PDA

View Full Version : What bearing does Petrie have on you going ?

H18Y GW
29-05-2014, 04:02 AM
I've read so many

"If Petrie goes many fans will return"
"Won't be back until he is gone "

I may be different from many but I couldn't give a **** who runs the club as long as I'm watching decent fair on the pitch , Petrie has backed managers with the third or fourth biggest budgets for a few years now , sheep replacing hearts this year above us I'd guess .

He has built a stadium and a training ground which doesn't please me greatly as I'd rather have seen more investment on the playing side , then WHOA I thought , that money with the rubbish brought in could also have been squandered , leaving us ****ed like the Gunts across the city.

We can move on from this as fans and a team and a club , Dempster will over see that , Petrie will stay to shield her flak for the first season, which with relegation and possibly staying down a real threat , is a good move.

He simply isn't an issue come a Saturday, and I'm sure many who roll out this line, may be non attenders looking for an excuse !!!

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Absolutely none.
The only influence in that decision for me is what is on the park.
Is it what I want to spend my money on?
Is it entertaining?
Is it value for money.
if it is ,I'll go. If not I won't bother.

Hibee_Dave
29-05-2014, 04:19 AM
Amen to all of that - a rare slice of common sense amongst the doom and the gloom!

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 05:44 AM
I've read so many

I may be different from many but I couldn't give a **** who runs the club as long as I'm watching decent fair on the pitch , Petrie has backed managers with the third or fourth biggest budgets for a few years now , sheep replacing hearts this year above us I'd guess .

He has built a stadium and a training ground which doesn't please me greatly as I'd rather have seen more investment on the playing side , then WHOA I thought , that money with the rubbish brought in could also have been squandered , leaving us ****ed like the Gunts across the city.

We can move on from this as fans and a team and a club , Dempster will over see that , Petrie will stay to shield her flak for the first season, which with relegation and possibly staying down a real threat , is a good move.

He simply isn't an issue come a Saturday, and I'm sure many who roll out this line, may be non attenders looking for an excuse !!!

You have answered your own question. You certainly won't be watching good football if he stays along with TB. He's backed managers 3rd and 4th signings not first.

He should have walked soon as the stadium was done, some think sooner. He is the huge dark shadow hanging over this club. He's the one who has the noose firmly round the clubs neck and he's the one that until he's gone we will achieve nothing at all.

The facts are all in front if you and frankly I'm surprised you don't mind him being here when he is the main issue.

Lang Toun Hibs
29-05-2014, 06:17 AM
None. I guess I've well and truly bought into the concept that this is my club and I will support it through good and bad times irrespective of who the manager is or who is running the club...do I have something written on my face by the way?!

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Absolutely none.
The only influence in that decision for me is what is on the park.
Is it what I want to spend my money on?
Is it entertaining?
Is it value for money.
if it is ,I'll go. If not I won't bother.

So you are saying you will only back the team if it's worth watching? You mustn't have been at ER this season then right? I'm going down to renew my seat on Monday. I just can't not watch us on a sat.

I'm just hoping Petrie is long gone along with many at the club but come sat afternoon my support for the team on the park will be 100%.

RIP
29-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Why must we repeatedly have to listen to pro-Petrie apologists trotting put myth after myth. The facts are there for all of us to see.
Fourth largest budget.
Massive support base.
Fantastic infrastructure.
Relegation.
Massive staff turnover. Managers, CEO"s, players.
Atrocious PR.
A reputation as a soft club.
Disconnect with supporters.
No shared vision.
Former players out in the cold.
No performance targets or culture.
Poor leadership and man management.
Litany of underachievement in big games and derbies.
Graveyard for careers - coaches and players.
No qualications for the role.
Out of his depth.
A millstone around our neck.
A dead man walking.

Wakeyhibee
29-05-2014, 06:55 AM
I've read so many

A few seasons back no impact, now everything.

"If you don't support this ****, then you'll get worse" messages. GTF you would never get away with it any other business, the guy has wasted so much money with managerial change and also his apparent penny pinching which would not see us in this situ now. How can a team with the a top five budget, minus Rangers and a doomed Jambo's get relegated ffs!!!!,

Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, & Motherwell all got it right without those two challenging to some degree or another without breaking the bank too.

cocopops1875
29-05-2014, 06:55 AM
The folk that use either " I will come back if " or " I'm finished with Scottish football till " in any sentence deserve to be ignored as I have not noticed any increase in the support since The Rangers became a The, or Hearts were punished to the full extent of the rules, or any of our long line of managers have been sacked (insert name as appropriate) now it's " I'll no be back till Petrie/Farmer/Butcher/Malpas/and Chicken Tikka have all gone " rest assured the crowd will be much the same as you would expect

Big_Franck
29-05-2014, 07:29 AM
It makes all the difference. As RIP explained above we have got steadily worse under his leadership culminating with that humiliating relegation at our home last Sunday.

I wont be renewing my season ticket while that clown has anything to do with our club.

Big_Franck
29-05-2014, 07:31 AM
The folk that use either " I will come back if " or " I'm finished with Scottish football till " in any sentence deserve to be ignored as I have not noticed any increase in the support since The Rangers became a The, or Hearts were punished to the full extent of the rules, or any of our long line of managers have been sacked (insert name as appropriate) now it's " I'll no be back till Petrie/Farmer/Butcher/Malpas/and Chicken Tikka have all gone " rest assured the crowd will be much the same as you would expect

Disagree. Season ticket sales will be significantly down if petrie and butcher remain IMO.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Hitler could be chairman of Hibs, and if we were playing good football and punching our weight our crowds would soar. It makes no difference to me who is in charge as chairman, as long as they do their best for the football club.

Thats clearly not the case with Petrie, and thats why he's such a hated figure and has to leave the club 100%, none of this hanging about in the background like a large smell of sheite.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2014, 07:47 AM
I can't see any positives in him staying. If the fans rally to the cause and turn up 10,000 plus every week will his vanity let him appreciate that you can back the team without backing him? Not so sure.

cocopops1875
29-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Disagree. Season ticket sales will be significantly down if petrie and butcher remain IMO.

I suspect they will be down regardless

SlickShoes
29-05-2014, 08:21 AM
I wont be back at ER until there has been significant change at the top, until we stop being run like a business, being run to break even at all costs, this is what has got us relegated. If there is no desire for success then we will only slide further and further down.

I will still go and support my team next season however it will be at Alloa, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath etc

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 08:23 AM
I wont be back at ER until there has been significant change at the top, until we stop being run like a business, being run to break even at all costs, this is what has got us relegated. If there is do desire for success then we will only slide further and further down.

I will still go and support my team next season however it will be at Alloa, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath etc:agree: That's what I will be doing.

Geo_1875
29-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Petrie's presence in the board room has no impact on my love of Hibernian FC.

I've been attending matches at Easter Road and all over Scotland since both Rod and I were in short trousers, and I will still be going when he's gone. Whether that's next season or further in the future doesn't matter to me.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2014, 09:48 AM

I've been attending matches at Easter Road and all over Scotland since both Rod and I were in short trousers, and I will still be going when he's gone. Whether that's next season or further in the future doesn't matter to me.

This.

But I understand that some are at the point where Petrie's toxic presence is too much for them.

Just Alf
29-05-2014, 10:05 AM

Agree..... I'm just praying that Leeann D does indeed become the REAL driving force.

:agree:

PeterboroHibee
29-05-2014, 10:12 AM
I agree in principle with the idea that I dont really care who is running the club provided we are successful, but the fact is we arent, and now find ourselves relegated. Someone has to take responsibility for our steady decline over the last 7-8 years, and as far as I can tell the only ever presents during that time are those in charge at the top!

jdships
29-05-2014, 10:13 AM
So you are saying you will only back the team if it's worth watching? You mustn't have been at ER this season then right? I'm going down to renew my seat on Monday. I just can't not watch us on a sat.

I'm just hoping Petrie is long gone along with many at the club but come sat afternoon my support for the team on the park will be 100%.

C'mon guys don't lets start another "Uber Fan" discussion .
Each and every one has the right to spend their money as they wish and personally I have no problem if someone goes twice a season or twenty two times / ST holder or "walk up"
My mates all fall into one or other of these categories and it makes not one whit of difference when we are in the pub talking "HIBS" over a pint or two
WE ARE ALL HIBBEES

:thumbsup:

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 11:10 AM

Why don't you look at people's posts before you put your own spin on things.
i said that Petrie being on the board or in any other position would not influence my decision to go or not.
My expectations over the years haven't been very high, you don't know me so please don't make assumptions on what level of entertainment would keep me away from supporting my team

Golden Bear
29-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Absolutely none.

RP could be blamed for appointing what turned out to be poor Managers but hindsight is a great thing. These same appointments were accepted at the time as being "a good choice" by probably a majority of the fans.

I certainly can't blame RP for the inept and disgustingly poor performances on the park. The Manager and playing staff must accept total responsibility for that.

It's not that long ago that RP achieved almost cult status on this Messageboard for the hard ball approach he adopted to transfer negotiations yet he's now getting lambasted for being tight fisted etc etc. I'm far from being a RP sympathiser by the way - but that's the way I see things.

Where we go from here is anybody's guess and I've not got the answers. If I do come across any Hibby friendly millionaires in the next couple of days then I'll maybe tap them up just to see what's what.

Bobby's Cinema
29-05-2014, 11:22 AM
He does not give one **** about what happens on the pitch, as that gutless statement written before and delivered after the game on Sunday proves. People want to affect change, as we have been allowed to drift knowingly into this state for far too long. If this is the only action they feel will get this to happen then so be it.

IWasThere2016
29-05-2014, 11:33 AM
I wont be back at ER until there has been significant change at the top, until we stop being run like a business, being run to break even at all costs, this is what has got us relegated. If there is no desire for success then we will only slide further and further down.

I will still go and support my team next season however it will be at Alloa, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath etc

This - Raith and Cowden are bankers. Alloa and Falkirk likely too. No more ER until RP is gone completely..

KeithTheHibby
29-05-2014, 11:59 AM
As much as I think Petrie needs to move on I shall continue to attend. I am not one for biting off my nose to spite my face. Watching Hibs on a Saturday afternoon is what I do and shall continue to do regardless of who is in charge.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm one of these fans that the club must love as I will continue going to games regardless of how bad we are, regardless of which league we're in and regardless of who our manager or chairman are.

I fully accept that others disagree with that point of view though and understand the reasons why.

Kato
29-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Absolutely none.

RP could be blamed for appointing what turned out to be poor Managers but hindsight is a great thing. These same appointments were accepted at the time as being "a good choice" by probably a majority of the fans.

I certainly can't blame RP for the inept and disgustingly poor performances on the park. The Manager and playing staff must accept total responsibility for that.

It's not that long ago that RP achieved almost cult status on this Messageboard for the hard ball approach he adopted to transfer negotiations yet he's now getting lambasted for being tight fisted etc etc. I'm far from being a RP sympathiser by the way - but that's the way I see things.

Where we go from here is anybody's guess and I've not got the answers. If I do come across any Hibby friendly millionaires in the next couple of days then I'll maybe tap them up just to see what's what.

That's a bit Pontius Pilatey.

There are other aspects to his role other than appointing managers.

It's his role to set targets and to state and develop the ambition of the club. It's his role to stick up for the club when there is outside influences bringing it down. It's his role to set the standards at the Youth Academy and ensure it's proving it's worth. It's his role to back any manager to the hilt on footballing decisions. It's his role to make the club as close to the fans as possible. All these things if not carried out properly have knock-on effects on the field. Undermine the manager in one aspect and he can lose respect in every other.

For his attributes in handling money and turning our cash into infrastructure. He's just not a very good football Chairman.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 01:32 PM
That's a bit Pontius Pilatey.

There are other aspects to his role other than appointing managers.

It's his role to set targets and to state and develop the ambition of the club. It's his role to stick up for the club when there is outside influences bringing it down. It's his role to set the standards at the Youth Academy and ensure it's proving it's worth. It's his role to back any manager to the hilt on footballing decisions. It's his role to make the club as close to the fans as possible. All these things if not carried out properly have knock-on effects on the field. Undermine the manager in one aspect and he can lose respect in every other.

For his attributes in handling money and turning our cash into infrastructure. He's just not a very good football Chairman.

Good post and fully agree.

Yes, I'm agreeing with you :D

ahibby
29-05-2014, 01:44 PM
It makes no difference to me now. The damage has already been done and although I have said it before and was wrong, I'll say it again; I don't think it will get worse with him being around. I am not sure what he does now that a new CEO is coming in but I don't think he can cause any more damage than he already has done. For all his apologists though it's surely time to realise that business acuemen isn't only about getting top dollar for players as we have in the past but also about being successful in your main stream business, which for us is football. He has failed spectacularly in that over the years and some of us have seen this coming but gave up bumping our gums about it because we were falling on deaf ears. I'll go with him there and hope that his influence is less than it has been. He might be useful for consultation giving his SPL and football experience even if it is a matter of eliminating his advice from the possible options.

Kato
29-05-2014, 01:49 PM
It makes no difference to me now. The damage has already been done and although I have said it before and was wrong, I'll say it again; I don't think it will get worse with him being around.

The problem there being if he says he's going to be hands-off and not interfere, how can he be trusted not to. He could easily veto the first major decision LD wants to make and we're left with a CEO who is undermined and de-motivated.

If it proves impossible to sever his ties with the club completely he at least must be stripped of any powers and remain in the back-ground like any other minority share-holder.

Winston Ingram
29-05-2014, 01:53 PM
I've read so many

I've mistakenly regretfully bought an ST in March. I'm not going back until he and Butcher go. :agree:

hibee62
29-05-2014, 07:02 PM

I agree but I'm quite worried about what will come out of this press conference tomorrow. I am concerned about the rumours of boycott by fans and sponsors. My reason is that we currently have the advantage over The Rangers and Hearts by selling season tickets and having some semblence of a budget for next season. Hearts are still in Administration and The Rangers fans are boycotting, if we also boycott we will lose this slender advantage and we need all the help we can get, quite frankly.

Of course, sooner or later, The Rangers will certainly try to buy the league but before that we need to take full advantage!

Kato
29-05-2014, 07:41 PM
The Rangers and Hearts by selling season tickets and having some semblence of a budget for next season.

Looking at it that way it's all the more reason for Petrie to do the honourable thing and step down. Then we can move on.

Malthibby
29-05-2014, 08:07 PM
None, I will be going whether Petrie is there or not.
GG

147lothian
29-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I am a life long supporter, I renewed my season ticket with a very heavy heart, the thought crossed my mind of not renewing it while petrie is there. Even though I have renewed, I've completely lost faith in him, and i'll support any initiative to remove his toxic presence from the club, he is a dead man walking, who presents a negative image of the club

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 08:24 PM
He does not give one **** about what happens on the pitch, as that gutless statement written before and delivered after the game on Sunday proves. People want to affect change, as we have been allowed to drift knowingly into this state for far too long. If this is the only action they feel will get this to happen then so be it.

He's made mistakes and needs replaced but I don't believe he doesn't care.

Steve20
29-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Won't be back at Easter Road until Petrie is not at the club. He treats the fans like mugs and still people are happy to go back for more of the same. Nothing will change as long as people keep turning up and accepting his crap.

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 10:14 PM
I winnae be until he's gone, simple as that for me now, I'll still support the team or what's left of it efter his handy work but I'll dae it away from ER.

Shields Hibee
29-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I've renewed my ST so will be along regardless but would be happier if he was gone.

hibee62
30-05-2014, 04:11 PM
I agree but I'm quite worried about what will come out of this press conference tomorrow. I am concerned about the rumours of boycott by fans and sponsors. My reason is that we currently have the advantage over The Rangers and Hearts by selling season tickets and having some semblence of a budget for next season. Hearts are still in Administration and The Rangers fans are boycotting, if we also boycott we will lose this slender advantage and we need all the help we can get, quite frankly.

Of course, sooner or later, The Rangers will certainly try to buy the league but before that we need to take full advantage!

I'm glad this hasn't turned out to be the case, I think it was ****-stirring by the Evening News tbh. Whatever your views on the situation the fans are going about this the right way!

Onion
30-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Bottom line is that at the beginning of the season, no one predicted or expected relegation. Top 6 was a reasonable target.

Relegation for any club is bad. For a club the size of Hibs represents major failure of management. Something has to give. Petrie and/or Butchers poisons are untenable. The sooner they go the quicker we can start the rebuild process, repairing the damage they have caused. For them to hang on like a bad smell says everything about those arrogant failures. We don't want or need people like that at Hibs.

I'm_cabbaged
30-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Said it months ago, I've got better things to spend 600 and odd quid on annually. I've missed out on family holidays to buy a St before to keep a smug grin on his face, no more. **** him.
Edit: that's now, used to have 2 bairns to pay for, he goes, I'll go.

hibsbollah
30-05-2014, 07:39 PM
It's irrelevant to my decision whether he stays or goes. I think I'll be attending quite a few away games but will pick and choose when I go.

Jonnyboy
30-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Hitler could be chairman of Hibs, and if we were playing good football and punching our weight our crowds would soar. It makes no difference to me who is in charge as chairman, as long as they do their best for the football club.

Thats clearly not the case with Petrie, and thats why he's such a hated figure and has to leave the club 100%, none of this hanging about in the background like a large smell of sheite.

Only if he grows his tache a bit wider :greengrin

madsen5
30-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Won't be back at Easter Road until Petrie is not at the club. He treats the fans like mugs and still people are happy to go back for more of the same. Nothing will change as long as people keep turning up and accepting his crap.

Agree won't be back till he's gone completely
The club has been poisoned since he met the
Players behind Collins's back .