PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stanton to be released ???

Pages : [1] 2

Niffy
30-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Hibs are in danger of losing midfielder Sam Stanton just a month after the 20-year-old agreed a four-year contract since relegation means his salary has been halved and the club are willing to sell him on for a modest fee, with the same applying to other Easter Road youngsters like Alex Harris and Jordon Forster. (Sun)

Green&White
30-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Hibs are in danger of losing midfielder Sam Stanton just a month after the 20-year-old agreed a four-year contract since relegation means his salary has been halved and the club are willing to sell him on for a modest fee, with the same applying to other Easter Road youngsters like Alex Harris and Jordon Forster. (Sun)

very much doubt this. especially because of the bit in bold.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 08:28 AM

:agree:

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 08:30 AM
very much doubt this. especially because of the bit in bold.

It's true.

calumhibee1
30-05-2014, 08:32 AM
It's true.

If that's the case then Hibs should be turning round and putting there wages (which presumably will still be fairly low) back up to the full thing.

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 08:32 AM
and supposing this is true

what if no-one wants him ? surely they cant just rip up his contract and give him a new 1 on half the wages

Green&White
30-05-2014, 08:33 AM
It's true.

but why would we be willing to sell im for a modest fee if his wages have been halved? the only reason i can think of us wanting to sell is because his wages are too high and we need to cut back??? :confused:

nribs
It's true.

It was reported on another thread yesterday. Find this crazy. We really are a total shambles right now.

Saorsa
Another blinder by those running (ruining) this club (but backed by the real fans of course). Best/only talent tae come through in years getting shoved out the door, ****in' marvelous.

happiehibbie
30-05-2014, 08:34 AM
I spoke to Jordan a few weeks ago He told me that his contract was signed when he was not getting a game. he said he does not get that much money or as much as others at the club. he knows h signed the deal to early but that was the gamble he said

confused
30-05-2014, 08:35 AM
If this is allowed to happen , prepare for a big splash , because either MR P OR ME or maybe BOTH are going in harbour , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itslegaltender
30-05-2014, 08:35 AM
As I said on the clearout thread, Stanton only got these new wages a couple of weeks ago, he would have been on a vastly reduced figure before, if the club has any motivation for long term planning, we should be securing the young players with the talent required, not shipping them out for £50k.

Steve20
30-05-2014, 08:36 AM
We shouldn't be cutting back. We should be spending more to make sure we get out at the first attempt.

Billy Whizz
30-05-2014, 08:37 AM

All 3 have signed new contracts this season. They must have signed contracts on this, get relegated and your wages are reduced. Seems fair to me, as long as some of the more responsible wasters have to do likewise.

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 08:37 AM

Everyone is for sale at every club for the right price... Even Messi.

Based on the afore mentioned this is a non-story and poor football journos picking on a club in despair if you ask me.

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 08:38 AM
We shouldn't be cutting back. We should be spending more to make sure we get out at the first attempt.spending mair? petrie still there! :faf: I'll crack the jokes.

Steve20
30-05-2014, 08:39 AM
spending mair? petrie still there! :faf: I'll crack the jokes.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know we won't, but that's the only way we will have a chance to get promoted next season.

coldingham hibs
30-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Where is the cutting wages coming from, if we plan on returning to the Premiership next season what is the reason for cutting wages.

We will take in as much income as we currently do, bearing in mind the £500k relegation payment, TV income & Rangers/Hearts games.

Are we effectively saying that we are expecting to stay in the division.

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Not like the press to kick us when we're down.

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2014, 08:41 AM

We'll see what happens. It would be unforgivable, if true.

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Not like the press to kick us when we're down.kicking us? In what way? It's true!

andy1875
30-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I obviously don't know the figures but I'm guessing Forster, Harris and Stanton won't be on massive wages.

And if we did try and sell them, we certainly wouldn't command big fees.

£50k a player fair enough? I don't know.

Seems a stupid decision to let these guys go and if Butcher has told them they can go, destroying their already fragile confidence even more, then that's the last straw for Butcher with me.

What a shambles this guy is turning us into.

DH1875
30-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Stanton and Harris are both on between £600 and £700 per week. If we can't afford to be paying that, god only knows what kinda dross we're after. Them season tickets at £405 per week are really starting to look like a bargain (NOT).

easty
30-05-2014, 08:43 AM
If you sign a contract that states 'your wages will be cut if the club is relegated' then it shouldn't be any surprise when you get relegated and your wages get cut. I'd imagine it's quite a commonplace clause in contracts. If it's not enough money for them then offer them better performance related bonuses.

As for selling him on for a modest fee. Why would that be the case? If they are under contract then we dont have to sell them.

nribs
30-05-2014, 08:44 AM
We shouldn't be cutting back. We should be spending more to make sure we get out at the first attempt.
I have to agree, this is the first time I have wanted hibs to speculate. The board should be doing everything in their power to ensure our playing budget is not cut and find as many ways as possible to get money into the club and by that I dont mean selling our best youngsters.

coldingham hibs
30-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Is this a Petrie story released by the club to make us buy season tickets, on the back of yesterday's statement. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

stantonhibby
30-05-2014, 08:46 AM
If you sign a contract that states 'your wages will be cut if the club is relegated' then it shouldn't be any surprise when you get relegated and your wages get cut. I'd imagine it's quite a commonplace clause in contracts. If it's not enough money for them then offer them better performance related bonuses.

As for selling him on for a modest fee. Why would that be the case? If they are under contract then we dont have to sell them.

You would hope then that the manager will have the same clause in his contract? If kept on of course.

itslegaltender
30-05-2014, 08:47 AM

Thats the point, by a number of different sources, all players in the squad on full time contracts have been told they can leave if they find a club. We need the likes of Hanlon and Stanton for next season.

Speedy
and supposing this is true

what if no-one wants him ? surely they cant just rip up his contract and give him a new 1 on half the wages

It'll be a clause in his existing contract.

I believe it's pretty standard.

Gustavo Fring
I have to agree, this is the first time I have wanted hibs to speculate. The board should be doing everything in their power to ensure our playing budget is not cut and find as many ways as possible to get money into the club and by that I dont mean selling our best youngsters.

i think you must have our board confused with someone else's

The Leith Dutch
30-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Where is the cutting wages coming from, if we plan on returning to the Premiership next season what is the reason for cutting wages.

We will take in as much income as we currently do, bearing in mind the £500k relegation payment, TV income & Rangers/Hearts games.

This cuts right to the heart of the issue - there needs to be a clear plan.

If the plan is to get out at the first time of asking then there needs to be a clear commitment to that from the word go - spend money and keep players like Stanton.

If the "plan" is to wait till Sevco are gone then I really think they need to communicate that.
As utterly depressing as that would be I think that being upfront with us would be far less damaging than hoping we don't notice.

Vini1875
30-05-2014, 08:51 AM
This just ramps up the anger levels even more. The Sun I think would be happy for this to be the case as it creates a reaction from the fans and more incendiary comments from the fans = more papers sold, more website visits.

HH81
30-05-2014, 08:54 AM
So Stanton is not been released?

Phil D. Rolls
30-05-2014, 08:55 AM
This just ramps up the anger levels even more. The Sun I think would be happy for this to be the case as it creates a reaction from the fans and more incendiary comments from the fans = more papers sold, more website visits.

If its true, it's hardly the Sun that created the reaction.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 08:56 AM
If this is allowed to happen , prepare for a big splash , because either MR P OR ME or maybe BOTH are going in harbour , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think this is why if there are on going meetings with the board we need honest answers to these issues There is a lot of speculation just now and only the club clarifying this can give us the information we need to make informed choices .But for me selling our best young talent on the cheap isn't the way to go and getting rid of hibs supporters who play for club isn't best way to go .
Some of these young players may well now have no faith in T B of course and that would be a hammer blow as the thought of turning up next season to watch 11 unknowns from the lower English leagues suddenly would be less appealing Brining through and nurturing our own talent and Hibees to boot is one of the reasons I have stuck with the team

easty
30-05-2014, 08:58 AM
I bet Stanton is still at Hibs for our first game back in the SPL, be it 2015 or 2016.

EK_Hibs
30-05-2014, 08:58 AM
If Stanton is let go it will prove to be an absolutely appalling decision.

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 08:59 AM
kicking us? In what way? It's true!
Whether it is true or not, it is just another excuse for the press to plunge the dagger in. Any excuse, any half story, they're like vultures.

WestStandMoaner
30-05-2014, 09:05 AM

Correct, there should be investment by Farmer and Petrie they own the club, I also own a business and in the past I have had to put my own money into it when required, that is what business owners do, it is their fault we are in this mess, therefore, it is their responsibility to get us out of it.

Nevi_SOL
30-05-2014, 09:06 AM
This could well be the last straw

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Has he been released?
Has he asked to be released?
As far as we are concerned the answer is no.
This is a non story until anything changes.

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 09:14 AM
If this is true then i wonder if the management team are on the same kind of contracts ?, maybe that was why Malpas was seething when he left the training ground the other day, No Mercs for the boys now, it will be a couple of clapped out fiestas for the pair of them !.

lord bunberry
30-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Has he been released?

It's a story if he's been told he's free to find himself another club.

easty
30-05-2014, 09:19 AM

Nobody is suggesting he's free to find another club.

3pm
30-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Has he been released?

It's not a non-story.....ignore it if you want but non-story it's definitely not.

lord bunberry
30-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Nobody is suggesting he's free to find another club.

From what I read on here that's exactly what is beeing suggested, not just him but all the other youngsters as well.

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Has he been released?

He has not been released

He has not asked to be released.

He has been told he is free to go should he get another club fixed up.

My understanding is that there is a clause in the contract he has recently signed that states his wages would be halved if we were relegated. It may be that if that is invoked then he may be able to walk.

To me the easy way out is to keep him on full wage.

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 09:22 AM
'IF' being the operative word.

IWasThere2016
30-05-2014, 09:23 AM
He has not been released

My understanding is that there is a clause in the contract he has recently signed that states his wages would be halved if we were relegated. It may be that if that is invoked then he may be able to walk.

:agree: Which will be about £750 a week IMHO.

Swansea have regularly watched Sam - and I have stated before I don't expect him at ER next season.

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 09:23 AM
He has not been released

Agreed.

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 09:24 AM
It's not a non-story.....ignore it if you want but non-story it's definitely not.

It is unless anything changes.

Coco Bryce
30-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Sam's wages will back to what they were prior to signing his new contract.

If I was him I'd be away too :agree:

Bleeds green
30-05-2014, 09:27 AM
THE SUN FFS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busby7062
30-05-2014, 09:32 AM
You would hope then that the manager will have the same clause in his contract? If kept on of course.

get rid of TB is the B for brassneck and his hopeless sidekick that should free up money until we get a decent manager in only if RPdoes,nt pick him

Callum_62
30-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Is the clause 'take 50% cut, or find a new club?'

Im sure Hibs will try and negotiate if he is doesn't want to take a 50% cut

Unless Butcher doesn't rate him - when obviously he does

AlbertK86
30-05-2014, 09:35 AM
The board need to let the fans know what is happening

Their deathly silence is making the support even more angry and nervous

If Sam, Jordon, Alex or Jason want to leave then yep I would not stand in their way but we should be doing our best to hold onto them. Not cutting their wages

All speculation just now until we get some clear answers from the board

If they get rid they will not get anything better for less money. Total false economy.

If they get rid it will be the final straw for many supporters and between our board and management team they will have completely ripped our club apart, more so than ever before

We have gone from ripping the p*** out of hertz for being a laughing stock to becoming even more of a laughing stock than them

KING ROD your reign is over and should have been years ago ..... Just GTF now

3pm
30-05-2014, 09:35 AM
He has not been released

You'd imagine that the clause is 'good housekeeping' but it surely doesn't allow folk to walk for peanuts?!

This is an absolute mess.

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Thats the point, by a number of different sources, all players in the squad on full time contracts have been told they can leave if they find a club. We need the likes of Hanlon and Stanton for next season.

Incredibly naive by those running the club & team if they think they will be able to replace an entire squad. We need some players!

Also, the title of this thread is quite misleading, whether or not the story is even true.

JimBHibees
30-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Thats the bit I dont get, why would we sell for a modest fee when we dont need to. Seems odd.

Kaiserclem
30-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Our club, yes our club, is in tatters for a variety of reasons. This we all know and what has happened to get us in this state is disgraceful but we all have to be together and get us back to how we should be and where we should be. Let's be honest, we must average around 9000 attendance most weeks, we had a reasonably large playing squad last year and previous years (granted of poor quality) so there is no way we are paying players large wages. Stanton Harris and Forster are still to be proven. Stanton in particular looks a real talent but in reality he has still got it all to do. granted, playing that style of football in that team will have been working against him but hopefully he can progress and be the player he most certainly looks like being. Harris has been, 6 games at the end of 2012/13 season apart, dreadful. Confidence from the Malmo game before inury was low and his first touch, passing and crossing are usually poor. He has not won us a game, or created much, through him alone so tbh he is doing alright wages wise if that is the case. I am sure if he stays and proves himself he will have increased wages if we go up. If he stays I think he will get kicked up and down the park in the Championship and is too weak. Not what is required next season. I do however, hope I am wrong.

Forster started really well and has fallen away, again, possibly through playing in a poor side and not being helped along by quality experienced players. I mean, his captain was Liam Craig who has only really ever had 1 reasonable season with St Johnstone (binned by Falkirk). Still a lot to prove and their attitide hopefully will be talke the alleged wage cut and fight and prove themselves. If not cheerio. Harris will toil next season IMHO.

JimBHibees
30-05-2014, 09:46 AM
He has not been released

Why would Hibs agree to that bit, makes no sense at all.

keep the faith
30-05-2014, 09:49 AM
This could well be the last straw

It would be for me. Absolutely.

IWasThere2016
30-05-2014, 09:50 AM
You'd imagine that the clause is 'good housekeeping' but it surely doesn't allow folk to walk for peanuts?!

This is an absolute mess.

Good ol' RP! Genius at work! :faf:

leggeto
30-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I heard they were getting the wages halved aswell

Albanian Hibs
30-05-2014, 09:52 AM
It would be for me. Absolutely.

I am doing the ST payment plan so I have no choice about it. If I wasn't then it would be the final straw for me too.

easty
30-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Why would Hibs agree to that bit, makes no sense at all.

They wouldn't. It'd be a pointless clause, and I dont believe that is what will be in the contract. You wouldn't put a clause in that says "if we are relegated you can either take a 50% pay cut or just leave the club for free". It doesn't make sense.

I think it's more than likely the players aren't happy that they are having their wages cut, and have been told that's what's in your contract, you signed it, if you really don't like that then I suppose you can leave. More or less. No way they'd be leaving for free though.

Coco Bryce
30-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Put it this way..If Hibs can't afford to pay Sam the current deal he is on, you can forget ANY decent players signing for us next season :confused:

mmmmhibby
30-05-2014, 10:02 AM
F*** ME, what a state our club is in. Our club is ran more along the line of La Cosa Nostra, complete wall of silence, omerta as its called. We need to stick together, however its gonna be tough until we get action of some sort.

Niffy
30-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Put it this way..If Hibs can't afford to pay Sam the current deal he is on, you can forget ANY decent players signing for us next season :confused:

This is my BIG worry... if we have to start next season with a team of scraps , worse than the season from hell we've just had.
May as well just sell the land and forget it.

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Yes, totally agree. The only thing I would hope out of this if it's true is that ALL the players will be taking a pay cut, not just Stanton, Harris and Forster, but I'm now wondering if this news is related to the 'important announcement' that's supposed to be happening (is it today?). I would be totally against selling the youngsters as well, if there was any ray of light at all last season it was the likes of Stanton and Cummings, and they should be going nowhere other than helping to build the backbone of a new team. Some of the things that are happening at our club almost seem similar to clubs that are in administration rather than a club that's planning a strong assault on the Championship next season.

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Wonder if Hearts will "have" to sell any of their existing youngsters?

Nah. Profit over ****ing performance. Only ****ing Hibs eh. Sick of this ****.

matty_f
30-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I've made this point on the pm board already, but generally speaking, as much as I think Stanton, Forster etc all have potential, we need to have a team that's fit to get us to the top of the league this coming season, and back into the SPFL.

Whether Butcher does that with 11 new signings, or is able to keep some youth and bring in a few other players, I don't really care. But we need players that consistently put in performances better than the young players put in this season. As much as Stanton had some good games, he had many where he had virtually no influence on the game, including the play-off against Hamilton. If he's not influencing the game at that level, and we can replace him with someone that can, then I'm in favour of it.

I have long since been in favour of a clear out at the club, unfortunately that means some unpopular decisions and some players that we'd maybe otherwise have kept, being moved on.

Stanton is probably the one that is the exception, but if we take Forster - he is not a right back, he covered there and did as well as he could, but he's not a right back. So we either start the season by not replacing him and hope that he grows into the position, or we play him at centre half. He has shown that he's not ready to play as a first team centre half on a consistent basis, so our choices are that we either persevere and accept that we'll lose goals like we did in the last derby, or we replace him. If we're replacing him, we'll get a better player if we have more to spend on wages, which we'll have if we let him go.

Harris was like a man down after his injury this season. Lacking the confidence to beat a man, he wasn't finding Hibs players with passes, setting up goals, scoring goals, or providing defensive cover. In short, he contributed nothing. So, again, we have a choice - hope that he comes good in the lower league and not replace him, or bring in someone that can beat a man, pass, cross, and score and let Harris go.

For me, the choices are fairly straightforward if you take sentimentality out of the equation. It might not be the best decision long term, but to be honest, the club has planned long term for long enough whilst having players who weren't good enough on the park, and it's got us relegated.

Next season and potentially the season after in a worst case scenario is all about getting a team on the park to move us up a league. That's it.

It doesn't matter if that's done with boys from the youth team, or from unknowns brought in from far and wide to do a job. The end justifies the means if we get promoted.

tamig
30-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Our club, yes our club, is in tatters for a variety of reasons. This we all know and what has happened to get us in this state is disgraceful but we all have to be together and get us back to how we should be and where we should be. Let's be honest, we must average around 9000 attendance most weeks, we had a reasonably large playing squad last year and previous years (granted of poor quality) so there is no way we are paying players large wages. Stanton Harris and Forster are still to be proven. Stanton in particular looks a real talent but in reality he has still got it all to do. granted, playing that style of football in that team will have been working against him but hopefully he can progress and be the player he most certainly looks like being. Harris has been, 6 games at the end of 2012/13 season apart, dreadful. Confidence from the Malmo game before inury was low and his first touch, passing and crossing are usually poor. He has not won us a game, or created much, through him alone so tbh he is doing alright wages wise if that is the case. I am sure if he stays and proves himself he will have increased wages if we go up. If he stays I think he will get kicked up and down the park in the Championship and is too weak. Not what is required next season. I do however, hope I am wrong.

Forster started really well and has fallen away, again, possibly through playing in a poor side and not being helped along by quality experienced players. I mean, his captain was Liam Craig who has only really ever had 1 reasonable season with St Johnstone (binned by Falkirk). Still a lot to prove and their attitide hopefully will be talke the alleged wage cut and fight and prove themselves. If not cheerio. Harris will toil next season IMHO.

Tad unfair. Craig was a good player for St J over a number of seasons.

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 10:18 AM
If we sell we sell. I can honestly say I'm not fussed either way. Lad is a good player don't get me wrong but he's nothing like Scott Brown who I thought was a huge loss for Hibs. I'm sure we'll manage if he goes.

Football is football and players move on.

Gordy M
Wonder if Hearts will "have" to sell any of their existing youngsters?

Nah. Profit over ****ing performance. Only ****ing Hibs eh. Sick of this ****.

TBF i think the 50% pay cut will be pretty standard in all football contracts and is automatic. Remember Newcastle got caught with this when they were paying 70k in the championship and were heavily critisized. I think yams players will probably have a similar clause. I would imagine the point is that if any player is not happy with their 'new' contract then they can probably re-negotiate with the club or hand in a transfer request. The 50% cut will automatically kick in and in some cases it will be take it or leave it, but im sure some will have a chance to negotaite.

Scottie
This is my worry also.
Does not bode well if this is the case for next season. :hide:

TheOneWhoKnocks
30-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Stanton will receive a pay cut like the rest of the squad and will be told he can leave if he wishes to play at a higher level like other members of the squad, simple.

The Leith Dutch
30-05-2014, 10:27 AM
I heard they were getting the wages halved aswell

Anybody happen to know if Butcher and Malpas get their wages cut for relegation?

HFC 0-7
30-05-2014, 10:31 AM
I've made this point on the pm board already, but generally speaking, as much as I think Stanton, Forster etc all have potential, we need to have a team that's fit to get us to the top of the league this coming season, and back into the SPFL.

Whether Butcher does that with 11 new signings, or is able to keep some youth and bring in a few other players, I don't really care. But we need players that consistently put in performances better than the young players put in this season. As much as Stanton had some good games, he had many where he had virtually no influence on the game, including the play-off against Hamilton. If he's not influencing the game at that level, and we can replace him with someone that can, then I'm in favour of it.

I have long since been in favour of a clear out at the club, unfortunately that means some unpopular decisions and some players that we'd maybe otherwise have kept, being moved on.

Stanton is probably the one that is the exception, but if we take Forster - he is not a right back, he covered there and did as well as he could, but he's not a right back. So we either start the season by not replacing him and hope that he grows into the position, or we play him at centre half. He has shown that he's not ready to play as a first team centre half on a consistent basis, so our choices are that we either persevere and accept that we'll lose goals like we did in the last derby, or we replace him. If we're replacing him, we'll get a better player if we have more to spend on wages, which we'll have if we let him go.

Harris was like a man down after his injury this season. Lacking the confidence to beat a man, he wasn't finding Hibs players with passes, setting up goals, scoring goals, or providing defensive cover. In short, he contributed nothing. So, again, we have a choice - hope that he comes good in the lower league and not replace him, or bring in someone that can beat a man, pass, cross, and score and let Harris go.

For me, the choices are fairly straightforward if you take sentimentality out of the equation. It might not be the best decision long term, but to be honest, the club has planned long term for long enough whilst having players who weren't good enough on the park, and it's got us relegated.

Next season and potentially the season after in a worst case scenario is all about getting a team on the park to move us up a league. That's it.

It doesn't matter if that's done with boys from the youth team, or from unknowns brought in from far and wide to do a job. The end justifies the means if we get promoted.

Matty,

As I have said before this will turn out to be madness. If these rumours of the players having a clause in their contract to leave if they wish, then we need to wait on them making a decision before we start replacing. Hibs have always struggled to get players in quickly during the close season , and even then its just a few players. What we are proposing could happen here is that we need to replace almost and entire squad, with a good calibre of player. All this and we have to wait on the players saying yes or no to staying with Hibs.

How many times have we as fans moaned because the calibre of player coming in was rubbish, only for people to say we tried getting our 1st and 2nd choice in but it didnt happen. If all these players go, and we HAVE to replace them, what are the chances of ebing able to replace every outgoing player with someone better when the last few seasons has shown that its difficult.

If we lose all the youngsters and more, it will be panic stations to get a team together of any average quality, we will have zero saleable assetts and could be forced to replace an entire squad again the next season. Letting so many players go, on their own terms, ie, when they want is madness. There is far too many variables outwith Hibs control in this scenario.

A club in turmoil, other teams in scotland are lining up and signing players already, hibs on the otherhand releasing players. Honestly, you cant script this, its as if the club are actually trying to annoy the fans further.

3pm
30-05-2014, 10:35 AM
If we sell we sell. I can honestly say I'm not fussed either way. Lad is a good player don't get me wrong but he's nothing like Scott Brown who I thought was a huge loss for Hibs. I'm sure we'll manage if he goes.

Football is football and players move on.

Why bother with a youth set up then mate?! Why look into hooking up with Spartans?

Ozyhibby
30-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I wish he hadn't been so lazy on Sunday and help Scott Robertson out on the right.
Then we wouldn't have relegated and we wouldn't be talking about cutting his wages.
He is not a superstar in the making.

nribs
30-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I wish he hadn't been so lazy on Sunday and help Scott Robertson out on the right.
Then we wouldn't have relegated and we wouldn't be talking about cutting his wages.
He is not a superstar in the making.
Not sure we are after superstars at Easter Road. Sam Stanton has a real good chance of being a good footballer. Must be gutting for Stanton to know it's all his fault we were relegated!!

matty_f
30-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Matty,

As I have said before this will turn out to be madness. If these rumours of the players having a clause in their contract to leave if they wish, then we need to wait on them making a decision before we start replacing. Hibs have always struggled to get players in quickly during the close season , and even then its just a few players. What we are proposing could happen here is that we need to replace almost and entire squad, with a good calibre of player. All this and we have to wait on the players saying yes or no to staying with Hibs.

How many times have we as fans moaned because the calibre of player coming in was rubbish, only for people to say we tried getting our 1st and 2nd choice in but it didnt happen. If all these players go, and we HAVE to replace them, what are the chances of ebing able to replace every outgoing player with someone better when the last few seasons has shown that its difficult.

If we lose all the youngsters and more, it will be panic stations to get a team together of any average quality, we will have zero saleable assetts and could be forced to replace an entire squad again the next season. Letting so many players go, on their own terms, ie, when they want is madness. There is far too many variables outwith Hibs control in this scenario.

A club in turmoil, other teams in scotland are lining up and signing players already, hibs on the otherhand releasing players. Honestly, you cant script this, its as if the club are actually trying to annoy the fans further.

I'm sorry, but on that last season you've got Stanton who had a few great games and a lot of alright ones, and a few where he did nothing. Forster has had one excellent game v the Yams, a few good ones, and others where he's struggled but held his own.

Harris has been awful.

What's the point in giving them another season just because they're youth players, providing there's a plan to replace with better?

ads913
30-05-2014, 10:44 AM

This is exactly how i feel .The young guys have potential but need to be handled a lot better . I remember watching a young Scott Brown ,Riordan,Thomson all full of confidence dying to play for the jersey full of swagger and promise.They didn't play every game they were gently brought in and handled properly. I feel sorry for Harris and Stanton but in recent games midfield has been shocking not stringing any passes together panicking they looked very poor.In the playoffs Butcher should have had more experienced players and i still dont know what happened to the lad Watmore but I feel Mcpake ,Thomson even Taiwo should have been in the mix.

Scottie
30-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry, but on that last season you've got Stanton who had a few great games and a lot of alright ones, and a few where he did nothing. Forster has had one excellent game v the Yams, a few good ones, and others where he's struggled but held his own.

Harris has been awful.

What's the point in giving them another season just because they're youth players, providing there's a plan to replace with better?

:agree: Spot on

SMAXXA
30-05-2014, 10:46 AM
What would be interesting is that if any of the 50% cutters want to leave for that reason or like some over the road accept it and want to stay and prove theirselves on half their wages.

mentalhibee
30-05-2014, 10:49 AM

This is a massive worry. Petrie GTF

leggeto
30-05-2014, 10:50 AM
What would be interesting is that if any of the 50% cutters want to leave for that reason or like some over the road accept it and want to stay and prove theirselves on half their wages.

Not much loyalty when it comes to money,but even the u20s are getting the cut aswell and if they are only on around 300 quid a week than I'd be raging too,them across the city were on big bucks anyway even after the cuts

matty_f
30-05-2014, 10:50 AM

If they want to stay and prove themselves then fair play to them, I wouldn't be against that at all so long as they stepped up to the plate.

cabbage_88
30-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Stanton, forster and Harris - with a good pre season under their belts - would excel in the championship IMO. Not been playing well recently but there is definitely good players in them and I think they would do well next season. I'd be raging if they were to leave. Forster would not have done any worse than than those 2 clowns at centre half on Sunday, I'm sure of that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
30-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Harris has been awful.

If there's no point in giving them another season what was the point in giving them another contract? Stanton only signed his a few weeks ago were our esteemed manager presumably thought he was good enough to be playing for us in the top division.

SMAXXA
30-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Stanton, forster and Harris - with a good pre season under their belts - would excel in the championship IMO. Not been playing well recently but there is definitely good players in them and I think they would do well next season. I'd be raging if they were to leave. Forster would not have done any worse than than those 2 clowns at centre half on Sunday, I'm sure of that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I agree the championship would be ideal for these guys especially Harris who's nae confidence.

malagahibby
30-05-2014, 10:53 AM
My o my -the sun newspaper does know how to get to some fans.
Were maybe skint but not stupid.
Stanton might go but a 4 yr contracted talented youngster would probably cost in the region of 1m .
Let's see if rangers or any other club in Scotland can afford that.
Also hibs have a budget for wages and we will be able to afford players and wages .
For Christ sake -will people please calm down !

R11Loaded
30-05-2014, 10:56 AM
:agree: Which will be about £750 a week IMHO.

Swansea have regularly watched Sam - and I have stated before I don't expect him at ER next season.

Sam has a lot of talent in his feet but he never showed it much in that Hibs side they watched. Wouldn't expect any club to pay for him tbh.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Billychaotic182
30-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Deleted his twitter....... Don't know if that means anything g

lucky
30-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I have no problem with any of them getting their wages cut. They signed the contracts and knew if we went down then their wages went down.

But I'm concerned that everything appears to be getting cut but season ticket prices

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Is Petrie making these decisions? (Re wages cut and free to find a new club)

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Why bother with a youth set up then mate?! Why look into hooking up with Spartans?

Don't get me wrong I want us to produce the best we can through youth. I'm just saying I'm not overly fussed either way. I want a team that can win or at least compete for the championship and as much as he's done alright he's not been anywhere near great. Showed flashes but not consistant enough.

This isn't a dig at him btw he's a good lad. Just my opinion on what I've seen this season.

eggbamyasi
30-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Surely not !! Im thinking the sun read that on here . Smaxxa posted some stuff and it looks like to me the sun filled in the blanks and made a story of it . And people remember its possibly the ****test paper known to man .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

matty_f
30-05-2014, 11:05 AM
If there's no point in giving them another season what was the point in giving them another contract? Stanton only signed his a few weeks ago were our esteemed manager presumably thought he was good enough to be playing for us in the top division.

The situation was different then, IMHO. Had we stayed up we'd a) have more money, and b) have the luxury of being able to to be more selective of how we bring the players into the team.

As it stands, we need a performance from 11 players every week to get us out of the division. It's not an environment for passengers. In the SPFL we probably have the means to support that potential, as we'll be able to do with the next youth players that are coming through when we're back in the division.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing players coming through the ranks and the club needs - long term- to have a healthy academy producing players for the first team who eventually move on for money.

Short term, there is no other priority than getting out of the Championship and back into the SPFL. We don't have the scope to have a youth player having 1 great game surrounded by 3 pish ones.

boab1875
30-05-2014, 11:06 AM
another stroke of genius from Petrie and the idiots running the club. just get rid of our promising youngsters, good plan for next season. and some people on here still want to renew season tickets and line Petrie's pockets, unreal.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:06 AM
It's true.

Sadly.

Makaveli
30-05-2014, 11:08 AM
He's a good player now IMO, could become great with proper coaching and a team playing to his strengths.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:10 AM

Poor Season Ticket sales.

HFC 0-7
30-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Harris has been awful.

Your missing a couple of key things here, youth players should be introduced slowly not chucked in and carry the team, which is what was happening according to terry butcher. I am all in favour of replacing players with better but it's such a risk to punt them with no guarantee of replacing them with better. Given the difficulties hibs have had in getting players in quickly, why do you think that we can suddenly doit when we are in a lower league, less money and fans fighting with hierarchy.

We we had posters on here slating the people moaning about the lack of new signings, saying that were trying but they didn't want to come.

also,is it just limited to these 3 players? I was under the impression it effects more players?

Having a a plan to replace players is one thing, actually doing it is another. We all now how hibs plans a out, especially the 5 year kind. This is a very big risk IMO, and one that shouldn't be taken.

lord bunberry
another stroke of genius from Petrie and the idiots running the club. just get rid of our promising youngsters, good plan for next season. and some people on here still want to renew season tickets and line Petrie's pockets, unreal.

Buying a season ticket never has and never will be lining petries pockets.

Expecting Rain

Matty, i enjoy reading most of your posts but this one baffles me, youngsters will always blow hot and cold but that is no reason to be dismissive. We are not playing in La Liga next season, surely it would be easier for those guys and anyone coming in from the under 20s to learn their trade in the championship. I`m not confident that we are going to avoid more dross experienced players, they seem to be the only ones who want to come here. I`d rather have Sam Stanton in my team than big headed Kevin Thomson whose contribution was 2 good passes a game and that is being kind. I`d rather have Forster than Maybury who should have retired 3 seasons ago and also Harris than the likes of some of the wingers we`ve had over the past few years. Youngsters have to learn somewhere.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:13 AM

It seems to be a new thing that has been added to contracts at Hibs in the last few years.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Is this a Petrie story released by the club to make us buy season tickets, on the back of yesterday's statement. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

More likely a players agent.

HFC 0-7
30-05-2014, 11:17 AM
The situation was different then, IMHO. Had we stayed up we'd a) have more money, and b) have the luxury of being able to to be more selective of how we bring the players into the team.

As it stands, we need a performance from 11 players every week to get us out of the division. It's not an environment for passengers. In the SPFL we probably have the means to support that potential, as we'll be able to do with the next youth players that are coming through when we're back in the division.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing players coming through the ranks and the club needs - long term- to have a healthy academy producing players for the first team who eventually move on for money.

Short term, there is no other priority than getting out of the Championship and back into the SPFL. We don't have the scope to have a youth player having 1 great game surrounded by 3 pish ones.

matty, offering a 4 year contract isn't because we can be more selective, it's because we rate the player. You mention it's not an environment for passengers, so you really think butcher, in one window can sign 15 players that will play well every game? I don't........ See Haynes, watmore and boateng. Yes, January window and there isn't a lot available, but it shows what happens with panic buys. Having to replace so any players will result in one thing, panic buys.

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Matty, i enjoy reading most of your posts but this one baffles me, youngsters will always blow hot and cold but that is no reason to be dismissive. We are not playing in La Liga next season, surely it would be easier for those guys and anyone coming in from the under 20s to learn their trade in the championship. I`m not confident that we are going to avoid more dross experienced players, they seem to be the only ones who want to come here. I`d rather have Sam Stanton in my team than big headed Kevin Thomson whose contribution was 2 good passes a game and that is being kind. I`d rather have Forster than Maybury who should have retired 3 seasons ago and also Harris than the likes of some of the wingers we`ve had over the past few years. Youngsters have to learn somewhere.

Maybury never lost us as many goals as Forster did and he was arguably our best player last Sunday, as for Harris his confidence is shattered and should never have been near the team, last week he learned that there is no easy games in the championship.

Unseen work
30-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Stanton is under contract till 2018

It's in hibs control completely what happens, IMO we should keep him and only sell for a big amount

CB_NO3
30-05-2014, 11:22 AM
There is something in the back of my head telling me this is a good time to give up on football and Hibs. Thank god am going away for 3 months at the end of the year. I actually hate Petrie that much that if I seen his smug face I would probably end up in jail and this is nout to even do with this potential Stanton story.

He has no care about the fans one little bit. He does not even like football. We should be a minimum top 4 club in the Premiership. Now we may struggle to be a top 4 team in the Championship. If this was me performing like this in my job I woukd have been sacked years ago.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:25 AM

Training facilities.

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 11:30 AM
My o my -the sun newspaper does know how to get to some fans.
Were maybe skint but not stupid.
Stanton might go but a 4 yr contracted talented youngster would probably cost in the region of 1m .
Let's see if rangers or any other club in Scotland can afford that.
Also hibs have a budget for wages and we will be able to afford players and wages .
For Christ sake -will people please calm down !

mentalhibee
30-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Matty,

Good post mate, seems like madness!!!

Brightside
30-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Sam Stanton is a cracking young player who we must keep as part of the re-build. If he has struggled in games its due to being next to complete and utter piyesh players. Hanlon, Forster, Harris, Stanton, Cummings. Are all must keep. Every single other player in the first team squad should be let go imo.

matty_f
30-05-2014, 11:36 AM

I'd rather have Stanton than Thomson, and in an ideal world we'd not be in this position to be discussing it. However, right now I'd rather have someone better than both, either fit enough to play more than Thomson and capable enough to perform at a more consistent level than Stanton.

Butcher has demonstrated very well that he can put together a team to get out the Championship, he did it with ICT on a far, far smaller budget than even his scaled-down budget will be at Hibs.

And I get that youngsters have to learn somewhere, absolutely they do, but being totally blunt about it, I don't really want to have the results impacted by someone learning their trade while we're trying to get promoted. It's maybe just because I'm scunnered with that whole side that took us down and on a bit of a downer with Hibs in general, but that's how I feel.

If my house had fallen down, and I had the choice of an experienced joiner or an up and coming apprentice to re-build it, and I needed it re-built well and quickly, then I'm going with the experienced joiner every time.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Training facilities.

And selling some of East Mains :cb

GreenPJ
30-05-2014, 11:41 AM
It seems to be a new thing that has been added to contracts at Hibs in the last few years.

I would have thought that it was a very common clause in any club's contracts - its just we/they never expected it to kick in.

HFC 0-7
30-05-2014, 11:42 AM
I'd rather have Stanton than Thomson, and in an ideal world we'd not be in this position to be discussing it. However, right now I'd rather have someone better than both, either fit enough to play more than Thomson and capable enough to perform at a more consistent level than Stanton.

Butcher has demonstrated very well that he can put together a team to get out the Championship, he did it with ICT on a far, far smaller budget than even his scaled-down budget will be at Hibs.

And I get that youngsters have to learn somewhere, absolutely they do, but being totally blunt about it, I don't really want to have the results impacted by someone learning their trade while we're trying to get promoted. It's maybe just because I'm scunnered with that whole side that took us down and on a bit of a downer with Hibs in general, but that's how I feel.

If my house had fallen down, and I had the choice of an experienced joiner or an up and coming apprentice to re-build it, and I needed it re-built well and quickly, then I'm going with the experienced joiner every time.

the last comparison doesn't really relate though, the youngster has bags of potential and could make your house much much better. The experienced joiner may ask for too much dosh, not fancy the job at had and could very well be passed it.

i just don't get the clamour to bin so many players, some with potential in favour of trying to replace them in a short period of time when hibs have found it so difficult to get players in, in the past. Also, we are still putting our trust in Petrie here, on the one hand you want him out and the other hand your happy with his strategy.

matty_f
30-05-2014, 11:44 AM
matty, offering a 4 year contract isn't because we can be more selective, it's because we rate the player. You mention it's not an environment for passengers, so you really think butcher, in one window can sign 15 players that will play well every game? I don't........ See Haynes, watmore and boateng. Yes, January window and there isn't a lot available, but it shows what happens with panic buys. Having to replace so any players will result in one thing, panic buys.

Offering him a 4 year contract is because we rate him, can see the potential, and there's an element of protecting the investment. It's not a guarantee that we'll keep him for 4 years or that he'll make it.

Do you think Butcher would be clearing the decks without a good idea of who he can bring in? I don't think he'll get 15 players that will play well every game, even Man City can't do that, but he can get more consistency than we got from those players (and others like Cummings and Handling). Cummings looks like he'll be a right good talent, but he scored 2 goals last season. 2. And they came in one game.

Let's stick with him, and we get to January and he still looks like he's going to come good, but he's scored 3 goals, maybe 4. That's a very real possibility, so what do you do? You try to get a striker that scores more than that and gives you a chance of going up. If we'd stayed in the SPFL we'd have signed someone else and let Cummings come through in a better environment. We don't have the money to do that now, I'm guessing that Cummings wage (just using him as an example) will help us bring in someone who will give us a better return.

That might be harsh, but that's life. Absolutely, in an ideal world the'y'd all get their chance - we might yet be able to give them that chance and if they take it then fantastic - there won't be anyone more pleased and proud of them than me. But if we are banking on them to bring us back up and they give us a return like they did this season, we are f***ed.

You can't (IMHO) use the January window past to highlight signings, by the way - it's completely different and an unfair comparison IMHO.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 11:47 AM
The players have brought this on themselves, with the added ingredient of bad man management.

Once they crossed the white line, they were culpable - each and every one of them. Not Butcher, not Malpas, not Rod - each player that started in an 11, or came on as sub, never had what it took to win a game, a vital 3 points, which would have seen us safe.

There is no point whatsoever a player moaning about the predicament, moaning about a wage drop, or moaning - they collectively as a team proved they were not good enough.

We all have our opinions of the Board and the management, and I don't want to see Harris and the other lads leave for sweetie money - but if they do then sadly it's because they were part of a terrible team. Yes they may and will prosper elsewhere, but if you work hard enough the results come - none of them (old and young) worked hard enough on their game in my opinion - and they got what they deserve and that is relegation.

Hibs are a blank canvas - that is what I like about this whole sorry mess - from a blank canvas you can make a beautiful picture. So if Rod goes, then I'm all in for being part of that. If he stays, the picture will end up the usual mess.

The change of vision, change of direction and change of outlook is literally in Rod's hands - he goes, clouds lift, we all buy in.

matty_f
30-05-2014, 11:48 AM
the last comparison doesn't really relate though, the youngster has bags of potential and could make your house much much better. The experienced joiner may ask for too much dosh, not fancy the job at had and could very well be passed it.

i just don't get the clamour to bin so many players, some with potential in favour of trying to replace them in a short period of time when hibs have found it so difficult to get players in, in the past. Also, we are still putting our trust in Petrie here, on the one hand you want him out and the other hand your happy with his strategy.

Of course it relates, yep I might get a better house with the youngster, equally he might miss something important and I end up having to rebuild again in the winter. Do I want to take that chance? No thanks, I'll stick with the guy who's built houses all his career and knows what he's doing thanks very much.

We are not putting the trust in Petrie, he's having f*** all to do with it, despite everyone stamping their feet and shouting about not trusting him as far as they can throw him (I don't either!) but we've got someone coming in to do exactly that job of getting the signings in for the manager, someone that got McManus in ahead of us last season. She's got a track record of getting signings in.

SteveHFC
30-05-2014, 11:52 AM
This will be absolutely disgusting if Stanton goes.

Poor Season Ticket sales.

And Petrie still wants us to pay £405 to watch us in the Championship next season while giving away our best youngsters? :faf:

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 11:53 AM
What's happening btw regarding season tickets? Are they bringing the prices down yeah? Or they still debating this? I'm sure there are many on here that want money back as well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 11:53 AM
So basically, those who do not find a new club, we are stuck with next season?

SteveHFC
30-05-2014, 11:54 AM
What's happening btw regarding season tickets? Are they bringing the prices down yeah? Or they still debating this? I'm sure there are many on here that want money back as well.

Wondering the same mate. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't put the prices down :rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Clear your PM's buddy :aok:

SteveHFC
30-05-2014, 12:00 PM

Can i have a PM mate? :aok:

The_Horde
30-05-2014, 12:04 PM

Same please! :greengrin

MontrealHibs
30-05-2014, 12:04 PM
With the greatest of respect, as everybody is entitled to an opinion. How can we be surprised that the fans are boycotting the club, starving it of cash as they say, and that the club is having to significantly cut costs?

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 12:05 PM
The players have brought this on themselves, with the added ingredient of bad man management.

Once they crossed the white line, they were culpable - each and every one of them. Not Butcher, not Malpas, not Rod - each player that started in an 11, or came on as sub, never had what it took to win a game, a vital 3 points, which would have seen us safe.

There is no point whatsoever a player moaning about the predicament, moaning about a wage drop, or moaning - they collectively as a team proved they were not good enough.

We all have our opinions of the Board and the management, and I don't want to see Harris and the other lads leave for sweetie money - but if they do then sadly it's because they were part of a terrible team. Yes they may and will prosper elsewhere, but if you work hard enough the results come - none of them (old and young) worked hard enough on their game in my opinion - and they got what they deserve and that is relegation.

Hibs are a blank canvas - that is what I like about this whole sorry mess - from a blank canvas you can make a beautiful picture. So if Rod goes, then I'm all in for being part of that. If he stays, the picture will end up the usual mess.

The change of vision, change of direction and change of outlook is literally in Rod's hands - he goes, clouds lift, we all buy in.

Excellent post, agree with it totally.

ehf
30-05-2014, 12:10 PM

:top marks

Agree with every word of that. There are literally tens of thousands of young lads who would give everything to be a professional footballer, to have played in those crucial games and who would have done better.

Keith_M
30-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Me too, if you have any info regarding ST prices......

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 12:14 PM

Not regarding ST prices guys, it's in regards to the protest, that's all.

steviehibsleith
30-05-2014, 12:15 PM
I have stated my thoughts that 95% of this squad should be taking a huge pay cut for the reasons that they are massively overpaid and have failed against 2 championship sides this season and got us relagated so tough on them. This was under the impression of many of the first team players being paid £1000 up to £3000 pw. The paper today states Sam Stanton who recently signed for £800 a week will also be asked for a 50% reduction ! Sam will be a starting midfielder for us next season so £800 if correct is a reasonable figure IMO, it was the high earning dross i was angry at.
Hope in Sams case we are not forcing him to leave .

matty_f
30-05-2014, 12:15 PM

'kin booooooooooooooooooooooooo! Bob Marleys Dug Out!!:greengrin

Expecting Rain
30-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Maybury never lost us as many goals as Forster did and he was arguably our best player last Sunday, as for Harris his confidence is shattered and should never have been near the team, last week he learned that there is no easy games in the championship.

Sorry but the collective contribution of the experienced players was to leave us in a disgusting mess.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 12:19 PM
'kin booooooooooooooooooooooooo! Bob Marleys Dug Out!!:greengrin

:greengrin :greengrin

TornadoHibby
30-05-2014, 12:21 PM

And me along with information on the future employment prospects of Mr Butcher and the continuing Board involvement of Mr Petrie! :wink:

SteveHFC
30-05-2014, 12:22 PM

:grr::greengrin

Greenworld
30-05-2014, 12:23 PM

I could not quite believe this but have checked it out and its
True all have been told to look ....Butcher has truly lost the plot
This really is mind boggling ...

Hibiza
30-05-2014, 12:24 PM
has Butcher , Malpas etc , taken a pay cut ?

3pm
30-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Don't get me wrong I want us to produce the best we can through youth. I'm just saying I'm not overly fussed either way. I want a team that can win or at least compete for the championship and as much as he's done alright he's not been anywhere near great. Showed flashes but not consistant enough.

This isn't a dig at him btw he's a good lad. Just my opinion on what I've seen this season.

I know you ain't digging at him mate, I just think why bother with it if we let them walk for free? If we are going to do that, surely just as well to scrap the whole thing full stop?

Hibs.net made a donation to youth development 10 weeks ago!!

silverhibee
30-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I know you ain't digging at him mate, I just think why bother with it if we let them walk for free? If we are going to do that, surely just as well to scrap the whole thing full stop?

Hibs.net made a donation to youth development 10 weeks ago!!

Yep, and it was no bag of sweeties either.

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Of course it relates, yep I might get a better house with the youngster, equally he might miss something important and I end up having to rebuild again in the winter. Do I want to take that chance? No thanks, I'll stick with the guy who's built houses all his career and knows what he's doing thanks very much.

We are not putting the trust in Petrie, he's having f*** all to do with it, despite everyone stamping their feet and shouting about not trusting him as far as they can throw him (I don't either!) but we've got someone coming in to do exactly that job of getting the signings in for the manager, someone that got McManus in ahead of us last season. She's got a track record of getting signings in.You believe what you like, disnae take much for him tae pull the wool over some folks eyes despite every from the past suggesting otherwise. If he's there he'll be sticking his oar in and while he is, not a penny from me.

Brightside
30-05-2014, 12:54 PM

who confirmed that?

SMAXXA
30-05-2014, 12:56 PM
who confirmed that?

Its true mate I wouldn't post it if it wasn't.

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 12:57 PM
And Petrie still wants us to pay £405 to watch us in the Championship next season while giving away our best youngsters? :faf:

My time as a student may well be coming to an end next season and as such I will have to pay full adult prices.

I really can't see how the board can justify me paying £405 to watch my team play in the second tier of Scottish football next season, with little financial support for getting the team out of that division promised. I wouldn't hold it against anyone who simply decided they weren't going to pay.

Greenworld
30-05-2014, 12:57 PM
A player mate we will need 20 signings at this rate

matty_f
30-05-2014, 01:04 PM
You believe what you like, disnae take much for him tae pull the wool over some folks eyes despite every from the past suggesting otherwise. If he's there he'll be sticking his oar in and while he is, not a penny from me.

In what way do you think Petrie will be doing the signings when Dempster is there to do that? Not being smart, just wondering how you see that working?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Is it Petrie or TB that is telling the youngsters to find new clubs? I though TB liked Sam etc...?

Saorsa
30-05-2014, 01:18 PM
In what way do you think Petrie will be doing the signings when Dempster is there to do that? Not being smart, just wondering how you see that working?He'll be there and he'll have the final say on anything that happens as long as he is there just like he always has, that's also how it worked when he apparently stepped back the last time when he appointed high fiveland and lindsay. If he's there he'll be interfering in everything just like he always has, everything from the past points tae that, which is why many dinnae believe or trust a word he says now. Everything he has ever said or done has been designed tae try and pull the wool over folks eyes and keep them parting with their dosh. He treats the supporters of this club with utter contempt. He's soiled goods and needs tae go for the sake of this club, his remaining will dae ever mair damage. You believe what you like about who'll be running the show, many, many others believe otherwise and with very good reason. While he remains, I'm out, not another penny from me as long as he is here. I'll support the team away from ER.

Brightside
30-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Its true mate I wouldn't post it if it wasn't.

So who have been told they can go if they want? I know at least 2 players who havent.

Greenworld
30-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Tb told them

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 02:02 PM
So who have been told they can go if they want? I know at least 2 players who havent.

name them?

Hibs7
30-05-2014, 02:04 PM

This and the board should be coming out and telling us this . A complete and utter shambles and they can't see it !!

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 02:08 PM
name them?

I spoke with someone who is friendly with Andy Black scoops and he thought Andy was staying under contract (IIRC he still has another year ??). He was unsure about others.

HFC 0-7
30-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Offering him a 4 year contract is because we rate him, can see the potential, and there's an element of protecting the investment. It's not a guarantee that we'll keep him for 4 years or that he'll make it.

Do you think Butcher would be clearing the decks without a good idea of who he can bring in? I don't think he'll get 15 players that will play well every game, even Man City can't do that, but he can get more consistency than we got from those players (and others like Cummings and Handling). Cummings looks like he'll be a right good talent, but he scored 2 goals last season. 2. And they came in one game.

Let's stick with him, and we get to January and he still looks like he's going to come good, but he's scored 3 goals, maybe 4. That's a very real possibility, so what do you do? You try to get a striker that scores more than that and gives you a chance of going up. If we'd stayed in the SPFL we'd have signed someone else and let Cummings come through in a better environment. We don't have the money to do that now, I'm guessing that Cummings wage (just using him as an example) will help us bring in someone who will give us a better return.

That might be harsh, but that's life. Absolutely, in an ideal world the'y'd all get their chance - we might yet be able to give them that chance and if they take it then fantastic - there won't be anyone more pleased and proud of them than me. But if we are banking on them to bring us back up and they give us a return like they did this season, we are f***ed.

You can't (IMHO) use the January window past to highlight signings, by the way - it's completely different and an unfair comparison IMHO.

i am not banking on any of these guys to bring us back up, but I wouldn't just bin the best of them, or any with potential! It's the scale of all of this that's the concern. If all of these players choose to leave we have to replace them all, in a short period of time in a window that we never do business in early. And these players being told they can leave, when do they need to make a decision? The longer they take the less time we have to get replacement. The reason i Drew a comparison to the January window is it's a prime example of panic buys. IMO, with the volume of players to replace, in a short spac of time, with a limited budget, a club who's fans want Petrie out, a strong section wanting the manager out, how many first choice signings are going to think hibs are the right club to sign with? If these players leave before replacements are in, and we don't get first choice signings, then panic stations and the team will be once again flooded with bad players.

Remember, from what we have heard, this isn't the club putting players up for sale, this is players being told they can leave. At that point it's out of our hands and in the players and agents hands, the club doesn't know how many will go, how many will stay. They don't know which positions to fill, they don't know what types of players to get until the players make up their minds.

Sammy7nil
30-05-2014, 02:30 PM
i am not banking on any of these guys to bring us back up, but I wouldn't just bin the best of them, or any with potential! It's the scale of all of this that's the concern. If all of these players choose to leave we have to replace them all, in a short period of time in a window that we never do business in early. And these players being told they can leave, when do they need to make a decision? The longer they take the less time we have to get replacement. The reason i Drew a comparison to the January window is it's a prime example of panic buys. IMO, with the volume of players to replace, in a short spac of time, with a limited budget, a club who's fans want Petrie out, a strong section wanting the manager out, how many first choice signings are going to think hibs are the right club to sign with? If these players leave before replacements are in, and we don't get first choice signings, then panic stations and the team will be once again flooded with bad players.

Remember, from what we have heard, this isn't the club putting players up for sale, this is players being told they can leave. At that point it's out of our hands and in the players and agents hands, the club doesn't know how many will go, how many will stay. They don't know which positions to fill, they don't know what types of players to get until the players make up their minds.

That is the real worry !

I cant believe Hanlon has been told he can go surely you have to kep 3 or 4 players you can trust?

Bronson
30-05-2014, 02:31 PM
If Sam goes how many supporters go with him? The club is in pieces, how it got to this stage I will never know.

borstalboy
30-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Well I've heard that the younger guys (i.e. Stanton, Forster etc) have been told that if they wish to leave then they can otherwise they'll have to take a wage cut. The way it was put to them was that they are wanted by the club and that the faith the club has shown in them throughout their development, they'd hope it would be reciprocated.

The source is a current players brother.

HibeeMassive
30-05-2014, 02:40 PM

All have been told to look, IF they want to leave.

:aok:

woodyloon
30-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Players having to take a 50% wage cut isn't the end of world, in fact you wou would hope they might earn more than last season with some win bonuses.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Well I've heard that the younger guys (i.e. Stanton, Forster etc) have been told that if they wish to leave then they can otherwise they'll have to take a wage cut. The way it was put to them was that they are wanted by the club and that the faith the club has shown in them throughout their development, they'd hope it would be reciprocated.

Or it could also be put to them that if you want to really succeed in football you ride with the good and the bad and you get your head down, work hard when you return from holiday, worry more about football that lucrative deals and Twitter and do your very best for yourself and the team. The wages and deal will come with hard work and good results :aok:

These lads are still wet behind the ears and have only just begun their football careers - Scougall, McNulty, Robertson (Dundee Utd), Gary Mackay Stevens, etc have all shown that lower league football can be a catalyst for bigger things and ultimately bigger pay days.

Work and dedication - that's what appears to be missing and that is what is required to make it.

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2014, 02:44 PM

That is surely a contractual issue though? In the event a club finds itself relegated, players should have relegation clauses in their contract.

It shouldnt be a case of us trying to get players to return any favours, they should be tied down to the club for however long they signed the deal unless someone meets a suitable asking price (not a minimal fee as seems to have been suggested).

Greenworld
30-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Would you in your job if you had a mortgage etc im not saying its right or wrong but money talks

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 02:51 PM
What a depressing thread

Stanton: The promise is there for all to see, yes he is inconsistent .. but FFS its his first season.

Cummings: This lad looks like a player .. also his first season and lets face it how are you supposed to score with no service?

Harris: All that he needs is his confidence back ... he has proved he can do it once, he can do it again.

Forster: OK have to admit I'm not so sure about him, he hasn't improved to the extent I thought he would.

These 4 lads have been asked to be mainstays in a team they should have been getting eased into.

If its true that we are happy to let them go the wages it will free up will be meagre ..... If this is also an indication of the sort of wage Hibs are prepared to pay ..... eg £400 - £700 per week we can look forward to a long stay in the Championship.

As for TB ........ He may have got ICT up at the first time of asking ....... I'm willing to suggest this is a tougher test.

The message I'm getting from all this is that the board are so sure we wont make it back next season they are not even going to try.

borstalboy
30-05-2014, 02:53 PM
That is surely a contractual issue though? In the event a club finds itself relegated, players should have relegation clauses in their contract.

It shouldnt be a case of us trying to get players to return any favours, they should be tied down to the club for however long they signed the deal unless someone meets a suitable asking price (not a minimal fee as seems to have been suggested).

I agree, it is a contractual issue, however no one really knows how these contracts look and what clauses are in them. I can only go by what I've been told.

I get your 2nd point, but I think it's that whole issue of telling someone to do something or forcing them to compared with the approach of advising them that they're wanted by the club and we hope they'd feel that they can mature and develop in to a decent player here. We all know that money talks in football, there's hardly any loyalty shown anywhere now a days and thus, I imagine the players have a little more power these days than they should.

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Would you in your job if you had a mortgage etc im not saying its right or wrong but money talks

In the real world most people would find themselves sacked if they didnt perform, not on reduced wages (which is standard in football for relegation).

I agree, it is a contractual issue, however no one really knows how these contracts look and what clauses are in them. I can only go by what I've been told.

I get your 2nd point, but I think it's that whole issue of telling someone to do something or forcing them to compared with the approach of advising them that they're wanted by the club and we hope they'd feel that they can mature and develop in to a decent player here. We all know that money talks in football, there's hardly any loyalty shown anywhere now a days and thus, I imagine the players have a little more power these days than they should.

My point wasnt criticizing your information, from the stories out there it is probably true. RE the second bit of your post, it isnt really forcing them to do anything - they signed the contract (some of them when we were struggling), so they should be aware of the consequences. Why tell Stanton, who has just signed a 4 year deal, he can leave if he finds another club? I find that a very strange approach to the situation.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 03:11 PM
What a depressing thread

Stanton: The promise is there for all to see, yes he is inconsistent .. but FFS its his first season.

Cummings: This lad looks like a player .. also his first season and lets face it how are you supposed to score with no service?

Harris: All that he needs is his confidence back ... he has proved he can do it once, he can do it again.

Forster: OK have to admit I'm not so sure about him, he hasn't improved to the extent I thought he would.

These 4 lads have been asked to be mainstays in a team they should have been getting eased into.

If its true that we are happy to let them go the wages it will free up will be meagre ..... If this is also an indication of the sort of wage Hibs are prepared to pay ..... eg £400 - £700 per week we can look forward to a long stay in the Championship.

As for TB ........ He may have got ICT up at the first time of asking ....... I'm willing to suggest this is a tougher test.

The message I'm getting from all this is that the board are so sure we wont make it back next season they are not even going to try.

How much was Derek getting when he made his debut and rattled in goals for two years ? I'd wager (no pun) the figures you've quoted - big difference was the laddie wanted to go out and score goals. I'm sure the money at that time was a pleasant bonus. He had hunger and passion.

monktonharp
30-05-2014, 03:12 PM

That is the real worry !

I cant believe Hanlon has been told he can go surely you have to kep 3 or 4 players you can trust? at first, I thought the OP, was causing concern.Now I find it Alarming!

hibeesjoe
30-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Probably the most expensive season ticket in the championship and one of the most expensive in the premiership and they are going to let our best youngsters leave for a pittance and probably replace them with cheap journeymen crap. I'm at the point where I wish I didn't bother renewing now.

TheOneWhoKnocks
30-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Is it Petrie or TB that is telling the youngsters to find new clubs? I though TB liked Sam etc...?

Give Sam a call, he not your mate? :hilarious

Unseen work
30-05-2014, 03:17 PM
If butcher has said to every player use are free to look for a new club if you want to leave

Iv no problem with that, let's get guys here that WANT to be here. There's no way he is trying to get rid of Stanton Cummings etc. Telling them they can leave if they want or your not in my plans you should leave are 2 completely different things

Alfred E Newman
30-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I have my doubts about this story but the bottom line is , would Stanton, Cummings or Harris get a place in another Premier team? We only think they are good prospects because of the dross in club at the moment.

Paloschi
30-05-2014, 03:22 PM
If this is indeed true then Butcher can go **** himself.

I was actually willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year but he does not have a scooby what he is doing.

He has actually ruined the only good work Fenlon done and that was with bringing Forster, Harris and Caldwell into the team. Stanton and Cummings would have got there eventually too but Butcher has played Stanton that deep he has become ineffective.

What a clueless phud! Malpas too!

Hibs are an absolute joke right now. How are Petrie and Butcher calling the shots when their positions are so under question?

Hibernian FC are a shambles.

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 03:27 PM

If we stayed up he would have been good enough for the SPL on full wages but now we are in a lower division he is not good enough at half wages? What was he going to do in the SPL then? Help us stay up? Push for the top 6?

Long term it is healthy to bring through the young ones? But tell them to **** off after signing a 4 year contract when the going is tough. Yes, I am sure that will be a great incentive in the Hibs 'academy'.

Some might argue about having only 1 great game surround by 3 pish ones but if that were accurate it is one great game more than just about every other first team player last season.

I tihnk it must be remembered that with regards to the young players they were brought into a team already in the doldrums, manager changes, team selection changing weekly and into a team with zero confidence and a support ready to pounce on any mistake. Not blaming the fans but I think we will all admit that it was not the best time to be intoduced into this Hibs team.

Keep the young lads. (Probably only on a few hundred quid a week). Get rid of the 'seasoned' pros who were complete garbage....oh and RP take a long unpaid vacation!

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 03:28 PM
If butcher has said to every player use are free to look for a new club if you want to leave

Iv no problem with that, let's get guys here that WANT to be here. There's no way he is trying to get rid of Stanton Cummings etc. Telling them they can leave if they want or your not in my plans you should leave are 2 completely different things

Like Thomson?

Thecat23
30-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Jason Cummings told he's defo wanted and won't be sold I've just been told.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 03:30 PM

What's it to you like? Bore off eh :bye:

Unseen work
30-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Like Thomson?

Again that's different, terry never wanted him despite tjomson wanting to be here. Wether he doesn't rate him, doesn't suit the style or doesn't like his influence I don't know.

I want players to play the way terry wants them to too get his style working like at ict. To do this you need players 100% committed to him and his philosophy

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Again that's different, terry never wanted him despite tjomson wanting to be here. Wether he doesn't rate him, doesn't suit the style or doesn't like his influence I don't know.

I want players to play the way terry wants them to too get his style working like at ict. To do this you need players 100% committed to him and his philosophy

But that pretty much means that most of the squad including ALL our goalkeeper were not committed to him and his phiolosophy....assuming he has one. Bottom line for me is he could not manage the players. They were progressively worse with each passing week.

Not sure who is left but if our defence next year starts with the same 'backbone' (irony intended) then we are in more trouble. Strange that some of our worst players seem to be buying in to his philosophy and staying put.

My first post on Hibs.net when TB was appointed was that I was underwhelmed. Of course I still wanted him to succeed but I think he has been in over his head.

Del Boy
30-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Be very disappointed if Stanton is allowed to leave.

With Forster, Harris and Cummings while I'd probably prefer them to stay I can't honestly say I'd be too gutted if they're away. They've shown a bit of promise but nothing special - only my opinion and I hope all 3 prove me wrong and go on to have successful careers at Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2014, 03:57 PM
How much was Derek getting when he made his debut and rattled in goals for two years ? I'd wager (no pun) the figures you've quoted - big difference was the laddie wanted to go out and score goals. I'm sure the money at that time was a pleasant bonus. He had hunger and passion.

I get what you are saying about young players TH. I am more concerned about how we are going to attract the bit of quality we are going to need to the club if we are offering less than £1000 per week. I would bet there are clubs in English non league paying more than that.

Aldo
30-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Jason Cummings told he's defo wanted and won't be sold I've just been told. That's good news then. I was hoping he stays as I think playing alongside the right striking partner he might score a few in the championship!!

snooky
30-05-2014, 04:08 PM
If Sam goes how many supporters go with him? The club is in pieces, how it got to this stage I will never know.
Yep. The lunatics have definitely taken over the asylum.

wills
30-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Draught copy of santons contract did not have a relegation clause in it. Stanton and his agent lookied over the draught and were happy with it, Petrie took it away and added relegation clause then got Stanton to sign thinking it was all above board

Lucius Apuleius
30-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Said after the last game of the season, I couldn't give a **** if every person connected with Hibs lost their jobs and we started from ground zero.

TheOneWhoKnocks
30-05-2014, 04:33 PM
What's it to you like? Bore off eh :bye:

Don't brag about being his mate then ya slavour. Enough of them already on here.

Aldo
30-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Don't brag about being his mate then ya slavour. Enough of them already on here.

Any need for that??? Nope I don't think there is. And who are THEM??

Unseen work
30-05-2014, 04:50 PM
But that pretty much means that most of the squad including ALL our goalkeeper were not committed to him and his phiolosophy....assuming he has one. Bottom line for me is he could not manage the players. They were progressively worse with each passing week.

Not sure who is left but if our defence next year starts with the same 'backbone' (irony intended) then we are in more trouble. Strange that some of our worst players seem to be buying in to his philosophy and staying put.

My first post on Hibs.net when TB was appointed was that I was underwhelmed. Of course I still wanted him to succeed but I think he has been in over his head.

No that means that terry obviously felt they weren't good enough, I agree with all the ones released other than Thomson and Williams. Williams was meant to be leaving for ages as he doesn't enjoy the training and like I said Thomson doesn't suit his style.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 04:50 PM

Never once "bragged" about him being my mate. So what if he is? Got nothing to do with you whatsoever. Definitetly not a "slavour".

Away you go now, bye, bye. :bye:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Any need for that??? Nope I don't think there is. And who are THEM??

Just ignore him Aldo mate. Seems like a right arse.

weonlywon6-2
30-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Good and thanks for this.

I would imagine we will have a quiet couple of weeks due to holidays for players then we should see a lot of activity

Aldo
30-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Just ignore him Aldo mate. Seems like a right arse.

Sounds like one bud!!! Will do ma best but full of pills after shoulder surgery yesterday so not sure what I may or may not be typing. ;-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Sounds like one bud!!! Will do ma best but full of pills after shoulder surgery yesterday so not sure what I may or may not be typing. ;-)

:greengrin

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Be less cryptic. you're Hibs next goalkeeper aren't you?? Just waiting for your chance.

Remember...only half silver next season. Judas !!!

:wink:

Aldo
30-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Be less cryptic. you're Hibs next goalkeeper aren't you?? Just waiting for your chance. Remember...only half silver next season. Judas !!! :wink:

***** ma secrets out. How did you guess SFH???

sleeping giant
30-05-2014, 05:07 PM

:wink: :tee hee:

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 05:09 PM
***** ma secrets out. How did you guess SFH???

Going by TB's loan signing's who had more injuries than the Somme.......seems you fit the profile !!

And if you have any of the pills left, share them around. I think we all need some painkillers here.

sleeping giant
30-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Never once "bragged" about him being my mate. So what if he is? Got nothing to do with you whatsoever. Definitetly not a "slavour".

Away you go now, bye, bye. :bye:

:hilarious

Is he now ?:tsk tsk:

Kato
30-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Draught copy of santons contract did not have a relegation clause in it. Stanton and his agent lookied over the draught and were happy with it, Petrie took it away and added relegation clause then got Stanton to sign thinking it was all above board

Thank you Agatha Christie.

Aldo
30-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Going by TB's loan signing's who had more injuries than the Somme.......seems you fit the profile !! And if you have any of the pills left, share them around. I think we all need some painkillers here. :greengrin

Ha ha. And sharing nowt... They are all mine!! Tramadol and the likes!! ;-)

Crab apple
30-05-2014, 05:13 PM

Harris has been awful.

I have to agree with you Matty. Stanton did nothing for the last few games and Harris may never make it IMHO. Cummings is a different case and could be an important part of the team next year with the right players around him.

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Ha ha. And sharing nowt... They are all mine!! Tramadol and the likes!! ;-)

Is that an Edinburgh Council drug? Oh....sorry I thought you said Tramidol

Arch Stanton
30-05-2014, 05:16 PM

They checked the draft but not the final version?

What kind of agent does Stanton have?

Assuming your information is kosher of course.

snooky
30-05-2014, 05:17 PM

If this is true then 1) Sam's agent should have checked over the 'new' contract as a matter of course before the signing. & 2) Petrie is a low down scoundrel

Golden Bear
30-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I have to agree with you Matty. Stanton did nothing for the last few games and Harris may never make it IMHO. Cummings is a different case and could be an important part of the team next year with the right players around him.

A tad early to make such judgments maybe?

Stanton is a class act imo and is a player whom I'd like to see the team built around in the next few years.

As for Harris, then yes, the jury is still out but it's a sports psychologist he needs right now as he seems to have totally lost his confidence.

Aldo
Is that an Edinburgh Council drug? Oh....sorry I thought you said Tramidol :greengrin

On fire the nite with the one liners are we not!

Ronniekirk
The Cat saves the Day .more bad news would of been the last thing this thread needed.

hibbiedon
if this is the case then I assume that the same rule will apply to season tickets sold prior to relegation

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 05:20 PM
If this is true then 1) Sam's agent should have checked over the 'new' contract as a matter of course before the signing. & 2) Petrie is a low down scoundrel

If a player and his agent approve a contract would it not usually be signed there and then?

Not that I would know but seems strange.

AlbertK86
30-05-2014, 05:21 PM

IF true does he still have the draught copy ?

As my posts have hinted I have no time for KING ROD but find this a bit far fetched

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Thank you Agatha Christie.

:rolleyes: :greengrin

And Rod would have gotten away with it if it hadn't have been for those pesky kids at Kick... sorry, Hibs.net.

H18Y GW
30-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Not a Greggs source but thats all i will say

Stanton was a lucky lad to get the contract, and broke into the team at the right time as wasnt wanted.

Aldo
30-05-2014, 05:24 PM

Tbh Snooky I would suggest it's a bit like a gentle mans agreement but Rod being Rod has did the sneaky and added the clause. (Naughty really)

This is another reason Rod has to go!!

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 05:25 PM
That's good news then. I was hoping he stays as I think playing alongside the right striking partner he might score a few in the championship!!

Your nothing if not persistent .Your Determined that Laddie is going to be banging in the goals .are you his Agent ? :wink:

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2014, 05:25 PM
IF true does he still have the draught copy ?

As my posts have hinted I have no time for KING ROD but find this a bit far fetched

The draught copy is under the door stopping the draft getting in. :greengrin

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Tbh Snooky I would suggest it's a bit like a gentle mans agreement but Rod being Rod has did the sneaky and added the clause. (Naughty really)

This is another reason Rod has to go!!

Can't think of one prior to this !!

:wink:

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 05:27 PM
The draught copy is under the door stopping the draft getting in. :greengrin
:wink::agree::wink:

Aldo
30-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Your nothing if not persistent .Your Determined that Laddie is going to be banging in the goals .are you his Agent ? :wink:

I just think the laddie has a really good chance played in the correct position Ronnie and obviously with the right players around him. Showed in the first leg why.

Still a bit raw but could end up being a very good player.

As for being an agent.....mmmm!!!!!

snooky
30-05-2014, 05:34 PM
The Cat saves the Day .more bad news would of been the last thing this thread needed.

:agree: Purrfectly put.

SanFranHibs
30-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I just think the laddie has a really good chance played in the correct position Ronnie and obviously with the right players around him. Showed in the first leg why.

Still a bit raw but could end up being a very good player.

As for being an agent.....mmmm!!!!!

The young lads deserve a chance in a new environment. Alas, it is a lower division and I am certain ly not saying we are definitely going to see a vast improvement but they came into a team that has been on the ropes and surely must be the least confident of all Hibs team I have ever seen.

Cummings last week at least controlled the ball, looked for the pass but unfortunately half the team were static and not looking for the ball so his lack of options resulted in him trying to take on more than one player and getting himself caught.

I know he was part of the debacle but I think he deserves another season.

We need to keep someone....lol.

We are going to have a completely new squad who have never played together...except for our wonderful central defenders, the human Maginot line.

Aldo
30-05-2014, 05:41 PM
The young lads deserve a chance in a new environment. Alas, it is a lower division and I am certain ly not saying we are definitely going to see a vast improvement but they came into a team that has been on the ropes and surely must be the least confident of all Hibs team I have ever seen. Cummings last week at least controlled the ball, looked for the pass but unfortunately half the team were static and not looking for the ball so his lack of options resulted in him trying to take on more than one player and getting himself caught. I know he was part of the debacle but I think he deserves another season. We need to keep someone....lol. We are going to have a completely new squad who have never played together...except for our wonderful central defenders, the human Maginot line.

Agreed SFH. Cummings will hopefully get a chance next season surrounded by others who want to play and be there.

As for Nelson I was hoping he was getting told tae bolt but at his age and after recent performances who would take him??

GreenLake
30-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Agreed SFH. Cummings will hopefully get a chance next season surrounded by others who want to play and be there.

As for Nelson I was hoping he was getting told tae bolt but at his age and after recent performances who would take him??

Loan him out to Falkirk with a stipulation that he must play against us.

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 06:54 PM

Absolute garbage.

I know Stanton's agent and he always checks the final offer prior to getting the player to sign, no way would he be caught out like that.

Do you even know who Stanton's agent is?

Billy Whizz
30-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Absolute garbage.

I know Stanton's agent and he always checks the final offer prior to getting the player to sign, no way would he be caught out like that.

Do you even know who Stanton's agent is?
Is it still "medals"?

nribs
30-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Wot you talking about wills

The_Todd
30-05-2014, 07:03 PM

If Stantons agent didn't go through the final copy of the contract then you have to wonder what the point of an agent is.

Personally I doubt the validity of this claim.

Brightside
30-05-2014, 07:04 PM
name them?

Cummings and Handling.

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Is it still "medals"?

Yes, but I was looking for him to put a name to it.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 07:07 PM
If Stantons agent didn't go through the final copy of the contract then you have to wonder what the point of an agent is.

Personally I doubt the validity of this claim.

For a different day to discuss, but this is something I have often argued - I literally do not see the point of them and they take ridiculous amounts out the game.

For me there is no need for them.

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Cummings and Handling.

Fair enough, I couldn't argue with either you have named.

Several players however believe that everybody (outwith the 20s) have been told they can leave.

scoopyboy
30-05-2014, 07:10 PM
For a different day to discuss, but this is something I have often argued - I literally do not see the point of them and they take ridiculous amounts out the game.

For me there is no need for them.

I used to think that as well.

I would urge anybody negotiating a deal with Petrie to take an agent.

truehibernian
30-05-2014, 07:11 PM
I used to think that as well.

I would urge anybody negotiating a deal with Petrie to take an agent.

Scoopy I'd urge any player right now to take Luca Brasi with him :greengrin

Brightside
30-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Fair enough, I couldn't argue with either you have named.

Several players however believe that everybody (outwith the 20s) have been told they can leave.

Maybe those two are being treated as 20s? No idea tbh but would be a sin if we lost the the young lads that we should be building next season around.

Saorsa
31-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Said after the last game of the season, I couldn't give a **** if every person connected with Hibs lost their jobs and we started from ground zero.with petrie still there? why bother? It's everybody's fault bar his apparently. Sam Stanton has far mair tae offer this club than that ******* petrie, sad day if that lad leaves and the other **** stays.

Forza Fred
31-05-2014, 12:50 AM

We seem to have this belief that we are automatic promotion candidates

The absolute shambles we are in,suggests to me that we are not even on the same level as Falkirk or newly reinforced Dundee, never mind the other two clubs often mentioned as promotion fighters.

We couln't even beat Raith at home in the cup.

The way it is just now I see us scraping into the top six....not much more unless there are revolutionary positive changes in the next few weks

staunchhibby
31-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Gary Mackay I believe is Sams agent

eggbamyasi
31-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Wot you talking about wills

Hehe quality made me proper laugh

The Green Goblin
31-05-2014, 04:18 AM

Is that true? There's only a very small number of people who would know something like that if it's true.

The Green Goblin
31-05-2014, 04:23 AM
Cummings and Handling.

I would keep Stanton over Handling, personally.

Callum_62
31-05-2014, 04:46 AM
I would keep Stanton over Handling, personally.

This absoutely - infact I wouldnt even bother keeping handling

I think Stanton is the one we have with most potential - but feel he really disappeared towards the end of the season

he certainly didnt have a great inpact, but definately worth keeping

Unless the clause states they can go for nominal fee if they dont take 50% cut in wages, then id be very surpirsed if we got rid without a fight

SouthamptonHibs
31-05-2014, 06:52 AM
To be fare to Rod it's good news he has the relegation clause in the contracts. No player at Easter Road that played there part in the relegation should be rewarded with the same salary as they had in the SPL.

I want Stanton to stay as the lad has potential and will do a job fir us next season.

New players coming in: Hibs should stretch themselves financially to get us the quality needed to become a decent team that entertains and will get us out the championship the first time of calling.

oregonhibby
31-05-2014, 07:02 AM
I imagine Stanton and Harris could pick up a team with no issues, probably at the same level of pay or higher than 50% of their current level. To the Club they are assets that if properly developed could be worth multiples of this salary later.

Putting aside the situation with Rod surely the Club should find some way of seeking direct sponsorship of these players to help retain their salary, retain their skill and their motivation in a season we well need them.

I for one would do so and would seek repayment on their sale - or something like this! I imagine their could be others who would do the same for our key talent - or am I thinking this is too imaginative?

Callum_62
31-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Putting aside the situation with Rod surely the Club should find some way of seeking direct sponsorship of these players to help retain their salary, retain their skill and their motivation in a season we well need them.

I for one would do so and would seek repayment on their sale - or something like this! I imagine their could be others who would do the same for our key talent - or am I thinking this is too imaginative?

Theres no way in hell Hibs should have to seek any sponsorship to keep paying 2 of or younger players SPL salary

oregonhibby
31-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Theres no way in hell Hibs should have to seek any sponsorship to keep paying 2 of or younger players SPL salary

Why? There will be significant losses and the red pen will be out. These are talents we can Ill afford to lose.

marinello59
31-05-2014, 09:32 AM

Hibs cant afford to turn their nose up at any form of income.