PDA

View Full Version : Players and Managers come and go, but at what rate?

big-mo
28-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I have just been updating my players stats for the end of season and I would like to share with you some of the findings:-

Current first team squad - down to 15 players ( 7 of which have been told they can leave if they can find another club). Of the remaining 8 only two are over 21.

In the History of the club, 139 years, Hibs have had 1,497 first team players and 30 permanent managers.

In this century, (21st, last 14 years), how many first team players would you guess had played for Hibs? 40? 90? 120?

Nowhere near, it has been 241, I could list them if you want but I bet that would would not be able to name even a quarter of them without going back to reference books etc. It would be great if we had sold on even 10% of those but it is most likely it is under 10 players.

As for managers, 33.3% of all managers that Hibs have had in charge have been in the last 14 years.

Off all those players and managers, how many have we had to pay to leave?

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I have just been updating my players stats for the end of season and I would like to share with you some of the findings:-

Current first team squad - down to 15 players ( 7 of which have been told they can leave if they can find another club). Of the remaining 8 only two are over 21.

In the History of the club, 139 years, Hibs have had 1,497 first team players and 30 permanent managers.

In this century, (21st, last 14 years), how many first team players would you guess had played for Hibs? 40? 90? 120?

Nowhere near, it has been 241, I could list them if you want but I bet that would would not be able to name even a quarter of them without going back to reference books etc. It would be great if we had sold on even 10% of those but it is most likely it is under 10 players.

As for managers, 33.3% of all managers that Hibs have had in charge have been in the last 14 years.

Off all those players and managers, how many have we had to pay to leave?

Great insight into the the sheer mismanagement Mo......