PDA

View Full Version : Plans to oust Petrie & "prehistoric hoofball" Butcher

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 05:21 PM
A lot of good ideas coming out but could admins merge into single thread.

What is clear is that emotions are running high and a large percentage believe we cannot sit back and await announcements from the board. The trust is gone.

So so far we have:

season ticket boycott or threat of one
Online petitions
Supporters Associations making moves - believe they can call a vote of no confidence
Mass protest march to east Mains or Petrie's house!
Calls from corporate backers to sit on further funding until regime change
Pressure put on Farmer

Believe though that, like the Hands off Hibs campaign, any movement needs a spokesperson and a united backing behind it. Is this possible and who would it be?

Vive le revolution
Petrie & Butcher out

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:25 PM

What is clear is that emotions are running high and a large percentage believe we cannot sit back and await announcements from the board. The trust is gone.

So so far we have:

Online petitions
Supporters Associations making moves - believe they can call a vote of no confidence
Pressure put on Farmer

Believe though that, like the Hands off Hibs campaign, any movement needs a spokesperson and a united backing behind it. Is this possible and who would it be?

Vive le revolution
Petrie & Butcher out
Can we not have protests surrounding marches to Petrie's house? This doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.

trev the hat
28-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Can we not have protests surrounding marches to Petrie's house? This doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.

100% :agree:
Any action MUST be through proper channels to have any credibility & there should be none of this whatsoever

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 05:43 PM

Actually it's likely to be the most effective. Several thousand Hibees marching to Maison Petrie after dark with flaming torches and the odd pitch fork for good measure would certainly grab the headlines and focus his mind that enough is enough.

Gus Fring
28-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Actually it's likely to be the most effective. Several thousand Hibees marching to Maison Petrie after dark with flaming torches and the odd pitch fork for good measure would certainly grab the headlines and focus his mind that enough is enough.

I know your half joking but all that would achieve is making the support look like a bunch of raving lunatics both in reality and in the media.

theonlywayisup
28-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Pressure put on Farmer

No, No, No.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I know your half joking but all that would achieve is making the support look like a bunch of raving lunatics both in reality and in the media.

And we certainly wouldn't want that,

tell me, what's your suggestion then?

Gus Fring
28-05-2014, 05:51 PM

I don't have one but because a bad idea is the only idea doesn't stop it from being a bad idea.

Weir7
28-05-2014, 05:51 PM

Everybody has their own way to protest. Peaceful protests at rods house seems fair

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Keep Petrie out of ER.

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Everybody has their own way to protest. Peaceful protests at rods house seems fair
Seems fair to go to someones house to protest? Any idea who else may be in the house at the same time and feel intimidated by a number of Hibs fans have a ahem peacful protest? Not for me I'm afraid.

pontius pilate
28-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Protest at E.R on any given date and make sure that word gets round get the media but most of all make sure that all who are protesting know what the common goal is petrie out. The last few protests I beleive turned nasty so lets keep the next one peaceful but forceful banners signs media chants songs ( non aggressive). Just my idea/thoughts

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Seems fair to go to someones house to protest? Any idea who else may be in the house at the same time and feel intimidated by a number of Hibs fans have a ahem peacful protest? Not for me I'm afraid.

Or me.

Business life and personal life are two entirely different things.

One Day Soon
28-05-2014, 06:03 PM

So so far we have:

Utter madness in my view. Butcher, or whoever the manager is to be, needs to be able to get players in fast given the scale of squad reduction we have seen. A season ticket boycott or threat of one is probably the single fastest way to guarantee a weak start to next season. Might have been a possible course of action if we were still in the SPL but not now.

Online petitions
Better. Would make feelings known and the scale of those feelings. But ultimately toothless unless the petition is able to point to specific planned actions. Its a wee bit Yam open letter-ish.

If that is deliverable it would be pretty effective in delivering a direct sanction to the Board, though calling a vote and then winning it are two very different things.

The first won't work because the 'mass' protest march would I predict be a pretty small number affair. The second shouldn't be suggested or attempted by anybody in their right mind. It is mob mentality and is just plain wrong.

See point one on funding for playing squad.

Pressure put on Farmer
How exactly?

Vive le revolution
Petrie & Butcher out

There is only one answer here that doesn't damage the thing we want to nurture and protect. The present owner(s) need to be bought out. I very much doubt anyone or any collection of people has both the money and the inclination to do so.

Gus Fring
28-05-2014, 06:05 PM

"peaceful". Like the protest on Sunday that ended up with people getting hurt, staff trapped in the stadium for several hours and a journalist getting pelted with coins?

"Oh I say Mr Petrie, we feel that you are not doing a very good job running Hibernian Football Club, would you please arrange as soon as possible for someone else to run the club in your place please, thank you very much". Is that how it would go?

Ff there's going to be a protest then do it at East Mains or Easter Road. That's where the club is and that's where any action will be taken.

nribs
28-05-2014, 06:07 PM
There is only one answer here that doesn't damage the thing we want to nurture and protect. The present owner(s) need to be bought out. I very much doubt anyone or any collection of people has both the money and the inclination to do so.

Worry not I have this minute received and email from a very wealthy Nigerian who needs to get some money out of the country. All he needs is my bank details. It seems its our lucky day I'm about to become very rich and hibs will benefit greatly from my unexpected windfall.

Dan Sarf
28-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Worry not I have this minute received and email from a very wealthy Nigerian who needs to get some money out of the country. All he needs is my bank details. It seems its our lucky day I'm about to become very rich and hibs will benefit greatly from my unexpected windfall.

Good news at last. Can you ask him if he can also play in the Matty Jack role?

leithsansiro
28-05-2014, 06:14 PM

So so far we have:

Online petitions
Pressure put on Farmer

Vive le revolution
Petrie & Butcher out

Don't do that - I live along the road from him and it's a nice peaceful area! :)

silverhibee
28-05-2014, 06:20 PM
"peaceful". Like the protest on Sunday that ended up with people getting hurt, staff trapped in the stadium for several hours and a journalist getting pelted with coins?

"Oh I say Mr Petrie, we feel that you are not doing a very good job running Hibernian Football Club, would you please arrange as soon as possible for someone else to run the club in your place please, thank you very much". Is that how it would go?

Ff there's going to be a protest then do it at East Mains or Easter Road. That's where the club is and that's where any action will be taken.

Who got hurt.?

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 06:20 PM
His house is fair game in my opinion, he ****s up our Saturdays we **** up his evenings.

We are too soft, make it as uncomfortable as humanly possible for that man to continue coming to work for our club. And if that means protests outside his house then its fine by me, i'd go as far as one a night until he's gone.

Carheenlea
28-05-2014, 06:27 PM
His house is fair game in my opinion, he ****s up our Saturdays we **** up his evenings.

We are too soft, make it as uncomfortable as humanly possible for that man to continue coming to work for our club. And if that means protests outside his house then its fine by me, i'd go as far as one a night until he's gone.

The actions and mindset of a bully - and nobody likes a bully. Would be a massive OG in any campaign.

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I think protests should be around the ground when the fans know he is there, not to happy about targeting someones home , when wallet merciless tried to destroy us his offices were targeted and he quickly got the message which caused a rapid turnover in his underwear department.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 06:30 PM
The actions and mindset of a bully - and nobody likes a bully. Would be a massive OG in any campaign.

When they dont listen you have to up the anti. Lets protest outside Easter Road then, no ****er is there now and the team dont report back for weeks.

Too soft by far, a soft touch off and on the park.

BroxburnHibee
28-05-2014, 06:32 PM
There's only one thing Rods interested in - money.

That's how you get him to go.

Gus Fring
28-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Who got hurt.?

One of the security guys broke his wrist when the people at the front started pushing the green barrier against them when trying to get in and Jamie Borthwick got hit with coins when he was leaving. If that's what happens to innocent people I'd hate to think what will happen if someone gets close to Petrie.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 06:37 PM

Here lies the paradox in your answer - I feel any future announcements coming out of the club will be towards a fan-based ownership proposal. Leeann Dempster introduced this at Motherwell - the Well Society - and she is still a paid up member in it (perhaps a conflict in interest here?) Look at the following link under 'D'.

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/members/

The Well Society is a great idea but is currently failing due to a lack of support. They have only raised something like £450,000 out of the target of £1.5m to collectively buyout John Boyle's shares.

It is my other opinion that Farmer's shares will be past into a trust and tun by a trustee such as his son, Tony.

To some of the posters that are still sitting on the fence with any possible radical ousting - the club is broken. To suffer in silence and just muddle along with blind acceptance of everything that the club spins is one of the reasons we are in this mess.

Enough is enough...radical change has got to happen quickly and I fear that any change proposed by Petrie is merely going to scratch the surface.

A proposed season ticket boycott could force the issue and with the right changes and proposals in place thereafter I am sure the fans would buy into.

Vive la revolution
Petrie & Butcher out

Lago
28-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Mob rule certainly isnt the answer.

Gus Fring
28-05-2014, 06:42 PM
When they dont listen you have to up the anti. Lets protest outside Easter Road then, no ****er is there now and the team dont report back for weeks.

Too soft by far, a soft touch off and on the park.

The people who work at the club day to day are still there in the off season. Including Rod.

Has anyone considered how these protests will affect players coming in to the club? Will they really want to join when they think the club is in turmoil?

Dr Jimmy
28-05-2014, 06:42 PM

Sounds like an episode of The Wire. Go after the money.

Seriously though if his home was targeted it would give him the sympathy vote and that man deserves **** all let alone sympathy.
We need to keep the pressure up through the media and at the games, this will take a while unless it's coordinated

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 06:51 PM

So similar actions adopted by various unions on the back of the Grangemouth debacle are the tactics of a bully too?

Petrie is the bully here because he has paid lip service to supporters concerns for years as per his nonsense at previous AGM's. He doesn't get it and never will. When his vision is something like "to win more games" he is grossly out of touch with that of the fans. The more shameful stories coming out about his stewardship the better as it only adds to a groundswell of opinion against.

TowerHibs
28-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Some funny responses in here. The language and personal abuse on other threads is almost over the top, yet when action is required and people have to show face and get out from behind their keyboard excuses come up.

Like or not, protests at East mains, easter road or wherever may turn ugly. Surely we have reached the point that we are not going to be dictated too any longer.if that means staff at Easter Road are effected or people in his street are effected then it may be the only thing that will get his attention. Everything has failed so far

john rossi
28-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Hi Guys As someone who was actively involved with HOH when we were last relegated in 1998 you have to have the majority of the Hibs fans onside which unlike our pressure group back then did not. This time is different i feel it is unanimous among the hibernian support that from the top down wholesale changes are urgently needed.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Some funny responses in here. The language and personal abuse on other threads is almost over the top, yet when action is required and people have to show face and get out from behind their keyboard excuses come up.

Like or not, protests at East mains, easter road or wherever may turn ugly. Surely we have reached the point that we are not going to be dictated too any longer.if that means staff at Easter Road are effected or people in his street are effected then it may be the only thing that will get his attention. Everything has failed so far

:top marks

Nobody minded the threats or indeed many encouraged it when Mercer tried his takeover, this clown Petrie is doing just as much damage and he's doing it from the inside.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:00 PM

The people who work at the club day to day are still there in the off season. Including Rod.

Has anyone considered how these protests will affect players coming in to the club? Will they really want to join when they think the club is in turmoil?

As Blackpool mentioned - we are a soft touch. The club is already in turmoil thanks to mismanagement from top to bottom. Without regime change and the right people in charge, nothing much will change. I do not trust either Petrie or Butcher to introduce the necessary changes yet some posters are still playing the wait and see game. We have played this game for the past five season and see where it has got us.

Serious fan pressure is the only answer now...

Weir7
28-05-2014, 07:02 PM

People at ER are salaried employees they have no power. Rod works part time mostly out of East mains

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 07:08 PM
As Blackpool mentioned - we are a soft touch. The club is already in turmoil thanks to mismanagement from top to bottom. Without regime change and the right people in charge, nothing much will change. I do not trust either Petrie or Butcher to introduce the necessary changes yet some posters are still playing the wait and see game. We have played this game for the past five season and see where it has got us.

So are you the spokesperson for the entire branch and if so we can assume that your views are typical of those of your members?

(((Fergus)))
28-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Absolutely. As the players did with John Collins, it would be more appropriate to go over Petrie's head and go round to Farmer's house. :agree:

Gustavo Fring
28-05-2014, 07:19 PM
something needs to be done now , we've played the wait and see game too many times recently

not sure storming to anyones house is the answer though . it would probably end in tears with some @rsehole lobbing a brick through his window or worse and the media would have a field day with that

Carheenlea
28-05-2014, 07:26 PM
:top marks

Nobody minded the threats or indeed many encouraged it when Mercer tried his takeover, this clown Petrie is doing just as much damage and he's doing it from the inside.

We may not like the way Petrie has presided over our club in recent years, but let's not get silly and liken him to Mercer.

While maybe most fans would support a form of protest, a protest that encroaches onto peoples private family property would not be something that would sit comfortably with a large section of the support.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 07:27 PM
something needs to be done now , we've played the wait and see game too many times recently

not sure storming to anyones house is the answer though . it would probably end in tears with some @rsehole lobbing a brick through his window or worse and the media would have a field day with that

If thats all it would take to get shot of him, there would be a queue the length of Easter Road of folk with bricks in their hands.

lucky
28-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Direct action works. The threat of 50 fans embarrassing RP at his home will spook him. But it has to be done in a peaceful manner.

I favour a march and rally where we can have various prominent speakers all calling for removal of RP and Butcher and co.

But the most obvious way to get them out is a boycott of STs, club merchandise and Ramsden cup games

Iggy Pope
28-05-2014, 07:51 PM

So so far we have:

Online petitions
Pressure put on Farmer

Vive le revolution
Petrie & Butcher out

For a wee while now I've been thinking about re-affiliating to the Supporters Assoc (lapsed a long while back) and St Patricks Branch in particular as I have close ties to the parish and former school.

This and the latest effort from Mike ****ing Riley have made my mind up for me though.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 07:57 PM
So are you the spokesperson for the entire branch and if so we can assume that your views are typical of those of your members?

No I not the spokesperson for the branch but what I can say is that is a view shared by many that I have spoken to within the branch including the branch secretary.

silverhibee
28-05-2014, 07:58 PM

Protest at Farmer Autocare, he will soon get the message when customers can't get in due to protests outside.

He will take notice then.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 08:00 PM
For a wee while now I've been thinking about re-affiliating to the Supporters Assoc (lapsed a long while back) and St Patricks Branch in particular as I have close ties to the parish and former school.

This and the latest effort from Mike ****ing Riley have made my mind up for me though.

Sorry to hear this - could I ask what your concerns of my post are?

Please note I am not some official spokesperson for the branch - yet I can say that a number of them share my sentiments of wanting both Butcher and Petrie out.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 08:02 PM

Hamilton I think to merely sit on our hands, stump up the cash and hope for the best from Petrie is the wrong answer. Is this what you are suggesting?

Ask again, what is so offensive about what I have posted and what Mike Riley has said?

WestStandMoaner
28-05-2014, 08:03 PM

Agree :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear this - could I ask what your concerns of my post are?

Please note I am not some official spokesperson for the branch - yet I can say that a number of them share my sentiments of wanting both Butcher and Petrie out.

Im also in St pats and wholeheartedly agree with you.

adhibs
28-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Keep Petrie out of ER.

:agree: . If hes still here next season every entrance should be blocked from early doors so he cant gain entry to the stadium. Would need a big number willing to turn up to do this but given the hatred towards him I'm sure it would be possible.

Hopefully he'll be forced out before then anyway

Iggy Pope
28-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Hamilton I think to merely sit on our hands, stump up the cash and hope for the best from Petrie is the wrong answer. Is this what you are suggesting?

Ask again, what is so offensive about what I have posted and what Mike Riley has said?

Ask again? Two minutes between posts?

Rounding up the horses and mobbing around Petrie's house is an ill-advised suggestion at best. At worst it's inflammatory.

Boycotting Season Tickets? Corporate pressure to withdraw funding? Aye. A further lack of cash is going to get the club out of the hole it is in. Until it disappears completely maybe?

And Mike Riley has previous for putting his foot in his sizeable mouth .Remember how he decided that the 'SPL needs Rangers'?
The latest quote “Everything you can think of is on the agenda, it doesn’t need an intelligent person to work out what route we can go and what we can do" hard on the heels of yesterdays gob***** about how well things are working out at Hearts says it all for me. I would like him to shut up.

And I don't have the answers. But I would certainly like a week or two to think about where the club is now. Every Hibby on earth is still a bit raw.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-05-2014, 08:28 PM

Rounding up the horses and mobbing around Petrie's house is an ill-advised suggestion at best. At worst it's inflammatory.

Boycotting Season Tickets? Corporate pressure to withdraw funding? Aye. A further lack of cash is going to get the club out of the hole it is in. Until it disappears completely maybe?

And Mike Riley has previous for putting his foot in his sizeable mouth .Remember how he decided that the 'SPL needs Rangers'?
The latest quote “Everything you can think of is on the agenda, it doesn’t need an intelligent person to work out what route we can go and what we can do" hard on the heels of yesterdays gob***** about how well things are working out at Hearts says it all for me. I would like him to shut up.

And I don't have the answers. But I would certainly like a week or two to think about where the club is now. Every Hibby on earth is still a bit raw.

Exactly, plus my old dear lives a few doors up. She wouldn't get to Pilates if there were 50 odd Hibs fans kicking off.

"That was classic intercourse!"

One Day Soon
28-05-2014, 08:33 PM

Most sensible post on the thread. Riley does not speak for me and neither does anyone advocating anything approaching either violence or personal intimidation.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:08 PM

For the avoidance of any doubt, no one is suggesting storming anyone's house.

a noisy, peaceful protest is perfectly possible.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:11 PM

I will be joining the Branch tomorrow. Enough is enough.

Cropley10
28-05-2014, 10:14 PM
We may not like the way Petrie has presided over our club in recent years, but let's not get silly and liken him to Mercer.

While maybe most fans would support a form of protest, a protest that encroaches onto peoples private family property would not be something that would sit comfortably with a large section of the support.

What might Mark E Smith make of this I wonder...?