PDA

View Full Version : Did Leann Dempster allow Motherwell to invest in players?

Greencore
28-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Just wondering if Motherwell were on a tight budget with Leann in charge.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Hmm, interesting question. No idea tbf.

Ozyhibby
29-05-2014, 12:02 AM
They overspent in each of the last three seasons but not outrageously so. They also spent a lot less than us.
Result - a 3rd and two 2nd's compared to our 7th and two 11th's and relegated.

Jones28
29-05-2014, 12:33 AM
So they spent less, with smaller crowds and less income, and finished considerably higher. Bear in mind that most clubs in the qualifying stages of the Europa league will actually lose money, so those losses could maybe be partially down to that.

Ringothedog
29-05-2014, 06:50 AM
They overspent in each of the last three seasons but not outrageously so. They also spent a lot less than us.t
Result - a 3rd and two 2nd's compared to our 7th and two 11th's and relegated.

Which is more to do with having McCall rather than dempster

mjhibby
29-05-2014, 07:09 AM
We have constantly been the 3rd(4th when sevcowere in the spl)spenders so the issue has never been about money IMHO. It's all about the manager and the general running of the club. As Fenton quite rightly said,everything is in place at er to be a success but for whatever reason we grossly underperform. Since the Collins revolt no manager has effectively run the team and the feeling that players have not played for managers lingers on. We need a manager who will start again,know what he wants to do and implement it. Easier said than done. As utd have shown with the likes of Robertson there are good players out there you just need to find them. Harris was another who I believe we could have got before he went down South. Whether it's the scouting network or the manager something is not right.
At the kids open day last year it didn't look to me a coaching set up full of enthusiasm or know how. It's not about the under20s as they are doing fine but are not developing into first team players. McCall could be the answer but we thought butcher might be when he was flying at Inverness. I'd suggest somebody working with Ian Murray, maybe MacLeish if he was interested could be the answer and then bring Ian Murray along as he has done a remarkable job at Dumbarton. At the moment I'm not filled with any confidence that butcher is the man but will give him next season to see if he can do it.
We need a long term strategy and if Petrie isn't influencing the manager that would be a start.
It will go one of two ways next season. Either we start well and the fans are behind the team or we will sink into even more mediocrity. I hope it's the former but we must have plan b ready if it's not. I'm as go smacked as everybody else at what's happened but being an amateur coah myself see so many things wrong with hibs set up as to worry where we are going.
The last thing is set up of the team and style of play. There is none at the moment and the first thing whoever is in charge needs to sorta apologies for length of post but just trying to vent my spleen like everybody else. Rant thankfully over.

Stonewall
29-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Which is more to do with having McCall rather than dempster

But it's her job to put the right person in the manager's position.