PDA

View Full Version : United We Stand - Divided We Fail

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Petrie Out is a simple and logical statement and objective and it’s one I fully support.

However, we all know what RP will do next – he will look to divide and rule us as supporters in order to hang on.

I urge all Hibs to adopt the slogan or hash tag – Hibs Fans Together #hibsfanstogether as well as Petrie Out #petrieout.

Hibs fans will be together at 11.30 next Saturday outside the Main Stand to let our feelings be known, if RP’s still here.

DaveF
30-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I'll be there

#petrieout

greenlex
30-05-2014, 12:20 PM
I wont be there but most definitely support the removal of Petrie.

ManBearPig
30-05-2014, 09:17 PM
I wont as have a lot on but will move it if any truth in Stanton rumour.

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 09:20 PM
il be there

PETRIE OUT

judas
31-05-2014, 07:56 PM
However, we all know what RP will do next – he will look to divide and rule us as supporters in order to hang on.

And how will he do that?

By asking us to buy season tickets?

greenlex
31-05-2014, 07:57 PM
If he goes, what do you do next?
Get on supporting the club without the feeling that Petrie is interfering with the new regime. He has failed the last 2 or 3 years and arguably the last 7 on the footballing side. Do you think the club will collapse and fall further from grace than it already has because Rod Petrie isn't involved?

ionahibby
31-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Petrie Out is a simple and logical statement and objective and it’s one I fully support.

I urge all Hibs to adopt the slogan or hash tag – Hibs Fans Together #hibsfanstogether as well as Petrie Out #petrieout.

Hibs fans will be together at 11.30 next Saturday outside the Main Stand to let our feelings be known, if RP’s still here.

Sorry not me. I will be supporting the club the proper way, buying tickets and going to games, not buying into this idiotic campaign "petrie out".

That's my opinion of course. If folk feel the need to do something then fine but it will cause more damage than good!

greenlex
31-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Sorry not me. I will be supporting the club the proper way, buying tickets and going to games, not buying into this idiotic campaign "petrie out".

That's my opinion of course. If folk feel the need to do something then fine but it will cause more damage than good!
There is no suggestion that fans backing this campaign are not going to buy tickets and going to games nor are they being asked to. What sort of damage do you reckon this campaign will cause the club? Is it not broken right now and needing a fresh approach? Not a kid on freshness but a real kick ass freshness. I have already renewed my season ticket and will be at games. Even if there is a refund the club can keep it from me as I wish to help get us back on our feet. I don't gave a great deal of disposable income either. I feel your view of damaging the club I feel is coming from statements from the club rather than what is actually happening. Tell he I'm wrong or am I just being an idiot?

Pretty Boy
31-05-2014, 08:28 PM

Already bought a season ticket for next year and never missed a game except through work commitments last season. Will be the same next year. I also back the campaign.

Not sure how that makes me an idiot who's causing damage to the club. If people don't back the campaign then fine, no problem but don't try and paint me and others as something we are not.

ionahibby
31-05-2014, 08:30 PM
There is no suggestion that fans backing this campaign are not going to buy tickets and going to games nor are they being asked to. What sort of damage do you reckon this campaign will cause the club? Is it not broken right now and needing a fresh approach? Not a kid on freshness but a real kick ass freshness. I have already renewed my season ticket and will be at games. Even if there is a refund the club can keep it from me as I wish to help get us back on our feet. I don't gave a great deal of disposable income either. I feel your view of damaging the club I feel is coming from statements from the club rather than what is actually happening. Tell he I'm wrong or am I just being an idiot?

Your not wrong but look at what divisions this campaign has caused on .net never mind what damage it's doing at the moment to the full support and damage it could potentially do in the future. The problem is people like Paul Kane and mike Reilly don't care other than trying to become heroes. This campaign isn't working!

Ozyhibby
31-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Let's keep the focus on #PetrieOUT

chrisski33
31-05-2014, 08:34 PM

This is whats not been said yes leeann is taking over on.sunday and petrie going into the bkground. So surely petrie is going into a non involvement roll what happens on monday eh?cant someone or a fan group get together and buy his so called 10% or is the 10% a myth?
Hasnt petrie backed managers with transfer funds ir collins? Is petrie at fault for collins? No fenlon.was as he chose him.
Is shoutng petrie gtf outside the stadium or on telly gonna remove him? No!

chrisski33
31-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Your not wrong but look at what divisions this campaign has caused on .net never mind what damage it's doing at the moment to the full support and damage it could potentially do in the future. The problem is people like Paul Kane and mike Reilly don't care other than trying to become heroes. This campaign isn't working!

For me ur right mike reilly and paul iane arent the answer and something needs yo be said in.the press via rans groups that they dont represent the 95% they claim they do

greenlex
31-05-2014, 08:40 PM
To say they don't care is a bit off IMO. The campaign is days old. To say it isn't working is a wee bit premature. The disharmony amongst fans us exactly what Petrie is hoping for IMO.

Deansy
31-05-2014, 08:42 PM

Get behind his replacement who comes with a reputation for encouraging fan-involvement.

greenlex
31-05-2014, 09:35 PM
I wasn't looking for an arguement or a debate, just asking what happens after Petrie is forced out.

If the new regime isn't strong enough to fend for themselves then we've made a poor choice.
:aok:

Ringothedog
01-06-2014, 04:39 PM

I have bought my ST for next season but will be at Easter Road on Saturday. You CAN do both ie support and protest.

Saorsa
01-06-2014, 04:45 PM

That's my opinion of course. If folk feel the need to do something then fine but it will cause more damage than good!mair damage than petrie has done and continues tae dae by staying, aye good one :aok: he's the one doing the dividing. You call it idiotic, what dae you call backing and continuing tae back years of abject failure? Clever :hilarious Thousands of fans lost, millions down the drain, relegation twice now. Aye good job right enough, well run club :hilarious you crack on though. :aok:

emerald green
01-06-2014, 04:47 PM

If he stays, what would you do next?

Ringothedog
01-06-2014, 05:07 PM
If he stays, what would you do next?

if he stays the only options open to us are not buying tickets for games, not buying merchandise,sponsorship etc. The problem with that is the impact it will have on our club and amongst the fans as that sort of stance will divide leading to in effect a Hibernian civil war. The only person who would gain from this would be petrie.

emerald green
01-06-2014, 05:44 PM
if he stays the only options open to us are not buying tickets for games, not buying merchandise,sponsorship etc. The problem with that is the impact it will have on our club and amongst the fans as that sort of stance will divide leading to in effect a Hibernian civil war. The only person who would gain from this would be petrie.

I'm not suggesting for a second the fans should harm the club in any way by "starving the club of money". That will just make an already serious situation even worse and could, in the worst case scenario, force the club into administration. I'm just thinking ahead and wondering what happens if he simply will not go.

Would Petrie still refuse to go even if things got to the situation you have outlined? That's why it's vital the supporters force his hand, and perhaps more importantly Sir Tom Farmer's hand, and get him to go. STF's continued silence worries me, as I can only assume Petrie even now still has his support. Is his SFA blazer more important to Petrie than the future wellbeing of HFC?

emerald green
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM
The problem is people like Paul Kane and mike Reilly don't care other than trying to become heroes. This campaign isn't working!

What exactly do you base that sweeping statement on? Do you know this for a fact? Presumably you know Paul Kane and Mike Reilly and have talked about the campaign to remove Petrie with them?

How is this campaign not working? It hasn't really got started yet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 05:52 PM

You think that the fans that turn up next Saturday don't already buy tickets and go to games? If you do then your head is in the clouds, just next to where our style of football sits.

What kind of comment starts with " my opinion" and then ends with a factual statement that it will "cause more damage than good?" How can you possibly know that?

Ringothedog
01-06-2014, 06:07 PM
You think that the fans that turn up next Saturday don't already buy tickets and go to games? If you do then your head is in the clouds, just next to where our style of football sits.

What kind of comment starts with " my opinion" and then ends with a factual statement that it will "cause more damage than good?" How can you possibly know that?

Because he does....right!!!! Just like I can categorically state that the protest will cause no damage whatsoever.

nribs
01-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Getting a bit tedious being told by other fans what I need to do and think. Sorry for hoping of on one but it's getting on my thrupnies

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2014, 06:34 PM

I have read some utter rubbish on here since I first logged on in 2007 ... some of it posted by me I dare say ... But now I bow to the master http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

1 .... If there is a division in the Hibs support on this issue its not exactly huge ... with supporters of the status quo vastly outnumbered by those who want change ... If Petrie goes are you saying his supporters will desert the club?

2 .... Apart from that what do you mean by "damage it could potentially cause in the future" ? ..... I would love you to elaborate.

3 .... Paul Kane is a Hibs supporter and ex player ..... Mike Reilly ( no matter opinions on him as HSC president, or whatever post it is ) is as far as I know a dyed in the wool life long Hibby ........ In view of that perhaps you can explain what their agenda is and why ( in your obvious opinion ) they would risk short or long term damage to Hibs in order to progress it? Your heroes comment is utterly ridiculous.

4 .... The campaign might not work ....... Exactly less than a week down the road what is your evidence for your statement "this campaign isn't working!" ...... you didn't say wont, you said isn't ..... We'll see on the 7th how its going eh!

Like Greenlex who you were quoting I too have already renewed my season ticket and no matter what I will be in the stands as usual next season.

I will and do respect the opinion of those who support keeping Petrie, even though I utterly disagree with them. But for me the post you have made smells like it came directly from the bowels of Easter Road.