PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket boycott / TB out / RP out........Let's get real!

Kaiserclem
29-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Season ticket boycott? TB sacked? RP out?

let's all be honest of the situation we are in as a club. We have no or little money, just been relegated, let 14 players leave (with potentially more), linked to no players. I agree TB's record is abysmal but if we were to be managerless in addition to little playing squad we are in big big trouble. I have been disappointed to say the least with TB but we need to back him and the club (RP) apart and get us a playing budget for some players as we are already short in time for preparing for next season. We will destroy the club even further if we boycott season tickets. Who would sign for us then? Already going to be a struggle to convince the already spoken to players we have no doubt lined up. We need to get over the rage we are feeling and let TB sign his own players and then rate him then. Surely has to be better than the hoof ball rubbish we have experienced. As for RP, concentrate on removing him and let's prepare for the. Championship and try to stick it right up the other two big clubs!

hibIBZ
29-05-2014, 07:25 PM
In other words stumble along same as always and hope it all changes for the better

Wellbankhibby
29-05-2014, 07:26 PM

let's all be honest of the situation we are in as a club. We have no or little money, just been relegated, let 14 players leave (with potentially more), linked to no players. I agree TB's record is abysmal but if we were to be managerless in addition to little playing squad we are in big big trouble. I have been disappointed to say the least with TB but we need to back him and the club (RP) apart and get us a playing budget for some players as we are already short in time for preparing for next season. We will destroy the club even further if we boycott season tickets. Who would sign for us then? Already going to be a struggle to convince the already spoken to players we have no doubt lined up. We need to get over the rage we are feeling and let TB sign his own players and then rate him then. Surely has to be better than the hoof ball rubbish we have experienced. As for RP, concentrate on removing him and let's prepare for the. Championship and try to stick it right up the other two big clubs!

I agree 100% with your comments. Well said :tbgwa:

KWJ
29-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I am right with you here.

Harming the club in order to remove Petire is completely counter-productive.

WindyMiller
29-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Lots of us have already bought s.t.'s

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 07:45 PM
the only person destroying this club is petrie by his very presence, you get real! He goes nae need for any other action but that's no in is interests so he'll stay and continue the damage.

Kaiserclem
29-05-2014, 07:46 PM
In other words stumble along same as always and hope it all changes for the better

Certainly not, support the playing side of things but the off the field side of things, Petrie out, we can surely express and move on this in other ways. Starving 'our club' of funds for a playing staff, remember we currently do not have a squad, is only going to drive us deeper and deeper into trouble. We need to sign players plain and simple. The RP out saga we all agree on. The club has said there will be major changes, they need to tell us the day Dempster takes over. There will be contractual issues regarding her announcing these as technically she is still employed by Motherwell and not by us so we will not get these until June 1st I would have thought. If the so called sweeping changes are announced and are not what we are after that is another issue and we decide from there but please, we need to sign players and now, season ticket boycott is a joke. How does our chant go, 'we'll support u ever more!' Let's show we mean it.

lucky
29-05-2014, 07:49 PM
We can't do nothing. We can't keep listening to his crap. He must go and go now. RP is not bigger than the club. Hibs will continue when he is not here but will drop further if he remains

SaulGoodman
29-05-2014, 07:50 PM
We've just been relegated and while the Yams strengthen we seem more interested in boycotts and meetings. It's a bit of a worry for next season tbh

skipster7
Agree. Thick and thin although its been wafer thin for far too long. X 2 renewals tomorrow.

hibIBZ
Certainly not, support the playing side of things but the off the field side of things, Petrie out, we can surely express and move on this in other ways. Starving 'our club' of funds for a playing staff, remember we currently do not have a squad, is only going to drive us deeper and deeper into trouble. We need to sign players plain and simple. The RP out saga we all agree on. The club has said there will be major changes, they need to tell us the day Dempster takes over. There will be contractual issues regarding her announcing these as technically she is still employed by Motherwell and not by us so we will not get these until June 1st I would have thought. If the so called sweeping changes are announced and are not what we are after that is another issue and we decide from there but please, we need to sign players and now, season ticket boycott is a joke. How does our chant go, 'we'll support u ever more!' Let's show we mean it.

Yes but what's the difference in backing the club and general complacency. Petrie's has no intention of leaving and IMO will continue to medle in all decisions being made by the club. This mess we are in is not going to be a single season fix it will take years to come through

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 07:51 PM
We can't do nothing. We can't keep listening to his crap. He must go and go now. RP is not bigger than the club. Hibs will continue when he is not here but will drop further if he remainsyou see, we can agree on something. :wink: :thumbsup:

Kaiserclem
29-05-2014, 07:56 PM
We can't do nothing. We can't keep listening to his crap. He must go and go now. RP is not bigger than the club. Hibs will continue when he is not here but will drop further if he remains

I totally agree, RP needs to go. Will hibs continue if we starve them of cash now? How many players have we seen signing for Scottish clubs this week alone? None for us. They know there playing budget for next season. The club's season ticket sales go, according to the club when I renewed mine weeks ago, 100% to the managers playing budget. All we will end up doing is making the manager sign players of a lesser standard than we possibly can and we will all be the first to complain. I agree we need to do something to get rid of RP but Dempster and our playing side in my opinion need our support at the lowest of the low times for us. I do not have the answer but there must be another way for us fans, together and not by ppl saying they represent us without us season ticket holders being asked, to take action than basically putting us nearly into bankruptcy for it. We all have our opinion and always good to debate. We are all Hibs fans, let's be fans and sort the playing side out as it is the only side of things that will get us back.

Malthibby
29-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Relegation may be the kick in the tenders that was needed to force the club to change, our job as usual is to put money in & support the team.
I've got a season ticket & I'm not afraid to use it.
GG
"Boycott the Boycott"

Kaiserclem
29-05-2014, 07:57 PM
We've just been relegated and while the Yams strengthen we seem more interested in boycotts and meetings. It's a bit of a worry for next season tbh

Here here

Kaiserclem
29-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Relegation may be the kick in the tenders that was needed to force the club to change, our job as usual is to put money in & support the team.
GG
"Boycott the Boycott"

BTB sounds a good line lol

Unfortunately clubs these days only survive or improve with our support money wise in Scotland. Where's a sheikh when we need one lol

Ringothedog
29-05-2014, 08:01 PM
We slagged them across the road for doing nothing. Let's not fall into the same trap of not trying to save our club before it is too late.

oregonhibby
29-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I wrote to Russell Smith to renew my tickets. Whilst I may disagree with many aspects of the way the Club is being run I will support my team. I also see the potential damage to those who work in the back office who have mortgages and families at this worrying time.

As for the Board or indeed Rod it is for their conscience and the impact on their legacy and that of Sir Tom Farmer's that time will tell. As I said in another post it is better to leave at the right time rather than to be asked to leave the party.

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm all for Petrie going but as the OP suggests I'm not sure about Butcher going. Every manager since Collins has seen the same trajectory. What happened on Sunday could have two or even four seasons ago, it was just a matter of time. Petrie's used every manager like beard, so there's a chance, under a new regime the current management team could be the right one.

madhatter
29-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Hang on just one second. Has Petrie not been indirectly causing a boycott of ST and causing damage to this club for almost 6-7 years at least? Me thinks he has. Leeann Dempster is coming to re-engage with fans and launch fan initiatives, these will without doubt be a failure in comparison to what they could be should Petrie leave. Just mentioning facts. I still think Petrie has done well by the club but he is increasingly becoming more and more patronising and the animosity from both sectors is becoming palpable.

This will never be a community club whilst he is around. The community have had enough, as the community are the fans. The fans, first and foremost want a team to support not some terrible excuse of half-time entertainment whilst our subs are posted missing. Each opposition has had their subs warming up for almost the entire 15mins. Our subs come out with 2mins remaining. Summed up on Sunday, losing 1-0 in relegation battle and whilst doing the shootouts at half-time, we hear "it's good to see that net bulging" when one of the ladies scored. Fans were in tears that day. This cannot continue.

I for one, will not be boycotting but I'd take a different choice depending on if Petrie stays or goes - stays: pay at gates and attend close to 40-60% of games; goes: buy new kit, get ST and sign up to any fan initiatives I can afford. Won't boycott though. Just different choices.

Kaiserclem
29-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Hang on just one second. Has Petrie not been indirectly causing a boycott of ST and causing damage to this club for almost 6-7 years at least? Me thinks he has. Leeann Dempster is coming to re-engage with fans and launch fan initiatives, these will without doubt be a failure in comparison to what they could be should Petrie leave. Just mentioning facts. I still think Petrie has done well by the club but he is increasingly becoming more and more patronising and the animosity from both sectors is becoming palpable.

This will never be a community club whilst he is around. The community have had enough, as the community are the fans. The fans, first and foremost want a team to support not some terrible excuse of half-time entertainment whilst our subs are posted missing. Each opposition has had their subs warming up for almost the entire 15mins. Our subs come out with 2mins remaining. Summed up on Sunday, losing 1-0 in relegation battle and whilst doing the shootouts at half-time, we hear "it's good to see that net bulging" when one of the ladies scored. Fans were in tears that day. This cannot continue.

I for one, will not be boycotting but I'd take a different choice depending on if Petrie stays or goes - stays: pay at gates and attend close to 40-60% of games; goes: buy new kit, get ST and sign up to any fan initiatives I can afford. Won't boycott though. Just different choices.

Thats what I mean by other choices, either way you are still supporting your club in the playing side of things, which is what we all try to,do in our own way. Well said.

lucky
29-05-2014, 08:25 PM
you see, we can agree on something. :wink: :thumbsup:

There's more that unite us than divides us.

18Craig75
29-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Why does he want to remain? The majority of fans despise him, allegedly doesn't get paid a penny, has no affection for the club (if he did then we wouldn't be in this mess), no ambition to make us better and no family ties to the club - he's not even a football fan ffs.

The Harp Awakes
29-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Why does he want to remain? The majority of fans despise him, allegedly doesn't get paid a penny, has no affection for the club (if he did then we wouldn't be in this mess), no ambition to make us better and no family ties to the club - he's not even a football fan ffs.

I've asked myself the same question. I think the answer is it's probably not Petrie himself who wants to stay, more likely it's STF digging his heels in telling Petrie he's staying put. STF has always backed Petrie to the hilt and there is no evidence that he has changed his mind on that. If that's the case then to get the change most Hibs fans appear to want; Petrie out, then we are looking at a change of ownership. That will be a more protracted process and time is not something that we have a lot of having emptied most of our squad.

TornadoHibby
29-05-2014, 09:15 PM

I think that you should do your thing and everyone else will have formed their own view over how they feel emotionally as well as rationally and will do what they think is right based on how they feel I suspect! :agree:

I personally think that it is a bit much again this season that Hibs owners, Messrs Farmer and Petrie, don't appear to be dipping their hand into their deep pockets and contributing materially to the deficit that they must have established that the Club faces going forward into next season as that is ultimately a function of thier poor decisions regarding management teams for several years now! :agree:

If their is any value in the Club it is 100% theirs so all the upside should mean that they (at least) contribute materially to the downside! :agree:

No doubt a large number of you who have had a week to lose some of the emotion from the last season of garbage footbalkl week in, week out and may now be feeling like paying SPFL prices for Championship football when the likelihood is that the football on offer under Mr Butcher will be "more of the same" if the budget is even reduced from what he was expecting to have when he arrived way back when!

Everyone will do what the feel that they want to at the end of the day! No point in this kind of seeking to persuade folk that a miracle has happened in the last week and all will be well with Mr Butcher at the helm going forward! :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
29-05-2014, 09:16 PM

He's a shareholder and wants to keep close to every penny taken in or spent as it affects his ultimate reckoning of the worth of the Club to him! :hmmm: :dunno:

poolman
29-05-2014, 09:23 PM

Well said

Shields Hibee
29-05-2014, 10:33 PM
The ST renewal pack stated our money would go to TB for team strengthening, I've renewed but was sceptical about that comment as heard it all before.

Boycotting could do more harm in the long term, no money means no funds for players and we get into bigger problems. If people don't want to buy programmes, merchandise or food then fair enough but let's see what happens with Leeanne's arrival and whether TB brings people in who could make a difference as well dropping the hoofball approach.

It was always going to be harder to sell ST's this year with no cup final to shift a few more but after what's happened, the club must be prepared to be hit in the pocket.

29-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Agreed.

boab1875
29-05-2014, 10:43 PM

sorry but disagree completely with this logic. people need to be thinking in the long term. There is NO CHANCE Petrie will go if the fans keep buying tickets, why would he? what's happening is exactly what a Yam at my work said. there will be a rift between the fans and nothing will get done, as is always the case with us, we are too bloody soft and have accepted mediocrity and failure for too long without acting. we ALL need to be on the same page here and it frustrates me that people cannot see this. The boycott is the only way we can send a message and get rid of petrie and butcher. nothing else will work. are you genuinely happy at what has happened? it should be the final straw that prompts change. this change will not happen if we continue to line that **** petries pockets. and trust me I am much more worried about next season with petrie and with butcher in charge than without. short term pain (if any) will help us in the long term.

WestStandMoaner
29-05-2014, 10:54 PM
sorry but disagree completely with this logic. people need to be thinking in the long term. There is NO CHANCE Petrie will go if the fans keep buying tickets, why would he? what's happening is exactly what a Yam at my work said. there will be a rift between the fans and nothing will get done, as is always the case with us, we are too bloody soft and have accepted mediocrity and failure for too long without acting. we ALL need to be on the same page here and it frustrates me that people cannot see this. The boycott is the only way we can send a message and get rid of petrie and butcher. nothing else will work. are you genuinely happy at what has happened? it should be the final straw that prompts change. this change will not happen if we continue to line that **** petries pockets. and trust me I am much more worried about next season with petrie and with butcher in charge than without. short term pain (if any) will help us in the long term.

Well said :agree:

dmc1875
29-05-2014, 10:57 PM
This situation could kill our club. Whoever mike riley is does not speak for me. 95% of the fan base? Really?

We all need to pull together. We will cause untold damage to our club longterm if we back this fan/ex player deal.

Too rushed, no real plan. We cannot afford to boycott. It's ridiculous

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 11:01 PM
This situation could kill our club. Whoever mike riley is does not speak for me. 95% of the fan base? Really?

We all need to pull together. We will cause untold damage to our club longterm if we back this fan/ex player deal.

Too rushed, no real plan. We cannot afford to boycott. It's ridiculousWinnae happen with petrie there which is why he has tae go.

You didnae help with that statement on the Hibs site did you?

Johnforr
29-05-2014, 11:03 PM
I am ashamed at the demonisation of RP etc ....... as the OP says at this time the club needs our backing and support .. Of course let's cause financial difficulties ... Like that's gonna really help ! Yes I am hurting still but my love for hibernian knows no bounds .... I'm proud to be a Hibee .. Yes let's meet but FGS we need to be positive positive and then even more positive to re build . And I'm
Sorry if I get shot down for this but my view matters as well ....... u don't speak for me !

dmc1875
29-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Winnae happen with petrie there.

You didnae help with that statement on the Hibs site did you?

No I didn't but this situation is ridiculous. We could end up ruining our club.

I'm all for change..I don't believe this group have the right to band about crap though and they do not have a real plan that they can impliment right away.

Glorious St Pat
29-05-2014, 11:05 PM

Fed up listening to weak mediocre achieving drivel like this. Where is the ambition man? The club from top to bottom is broken and the stories coming out as to what is going on behind the scenes is a succession of poor inept management.

Fed up listening to but but but...the time for real change is NOW. Cut the cancer out.

Petrie and Butcher to go. New ambition and vision for the club - something that every Hibee can actively see we are trying to achieve. The fans will come back in this is the case. Lily liver supporters living on years of failure only creates a culture of mediocrity - not what I and thousands others are looking for..

Glorious St Pat
29-05-2014, 11:09 PM
GG
"Boycott the Boycott"

Do you really trust those in charge and Butcher to get things right after this season and the past four years - four years in the bottom six. Collins wished to challenge the Old Firm and was knocked back in his demands. It seems that too many supporters just wish to carry on sticking plasters over a cancerous wound - the wound being a visionless and directionless club under Petrie.

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 11:11 PM
No I didn't but this situation is ridiculous. We could end up ruining our club.

I'm all for change..I don't believe this group have the right to band about crap though and they do not have a real plan that they can impliment right away.What is or has been petrie's plan? and look at the results of it if he ever had one in the 1st place. What about the way he's ruined our club? Done mair damage (and cost the club mair money) than any fan has or ever will and continues tae by being here. He has tae go and it has tae be the 1st thing regardless of anything else and before anything else can or will change. You continue tae give him your money if you like, he's wasted thousands of pounds of mine and he'll get nae mair, ever. I'll renew my ST the minute he's out the door and I mean right out the door.

Glorious St Pat
29-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I am ashamed at the demonisation of RP etc ....... as the OP says at this time the club needs our backing and support .. Of course let's cause financial difficulties ... Like that's gonna really help ! Yes I am hurting still but my love for hibernian knows no bounds .... I'm proud to be a Hibee .. Yes let's meet but FGS we need to be positive positive and then even more positive to re build . And I'm
Sorry if I get shot down for this but my view matters as well ....... u don't speak for me !

I am sorry but on what evidence do we have to be positive about? I dont understand your shame at the demonisaton of Petrie after stories abound about his poor management at the helm of the club. To miss out on players, to miss out on first choice players, to ignore demands from managers that we have an idiot in charge of youth development. To smugly grin at the final whistle on Sunday on what was our darkest day. The man is a cancer and it needs cut out. The club needs a huge overhaul and I am prepared to boycott if necessary to get the changes we need. Fed up with lily liver, mediocre accepting fans.

HappyHibby93
29-05-2014, 11:40 PM
I feel real concern for our football club at the moment. There is no doubt that for the last few years there has been a lack of unity between the club and it supporters, however, through reading some of the stuff on here, I am very worried to see fractions within the support. This is my greatest concern, we as supporters must move as one. I for one will absolutely not, under any circumstance take part in any part of boycott. Any game I can afford to go to I will. At Hampden when we were beaten by Celtic, we all sang "we'll support you ever more". I for one meant it. Day 1 next season, I'll be there, whether its Ibrox Tynie, Alloa or Cowdenbeath. I don't support a boycott, I don't support Petrie, I support Hibernian.

Leith Mo
29-05-2014, 11:49 PM
For those who think a boycott will damage Hibs: of course the decision to withhold financial support will have that immediate effect. However this IS a problem requiring an immediate response in order to achieve longer term goals. Financial pressure is the tactic most suited to Petrie as it's the one consistent concept he has related to since his arrival. Remember this is the man who boasts of Hibs being successful as "the 2nd best at paying its bills" - surely if "integrity" which he often quotes is so important to him then we would be the best at paying the bills? But no, even in this he accepts coming 2nd. That is the limit of his vision. The time has come to go. Indeed it's long overdue.
Personally my thoughts are that until thrte is real movement I won't be back at Easter Road. However I do intend to travel to away games to make my voice heard in support of the team on the park (should Butcher no longer be the manager) as Mr Petrie has controlled the home receipts for too long. Maybe this is an option for when the season starts again - if you decide not to attend Easter Road and can do so travel and show we will always support the team on the park (not necessarily the policies and tactics of those off it)?