PDA

View Full Version : Where are our new signings

Wellbankhibby
29-05-2014, 12:41 PM
With all the departures my question is WHERE ARE OUR NEW SIGNINGS.
The Management team have decided long ago that we needed a large clear out.
I agree with this but my concern is they must have a list of potential signings.
Anyone aware of real possible signings not speculation. We must look to he future.
Could the delay be due to LD starting or perhaps RP moving on.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Many players are on hol just now. I'd like to think we have our targets and will be making signings either next week or week after if TB is defo staying.

Speedway
29-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I agree with this but my concern is they must have a list of potential signings.
Anyone aware of real possible signings not speculation. We must look to he future.

First of all, the window isn't open yet.

Second of all, any out of contract players are assessing options

Third of all, all Spartans players refused to take a wage cut to join us.

BT58
29-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Is it 01/06/14 that windows opens ???
Will Dean Brill still be interested in where we are now ???
Victor

beensaidbefore
29-05-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm sure us being relegated wouldn't have been factored into any negotiations with players, and i fear all possible deals we had on the table will be under serious review, either that or the players will have run a mile.

We will have far less cash to spend, and far less of an appeal. It will be back to the drawing board for just now to assess the damage and to establish what we can realistically afford to effectively build a whole new squad. I'm not holding my breath for signings to be announced soon, and I think folk are being a bit unrealistic given the circumstances.

Hibeesmad
30-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Can't wait until we are actually linked with a player or it's announced that we are in talks with a player, anything to give us some hope and something to talk about.

Anyway, only player I have seen us linked with so far since Sunday is Jason Mooney from Tranmere who is out of contract..a 6ft 9 goalkeeper who yesterday signed for York City.

Waxy
30-05-2014, 05:25 AM
I suppose any player we had lined up won't be coming now.Bit of a mess we're in.

Keith_M
30-05-2014, 05:59 AM
You do know what the concept of a holiday is, don't you?

Jeezo, give it time.

RoslinInstHibby
30-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Anyone think the board would be tempted with the cheap option of riordan and o'connor on pay as you play deals?

nribs
30-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Anyone think the board would be tempted with the cheap option of riordan and o'connor on pay as you play deals?

Erm no.

bingo70
30-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Waiting till butcher gets pied by the dumpster then when his replacements in we'll announce new signings.

Imo

Forza Fred
30-05-2014, 06:20 AM

Jeezo, give it time.

I think any sensible manager in the championship would not have got rid of Kevin Thomson without having an adequate replacement.

Even Mc Pake ..unless medical advice to the contrary would be a handy addition t o most championship outfits.

As op says...ok getting rid of players provided you replace the with better players.... But does anyone have any level of confidence that Butcher can?

We are indeed in amighty mess, and mid table in the championship beckons

Nutmegged
30-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Were are the new players? I fully believe we sounded out plenty of potential targets but I'd expect everyone in those early negotiations from the club to the player to his advisors believed we'd be a Premiership club, I'd be amazed if any of our Premiership targets will still come, I think our targets will have changed big time now, it'll take a bit of time

Aldo
30-05-2014, 06:50 AM

Really....your not serious. This is a tongue and cheek comment.

Why when neither of then can get a game for Morton or Alloa.

Both have had their time at the club...

Ozyhibby
30-05-2014, 06:52 AM
They'll be here at the end of August. Some folk are so impatient.

Phil D. Rolls
30-05-2014, 07:23 AM

Live met a few in the Royal Ed. :greengrin:agree:

stokesmessiah
30-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Jeezo, give it time.

Bit of a daft answer as that hasn't seemed to have stopped other clubs in Scotland from signing players!

Gustavo Fring
30-05-2014, 07:31 AM
to be honest id rather we didnt sign anyone until after petrie is gone

i shudder to think the standard of player we will get from him for the chamionship

WestStandMoaner
30-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Many players are on hol just now. I'd like to think we have our targets and will be making signings either next week or week after if TB is defo staying.

The problem they have now is most of the targets they had in mind probably wont come now that we are down and as for TB staying he should not be allowed to stay in his position

Ronniekirk
30-05-2014, 09:36 AM

No it's not a serious post ,but Signings are in the pipeline ,however there is a log jam in there and T B is still working out how to unblock it .Wonder if he has stopped to Ponder if he is the log that's jamming things up .:wink:
Ps what happened to that prediction of yours Aldo ,that Cummings would score at Easter Road against Hamilton Brutal Performance when it mattered the most from team and Management .

But there always next season and maybe as we saw against Hamilton in first leg the Championship may be the place where he finds his scoring touch

Aldo
30-05-2014, 09:54 AM
No it's not a serious post ,but Signings are in the pipeline ,however there is a log jam in there and T B is still working out how to unblock it .Wonder if he has stopped to Ponder if he is the log that's jamming things up .:wink: Ps what happened to that prediction of yours Aldo ,that Cummings would score at Easter Road against Hamilton Brutal Performance when it mattered the most from team and Management . But there always next season and maybe as we saw against Hamilton in first leg the Championship may be the place where he finds his scoring touch

Cannae be right all the time (rarely right though) was trying to be positive that's all Ronnie.

By the looks of it everyone is up for grabs if the price is right.

Ronnie there is a bigger issue at ER and it's not TB (although is has a few) and that's getting rid of Petrie.

No ambition, no interested and the only thing he has done is rip the heart and soul out of our club.

As for signings it's ok saying they are lined up and if we are waiting to offload more before we bring in then once again it'll be bargain basement for us'm

RoslinInstHibby
30-05-2014, 12:14 PM

sorry....yes 100% wind up (couldnt get the fishing rod on my phone earlier)

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-05-2014, 12:31 PM
By the sounds we have zero cash if we are allowing our best young talent to move on.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

raeburnhibs
30-05-2014, 01:00 PM
By the sounds we have zero cash if we are allowing our best young talent to move on.

I wish everyone would stop with the speculation. I think it is highly unlikely that Stanton et all will go anywhere.

Diclonius
30-05-2014, 01:02 PM

We have cash. Our illustrious chairman just doesn't want to spend it.

Do you really think they care about getting us out of this division first time?

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-05-2014, 01:19 PM
I've no idea.

I'd just like them to come out with a statement of unity, their intent to bring us back stronger than ever. They need to reignite the fans interest, stop with all this p@@h advertising and nonsense campaigns, all the fans want to see is a good team on the park. Not crappy camouflage garbage.

Maybe it's being impatient and this will happen next week when the new chief picks up the reigns.

"That was classic intercourse!"

flash
30-05-2014, 01:29 PM
We have cash. Our illustrious chairman just doesn't want to spend it.

Do you really think they care about getting us out of this division first time?

No i think they want us to go down again.

This forum is a bigger car crash than the football club right now.

Ray_
30-05-2014, 01:41 PM
No i think they want us to go down again.

This forum is a bigger car crash than the football club right now.

This forum won't go from a position of safety to a highly embarrassing and degrading relegation.

Flash you have been having a go at the members for venting on here for a while now, it is far better doing that than on match day at ER, although, it is very apparent that those venting very regrettably were spot on.

flash
30-05-2014, 07:34 PM
[/B]
This forum won't go from a position of safety to a highly embarrassing and degrading relegation.

Flash you have been having a go at the members for venting on here for a while now, it is far better doing that than on match day at ER, although, it is very apparent that those venting very regrettably were spot on.

No am having a go at that poster because he is talking pish.

Crazyhorse
30-05-2014, 08:51 PM

We traditionally wait until the end of the transfer window.

Callum_62
30-05-2014, 09:04 PM

We are traditionally safely mid tableish in the premier league

Paisley Hibby
30-05-2014, 09:59 PM

I'm glad there's been no news about signings. We won't have much money now and I certainly wouldn't trust it to Butcher. Give it to his replacement.

JJP
30-05-2014, 10:04 PM
They better not do the usual "if you want good players buy a season ticket" shtick. No! If you want people to buy season tickets give us some belief that it will be money well spent!

I'm usually a bit of a happy clapper but this regime has taken the piss with our support and they owe it to us to give us a fighting chance of getting back into the top league at the first time of asking.

greenlex
31-05-2014, 04:28 PM
No we don't.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2014, 05:07 PM
I see John Joe O'Toole activated his release clause at Bristol Rovers because he wants to play at a higher level. (They got relegated from League 2)

Could he do a job for us? Or should we be aiming higher?

Thoughts?

Aldo
31-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I see John Joe O'Toole activated his release clause at Bristol Rovers because he wants to play at a higher level. (They got relegated from League 2) Could he do a job for us? Or should we be aiming higher? Thoughts?

Wasting yur breathe BMD. Unless he's played in the EPL or above some folk on here will think he's crap!! Or not Hibs class.

Green Fish
31-05-2014, 05:33 PM
ICT unveiled 7 new signings on same day under butcher in the past I think, I reckon there will be a similar scenario with us

bingo70
31-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I see John Joe O'Toole activated his release clause at Bristol Rovers because he wants to play at a higher level. (They got relegated from League 2)

Could he do a job for us? Or should we be aiming higher?

Thoughts?

Are you planning on going through every player in British football and ask if they could do a job for us?

Unless there's been an indication we're interested in him then it makes no difference if he'd do a job for us?

I get it with players from Scotland that are being discussed but players from a different country who the vast majority of us won't know anything about is pushing it.

Yes, I know I'm a grumpy *******

Smartie
31-05-2014, 05:48 PM
They better not do the usual "if you want good players buy a season ticket" shtick. No! If you want people to buy season tickets give us some belief that it will be money well spent!

I'm usually a bit of a happy clapper but this regime has taken the piss with our support and they owe it to us to give us a fighting chance of getting back into the top league at the first time of asking.

I'm with you on this.

I've done the whole "buy a season ticket early" to fund the manager's transfer fund in the past. I've had one for 16 years and I'm sick of it being wasted.

On one level I'm actually looking forward to next season. Rangers and Hearts are imo in disarray. Getting signings in early, hitting the ground running and making a good start to the new season would see the fans flock back. I could see it - IF DONE PROPERLY - being a good season. But it requires us getting our business done early and a statement of intent from Hibs that they intend to bounce back at the first opportunity.

I have zero confidence in the current regime (Petrie's that is - not Butcher, who I think could get it right if given the funds to bring his own players in) to spend that money so they're not getting it until I see a sign of intent from them.

Petrie's austerity regime (over the past few years, and if the rumours about Stanton, Hanlon, Cummings contracts etc are to be believed) is nothing but a self-fulfilling cycle of failure. It needs to be reversed.

judas
31-05-2014, 05:55 PM

i know, because it would be crazy to predicate player purchases on actually having the funds.

bingo70
31-05-2014, 06:08 PM
i know, because it would be crazy to predicate player purchases on actually having the funds.

What about predicting how many we could get in the stands if we get it right on the park and using that to decide the budget?

hibee62
31-05-2014, 06:32 PM

I keep hearing this... Was that the case with Ben Williams, Liam Craig, James Collins, Leigh griffiths (2nd time)? Just four off the top of my head...

craigmounthibby
31-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I think any sensible manager in the championship would not have got rid of Kevin Thomson without having an adequate replacement.

Even Mc Pake ..unless medical advice to the contrary would be a handy addition t o most championship outfits.

As op says...ok getting rid of players provided you replace the with better players.... But does anyone have any level of confidence that Butcher can?

We are indeed in amighty mess, and mid table in the championship beckons
Correct. But you preceded the word manager with sensible, so that rules Butcher out.

Hibeesmad
31-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Heard that we are interested in Alex Coleman from Burnley, just heard from someone who claims to have a good source.

IberianHibernian
01-06-2014, 12:06 AM
How many people really think that Butcher will be our manager next season ? Not going to fall into trap of saying 5 / 10 / 15 / 95 % but personally I`d guess that there must be a high chance ( here I`ll state over 90% ) that he won`t be our manager by Christmas since he`ll resign or be sacked in next 2 weeks or once season starts . Suspect he`ll get a new job very soon after too . Whatever , won`t consider any new signings as good news as they might indicate manager is staying .

JJP
01-06-2014, 01:05 AM

Your right, the current system clearly works and the fans should continue to fund the current regime blindly. We know they will spend our hard earned wisely.

Everywhere else in entertainment it works on the basis of building a show that people want to see so they buy a ticket. I've never heard this buy a ticket and then we will make a show worth seeing anywhere else but at this club.