PDA

View Full Version : Andy Goram and Tom English's comments on him

monktonharp
29-05-2014, 07:49 PM
just read a snippet from English, about Goram who is attending a dinner with a few "chums" tonight. just so happens that bitter hun Goram has a book coming out soon too. his involvement with Hibernian, should be removed from our history books imho. his allegiance with hard core Loyalist groups is not publicised by many in the main stream media but full marks to Tom English for getting in with this story.

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Fantastic goalkeeper but a bigoted cretin. Very sad.

emerald green
29-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Goram is an a***. He was born and raised in Bury, Lancashire. Not the Shankill Road, Belfast, or Bridgeton, Glasgow. The son of Edinburgh born Lewis Goram who played professionally for Hibs back in the 40s.

All this "loyalist" guff looks like an attempt to ingratiate himself with those elements in the Huns support IMO.

ekhibee
29-05-2014, 08:21 PM
one of the best goalkeepers Scotland has ever had, no doubt, but a Grade A dick, and that's coming from virtually everybody I know who's met him, and there's quite a few.

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:21 PM
just read a snippet from English, about Goram who is attending a dinner with a few "chums" tonight. just so happens that bitter hun Goram has a book coming out soon too. his involvement with Hibernian, should be removed from our history books imho. his allegiance with hard core Loyalist groups is not publicised by many in the main stream media but full marks to Tom English for getting in with this story.

Goram is an alcoholic and would taken a free peeve from the Ku Klux Klan or Little Sisters of the Poor if it were offered. It's a pity Tom English doesn't investigate who the blurred out guy was in that photo, then again since it was one of the presses favourites it's hardly likely.

monktonharp
29-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Goram is an alcoholic and would taken a free peeve from the Ku Klux Klan or Little Sisters of the Poor if it were offered. It's a pity Tom English doesn't investigate who the blurred out guy was in that photo, then again since it was one of the presses favourites it's hardly likely. so, if he's an alcoholic, we should just let it be swept under the cairpit? he has history when it comes to his appearances with auld mates of the brigeton derry and their cousins over the sea, and with flute playing English internationalist footballers. I would like our club to disown cretins of that ilk, but as previously said IMHO. which this forum is for, naw?

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:47 PM
so, if he's an alcoholic, we should just let it be swept under the cairpit? he has history when it comes to his appearances with auld mates of the brigeton derry and their cousins over the sea, and with flute playing English internationalist footballers. I would like our club to disown cretins of that ilk, but as previously said IMHO. which this forum is for, naw?

I'm not giving him an excuse, he was going on about us in his column a few weeks ago and he lost all right to say "I've a lot of time for my old club" by his actions.

Just pointing out there's another culprit in the photo the snared Goram but his face wasn't published. He walks around scot free.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Good player for Hibs.

sleeping giant
29-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Goram is an alcoholic and would taken a free peeve from the Ku Klux Klan or Little Sisters of the Poor if it were offered. It's a pity Tom English doesn't investigate who the blurred out guy was in that photo, then again since it was one of the presses favourites it's hardly likely.

Who was it Kato ?

greenlex
29-05-2014, 09:08 PM
just read a snippet from English, about Goram who is attending a dinner with a few "chums" tonight. just so happens that bitter hun Goram has a book coming out soon too. his involvement with Hibernian, should be removed from our history books imho. his allegiance with hard core Loyalist groups is not publicised by many in the main stream media but full marks to Tom English for getting in with this story.In the interests of balance can we strike Antony Stokes from our history too?:greengrin

Del Boy
29-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Where is this Tom English article on Goram?

Kato
29-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Who was it Kato ?

That would be question of sporting integrity. It would be super foolish of me to name names as the law suit police don't dilly-dally.

CyberSauzee
29-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Where is this Tom English article on Goram?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/tom-english-andy-goram-s-media-prominence-troubling-1-2564930

Edit - realised it's an old one but a good one none the less

monktonharp
29-05-2014, 10:05 PM
In the interests of balance can we strike Antony Stokes from our history too?:greengrinanother fud, so aye, him tae

tamig
29-05-2014, 10:21 PM
I met Goram once on a night out not long after he signed for us and he was great company. His mind has been contaminated ever since he signed for the bigots. Absolutely poisoned. I feel sad about the way he's ended up and wouldn't give any credence to anything he says now. I've stumbled upon a couple of his Sun columns and I've never read such guff in my life. The man's an embarrassment.

Dashing Bob S
29-05-2014, 10:53 PM
I agree with what people have said about Goram. I've been in his company several times, and he's been delightful, but he has a fatal flaw of wanting to be loved too much. This, along with an (alleged) drink problem, and an exposure to crackpot loyalist elements, is never going to end well for anyone.

In the final analysis he's a grown man and cannot use the defence that he's merely been corrupted by *rseholes. But the journalists and publications who indulge him should realise that this is a tale of Gasgoinesque sadness in the making, and cease doing so.

degenerated
30-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I met Goram once on a night out not long after he signed for us and he was great company. His mind has been contaminated ever since he signed for the bigots. Absolutely poisoned. I feel sad about the way he's ended up and wouldn't give any credence to anything he says now. I've stumbled upon a couple of his Sun columns and I've never read such guff in my life. The man's an embarrassment.

He lived just round the corner from me when he played for us and drank in the same pub, came across as a good guy and was a good laugh. He was in the pub most nights and fair knocked the pints back though.