PDA

View Full Version : Ron - The Tash & TB OUT???? Who would replace them?

Arbroath Hibby
29-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Can anyone back me up on this but did Rod Petrie not travel on the Bonnyrigg supporter's bus, I don't think there will be many directors ever doing that.
I say give them this season in the "Championship" due to Petrie stepping back and becoming a non-exec. and handing the biscuit tin over to Leeanne Dempster. As for Terry Butcher if we get rid of him who is going to come to club that has no players.
Yes - we have the best stadium and training facilities outside of Mordor - ooopps i mean Glasgow (:or do I :)

My feeling is that there has been an ethos among the players at Hibernian in recent years (post Mowbray era) of "oh well there's always next week", there are tens of thousands of people over this world that would be enormously proud & wish they had the skills to pull on the Hibs top and play for free, me being one of them.

If we look at what is come financially four home games that are potential sellouts, would we have had that in "the top flight of Scottish football" I don't think so.

We must be favourites to win that league and bounce straight back upand the way things are looking who can we get to come and pull on the Famous Green & White?

I have never had a season ticket at ER always had my excuses, Family, travel to & from the game, irregular game times and days (eg not Sat.@3pm) not this time I will get a season ticket and Roar Hibs but to the premiership.

GGTH

Arbroath Hibby

Just an after thought - Spellchecker is a funny thing with Petrie you get "Tripe", Dempster you get "Dumpster" and with Butcher you get Nothing.

Jones28
29-05-2014, 10:17 AM
By getting rid of butcher and his staff that's the transfer budget for this season gone, so it's a pointless excercise.

He has proven that he has want it takes to take a team up from the championship and then on to be competitive in the spl.

Sacking butcher is not an option.

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Just an after thought - Spellchecker is a funny thing with Petrie you get "Tripe", Dempster you get "Dumpster" and with Butcher you get Nothing.

what do you type in for Ron :greengrin

Weir7
29-05-2014, 10:29 AM
By getting rid of butcher and his staff that's the transfer budget for this season gone, so it's a pointless excercise.

He has proven that he has want it takes to take a team up from the championship and then on to be competitive in the spl.

What is the transfer budget?

What does it cost to pay him off?

NatureBoy
29-05-2014, 10:37 AM

I agree, while Butcher has been a disaster zone so far at ER I think we all know the problem runs a lot deeper. He's a proven manager at this level and If he were to leave would no doubt do a decent job at another Scottish team. Petrie is the man we need to focus our efforts on removing first and foremost.

I heard TB lost the players after the game up at Aberdeen around the Xmas period, when Flood scored that late winner. Basically went radio rental at them all telling them "he'd see them all off" etc. I assume at that point he thought we were in no danger of relegation. All in all terrible man management which can't be defended. I still feel he'd do a job if he had his own players and no Petrie to hamstring him.

GlesgaeHibby
29-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Can anyone back me up on this but did Rod Petrie not travel on the Bonnyrigg supporter's bus, I don't think there will be many directors ever doing that.
I say give them this season in the "Championship" due to Petrie stepping back and becoming a non-exec. and handing the biscuit tin over to Leeanne Dempster. As for Terry Butcher if we get rid of him who is going to come to club that has no players.
Yes - we have the best stadium and training facilities outside of Mordor - ooopps i mean Glasgow (:or do I :)

My feeling is that there has been an ethos among the players at Hibernian in recent years (post Mowbray era) of "oh well there's always next week", there are tens of thousands of people over this world that would be enormously proud & wish they had the skills to pull on the Hibs top and play for free, me being one of them.

If we look at what is come financially four home games that are potential sellouts, would we have had that in "the top flight of Scottish football" I don't think so.

We must be favourites to win that league and bounce straight back upand the way things are looking who can we get to come and pull on the Famous Green & White?

I have never had a season ticket at ER always had my excuses, Family, travel to & from the game, irregular game times and days (eg not Sat.@3pm) not this time I will get a season ticket and Roar Hibs but to the premiership.

GGTH

Arbroath Hibby

Based on what? At the minute we don't even have a goalkeeper. Hearts have a reasonable group of young players that after an awful start to the season have gelled and got some great results, and Rangers will spend to improve in the summer. Both those teams are in a stronger position than us, and would rightly be considered favourites ahead of us.

#2 Double Tap
29-05-2014, 12:10 PM

thats whats wrong too many people who havent had to suffer the last 7years are always wanting to back petrie and the management team - when the thousands who turn up every week can clearly see it just isnt working.

jacomo
29-05-2014, 12:32 PM

1. Butcher should have offered his resignation on Sunday evening. I honestly cannot quite believe he did not.

2. Failing that, are we not supposed to have an employment lawyer on the Board? Was there not a clause in his contract that said, in the event of relegation, Hibs can tell him to GTF without a penny in compensation?

Seems we are being held over a barrel by this clown... all because he decided to throw his weight around when he came in the door and it back fired spectacularly.