PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Meeting and press conference at HSA

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Briefing:

The day opened with a briefing from Paul Kane.

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in going after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairman's go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats member regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't about egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notes of the meeting in due course.

There will be a meeting with Leeann Dempster next week, Saturday 7th at 11. Paul called for supporters to sjow support for the Petrie out campaign by protesting peacefully before and during the meeting. The group appealed to Rod to go to avoid this and dragging the club through the press.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winning the 'Hibs way' again.

A show of hands was then asked for regarding communicating Saturdays planned protest to a wider audience. Again the vote was 100% unanimous in favour.

That was the briefing, I'll put the press conference together shortly.

GoldenEagle
30-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Good man, puts a few myths to bed and important that we all appreciate that this is not about egos or being the main man.
Some folk will need to take a back seat and have trust in this group.

I would plead with the group who meet Hibs not to agree to any confidentially whatsoever.
None.
By doing so only allows aspersions that they are in with the club and only doing this for personal good.

Knowing one or two of the group I'm sure that their intentions are solely in the interests of Hibs.

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Briefing:

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in goimg after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairmans go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats memeber regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't abouy egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notea of the meeting in due course.

There will be a meeting with Leeann Dempster next week, Saturday 7th at 11. Paul called for supporters to sjow support for the Petrie out campaign by protesting peacefully before and during the meeting. The group appealed to Rod to go to avoid this and dragging the club through the press.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winningn the 'Hibs way' again.

A show of hands was then asked for regarding communicating Saturdays planned protest to a wider audience. Again the vote was 100% unanimous in favour.

Thank's for the update and well done, surely no one can argue with that?.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Press conference:

Top table:

Paul Kane, Mike Reilly, Simon Pia, Kenny MacLean Jnr

Mike Reilly thanked everyone for attending. Said the group was something that had been rumbling below the surface for some time. Always suspected this day would come but upset and shocked it was after relegation. Everyone is numb.

He stated supporters had approached the HSA to act, only 1 member has openly voiced concerns about the plan. He said he would be proud to have a majority of support he reiterated that Paul will be a figurehead and spokesperson. He accused Hibs of dirty tricks to try and fracture the group and support.

kaimendhibs
30-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Excellent. Well done

Sent from my iphone

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Just to emphasise at no point yesterday was 'starving' of Club or finances raised.

This has been added in by the Club after the meeting, even though it was never mentioned.

Keith_M
30-05-2014, 11:40 AM
All sounds good and thanks for the feedback.

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Kenny MacLean jr:

Delighted to see so many fans especially the younger generation. He stated he asked Rod yesterday the simple question of whether he would resign. Rod categorically said he will not. Kenny then evoked the example of his dad and Hands off Hibs. He also stated he had spoke to Pat Stanton who is 100% behind the Petrie out campaign. Kenny then read from a Hibs statement from 2008 that said we would compete in the upper echelons, euro football with a class infrastructure. It also said we would be exciting and entertaining football team with long term stability. He stated supporters are not and will not starve the club. He said Rod has starved is of heart, soul and success and now Premier league football. He said fans must support the campaign. We as a club should be in the top 3 or 4. He then wished Leeann all the best and said he supports he but Petrie must be out.

18Craig75
30-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Sounds perfect! Time to get behind Kano.

Petrieout

mentalhibee
30-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Cheers for the update mate. I'll be there to protest at the meeting.

Lmc2105
30-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Am sitting beside him right now enjoy a pint while he is rapidly typing the notes for you guys! Well done pretty boy :thumbsup:

PatHead
30-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Just to clarify the meeting with Leanne is at 11.30 not 11.00am on Saturday week. It is by invitation. The protest is be outside the main stand at 11.00am.

Please try to be there.

HibbySpurs
30-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks for those updates PB much appreciated :aok:.

Sadly whilst we the fans dont want "civil war" at this time it appears the club is prepared to go to whatever lengths necessary to keep the current hirearchy in place.

Perhaps they feel that if they cling on our new CEO can bring a calming influence and de-escalate the situation in favour of RP staying as chairman?

It is right that we the fans must not starve the club of funds as that is simply cutting off our noses to spite our faces.

However (IMO) we must now stand together and not allow the club to "offer terms" in which RP and others on the board remain in post.

Our demands are simple as far as I can see:

Rod Petrie must stand down and leave from any offical capacity.
What are the club going to do to ensure that we have a realastic chance of gaining promotion back to the Premiership.
More transparency in communications with the support.
A team built around playing football the "Hibs Way".

Well maybe's that's my demands but I think at least some will agree with the above:confused:

I will be outside ER on the 7th and will pass the word on.

I also totally agree with Kano as spokesman at this time, a well known charachter and former player who (again IMO) we should unite behind.

GGTTH

Juice-Terry
30-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Am sitting beside him right now enjoy a pint while he is rapidly typing the notes for you guys! Well done pretty boy :thumbsup:

So am I. Almost.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 11:51 AM
It was then stated that the group had asked Rod about plans, targets, strategy and ambition for next season. He refused to answer.

Paul:

Campaign is all about Petrie out and it's one step at a time. Won't be attacking the club or Sir Tom. This isn't about individuals and is about all the fans. The fans will have and do have an oppprtunity to voice support for the cause or concerns. The Hibernian good name is paramount, the current demise is caused by Rod Petrie. He reiterated Rod had said he will not go. This refusal has forced this position and situation. He stated that the Hibs support was unbelievable. Asked the cameras to focus on crowd when he asked who supported Rod out, show off hands was unanimous. The campaign will be conducted with dignity, it's not personal, it's business. Many have seen it coming for a long time but relegation has been a wake up call. We are all a Hibs family, the tactics of the club are divide and conquer but the whole support must stand strong and together. He believes the support welcome Leeann, as does he, but it must be without Rod. He pointed to the example of Scott and Fyfe struggling to work with Rod. Leeann doesn't need Rod. He felt the meeting yesterday was disappointing but started the ball rolling. AT NO TIME DID THEY THREATEN TO WITHHOLD CASH, NOR WILL THEY.

He again called for a protest before the meeting with Leeann next week to show the strength of feeling against Rod. He stated the support is the lifeblood of the club, we will get what we want. He then said it was the choice of the wider support and they will go with what is wanted.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 11:52 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-fans-protest-we-won-t-starve-club-1-3427572

Lmc2105
30-05-2014, 11:56 AM
So am I. Almost.

Come over :greengrin

IanM
30-05-2014, 11:57 AM
excited about what's happened this morning, well done to all involved and well done to all that'll be attending next week. in this together.

everything seems above board, i'd also like to turn up next week to 'demonstrate' rather than 'protest' - I like the idea of demonstrating we're Hibs and we believe in what we're doing.. just a personal preference.

one small step and all that..

:flag:

Russ
30-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Briefing:

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in goimg after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairmans go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats memeber regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't abouy egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notea of the meeting in due course.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winningn the 'Hibs way' again.

I remember Kano as a player, decent professional who always gave 100%. I would love for him to remind me of the time any team he ever played in played the
'Hibs way'

legends of 73
30-05-2014, 12:00 PM

I'm watching his fingers going into overdrive

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 12:01 PM
There was then a Q&A session:

Will they go back to Rod?

The fans have to tell us what they want. If the support does protest how can the club not listen

What does rest of board think about Rod?

Bruce Langham believes Rod is best man for the job. 100% supports him. Couldn't speak for others.

Mark MacLean, grandson of Kenny MacLean stated the club means too much to too many. Disgrace we are having to go through this, 24 years ago we came together, we need to do the same again. He got quite emotional whilst saying this.

Paul stated he has seen grown men cry at the situation. If we do this right we will win and get the club back.

Kenny said that the support won't be let down and our questions will be answered.

A fan stood up from the floor and stated Hibs only exist because of the fans. Power is with us, not Rod Petrie, Petrie is now a cancer to the club and we want him out.

Shore Thing
30-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Kenny MacLean jr:
...Kenny then read from a Hibs statement from 2008 that said we would comepete in the upper echelons, euro football with a class infastructure. It also said we would be exciting and entertaining football team witj long term stability.

Since 2008, under Petrie's guidance, we have failed to deliver every footballing target from every statement of intent issued by the board.
Even last season this was watered down to 'the club aims to win as many games as possible', and we did not even acheive this vague-est of targets.

Petrie has to go.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Finally those represented were:

Most supporters club both affiliate and non affiliates of the HSA.

Charlie Reid of the Proclaimers.

Mike Reilly

Paul Kane

Simon Pia

Kenny MacLean jr

The bounce

Hibs.net

Working Together

Leith Links

A few individual fans

Finally any questions should be directed to the HSA by email marked for the Petrie Out campaign.

nribs
30-05-2014, 12:05 PM

Who's she? :)

FranckSuzy
30-05-2014, 12:11 PM

:shocked:

Dan Sarf
30-05-2014, 12:13 PM

That's disgusting!!! :faf:

DaveF
30-05-2014, 12:14 PM

And I'm fixing all his typo's :greengrin

Good work PB - Thanks for doing this :agree:

ALF TUPPER
30-05-2014, 12:22 PM

:rules: EEEEEEK!

Memo to self...................... "Cant let grandson read this thread"

:wink:

calumhibee1
30-05-2014, 12:26 PM

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2014, 12:32 PM
can i ask is Bruce Langham on the Board ?

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Nice one PB. Diary cleared for 11.00a.m. on the 7th.

NW
30-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Was there any mention of plans for who they are keen to see replace RP or what fan involvement there is and if anyone with any financial muscle is backing this

Dibben
30-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Well done. Great work.

Gatecrasher
30-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Excellent work PB! It's important we stick together if RP thinks this will blow over he can think again. I hope for the clubs stake that the fans back the club as we need players to compete next season. It's a fine balance.

pacorosssco
30-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Well done to all involved , crank up the pressure. its time for change. I was in the process of typing the below so I add my support to the PETRIE OUT campaign in mail as I cant attend protest

Hello,

I have waited a few days to calm down to send this email. I am an overseas supporter. It is time this club is dragged back into contention in the domestic Scottish league. The level of performance is just not acceptable. Firstly Rod Petrie should be removed from the club immediately . On our new CEO first day her first task should be to remove Terry Butcher from his position and a new manager identified from a panel of former players who have the clubs best interests in mind. It is becoming clear the youth system also need addressed and that a new head of youth development is required. Heads need to role from TOP to BOTTOM. It is clear the culture and mentality at Hibs is wrong and a new start is required.

The 1-5 loss to Hearts should have been the catalyst for change and Pat Fenlon should have been removed from his position after such a historically damaging result. Terry Butcher has also now added another unwanted milestone and the same mistake of keeping the manager should not be made twice

I have continued to support Hibs from abroad and the TV package needs updated. The stream is inconsistent and poor and those who volunteer need better support from the club to improve this. I would gladly pay the cost for an online season but the amount of time the stream fails is ridiculous and it is simply throwing money away. I still invest in Hibs through the club shop and walk ups and I would estimate this value at five hundred pounds a year. On Sunday I paid for four friends who will no longer pay to watch a quite simply awful team but such was my commitment to seeing Hibs avoid the drop I dragged them along. I make a point of getting friends kids something from the HIbs shop to encourage the next generation.

The Hamilton game is the third year running I have been kicked in the balls by a gutless shameless performance and I have no desire to see anyone over the age of 21 involved in that team in a Hibs jersey ever again. Hibs can ill afford to keep losing support and count on people like me who keep at others to go.
When in Edinburgh I have put aside commitments to see family in order to give Hibs my support not to mention the cost of flights/work holidays to attend big games.
The three big games of the last three years have given no return. Sunday was quite simply woeful.

Rod Petrie time is up two relegations and a culture of failure demands this before more support is lost. Without the sales of our 2007 cup winning team, we would now be in a horrendous financial position. Hibernian should be at the top of Scottish football looking to challenge Celtic dominance with a well-organized team mixed with youth and experience guided by a manager who can get the best out of the players at his disposal .We should have one of the best youth set ups with a continued supply to the first team to utilize the outstanding facilties we have. Explayers should be involved in club to create a gap between the board and for advice on football matters. Rod Petrie it is clear cannot pick a manager. The fans have spoken I was proud to part of the six hundred involved in Sundays protest and the message was clear PETRIE OUT and BUTCHER OUT . If you don’t come out were coming in. I have no faith in Rod Petrie to take Hibernian FC forward and he must be accountable for abject failure. Terry Butcher along with Pat Fenlon have relegated our great football club and Terry Butcher should play no part in the rebuilding process.

The two last statements from the club are hollow and the fans have heard it all before. Hibs have been here before when we fought off Mercer and we won . I hope Mr Petrie remembers we as fans when required will do whatever it takes to keep Hibernian FC alive. Mr Petrie is killing this club and his time is up. The next statement I want to hear is the them man who has had 7 years regression is no longer associated with Hibernian and that Mr Butcher and Malpas have followed suit.

As I write this I have just seen the notes from the meeting between Paul Kane and Hibs groups with the Board. I fully back and support their campaign for change. I cannot attend next Saturday to protest but this is my protest. It is time for Rod Petrie and Hibs to go their seperate ways. It is what the fans want and we have spoken.

I would like to echo their sentiment that a Chairman, CEO and manager come and go but it is the fans that are the lifeblood of our club.

Rod Petrie give us our club back.

PatHead
30-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Was there any mention of plans for who they are keen to see replace RP or what fan involvement there is and if anyone with any financial muscle is backing this

At this stage all we are doing is trying to get Petrie to see sense and **** off. It is important that this is the sole objective at this time.

We can then hear what Leeann and the remaining board propose on returning the club to it's rightful place without worrying about him.

overdrive
30-05-2014, 12:51 PM

:jamboak: :no way:

Kaiser_Sauzee
30-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Colonel Gaddafi didn't want to leave his post. Look what happened to him. :chop:

Cracker
30-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Well done to all involved , crank up the pressure. its time for change. I was in the process of typing the below so I add my support to the PETRIE OUT campaign in mail as I cant attend protest

Hello,

I have waited a few days to calm down to send this email. I am an overseas supporter. It is time this club is dragged back into contention in the domestic Scottish league. The level of performance is just not acceptable. Firstly Rod Petrie should be removed from the club immediately . On our new CEO first day her first task should be to remove Terry Butcher from his position and a new manager identified from a panel of former players who have the clubs best interests in mind. It is becoming clear the youth system also need addressed and that a new head of youth development is required. Heads need to role from TOP to BOTTOM. It is clear the culture and mentality at Hibs is wrong and a new start is required.

The 1-5 loss to Hearts should have been the catalyst for change and Pat Fenlon should have been removed from his position after such a historically damaging result. Terry Butcher has also now added another unwanted milestone and the same mistake of keeping the manager should not be made twice

I have continued to support Hibs from abroad and the TV package needs updated. The stream is inconsistent and poor and those who volunteer need better support from the club to improve this. I would gladly pay the cost for an online season but the amount of time the stream fails is ridiculous and it is simply throwing money away. I still invest in Hibs through the club shop and walk ups and I would estimate this value at five hundred pounds a year. On Sunday I paid for four friends who will no longer pay to watch a quite simply awful team but such was my commitment to seeing Hibs avoid the drop I dragged them along. I make a point of getting friends kids something from the HIbs shop to encourage the next generation.

The Hamilton game is the third year running I have been kicked in the balls by a gutless shameless performance and I have no desire to see anyone over the age of 21 involved in that team in a Hibs jersey ever again. Hibs can ill afford to keep losing support and count on people like me who keep at others to go.
When in Edinburgh I have put aside commitments to see family in order to give Hibs my support not to mention the cost of flights/work holidays to attend big games.
The three big games of the last three years have given no return. Sunday was quite simply woeful.

Rod Petrie time is up two relegations and a culture of failure demands this before more support is lost. Without the sales of our 2007 cup winning team, we would now be in a horrendous financial position. Hibernian should be at the top of Scottish football looking to challenge Celtic dominance with a well-organized team mixed with youth and experience guided by a manager who can get the best out of the players at his disposal .We should have one of the best youth set ups with a continued supply to the first team to utilize the outstanding facilties we have. Explayers should be involved in club to create a gap between the board and for advice on football matters. Rod Petrie it is clear cannot pick a manager. The fans have spoken I was proud to part of the six hundred involved in Sundays protest and the message was clear PETRIE OUT and BUTCHER OUT . If you don’t come out were coming in. I have no faith in Rod Petrie to take Hibernian FC forward and he must be accountable for abject failure. Terry Butcher along with Pat Fenlon have relegated our great football club and Terry Butcher should play no part in the rebuilding process.

The two last statements from the club are hollow and the fans have heard it all before. Hibs have been here before when we fought off Mercer and we won . I hope Mr Petrie remembers we as fans when required will do whatever it takes to keep Hibernian FC alive. Mr Petrie is killing this club and his time is up. The next statement I want to hear is the them man who has had 7 years regression is no longer associated with Hibernian and that Mr Butcher and Malpas have followed suit.

As I write this I have just seen the notes from the meeting between Paul Kane and Hibs groups with the Board. I fully back and support their campaign for change. I cannot attend next Saturday to protest but this is my protest. It is time for Rod Petrie and Hibs to go their seperate ways. It is what the fans want and we have spoken.

I would like to echo their sentiment that a Chairman, CEO and manager come and go but it is the fans that are the lifeblood of our club.

Rod Petrie give us our club back.

Agree with every word well said ! I hope to get to Easter road for the gathering .

Caversham Green
30-05-2014, 01:02 PM

He doesn't need to be replaced. Leeann Dempster will be doing all the work he previously did and any one of the remaining directors could take on the role of Non-exec Chairman.

Hibby Gav
30-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Briefing:

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in going after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairman's go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats member regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't about egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notes of the meeting in due course.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winning the 'Hibs way' again.

Many thanks PB..
ggtth

PatHead
30-05-2014, 01:40 PM

No the objective at this time is to remove Petrie. If other objectives were included it would divide and support. Lets see what Leeann does and take it from there.

Deansy
30-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Bearing in mind Petrie's favourite tactic of 'Divide & Conquer' - what's the betting journalists will be a lot more welcome than usual (normally never !!) at ER over the next few weeks !. Their (his ?) statement yesterday - 'The Club also expressed its deep concern that any actions to "starve" the Club of support during the challenging months ahead risk causing long-term damage' already being refuted by Paul Kane & Co. Tbh, from now on, I won't believe ANY statement from ER - unless it's Leeanne Dempster announcing Petrie's gone completely !!

Onion
30-05-2014, 04:19 PM
All good, but why are they not trying to get an audience with STF? If STF can be persuaded that it's in the clubs best interests to remove Petrie, then Petrie will get removed. He cannot remain as Chair if the owner wants him out.

Also, STF might be helpful if finding a football-minded replacement.

Ozyhibby
30-05-2014, 04:27 PM
All good, but why are they not trying to get an audience with STF? If STF can be persuaded that it's in the clubs best interests to remove Petrie, then Petrie will get removed. He cannot remain as Chair if the owner wants him out.

Also, STF might be helpful if finding a football-minded replacement.

I don't think that is an option.
We have to apply enough pressure that he resigns.

legends of 73
30-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Well done pretty boy watching those fingers at work was very impressive lol

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 04:43 PM
If this movement (which I support) do not want to confront STF, what would happen if he makes a public show of support for RP, maybe even delivering some sort of ultimatum in the process?

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 04:49 PM
If this movement (which I support) do not want to confront STF, what would happen if he makes a public show of support for RP, maybe even delivering some sort of ultimatum in the process?

Like what, no selling tyres to Hibs fans ?.

Aldo
30-05-2014, 04:59 PM
First off thanks very much to all those who have been involved and put the time and effort in regarding this.

It's appreciated from here anyway.

Once again Rods arrogance is plain for all to see.

No one person is bigger than the club and that includes Petrie

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2014, 05:04 PM

He is. He's one of the non-executive directors.

down-the-slope
30-05-2014, 06:17 PM

:agree: An staunch Hibby, nice bloke and more importantly has experience of football way beyond the scale of Hibs - I personally saw him as best option for future Non Exec. Chairman.

I guess his support of Rod is a case or do so or resign his Directorship :rolleyes:

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 06:19 PM

Good question. Not happened yet so the support will be asked the question should it arise.

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks for passing on the info, PB, it's much appreciated.

eggbamyasi
30-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for passing info on pb . Seems all good the meeting and I for one am really glad there is no call to boycott and affect our season more finacially than it already has been . GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

qiut
30-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Who decided who was "represented"?

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I remember Kano as a player, decent professional who always gave 100%. I would love for him to remind me of the time any team he ever played in played the
'Hibs way'

Only if you remind me WTF that has to do with this.

Deansy
30-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Who decided who was "represented"?

Somebody had to start this, just as Kenny McClean & Co did back in the days of the 'Hands of Hibs' campaign.

Itsnoteasy
30-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Well done to all of those who were there. I seen it on the telly this evening. The only negative I would say was the top table looked like something out of Tenko. Remember there is first class then there is Hibs class.

Jack
30-05-2014, 07:12 PM
With regard to starving the club of money can I just say that in my opinion without the obvious cup finals draw to buy STs, compounded with relegation and piss poor football the club is stuffed financially unless there's some sort of miracle up front for the coming season!

... and I can see you know who blaming this campaign although nothing could be further from the truth.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2014, 07:17 PM

:agree: An staunch Hibby, nice bloke and more importantly has experience of football way beyond the scale of Hibs - I personally saw him as best option for future Non Exec. Chairman.

I guess his support of Rod is a case or do so or resign his Directorship :rolleyes:

ok ta muchly :aok:

Pretty Boy
30-05-2014, 07:36 PM
With regard to starving the club of money can I just say that in my opinion without the obvious cup finals draw to buy STs, compounded with relegation and piss poor football the club is stuffed financially unless there's some sort of miracle up front for the coming season!

... and I can see you know who blaming this campaign although nothing could be further from the truth.

That was the one thing I was tentative about going into today was the alleged comments about withholding cash. I was delighted when Paul stated categotically that wasn't the case and that was reiterated throughout. That was pretty underhand from Rod and Forsyth to suggest otherwise in their statement last night. As you say perhaps starting the blame game early.

Divide and conquer.....

hibees 7062
30-05-2014, 07:44 PM
:shocked:

:greengrin

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 07:51 PM
That was the one thing I was tentative about going into today was the alleged comments about withholding cash. I was delighted when Paul stated categotically that wasn't the case and that was reiterated throughout. That was pretty underhand from Rod and Forsyth to suggest otherwise in their statement last night. As you say perhaps starting the blame game early.

Divide and conquer.....

You should not be surprised though PB, it's the ONLY time Rod puts his head above the trench - when he wants our money. Only in crisis does he 'show his hand' and even then it's behind a statement, NEVER to camera.

No other chairman is as elusive and underhand - and I chose my word carefully there - he is very underhand.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2014, 08:00 PM
He accused Hibs of dirty tricks to try and fracture the group and support.

It was then stated that the group had asked Rod about plans, targets, strategy and ambition for next season. He refused to answer.

He felt the meeting yesterday was disappointing but started the ball rolling. AT NO TIME DID THEY THREATEN TO WITHHOLD CASH, NOR WILL THEY.

Very interesting.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Could admins sticky the HSA e-mail (or whichever the right e-mail address is that Pretty Boy was talking about) so that it is easy for all fans to find and communicate with them?

Many thanks for taking the time to type all that out.

The Falcon
30-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Divide and conquer.....

I find those comments are reassuring PB.

Thanks for the updates.

147lothian
30-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Well done Kano, lets keep the pressure on!

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Divide and conquer.....

I don't get this "divide and conquer" stuff. In the brief recap published on the official site, it says that the club expressed it's concern should there be a starving of funds. Even if Kano & co. didn't bring it up in the first place, nor did they say what form(s) any protest may take. However the issue, whoever brought it up, obviously was discussed. I don't see anything sinister or particularly divisive in it being included in the recap.

For me, this illustrates why RP should go. Anything he says from now on, no matter how benign, will be scrutinised and treated with derision and/or suspicion by too many of the support.

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't get this "divide and conquer" stuff. In the brief recap published on the official site, it says that the club expressed it's concern should there be a starving of funds. Even if Kano & co. didn't bring it up in the first place, nor did they say what form(s) any protest may take. However the issue, whoever brought it up, obviously was discussed. I don't see anything sinister or particularly divisive in it being included in the recap.

For me, this illustrates why RP should go. Anything he says from now on, no matter how benign, will be scrutinised and treated with derision and/or suspicion by too many of the support.

The starving of funds was reported by Daily Record on Tuesday.....

gegs70
30-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Kenny MacLean jr:

Delighted to see so many fans especially the younger generation. He stated he asked Rod yesterday the simple question of whether he would resign. Rod categorically said he will not. Kenny then evoked the example of his dad and Hands off Hibs. He also stated he had spoke to Pat Stanton who is 100% behind the Petrie out campaign. Kenny then read from a Hibs statement from 2008 that said we would compete in the upper echelons, euro football with a class infrastructure. It also said we would be exciting and entertaining football team with long term stability. He stated supporters are not and will not starve the club. He said Rod has starved is of heart, soul and success and now Premier league football. He said fans must support the campaign. We as a club should be in the top 3 or 4. He then wished Leeann all the best and said he supports he but Petrie must be out.

Thats what I want to be proud of the club again...not for finanaces but for football!

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 09:32 PM

So are they trying to divide and conquer us then?

The Green Goblin
30-05-2014, 09:32 PM

It was most likely seen as a "divide and conquer" issue because of where the comment appeared: in the middle of the club statement on the meeting with fans a few days ago.

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Surely it was seen as a "divide and conquer" issue because of where the comment appeared: in the middle of the club statement on the meeting with fans a few days ago, no?

If it was discussed, irrespective of who brought it up, why shouldn't it be included in the recap?

trev the hat
30-05-2014, 09:35 PM

Stevie, can u gauge the Petrie Out stance on Butcher / Malpas ? As for me Petrie is dead in the water & this question is paramount to the support. Post Petrie.
personal opinion welcomed (big thumbs up)

AlbertK86
30-05-2014, 09:37 PM
One key point for me was KING ROD refusing the conversation to be recorded at yesterday's meeting

If there is no hidden agenda and he was properly prepared why refuse

Immediately raises suspicion that he will try to deny anything controversial that he may have said

PatHead
30-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Stevie, can u gauge the Petrie Out stance on Butcher / Malpas ? As for me Petrie is dead in the water & this question is paramount to the support. Post Petrie.
personal opinion welcomed (big thumbs up)

I think it is better to solely focus on Petrie. Anything else could split the support. Once Rod is gone we can focus on the way forward.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2014, 09:40 PM
If it was discussed, irrespective of who brought it up, why shouldn't it be included in the recap?

Because the fans' reps who were there categorically denied they had said or discussed any such thing.

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Because the fans' reps who were there categorically denied they had said or discussed any such thing.

As far as I'm aware, they're adamant that they made no such threat but they haven't denied that it came up - even if it was RP/JM that brought it up.

trev the hat
30-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I think it is better to solely focus on Petrie. Anything else could split the support. Once Rod is gone we can focus on the way forward.

Disagree this issue is the forgotten one, Petrie will go IMO we as a support are too strong & the managerial input since Dec should be culpable. I want Petrie gone but I also want the manager who Petrie appointed gone. Least we forget his record is appalling 29 games totally inept. Petrie out Butcher OUT.

Steve-O
30-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Why aren't we asking the entire Board to go? Surely they've supported Petrie all this time and played a part in this debacle? Hardly anyone knows who they even are! Faceless people in the background making decisions with seemingly no accountability.

PatHead
30-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Disagree this issue is the forgotten one, Petrie will go IMO we as a support are too strong & the managerial input since Dec should be culpable. I want Petrie gone but I also want the manager who Petrie appointed gone. Least we forget his record is appalling 29 games totally inept. Petrie out Butcher OUT.

As I posted on a different thread, who would come to the club whilst this uncertainty exists? Get Rod out asap then look at the next steps in rebuilding the trust.

The Falcon
30-05-2014, 11:56 PM

I heard a radio interview with Mike Reilly on Radio Scotland breakfast the other morning (Tuesday?) when he was asked directly if part of the plan was to withhold ST's "like Rangers" and he didn't say no. He didn't say yes either mind, instead saying something along the lines that a statement would be made later, but there was not the clear message at that time that PB reports.

Moon unit
31-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Petrie...Non executive Dictator!..even Dictators can be toppled!
keep up the good work Kano and Co and let's get a massive turn out next Saturday!

The wave of feeling makes me believe he won't make it till Saturday ...but let's remember he has the biggest Brass neck of them all!...GGTTH
:flag:

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 07:40 AM

IT WAS NOT DISCUSSED. IT WAS ADDED BY THE CLUB LATER.

Please can we stop this conjecture.

Cropley10
31-05-2014, 07:42 AM
I heard a radio interview with Mike Reilly on Radio Scotland breakfast the other morning (Tuesday?) when he was asked directly if part of the plan was to withhold ST's "like Rangers" and he didn't say no. He didn't say yes either mind, instead saying something along the lines that a statement would be made later, but there was not the clear message at that time that PB reports.

I will put three ST renewals into a Trust account to be drawn down immediately RP leaves.

Simple.

We, the Pre-paying customer hold ALL the power here.

Weststandwanab
31-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I will put three ST renewals into a Trust account to be drawn down immediately RP leaves.

Simple.

I have two where do I deposit them ?

The Green Goblin
31-05-2014, 11:58 AM
As far as I'm aware, they're adamant that they made no such threat but they haven't denied that it came up - even if it was RP/JM that brought it up.

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2014/05/petrie-out-campaign-denies-trying-to-starve-the-club/

ionahibby
31-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Simple.

Jeezo! We are standing sound like rangers fans, this is getting ridiculous!

down-the-slope
31-05-2014, 01:39 PM

Jack that is an excellent point and should be made publicly asap to counteract any future PR spin.....

down-the-slope
31-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Thanks PB for efforts to feed back - I know how hard that can be :agree:

Even on this thread there are some looking for campaign to remove team management to be rolled in...I think the views on that are far more divided and so should be avoided and left to see what LD proposes once in harness - otherwise we will have the support at each others throats

jacomo
31-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks PB for efforts to feed back - I know how hard that can be :agree:

Even on this thread there are some looking for campaign to remove team management to be rolled in...I think the views on that are far more divided and so should be avoided and left to see what LD proposes once in harness - otherwise we will have the support at each others throats

It's a no brainer for me - other managers underperformed (and the reasons why have been debated endlessly) but Butcher failed to achieve the bare minimum, while he and his team have caused conflict and division.

But I totally understand the focus on Petrie. He employed Butcher after all and it's time he faced the consequences of his actions, as a wise man once said.