PDA

View Full Version : Celtic in talks with Roy Keane

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Away from the Hibs soap opera, Sky are reporting Celtic and Keane are in negotiations. Fireworks guaranteed if that yin happens!

Onceinawhile
30-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Good. He is a terrible manager. Will do worse than Mowbray.

emerald green
30-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Hopefully he will take Celtic down and they can join us all in one big party in the Championship. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
30-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Away from the Hibs soap opera, Sky are reporting Celtic and Keane are in negotiations. Fireworks guaranteed if that yin happens!

Here's hoping they get him, abysmal manager, might even manage to fail in Scotland. I am sure they will be able to say he is celtc minded though so that should be alright.

Stokes must be hoping their next manager is not an Elvis fan though - looking forward to seeing if there are any Elvis fans amongst their support who will see this as not living, breathing and farting celtc, or whatever the standard presently is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27621085

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 09:10 AM
You'd have to question whether Keane is temperamentally suited to the madhoose of Glasgow football. The media would try to get him to explode from day one. The fact he wouldn't have Rangers around for at least one season would be a help to him though.

easty
30-05-2014, 09:31 AM
My mum could manage Celtc and win them the league. You get Neil Lennon linked with jobs down south, but really nobody knows if he's a good manager or not.

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm surprised they're even interviewing him, he frittered away millions at Sunderland and was a failure at Ipswich as well. Bearing in mind how tight Celtic are with money it's a strange one. Good if it's true though, he's a **** manager.

Scottie
30-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Mans a ticking time bomb canny wait for the fireworks to start if he gets the job

jw1875
30-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I think he'd struggle as a manager and always will.

I don't think he's a man manager and would drill players.

weonlywon6-2
30-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Jeez,are they serious about this,there must be better out there for celtic than keane,hes awful

Jones28
30-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Hopefully the same will happen as when he played for them, he was shown up in a league he thought he was too good for. Odious thug.

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Brilliant player.

An utterly terrible manager and from what I can see a worse human being. Oh how I hope they get him.

You would have thought it would be neigh on impossible to find a bigger tool than Neil Lennon for that job. Nice one Sellik http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

snooky
30-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Next season will probably the best chance in a lifetime for any club with ambition to win the SPL - and where will we be? That's the saddest part of all.

"Fortune favours ...."

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Got Sunderland out The Championship but dire man-management and punted quickly in the top league. Should be good for a laugh (for fans of other clubs) at press conferences if nothing else.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Horrible stain of a human being, absolutely howling manager. Hope this happens.

Reckon this would be up there with the John Barnes appointment.

snooky
30-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Petrie resigning and RK to the Soapies would make a nice Happy Hibby weekend double.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-05-2014, 08:40 PM
He has been an abject failure at every club he has managed so let that be a lesson to them if he gets the job, could be another John Barnes type disaster appointment.

Carry on...

Paisley Hibby
30-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Brilliant player.

An utterly terrible manager and from what I can see a worse human being. Oh how I hope they get him.

You would have thought it would be neigh on impossible to find a bigger tool than Neil Lennon for that job. Nice one Sellik http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

This! :thumbsup:

jacomo
30-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Next season will probably the best chance in a lifetime for any club with ambition to win the SPL - and where will we be? That's the saddest part of all.

"Fortune favours ...."

Just what I was thinking. Fantastic opportunity for Hibs to really aim big...aw, ****.

30-05-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm surprised they're even interviewing him, he frittered away millions at Sunderland and was a failure at Ipswich as well. Bearing in mind how tight Celtic are with money it's a strange one. Good if it's true though, he's a **** manager.

TBH though, they could employ a monkey and STILL win the SPL. Celtic unfortunatly are miles ahead of all other SPL teams atm so really doesn't take a lot of managerial skill to win it for them.

Hibs Class
30-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Next season's SPL is of no interest to me, doubt I'll watch any games, so not really interested in the staff at any club

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2014, 09:15 PM
TBH though, they could employ a monkey and STILL win the SPL. Celtic unfortunatly are miles ahead of all other SPL teams atm so really doesn't take a lot of managerial skill to win it for them.

They did, and he's just resigned.

eastterrace
30-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Next season's SPL is of no interest to me, doubt I'll watch any games, so not really interested in the staff at any club

yes i feel like that as well, couldnt care less who manages who as i wont be watching much of the premier games , maybe the dundee derby thats about it.

erin go bragh
30-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Hopefully he will take Celtic down and they can join us all in one big party in the Championship. :greengrin

As bad a manager as he is he cant relegate them before the season starts . :) were only in the championship for a fleeting visit like 98 . Pretty please. .

Ggtth

Bostonhibby
30-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Keanes learnt a lot from his Sunderland days. He's only going to pay £8m to get Craig Gordon this time round. Direct joke from my Mackem drinking buddy tonight. Hee hee.