PDA

View Full Version : Meeting between Petrie and HSA/Friday Press Conference

Pages : [1] 2

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 06:39 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/petrie-to-be-urged-to-quit-hibs-by-fans-chief-1-3425731

Hibeesmad
28-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Get him out

bingo70
28-05-2014, 06:47 PM
I'd be tempted to tell petrie to ram his meeting up his erse.

Siralbertkidd
28-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Get him out

Mike Reilly?

.Sean.
28-05-2014, 06:50 PM
He is in for an absolute tanking. We want answers.

Give him Hell, lads.

nribs
Mike Reilly?

I'm already getting fed up hearing from this guy.

Hibeesmad
Mike Reilly?

Petrie

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 06:51 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/petrie-to-be-urged-to-quit-hibs-by-fans-chief-1-3425731

Don't like the tone of sentence "Everything you can think of is on the agenda, it doesn’t need an intelligent person to work out what route we can go and what we can do"......Sounds like a threat

Pretty Boy
28-05-2014, 06:51 PM
If David Forsyth is going with Petrie excpect it to be similar to the Collins/Craig press conference.

Petrie letting his human shield do the talking for him.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 06:52 PM
He has lost the support.

Most people don't believe a word he says.

His business and leadership has failed.

Get him away from our Club so we can start to rebuild.

3pm
28-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Don't like the tone of sentence "Everything you can think of is on the agenda, it doesn’t need an intelligent person to work out what route we can go and what we can do"......Sounds like a threat

Are you going Stevie?

Siralbertkidd
28-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Yep, doesnt sound like the type of negotiator I want

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 06:55 PM

I HATE to write this but I've not renewed 3 ST's yet. Step away from Hibs Mr Petrie and I will renew them all. Simple....

Weir7
If David Forsyth is going with Petrie excpect it to be similar to the Collins/Craig press conference.

Forsyth been in charge of our PR best part of twenty years. Farmers boy. Thats why he still employed. Another failure.

pontius pilate
This will be when the wind of change blows right through everything and rodders reveals his master plan to take the club forward and telling us he has a massive budget and players are already signed up and that he is taking a back seat completely with no control over leanne dempster and her role.

**** me that's was some imagination I have.

I do worry however that something more sinister is brewing with the amount of bodies turning up for this meeting along with rod

Baldy Foghorn
Are you going Stevie?

No......But the negotiations need to be done properly

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Forsyth been in charge of our PR best part of twenty years. Farmers boy. Thats why he still employed. Another failure.

This:top marks

3pm
28-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Agreed, one of the reasons I thought you may be there.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Yep, doesnt sound like the type of negotiator I want

sadly it's the ONLY leverage we have - the sheep at Ibrox have suddenly woken up to this fact.

Petrie has relied on fewer and fewer people's blind loyalty. What does he do when he's the reason why his business can't actually function.

Sorry - but I'm glad you're not negotiating, as obviously you'd have ruled this out...

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 06:58 PM

I cant see anything this man says that will be anywhere near good enough, unless its to say he's left the building.

timewilltell
28-05-2014, 06:59 PM
I'd be tempted to tell petrie to ram his meeting up his erse.

That would help ! Jeez .... Glad your not in charge of the club!

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Agreed, one of the reasons I thought you may be there.

Thanks R, wasn't invited......

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I cant see anything this man says that will be anywhere near good enough, unless its to say he's left the building.
This!

oregonhibby
28-05-2014, 07:05 PM
There will be tears!

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I'd hope the tone of the meeting would be "resign - no concessions".

madhatter
28-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Anybody know the time of the meeting?

greengnome
28-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Just get him tae F*** oot my club!!! Simples!

Westie1875
28-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I hope they're demanding Butcher's resignation as well as Petrie's, both need to go.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm already getting fed up hearing from this guy.

I am getting fed up with constant snipes at Mike Riley. He and other influential Hibbies are trying their best to oust Petrie - this is what we want isn't it?

Some are saying he doesn't represent Hibs fans - well join the association then. It is an association of over 1,000 members and the recent meeting attended by some 500 members is fairly representative of HIbernian's cores support. My own poll conducted on Sunday night in the Hibs club asking roughly 80 people - the overwhelming majority wanted him out, including Butcher.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:17 PM
There will be tears!

Whose?

john rossi
28-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Maybe Farmer will turn up and bully you all into i wish i had 10 ROD PETRIES what happens then?
suppose D.Forsyth wil do that on Farmers behalf.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Would be interested to hear when the meeting is and if association members can attend too.

Also, if we know the time it would be a perfect opportunity for ordinary fans to loudly protest outside the Hibs Club (assuming it is scheduled for there) whilst the meeting is on.

Petrie and Butcher out.

ALF TUPPER
So, who's going ? Just askin like ? :cb

madhatter
I hope they're demanding Butcher's resignation as well as Petrie's, both need to go.

Petrie is priority. No manager has achieved much under Petrie. Especially those that have been around when Rangers' demise came about - one of the biggest teams collapses and Hearts play a young team with 4-5 experienced guys and docked 15 points and we still get relegated. People say Fenlon was better and that is truly debatable and whether or not we'd still have been relegated is, and always will be, an unknown. We were in 5th but even then we were in freefall.

1. Petrie (now without question) 2. Butcher (depending on start to season or if he walks for free now)

Can't afford compensation for new management team. Petrie is the mastermind behind our decline so he has to go.

oregonhibby
28-05-2014, 07:20 PM
To engender sympathy!

madhatter
28-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Maybe Farmer will turn up and bully you all into i wish i had 10 ROD PETRIES what happens then?
suppose D.Forsyth wil do that on Farmers behalf.

Swiftly reply with "Here's one, take him to Farmers Autocare - just need to find nine more. Good luck".

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:23 PM

Steven...you have a PM

lucky
28-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I want RP out and Butcher along with his coaching staff.

I also agree the cheap shots at Mike Reilly are uncalled for. He is the elected Chair of the HSA. But I do think that this meeting should have been open to representatives of all sections of the support.

There can be no negotiation on the way forward if RP is still the chairman of the club.

TornadoHibby
28-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I HATE to write this but I've not renewed 3 ST's yet. Step away from Hibs Mr Petrie and I will renew them all. Simple....

I've not renewed either yet and won't till Butcher's departure from Hibs is confirmed and RP's role becomes simply that of a shareholder! :agree:

Aldo
28-05-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't want to upset anyone or suggest that this will be the case but I am hoping that the meeting doesn't turn into a free for all and slagging match.

Tensions will be high but I would like to think that Petrie will step up to the plate and explain himself and not hide behind his PR man!!!!

Not wanting any BS from him... Straight answers no 5 year plan pish......

Good luck to those going and thanks for taking the time (your own at that) for going!!

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't want to upset anyone or suggest that this will be the case but I am hoping that the meeting doesn't turn into a free for all and slagging match.

Tensions will be high but I would like to think that Petrie will step up to the plate and explain himself and not hide behind his PR man!!!!

Not wanting any BS from him... Straight answers no 5 year plan pish......

Good luck to those going and thanks for taking the time (your own at that) for going!!

I dont think it matters one iota what Petrie says at this meeting, nobody believes a word he utter anymore. Its going to be a complete waste of time unless he says he's completely finished with the club, nothing else matters in my opinion.

Aldo
28-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I dont think it matters one iota what Petrie says at this meeting, nobody believes a word he utter anymore. Its going to be a complete waste of time unless he says he's completely finished with the club, nothing else matters in my opinion.

You are absolutely spot on BH. The man has ripped the heart and soul out of this club and he has to go. Simple as that.

mmmmhibby
28-05-2014, 07:36 PM

THIS. the fans have seen through Petrie now, we now know the man who is currently running our club is nothing but a liar. The shoogly peg has now snapped with petrie.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:38 PM

All the more reason for us fans to force the issue with a loud organised protest outside whilst the meeting is going on. This ensures further media coverage.

Been told when the meeting is and who is in attendence - is it right to make such info public. Personally think it is the right thing to do but await others opinion on it.

3pm
28-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Some pish fae Rod about how 'we' are all hurting.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't say that was pish.

Aldo
28-05-2014, 07:42 PM

Aye he wasnae hurting much with that big smiling pus of his at full time.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Meeting or press conference is scheduled for the Hibs Club this Friday at 10.30.

If we are serious about getting our voice heard - then a loud organised protest outside the club rooms is necessary.

Be there if you can...

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Info I got was the meeting was this Friday yet the Scotsman article suggests tomorrow. Will check again.

Aldo
28-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Meeting or press conference is scheduled for the Hibs Club this Friday at 10.30. If we are serious about getting our voice heard - then a loud organised protest outside the club rooms is necessary. Be there if you can...

It's a meeting between RP and the HSA.

adhibs
28-05-2014, 07:46 PM
He needs to be ripped to pieces. Hope those attending don't hold anything back or bother listening to whatever bull**** he's got to say

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Info I got was the meeting was this Friday yet the Scotsman article suggests tomorrow. Will check again.I'm hoping for friday, I cannae make the morn.

HFC 0-7
28-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Does anyone think we will get answers? I can see them in the meeting, Petrie straight away comes out with 'what I am about to discus can't go further than this room.' He proceeds to evade questions, lead the people attending into thinking there is a plan and money to spend. Meeting over and the people attending come out and say we are assured that there is a plan, we just can't go public as it could effect potential signings, dempster has full control. You need to trust us here and renew...............

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:49 PM
It's a meeting between RP and the HSA.

Plus ex-players association and branch reps. Kano and Kenny Maclean jnr expected to be there too.

Aldo
28-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Plus ex-players association and branch reps. Kano and Kenny Maclean jnr expected to be there too.

O well the more the merrier. Wide range of folk can only be good tbh

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Does anyone think we will get answers? I can see them in the meeting, Petrie straight away comes out with 'what I am about to discus can't go further than this room.' He proceeds to evade questions, lead the people attending into thinking there is a plan and money to spend. Meeting over and the people attending come out and say we are assured that there is a plan, we just can't go public as it could effect potential signings, dempster has full control. You need to trust us here and renew...............

He's used that tactic before, only for things to continue to deteriorate. Those present from the HSA must press for his immediate resignation and for that of Butcher. Petrie's sleekit patter must be demolished.

Jonnyboy
28-05-2014, 07:53 PM

Process has to start somewhere G and I'm pretty confident there will be enough plain speakers there to let RP know this ain't going to go away

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Does anyone think we will get answers? I can see them in the meeting, Petrie straight away comes out with 'what I am about to discus can't go further than this room.' He proceeds to evade questions, lead the people attending into thinking there is a plan and money to spend. Meeting over and the people attending come out and say we are assured that there is a plan, we just can't go public as it could effect potential signings, dempster has full control. You need to trust us here and renew...............never while he is there, all I want tae hear from this meeting is for him tae say he's ****in' off, i'm no interested in anything else he has tae say, anything else he says will just be mair flannel, lies and utter bull****. i wouldnae believe him if he telt me it was thursday the morn.

147lothian
28-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't say that was pish.

I might have guessed petries sole diehard would turn up! IMO it is important to focus the fire at the meeting on petrie, his presence is deeply damaging to the club, the fans have lost faith in him and he should do the honorable thing and remove his toxic presence from club, with the presence of Dempster, petrie is surplus to requirement!

WestStandMoaner
28-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I'd hope the tone of the meeting would be "resign - no concessions".

Agree, Petrie will try and manipulate them, no concessions and I hope they emphasis Butcher must go as well

Bronson
28-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I fully expect Petrie's resignation tomorrow, I will be disappointed with anything less.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Info I am receiving is that there is a possible meeting with Petrie and a few influential Hibbies tomorrow. The meeting on Friday is essentially a press conference to announce further plans to oust Petrie.:wink:

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Info I am receiving is that there is a possible meeting with Petrie and a few influential Hibbies tomorrow. The meeting on Friday is essentially a press conference to announce further plans to oust Petrie.:wink:

Source?

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Source?

Sorry cant reveal other than a trusted poster on this board

Steve20
28-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Petrie has ruined this club. Anything he says is just a lot of nonsense. Wouldn't believe a word the man says. Ever.

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 08:21 PM

So are you posting on behalf of St Pats branch?

DC_Hibs
28-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Info I am receiving is that there is a possible meeting with Petrie and a few influential Hibbies tomorrow. The meeting on Friday is essentially a press conference to announce further plans to oust Petrie

You do realise the title of this thread you are posting on and the link in the first post?
You aren't doing yourself any favours here......

Is there a St Patrick HSC branch?

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Process has to start somewhere G and I'm pretty confident there will be enough plain speakers there to let RP know this ain't going to go away

I hope you are right John, but i cant see why he'd turn up for a meeting if he was going to resign from the club. He stated on Mondays statement he was not walking away, well at this meeting he really needs to leave it knowing that its his only option if he wants to get out the building safely.

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 08:25 PM
You do realise the title of this thread you are posting on and the link in the first post?
You aren't doing yourself any favours here......

Is there a St Patrick HSC branch?

:agree: There's a sizeable and proactive St Patricks Branch.

Vini1875
Whatever anyone thinks about Petrie he is not a daft guy that will be tongue tied in front of raging supporters. He is more than capable of dismantling any argument. I do not think for one minute that he will walk and he will assure all those present that LD will have full power over what is the running of a shambolic football club.

If as has been speculated he is looking to the SFA to further his career, he will not want to turn up there as an ousted chairman. He will choose when and how that happens. Our big problems are whether or not the HSA can put pressure on him and win the argument and also whether his ego remains such that he does care what we think.

Butcher and co. must go. Even if we had won on sunday 3 wins in 20 and a handful of goals is surely sackable conduct.

hibbymick
I fully expect Petrie's resignation tomorrow, I will be disappointed with anything less.

This is what im thinking.

DC_Hibs
:agree: There's a sizeable and proactive St Patricks Branch.

I know, I'm a member of that one.

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Tell him to hand his shares back as compensation for f****n this club up good style!

leggeto
28-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Out out out

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I know, I'm a member of that one.

Me too, Are you thinking what I'm thinking? :wink:

Flanny boy
28-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Get him to **** now the cant

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I am personally a bit uncomfortable with this witch hint.

Petrie is not stupid, his time is up, he knows it and we know it. Let's do it with some dignity and not create another ****ing enemy

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Whatever anyone thinks about Petrie he is not a daft guy that will be tongue tied in front of raging supporters. He is more than capable of dismantling any argument. I do not think for one minute that he will walk and he will assure all those present that LD will have full power over what is the running of a shambolic football club.

If as has been speculated he is looking to the SFA to further his career, he will not want to turn up there as an ousted chairman. He will choose when and how that happens. Our big problems are whether or not the HSA can put pressure on him and win the argument and also whether his ego remains such that he does care what we think.

Butcher and co. must go. Even if we had won on sunday 3 wins in 20 and a handful of goals is surely sackable conduct.

If that were true, (I don`t know whether it is or not) then it would mean he was making his decisions, including the one to hang on (as I think he has to be a serving board member of a club to do what he wants to do at the SFA), based on self-interest rather than what is best for the club. I would hope that wasn`t the case....

BT58
28-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Whats the betting RP sacks TB in the morning, , he will be thinking that this will appease the fans
He's in for a shock !!!
Victor

St Pats Branch
28-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Hi mate, just wondering if you're a branch member of st pats or are you from a different branch/club?

Rory

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Petrie is not stupid, his time is up, he knows it and we know it. Let's do it with some dignity and not create another ****ing enemy

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalkhis time was up years ago, his ego never knew it then. Every pressure possible must be put on that **** tae get him tae **** away from this club before he ruins it and drags it down any further.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Whats the betting RP sacks TB in the morning, , he will be thinking that this will appease the fans
He's in for a shock !!!
Victor

I hope he doesn't, for too long he has pandered to the fans. Look where it has got him. Think on it.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I hope he doesn't, for too long he has pandered to the fans. Look where it has got him. Think on it.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalkutter bollocks, he's got rid of managers tae take the heat off himself, **** all tae dae with the fans

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Does anybody attending these meetings have the financial muscle, or access to someone who has, to push through the changes that they want?

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 08:43 PM
So are you posting on behalf of St Pats branch?

Replying as a member of the St Pat's branch not on their behalf though. Maybe a wrong choice of user name in hindsight sorry.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 08:45 PM
utter bollocks, he's got rid of managers tae take the heat off himself, **** all tae dae with the fans

Maybe so but the fans where wrong!

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 08:45 PM

Thing is the proof is there that he is far from knowing it! Check his statements. If a which hunt is needed to oust this utter clown of a man then so be it. Nothing else has worked sadly.

He's a disease that has infested this club with negativity, bad managers and bad decisions.

I've never felt such hate in all my life for a human.

ionahibby
28-05-2014, 08:46 PM

:agree: It's quite clear Petrie needs to go but I'm pretty uncomfortable with the fact that this could get personal eg insults against him and his character. We must make sure we have this meeting with dignity and respect otherwise we won't do ourselves or our image any favours. He is a human being just like us .

madhatter
28-05-2014, 08:47 PM
He's in for a shock !!!
Victor

Will not appease me. Hundreds of thousands wasted on another management team. Players were mince. Management team were too harsh too early and the players downed tools. 14 out of contract plus others told they were **** 5 months ago.

This is the way I see it - Petrie smirks when we are in disarray; players come out with statements after they are told "no new contract" but their performances were of players that couldn't care (e.g. a player that, with time, boots the ball straight out of play is not just a bad player but also a bad player that doesn't care and, both KT and McPake have done nothing all year like all of them); Butcher and Malpas whilst failing massively have cost the club in compensation and in wages and through different ways have shown they do appear to care (Butcher looking visibly ill and totally changing his temperament in interviews; Malpas shouting at fans and generally looking raging constantly (more than his usual self). They have failed but unless we have a large disposable source of cash that wouldn't affect player budget, this is our management team and in honesty most other clubs in the Scottish Premiership would have happily employed Butcher, and would do should we sack (they get free management team whilst we keep paying compensation etc.). A horrendous team can make a good manager look horrendous especially after downing tools.

I'd give Butcher a chance. Petrie has had more than a handful of these and is due no more.

Petrie out.

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 08:48 PM

If that was true, surely he should leave then for not having the backbone to lead this club to better things rather than say "better bin him the fans say so."

We aren't paid to make decisions he is, and he's utterly honking at them.

147lothian
28-05-2014, 08:48 PM

I feel the same way

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Think you will be disappointed

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 08:50 PM
:agree: It's quite clear Petrie needs to go but I'm pretty uncomfortable with the fact that this could get personal eg insults against him and his character. We must make sure we have this meeting with dignity and respect otherwise we won't do ourselves or our image any favours. He is a human being just like us .

Do agree the folk going need to put over our point without any personal digs. Explain the facts as they are all there. The lies he's told us before and why he's long outstayed his welcome.

If he just sits and grins then god help him as I'd lose it myself.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 08:53 PM
If that was true, surely he should leave then for not having the backbone to lead this club to better things rather than say "better bin him the fans say so."

Pretty much this, Petrie will go with consistent pressure no need for personal vendettas

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Does anybody attending these meetings have the financial muscle, or access to someone who has, to push through the changes that they want?

And that is the question! Highlighting the undoubted problems are one thing but coming up with a workable solution is another. We need a lot more than Petrie oot or Farmer oot that's for sure.

TowerHibs
28-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Surely we have been down this route though bud, 7 years of failure, lies and contempt yet we have to show more dignity incase we rough someone up the wrong way.

What image do we have anyway? A soft touch that limps from disaster to disaster. I would rather have an image of a club that accepts nothing but success and see where that takes us. He has had ample opportunity of the fans being nice to him and nothing has changed

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 08:55 PM

Think Leanne Dempster will be getting paid, not so sure Rod is. STF certainly doesen't.

GreenPJ
28-05-2014, 08:56 PM
I find it strange that the meeting is being held before the new CEO is in place. I have no doubt she is aware of what people think but if the jist of the comments are about removing Petrie and Butcher I would have expected her to be there to assess for herself and so she could report to the whole board.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 08:57 PM

So you want us to decide but not be responsible

WestStandMoaner
28-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Will not appease me. Hundreds of thousands wasted on another management team. Players were mince. Management team were too harsh too early and the players downed tools. 14 out of contract plus others told they were **** 5 months ago.

This is the way I see it - Petrie smirks when we are in disarray; players come out with statements after they are told "no new contract" but their performances were of players that couldn't care (e.g. a player that, with time, boots the ball straight out of play is not just a bad player but also a bad player that doesn't care and, both KT and McPake have done nothing all year like all of them); Butcher and Malpas whilst failing massively have cost the club in compensation and in wages and through different ways have shown they do appear to care (Butcher looking visibly ill and totally changing his temperament in interviews; Malpas shouting at fans and generally looking raging constantly (more than his usual self). They have failed but unless we have a large disposable source of cash that wouldn't affect player budget, this is our management team and in honesty most other clubs in the Scottish Premiership would have happily employed Butcher, and would do should we sack (they get free management team whilst we keep paying compensation etc.). A horrendous team can make a good manager look horrendous especially after downing tools.

I'd give Butcher a chance. Petrie has had more than a handful of these and is due no more.

Petrie out.

Sorry but Butcher has to go, he has relegated us, his win ratio is shocking and his handling of Harris has been embarrassing

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Think Leanne Dempster will be getting paid, not so sure Rod is. STF certainly doesen't.

Very important point

Gordy M
28-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Do agree the folk going need to put over our point without any personal digs. Explain the facts as they are all there. The lies he's told us before and why he's long outstayed his welcome.

Glad you see it that way TC your earlier post had me worried you were/had lost it!! I echo your above post, need to get the point across without it becoming personal. If it did it would allow Petrie to walk away claiming that the meeting had degenerated into a slagging match and that doesnt solve anything. I really dont know how this meeting will go, he has to come to the table with something, and im sure he isnt going to announce his resignation or TB sacking at a meeting with fans? And yet if he comes with nothing then whats the point, he must know the feelings of the vast majority?

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Replying as a member of the St Pat's branch not on their behalf though. Maybe a wrong choice of user name in hindsight sorry.

You have a pm.:thumbsup:

One Day Soon
28-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I hope you are right John, but i cant see why he'd turn up for a meeting if he was going to resign from the club. He stated on Mondays statement he was not walking away, well at this meeting he really needs to leave it knowing that its his only option if he wants to get out the building safely.

Seriously, WTF?

The casual implication of intimidation and violence on this board are unacceptable.

silverhibee
28-05-2014, 09:04 PM
You are absolutely spot on BH. The man has ripped the heart and soul out of this club and he has to go. Simple as that.

If the time and place is put up then everyone who can be there should be if you want Petrie out, we will have no impact on what takes place in the meeting but we can let Petrie know how we feel when he arrives and leaves the meeting.

Make them squirm.

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 09:05 PM
No one should be meeting Petrie this week in my opinion.

We should hold off and meet LeeAnn - make our collective feelings known that there is a vote of no confidence in Rod and serious concerns over the management team.

Why feed his (Rod's) ego, and also shows whether or not she has unadulterated free reign and control in real decision making !

silverhibee
28-05-2014, 09:06 PM
All the more reason for us fans to force the issue with a loud organised protest outside whilst the meeting is going on. This ensures further media coverage.

Been told when the meeting is and who is in attendence - is it right to make such info public. Personally think it is the right thing to do but await others opinion on it.

Get the info put up on here.

Winston Ingram

This is the galling thing about it. The list of facts against him and Butcher are endless. The fact that Rod has ensured that both are staying despite of both of their records is just another shocker to add to the list.:agree:

madhatter
Sorry but Butcher has to go, he has relegated us, his win ratio is shocking and his handling of Harris has been embarrassing

I know where you are coming from but, who pays for the compensation? Any compensation paid will affect player budget massively. Especially since we are likely going to have to get a "decent" management team in as well. His win ratio with one of the worst Hibs teams I've watched is appalling. His handling of Harris was bad but it shows desperation because his other options were: "1 trick wonder (Cairney); I'm a wideman that plays very central and loves a step-over (Zoubir), and tackle me and I'll be injured (Watmore)". I'm personally running out of other options he had. Think that's it from what Fenlon assembled. Granted, Butcher should have brought in another wideman during January and by no means has he done a good job - he has done abysmal but unless a rich Hibs fan wants to sort this club out all at once then this will be a gradual transition starting from the top and filtering right through.

Change at top needs done first. This isn't our club at the moment. Our club keeps everything secret from its own fans - shocking.

silverhibee
28-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm hoping for friday, I cannae make the morn.

I can make both :greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
28-05-2014, 09:08 PM

There will be no Branch reps there. In fact the Branch Secretaries of Hibernian Supporters Association Branches were not informed about the meeting on Monday night.The 275 members of St. Patrick's were in the dark, as were all other members of the Association. I know, I spoke with the Secretaries. Democracy at work. Not.

Gordon McKinley

Secretary

St. Patrick's Branch

DaveF
28-05-2014, 09:11 PM
There will be no Branch reps there. In fact the Branch Secretaries of Hibernian Supporters Association Branches were not informed about the meeting on Monday night.The 275 members of St. Patrick's were in the dark, as were all other members of the Association. I know, I spoke with the Secretaries. Democracy at work. Not.

Gordon McKinley

Secretary

St. Patrick's Branch

If no branch reps there, then who are the HSA representing? In keeping with the club recently, this has an element of farce about it.

Would be good to know who will be present.

garlic
28-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Get the info put up on here.

I am sure the Hibernian Secret Association would not want non members turning up. Best keep it restricted to those (influential) fans.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 09:13 PM

We should hold off and meet LeeAnn - make our collective feelings known that there is a vote of no confidence in Rod and serious concerns over the management team.

Why feed his (Rod's) ego, and also shows whether or not she has unadulterated free reign and control in real decision making !

I see what you mean but sadly as non-Executive Chairman, Petrie, whether he has admitted or not, will still be the main man. So holding off for Leeann will simply result in this: "Leeann, we don't want Petrie anymore. He has done this and that". Leeann reports back to the board (Petrie obviously in attendance - her superior) and says "I've met the fans and they want Mr Petrie gone and have given these reasons" - presents 40 page document of bullet points to board members. Mr Petrie replies "I do not think this would be beneficial at this time, all those in favour?". "Aye replies the entire floor".

We also can't wait anymore to see if promises are false or not. Track record suggests a high probability of them being false...

Ringothedog
28-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Think you will be disappointed

He will not resign, he is a deluded man who believes in his own self importance and will try and cling on so as he benefits himself and nothing else. He does not care one iota about Hibernian and if he stays we will struggle to get back into the premiership while he is here. I do not trust the man, he nearly ruined us with a debt of 18m being run up during his tenure and was just lucky that we had the golden generation to sell. He has ruined this once proud club again,this time there is no golden generation to play or sell to get us out of this.

Www1875hfc
28-05-2014, 09:15 PM
If no branch reps there, then who are the HSA representing? In keeping with the club recently, this has an element of farce about it.

HIBERNIAN fans are expected to demand the resignation of chairman and acting Chief Executive Rod Petrie at a meeting between the two parties on Thursday.

Hibernian Supporters Association chairman Mike Riley has called the press conference in a bid to effect regime change at the club - but Petrie has so far refused to stand down from his position.

Petrie has agreed to attend the meeting, with Paul Kane and son of former Hibs vice-chairman Kenny McLean, Kenny McLean Jnr as well as senior communications chief David Forsyth also expected to be present.

It is not known whether incoming chief executive Leeann Dempster will attend ahead of taking the reins on June 1.

She will take over the day-to-day running of the club, while Petrie will assume the role of non-executive chairman.

“The fans want Mr Petrie out, the fans want a total change, they have no confidence in him whatsoever,” said Riley.

“We are down and how long are we going to stay down? Are we going to come back up? Where is the club going? Are we going to slip even further? That’s why we are determined.

“Everything you can think of is on the agenda, it doesn’t need an intelligent person to work out what route we can go and what we can do. All I can say is we won’t relent on this. We know what the fans want and we will be pushing for it.”

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 09:15 PM

Gordon McKinley

Secretary

St. Patrick's Branch

Jeez, nae branch reps? no wonder Petrie is happy to turn up.

Fire, aim, ready......................

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Spot on. The widest possible representation is essential.

Kaff
28-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I know where you are coming from but, who pays for the compensation? Any compensation paid will affect player budget massively. Especially since we are likely going to have to get a "decent" management team in as well. His win ratio with one of the worst Hibs teams I've watched is appalling. His handling of Harris was bad but it shows desperation because his other options were: "1 trick wonder (Cairney); I'm a wideman that plays very central and loves a step-over (Zoubir), and tackle me and I'll be injured (Watmore)". I'm personally running out of other options he had. Think that's it from what Fenlon assembled. Granted, Butcher should have brought in another wideman during January and by no means has he done a good job - he has done abysmal but unless a rich Hibs fan wants to sort this club out all at once then this will be a gradual transition starting from the top and filtering right through.

Change at top needs done first. This isn't our club at the moment. Our club keeps everything secret from its own fans - shocking.

Good points and i agree with your earlier post. It will be hard but I want to give Butcher a chance, the Inverness team he left would run through a brick wall for him. The key to that was a skipper that believed in him, I've said it before but if we can get Richie Foran from ICT then we'll be a long way towards a decent team on the pitch.

Onion
28-05-2014, 09:22 PM
This meeting should be with Dempster, not Petrie. Petrie should be under no illusion that the fans have had enough and want him out. He has served his time and delivered consistent failure and now humiliation.

He should also be told that Butcher is culpable and should be sacked now.

In fact, the first question to Petrie is why are you and Butcher still here making key decisions at the club when you have no mandate from the fans?

garlic
28-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Mike will be there and i'm sure Rod will put on a wee spread. All will be represented.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 09:29 PM

True, 100%. Sadly too much in-fighting amongst raging fans for that to be likely. Some fans still think Petrie should stay, very limited numbers but some. Petrie is banking on this "some" and this "in-fighting" to save his tenure again.

He wants Hibs to be a glorious team again; All I see him doing is potentially moving to a different seat within the board room or be reported to afterwards. Then whilst Hibs fans in their thousands are wanting him to leave, rather than doing what Pat Fenlon did ("too much negativity surrounding me, I thought it'd be better to leave"), he'd rather drag the club through the mud by forcing fans to make the club look farcical in order to get it back. Organising a bigger representation is difficult due to most of us fans working honest, hard-working lives and/or are simply just unable to make such events. On top of that, as mentioned, in-fighting - bred through failure I might add.

Club for the local community, my ****. Secretive, patronising and condescending. This can be fixed by getting new people in, people who care about us but are also street-wise in terms of finances. Club has the potential to be massive again and great for the community but not under his tenure or, as likely, the rest of the current board (excluding Leeann).

Irish_Steve
28-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I think at this meeting, only two words need to be said and they are not f off! There are, Lex Gold. RP needs to explain why he has to stay on when Lex resign after presiding over our previous relegation - does he see himself as superior to Lex?

BroxburnHibee
28-05-2014, 09:34 PM
In my opinion this smacks of yet another 'divide and conquer' tactic from Rod.

He's highly skilled at it and its worked every time the **** has hit the fan.

HSA announce a press conference - oh NOW Rod wants to talk to 'some' people.

No one as yet has been held accountable for what happened this season (apart from letting out of contract players go) - tell me any other business on the planet that this kind of abject failure would not be dealt with?

Rod - don't waste your time with the usual crap - nothing less than your immediate resignation will do.

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I am getting fed up with constant snipes at Mike Riley. He and other influential Hibbies are trying their best to oust Petrie - this is what we want isn't it?

Some are saying he doesn't represent Hibs fans - well join the association then. It is an association of over 1,000 members and the recent meeting attended by some 500 members is fairly representative of HIbernian's cores support. My own poll conducted on Sunday night in the Hibs club asking roughly 80 people - the overwhelming majority wanted him out, including Butcher.

The problems are

1. Based on his performance in the press I despair that Riley is presented as our spokesman. Some of those quotes are utterly embarrassing.
2. It's dead easy to call for resignations and to threaten boycotts but if they get their way then what? I wouldn't trust Riley to organise a piss up in a brewery. So no, this Hibby for one does not want rid of Petrie unless we can be sure that who replaces him will really be better.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 09:35 PM
True, 100%. Sadly too much in-fighting amongst raging fans for that to be likely. Some fans still think Petrie should stay, very limited numbers but some. Petrie is banking on this "some" and this "in-fighting" to save his tenure again.

He wants Hibs to be a glorious team again; All I see him doing is potentially moving to a different seat within the board room or be reported to afterwards. Then whilst Hibs fans in their thousands are wanting him to leave, rather than doing what Pat Fenlon did ("too much negativity surrounding me, I thought it'd be better to leave"), he'd rather drag the club through the mud by forcing fans to make the club look farcical in order to get it back. Organising a bigger representation is difficult due to most of us fans working honest, hard-working lives and/or are simply just unable to make such events. On top of that, as mentioned, in-fighting - bred through failure I might add.

Club for the local community, my ****. Secretive, patronising and condescending. This can be fixed by getting new people in, people who care about us but are also street-wise in terms of finances. Club has the potential to be massive again and great for the community but not under his tenure or, as likely, the rest of the current board (excluding Leeann).

Agree:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 09:36 PM

No one as yet has been held accountable for what happened this season (apart from letting out of contract players go) - tell me any other business on the planet that this kind of abject failure would not be dealt with?

Rod - don't waste your time with the usual crap - nothing less than your immediate resignation will do.

In a nutshell

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:37 PM

It was confirmed on another thread RP is taking a salary mate.

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:38 PM
So you want us to decide but not be responsible

Sorry what do you mean? Not being cheeky btw. Just don't get the question.

garlic
28-05-2014, 09:39 PM
The problems are

1. Based on his performance in the press I despair that Riley is presented as our spokesman. Some of those quotes are utterly embarrassing.
2. It's dead easy to call for resignations and to threaten boycotts but if they get their way then what? I wouldn't trust Riley to organise a piss up in a brewery. So no, this Hibby for one does not want rid of Petrie unless we can be sure that who replaces him will really be better.

It seems he's not even representing HSA as a good number of them are being kept out of the picture.

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Glad you see it that way TC your earlier post had me worried you were/had lost it!! I echo your above post, need to get the point across without it becoming personal. If it did it would allow Petrie to walk away claiming that the meeting had degenerated into a slagging match and that doesnt solve anything. I really dont know how this meeting will go, he has to come to the table with something, and im sure he isnt going to announce his resignation or TB sacking at a meeting with fans? And yet if he comes with nothing then whats the point, he must know the feelings of the vast majority?

Haha yeah I wasn't meaning just attack him. We must be totally professional or it will make us look very amateurish to be honest. It won't be hard to read out all his previous lies/statements and false promises. Saying it in a calm manner and then ending with surely you can see why your position is now untenable and a vote of no confidence proves this.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 09:42 PM
This meeting should be with Dempster, not Petrie. Petrie should be under no illusion that the fans have had enough and want him out. He has served his time and delivered consistent failure and now humiliation.

He should also be told that Butcher is culpable and should be sacked now.

In fact, the first question to Petrie is why are you and Butcher still here making key decisions at the club when you have no mandate from the fans?

Can't fund sacking - if Petrie stays, and due to relegation, this is the scenario: lower gate receipts, lower ST numbers, lower merchandise sales and finances in general. Even if Petrie leaves, we're still facing the listed deficits. To a lesser degree but nevertheless. How can we afford to sack another management team, pay compensation for another "good" management team and fund player acquisitions for the aforementioned new management team?

Best outcome I see is: Petrie steps down completely, Leeann takes over and fans return in numbers plus initiatives start to produce an increased cash flow and aim for a 50% fan ownership of the club through time. In the short term, give Butcher a chance but limit his number of signings. Better having 6-8 really good players complemented by youngsters (greater chance of golden generation by doing this) than get 9-10+ journeyman who will come and go as they please. If Butcher fails then we are in a better position due to having made changes higher up already.

How will a CEO be able to do anything regarding a Chairman? Talking to Dempster just seems like an intermediary to me, when it comes to this. It's like talking behind someone's back a week later rather than telling them directly now.

Gustavo Fring
28-05-2014, 09:44 PM
is the meeting tomorrow or friday ?

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:44 PM
This is the galling thing about it. The list of facts against him and Butcher are endless. The fact that Rod has ensured that both are staying despite of both of their records is just another shocker to add to the list.:agree:

Exactly it really is there for all to see. No hiding no crawling away he just cannot justify him staying.

When something is broken you remove the part and get a new part. He's finished and must see this.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Sorry what do you mean? Not being cheeky btw. Just don't get the question.

It means many want the board out without a plan for the future. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon. Give me an alternative that doesn't involve villanising an ageing sir who frankly is beyond reproach in my eyes.

I won't take an easy option here

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:50 PM
It means many want the board out without a plan for the future. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon. Give me an alternative that doesn't involve villanising an ageing sir who frankly is beyond reproach in my eyes.

Ah right, yeah I can't say I disagree. I'd love to think Leeann may step into his shoes and hire her how team of directors maybe someone with Hibs connections. I've no Idea how these things are done so not going to lie and say it's easy.

The board must be removed yes, but a long term plan must also be applied or Hibs could be ever worse off done the line, if we can actually get worse that is!!

livi hibby
28-05-2014, 09:53 PM
why or how do people think fan owner ship will work when most can`t agree on the colour of crap

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Is there a possibility of forming an umbrella organization which would include all the supporters groups, to get the message over regarding changes the fans want? The HSA, the supporters branches, a couple of admins from .net and the bounce, perhaps sponsors and other groups who give their time for the club, all joining forces to act in a coordinated way? Much more democratic and inclusive.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 09:55 PM

Is this "better the devil you know"? Most people just want Petrie out as he is the constant. Not sure if he is the catalyst but definitely is the constant. Alternative is easy, Leeann is going to be CEO - why do we need Petrie? The "far-reaching" stuff, grandiose words with no substance. Leeann can then decide whether the board room needs restructured with more members or less, or simply just a change of members.

Edit: Process will not be easy - not the whole thing. First step will be though and fan inclusion isn't difficult to set up once relationship is mended.

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2014, 09:58 PM
The main question I want answered is "how much to but out your share of the club Petrie?"

Thecat23
why or how do people think fan owner ship will work when most can`t agree on the colour of crap

IMO it wouldn't work with small clubs like Hibs. Same with Hearts I think they will end up in more bother down the line. I think if you have thousands upon thousands of fans yeah. We just simply don't.

But I really don't know that much about it so that could all be rubbish :D

Gustavo Fring

think were all pretty much agreed that the colour of crap is maroon

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:59 PM
The main question I want answered is "how much to but out your share of the club Petrie?"

Good question as well.

hibsdancer
28-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Is there a possibility of forming an umbrella organization which would include all the supporters groups, to get the message over regarding changes the fans want? The HSA, the supporters branches, a couple of admins from .net and the bounce, perhaps sponsors and other groups who give their time for the club, all joining forces to act in a coordinated way? Much more democratic and inclusive.

Im sure no group will be left out in the battle to oust mr petrie. Im sure all will come clear come Friday.

Stantons Angel
28-05-2014, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=lucky;4036873]I want RP out and Butcher along with his coaching staff.

I also agree the cheap shots at Mike Reilly are uncalled for. He is the elected Chair of the HSA. But I do think that this meeting should have been open to representatives of all sections of the support.

There can be no negotiation on the way forward if RP is still the chairman of the club.[

The HSA of which i am a longstanding member, has 3000 members associated to it. Granted possibly the biggest conglomerate of Hibs supporters but does not represent all sections of our support.

What bothers me with all this happening at this time, is that we are all still emotionally charged about the plight of our club. The stigma of relegation to a club of Hibs stature is really unacceptable and upsetting to us all. Many ideas and proposals have been given airing like withholding season ticket monies till Petrie goes. Where though, do we get the money to entice new players to sign for the club. Fan ownership is one thing, but how many of us can banker a football club? Look at Rangers they have had problems on and off the field and are still in debt despite the fans paying in millions of pounds.

If these protests and meetings are to succeed they have to have a structure and credibility, its only three days since our fate was sealed and in this short time they have already come up with an agenda "with everything, thats anything"on it. So I am assuming the representatives will have a replacement figure in mind to take over the job with the correct credentials to lead us forward. i would think that we cant start signing new players for the start of the season with a rudderless ship?

It is a very important time in the history of our club and we have got to get it right.

Ive always thought that there should be a couple of ordinary fans on the board, for their known knowledge of the game and love of their club to help the board connect with the feelings of the fans they represent.

One thing i do know is that NO ONE will bully Petrie out, he is an experience negotiator in his own line of business and is not easily swayed.

I have a lot of respect for Paul Kane as a Hibs supporter and former player, as i have for Kenny McLean jnr. They are both good Hibbies and business men in their own right and can both talk the talk, as they say.

I just hope the meeting goes well and does not become so heated that nothing gets said and all credibility goes out the window.

(These are my own opinion and many wont agree with the sentiments, but we are all Hibs supporters and want whats best for our club,

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Rod's shares in the club are minimal. It is the Holding Company he owns 10% of which in turn owns 98% of the football club and in itself is 100% by other companies which themselves are owned 100% by other companies which are ultimately all owned by a trust called Sir Tom Farmer 1998 Settlement.

hibsdancer
28-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Good post. He won't get away with it this time.
I believe meeting wasn't requested by rod.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 10:05 PM

The Congress of Hibernian...I like that. Lets wait and see :wink:

EVENTUALLY
28-05-2014, 10:09 PM
The problems are

This. And with full awareness of recent Admin reminders regarding the implications of making derogatory comment on individuals I would never ever wish for this man to represent the wider Hibs support. Never.

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 10:10 PM

Well said :agree:

hibsdancer
28-05-2014, 10:10 PM

They are worth very little. Hibs as a business isn't worth much. Much less when there are ain't many potential buyers.

Rod was gifted these shares by farmer. Lets hope he does the decent thing and gifts them to a hibs supporters trust

hibsdancer
28-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Fans wouldn't run the club. Professionals woukdw run it eg finance director, commercial director. Non executive chairman. Chief executive.

Fans bought shares back in 1988 when club was floated on stock exchange but we didn't run it.

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 10:15 PM
They are worth very little. Hibs as a business isn't worth much. Much less when there are ain't many potential buyers.

Rod was gifted these shares by farmer. Lets hope he does the decent thing and gifts them to a hibs supporters trust

As a business it might not appear to be worth very much but in the hands of the wrong person it is worth considerably more broken up and the land assets sold.

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Fans wouldn't run the club. Professionals woukdw run it eg finance director, commercial director. Non executive chairman. Chief executive.

Fans bought shares back in 1988 when club was floated on stock exchange but we didn't run it.

And those shares were honoured by STF when he took over.

hibby67
28-05-2014, 10:17 PM
I like the majority on here want Petrie OUT. and if this meeting is the start of him going then all the better but who would replace him? is there anyone out there that has a good football knowledge as well as a business brain and is a Hibs man too i suspect there is not a lot of people out there who fits the bill, the same goes for STF is there anyone out there willing to buy him out and invest?

hopefully someone steps up to the plate once Petrie goes (which i think is inevitable the only question is will it's sooner or later)

timewilltell
28-05-2014, 10:17 PM

You're going to be disappointed .......

PaulSmith
28-05-2014, 10:20 PM

Spot on. At times like this not everyone can represent all the fans and not all fans will agree with what's on the agenda or how the tone of the meeting is set.

Can we at least not snipe and fall out with each other.

That saying if the Fans Group come out with anything along the lines of "We've had assurances but can't tell you what's going on" they can take a running jump as Forsyth would've just done them up like a kipper with the old "get the noisy guys inside and onside" routine.

PatHead
28-05-2014, 10:21 PM

Working Together (Lets Work Together) invites all of the above to meetings already. No need to re-invent the wheel.

Perhaps if more turned up

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:24 PM
And those shares were honoured by STF when he took over.

Thank goodness. It's good to have someone on here who knows every precise detail of STF & RP's workings:aok:

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Thank goodness. It's good to have someone on here who knows every precise detail of STF & RP's workings:aok:

Thats how I got my shares?

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:31 PM
As a business it might not appear to be worth very much but in the hands of the wrong person it is worth considerably more broken up and the land assets sold.

Surely these lands assets you refer to are only of any value when they have planning permission &/or change of use associated with them?

Or are we stuck.with STF FOREVER??

Weststandwanab
28-05-2014, 10:35 PM

No.

Totally spot on

Working Together (Lets Work Together) invites all of the above to meetings already. No need to re-invent the wheel.

Perhaps if more turned up

Well done to you guys

GORDONSMITH7
28-05-2014, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=lucky;4036873]I want RP out and Butcher along with his coaching staff.

There can be no negotiation on the way forward if RP is still the chairman of the club.[

The HSA of which i am a longstanding member, has 3000 members associated to it. Granted possibly the biggest conglomerate of Hibs supporters but does not represent all sections of our support.

What bothers me with all this happening at this time, is that we are all still emotionally charged about the plight of our club. The stigma of relegation to a club of Hibs stature is really unacceptable and upsetting to us all. Many ideas and proposals have been given airing like withholding season ticket monies till Petrie goes. Where though, do we get the money to entice new players to sign for the club. Fan ownership is one thing, but how many of us can banker a football club? Look at Rangers they have had problems on and off the field and are still in debt despite the fans paying in millions of pounds.

If these protests and meetings are to succeed they have to have a structure and credibility, its only three days since our fate was sealed and in this short time they have already come up with an agenda "with everything, thats anything"on it. So I am assuming the representatives will have a replacement figure in mind to take over the job with the correct credentials to lead us forward. i would think that we cant start signing new players for the start of the season with a rudderless ship?

It is a very important time in the history of our club and we have got to get it right.

Ive always thought that there should be a couple of ordinary fans on the board, for their known knowledge of the game and love of their club to help the board connect with the feelings of the fans they represent.

One thing i do know is that NO ONE will bully Petrie out, he is an experience negotiator in his own line of business and is not easily swayed.

I have a lot of respect for Paul Kane as a Hibs supporter and former player, as i have for Kenny McLean jnr. They are both good Hibbies and business men in their own right and can both talk the talk, as they say.

I just hope the meeting goes well and does not become so heated that nothing gets said and all credibility goes out the window.

(These are my own opinion and many wont agree with the sentiments, but we are all Hibs supporters and want whats best for our club,

What really bothers me Angel is that there was no contact between the Association leadership and the Hibernian Supporters Association Branches that the meeting on Monday was even taking place. The lack of Democracy was laid bare by the 275 strong St. Pat's Branch at the AGM a few weeks ago. No circulation to Branches about the new AGM date to Branches, no circulation of St. Pat's amendments to Rules etc. The Secretaries of Hibernian Supporters Branches that I have contacted are not happy that we read about this stuff in the media with absolutely zero contact with the folk that are being told are being represented. Same old.

Gordon McKinley

Secretary St. Patrick's Branch

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Surely these lands assets you refer to are only of any value when they have planning permission &/or change of use associated with them?

Or are we stuck.with STF FOREVER??

It might be worth taking a chance if the financial rewards are there. What was it valued at during the time of Straiton? The goalposts were moved during the Lochend butterfly saga to allow the flats to be built behind the East.

GoldenEagle
28-05-2014, 10:40 PM
No.

Is there someone there who could potentially do a 'Anne Budge' though?

madhatter
28-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Is there someone there who could potentially do a 'Anne Budge' though?

Won't know. Typically these people only present themselves when they feel they can get a good deal for a good thing. They aren't stupid, may be fans but doesn't stop them being shrewd with their cash.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:43 PM

One person? No. But collectively we - the fans - have the muscle, yes.

RP has managed to drive away thousands of customers, those of us that remain hold all the power.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:45 PM
It might be worth taking a chance if the financial rewards are there. What was it valued at during the time of Straiton? The goalposts were moved during the Lochend butterfly saga to allow the flats to be built behind the East.

At the time of Straiton? No idea and irrelevant today. The bogeyman buys ER and turns it into flats so stick with current regime, there's no alternative etc. etc. is that your point? :confused:

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 10:46 PM
At the time of Straiton? No idea and irrelevant today. The bogeyman buys ER and turns it into flats so stick with current regime, there's no alternative etc. etc. is that your point? :confused:

No its not.

Feel its a legitimate concern though.

gorgie greens
28-05-2014, 10:48 PM

un wriiten rule about not subbing a sub,Feel Harris needs to look in the mirror and ask himself that question,or i could answer it for him as he was horse (again)

lucky
28-05-2014, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Stantons Angel;4037372]

What really bothers me Angel is that there was no contact between the Association leadership and the Hibernian Supporters Association Branches that the meeting on Monday was even taking place. The lack of Democracy was laid bare by the 275 strong St. Pat's Branch at the AGM a few weeks ago. No circulation to Branches about the new AGM date to Branches, no circulation of St. Pat's amendments to Rules etc. The Secretaries of Hibernian Supporters Branches that I have contacted are not happy that we read about this stuff in the media with absolutely zero contact with the folk that are being told are being represented. Same old.

Gordon McKinley

Secretary St. Patrick's Branch

If the HSA is not being run correctly then that should be challenged. I've defend Mike because he is elected under the rules of the HSA. If there are issues with the way the HSA are conducting themselves than that's unacceptable and should be challenged. I'm disappointed that the elected officials of the HSA are as good at communication as the Hibs board

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:59 PM
No its not.

Feel its a legitimate concern though.

Can you offer a precedent where this has occurred, to legitimise your obvious concern?

madhatter
28-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Questions to Petrie: "what are these sweeping changes - please provide list as this has surely been discussed before you advertise the fact? Surely as fans, lifeblood of the club, we deserve to know?"

"Why are you staying? What are the far-reaching parts of the club? Why all the smoke and mirrors? Does this feel like deja vu to you? Do you feel the supporter's pain and acknowledge that you are partially responsible for a bigger club being relegated by minnows?"

Greencore
28-05-2014, 11:22 PM
People think it's easy to get him out. People forget he owns 10% of hibernian.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 11:24 PM
I like the majority on here want Petrie OUT. and if this meeting is the start of him going then all the better but who would replace him? is there anyone out there that has a good football knowledge as well as a business brain and is a Hibs man too i suspect there is not a lot of people out there who fits the bill, the same goes for STF is there anyone out there willing to buy him out and invest?

hopefully someone steps up to the plate once Petrie goes (which i think is inevitable the only question is will it's sooner or later)

Who would replace him?
Why don't we give Leanne Dempster a go?
Just thinking outside the box.

The thought that some fans might actually think Petrie is irreplaceable is disturbing.

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Can you offer a precedent where this has occurred, to legitimise your obvious concern?

Cant think of any off hand but there's a good article on it, or at least the possibility, here

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-23695199

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Can all you people who are having a snipe at Mike Reilly make your way down to Sunnyside and put yourself up for election. It's getting tiresome.

Bronson
28-05-2014, 11:28 PM

He can own those shares without being chairman though. We want him to step down as chairman, if he wants to sell his shares that's his prerogative.

madhatter
28-05-2014, 11:30 PM

Do we? Without fans, club is nothing. What is 10% of nothing? They could conceivably sell stadium and training facility but will that do much more than clear all debts? Also protests and riots would ensue. Fans could collectively buy him out. If that is only excuse where do we stand when STF gets bored and/or Petrie does? We done? Get him out now or wait until he gets fed up. Either way.

Greencore
28-05-2014, 11:35 PM
He can own those shares without being chairman though. We want him to step down as chairman, if he wants to sell his shares that's his prerogative.

My mistake, and I agree with your post.

Greencore
28-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Do we? Without fans, club is nothing. What is 10% of nothing? They could conceivably sell stadium and training facility but will that do much more than clear all debts? Also protests and riots would ensue. Fans could collectively buy him out. If that is only excuse where do we stand when STF gets bored and/or Petrie does? We done? Get him out now or wait until he gets fed up. Either way.

Good post.

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 11:40 PM

Petrie out.

Agree 100%

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

EdinMike
28-05-2014, 11:40 PM
First and foremost I have to reply to the numerous Branch members who have contacted me to ask if the Branch was represented at the meeting that Mike Riley the Chairperson of the Hibernian Supporters had on Monday. It is a categorically no. I have contacted other Branch Secretaries and they are not happy about this also.
Anyway we are a democratic Branch and have had numerous responses to where we should be going.There is a meeting on Friday morning and even if St. Pat's are not formally invited, there will be our members there.

As I said Reilly can do one with the rest of them ! The cheek of the man..

Lmc2105
28-05-2014, 11:44 PM
First and foremost I have to reply to the numerous Branch members who have contacted me to ask if the Branch was represented at the meeting that Mike Riley the Chairperson of the Hibernian Supporters had on Monday. It is a categorically no. I have contacted other Branch Secretaries and they are not happy about this also.
Anyway we are a democratic Branch and have had numerous responses to where we should be going.There is a meeting on Friday morning and even if St. Pat's are not formally invited, there will be our members there.

As I said Reilly can do one with the rest of them ! The cheek of the man..

As far as I was lead to believe all major branches and affiliations have been invited to attend Friday. Myself and one other branch member will be attending from the four in hand hsc. Earlier on we released a statement confirming our no confidence vote in Petrie that won't change and we as a branch will push for that.

Lee

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Anybody who thinks Rod Petrie will resign following a meeting with the HSC is deluded. He has the cunning of a snake oil salesman and the arrogance to match. He also astonishingly has ( unless I've missed something ) the backing of STF.

The HSC would be better snubbing him altogether and putting pressure on STF to make a statement of what he ... the clubs owner ...intends to do about the situation. He cant be absolved of his part in this, or his responsibility as owner. Not any more.

Sorry ...... but if anybody thinks expecting STF to get involved is disrespectful, it is no more disrespectful than his utter silence is to the clubs supporters. I am aware of his advancing years, but unless that is accompanied by ill health I'm not impressed ..... there were plenty folk aulder than him slouching out of ER in misery after paying their fiver last Sunday.

Nailrod
29-05-2014, 12:35 AM

I'll sign a cheque tomorrow for double what he paid for his shares. :wink:

The Green Goblin
29-05-2014, 12:47 AM
Not good to hear that various supporters' associations were not contacted or informed.

United action, not unilateral action is needed at this point, or things will get even worse.

BroxburnHibee
29-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Not good to hear that various supporters' associations were not contacted or informed.

United action, not unilateral action is needed at this point, or things will get even worse.

As I said earlier - divide and conquer - it's a Petrie masterclass

Beefster
29-05-2014, 05:45 AM
The Congress of Hibernian...I like that. Lets wait and see :wink:

Are you able to change your username? I think it's a bit disingenuous when you have no authority to speak on behalf of St Pat's branch.

Gustavo Fring
29-05-2014, 06:11 AM
can someone confirm if this meeting is today or tomorrow

IWasThere2016
29-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Have to agree with GG and Broxburn.. So, at the start, someone should stand up and say something like

"The difference between reality - relegation - and suitable ambitions for the club is action. The action RP has taken has been too little, often too late and has seriously damaged the club - resulting in poor on field performances and disillusioned, angry and dwindling support. For these reasons the consensus of 90+% of the fan base is RP should leave - and thus a collective and convincing vote of no confidence is tabled in RP, and STF's continued support of RP. The fans are no longer interested in further soundbites, and plan action to force change at their beloved club"

Those present should then get up and leave - otherwise you will be subjected to more of RP's feigned concern and vacuous promises for change.

Leave the meeting and plan the next moves would be my way forward.

Weir7
29-05-2014, 06:23 AM
can someone confirm if this meeting is today or tomorrow

Meeting today and a press conference tomorrow to outline plans.

Brizo
29-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Does anyone know who specifically will be attending this meeting on our behalf ?

Im an HSA member and reading previous posts it seems that some branches have been invited to formally attend while others haven't. We quite rightly criticise the lack of communication from the Board. but a united Hibs community including HSA and all other fan groups and organisations is vital for credibility purposes. A fragmented amateurish presentation by the fans representatives at the meeting will only play into the Boards hands.

GoldenEagle
29-05-2014, 07:07 AM
As I said earlier - divide and conquer - it's a Petrie masterclass

And we can see it working already with some of the posts on here..if ever there was a time just to stand back and give some credence to the guys meeting Petrie it is now. However it's the "Me, me, Me" scenario again and "why am I no invited".

Can we leave the politics out of this for a few days to at least see how the meeting goes and Leeann Dempster starts on June 1st.

California-Hibs
29-05-2014, 07:09 AM
What time is the meeting today?

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 07:43 AM
If Rod was going to resign he certainly would not be doing it in public, he will talk his usual politician type of guff that will read anyway you want it to read as he is as slippery as an eel. He must see us as being stupid as he has got away with things for so long but he must be told that he crossed a line on Sunday that was to far.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2014, 07:48 AM
That is shocking G.

Its a figure of speech, he should have the most uncomfortable time as humanly possible whenever he puts his head into the public. I dont think he has any intention of resigning, and he needs to know it is the only option.

Kaiser1962
29-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Its a figure of speech, he should have the most uncomfortable time as humanly possible whenever he puts his head into the public. I dont think he has any intention of resigning, and he needs to know it is the only option.

Read the first part again. It might not read so badly if you hadn't put "Nothing casual about it" at the start. I would edit it.

If Mercer had achieved the shareholding he wanted we could have stamped and shouted all we wanted but we would have been gone.

PatHead
29-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Would it not make sense to contact the other board members and attempt to get them to propose a vote of No Confidence at the next Board meeting. We all know Rod is not going to listen to supporters directly so surely another line of attack should be taken.

Deansy
29-05-2014, 08:24 AM
As long as it's explained to Petrie, cooly and calmly, that his continued presence IS and WILL continue to damage the club. Fans have been lost, and we will continue to lose them purely and simply because of his association with the club. As the head of a large organisation, he himself should know that the average lifespan and effectiveness of any leader is 5-7 years. He should be congratulated for the infrastructure he's built but now is the time for new, fresh, leadership - preferably one who has football-experience.

p.s Also ask him why he was seen smiling ON CAMERA at the end of the Hamilton-game ??

Ozyhibby
29-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I obviously want Rod gone today but that is unlikely.

Some questions I would like answered today are:-

Has the player budget been maintained for next season?

If not, will it still be higher than Hearts?

What is the clubs philosophy with regard to style of play, from the first team down to the kids in the academy? Is there one?

TowerHibs
29-05-2014, 09:45 AM

What is the clubs philosophy with regard to style of play, from the first team down to the kids in the academy? Is there one?
Think we let him off with this already last year when the 5 year plan was muted. Whatever he says today in terms of long term plans this has to be published to make sure he is accountable. Atm when he is questioned, he harks back to cup final appearances blah blah blah....not good enough

JustSimplyHibs
29-05-2014, 09:51 AM

Change it a wee bit too...

Has the player budget been increased to ensure Hibernian FC attracts the best players in the Championship... If not, why not? Considering as we the people of Hibernian FC have contributed many millions over the last several season - we have collectivly contributed more to this club than any owner or, part owners, whom have basically flushed our money away down the lavy, with the end result being relegation and lack of quality Hibs players coming through the youth system.

Yet we have no say at board room level.

Lester B
29-05-2014, 10:15 AM
A great deal on this thread is concerning particularly what is clearly a poor level of communication from HSA from the centre about these meetings to other local Supporters' Associations. I don't know Mike Riley from Adam, and don't wish to be disrespectful, but having seen the brief YouTube interview earlier this week featuring him, which was clearly prepared for in advance, Petrie and an experienced PR man would run rings around him at any meeting.

The meeting itself today is not crucial, nor is the press conference tomorrow. What is crucial is what comes out of the meeting in terms of information or lack thereof. That dictates what we as Hibs fans do next. A lot of talk here as well about existing contact groups such as Let's Work Together and HSA. They are of course important. But Sunday proved to me and I'm sure many others who have never felt the need to take any active role that something needs to be done and we're wondering what the most appropriate channel for this is. What is abundantly clear is that it has to be a co-ordinated response featuring existing supporters groups and forums, social media and those of us who feel, as I do, that some of us have slept long enough and Sunday was a belated wake up call. I negotiate for a living, know employment law, do training and talk to large groups and have been going to ER for 40 of my 45 years. If I can help in any small way with what skills I have then with guidance from more experienced people then I would love to. I'm certain I am not the only one. But where do we latecomers start? Can someone suggest what, where how? Why - I can answer. Because I love this club.

Would be genuinely interested in views of anyone and everyone on this whether here and/or via PM

Sorry slight disgression from topic so thanks for reading this.

LB

Pretty Boy
29-05-2014, 10:31 AM
A great deal on this thread is concerning particularly what is clearly a poor level of communication from HSA from the centre about these meetings to other local Supporters' Associations. I don't know Mike Riley from Adam, and don't wish to be disrespectful, but having seen the brief YouTube interview earlier this week featuring him, which was clearly prepared for in advance, Petrie and an experienced PR man would run rings around him at any meeting.

The meeting itself today is not crucial, nor is the press conference tomorrow. What is crucial is what comes out of the meeting in terms of information or lack thereof. That dictates what we as Hibs fans do next. A lot of talk here as well about existing contact groups such as Let's Work Together and HSA. They are of course important. But Sunday proved to me and I'm sure many others who have never felt the need to take any active role that something needs to be done and we're wondering what the most appropriate channel for this is. What is abundantly clear is that it has to be a co-ordinated response featuring existing supporters groups and forums, social media and those of us who feel, as I do, that some of us have slept long enough and Sunday was a belated wake up call. I negotiate for a living, know employment law, do training and talk to large groups and have been going to ER for 40 of my 45 years. If I can help in any small way with what skills I have then with guidance from more experienced people then I would love to. I'm certain I am not the only one. But where do we latecomers start? Can someone suggest what, where how? Why - I can answer. Because I love this club.

Would be genuinely interested in views of anyone and everyone on this whether here and/or via PM

LB

I think you make a lot of good points.

What should be remembered is that matters only really came to a head on Sunday, 4 days ago. In the short term when the press were looking for opinions someone like Mike Reilly, who is elected chairman of the HSA and Paul Kane, former players asscoiation and long time Petrie critic, were always going to be thrust into the spotlight.

Imo if there really is a will amongst the support to force change then it will happen with the set up of an umberella group encompassing HSA, former players association, LWT, .net, bounce, ERIN Trust, other groups and associations and most importantly ordinary supporters. We all want things to get better but unfortunately these things take time and there will always be politics and egos involved in this type of thing as well.

Various groups are trying their own thing at the moment but I believe in the not too distant future a more cohesive plan will start to take shape.

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 10:40 AM

LB

:top marksGood stuff, i'me sure in the next few weeks a concerted effort for change will come about, right now we are still reeling from the disaster that happened on Sunday but one thing for sure is that this is not going to go away never mind how much RP tries to deflect the pressure, we will not give up until he is gone.

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 10:51 AM
As long as it's explained to Petrie, cooly and calmly, that his continued presence IS and WILL continue to damage the club. Fans have been lost, and we will continue to lose them purely and simply because of his association with the club. As the head of a large organisation, he himself should know that the average lifespan and effectiveness of any leader is 5-7 years. He should be congratulated for the infrastructure he's built but now is the time for new, fresh, leadership - preferably one who has football-experience.

p.s Also ask him why he was seen smiling ON CAMERA at the end of the Hamilton-game ??

This is a nutshell.

You can't be the architect of the downfall and expect to be the architect of the re-building.

Petrie has had his turn and has lost the confidence of the most important people, the paying customer (or what's left of them).

Lester B
29-05-2014, 10:53 AM
I think you make a lot of good points.

What should be remembered is that matters only really came to a head on Sunday, 4 days ago. In the short term when the press were looking for opinions someone like Mike Reilly, who is elected chairman of the HSA and Paul Kane, former players asscoiation and long time Petrie critic, were always going to be thrust into the spotlight.

Imo if there really is a will amongst the support to force change then it will happen with the set up of an umberella group encompassing HSA, former players association, LWT, .net, bounce, ERIN Trust, other groups and associations and most importantly ordinary supporters. We all want things to get better but unfortunately these things take time and there will always be politics and egos involved in this type of thing as well.

Various groups are trying their own thing at the moment but I believe in the not too distant future a more cohesive plan will start to take shape.

Bang on about timescales and short termism and clearly by agreeing to any meeting Petrie is ticking a box to say that he has listened. Like any politician does.

I hope you are right about an umbrella group and a cohesive plan. I'm in.

Lester B
29-05-2014, 10:59 AM

To which he will respond that Leanne is arriving and therefore all is fine and he's just chairman now, blah blah spin blah blah real exciting change afoot blah blah

Please don't think I am disagreeing with your central thesis here. As long as he is there in any capacity then there will be doubts that genuine recovery can happen. The pressure needs to be made overwhelming and that will not happen from any single meeting, letter, email, press story, etc. It will be a war of attrition if anything.

And the smiling? Unless there are photos he will deny it. And if there are photos he'll deny it.

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Cant think of any off hand but there's a good article on it, or at least the possibility, here

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-23695199

Interesting article, but reading it I think you can rest easy - there are ZERO precedents for football clubs falling into the wrong hands and being broken up so the land can be turned into housing.

This new ACV law helps safeguard us from such an event.

Anyway, it's quite simple Mr Petrie can hang on to his 10% share, all he has to do is step completely away from having anything to do with running Hibernian FC. Once this has happened we can all look forward to a brighter future.

Glorious St Pat
29-05-2014, 11:14 AM

LB

Great post Lester.
I am sure that tomorrow's meeting at the Hibs Club will probably announce a joint working group to force Petrie's hand.

HibbySpurs
29-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Anybody who thinks Rod Petrie will resign following a meeting with the HSC is deluded. He has the cunning of a snake oil salesman and the arrogance to match. He also astonishingly has ( unless I've missed something ) the backing of STF.

The HSC would be better snubbing him altogether and putting pressure on STF to make a statement of what he ... the clubs owner ...intends to do about the situation. He cant be absolved of his part in this, or his responsibility as owner. Not any more.

Sorry ...... but if anybody thinks expecting STF to get involved is disrespectful, it is no more disrespectful than his utter silence is to the clubs supporters. I am aware of his advancing years, but unless that is accompanied by ill health I'm not impressed ..... there were plenty folk aulder than him slouching out of ER in misery after paying their fiver last Sunday.

I think it has been alluded to that STF may not be in the best of health these days which is indeed sad news for a man who saved the club from extinction and the clutches of Mercer.

However on the basic point I agree. In my opinion Farmer is guilty of gross negligence of duty in terms of being an owner of a business....

What would have happend if back in the Kwik-Fit days he had allowed shoddy tyres/exhausts/brakes to be put on vehicles? His business would have lost customers and eventually gone down the pan..... However this company was sold to Ford for a fortune because it was seen as the leading brand in this sector....

Why then Sir Tom have you let another business you own become such a sorry mess largely because the product being offered is shoddy and not up to standard?

To the point that yes, it is now going down the pan?

Regardless of your stated intentions when you purchased this business and the fact that what we have now in terms of infrastructure is light years ahead of what we had then and the envy of not just clubs in Scotland but across the UK the fact can not be avoided that the product on offer to the paying customer is sub standard and shoddy....

Your management team has failed to provide a product which people wish to pay for money for and the only reason people still part with hard earned money to see it is for a love of the name which your business trades under.....

The man you appointed to look after your interests has failed as he has overseen the slump of this business from being 3rd placed in 2001 and 2005 and winning the Scottish League Cup in 2007 to two utterly humilating Scottish Cup Final defeats in 2012 and 2013 to the utter ignomy of relegation in 2014.....

Since Tony Mowbray and John Collins left the club, manager after manager has failed to arrest the decline and I am sorry but not all these managers can be bad.... Your appointed representative has been the one constant throughout.......

Sir Tom, I and I believe the majority of the Hibs support continue to feel deeply indebted to you for saving the club in the first place and are grateful that we have a stadia fit for the 21st century and training facilities to match, however the fact remains that football is about results on the park and you and your representative have overseen one of the worst declines in this clubs status because of your negligence and risk averse attitude toward the business......

Because of this attitude I fear that Hibernian Football Club may never fully recover unless action is taken now to demonstrate to the army of supporters that this business will be turned around and sent in the proper direction back to the top third of the Scottish Premiership.

Your position is simply youe either invest to grow the business by putting a product on sale which entices new and old customers back to support it or with all due respect to you and your representative you publically offer the club for sale and prepare to step aside quickly to allow this to happen.

GGTTH

Speedway
29-05-2014, 12:42 PM

James and Liam held a press conference?

When you read this thread from a neutral perspective and all this 'as secretary, our members were not invited' 'as secretary, our members will be there' etc. It's all a bit workers union isn't it?

Are we going to have a picket line in front of ER and when Tam McCourt arrives for work, shouts of 'scab, scab, scab' from the 'members'?

AlbertK86
29-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Jamie Borthwick has tweeted that Rod is Meeting with Mike Rielly, Simon Pia, Paul Kane and Kenny McLean Junior

Kano quoted as he entered stadium as we want Petrie out

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2014, 01:14 PM

When you read this thread from a neutral perspective and all this 'as secretary, our members were not invited' 'as secretary, our members will be there' etc. It's all a bit workers union isn't it?

Are we going to have a picket line in front of ER and when Tam McCourt arrives for work, shouts of 'scab, scab, scab' from the 'members'?

I took it as John Collins and Tommy Craig?

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Have to agree with GG and Broxburn.. So, at the start, someone should stand up and say something like

"The difference between reality - relegation - and suitable ambitions for the club is action. The action RP has taken has been too ĥlittle, often too late and has seriously damaged the club - resulting in poor on field performances and disillusioned, angry and dwindling support. For these reasons the consensus of 90+% of the fan base is RP should leave - and thus a collective and convincing vote of no confidence is tabled in RP, and STF's continued support of RP. The fans are no longer interested in further soundbites, and plan action to force change at their beloved club"

Those present should then get up and leave - otherwise you will be subjected to more of RP's feigned concern and vacuous promises for change.

Leave the meeting and plan the next moves would be my way forward.

Hmmm... so the plan is get Petrie out and then hope for the best?

Diclonius
29-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Is the meeting going on just now?

bingo70
29-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Hmmm... so the plan is get Petrie out and then hope for the best?

Every other club does ok without petrie, why's he the only one capable of running us?

What would happen if he was hit by a bus tomorrow?

There's life for hibs after petrie, even of we don't know who replaces him.

Keith_M
29-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Those guys were merely posting their concerns, based on who they are. Stating they are the secretary of a particular supporters association is entirely relevant, under the circumstances.

After reading their posts, I myself am both surprised and concerned that there appears to be a meeting going ahead between Petrie and an organisation that claims to represent 'around 40 fans groups', when it appears that none of these groups were even consulted.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Is the meeting going on just now?

According to Jamie Borthwick on Twitter it is.

greenpaper55
29-05-2014, 01:29 PM
I notice our manager has been silent for four days now, that must be some kind of record for him as his mug is never off the box or in a newspaper !, he must have been gagged by the tache until this meeting is over at least.

Gus Fring
29-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I notice our manager has been silent for four days now, that must be some kind of record for him as his mug is never off the box or in a newspaper !, he must have been gagged by the tache until this meeting is over at least.

Thats probably more to do with the season being over and there not being a need for 3 press conferences every week.

FranckSuzy
29-05-2014, 01:34 PM

Heard he was away on holiday

Centre Hawf
29-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Heard he was away on holiday

I'm ever so happy he's managed to get away and get a break from it all. He really does deserve it.

southsider
29-05-2014, 01:39 PM
If Rod was going to resign he certainly would not be doing it in public, he will talk his usual politician type of guff that will read anyway you want it to read as he is as slippery as an eel. He must see us as being stupid as he has got away with things for so long but he must be told that he crossed a line on Sunday that was to far.
He makes us feel indebted, For saving us from hell, And then he puts us through it, It's time the b*****d fell. (with appologies to Jake Burns)

Weir7
29-05-2014, 01:52 PM

Away on holiday in America.

Ozyhibby
29-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Meeting over now. Any news?

Gus Fring
29-05-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm ever so happy he's managed to get away and get a break from it all. He really does deserve it.

I see no problem with him going on Holiday. He's not going to be doing much sat on his erse here. Everyone's entitled to a holiday.

Nailrod
29-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Hmmm... so the plan is get Petrie out and then hope for the best?If you're interested, I responded to a similar challenge on the Back the Board thread, with a 10-point plan which I believe would get us through the storm and back onto an even keel.

The OP, who had spent the whole morning demanding that people tell him what their plans were, disappeared off his own thread after my post, and has never been seen again. Maybe he thought that my plan was so brilliant that there was nothing more to be said.

I can't be bothered repeating the plan, but basically point 1 was Petrie to resign with immediate effect, and point 2 was An existing member of the Board to serve as interim Chairman until a new Chairman can be recruited.

We have about six other Board members. If none of them is even capable of serving as an interim Club Chairman while we look for a new Club Chairman who is marginally better than the worst Club Chairman on the planet, then it rather begs the questions: Then why the hell are they on the Board in the first place? and Who the hell recruited them, and why?

YehButNoBut
29-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Jamie Borthwick ‏@jamiekborthwick (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick) 20m (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick/status/472009258415177729)
Meeting over at Easter Road. I'll be reporting from the Hibs stadium on STV News tonight.

SlickShoes
29-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Jamie Borthwick ‏@jamiekborthwick (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick) 20m (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick/status/472009258415177729)
Meeting over at Easter Road. I'll be reporting from the Hibs stadium on STV News tonight.

Meeting was amicable, progress has been made, Petrie remains. blah blah blah

nribs
29-05-2014, 02:06 PM

A meeting took place something happened now back to you in the studio.

Pray4Marc
29-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Cue Jamie Borthwick to be as negative as possible regarding Hibs.

Centre Hawf
29-05-2014, 02:10 PM
I see no problem with him going on Holiday. He's not going to be doing much sat on his erse here. Everyone's entitled to a holiday.

Ofcourse everyones entitled to a holiday. I was just venting.

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2014, 02:17 PM

I never hold being a Jambo against him, as he is actually a decent journalist. Most of the STV guys are light years ahead of the BBC journos.

Kato
29-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I never hold being a Jambo against him, as he is actually a decent journalist. Most of the STV guys are light years ahead of the BBC journos.

Agree. STV have spotted a gap in the market - in that not everyone wants to listen to ego-driven idiots who think they are God's gift to "banter" spout on about their own team with no editorial applied at all - just journalists reporting on events.

Cropley10
29-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Let's be honest, its not difficult right now...

Kato
29-05-2014, 02:23 PM

I hope he is, any message that this situation is somehow "not bad" is the wrong one.

Geo_1875
29-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Agree. STV have spotted a gap in the market - in that not everyone wants to listen to ego-driven idiots who think they are God's gift to "banter" spout on about their own team with no editorial applied at all - just journalists reporting on events.

I think the difference is that STV/ITV journos work in a cutthroat, professional atmosphere.

Unlike the superannuated buffoons at the tax-payer funded BBC.

Kato
29-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I think the difference is that STV/ITV journos work in a cutthroat, professional atmosphere.

Unlike the superannuated buffoons at the tax-payer funded BBC.

Sadly true.

Jones28
29-05-2014, 02:58 PM
So is that the earliest we will hear anything?

Hibby Gav
29-05-2014, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Geo_1875;4038380]I think the difference is that STV/ITV journos work

fixed that for you

ggtth

Keith_M
29-05-2014, 03:41 PM
I have no confidence that anything useful will come from this meeting.

We have a group of amateurs up against a wily old fox that knows all the tricks and Business Bullsh*t. I've had to deal with his type in business for years and they are slippery and infuriating.

Although, I personally would love to be able to have a go at him myself, as I can be a really persistent and irritating ars*hole when required. You'd be amazed how successful that can be when dealing with guys like Petrie.

However, there is no way I would go into such a meeting without at least two weeks of preparation and getting the opinions of interested parties first. They are Lambs to the slaughter.

HibbySpurs
29-05-2014, 04:00 PM

We have a group of amateurs up against a wily old fox that knows all the tricks and Business Bullsh*t. I've had to deal with his type in business for years and they are slippery and infuriating.

Although, I personally would love to be able to have a go at him myself, as I can be a really persistent and irritating ars*hole when required. You'd be amazed how successful that can be when dealing with guys like Petrie.

However, there is no way I would go into such a meeting without at least two weeks of preparation and getting the opinions of interested parties first. They are Lambs to the slaughter.

Yep, agree with that....

Blokes like Petrie dont get to where the are by being nice guys who'll do something for you at the drop of a hat...

They are clever and are very very good at telling you what you think you want to hear....

He'll have dodged the issues and muted things about change and progress which all sounds very nice but in reality is buying him more time for manouvere....

Lambs to the slughter is probably not far wrong.... Samll business owners and fans never stand a chance against guys like him.....

erskine-hibby
29-05-2014, 04:02 PM

I agree.
Not giving others time to even prepare for this can
Only lead to one thing, embarrassment for the fans group.
This is a calculated move, yet again, on rods part.

Ozyhibby
29-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I take it that what was discussed at the meeting is a secret? Any idea when us ordinary punters are to find out?

#2 Double Tap
29-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I take it that what was discussed at the meeting is a secret? Any idea when us ordinary punters are to find out?

smart phones and video streaming. thats what we need :)

madhatter
29-05-2014, 04:59 PM
No news for us, the fans? Important meeting today and nothing from any parties...

davcar
29-05-2014, 05:01 PM
As per usual those who matter are last to know anything

29-05-2014, 05:09 PM
As per usual those who matter are last to know anything

:agree:

Would though someone would be able to release some information to us by now.