PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Club Statement

RSS Bot
29-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Thursday's Meeting at Easter Road

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140529/club-statement_2262950_3868825)

Pretty Boy
29-05-2014, 07:13 PM
That's why throwing figures like 95% about is dangerous. Petrie will tear that to shreds and simply ask for proof and then plans of what the 95% want.

Barney McGrew
29-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Divide and conquer.......

Ringothedog
29-05-2014, 07:14 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140529/club-statement_2262950_3868825)
What a waste of two minutes of my life reading that absolute non statement. My club is an effing joke.:grr::fuming:

cleanyman
29-05-2014, 07:15 PM
That's why throwing figures like 95% about is dangerous. Petrie will tear that to shreds and simply ask for proof and then plans of what the 95% want.

This.

Look like diddies now.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Divide and conquer.......

Absolutely.

The fans group(s) have to be smart and not play into Rods hands.

Jonnyboy
29-05-2014, 07:17 PM
So we've heard the club's side of the story. Just need to hear from the four now to get a balanced view on what took place.

Hibs90
29-05-2014, 07:17 PM
He won't back down simple as.

smurf
29-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Interesting. Quite deliberately a divide and rule objective from this press release in my opinion. As many will think the club should be given time particularly with the new appointment.

However, she will be merely an employee. One appointed by the owner and indeed the chairman.

Supporters are right to expect resignations. I'm glad tomorrow is proceeding as planned. The pressure needs to be cranked up.

McKenzie
29-05-2014, 07:18 PM
What a waste of two minutes of my life reading that absolute non statement. My club is an effing joke.:grr::fuming:

This 100%. Get him to f*** now. The plan is for you to eff off and let Leeann get on with restructuring OUR club and moving us forward.

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 07:19 PM
At the meeting, it was repeated that the Board fully understands the level of supporter anger and frustration, has recognised for some months the imperative for change.heard it before several times, nothing has changed.

Jonny1875
Doesn't seem like the meeting was very constructive.

Rocky
Don't see the problem with it to be honest. He must have a lot of knowledge about the club - why not hang around to help Ms Dempster to settle in? If there's any whiff that he's interfering in her decisions fair enough - but why assume that? She seems a strong individual to me.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 07:20 PM

People were moaning about the secrecy of the meetings. The club publish a quick recap. People moan about the club statement.

This is becoming ludicrous.

down-the-slope
29-05-2014, 07:20 PM
This.

Look like diddies now.

Yup clearly the first thing in statement is this as it shows it up as being horlicks as there was no opportunity (or attempt) to get such a mandate.

It can clearly be seen from the way this is written that tomorrow will be a press conference to start a get Petrie out campaign .......

timewilltell
29-05-2014, 07:21 PM

The trouble is this group only want Petrie out, they have no plan themselves, it's they that are the joke.

Embarrassing!

:agree:

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 07:22 PM
People were moaning about the secrecy of the meetings. The club publish a quick recap. People moan about the club statement.

Nearly as ludicrous as being relegated and being a complete shambles top to bottom.

bingo70
29-05-2014, 07:23 PM
The trouble is this group only want Petrie out, they have no plan themselves, it's they that are the joke.

Embarrassing!

How do you know they don't have a plan?

Why is our club so reliant on one man?

TowerHibs
29-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Just find it amazig the the **** doesnt seem to stick with Rod.

If you look back over the years, how many statements has he had to release apologising for something at the club. Anymore than once is enough......he really cant see it.

We need him out and if no for us now but for the future Chairman/woman/owner/CEO to fully understand that us as a fanbase will no longer tolerate crap

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 07:24 PM

Embarrassing!

The plan is to get Petrie out, so Leann can get on with the job without Toxic Rod leaning over her shoulder.:flag:

You've had this explained to you over and over again.

Jonnyboy
29-05-2014, 07:24 PM

Embarrassing!

Told you that, did they?

Gus Fring
29-05-2014, 07:26 PM
3 days of "we need a statement". We've got a statement and now everyone is moaning about it.

Peevemor
Nearly as ludicrous as being relegated and being a complete shambles top to bottom.

Moaning for moaning's sake is going to put things right is it?

Saorsa
Don't see the problem with it to be honest. He must have a lot of knowledge about the club - why not hang around to help Ms Dempster to settle in?Help from him? like he's helped get us tae where we are now you mean? if she needs help from him, we're ****ed.

If there's any whiff that he's interfering in her decisions fair enough - but why assume that? She seems a strong individual to me.Because it's what he does and has been doing for years is maybe a good indicator of that?

ionahibby

Embarrassing!

Agree. We need a plan b. Petrie isn't going anywhere we need learn to work with him.

timewilltell
29-05-2014, 07:27 PM
How do you know they don't have a plan?

Why is our club so reliant on one man?

from the the club website

"The group was asked to outline their own proposals and plans for change. They declined, and instead made only one demand, which was for the resignation of Chairman Rod Petrie."

joke....! No proposals no plan just get rid of Petrie.......jeez!

Sean1875
"The group was asked to outline their own proposals and plans for change. They declined, and instead made only one demand, which was for the resignation of Chairman Rod Petrie."
doesn't sound like they've got much of a plan like 'timewilltell' suggested

garlic
So we've heard the club's side of the story. Just need to hear from the four now to get a balanced view on what took place.

Agreed. But I suspect they will wait for the media attention before they comment.
I think Petrie was clever enough to show these four that they do not represent the numbers they claim and he will speak with a more representative group.
Leanne is brought in by Petrie so I don't think she will be kicking him out anytime soon.

Jonnyboy
29-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Jeezo did you honestly expect them to show all their cards just because they were asked nicely. The statement says they declined to outline their proposals, not that they don't have any

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 07:31 PM
doesn't sound like they've got much of a plan like 'timewilltell' suggested

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

The plan is to ask Toxic Rod to step away completely.

And to allow Leann to get on with her job unencumbered by the architect of the Club's downfall interfering.

Every other Club in the country manages without Rod Petrie, why shouldn't we??

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 07:31 PM
doesn't sound like they've got much of a plan like 'timewilltell' suggestedWhy should they tell him their plans? Did he tell us his plans, you ken, the 5 year one? Getting him out is and IMO should be their main objective. Even by his presence damage tae the club will continue.

Bleeds green
29-05-2014, 07:32 PM
What an absolute shambles and makes the fans look desperate this is the start of a long ongoing feud and may tear the club apart even more, 95% what a disgraceful made up figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eganov
So Rod is handing over control on Monday to leann Dempster with him taking a role on the side lines whilst the changes are implemented? This is something the club said a few weeks ago.

Asking Rod to resign prior to this happenning is naive and ignorant. No doubt he'll leave once the handover is done anyway. A very slapdash and immature performance from the fan's "representatives" here.

Cropley10
Why should they tell him their plans? Did he tell us his plans, you ken, the 5 year one? Getting him out i and IMO should be their main objectve.

This.

Ringothedog
29-05-2014, 07:34 PM

The statement says nothing apart from give us more time. I am sorry but their time is up. It is a bunker mentality and they do not know what to say or do to appease the fans as the only thing we want to hear is "petrie has resigned". The board should have a vision, should be a way of unifying the club, should be our leaders...they are none of those. They are pathetic incompetents who do not know how to run a football club successfully and should all resign in shame.

Scouse Hibee
Well that was interesting,

where did the 95% figure come from?
What plans do the supporters groups have?
did they go into this meeting half baked with no real alternative solutions?
did this meeting achieve anything?

Answers please.

Sean1875
Why should they tell him their plans? Did he tell us his plans, you ken, the 5 year one? Getting him out is and IMO should be their main objective. Even by his presence damage tae the club will continue.

fair point :agree:

Saorsa
Agree. We need a plan b. Petrie isn't going anywhere we need learn to work with him.you work with him then, I'll work with anybody trying tae get him out.

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 07:35 PM
What an absolute shambles and makes the fans look desperate this is the start of a long ongoing feud and may tear the club apart even more, 95% what a disgraceful made up figure

The start of a feud?:confused:

Really - now who would want their to be a feud among Hibs fans? Whose agenda would that serve? Who would be happiest if this were to happen....

Bleeds green

Answers please.

It's an absolute shambles from the off point

Hibernia Na Eir
He won't back down simple as.

we, the fans, shouldn't back down either.

Let's roll with this.

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Agree. We need a plan b. Petrie isn't going anywhere we need learn to work with him.

Erm no. Working with him has gotten us relegated again. Enough already.

malagahibby
95 per cent.
Strange -I'm a season ticket holder ,shareholder and member of Southern branch.
I haven't voted.

Just let Leanne in the door and listen what she has to offer.

The Fab Four need to caw canny meantime

Kaiserclem
Don't see the problem with it to be honest. He must have a lot of knowledge about the club - why not hang around to help Ms Dempster to settle in? If there's any whiff that he's interfering in her decisions fair enough - but why assume that? She seems a strong individual to me.

I agree. Someone with a sensible head on.

I agree RP is useless when it comes to the playing side and has been for a long time. From what I read about Leeann Dempster I cannot see her being an 'employee' and letting RP dictate what she does. I think we have to give her a chance and I can't see her putting up with TB if he doesn't have the team performing. Would she leave being top dog at Motherwell, 2nd in SPL, to be a puppet for us? No chance.

timewilltell
29-05-2014, 07:37 PM
We should start by getting rid of you.

Another intellectual response...!

look, I have no issue with the meeting so long as the group has a sensible well thought out plan that it can articulate clearly to the board.

Simply asking for someone to resign is not enough. Why on earth would Petrie leave just because we asked him to?

put together a sensible plan and discuss with the board.....simples!

Lastly when you can't understand the argument try and come up with something more constructive than "we should start by getting rid of you"...

Gus Fring
29-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Handing over to Leeann is the succession plan and Petrie needs to be here for that transition to take place. We can't just dump all this in Leeanns lap and expect her to come up smelling of roses.

oregonhibby
29-05-2014, 07:38 PM
What the statement does is show all supporters that LD has meetings with the very groups the 4 purport to represent thereby casting doubt on their mandate.

Tomorrow's media session will need to be carefully planned, contain real and credible plans and not just be seen as a rant or an assassination attempt otherwise it will stall at the start.

It is a well crafted announcement designed to cast doubt. The final paragraph could have said "along with his other non-executive colleagues" to place Rod in with the crowd rather than suggesting he will have the key non executive role in any change process.

As they say in tennis 15 - 0. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

SlickShoes
29-05-2014, 07:39 PM
The statement is the usual pathetic nonsense, please give us more time, sorry sorry sorry, we need your support. Then a wee dig saying if you with hold funds by avoiding games or not buying things you don't help the club you only hinder it, putting the blame back on us and making all the wee people feel bad.

pathetic.

People having a dig at the guys that went along, have a word, at least these people are trying to get that cancer out from within our club while you sit and judge them from an internet forum.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 07:39 PM
The statement says nothing apart from give us more time. I am sorry but their time is up. It is a bunker mentality and they do not know what to say or do to appease the fans as the only thing we want to hear is "petrie has resigned". The board should have a vision, should be a way of unifying the club, should be our leaders...they are none of those. They are pathetic incompetents who do not know how to run a football club successfully and should all resign in shame.

It was a very short recap of the meeting, not a statement of the club's plans. Don't you understand that?

lucky
29-05-2014, 07:40 PM
I want RP out more than ever. If Dempster us going to have a chance to turn the club around the the grim reaper of ER must be removed.

Let's see what plans come out of tomorrow's press conference

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 07:41 PM
The statement is the usual pathetic nonsense, please give us more time, sorry sorry sorry, we need your support. Then a wee dig saying if you with hold funds by avoiding games or not buying things you don't help the club you only hinder it, putting the blame back on us and making all the wee people feel bad.

pathetic.

People having a dig at the guys that went along, have a word, at least these people are trying to get that cancer out from within our club while you sit and judge them from an internet forum.

It wasn't a statement. It was a recap of the meeting, something which most people on here were looking for.

malagahibby
29-05-2014, 07:42 PM
The statement says that rod will be an non exec director .
That means he won't be running the club .
He needs to be here meantime to ensure that Leanne learns the ropes at ER.
Need to show a bit of patience -effectively he is off .

Captain Trips
29-05-2014, 07:43 PM
The plan is to have LeeAnn get on with the job pretty simple plan. If LeeAnn needs rod there then she is not capable of job.

She appears capable so there is no plan its a request gtf Rod and take your last error Butcher with you.

Bleeds green
29-05-2014, 07:44 PM
we, the fans, shouldn't back down either.

Let's roll with this.

Na no me like

madhatter
29-05-2014, 07:45 PM
It wasn't a statement. It was a recap of the meeting, something which most people on here were looking for.

We'll never get a proper statement of detailed plans. I can't remember anything other than brief glorified statements of intent amounting to nothing. Granted though, this is only a summary of events. However, the way it is worded is attempting to cause more in-fighting. No club should want more in-fighting amongst fans.

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2014, 07:46 PM

'Effectively' isn't enough, mate. We need to see him getting in a taxi with Butcher and Malpas, then we can we start afresh.

number 27
29-05-2014, 07:46 PM
I still cannot for the life of me understand why anyone felt they should meet with Petrie. He needs to go, that should be a non-negotiable starting point before anything else is discussed.

As for the club statement, it would not be appropriate for four random guys to start laying out plans for the future, that can come later, their mandate right now is simply to remove Petrie, then we can move on.

Weststandwanab
29-05-2014, 07:47 PM

I agree.

I disgree.

Yup clearly the first thing in statement is this as it shows it up as being horlicks as there was no opportunity (or attempt) to get such a mandate.

It can clearly be seen from the way this is written that tomorrow will be a press conference to start a get Petrie out campaign .......

You think ?

Embarrassing!

Looks like it.

Answers please.
O what good questions do you think you will get an answer ?

95 per cent.
I haven't voted.

Me 2, was not asked and am with you.

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 07:49 PM

look, I have no issue with the meeting so long as the group has a sensible well thought out plan that it can articulate clearly to the board.

Simply asking for someone to resign is not enough. Why on earth would Petrie leave just because we asked him to?

Lastly when you can't understand the argument try and come up with something more constructive than "we should start by getting rid of you"...

You've had constructive plans put to you time and again. You're not interested in them.

You're only interested in stirring things up.

KWJ
29-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Handing over to Leeann is the succession plan and Petrie needs to be here for that transition to take place. We can't just dump all this in Leeanns lap and expect her to come up smelling of roses.

Exactly. I would think that she'll want the person that hired her to be there when she walks in the door on her first day. At the very least to show her where the bogs, coffee machine, staple remover, Grant Stott speed dial and discreet exits are.

If she thinks **** this for a game of soldiers then Rod's going to be here for a good while longer finding someone else to fill his shiny shoes.

That said, I can't imagine she'll be too chuffed with that statement either, ridiculous amount of pressure on her to fix this mess.

Ringothedog
29-05-2014, 07:51 PM
It was a very short recap of the meeting, not a statement of the club's plans. Don't you understand that?

What I do understand is that my club has just endured a shambolic season which culminated in the club I love being relegated. In any other business failure like this would have seen the chief executive sacked straight away

Do you really believe our board has a plan ? I doubt they could plan what to wear when they get up in the morning.

Why won't they come out and tell the fans what their plans/vision are. I do not want bland statements from them I want action. I don't want deafening silence following our relegation I want action.

Don't you get that!!

Peevemor
We'll never get a proper statement of detailed plans. I can't remember anything other than brief glorified statements of intent amounting to nothing. Granted though, this is only a summary of events. However, the way it is worded is attempting to cause more in-fighting. No club should want more in-fighting amongst fans.

The club have already said that big changes are to be announced in the coming weeks. You've decided already that you don't believe them.

Cropley10

The statement says nothing of the sort - it says he's staying to facilitate the changes. Facilitating change... doesn't mean he's effectively off.

Geo_1875
29-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Why should those attending the meeting outline any proposals or plans they may have in mind when the club refuse to reveal the major changes that are coming? If it's happening soon, and it must if we are to go anywhere, why not tell us now? If they have a realistic plan to return us to the SPFL anytime soon they could easily get the supporters groups onside. Could it be that they have no confidence in their own plans?

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 07:52 PM
What I do understand is that my club has just endured a shambolic season which culminated in the club I love being relegated. In any other business failure like this would have seen the chief executive sacked straight away

Do you really believe our board has a plan ? I doubt they could plan what to wear when they get up in the morning.

Why won't they come out and tell the fans what their plans/vision are. I do not want bland statements from them I want action. I don't want deafening silence following our relegation I want action.

Don't you get that!!

Did RP turn up naked?

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 07:53 PM
What a joke the man is, he came out with this and i quote "
The Club also expressed its deep concern that any actions to "starve" the Club of support during the challenging months ahead risk causing long-term damage."

He has just led us to relegation and the worst football i have ever seen add in the thousands who have stopped buying ST's since the mowbrey days , long term damage has already been done by you ya trumpet, get him out now.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Doesn't seem like the meeting was very constructive.

Agreed, 40 minutes? :wtf:

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 07:54 PM
The club have already said that big changes are to be announced in the coming weeks. You've decided already that you don't believe them.do you think there could possibly be a reason for that?

Captain Trips
29-05-2014, 07:55 PM
The plan is get more points than all the other clubs in the league that is the only plan I am interested in, this plan however will fail with Petrie and Butcher at the club.

Ringothedog
29-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Did RP turn up naked?
:greengrin

The_Horde
29-05-2014, 07:56 PM
More political bull**** from the board.

Okay Rod how about you explain EXACTLY what executive duties dempster will be responsible for and EXACTLY what roles you'll be responsible for in your 'non executive' role.

I can't believe for one second you're going to just sit up there in the background without any interference.

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 07:57 PM
If he said black it would be white, he is a shyster of the highest order only interested in staying in power, get him out now.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 07:57 PM
The plan is to have LeeAnn get on with the job pretty simple plan. If LeeAnn needs rod there then she is not capable of job.

She appears capable so there is no plan its a request gtf Rod and take your last error Butcher with you.

You're first sentence is utter garbage. In my work I often take over projects from less qualified and less experienced colleagues. I invariably need to ask them questions to enable me to advance things. Should I be sacked?

Captain Trips
29-05-2014, 07:58 PM
You're first sentence is utter garbage. In my work I often take over projects from less qualified and less experienced colleagues. I invariably need to ask them questions to enable me to advance things. Should I be sacked?

No it isnt. Thats you. Not everyone is you. Not everyone job is same as yours.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I see a lot of people asking what the 'group of 4s' plan is.

If there sole aim is the removal of Rod from the board then do they need one in the long term? If his role as non exec Chairman is going to be as hands off as he claims then surely it's a position that can be filled by A N other and LD can be left to do her job?

My views have been clear for a while. Brand Petrie is toxic and his continued presence is doing far more harm than good.

joebakerforever
29-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Was it a recap, jointly agreed by both Parties ?

If it was one sided, then you might be sceptical of it being an accurate reflection of events.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 07:59 PM
;4039000']More political bull**** from the board.

Okay Rod how about you explain EXACTLY what executive duties dempster will be responsible for and EXACTLY what roles you'll be responsible for in your 'non executive' role.

I can't believe for one second you're going to just sit up there in the background without any interference.

Maybe they will once she's a Hibs employée?

number 27
29-05-2014, 08:02 PM

If you spend your time at work defending the indefensible and dragging debate down pointless cul-de-sacs like you do here then I would definitely sack you.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 08:03 PM
No it isnt. Thats you. Not everyone is you. Not everyone job is same as yours.

You effectively said that if she needs to pose RP any questions, then she's not up to the job.

That is total nonsense.

The_Horde
Maybe they will once she's a Hibs employée?

What was wrong with announcing it along with the original statement to say she'd joined and why aren't they including the ins and outs in their response? Surely it would give them a better chance of winning people over with their argument?

The Gorf

Embarrassing!

Watch out troll about.

The_Horde
29-05-2014, 08:05 PM
You effectively said that if she needs to pose RP any questions, then she's not up to the job.

That is total nonsense.

RP's entire tenure has been nonsense so I'd rather she didn't take any lessons from the faceless one.

Sean1875
29-05-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm sure there's more than enough people around ER just now to welcome LD and help her settle into the club. Petrie does not need to be there, out.

Peevemor
;4039030']What was wrong with announcing it along with the original statement to say she'd joined and why aren't they including the ins and outs in their response? Surely it would give them a better chance of winning people over with their argument?

Do you not think it'll be more credible coming from her as opposed to RP? Think about it.

The_Horde
Watch out troll about.

What's wrong with getting him out and then worrying about that?

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 08:07 PM
The only thing that bothers him is cutting off funds, without these he is nothing,we can have him dancing to our tune.

Captain Trips
29-05-2014, 08:07 PM

That is total nonsense.

Effectivley said? really? and you state nonsense? When did I say that exactly? I meant Rod being there permanetly not in a hand off role. Jeez.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 08:08 PM
The only thing that bothers him is cutting off funds, without these he is nothing,we can have him dancing to our tune.

We can also start next season without a goalkeeper.

hhibs
29-05-2014, 08:08 PM
do you think there could possibly be a reason for that?
:top marks

Gosh ,let me think.:confused:

Some people must be deaf, dumb and blind to what has happened to our club and will continue without the top to bottom clear out and as for believing word one from Mr Petrie, I despair.

Classic divide and rule,do not fall for it........again.

GGTTH

The_Horde
29-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Do you not think it'll be more credible coming from her as opposed to RP? Think about it.

Why would it be more credible? I don't give a **** who it comes from. It's not hard to say "our new CEO is coming in and her duties will be... "

Or even in rod's case: "I'll be taking a step back and becoming non executive chairman. That means I'll no longer be in charge of... And my new responsibilities will be...."

Pete
29-05-2014, 08:09 PM
I get their point about waiting a week. Why not just let Dempster start and have a meeting with her? If you still don't like whats happening then start the ball rolling.

Anything else is jumping the gun in my opinion. What's a week to people?

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 08:10 PM

Exactly, eejits! This just gets worse and worse.

Dobosz83
29-05-2014, 08:13 PM
What are the differences between executive responsibilities and 'non' executive responsibilities? That's my main concern here. Does this criteria change depending on what club or business you are talking about?

Petrie's time is up at this club. The mere presence of him near the stadium makes huge sections of our support froth at the mouth, well, those that are actually going to turn up next season. He simply cannot be here any longer. It's not about what the plans are going forward. It's about removing one individual at this stage and only one.

As for those claiming this is an embarrassment, I get why it comes across this way but we don't have a clue of the ins and outs. The brief or statement comes across as patronizing to those that were there. They will clearly keep there cards close to their chest until the press conference tomorrow, no point giving Petrie and his minions the info up front.

davhibby
29-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Was stupid to rush into a meeting this week, they needed to take a bit of time to get something properly sorted to take into the meeting which now just looks like a waste of time

Peevemor
;4039056']Why would it be more credible? I don't give a **** who it comes from. It's not hard to say "our new CEO is coming in and her duties will be... "

Or even in rod's case: "I'll be taking a step back and becoming non executive chairman. That means I'll no longer be in charge of... And my new responsibilities will be...."

RP can't blink without " 95%" of Hibs supporters going radio rental about it. Any future important statements will come from her.

number 27
I get their point about waiting a week. Why not just let Dempster start and have a meeting with her? If you still don't like whats happening then start the ball rolling.

Anything else is jumping the gun in my opinion. What's a week to people?

The problem is that Petrie will still be here in a week, as long as Petrie is here then a substantial part of the fan base will have no faith in anything Dempster comes up with.

If Petrie goes then Dempster will get a fair hearing.

Steve20
29-05-2014, 08:15 PM
The only person that's done long term damage to the club is Petrie. Anything other than his resignation is unacceptable.

This club is an absolute joke. Rotten to the core.

Pete
29-05-2014, 08:18 PM
The problem is that Petrie will still be here in a week, as long as Petrie is here then a substantial part of the fan base will have no faith in anything Dempster comes up with.

If Petrie goes then Dempster will get a fair hearing.

What if she says that she wants Petrie here for a while to help her? What if a clear timetable is given for his withdrawal?

People need to calm down, listen and act if the new plan is totally unacceptable.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2014, 08:18 PM
I said it would be a waste of time.

Petrie screwed up royally .... he is now a toxic and divisive presence at Easter Road. The first step in Hibs rehabilitation must be his removal. This club needs to move on ... with him around we cant.

Theres too many folk getting chibbed on here by smart alecs because the havnt prepared a 10 point plan for Hibs future post Petrie. Instead of asking them that question, why not ask the owner, that's his bloody job. The trouble is he isn't even prepared to admit theres a problem ... never mind admit its cause.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 08:19 PM
We can also start next season without a goalkeeper.

I can't really follow your analogy mate.

In respect to Petrie many people (me included) don't see that he has anything to offer his successor. The man is a total failure whose 'leadership' which has Hibs in a horrific downward spiral.

The_Horde
29-05-2014, 08:21 PM
RP can't blink without " 95%" of Hibs supporters going radio rental about it. Any future important statements will come from her.

What are you talking about?

The reason that's the case is because he's our chairman. The captain of our ship and he's just guided us off a cliff.

hibeesjoe
29-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Rodders would be better just saying that after Leeann Dempster has settled in he will be resigning fully for the start of the next season or whatever other date he chooses. So long as he owns his 10% then he will always be sticking his beak into the business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

emerald green
29-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Jeez what a total mess our once proud club is in. What a huge task our new CEO has on her hands, whether Petrie is still there or not.

Petrie must go. No doubt about that, but the fans need to give LD a chance, and work with and help her as much as possible. The future of our club is on the line here now IMO.

erskine-hibby
29-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Well never saw that one coming.
With no time to prepare, or coordinate any proposals, the outcome was inevitable.
Petrie, as usual, made sure he held all the cards and the fans are just left looking silly.
Seems to me that talk is cheap and only action will work. What form that action takes? Who knows, but if Petrie won't go on his own volition, then he will have to be pushed.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2014, 08:26 PM
This thread is crawling with posters with very few post counts who are all in favour of keeping Petrie, LTYF. :yw:

Its either that or club infiltrators.

Gus Fring

In respect to Petrie many people (me included) don't see that he has anything to offer his successor. The man is a total failure whose 'leadership' which has Hibs in a horrific downward spiral.

Nobody on here has the slightest clue about how the club is run at that level so the fact that they don't see why he's needed doesn't mean he isn't needed.

He's not going anywhere and the main reason people want him out is because he didn't spend money. So what's the solution? To give him even less money to spend.

Im concerned that people are going to end up mucking this up for us even more by forcing rash decisions and effectively taking the club hostage.

number 27
What if she says that she wants Petrie here for a while to help her? What if a clear timetable is given for his withdrawal?

People need to calm down, listen and act if the new plan is totally unacceptable.

The problem is that I think we are beyond that, his continued presence is damaging the club. It does not really matter what the rights and wrongs are any more, we cannot allow considerations for one mans position and reputation to outweigh the interests of the club. Dempster would be far better off without him.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 08:27 PM

If the club is starved of funds, there'll be no new signings. We are currently without a goalkeeper. Understand now?

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 08:29 PM
This thread is crawling with posters with very few post counts who are all in favour of keeping Petrie, LTYF. :yw:

I agree, s*** stirring jambos some of them no doubt.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 08:29 PM
;4039099']What are you talking about?

The reason that's the case is because he's our chairman. The captain of our ship and he's just guided us off a cliff.

So who would you rather hear about the way forward from? RP or LD?

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 08:30 PM
If the club is starved of funds, there'll be no new signings. We are currently without a goalkeeper. Understand now?

Aye we will be on the level of say, Motherwell , they do no bad !.

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Nobody on here has the slightest clue about how the club is run at that level so the fact that they don't see why he's needed doesn't mean he isn't needed.

He's not going anywhere and the main reason people want him out is because he didn't spend money. So what's the solution? To give him even less money to spend.

Im concerned that people are going to end up mucking this up for us even more by forcing rash decisions and effectively taking the club hostage.

Thank God, somebody talking sense! :top marks

Captain Trips
29-05-2014, 08:33 PM

Is that the case?

Greenblood
29-05-2014, 08:36 PM
It seems completely reasonable to allow Leeann Dempster to take up her position with the club and meet with supporters representatives in her first week.

Mike Riley and Co. seem to be on dodgy ground if they are claiming to have a mandate from 95% of the support. Though my confidence in the board is deflated, I fear this "supporter backed" action could make matters far worse.

What would be the harm in giving Leeann Dempster a few weeks to come in and assess the situation and then outline the way forward?

hibee_nation
29-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I agree, s*** stirring jambos some of them no doubt.

Not yams, some of them are too subtle, i think they are doing a job of making sure RP gets his voice heard on here. :stirrer:

Devine
29-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Do top chief execs really need to learn off the previous failed incumbent? Surely she will have enough belief in her own ability to take on the role from day one in isolation, maybe even a fresh view on things without being hindered by previous perceptions would be a good thing.

But oh no king rod believes he is the saviour of hibs and the man Leann Dempster needs to lean on to 'learn the ropes' what a load of absolute bobbins. Petrie GTF

Maybe the HSA should have had a better plan & not used fabricated (although generally accepted) percentages as that has just played right into the PR machine at Easter road but their primary objective was to get rid of Petrie on this occasion and I'm fine with that tbh.

Captain Trips
TBH I am more concerned at the moment that Butcher is still our manager.

The_Horde
So who would you rather hear about the way forward from? RP or LD?

I'd rather hear the way forward from LD.

I'd like to hear what's currently happening from the man who instigated it all. I want to hear from him what his new role will involve and what tasks he won't be performing anymore.

Gatecrasher
29-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Jesus, all this fannying about to support a football club, wake me up when all the posturing is done and there's something to work towards.

The_Horde
29-05-2014, 08:45 PM
And then I want him to say once the new CEO is bedded in I will be offski.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 08:45 PM
;4039155']I'd rather hear the way forward from LD.

Same as everyone else then I'd imagine.

That's the point I was making.

Alfred E Newman
29-05-2014, 08:50 PM
95 per cent.
I haven't voted.

I'm a Season ticket holder and Hawkhill member and I have not been asked my opinion either. I have no confidence in Butcher and Malpas yet this deputation seem to only want Petrie out. They appear to have charged into this meeting without any proper thought or plan.
Why not wait a week until Dempster takes over? Why not see what her plans for the club are? Who knows, her first job might involve giving Butcher and co their marching orders. We are in one hell of a mess and one more week will make no difference.

The_Horde
29-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Same as everyone else then I'd imagine.

That's the point I was making.

Yes but you've totally missed my point. I'm not asking for the way forward I'm asking what tasks his new role entails and what tasks he's leaving behind.

What I want to hear from LD is what she plans to do differently from what we've done in the past and how she's going to take us forward.

Deansy
29-05-2014, 08:57 PM

And have joined some time ago yet now feel the need to voice an opinion.

ALF TUPPER
29-05-2014, 08:59 PM
RP has stated in his Club message today:

" The groups Leeann is to meet under the Working Together umbrella include Hibernian Supporters Association and its branches, the fan websites, the Former Players Association, the Historical trust, The Hibernians and the Erin Trust. The group has been meeting regularly for the past two years."

Maybe I have this wrong but do we read this ...that the Club wont be recognising todays group at future meetings. ( ie Kano, Pia & Co. ). :cb

Despite associating myself with the letter and RP's departure I'm very uncomfortable at this 95% of Hibs' supporters mandate figure Kano is quoting. :confused:

Come on Rod-P or Leeanne- D ....lets have a Hibernian TV broadcast. So we can all see and hear your views, plans etc/..

IberianHibernian
29-05-2014, 09:02 PM
TBH I am more concerned at the moment that Butcher is still our manager.Same here . Had assumed he`d have resigned by now but who would sack him now ( would RP do it while saying he`s backing down ? ) and who would select successor ? LD who was appointed by RP anyway . A real mess and meanwhile we`re missing out on possible new managers .

WhileTheChief..
29-05-2014, 09:04 PM
At least the board are showing a bit of fight, something sadly lacking for years.

I've heard Paul Kane go on about Petrie on the radio before and gotta say i was never impressed. I can't really imagine the meeting being very constructive and was probably just a bit of a rant.

I'm happy to wait a few days and see what LD has to say. Hopefully starting with TB being told to go which is far more important to me.

Rocky
29-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Or regular readers, infrequent posters, who are worried that the blood lust mob mentality isn't going to do our club any good and feel there's value in putting their views across?

We have a new chief executive starting in a matter of days, a commitment that she'll meet with fans groups, a commitment that we'll have news about the future of the club within the week. And now a group that is creating division amongst us - as evidenced by the aggressive response on here to anyone who is perceived as a Rod sympathiser.

i can wait a week. If I'm not happy after that I'd like to see a well organised challenge from a group that has a clear mandate to represent all of us (or a majority at least)

Westie1875
29-05-2014, 09:18 PM
TBH I am more concerned at the moment that Butcher is still our manager.

Yep, me too, really thought he'd be gone by now.

greenlex
29-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Need to show a bit of patience -effectively he is off . The ropes at ER are broken. Can we have the ones from Fir Park please. Just a timescale from his departure from the board will do me. The sooner the better please. Times long been up. Just go.

Kato
29-05-2014, 09:25 PM

Rod's plan is to make himself invisible when the only way protect his investment is to make himself absent.

Kato
29-05-2014, 09:32 PM

People aren't angry about the amount - it's the amount squandered season after season and hanging manager after manager out to dry.

Bishop Hibee
29-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Anyone on here who wants any fans' group to work with Petrie must be joking. The guy is a failure when it comes to advancing Hibs on the field.

He needs to exit the club and if he does own 10%, he needs to name his price.

Speedway
29-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Different Diddies each time.

Proof, were any needed, that no matter how bad a job the 'professionals' make of running our club, the peasants will always be revolting.

TornadoHibby
29-05-2014, 09:43 PM
So Rod is handing over control on Monday to leann Dempster with him taking a role on the side lines whilst the changes are implemented? This is something the club said a few weeks ago.

Asking Rod to resign prior to this happenning is naive and ignorant. No doubt he'll leave once the handover is done anyway. A very slapdash and immature performance from the fan's "representatives" here.

You sir, sound far too formal in your words to be a "renegade" fan and if you are playing an unsettling game here than that does stink of a bit of panic and "what the ell are we gonna do now then Rod"! :agree:

Disappointing if this proves to be the case! :wink:

My apologies if I'm way off the mark though! :wink: :greengrin

RIP
29-05-2014, 09:45 PM
The PR company come out with a poorly worded 'Divide and Rule' statement.

The WT group may have met for 2 years. Only snag is that Petrie never turned up.

Working Together or corporate PR?

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 09:45 PM

Yeah I noticed that. Bizarre behaviour.

stoneyburn hibs
29-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Butcher is still here, Petrie will still be pulling the strings in whatever guise.

Nothing changes.

The Green Goblin
29-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I can understand the concern over potential attendances next year, but that bit about fans potentially hurting the team by not going to ER, right after years of poor football and squads full of crap journeymen have finally culminated in a disastrous relegation.... I mean, that is breath-taking. Yet again, it's all put on the fans.

It's a patronising thing to say and demonstrates a very poor lack of faith in a core support who have taken umpteen kicks in the sacks for years, yet who always turn up and are still there when it matters, last Sunday being the latest in a long line of such examples. The message of "if you don't give us your money, we'll suffer", is a moot point. The club is already suffering.

It has failed to use that money wisely in the last few years, football-wise, but here they are asking for the fans to fork out blindly yet again to fund undoubtedly even more failure. They have lost the plot. I'll be putting money into Hibs next year again as will many others who don't want to see things get even worse, but I don't trust the current custodians at any level to use it well, and to hold that over our heads in that statement is patronising and pathetic.

TornadoHibby
29-05-2014, 09:59 PM

Good Board level management deal with business issues like duff line or section management swiftly otherwise it costs a fortune! :agree:

Go Figure!! :wink:

Tyler Durden
29-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm a Season ticket holder and Hawkhill member and I have not been asked my opinion either. I have no confidence in Butcher and Malpas yet this deputation seem to only want Petrie out. They appear to have charged into this meeting without any proper thought or plan.
Why not wait a week until Dempster takes over? Why not see what her plans for the club are? Who knows, her first job might involve giving Butcher and co their marching orders. We are in one hell of a mess and one more week will make no difference.

I think you (and others) are jumping the gun. This statement is from Hibs and let's face it, Rods point of view.

Has the "group of 4" actually quoted this 95% figure publicly? Why should the group share their plans with Petrie? They are having a press conference tomorrow so let's wait to hear what the plans are.

Personally I have seen enough statements (or recap in this case) from Petrie. Why can he not step aside and appoint another non exec chairman? If he set a date for doing so and had a 2/3 week period to handover to Dempster, I'm sure we'd all be satisfied. He has his own interests at heart, not Hibs.

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 10:05 PM
If the club is starved of funds, there'll be no new signings. We are currently without a goalkeeper. Understand now?If he goes, it winnae be, simple really.

He is the problem for most folk who winnae be parting with their dosh and he has already done and is doing mair damage than any supporter ever has or will just by being here now, unfortunately his ego and ain self interest will stop him going so we have a problem. He goes or mair fans than already have gone over the last 7 season will go and I count myself in that number now.

Tyler Durden
29-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I can understand the concern over potential attendances next year, but that bit about fans potentially hurting the team by not going to ER, right after years of poor football and squads full of crap journeymen have finally culminated in a disastrous relegation.... I mean, that is breath-taking. Yet again, it's all put on the fans.

It's a patronising thing to say and demonstrates a very poor lack of faith in a core support who have taken umpteen kicks in the sacks for years, yet who always turn up and are still there when it matters, last Sunday being the latest in a long line of such examples. The message of "if you don't give us your money, we'll suffer", is a moot point. The club is already suffering.

It has failed to use that money wisely in the last few years, football-wise, but here they are asking for the fans to fork out blindly yet again to fund undoubtedly even more failure. They have lost the plot. I'll be putting money into Hibs next year again as will many others who don't want to see things get even worse, but I don't trust the current custodians at any level to use it well, and to hold that over our heads in that statement is patronising and pathetic.

Absolutely agree, although myself and others will call their bluff and withhold cash if Petrie remains. As per the Hibs.net letter that is the reality, Petrie is holding the club back.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 10:07 PM

Its not that he didn't spend money. Its that he is totally and utterly incompetent in running our football club. Given the budget his decision making and therefore record of achievement is appalling.

Bishop Hibee
29-05-2014, 10:16 PM

Superb post which articulates my view succinctly.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Well we do have two goalkeepers at the club and maybe we will even see one of them promoted to the senior team this season.

On your substantive point I would suggest that if Rod really cared about our club he would fall on his sword and prevent the kind of scenario you describe. But maybe he thinks he done a fine job and he has some sort of right to remain in which case he is delusional and not fit to be running any sort of organisation. I just think he has run out of time if you think differently that is your right.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 10:36 PM
If he goes, it winnae be, simple really.

He is the problem for most folk who winnae be parting with their dosh and he has already done and is doing mair damage than any supporter ever has or will just by being here now, unfortunately his ego and ain self interest will stop him going so we have a problem. He goes or mair fans than already have gone over the last 7 season will go and I count myself in that number now.

I think you are right Petrie is the one doing the real damage to our club. His constant attempts to infer that anyone who doesn't support his disastrous rule are the problem is insulting and pathetic. I would add that Farmer's continued support for him has become a disgraceful dereliction of duty on his part.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Well we do have two goalkeepers at the club and maybe we will even see one of them promoted to the senior team this season.

On your substantive point I would suggest that if Rod really cared about our club he would fall on his sword and prevent the kind of scenario you describe. But maybe he thinks he done a fine job and he has some sort of right to remain in which case he is delusional and not fit to be running any sort of organisation. I just think he has run out of time if you think differently that is your right.

Actually I don't think differently, but I'm not STF or RP so it doesn't really matter.

JimmyL
29-05-2014, 10:57 PM

To be fair supporters "starving the club" really started in 2007, millions in transfer fees recieved and :confused:replaced by duds for free. Crowds have been poor since but no acknowledgement of this or why!

dmc1875
29-05-2014, 11:00 PM
What a horrendous situation we find ourselves in. We need to back the team now more than ever. Sorry this group have no real plan, mike riley does not speak for me, and we are going to cause untold havoc on our club when it needs us most during this terrible transition

joebakerforever
29-05-2014, 11:01 PM

So what will the Season Ticket cash already received be used for ?

Was it not intended to be utilised on the playing side of the business ?

If you are implying that the ST sales prior to relegation were negligible, please inform us as to how much money has actually been raised so far via this route.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Actually I don't think differently, but I'm not STF or RP so it doesn't really matter.

Well you should not accept that you are powerless. I think the supporters (people like you and me) actually hold all the aces. If we refuse to participate then Petrie will be gone very quickly.

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 11:04 PM
So what will the Season Ticket cash already received be used for ?

Was it not intended to be utilised on the playing side of the business ?

If you are implying that the ST sales prior to relegation were negligible, please inform us as to how much money has actually been raised so far via this route.

I've absolutely no idea, but I'd be surprised if sales aren't well down on previous years.

dmc1875
29-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Well you should not accept that you are powerless. I think the supporters (people like you and me) actually hold all the aces. If we refuse to participate then Petrie will be gone very quickly.

Or he won't... And then what? We all contribute to ruining us as a club?

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 11:05 PM

I don't think he's going to be too bothered about losing my Hibs TV subscription.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 11:07 PM
The PR company come out with a poorly worded 'Divide and Rule' statement.

The WT group may have met for 2 years. Only snag is that Petrie never turned up.

Working Together or corporate PR?

I wouldn't blame anyone for participating but RP used this as window dressing.

joebakerforever
29-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I've absolutely no idea, but I'd be surprised if sales aren't well down on previous years.

So to previously suggest that there might not be any new signings through "cash starvation" is without hard facts .

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Or he won't... And then what? We all contribute to ruining us as a club?

You obviously believe that things can get better with him hanging around. That's fine however my view is if RP remains he remains in control (he might be a back seat driver but he will call the shots) and that means HE continues to ruin us as a club - that is the lesson of our recent history.

Crazyhorse
29-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't think he's going to be too bothered about losing my Hibs TV subscription.

That's fine we have different views. If most people take your view he will be around for a few more years. I think he is the canker at the heart of the club and will not put any more money in until he is gone. If most people take my view I believe he will be forced out. I don't really see spending money on Hibs as giving money to the club any more I see it as giving money to sustain RP's disastrous rule.

Iain G
29-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Well never saw that one coming.
With no time to prepare, or coordinate any proposals, the outcome was inevitable.
Petrie, as usual, made sure he held all the cards and the fans are just left looking silly.
Seems to me that talk is cheap and only action will work. What form that action takes? Who knows, but if Petrie won't go on his own volition, then he will have to be pushed.

They should never have gone into a meeting with the club unprepared and should have taken and asked for the time to get their thoughts and plans in place before hand as you do for any important meeting. I have no doubt that there were good intentions but to appeal to the Hibs board at least some kind of outline plan as to how they suggest the club moving forward would have been sensible and useful to the converastion.

As it is the club has LD coming on board to take up the day to day running, they are showing some kind of intent that the day to day running of the club will now be her responsibility.

jacomo
29-05-2014, 11:39 PM

Season ticket sales are likely to be well off. The club should accept this reality now and do something. We are in a real crisis here.

I feel sorry for Leean D walking into this mess. She's got a real job on here.

Nailrod
29-05-2014, 11:46 PM
The meeting began with Paul, Mike and Kenny outlining that they had a mandate from 95% of Hibernian supporters and all Hibernian groups...Did they though? Or did they say they believed they were speaking for 95% of supporters? How could they possibly claim to have 'a mandate' when no election or poll of the full support has taken place.

There's a subtle but very important difference between "I have a mandate from 95%..." and "I believe I represent the views of 95%..."

The Club statement stinks of political spin. It's clearly intended to undermine the fans' attendees and make them appear ridiculous. It's no surprise that Petrie was accompanied by his spin doctor.

This is exactly the kind of loathsome politicking I would expect from Petrie. Christ I despise the man. If he had a shred of integrity he would have gone of his own accord. He wouldn't need to nitpick with fans' representatives about whether they had a mandate from 95% of the fans or not.

gegs70
29-05-2014, 11:46 PM
They should never have gone into a meeting with the club unprepared and should have taken and asked for the time to get their thoughts and plans in place before hand as you do for any important meeting. I have no doubt that there were good intentions but to appeal to the Hibs board at least some kind of outline plan as to how they suggest the club moving forward would have been sensible and useful to the converastion.

As it is the club has LD coming on board to take up the day to day running, they are showing some kind of intent that the day to day running of the club will now be her responsibility.

Agree Iain they went in with only one intention resignation of Petrie. Although Leanne is not in place and they seem to already have an idea of the changes that will be made? Sounds a wee bit strange? Withholding funds to would affect the club and Im not sure that this would be a good idea on top of that I alkready have paid for my season tickets!!

Lester B
30-05-2014, 12:44 AM
It seems we are all intent in ripping into each other here. That is how far we have sunk. I claim no moral high ground. Elsewhere on another thread I am doing the same. The next few weeks are crucial and it's only just begun. One thought occurs. The meeting was perhaps not as ill thought out as some are suggesting. They raised one issue to Petrie: Will you go? He said no. They can now legitimately take further action to seek to remove him having asked him face to face to walk. Maybe I am being naive here? Time will tell I guess.

But reading the statement one thing flies out at me. 'The Club expressed its deep concern'. The Club. Petrie, Forsyth and Langham in other words. These men are not the Club. They never will be. They just work there at the moment. They take money from the Club. We give money to the Club. It is ours as far as we are concerned and the battle over its future has, I fear, just begun.

I'm off to bed.....

Lester B
30-05-2014, 12:47 AM
Did they though? Or did they say they believed they were speaking for 95% of supporters? How could they possibly claim to have 'a mandate' when no election or poll of the full support has taken place.

There's a subtle but very important difference between "I have a mandate from 95%..." and "I believe I represent the views of 95%..."

The Club statement stinks of political spin. It's clearly intended to undermine the fans' attendees and make them appear ridiculous. It's no surprise that Petrie was accompanied by his spin doctor.

This is exactly the kind of loathsome politicking I would expect from Petrie. Christ I despise the man. If he had a shred of integrity he would have gone of his own accord. He wouldn't need to nitpick with fans' representatives about whether they had a mandate from 95% of the fans or not.

I really must stop giving you :top marks

Absolute bulls eye though. The statement would make Alistair Campbell blush.

Nailrod
30-05-2014, 01:35 AM
I really must stop giving you :top marks Absolute bulls eye though. The statement would make Alistair Campbell blush.
Thanks. I agree 100% with your post as well. I do not think the meeting was ill thought out. As far as I am concerned, if the representatives went into that meeting and told Petrie they wanted him out, and had nothing more to say on the matter, then they have done everything I would have wanted of them.

I have no interest in talking to Petrie, I have no interest in listening to him. I have no interest in his plans and schemes and roles going forward. Any fans' representative who wants to engage in a debate with Petrie is not representing my views. There is only one message I want to get across to Petrie:

As the leader of our club you have been an abject failure. At a time when the club could have and should have been riding the crest of a wave, you have dragged us into relegation, in the most humiliating circumstances imaginable. If a Hearts supporter had drawn up a blueprint called "My ideal scenario for Hibs going down" it would have contained pretty much every element of the reality. You have nothing to offer the club going forward except your resignation.

It is a measure of Petrie that if he can split the support down the middle and get us all at each other's throats, that will represent a 'victory' for him. That will be his 'victory'. That is the kind of person who has been running our club for the best part of twenty years.

Your reference to Alasdair Campbell is very apposite. The person that Petrie most reminds me of is Tony Blair. A man whose only interest is himself.

Captain Trips
30-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks. I agree 100% with your post as well. I do not think the meeting was ill thought out. As far as I am concerned, if the representatives went into that meeting and told Petrie they wanted him out, and had nothing more to say on the matter, then they have done everything I would have wanted of them.

I have no interest in talking to Petrie, I have no interest in listening to him. I have no interest in his plans and schemes and roles going forward. Any fans' representative who wants to engage in a debate with Petrie is not representing my views. There is only one message I want to get across to Petrie:

As the leader of our club you have been an abject failure. At a time when the club could have and should have been riding the crest of a wave, you have dragged us into relegation, in the most humiliating circumstances imaginable. If a Hearts supporter had drawn up a blueprint called "My ideal scenario for Hibs going down" it would have contained pretty much every element of the reality. You have nothing to offer the club going forward except your resignation.

It is a measure of Petrie that if he can split the support down the middle and get us all at each other's throats, that will represent a 'victory' for him. That will be his 'victory'. That is the kind of person who has been running our club for the best part of twenty years.

Your reference to Alasdair Campbell is very apposite. The person that Petrie most reminds me of is Tony Blair. A man whose only interest is himself.

Correct.

Iain G
30-05-2014, 02:21 AM
Did they though? Or did they say they believed they were speaking for 95% of supporters? How could they possibly claim to have 'a mandate' when no election or poll of the full support has taken place.

Until we get a report on the meeting from the other side this is all conjecture of course. If, and I am saying if, they did go in underprepared and hadnt considered how they could pitch this meeting effectively and positively for ths future of Hibs then it would be a good opportunity lost. This could and should be about all of us pulling together to get our beloved football team on an even keel and pushing fwd and upwards. Like i said, maybe an opportuinity lost to take some first steps forward if the meeting went as reported.

Nailrod
30-05-2014, 02:48 AM
Until we get a report on the meeting from the other side this is all conjecture of course. If, and I am saying if, they did go in underprepared and hadnt considered how they could pitch this meeting effectively and positively for ths future of Hibs then it would be a good opportunity lost. This could and should be about all of us pulling together to get our beloved football team on an even keel and pushing fwd and upwards. Like I said, maybe an opportunity lost to take some first steps forward if the meeting went as reported.It is possible that the guys who went in yesterday claimed they had "a mandate". If they did, then their choice of words was unwise, and inaccurate. I don't know if any of them are lawyers, or politicians (well I know Kano isn't). They may not appreciate the subtle but important difference between "I have a mandate from 95% of the support" and "I believe I am speaking for 95% of the support".

But Petrie and his pet smearmonger certainly know the difference. If the guys didn't claim to have "a mandate", then the club's statement is an ugly and deliberate attempt to misrepresent and smear them. Nothing less than I would expect from Petrie.

Either way, it's of secondary importance to me. No fans' representative who wants to represent my views needs to "go in well-prepared" or "pitch this meeting effectively and positively for the future of Hibs..."

They just need to tell Petrie that I want him out, and I have no interest whatsoever in anything further he has to say on the subject of Hibernian Football Club.

JPrinty
30-05-2014, 03:33 AM
A lot of people seem caught up on the claim that this goup have the backing of 95% of supporters. Just like to point out that on 2 polls on here one shows 85% wanting rid of Petrie and the other shows 92% wanting rid. Are they that far off the mark?

Dashing Bob S
30-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Petrie and the club can put out as much pathetic spin and propaganda as they like, it's only making them look even more foolish than ever.

People have had enough of his nonsense and until he's gone ST sales will be negligible.

Nailrod
30-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Or he won't... And then what? We all contribute to ruining us as a club?Well it would make a change from Petrie doing it all on his own.

RIP
30-05-2014, 05:07 AM
Petrie and the club can put out as much pathetic spin and propaganda as they like, it's only making them look even more foolish than ever.

People have had enough of his nonsense and until he's gone ST sales will be negligible.

This.

We are the club. These imposters are merely the current incumbents. They have failed the club.

We will not tolerate them trying to split the support as they desperately cling to power. We must not play their game.

Chuck Rhoades
30-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Planned protest must now be on the cards.

DunblaneHibby
30-05-2014, 05:51 AM
That's fine we have different views. If most people take your view he will be around for a few more years. I think he is the canker at the heart of the club and will not put any more money in until he is gone. If most people take my view I believe he will be forced out. I don't really see spending money on Hibs as giving money to the club any more I see it as giving money to sustain RP's disastrous rule.

Couldn't agree more

Moon unit
30-05-2014, 06:10 AM
It seems we are all intent in ripping into each other here. That is how far we have sunk. I claim no moral high ground. Elsewhere on another thread I am doing the same. The next few weeks are crucial and it's only just begun. One thought occurs. The meeting was perhaps not as ill thought out as some are suggesting. They raised one issue to Petrie: Will you go? He said no. They can now legitimately take further action to seek to remove him having asked him face to face to walk. Maybe I am being naive here? Time will tell I guess.

But reading the statement one thing flies out at me. 'The Club expressed its deep concern'. The Club. Petrie, Forsyth and Langham in other words. These men are not the Club. They never will be. They just work there at the moment. They take money from the Club. We give money to the Club. It is ours as far as we are concerned and the battle over its future has, I fear, just begun.

I'm off to bed.....

best post in ....years!..:top marks

Keith_M
30-05-2014, 06:29 AM
First up, my position remains that I think Petrie's time has passed and should go, however.....

The group that met with Petrie do NOT represent the Hibs support. They are a hastily arranged group that appear to have gone into this with no preparation and without canvassing the views of the Hibs support first.

You do NOT represent the views of 95% of the Hibs support. You just made up that figure. You actually do a disservice to the rest of us by presenting some views that we might share in an ill thought out manner.

Drem
30-05-2014, 06:38 AM

Well said, very sensible comment.

WHUHibs
30-05-2014, 06:38 AM
I have no idea what plans the group have but I do know Simon Pia and he is nobody's fool. I actually think it's quite clever having the meeting prior to the CEO coming in! Imagine if it had happened after she had everyone would say give her a chance allowing Rod to hide in the background. This was an opportunity to make feelings felt and the statement from the board was embarrassing.

Whatever the 4 have in mind I'm sure it has a plan and we can decide to support or not. I know it will have more substance than the mythical 5 year plan which failed to materialise. I'm disgusted about the statement about staving the club, we the fans can only effect change by making a stance! I haven't renewed and will decide based on what happens.

I have blindly supported the club I love but by making my own stance in my way gives me a feeling of doing something. The money wasted by Rod on crap players has more affect than my £600!

WHUHibs
30-05-2014, 06:41 AM
First up, my position remains that I think Petrie's time has passed and should go, however.....

The group that met with Petrie do NOT represent the Hibs support. They are a hastily arranged group that appear to have gone into this with no preparation and without canvassing the views of the Hibs support first.

You do NOT represent the views of 95% of the Hibs support. You just made up that figure. You actually do a disservice to the rest of us by presenting some views that we might share in an ill thought out manner.

How long do you wait to canvass as many people as possible? How do you know they said the 95% ? It's only Forsyth putting out the statement first to get in quickly! This has been his tactic at Benchmark communications since he was brought to the club.

Let's see what the statement from the four before we make a judgement then we can base an opinion on a balanced view.

bawheid
30-05-2014, 06:44 AM
The one thing the Gang of Four have in their favour is Simon Pia. He's a good journalist and will not only be able to cut through Petrie's spin (the 95%) he'll be articulate enough to call him out on it properly.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out today.

TowerHibs
30-05-2014, 06:45 AM

probably the best post ive read on here concerning all this

TowerHibs
30-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Like to look a the thread before the meeting saying the 4 guys must not be caught out with Rod's spin or with Forsyth's influence. Yet as soon as a statement from them come out then the very same posters are up in arms with the language in it and how the 4 guys are not speaking for them.

Lets see what actually comes out the 4 guys mouth today and react to that. As someone said above, the polls on here along make around 80-90% that people want RP out. If you are saying this doesnt represent you, then vote and you will influence things!!!! The 4 do not have a mandate to act but only way we know that was said was through the club......from the board who have misled and wasted OUR money for the past 7 years

erskine-hibby
30-05-2014, 07:08 AM
A few years ago now I was up for disciplinary action at my work. Being in a position of responsibility I was willing to accept that the buck, ultimately, stopped at me. What I didn't accept was that I was actually guilty of any misdemeanour directly. I was given my punishment and accepted it, reluctantly. When I recieved the letter outlining what had been discussed and what the outcome was I was shocked to read what, they believed, was said and agreed. Needless to say I appealed. I was dragged up to another hearing, to say that the person taking this was a bit peeved would be putting it mildly, to explain why I actually appealed after accepting what was proposed. I explained, yet again, my position that, yes I was ultimately responsible, but not directly guilty of what was said.
"it's all just semantics" I was told. Words, though, and the way they are written can make a big difference to how others view things. In other words, how do we know that what was discussed was printed word for word by the club? It's mot like the club would put a spin on things, would it?

Jack
30-05-2014, 07:11 AM

The issue is not about the plans of the fab 4 or Rod Petrie for our future as a club. Its about the plan Rod Petrie was working with upto this point which has seen us with 4 consecutive bottom 6 finishes, a string of humiliating defeats, the sacking of a string of managers who were successful previous to coming to Hibs and ultimately relegation. He has to go.

I can't believe this was in his actual plan so any plan he was working to was a failure. Rod has failed. There is no indication from his track record to indicate footballing success in the future, no matter what his plan for that is. He has to go.

The club needs a strategic change of direction and it would seem there are very few supporters see Rod as the man capable of leading us there. He has to go.

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 07:21 AM
The issue is not about the plans of the fab 4 or Rod Petrie for our future as a club. Its about the plan Rod Petrie was working with upto this point which has seen us with 4 consecutive bottom 6 finishes, a string of humiliating defeats, the sacking of a string of managers who were successful previous to coming to Hibs and ultimately relegation. He has to go.

I can't believe this was in his actual plan so any plan he was working to was a failure. Rod has failed. There is no indication from his track record to indicate footballing success in the future, no matter what his plan for that is. He has to go.

The club needs a strategic change of direction and it would seem there are very few supporters see Rod as the man capable of leading us there. He has to go.

:top marksWe must be on plan Z by now !.

Lester B
30-05-2014, 07:30 AM

Who just made up that figure? What is the source for it? The club official statement. Spin by Petrie flunkies. Nowhere else. I had an invite to the press conference today but looks like I can't make it unfortunately. I would be astonished if they use 95% or any other figure at that.

As I said earlier in this thread, I believe the meeting was essentially to establish once and for all from Petrie directly that he has no intention of going anywhere. Hasty? No. Timely.

This group are now free to truly establish the views of the support on the way forward. I don't know Simon Pia except via his work. He is a Hibs fan and no mug. Ask him and spin boy Forsyth about any Hibs player in the last 30 years and only one would have to Google it. It wouldn't be Pia.

You have the choice to support this or not. We all have. But until you hear from them directly and not filtered through the club statement then your reaction is ill thought out and hasty not theirs. They have as yet made nothing in the way of a substantial statement and that will change today. It won't answer every question but I hope the debate is now well and truly open.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2014, 07:32 AM
The only way to get Petrie and ultimately Farmer out the club is by protests and boycotts. Yesterday proved ONCE AGAIN that he does not listen, or indeed give a toss about what the VAST majority of the supporters think.

Now you can say things like its Hibs, its just what i do, then i'm sorry but then you are part of the problem. Carry on giving these clowns your money is giving them carte blanche to bend you over each and every week.

There comes a time when you have to stand up and say enough is enough. Protests and friendly protests at Petries house should be the first thing on the agenda, along with buying nothing from the club shop. And season tickets should not be bought until such times as that man is as far away as possible.

Yes the team might suffer in the short term, but as we can all see now. In the long term with Petrie in the club the club will always be on its arse.

Doing nothing is not an option now.

Phil D. Rolls
30-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 07:38 AM
The only way to get Petrie and ultimately Farmer out the club is by protests and boycotts. Yesterday proved ONCE AGAIN that he does not listen, or indeed give a toss about what the VAST majority of the supporters think.

Now you can say things like its Hibs, its just what i do, then i'm sorry but then you are part of the problem. Carry on giving these clowns your money is giving them carte blanche to bend you over each and every week.

There comes a time when you have to stand up and say enough is enough. Protests and friendly protests at Petries house should be the first thing on the agenda, along with buying nothing from the club shop. And season tickets should not be bought until such times as that man is as far away as possible.

Yes the team might suffer in the short term, but as we can all see now. In the long term with Petrie in the club the club will always be on its arse.

To true, you would think the only way is up but not with this clown in charge, all he wants is to retain power but will not do so even if by doing that the club might prosper and the value of his holdings go up ! he's not clever he's not even stupid he's deluded.

RIP
30-05-2014, 07:46 AM
The Hibs Board have proven once again that they hear yet do not listen

They have chosen yet again to allow their spin doctor to turn our club into a war of attrition

If they genuinely had any concern for the welfare of Hibernian they would hold a board meeting and ask Rod Petrie to resign - for the good of the club

His position is untenable. The longer he stays - the more damage will be done to Hibernian FC

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-05-2014, 07:46 AM

Totally agree with this mate.

Supporter's blind loyalty is an embattled hierarchy's biggest weapon, and unfortnuately too many fans allow blind loyalty to make them , however implicitly, to support the hierarchy.

Im not renewing at the moment. Its not even particuarly anti-Petrie (although i agree i should go, even if he is 100% convinced he is not the problem, the fact is most fans now think that he is, and he should be big enough to recognise that he is now part of the problem, however unfair that might seem to him (and Farmer)). I just want the club to make me want to renew my ST.

Blind loyalty breeds complacency, and im not having a go at fans, but surely everyone can recognise that witholding money is the only effective weapon fans have. Im not saying dont give it to the club eventually (i very much hope to renew), but im not handing it over just now because that would, in my opinion, be an endorsement of the club.

TornadoHibby
30-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Who just made up that figure? What is the source for it? The club official statement. Spin by Petrie flunkies. Nowhere else. I had an invite to the press conference today but looks like I can't make it unfortunately. I would be astonished if they use 95% or any other figure at that.

As I said earlier in this thread, I believe the meeting was essentially to establish once and for all from Petrie directly that he has no intention of going anywhere. Hasty? No. Timely.

This group are now free to truly establish the views of the support on the way forward. I don't know Simon Pia except via his work. He is a Hibs fan and no mug. Ask him and spin boy Forsyth about any Hibs player in the last 30 years and only one would have to Google it. It wouldn't be Pia.

You have the choice to support this or not. We all have. But until you hear from them directly and not filtered through the club statement then your reaction is ill thought out and hasty not theirs. They have as yet made nothing in the way of a substantial statement and that will change today. It won't answer every question but I hope the debate is now well and truly open.

Good post! :agree:

Sounds like a plan! :wink:

Lester B
30-05-2014, 07:48 AM

I understand the argument. Your post reeks of official club spin. You are not Forsyth but you might as well be. Read subsequent posts on this thread. Do you stand by these statements quoted above? If you do then deal with the points made by me, Nailrod and others about the meeting. I'll give you an intelligent response to that. I suspect others will too.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Like to look a the thread before the meeting saying the 4 guys must not be caught out with Rod's spin or with Forsyth's influence. Yet as soon as a statement from them come out then the very same posters are up in arms with the language in it and how the 4 guys are not speaking for them.

Lets see what actually comes out the 4 guys mouth today and react to that. As someone said above, the polls on here along make around 80-90% that people want RP out. If you are saying this doesnt represent you, then vote and you will influence things!!!! The 4 do not have a mandate to act but only way we know that was said was through the club......from the board who have misled and wasted OUR money for the past 7 years

Seriously... let us not make this guy out to be some sort of Alastair Campbell. Hibs PR and corporate comms have been pathetic for years. He is a massive part of the problem, in my opinion.

Lester B
30-05-2014, 07:51 AM

My god there is hope. I read something you wrote and agree with it :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 07:53 AM

If the club's statement is wrong, Mike Reilly and Kano should issue a press statement.

It would be in the online versions in seconds.

If they don't do so, we should assume the club is telling the truth.

NOLA
30-05-2014, 07:54 AM
best start to the day when people on the bus look at you for LOL Rod Petrie ‏@RodPetrie1875 (https://twitter.com/RodPetrie1875) 37m (https://twitter.com/RodPetrie1875/status/472275350232518656)Paul Kane is a ****er

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 08:00 AM
If the club's statement is wrong, Mike Reilly and Kano should issue a press statement.

Im'e sure there will be one after the meeting today. telling the truth jeezo !.

WHUHibs
30-05-2014, 08:01 AM

Don't agree! Having been heavily involved with PR agencies an emotional reaction to something which is not correct can be damaging. A measured response within a timeframe can be more effective.

I have no idea if Hibs statement is true but I am prepared to wager its spin,,I have met Forsyth on many occasions and know from experience who I would rather believe! Why would Hibs put out an immediate statement after the meeting where Rod was asked to resign? The answer is quite clear, get the initiative !

Well Mr Petrie, your times coming and you won't weasel out of it this time!

aob4green
30-05-2014, 08:11 AM
What a brass neck Petrie has suggesting starving the club will cause long term damage. Sundays result was the culmination of years of striving for mediocrity. All brought about by one man and his complete lack of drive, verve and ambition in leading hibernian.

I didn't think I could be any more raging after Sundays result but I'm close.

The main thing at this time is that we as a group of supporters stick together in spring those leading the change, be it Riley, Kane, McLean, Pia or whoever.

The main objective of all who have the best interests of hibs at heart has to firstly be the removal of Petrie. This will be a long road but ultimately one worth taking of the result is a board with ambition who realise we will never again be taken for the mugs we have been.

The club statement quoting the 95% is a classic tactic to divide and conquer. Don't buy it. Stick together on this.

Petrie Out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

aob4green
30-05-2014, 08:12 AM
What a brass neck Petrie has suggesting starving the club will cause long term damage. Sundays result was the culmination of years of striving for mediocrity. All brought about by one man and his complete lack of drive, verve and ambition in leading hibernian.

I didn't think I could be any more raging after Sundays result but I'm close.

The main thing at this time is that we as a group of supporters stick together in spring those leading the change, be it Riley, Kane, McLean, Pia or whoever.

The main objective of all who have the best interests of hibs at heart has to firstly be the removal of Petrie. This will be a long road but ultimately one worth taking of the result is a board with ambition who realise we will never again be taken for the mugs we have been.

The club statement quoting the 95% is a classic tactic to divide and conquer. Don't buy it. Stick together on this.

Petrie Out.

I meant 'support' those leading the change. Sorry! !

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Im'e sure there will be one after the meeting today. telling the truth jeezo !.

The only version of events we have seen has not been disputed by anyone in attendance despite there being ample opportunity to do so.

What would they be lying about? The 95% quote?

That would be a stupid thing to make up in the first sentence of their statement. If it wasn't said, it would have been refuted by now as it damages Reilly and Kane's credibility.

At least I would have refuted it by now and asked for an apology.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Don't agree! Having been heavily involved with PR agencies an emotional reaction to something which is not correct can be damaging. A measured response within a timeframe can be more effective.

I have no idea if Hibs statement is true but I am prepared to wager its spin,,I have met Forsyth on many occasions and know from experience who I would rather believe! Why would Hibs put out an immediate statement after the meeting where Rod was asked to resign? The answer is quite clear, get the initiative !

Well Mr Petrie, your times coming and you won't weasel out of it this time!

Until such time as Mike Reilly says that the 95% quote is a lie, that is what 95% of people will believe was said. (See what I did there?)

Presumably putting out an early statement to grab the initiative was an option for both sides in the debate?

WHUHibs
30-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Until such time as Mike Reilly says that the 95% quote is a lie, that is what 95% of people will believe was said. (See what I did there?)

Presumably putting out an early statement to grab the initiative was an option for both sides in the debate?

Possibly it was but Simon is a bright guy who I'm sure will have a PR plan.

The 95% equally could have been taken out of context or said in the heat of the moment when Rod did not rise to the bait!

Interesting to see the statement when it comes out and then we can judge it. However, pr spin can latch onto people who might not be particularly good orators and blow a comment out of all proportion to start dividing opinion. Sad but I would rather focus on Petrie leaving and put pressure on him rather than defend comments that may or may not have been made !:greengrin

greenpaper55
30-05-2014, 09:25 AM

Ok, lets call it 89% , is that good enough for you or 91% ! does it make any difference ?, i know who has the Hibs fans concerns as their main priority and it aint RP.

Hibbyradge
30-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Ok, lets call it 89% , is that good enough for you or 91% ! does it make any difference ?, i know who has the Hibs fans concerns as their main priority and it aint RP.

So why are you saying that the statement is a lie? :confused:

And why are you having a go at me? You don't even know what my views are.

GreenPJ
30-05-2014, 10:12 AM

Surely the first thing is to identify an alternative solution? We drive Petrie and Farmer out of the Club and lets face it any wouldbe investor would sit there and think I don't want my house being bombarded by demonstrations/volatile fanbase etc etc why would I want to invest in them.

I think we all want the same thing but for me the relevant associations and fans groups should be working together to come up with some external investment committment along with fan investment committment and then go along to Dempster and say this is here and available but on the basis of the removal of the Chairman at very least in the first instance.

greenlex
30-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Lastly when you can't understand the argument try and come up with something more constructive than "we should start by getting rid of you"... If Petrie cannot see that him remaining a board member going forward is hugely damaging to the club then he isn't as intelligent as I give him credit for. Surely he can see this? I think the vast majority of fans just want Leanne Dempster to come in and get on with it free from any interference whatsoever form Rod Petrie. He needs to be away from any influence on any decisions regards the club. He is not trusted and his presence is divisive and toxic. We need to stand together to recover from this shambles. His very presence divides us. If you need help with a plan after that I'm sure there will be many willing to step up to the plate.

Cropley10
30-05-2014, 11:43 AM

It was a badly-worded, throw-away remark that has been carefully and deliberately used by the Club to discredit the man who said it.

He should have said something else, like 'vast majority' so it was ill-advised, but it was not meant literally it was meant figuratively i.e. 95% of the time I don't have sugar in my tea... that doesn't mean 1 in every 20 cups do have sugar, it means almost every cup of tea I drink doesn't.:greengrin

Like I said - designed to inflame, divide and conquer.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2014, 08:12 PM

It all counts :greengrin. The combined Xtra and HTV subs, plus I`m guessing, like me, other forms of spending to the club on top of this over the year, easily equals at least the value of an adult season ticket.

Don`t underestimate your own importance as a fan! (or an avatar creator! still haven`t forgotten. :thumbsup:)

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 09:30 PM
It all counts :greengrin. The combined Xtra and HTV subs, plus I`m guessing, like me, other forms of spending to the club on top of this over the year, easily equals at least the value of an adult season ticket.

Don`t underestimate your own importance as a fan! (or an avatar creator! still haven`t forgotten. :thumbsup:)

I doubt the club makes much money, if any, from HTV. In fact it'd probably suit them fine if nobody subscribed and they could withdraw the service.

It may even happen in any case.

The Green Goblin
30-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I doubt the club makes much money, if any, from HTV. In fact it'd probably suit them fine if nobody subscribed and they could withdraw the service.

It may even happen in any case.

73 subscribers paying £150 per season is £10950. Plus there are others who subscribe via Perform to Hibs International. Outgoings are a small percentage of that, as the service is run by volunteers. That's enough to make a difference to a team like us counting every penny next season imo.

Peevemor
30-05-2014, 10:04 PM
73 subscribers paying £150 per season is £10950. Plus there are others who subscribe via Perform to Hibs International. Outgoings are a small percentage of that, as the service is run by volunteers. That's enough to make a difference to a team like us counting every penny next season imo.

Possibly - I've no idea to be honest. Hibs International subscriptions might take a hit given that it's only matches that are broadcast live by the TV companies which are streamed. In saying that, it could well turn out that our matches against the newhuns and the minihuns will be shown live.

jacomo
31-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Where do you get this 73 figure from?