PDA

View Full Version : Kevin thomson to Sign for dundee

Greenworld
29-05-2014, 04:40 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/277124-dundee-set-to-unveil-the-signing-of-midfielder-kevin-thomson/

jimmyboco1875
29-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Hurts me....

HibeeHendo
29-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Jesus Christ. Thomson wasn't great last season but he'd piss all over the championship given regular game time.

TheFamous1875
Glad he's got a job so early, but gutted it's not with us (as I'm sure he is too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

.Sean.
Gid yin Butcher ya fud.

Greenworld
29-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Hurts me....

You just could not make it up watch him star next season in an attacking side:confused:

semaj64
29-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Hope he does well and at least we will not have to face him next season running rings round our lads, unless we play them in the cups

EK_Hibs
I dread to think what sort of hammer thrower Butcher would rather play instead of KT

BOB MARLEYS DUG
He's been offered captaincy too.

McPake joining him too.

CB_NO3
29-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Lets see how many games Thomson actually plays for Dundee. I bet they struggle to get 20 games out of him in all competitons.

One Day Soon
He's been offered captaincy too.

McPake joining him too.

I'm underwhelmed, but good luck to them both.

HibeeHendo
You just could not make it up watch him star next season in an attacking side:confused:

Exactly! He was totally wasted last season in amongst our *****, negative tactics.

CB_NO3
29-05-2014, 04:49 PM
But I agree. Butcher is still a fud.

One Day Soon
29-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Lets see how many games Thomson actually plays for Dundee. I bet they struggle to get 20 games out of him in all competitons.

Yep, spot on and probably less for McPake.

Tricla
29-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Is the same Kevin Thomshun that nobody wanted back because he was a two faced hun?

It now seems to me that nobody wants him to leave because it fits our Butcher bashing agenda.

Things have been bad but I am going to see what sort of squad we assemble before I chastise any of the current player exits.

KT will play about 15-20 games next season tops anyway. McPake will play less.

HibeeHendo
29-05-2014, 04:55 PM

Still doesn't account for the amount of games he was sitting on the bench.

Bronson
29-05-2014, 04:57 PM
All the best to both of them. Wish Thomson was still with us but I'm glad he's got a new team (that isn't hearts) so quickly.

If they can stay fit I fancy Dundee to finish strongly, maybe 7th or 8th.

theonlywayisup
29-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Maybe true, but why so negative? Why not say "all the best". They both gave 100% when playing for Hibs.

easty
29-05-2014, 04:58 PM
So if KT underwhelms at Dundee will it be Hartleys fault?

Hibeewilly
29-05-2014, 04:59 PM
For all the posters who think we won't miss him - any ideas who we could replace him with?? Total idiot Butcher!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

frazeHFC
29-05-2014, 05:00 PM
He wanted to stay and he'd rip the Championship apart. The reception he got from the fans spoke for itself. Wish he was still here.

easty
29-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Maybe true, but why so negative? Why not say "all the best". They both gave 100% when playing for Hibs.

I wish him all the best, but if folk are going to keep bumming him up like they are, then others are quite entitled to their opposite opinion.

Tricla
29-05-2014, 05:01 PM
For all the posters who think we won't miss him - any ideas who we could replace him with?? Total idiot Butcher!!!

Probably a younger midfielder who is less injury prone.

easty
29-05-2014, 05:03 PM

You mean how do we replace someone who didn't actually play all that well when he was in the team? Hmmm....it's a toughie.

Sean1875
29-05-2014, 05:05 PM
will be interesting to see how Thommo does. don't know how true the yam rumours well but I'm glad he won't be seen clad in maroon. wish both him and McPake all the best!

Dashing Bob S
29-05-2014, 05:06 PM
If KT and McPake were both fully fit they would be shoe-ins for any SPL club, bar possibly Celtic.

However, the injury record for both players makes this a massive and probably unwise gamble for Dundee.

Ray_
29-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Probably a younger midfielder who is less injury prone.

Or then again, whoever it is, may resemble the three that came in, in January!

Unseen work
29-05-2014, 05:09 PM
If KT and McPake were both fully fit they would be shoe-ins for any SPL club, bar possibly Celtic.

However, the injury record for both players makes this a massive and probably unwise gamble for Dundee.

IMO he wouldn't get a game for any top 6 side

HibeeHendo
29-05-2014, 05:12 PM
I totally get the fact that Thomson is injury prone. However, the thing I cannot forgive is the amount of times Thomson sat on the bench when he was fit.

Hibeewilly
29-05-2014, 05:17 PM
You mean how do we replace someone who didn't actually play all that well when he was in the team? Hmmm....it's a toughie.

I must have been watching different games Easty. The guy is so far ahead of the rest of the midfield - they dont know how to play alongside him. I predict another Scotland call up next season. Only my opinion though time will tell

jdships
29-05-2014, 05:17 PM

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
There is a lot more to the KT story than we are reading .
He's not blameless !!
Wouldn't be surprised if one of those " departing " EM told the real story to a Journo!!
I only have it third hand and don't want to accused of making things up :greengrin

easty
29-05-2014, 05:25 PM
I must have been watching different games Easty. The guy is so far ahead of the rest of the midfield - they dont know how to play alongside him. I predict another Scotland call up next season. Only my opinion though time will tell

We'll see I suppose Willy.

Kevin Thomson is a very tidy footballer, he does the simple things that all central midfielders should be able to do, controls the ball, gets his head up and finds a pass. But, can the people who are gutted he left us actually say he did enough in the games he played for us last season (and he played plenty of them). He didn't create many chances, he didn't stop us losing goals, he certainly wasn't a goal threat. How do you replace that? Well, pretty easily actually.

People can blame TB's tactics all they want, but Stanton made sure he got himself involved despite the tactics we played. I thought Robertson did a lot more for us than KT through the season as well.

When we lost Griffiths I didn't think we'd be able to replace him. When players like Zemmama, Bamba, Jones, Broonie, etc. left I thought we'd struggle to get someone in to replace them. We can easily get a player to do what KT did for us though.

allezsauzee
29-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Good signing for Dundee if he even plays 20 games next season for them. Good luck KT.

Spike Mandela
29-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Can't think of anything he has done since returning to Hibs that made him standout. He might be better than a lot of the deadwood we had in the team but for the future doesn't offer much imo.

JimBHibees
29-05-2014, 05:30 PM

Agree you would assume a large part of their budget on two players you are not sure will be fit enough to play regularly. Huge gamble IMO.

carnoustiehibee
29-05-2014, 05:30 PM
It's a sad day when our better players are signing for dundee

But not as depressing that mcpake and Thomson will be badly missed

Bleeds green
29-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Will probably turn out to be the best midfielder outside Celtic team in spl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
29-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Wonder if he'll get on with Hartley? He's not got a good track record with managers that have done more than him on the playing side.

One Day Soon
29-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Um, that's exactly what I did say two posts above the one you are quoting....

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 05:35 PM
x

Spot on mate.

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 05:39 PM
[vQUOTE=jdships;4038619]My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
He's not blameless !!
Wouldn't be surprised if one of those " departing " EM told the real story to a Journo!!
I only have it third hand and don't want to accused of making things up :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Spill the beans jd!!!!! We won't tell anybody you told us :greengrin

emerald green
29-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Well that didn't take long for KT to find a new club. I wonder how long he has known he was going there?

edinburghhibee
29-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Wait is this the same guy who was meant to be the saviour of our season... The best player we had... The man who was gonna set the world alight with his dazzling skills in a better team...

Dundee... Really?!?! That's the best team to come in for him???

Good luck anyway thommo!

weonlywon6-2
29-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Gid yin Butcher ya fud.

Exactly,we wil struggle to get a player as decent as thomson in the summer,crazy letting him go

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Good luck KT and JMcP.

jacomo
29-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Is the same Kevin Thomshun that nobody wanted back because he was a two faced hun?

It now seems to me that nobody wants him to leave because it fits our Butcher bashing agenda.

Things have been bad but I am going to see what sort of squad we assemble before I chastise any of the current player exits.

1. I'd take Katie at 15-20 games.
2. I'm not sure McPake has it any more but it's entirely possible that with proper management he might be a useful squad member next season.
3. The world's a complex place and you are allowed to change your opinion. There really is no need for this divisive agenda on here. I supported Butcher's appointment but based on what he's done over the past six months I want him out. Is that allowed, or will you reply with "is this the same Butcher that everybody welcomed as a good appointment but now hate because he got us relegated"?

Gmack7
29-05-2014, 06:06 PM
hibs v dundee in next years playoffs:greengrin would be interesting

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Who's judgement would you trust the most, Hartley or Butchers ?.

weonlywon6-2
29-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Who's judgement would you trust the most, Hartley or Butchers ?.

Haha,neither !.hartley is an erse

Lago
29-05-2014, 06:12 PM

Spot on, good post but you will no doubt have upset a lot of blinkered folk on here.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Big deal.
all of that squad should do one and never pull on the g&w ever again!!

jeffers
29-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Amazing that such a troublemaker has found a club so quickly, what is Hartley thinking, hasn't he heard all the stories. The great Terry Butcher has deemed him not good enough for a lower division, surely he can't be good enough for the top league any more......He's even considering making him captain.

One Day
29-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Good luck to him

Lago
29-05-2014, 06:19 PM
I totally get the fact that Thomson is injury prone. However, the thing I cannot forgive is the amount of times Thomson sat on the bench when he was fit.
How do we know he was fit, ah I know because he said he was fit.

keep the faith
29-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Good luck KT. Top player who cared enough to play for us for free. Class act who I'm certain will have a great season next year. Our loss.

carnoustiehibee
29-05-2014, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=carnoustiehibee;4038640]It's a sad day when our better players are signing for dundee

But not as depressing as Thomson and mcpake being our better players.

beensaidbefore
29-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I wonder if he crawled through broken glass to sign for them?

keep the faith
29-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Your user name is pretty apt..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Give it a rest man.

hibbysam
29-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Wonder if he'll get on with Hartley? He's not got a good track record with managers that have done more than him on the playing side.

Hartley done more than thommo on the playing side? Good one ya rocket! Uefa cup finalist is more than Hartley ever done and ever will do!

Jim44
29-05-2014, 07:15 PM

He won't be replaced by a better player and we better all get used to the fact that we'll be signing mediocre players. We've just left a league where we were a laughing stock and easy meat for every team. We've landed in a lower league and the debatable assumption is that we'll be a decent team in that league. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Danderhall Hibs
29-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Hartley done more than thommo on the playing side? Good one ya rocket! Uefa cup finalist is more than Hartley ever done and ever will do!

Fairly similar careers in terms of medals won. Hartley has 1 more Scottish cup and a lot more Scotland caps.

Maybe they'll get on ok then?

Kato
29-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Wish both players good luck with their new club. One thing I would say, both players are quality but are badly hampered by lingering injuries. If either were 100% fit they wouldn't be signing for Dundee.

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Signing tomorrow, will be made club captain also I believe. McPake still not agreed terms as hasn't Vernon from Aberdeen.

Geo_1875
29-05-2014, 07:58 PM
So he's torn up his pre-contract agreement with Dundee United and it wasn't hertz he was signing for, it was that hertz ******* Hartley. There are some complete roasters posting pish on the internet.

Swedish hibee
29-05-2014, 08:00 PM
I wish him well.

Scottie
29-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Time to move on from KT. Part of the past now. Good luck to him.

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:15 PM
So he's torn up his pre-contract agreement with Dundee United and it wasn't hertz he was signing for, it was that hertz ******* Hartley. There are some complete roasters posting pish on the internet.

Come on man, it comes from the horses mouth. I'm sure they get told the facts even if they are facts that turn out to be non-factual. Facts that are probably right in some other universe, like what that Stephen Hawking goes on about.

jdships
29-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Can't think of anything he has done since returning to Hibs that made him standout. He might be better than a lot of the deadwood we had in the team but for the future doesn't offer much imo.

:agree:

beensaidbefore
29-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Give it a rest man.

The guy sold us high and dry when it suited him. Why should I have any respect for him?

jdships
29-05-2014, 08:57 PM
[vQUOTE=jdships;4038619]My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
He's not blameless !!
I only have it third hand and don't want to accused of making things up :greengrin

Spill the beans jd!!!!! We won't tell anybody you told us :greengrin[/QUOTE]

All I really know for sure is he wanted to be his "own man" at training and this didn't please TB and some of the other players :rolleyes:

WWFTWTG
29-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Hurts me....

oh really, how did you feel when he signed for der hun and dissed us, yes we need to rebuild but not around kt

beensaidbefore
29-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Spill the beans jd!!!!! We won't tell anybody you told us :greengrin

All I really know for sure is he wanted to be his "own man" at training and this didn't please TB and some of the other players :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a real team player...:rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
29-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Wish him well but was pretty pish for us when it really mattered. No big loss IMO