PDA

View Full Version : Could we go down again?

judas
28-05-2014, 08:26 PM
It's happened to a few big teams in England (wolves, Sheffield wed, Leeds etc) and we seem to be charting new territory in the land of the unthinkable.

The clubs in disarray and right now our only move has been to end 14 contracts.

Colonel_HFC
28-05-2014, 08:29 PM
It's happened to a few big teams in England (wolves, Sheffield wed, Leeds etc) and we seem to be charting new territory in the land of the unthinkable.

To answer the title question: Yes, we could go down again if we don't get enough points to avoid relegation.

Steve20
28-05-2014, 08:33 PM
We won't go down again. However, we'll be a championship club for the next 3-4 years minimum, IMO.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 08:34 PM

Feasibly yes, sadly. Without drastic change. A new starting 11 filled with hungry, pacy, strong players able to pass would be all that would save us. If we don't get this, I fear the worst.

Petrie out and Dempster being in full control may well save us.

Club need the fans. The fans don't want Petrie. Many fans will happily return if Petrie was out. More fans turning up and buying tickets, and fan initiatives from Dempster could well propel us right back up. I'll still turn up to some games next season if Petrie stays. If Petrie goes, I'll buy merchandise, a ST and sign up to any fan initiative that I can afford.

scuttle
28-05-2014, 08:35 PM

IF we don't change our playing staff and our playing style then yes we could easily go down again IMO

Sir David Gray
28-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Of course we could, any club could be relegated.

I highly doubt we'll be bad enough to be relegated to League One though.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Destined for several years in the doldrums, has been on the cards for years and I see no quick way back for Hibs, hope I'm wrong.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 09:06 PM
We won't go down again. However, we'll be a championship club for the next 3-4 years minimum, IMO.

I would be really surprised if we are down there 3 or 4 years.
2 at most imho.

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 09:07 PM
What i saw on Sunday was about junior level, teams will rip us to shreds if we play like that and why should anything change next season.

ballengeich
28-05-2014, 09:18 PM
In the playoff we were beaten on penalties by the team which finished second in this year's championship. If we keep the premier standard players who're under contract and sign sensibly to get a more balanced squad we should at least make next season's playoffs.

Ringothedog
28-05-2014, 09:23 PM

It's funny but I think if we get ourselves sorted out,get rid of Petrie, sign a good few players that we will win the championship. Opinions eh ?

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Clubs can quickly find themselves on a downward spiral and things getting out of control. Having a stable, competitive team next season is going to be vital. We'll need a strong start; a platform to build from.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 09:29 PM

No

4 Front Teeth
28-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Strength and depth of Scottish leagues nothing like as strong as England. Only question is if we will win, or if we will go up through playoffs.

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Strength and depth of Scottish leagues nothing like as strong as England. Only question is if we will win, or if we will go up through playoffs.

I wish that were the only question, but I'm not nearly so confident. We'll need a massive improvement in all areas if we're to go straight back up. As things stand right now the club is in disarray.

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Might as well jump on the band wagon . Were ****ed . We will be In third divison with in 3 years . Gonna surely have to sell training facilites . Just cant see any way out of this and our great club will be no more . We are just utterly screwed and I cant see any way out . Anyone that is trying to see positive possibility are mentally deranged .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Moon unit
28-05-2014, 10:12 PM

Cheerful!...give us a break!

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Might as well jump on the band wagon . Were ****ed . We will be In third divison with in 3 years . Gonna surely have to sell training facilites . Just cant see any way out of this and our great club will be no more . We are just utterly screwed and I cant see any way out . Anyone that is trying to see positive possibility are mentally deranged .

You can't be serious? Am I missing attempted irony here?

erin go bragh
28-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Away and throw tom kite at yourself's . Bunch of sad negative defeatist gits , bar a few . We have more chance of winning the championship than spfl . The zombie huns have not got any cash and need to cut costs , the diet huns have already got shot of their high earners/ experienced players
And some think we might go down ??? Get a grip ..

Ggtth

magnificent_seven
28-05-2014, 10:31 PM
No chance!

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:32 PM
You can't be serious? Am I missing attempted irony here?

Yes . Just joining in the misery .

Ronniekirk
28-05-2014, 10:40 PM
I wish folk would stop talking of extreme scenarios .It is too early to know what will happen .

Hermit Crab
28-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Some silly threads popping up now.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-05-2014, 10:54 PM
We're donald ducked ...what decent players going to sign for this shambles of a club

Shields Hibee
28-05-2014, 10:59 PM
No but don't expect an instant return either, can see us being in the championship for a few seasons.

Scottie
28-05-2014, 11:07 PM
No as it canny get any worse than Sunday
Lets see what happens over the close season but for some stupid reason I'm optimistic.

lord bunberry
28-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Some silly threads popping up now.

And this is the silliest, there's no chance that we will be relegated again next season.

Jdawg
28-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Thread should be closed, hibs as a club is soft are fans turning the same way? It's the championship we are in for gods sake. Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton we will be playing.

A few good signings and we will be fine, we only have to finish top 4 to be in the play off.

I bet this type of thread isn't over on sickbag

Jones28
29-05-2014, 12:23 AM
What the **** is this? Get it removed and we will never speak of this again.

HoboHarry
29-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Really think that some posters are competing to start the most idiotic thread....

calumhibee1
29-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Absolutely no chance

H18Y GW
29-05-2014, 03:48 AM

Your the biggest pessimist on this board or any other Hibs Board by miles, I'm not certain we will make it up next season but I would wager a bet we will be in the playoffs at least and in there fighting.

Nomeancity
29-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Can I remind everyone what we said last year - we will never go down. Even when we were staring down the barrel we though it couldn't happen. Since Sunday has anything happened which makes you thin Alloa won't give us a game next season.

Lang Toun Hibs
29-05-2014, 06:35 AM
No

I agree...of course we may struggle if with no goalkeeper in the squad! Oh but wait, our goalkeeping coach could fill in for us!

Islington Hibs
29-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Thread should be closed, hibs as a club is soft are fans turning the same way? It's the championship we are in for gods sake. Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton we will be playing.

A few good signings and we will be fine, we only have to finish top 4 to be in the play off.

I bet this type of thread isn't over on sickbag

We have no God given right. Sure with our resources we should easily get back up but Hibs have a strange mixture of arrogance and insecurity. We lost last season to QOS, Raith and Hamilton and indeed were outplayed in two of those games. Many of our players have left and we need to re-build an entire squad from scratch pretty well. On top of that this is a pretty competitive league with two other 'big clubs' in it.

I most certainly do not expect us to go down but we need to understand that on current form anything is possible and we need through hard graft and some fair to re-build our battered reputation. We need to enter The Championship with a bit of humility and earn our place back at the top. Much will depend on who signs and what their attitude is. Get off to a bad start and things could get very nasty indeed. Lets hope that is not the case but having witnessed some extraordinary self inflicted wounds we should take nothing for granted

To answer a different question I for one would be delighted, but pretty surprised if we got back in a season.

Keith_M
29-05-2014, 09:36 AM

Jesus Wept.

Go take your forty pieces of silver now.

Sunny Leith
29-05-2014, 11:59 AM
In the playoff we were beaten on penalties by the team which finished second in this year's championship. If we keep the premier standard players who're under contract and sign sensibly to get a more balanced squad we should at least make next season's playoffs.

I would love to know who the premier league standard players you quote above are. Hanlon in defence, Stanton and perhaps Robertson/Cummings. Apart from that I can't think of any?

Raith Rovers (who were at the bottom end of the table) beat us at home as did Hamilton, both quite comfortably last season. Did we even muster an attempt last Sunday?!

Along with the usual Hearts losses and likely Rangers defeats - it will be a very long season. Even Falkirk destroyed us not long ago before Sparky saved us, doubt Collins will be banging them in from 25 yards to save the day.

judas
29-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Your the biggest pessimist on this board or any other Hibs Board by miles, I'm not certain we will make it up next season but I would wager a bet we will be in the playoffs at least and in there fighting.

ooooofff. That's a sore one right in my guts.

I was just asking a question.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I never thought we would drop this season so nothing would surprise me tbh.

I very much doubt it but let's be honest.. It is Hibs we're on about!!

flash
29-05-2014, 12:12 PM

Is that your opinion, you haven't told us that before.

eggbamyasi
29-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Poor effort, you forgot to add
Hope I'm wrong

Which seems to show support while speculating how bad we will be for years to come.

Might see yo at ER next season, I'll be the other Hibby there.

Hehe . yep see you there dude . Will have free pick of 20,000 seats .
GGTTH .
what I really think is . If and its a reasonably medium sized if butcher gets a good budget I dont fear this divison at all . We have a financially ****ed rangers with boycotting fans and a hearts team with no bigger budget than us . Bring it on I think if we get the right players in and butcher can galvanise them as a fighting team which he can do we can have a season to remember and get back to where we should be . I think as long as we get a good squad in it could be a cracker of a season gonna be so close and one bonus is the two hun cheats will have to take points off each other . If you look past the misery and dark clouds this is exactly what hibs needed a sharp shock and a complete clear out . In 98 it happened and we cleared out big time lost all the dross and came back a much better club also were unlucky not to win sc with that team too . Dont get me wrong im as gutted as the next man but im trying to look for positives as best I can . This all relies on LD giveing the budget that we need .
GGTTH

Dobosz83
29-05-2014, 12:45 PM
We won't go down again.

We will make the playoffs, likely with Hearts and Falkirk. Who knows what happens from then, I dread to think. Knowing Hibs we'll be in a position where we'll have to navigate our way through 3 hurdles home and away.

I don't think we'll get up next season. At best, within 2 years but realistically I'm thinking 3 or 4 is a distinct possibility. My concern thereafter is we become a yoyo club.

League 1 - won't happen next season, or any thereafter.

Billy McKirdy
29-05-2014, 12:51 PM
In response to the original post, it's an entirely valid question and based on current form it's more than possible, do I think we will go down? No.
With some decent signings and an improvement in form and fortune, we should be ok, maybe even pushing for a play off place, but it's all ifs, buts and mibbes just now, I feel the flack the o.p.'s getting for putting the question up is OTT.

HibbySpurs
29-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Silly thread.... We wont go down of that I am 99.999999% certain.....

In fact despite the current turmoil/crisis the club is in I firmly believe that if swift and decisive action is taken from top to bottom in the club that we cant just reach the play-offs but we can win the Championship and stick it right up the "establishment" clubs.....

Imagine the embarrasement to The Rangers if they failed to come up as Hibs & Hearts waved them bye byes?

I'd like to see that to be honest......

Swift action required and I hope our new CEO is up to the task... I also hope that our manager if he is to remain has no ideas about jetting off on a summer jolly this close season.....

He's cleared the team out so now he has to re-build it and fast and getting them playing (winning) football as a team by August....

GGTTH

pennyhibee
29-05-2014, 02:35 PM
No I have a feeling the penny has dropped all round now at last and the club will take the actions required to get us back up Next season ? Yes :flag:

mcculloch1875
29-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Of course we could go down, trying to build a new team in 12 weeks will be a very hard job. This is exactly the reason why we have been relegated this year noone thought we would be until it was too late.

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2014, 04:58 PM
In response to the original post, it's an entirely valid question and based on current form it's more than possible, do I think we will go down? No.
With some decent signings and an improvement in form and fortune, we should be ok, maybe even pushing for a play off place, but it's all ifs, buts and mibbes just now, I feel the flack the o.p.'s getting for putting the question up is OTT.

I agree with you. I was complacent last season, not giving relegation a thought until a few weeks before it happened. It didn't cross my mind it was even a possibility until it was too late. As someone said above, we have no automatic right to anything, and whilst I don't believe we'll be relegated a second time, right now I'm not confident of a swift return to the SPL. We need a solid base on and off the pitch before we can progress. As I said earlier, I think we'll need a good start to gain momentum and avoid hanging around mid table all season.

29-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I don't believe we will be relegated from the championship but like another poster said, I reckon it'll be 3 years at least till we are back in the SPL.

Alfred E Newman
29-05-2014, 09:14 PM
We don't have a clue who will be playing here next season so at the moment we don't know what kind of team we will be watching. Butchers venture into the transfer market in January does not fill me with confidence.

sahib
29-05-2014, 11:29 PM
And this is the silliest, there's no chance that we will be relegated again next season.

Are you the guy that said there was no danger we would be relegated this season? Someone should get that thread back up? The minute I read that one I knew they were tempting fate.

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Can I remind everyone what we said last year - we will never go down. Even when we were staring down the barrel we though it couldn't happen. Since Sunday has anything happened which makes you thin Alloa won't give us a game next season.No, you can remind those that said it, some of us thought it was very possible with the shambolic way this club has been run, it nearly happened two seasons ago, the writing has been on the wall for a long time but too many continued tae back the ****er running this club (in tae the ground) and look where we are now. I doubt we'll go any further down TBH but nor am I arrogant tae dismiss it out of hand like some did this time. I think we'll struggle tae get out of this league for 2 or 3 seasons though particularly if **** face remains at the club.

judas
23-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Probably not, but bump anyway.:taxi

Sir David Gray
23-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Probably not, but bump anyway.:taxi

We won't be relegated to League One.

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2014, 06:19 PM
We don't have a clue who will be playing here next season so at the moment we don't know what kind of team we will be watching. Butchers venture into the transfer market in January does not fill me with confidence.

When I posted this I didn't for one minute think it would be basically the same team!!!

Nando™
23-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Not a chance of this happening IMO.

silverhibee
23-08-2014, 06:23 PM

:agree:

No chance we will lose to Dunfermline in the play off's.

Ross89
23-08-2014, 06:25 PM
We are not very good - so yes, we could go down again.

Scandalous situation.

Sylar
23-08-2014, 06:28 PM
We are not very good - so yes, we could go down again.

Scandalous situation.

You're quite right but maintain some sense of perspective - in 3 games we've played 2 of the other favourites to go up this season in Hearts and Falkirk.

We're unlikely to be worse over the course of a season than clubs like Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Queen of the South or Alloa...

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 06:30 PM
No

Stranraer
23-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Absolutely we will NOT be relegated.

H18 SFR
23-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Destined for several years in the doldrums, has been on the cards for years and I see no quick way back for Hibs, hope I'm wrong.

This has been my fear since the loss in the playoffs. Whatever way you look at it, we essentially have the same team that got us relegated. Now, I know some folk will disagree with this, however the return of Booth (championship player recently) Farid (championship player in recent times) and Allan and Kennedy (essentially young players with potential) does not hide the fact that we are an extremely poor squad made up of players not good enough for the Premiership. We are, at the current time a very average team, a team I'd describe as a very average championship side.

H18 SFR
23-08-2014, 06:35 PM

The fact he is a pessimist is irrelevant. His conclusion seems logical to me and I'm sure many others too.

Ross89
23-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Are you the guy that said there was no danger we would be relegated this season? Someone should get that thread back up? The minute I read that one I knew they were tempting fate.

I think it's "Mikey" you are thinking about (an Admin on here).

He started a thread basically saying there was no chance we'd be in a relegation playoff. Strangely, enough the thread was eventually deleted !!!!!!!

LOL !!!! :-)

Baader
23-08-2014, 11:48 PM
It's heartbreaking what has been allowed to happen to this football club. Thoroughly depressing and we don't deserve it.

macca70
23-08-2014, 11:58 PM
YES!! We've changed the club infrastructure and management team but our 1 st team playing staff are still the same clowns that got us relegated and beat last season by raith

over the line
24-08-2014, 12:03 AM
It is possible yes of course (very little is impossible). But will it happen, I'd say a big fat NO, qualified with an 'of course not'! It might not be the start to the season we all hoped for, but its early days yet and a long, long, long way off despair and disaster!

yankyhibby
24-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Dramatic thread title, but the point made is worthy of consideration. I for one think it highly unlikely (as bad as we are) that we will go down, again, but, yes, it's possible. Just as it's possible that Dumbarton will clinch the championship title ahead of The Rangers or Hearts.

Pete
24-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Utter nonsense. Makes you wonder why it's been bumped up again.

macca70
24-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Yes, Raith beat us at ER last season, we appear to be worse this season

Pete
24-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Yes, Raith beat us at ER last season, we appear to be worse this season

So we're going to get relegated because we lost a cup match to raith last season? You could use the same logic to somehow come up with the opinion that we will win the league and two cups.

And did you watch us last season? You can't be serious when you say that we're worse than that.

This place is mental sometimes.

Springbank
24-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Wouldn't rule it out until Leigh Geiffiths signs

The. Rest of them are push poor

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Going on current form we most certainly could be.

We're ****in awful

malagahibby
24-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I think some of the half wits that post on here do it when their mums are oot at the bingo .
Relegated -gee us peace.
In fact just get aff the board .your constant whining is getting to is all .

weecounty hibby
24-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I think that relegation again for us is very very unlikely but i said after the Hamilton game on the bus home that it could take us 10 years to properly recover from relegation. I dont just mean promotion but to recover as a club. We are split as a fan base. Split between fans and owner/board, split between fans and players. Revenues will continue to drop and it will be more and more difficult to attract decent players to ER. Unfortunately I still think this may be true.

emerald green
24-08-2014, 08:43 PM
One thing I've learned watching Hibs over the years is that absolutely anything is possible (remember chucking away a 4-2 lead at Tynecastle with the game into extra time?).

However, I don't think the club will be relegated again. That really would be the doomsday scenario for this club.

More importantly though, as things currently stand, I do not believe the club has the strength and depth on the pitch to win this league outright. Whether we have enough the get promotion through the play offs is just pure guesswork this early in the season. A few bad injuries could wreck our season.

The board simply MUST find the money to allow the head coach to bring in good reinforcements to the playing squad. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

hibees 7062
24-08-2014, 08:49 PM

We're ****in awful

:agree: This

greenlex
24-08-2014, 08:56 PM
We are not awful. FFS change the record.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I keep thinking threads and posts can't get more ridiculous, yet I should know better.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 09:01 PM
We won't go down again, the suggestion is far fetched in the extreme.

I don't think we will win the league but we will be scrapping it out for 3rd or 4th. Over the course of a season no way will be the worst team in this league, not even close.

SMAXXA
24-08-2014, 09:02 PM

We're ****in awful

No we're not

DTS
24-08-2014, 09:04 PM
No we will finish in the playoffs and probably lose over two legs in the 3rd 4th game

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Absolutely we will NOT be relegated.

Sure some said that last season.

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2014, 10:33 PM
No we're not

Aren't we?

Played 4 competitive games this season

Won 1

Lost 3

Pretty awful IMO

Sadly most Hibs fans now accept failure & defeats as the norm

CRAZYHIBBY
25-08-2014, 07:05 AM
No ...but we wont be bouncing straight back up thats for sure

Ronniekirk
25-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Aren't we?

Won 1

Lost 3

Pretty awful IMO

Stubbs isn't long in the door and we have played three teams that will be in to five at end of season who are ahead of us in preparation. there is no doubt ino we need to strengthen if we want to be serious challenger for league title but next four games will tell us where we are likely to be and will let us see which teams are being consistent week in week out in performance and results But we now really need to start converting our chances as already it's clear that is an issue and until we remedy it it will cost us points and we don't want to let the gap grow beyond six points at this early stage as having a smaller squad will mean we aren't best placed to cope with injuries and suspension going forward

theonlywayisup
26-08-2014, 08:39 PM
:flag::flag:

theonlywayisup

steakbake
26-08-2014, 11:26 PM
I can't see us going down but I certainly don't imagine we're going straight back up unless we make a dramatic turnaround.

Jim44
27-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Aren't we?

Won 1

Lost 3

Pretty awful IMO

The facts are the only accurate pointer to our potential fate. Our rubbish start to the season, including the precarious position we were in last night, suggests that we 'could' be relegated. The OP asks 'could' not 'will'. There is only one possible answer. I don't think we will be relegated but last season should have taught a lesson.

matty_f
27-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Brutal thread.

Ricky Bobby
27-08-2014, 05:48 PM
The facts are the only accurate pointer to our potential fate. Our rubbish start to the season, including the precarious position we were in last night, suggests that we 'could' be relegated. The OP asks 'could' not 'will'. There is only one possible answer. I don't think we will be relegated but last season should have taught a lesson.

Anyone who has been to see us this season would see that, we are easily good enough to compete with Hearts and The rangers for the play off place. We are making enough chances to win games comfortably. Once the strikers get a few and the confidence starts to build we wont be far away. Last season we were not creating any chances so therefore we had no way of winning games.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2014, 05:53 PM

Only, only in the seemingly latest flavour of fear and self-loathing could such a notion be put into a thread.

This along with folks/threads trying to out-do themselves in doom-mongering and slating increasingly youthful HIBS players (foetus out!) should be consigned to room 101 / dustbin / whatever.

judas
30-08-2014, 07:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Is this going to be brought up every time we lose a game?

We are garbage, I think everyone knows that and we're almost certainly not going up. However we won't be relegated.

If we finish behind the likes of Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa after 36 games and nine months of football then I give up.

Viva_Palmeiras
Room 101 dude, room 101.

Hiber-nation
:rolleyes:

Ach away and stick your rolleyes where the sun don't shine.

H18 SFR
30-08-2014, 07:50 PM
We are set to be the new Falkirk. So called amazing youth setup that never materialses in a top league status. We've got more coaches than good players.

Ronniekirk
30-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Have posted a few negative comments tonight in wake of that defeat ,but we won't go down no chance of that .

Capt Mainwaring
30-08-2014, 08:06 PM
We won't get relegated but we will be nearer the bottom of the league than the top with this bunch of useless, gutless no marks.

To mix my metaphors - we've reached the bottom of the barrel and were still digging!!!!!

Joe6-2
30-08-2014, 08:17 PM
What really angers me is that Scottish football has never been so bad and yet we find ourselves slipping further and further down, I fear for our club

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2014, 08:57 PM
We won't get relegated! We are ****** awful and we could do!

Kyle A
30-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Lot's of people said to me last season there was no way we could go down. Look how that turned out. The question for me is not "could we go down" this season" but, do I care?

cleanyman
30-08-2014, 09:06 PM
It could happen again, of course it could.

6 months ago we lost to Raith Rovers and this season we've already been beaten by Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk and now part time Alloa.

We can't even beat a team that trains twice a week and whose players have 'normal' jobs

We're in trouble.

Scottie
30-08-2014, 09:16 PM
It could happen again, of course it could.

6 months ago we lost to Raith Rovers and this season we've already been beaten by Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk and now part time Alloa.

We can't even beat a team that trains twice a week and whose players have 'normal' jobs

We're in trouble.
This post sum's up how far this great club has fallen

Can't believe it.

Soul destroying

Greenblood70
30-08-2014, 10:45 PM
With the core of cowards from last season still disgracing the jersey relegation is certainly a possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH1875
31-08-2014, 06:30 AM
We won't go down but alas, we won't go up either. We will finish 4th and lose out in the playoffs.

leggeto
31-08-2014, 06:48 AM
We are going the same way as Leeds or wolves here,in total freefall
No way will we get promoted this season,I predict a 5th or 6th place finish
We prob should get rid of the guys who were involved in our relegation and bring some youth players in their place as it looks like they are scared
Robertson, Craig, Stevenson, OTJ,heffernan, should be gone or I do fear for us,get rid now and don't wait til January to do it

Onion
31-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Won't go down but every team in this league will now fancy their chances against us. They'll see it as a great chance to take a big scalp (in name only).

lobster
31-08-2014, 08:22 AM
We prob should get rid of the guys who were involved in our relegation and bring some youth players in their place as it looks like they are scared
Robertson, Craig, Stevenson, OTJ,heffernan, should be gone or I do fear for us,get rid now and don't wait til January to do it

Pretty much agreed and interesting that you compare the situation to Wolves in particular. It took freefall before things could change there and looks what has happened now. The penny needs to drop quickly at higher levels of this club that the clear out needs to be completed before any renaissance can begin.
Like many others I like Stubbs and sincerely hope he turns it around but Ian Murray is much better equipped to deal with this situation IMO regardless of the difficulties he might be experiencing at the start of this campaign. The transformation he effected at Dumbarton last year was hugely impressive. It might be that Stubbs is the type of manager who can develop a really good side when the resources are already in place. This is clearly not the case at the moment.
In short of course we could go down. Probably not but having seen what happened over the last 7 years it is not completely unrealistic. Freefall is a reality now.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 08:31 AM

Finishing 5th or 6th is almost as worrying as relegation. It's not difficult for a team to get stuck in this division for several years, once you are down here it's not an easy place to get out of.

It took St Johnstone 7 years to get back up after relegation in 2002.

St Mirren took 5 years from 2001 to 2006.

Falkirk took 4 years from 2010 to 2014.

The longer we are down the worse the financial situation gets and the harder the task becomes. If the board think not reallt having a go at promotion this year is a safe strategy because we will win the league next year without Hearts and Rangers then I think they are sadly mistaken.

Islington Hibs
31-08-2014, 08:31 AM
I doubt we will but look at the facts. Two wins out of the last 17 last season. Lost to Hamilton, Raith, Hearts, Falkirk and now Alloa. Sort of deserved win (but fortunate goal) v Livingston and great comeback granted v Dumbarton having been down and out with 12 minutes to play. We are a team no one is afraid of, who as a 'big club' the minnows are up for, who have little confidence and are fragile, who's support is completely and understandably fractured, and who's Board is greeted with derision. I would say, without a substantial change and better players it is possible. On current form I would say we will end up some where between 5 and 8, but frankly worse is not impossible. Sorry to be so cheery on a Sunday morning!

Jim44
01-09-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm bumping this thread back up as I don't think it should ever be far from the top of the first page. In fact, I think it should become a 'sticky'.

The Harp Awakes
01-09-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm bumping this thread back up as I don't think it should ever be far from the top of the first page. In fact, I think it should become a 'sticky'.

Well you can bet your bottom dollar that every team in the league bar none will outfight us on the pitch. Add to that our inability to score goals and a threadbare squad, then it ain't looking good.

NOLA
01-09-2014, 11:42 PM
where are the goals coming from? can we stop goals being scored against us? do we have an experienced manager with recent knowledge of the scottish leagues to steer us in the right direction? could we go down again? yes.

Judas Iscariot
02-09-2014, 06:24 AM
We're in massive trouble again but the ostrich brigade on here will deny it until about 5 games to go...

Totally incapable of keeping clean sheets, even against part timers who train twice a week for 2 hours, don't score many goals, lost our only goal scoring threat to a long term injury...

We most certainly could go down again

marinello59
02-09-2014, 06:28 AM
We're in massive trouble again but the ostrich brigade on here will deny it until about 5 games to go...

Totally incapable of keeping clean sheets, even against part timers who train twice a week for 2 hours, don't score many goals, lost our only goal scoring threat to a long term injury...

A new brigade? :greengrin
No offence but the last people who we should be throwing jibes at is our fellow long suffering fans. All the blame begins and ends with those running our club.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 06:32 AM

You would be delighted.

greenpaper55
02-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Finishing 5th or 6th is almost as worrying as relegation. It's not difficult for a team to get stuck in this division for several years, once you are down here it's not an easy place to get out of.

It took St Johnstone 7 years to get back up after relegation in 2002.

St Mirren took 5 years from 2001 to 2006.

Falkirk took 4 years from 2010 to 2014.

The longer we are down the worse the financial situation gets and the harder the task becomes. If the board think not reallt having a go at promotion this year is a safe strategy because we will win the league next year without Hearts and Rangers then I think they are sadly mistaken.

And none of the above have a new stand to pay for or the luxury of a 5 million pound training centre. Our position now just highlights the folly of investing in bricks and mortar ( and therefore increasing the value of Rod's share at no cost to him ) when the correct path was to invest in the playing side, it's an utter scandal that this has come to pass, get that conduit out !.

Aldo
02-09-2014, 06:36 AM
Relegation has been the accumulation of years and years of total mismanagement by the Chairman and owner.

There is definitely a real possibility that we could be in this division for a good couple of seasons.

That for me will me reduced income, paying reduced wages in front of reduced crowds.

Never mind we have a cracking training centre and a superb stadium (which will be less than half full ) to look at every home game.

We need a change at the top and yesterday. Yip STF saved our club and he will forever be remembered for that but we are slowly suffocating the way the club has been run and if something isn't done about soon we will never recover any time soon.

Ambition and drive.

If teams with considerably smaller budgets can do it why can't we.

Judas Iscariot
02-09-2014, 06:40 AM
A new brigade? :greengrin
No offence but the last people who we should be throwing jibes at is our fellow long suffering fans. All the blame begins and ends with those running our club.

Cant have too many new brigades :greengrin

If we had been more realistic and actually not blinkered at how awful we've been for season and did something about it before now we'd might not be in this mess!

You would be delighted.

Aye big man, spot on :rolleyes::aok:

BT58
02-09-2014, 07:09 AM
All the so called lesser teams will look at Hibs game as their cup final, and we all know what happens to Hibs in cup finals.
I do not think we will go down, however i think we will hover around the 5/6 th place.
Things aint gonna get better any time soon
Just wish AS would start all day training at EM.

Cameron1875
02-09-2014, 07:41 AM
I actually think we might or at least be around the relegation playoff spot.

We have absolutely nowt up front, no one from midfield who scores, and a defence that is hardly an iron curtain.

No point in having wingers whip balls into the box if our strikers are short a***s. Severely worried.

MrSmith
02-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Every chance and one I wouldn't dismiss out of hand! We have not learned lessons at all and to quote another "insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results!"

No players identified in advance, no signings identified and signed at seasons end, loanees on last day of window! AWESOME!

The_Sauz
02-05-2015, 10:13 PM
The D&G club must be sick that we finished 2nd TOP! No doubt we will get relegated next season :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 10:15 PM
The D&G club must be sick that we finished 2nd TOP! No doubt we will get relegated next season :rolleyes:

Ooh I bet you feel all superior now.

Golden Bear
02-05-2015, 10:17 PM

Dumfries & Galloway - do we have a supporters club there ?

Jim44
02-05-2015, 10:21 PM

This is a load of cr@p. I'm apparently one of the so-called D&G club and I'm delighted that we have ended up where we have. At no point have I ever hinted that failure would give me any perverse satisfaction and I resent the tone of this rubbish.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Only on Hibs net could we dig up a negative thread after such a good performance and result!!

Get this to ****.

The_Sauz
02-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Ooh I bet you feel all superior now.
How did you come to that conclusion :confused: or are you just upset that I have a bit more faith in the club and was willing to see what LD brought to the club before writing us off :rolleyes:

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 10:32 PM
How did you come to that conclusion :confused: or are you just upset that I have a bit more faith in the club and was willing to see what LD brought to the club before writing us off :rolleyes:

I think some folk just got so fed up of seeing us losing they were worried. Do we really need to have a go at them? After last season before Stubbs arrived I had no idea where we would be at this point.

Thankfully LD and the board got this appointment spot on and we are miles ahead of this time last year. Let's just enjoy getting back on track rather than digging up old pointless threads.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 10:33 PM

Bumping an old thread seems a strange thing to do on what should be a night where everyone is happy. Not sure what point was being made really.

There's 2 or 3 folk been at it tonight, having wee digs at other fans, what joy you get from it is beyond me. Suggesting anyone would be 'sick' we finished 2nd is just bizarre.

Oh and fwiw I clearly stated earlier in the thread we wouldn't be relegated again so looks like I had as much 'faith' as you.

Ronniekirk
02-05-2015, 10:37 PM
I think some folk just got so fed up of seeing us losing they were worried. Do we really need to have a go at them? After last season before Stubbs arrived I had no idea where we would be at this point.

Thankfully LD and the board got this appointment spot on and we are miles ahead of this time last year. Let's just enjoy getting back on track rather than digging up old pointless threads.
Yep I checked out what I said at the time on this thread which was it was too early to be drawing conclusions .Having said that I must confess I wasn't confident we would end up finishing second and Stubbs and his backroom Staff need to get huge Credit for the way they have turned things round given the Shambles they inherited once we had been Butchered

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Bumping an old thread seems a strange thing to do on what should be a night where everyone is happy. Not sure what point was being made really.

There's 2 or 3 folk been at it tonight, having wee digs at other fans, what joy you get from it is beyond me. Suggesting anyone would be 'sick' we finished 2nd is just bizarre.

Oh and fwiw I clearly stated earlier in the thread we wouldn't be relegated again so looks like I had as much 'faith' as you.

I've not read the thread PB but sometimes if you're on a thread where your getting pelters from all angles and then you're proved right it must be tempting to dig it up and say GIRFUY.

The_Sauz
02-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Nobody did mate, but some on this thread had Hibs being down for 3/4 years or even getting relegated again!

Andy74
02-05-2015, 10:42 PM
I've not read the thread PB but sometimes if you're on a thread where your getting pelters from all angles and then you're proved right it must be tempting to dig it up and say GIRFUY.

Too right. Some of the nonsense on this thread was ignoring a number of things we could see being put in place and was way too early. Deserves to be highlighted.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Nobody did mate, but some on this thread had Hibs being down for 3/4 years or even getting relegated again!

I know bud, as I say I think folk were worried the state we got in.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Too right. Some of the nonsense on this thread was ignoring a number of things we could see being put in place and was way too early. Deserves to be highlighted.

Really? For someone who jumps on anything negative you think this helps?

Jim44
02-05-2015, 10:54 PM
I've already expressed my annoyance at the suggestions that some of us would have enjoyed 'failure' but just to keep a spark in the embers, let's not lose track of the fact that what we have achieved is only the first part of the equation. If we don't do the business in the playoffs, then, bottom line, we will have 'failed'. And sorry to disappoint the finger pointers, but I and I'm sure many other 'D&Gloomers will be as gutted as the next guy if we miss out on promotion.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 11:01 PM
I've already expressed my annoyance at the suggestions that some of us would have enjoyed 'failure' but just to keep a spark in the embers, let's not lose track of the fact that what we have achieved is only the first part of the equation. If we don't do the business in the playoffs, then, bottom line, we will have 'failed'. And sorry to disappoint the finger pointers, but I and I'm sure many other 'D&Gloomers will be as gutted as the next guy if we miss out on promotion.

I don't think Stubbs would have failed if we didn't manage to go up. Yes its massively disappointing but from the start of the season to now the change is huge. Just hope we do have enough in the tank to get us over the line but if we don't finishing second was some going.

Also don't get involved with others on here about being a D&G. Between that and Happy Clappers it makes me laugh the amount of folk who try and be smug to prove a point! We're all Hibs fans and I for one don't think anyone on here would want our club to fail.

Maybe Ozy might (kidding 😜)

Time For Heroes
02-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Only on Hibs net could we dig up a negative thread after such a good performance and result!!

Get this to ****.

Agreed

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 11:04 PM
I don't think Stubbs would have failed if we didn't manage to go up. Yes its massively disappointing but from the start of the season to now the change is huge. Just hope we do have enough in the tank to get us over the line but if we don't finishing second was some going.

Also don't get involved with others on here about being a D&G. Between that and Happy Clappers it makes me laugh the amount of folk who try and be smug to prove a point! We're all Hibs fans and I for one don't think anyone on here would want our club to fail.

Maybe Ozy might (kidding 😜)

Doom & gloomers is sooooo 2010. Everyone knows the correct hillarious term these days is bedwetters.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Doom & gloomers is sooooo 2010. Everyone knows the correct hillarious term these days is bedwetters.

Damn... I'm so out of touch these days! Anyway I still think Calderwood should be sacked his football is crap!!!!!

The_Sauz
02-05-2015, 11:10 PM
I know bud, as I say I think folk were worried the state we got in.

Being worried? Is that not part & parcel of being a Hibs fan :greengrin
To be honest with you, I think Hibs getting relegated last season was the best thing that could have happened to the club. The club has been under performing both on and off the field for years, and if it meant relegation to give the club a kickin the stones it needed to get change, then so be it! But to write us off when the changes were about to happen, is just crazy.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Being worried? Is that not part & parcel of being a Hibs fan :greengrin
To be honest with you, I think Hibs getting relegated last season was the best thing that could have happened to the club. The club has been under performing both on and off the field for years, and if it meant relegation to give the club a kickin the stones it needed to get change, then so be it! But to write us off when the changes were about to happen, is just crazy.

If we go up then I fully agree with all that! I think going down led us to change the direction of the club. But if we are down another year I'm worried how long we end up down.

Saying that I'm more confident of winning it next season than I was for this that's for sure.

The_Sauz
02-05-2015, 11:15 PM

Come on give me a break...I'm just about to turn 56 (156 in Hibs years :greengrin) and I get kind of confused!
So I'm sorry If I upset the bedwetters by calling you Doom & Gloomers, it will not happen again!

The_Sauz
02-05-2015, 11:27 PM
If we go up then I fully agree with all that! I think going down led us to change the direction of the club. But if we are down another year I'm worried how long we end up down.

Saying that I'm more confident of winning it next season than I was for this that's for sure.

If we don't go up, it won't be due to the lack of fight from the players and coaching staff as it showed today (Yesterday sorry) If we play to our potential, then I believe we can go up :agree: But the team & club need every fan to get right behind them in the final push.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 11:28 PM
If we don't go up, it won't be due to the lack of fight from the players and coaching staff as it showed today (Yesterday sorry) If we play to our potential, then I believe we can go up :agree: But the team & club need every fan to get right behind them in the final push.

Couldn't agree more [emoji106]🏼 Lets get behind the boys for the final push!

Carheenlea
02-05-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't think anyone on here can claim an unblemished posting history, and while looking back over old threads can make some of us look wildly off the mark, those posts were made when emotions are running high in the immediate aftermath of disappointment and anger at poor results/performances. Message boards exist as a platform for fans to express their feelings 24-7, and dredging up old threads doesn't really serve much purpose in my opinion.

Andy74
03-05-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't think anyone on here can claim an unblemished posting history, and while looking back over old threads can make some of us look wildly off the mark, those posts were made when emotions are running high in the immediate aftermath of disappointment and anger at poor results/performances. Message boards exist as a platform for fans to express their feelings 24-7, and dredging up old threads doesn't really serve much purpose in my opinion.

Those of us that like to remain positive, supportive or at least reasonably neutral and understanding of events get constantly reminded when things go wrong so the same applies the other way surely?

superfurryhibby
03-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Those of us that like to remain positive, supportive or at least reasonably neutral and understanding of events get constantly reminded when things go wrong so the same applies the other way surely?

Embarrassing resurrection Andy. Trying too hard methinks.

Quite a few posters predicted at least one season down, not unreasonably. Before we get too smug, let's see if we can actually get promoted first?

Andy74
03-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Embarrassing resurrection Andy. Trying too hard methinks.

Quite a few posters predicted at least one season down, not unreasonably. Before we get too smug, let's see if we can actually get promoted first?

I didn't ressurect it. Just commenting on it.

If we don't get promoted that's a long way from going down.

snooky
03-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 vision.
Dead easy to say I told you so after the event.
Let's look forward & Que Sera Sera.

Andy74
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 vision.
Dead easy to say I told you so after the event.
Let's look forward & Que Sera Sera.

That's not really the point. There were people being accused of being ostriches, of accepting failure and other things.

Commenting on where we are and what might happen is one thing but this thread is a great example of over the top reaction and sometimes people really enjoying putting the boot in.

It's always interesting that there's the fall back of being delighted to be proved wrong or just saying what was happening at the time. That'd be great if there was any sense of balance and thought in the initial opinions.

It always seems alright to constantly go after people who have tried to be positive or at least stand back and see what happens but its always out of order to bring back up where people have been wildly wrong in their negativity? Don't agree with that.

Carheenlea
03-05-2015, 10:51 AM

Like you, I`m one who likes to look for positives and remain supportive throughout, but I don`t particularly like to see old threads dredged up, negative or positive, and used by posters to claim oneupmanship against others. Pointless.

The_Sauz
03-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Like you, I`m one who likes to look for positives and remain supportive throughout, but I don`t particularly like to see old threads dredged up, negative or positive, and used by posters to claim oneupmanship against others. Pointless.
As I was the one who re-opened it, it was never my intentions to feel superior to any fellow Hibs fan (all thought I must be the best looking one*)
The point I was trying to make, was that 3/4 who posted on the thread had us down for 3/4 years and 1/2 others had us getting relegated again! Yes we hurt after we get beat. and yes were hurting even more when we got relegated, but to come on here and start posting some of the thing I have already mentioned, was just plain crazy :agree:

* That was a Joke :na na:

lord bunberry
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Damn... I'm so out of touch these days! Anyway I still think Calderwood should be sacked his football is crap!!!!!
Bedwetter :greengrin

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Bedwetter :greengrin

😁

Keith_M
03-05-2015, 11:58 AM

Jesus Wept.

Go take your forty pieces of silver now.

Engage Smug Mode.

:wink:

DH1875
03-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Looking back, I said we'd get beat in the playoffs. I hope that I was wrong :agree:.