PDA

View Full Version : Ict

HibsNZ
30-05-2014, 06:54 AM
How good a side were they under Butcher and Malpas? They were obviously decent hence the reason most fans were happy with Butcher's appointment. But I've never really seen them play as I tend ta just watch the Hibs highlights on youtube and some of the live streams. I ask because I'd of thought our budget in Div 1 wouldn't be to far off Inverness's in the Premier league (could be completely wrong). So my point is, if so, what's to stop them from building a similar team with Hibs if said budgets are similar? Not sure they deserve the chance in fairness, but I need something at the moment so I'm clutching at this straw.

we are hibs
30-05-2014, 07:32 AM
How good a side were they under Butcher and Malpas? They were obviously decent hence the reason most fans were happy with Butcher's appointment. But I've never really seen them play as I tend ta just watch the Hibs highlights on youtube and some of the live streams. I ask because I'd of thought our budget in Div 1 wouldn't be to far off Inverness's in the Premier league (could be completely wrong). So my point is, if so, what's to stop them from building a similar team with Hibs if said budgets are similar? Not sure they deserve the chance in fairness, but I need something at the moment so I'm clutching at this straw.

They had a decent passing team if I remember correctly. They also had exciting attacking players like doran,mckay and co.

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 07:36 AM

They were decent and more importantly they were a team that fitted in to TB and MM system of play which is get the ball oot wide as quickly as possible and cross into the box - a bit like England in the early 90s. Over the last few years they ripped a new one in Hibs, everytime we've played... In fact i dont think Hibs have beaten them for a few years and head-to-head they probably have a better win ratio - mind you, who doesn't.

We're the bigger club with the bigger budget however, we sadly have an inferiority complex which has gripped ER for decades and i was hoping that Butcher with his player history and management of Scottish teams could finally break this mould like Turnbull, McLeish, Mowbray and Collins... People in football and old timers like my late Grandad have said that there is something not right with Hibs ever since the late 50s and i believe that this inferiority complex is what has stained Hibs since then... I could be wrong

ekhibee
30-05-2014, 02:33 PM
They were decent and more importantly they were a team that fitted in to TB and MM system of play which is get the ball oot wide as quickly as possible and cross into the box - a bit like England in the early 90s. Over the last few years they ripped a new one in Hibs, everytime we've played... In fact i dont think Hibs have beaten them for a few years and head-to-head they probably have a better win ratio - mind you, who doesn't.

We're the bigger club with the bigger budget however, we sadly have an inferiority complex which has gripped ER for decades and i was hoping that Butcher with his player history and management of Scottish teams could finally break this mould like Turnbull, McLeish, Mowbray and Collins... People in football and old timers like my late Grandad have said that there is something not right with Hibs ever since the late 50s and i believe that this inferiority complex is what has stained Hibs since then... I could be wrong

Interesting post, and no, you're not far wrong IMO, my old man thinks the same way as your late grandad.

Unseen work
30-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Ict played very good direct football

Bringing players like the shinnies, foran, McKay and doran added a positive fit team that work hard as anything but technically very good

Fast football getting the ball wide and down the flanks

Kato
30-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Makes a difference when you have players with some determination and purpose.

The best attribute I thought ICT had was their ability to find space off the ball makes passing a simple thing. Hardly footballing rocket science but a mile away from our own hide and seek champions.

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Ict played very good direct football

Bringing players like the shinnies, foran, McKay and doran added a positive fit team that work hard as anything but technically very good

Fast football getting the ball wide and down the flanks

Pivitol in ICT's attacks, player that scores goals and holds the ball up well then brings players into play, no seen that since Mixu and more recently, a home grown player in Stevie Fletcher who was developing in to a pretty decent player - we should have seen that in Hefferman, sadly due to injuries and hoof ball tactics, we never!!! :rolleyes:.

DH1875
30-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm fed up hearing about what he did at Inverness. We aint Inverness and if that's the hight of our ambitions I really am about to chuck it. Folk go on about this 5 year plan. What's ours? To become as big a club and as successful a club as Inverness in 5 years time? Goody bloody gum drops.

JustSimplyHibs
30-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm fed up hearing about what he did at Inverness. We aint Inverness and if that's the hight of our ambitions I really am about to chuck it. Folk go on about this 5 year plan. What's ours? To become as big a club and as successful a club as Inverness in 5 years time? Goody bloody gum drops.

Nah man, To become a successful club in our own right, that stands out from the rest, a club that appeals to all people across Scotland... Seven years of footballing mis-management (some fans saw it coming, why did the board no?) sorry bud, can not be fully attributed to Butcher.

Time to accept our plight - look to the future, starting with the fans coming together to get Petrie out.

#petrieout