PDA

View Full Version : What we have left.....

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 03:12 PM
?

Booth Hanlon Forster ?

Stevenson Stanton Robertson Harris

Collins Cummings

I know we have a few more but shows we need a lot of quality.

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Nelson and McGivern are going nowhere unfortunately.

nribs
28-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Fact? .net fact?.or a hunch?

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Am not a Stevenson fan at all, but I think he could do a job for us in the Championship. He will be on a cheap wage and we could keep him for 1 more year.

I honestly hope I never see Nelson in a Hibs jersey again. He is the worst defender I have seen. Worse than Murdoch IMO.

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Taiwo could have also done a job for us in the first division and he would be on a low wage.

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Am not a Stevenson fan at all, but I think he could do a job for us in the Championship. He will be on a cheap wage and we could keep him for 1 more year.

I honestly hope I never see Nelson in a Hibs jersey again. He is the worst defender I have seen. Worse than Murdoch IMO.

Stevenson added.

Franck Stanton
28-05-2014, 03:30 PM

Agree 100% Nelson, never was, isn't & never will be good enough to make his earnings from football, total waste of a jersey, in fact, when he comes out onto pitch, we are playing 10 V 12. Get him tae ***

coldingham hibs
28-05-2014, 03:34 PM
?

Booth Hanlon Forster ?

Collins Cummings

A shocking looking team by all accounts, 8 players who put us in this position, albeit with an incompetent manager, who will likely still be there.

Dobosz83
28-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Lewis Stevenson
Jordan Forster
Callum Booth
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Paul Hanlon

Alx Harris
Sam Stanton
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig

Jason Cummings
Daniel Handling
Ross Caldwell
Paul Heffernan
James Collins

Considering the 14 departures, that's a fair few left although quite a few youngsters. I'd be happy to see the back of Nelson, McGivern, Craig, Heffernan, Handling and Caldwell.

No goalkeeper on the books, no right back, 1 natural left back in Booth making his return. Harris is completely devoid of form so no natural width in midfield. Lacking pace all over the park and the 5 strikers on the books don't fill me with confidence.

This is some rebuild of a squad at a time when we are determined to remove the board. Genuinely raging with the mess we are in

coldingham hibs
28-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Of all these players l would only keep Hanlon & Cummings.

PeterboroHibee
28-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Whilst theres still a few in that list Id like to see go (namely McGivern and Nelson), I still think theres some decent players there to work with given the level we are at (unless Butchers fallen out with all of them). Realistically, whilst it would be nice to have a clear out, I just cant see anyway we are going to be able to rebuild a new squad from scratch on a limited budget and in a lower league, whilst trying to remain competitive at the top. We need to keep some of the players!

nribs
28-05-2014, 03:44 PM

And Stanton. I probably would get rid off every last one off them excluding the bairns bring in a team of guys who aren't on a downer aren't feeling sorry for themselves. A team of guys who will have the fans on their side from the start. A team who will be excited by the challenge.

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 03:49 PM
You can't get rid of every player. Its impossible. We have to trim the wage bill but try keep some players on low wages, but we need some decent quality in the squad.

coldingham hibs
28-05-2014, 03:52 PM
And Stanton. I probably would get rid off every last one off them excluding the bairns bring in a team of guys who aren't on a downer aren't feeling sorry for themselves. A team of guys who will have the fans on their side from the start. A team who will be excited by the challenge.

I'm not sure about Stanton to be honest, he looked decent at times but over the piece contributed very little. Yes he is young and was maybe put under too much pressure but when you look across the city the youngsters (even younger than Stanton) had a pretty big impact on their results, particularly near the end of the season.

nribs
28-05-2014, 03:52 PM
You can't get rid of every player. Its impossible. We have to trim the wage bill but try keep some players on low wages, but we need some decent quality in the squad.

You can but we won't. There won't be many players left in that squad of players who will be allowed to have a couple of bad games before fans get on their back.

Michael
28-05-2014, 03:53 PM
For me, Stevenson is our only player who puts in consistently decent performances. I'm also a big fan of Hanlon.

Forster, Stanton, Robertson, Cummings and Harris (based on last season's form) I think are all good players and should be part of our new team.

Collins and Heffernan can look okay at times...they might be okay with a decent team.

Nelson, Craig, McGivern, Handling and Caldwell...I hear there's a new Morrison's opening that might take them.

3pm
28-05-2014, 03:53 PM
?

Booth Hanlon Forster ?

Collins Cummings

Rangers and Hearts will be sending for reenforcements.

Dobosz83
28-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure about Stanton to be honest, he looked decent at times but over the piece contributed very little. Yes he is young and was maybe put under too much pressure but when you look across the city the youngsters (even younger than Stanton) had a pretty big impact on their results, particularly near the end of the season.

I agree with your thoughts on Stanton. His best performance came in the defeat to Rovers. He showed glimpses against Celtic in our 0-4 defeat that he had ability but as the weeks have progressed he has disappeared and games have passed him bye. I forgot he was on the park at times in some of the recent games. The lad has been thrown into the first team with heaps of pressure at a time we have been in freefall.

That said, the youngsters across the city had there own moments of mediocrity throughout the season where they looked poor, sometimes awful. 0-7 against Celtic, 1-4 against Utd and 0-4 against Killie to name a few. Something seemed to click with them towards the back end of the season after a year of playing together and the pressure being off.

nribs
28-05-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure about Stanton to be honest, he looked decent at times but over the piece contributed very little. Yes he is young and was maybe put under too much pressure but when you look across the city the youngsters (even younger than Stanton) had a pretty big impact on their results, particularly near the end of the season.Stanton was playing in a team surrounded by dross. Hearts didn't pick up results until they were relegated. I'm sure Stanton can be a big player yet.

JHFC
28-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I would have;

GK: New
LB: Booth
CB: New
CB: Hanlon
RB: Forster
LM: New
CM: Stanton
CM: Robertson
RM: New
ST: Cummings
ST: Heffernan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 04:12 PM

They have both been told they are free to find new clubs.

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I would have;

GK: New
LB: Booth
CB: New
CB: Hanlon
RB: Forster
LM: New
CM: Stanton
CM: Robertson
RM: New
ST: Cummings
ST: Heffernan

Forster is a centre half. Only fair he plays in his natural position and builds a decent partnership with Hanlon. He has the attributes to be a top defender, although am not convinced Butcher is the man to show him the ropes.

A right back and a keeper should be the first players in.

Jones28
28-05-2014, 04:37 PM
If we don't sign players for specific positions and constantly shuffle the team around then I am at a loss as to how good a coach butcher is.

This is a chance to build a team around our young players and give them a real chance.

It works for every other team that gets promoted so why shouldn't it work for us!

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 04:38 PM

Both will go.

woodyloon
28-05-2014, 04:41 PM
I would think that a few youngsters will get a step up to the first team.

1987green
28-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Hanlon has been told that he can go

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 05:03 PM
For defo? That is bad news if true, we should be building the defence around Hanlon.

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:12 PM

Hanlon or Handling?

1987green
28-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Hanlon or Handling?

Hanlon

Twa Cairpets
28-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Hanlon

Ketchup?

Green Fish
28-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Think we will see alot of black and baptie next season at lb and rb, will do us proud

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Hanlon

So at this point in time if what you say is Fact we could be left with no GK's no real CB's and no real FB's?

1987green
28-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Ketchup?

The player himself I met him in the airport before he went on holiday. He is totally gutted

Greencore
28-05-2014, 05:26 PM

No Stanton?!?

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:28 PM
The player himself I met him in the airport before he went on holiday. He is totally gutted

I just don't get why we haven't been told this officially if this is the case?

hibbymark
28-05-2014, 05:30 PM
For the people suggesting that Stevenson and taiwo would be decent championship players can I ask you this. Were either of them any good when Raith Rovers beat us at easter rd? Would they get a game for that Hamilton side who tore us a new one on Sunday? Would they get a game for the Hearts team who paped us 4 times out of 5 this season? Would they get in the Rangers team? NO NO NO NO NO!!! so why would we consider them for our team if we have any ambition of coming back up.

KDY Hibs
28-05-2014, 05:43 PM
?

Booth Hanlon Forster ?

Collins Cummings

This is my first post, brought on by my utter dismay at our current situation, I believe that unless we are able to bring in a bit of quality to add to what squad we have left, I fear for next season....and the season after...and the season after that. Experience is also needed to help with the younger talent, not McGivern, Nelson & Craig, who in my opinion should never play for Hibernian again. On another note I thought we should have kept KT and Maybury and I would also keep Stevenson, giving 100% to the cause is a good starting point and not something the majority of our recent squad were/are able. I would also bin Petrie, mainly for his poor leadership qualities and getting us into this mess, but also I find his arrogance intolerable. Sorry most of these points belong to other threads but I wanted to get them of my chest!!

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 05:54 PM
For the people suggesting that Stevenson and taiwo would be decent championship players can I ask you this. Were either of them any good when Raith Rovers beat us at easter rd? Would they get a game for that Hamilton side who tore us a new one on Sunday? Would they get a game for the Hearts team who paped us 4 times out of 5 this season? Would they get in the Rangers team? NO NO NO NO NO!!! so why would we consider them for our team if we have any ambition of coming back up.
So by that theory we should sack all 22 players that were involved last season and sign 22 new players. Oh and in the world of football that has never ever been done unless a club has entered administration. You sound about 15 with that silly comment.

Green Fish
28-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Surely hanlon isn't being emptied, the only decent defender with experience we have, what's the script wi zoubhir, his loan is up but not mentioned

1987green
28-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Met Hanlon at the airport he is totally gutted butcher told him he could leave

Hibeesmad
28-05-2014, 06:20 PM
If Butcher has told Hanlon he can go then I give up with the man.

eastterrace
28-05-2014, 06:22 PM
So by that theory we should sack all 22 players that were involved last season and sign 22 new players. Oh and in the world of football that has never ever been done unless a club has entered administration. You sound about 15 with that silly comment.

you sound even younger with that stupid reply. stevenson and taiwo are the reason we are in the crap , we must start getting a higher standard off player cause if we dont and we stick with guys like stevenson then we wont be coming back up anytime soon.

Green Fish
28-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Met Hanlon at the airport he is totally gutted butcher told him he could leave

FFS, I hope they know what they're doing, they need to release a statement of intent, we need to know what's going on, a plan. Is this too much to ask? Maybe LD will enlighten us!

Tyler Durden
28-05-2014, 06:31 PM
If we don't sign players for specific positions and constantly shuffle the team around then I am at a loss as to how good a coach butcher is.

This is a chance to build a team around our young players and give them a real chance.

It works for every other team that gets promoted so why shouldn't it work for us!

One of the few realistic and sensible posts IMO.

Half of our team has to be made up of homegrown youngsters and that's no bad thing. Forster, Stanton, Cummings and Harris could all yet be excellent players. That's before the likes of Black and Baptir who are highly rated. Personally I wouldn't write off Handling or Booth yet either.

That's gonna be half the squad. We need to identify other realistic targets in key positions like RB and centre forward. Hemmings would be a start, young players on their way up, no more Nelsons and Heffernans

Kato
28-05-2014, 06:32 PM

The form and confidence of the youngsters can't really be gauged given the standards of application given by their team-mates. Hung to do dry by the senior pro's in most games.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Has Hanlon really been told to go ?

Michael
28-05-2014, 06:36 PM
If Hanlon is out then Butcher can piss off. KT I could understand somewhat...but Hanlon!? The man has no idea what he is doing. Only promotion next season will convince me otherwise.

Steviethebear
28-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Hanlon is contracted until 2016 can't see him going anywhere

erin go bragh
28-05-2014, 06:42 PM
For me, Stevenson is our only player who puts in consistently decent performances. I'm also a big fan of Hanlon.

Forster, Stanton, Robertson, Cummings and Harris (based on last season's form) I think are all good players and should be part of our new team.

Collins and Heffernan can look okay at times...they might be okay with a decent team.

Nelson, Craig, McGivern, Handling and Caldwell...I hear there's a new Morrison's opening that might take them.

Dont get this Stevenson love in tbh . Yes he always gives 100% but dearie me ,he offers nothing going forward ,passes sideways or backwords and creative wise offers zilch . Worst squad of players ive had the misfortune to watch .

Ggtth

eastterrace
28-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Dont get this Stevenson love in tbh . Yes he always gives 100% but dearie me ,he offers nothing going forward ,passes sideways or backwords and creative wise offers zilch . Worst squad of players ive had the misfortune to watch .

Ggtth

:top marks

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 07:06 PM
you sound even younger with that stupid reply. stevenson and taiwo are the reason we are in the crap , we must start getting a higher standard off player cause if we dont and we stick with guys like stevenson then we wont be coming back up anytime soon.
Surely Stanton, Cummings, Harris and Hanlon should all get sacked then? They have all been rubbish at times too.

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Anyone know the difference in squad? I remember seeing players like Sauzee, Latapy etc but can't remember the squad before them.

If we've been through a big squad clearance before, then we could do it again?

Fat Penlon
28-05-2014, 07:09 PM
You are all aware that Stevenson and hanlon have been ever presents in the last 4/5 years during which we have consistently been a bottom 6 side ye?

These guys along with the rest of what's left simply aren't good enough! We lost to raith and hamilton during the last season so they are not even good enough for the championship!!

The only player currently at hibs that could hold down a place in a top 4 spfl side (surely what we should expect) is Stanton.

All just my opinion though.

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Surely Stanton, Cummins, Harris and Hanlon should all get sacked then? They have all been rubbish at times too.

Fat Penlon
28-05-2014, 07:19 PM

Get everyone out the club from top to bottom and start again!

Jonnyboy
28-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Somebody somewhere is telling porkies. Spoke to him at the airport and he was gutted is directly contradicted by another poster on the 'Hamlin' thread who says he's spoken to PH and that the rumour is rubbish.

Aldo
28-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Somebody somewhere is telling porkies. Spoke to him at the airport and he was gutted is directly contradicted by another poster on the 'Hamlin' thread who says he's spoken to PH and that the rumour is rubbish.

Mmmmmm!!!!! Strange indeed JB!!!

GreenPJ
28-05-2014, 07:33 PM

No doubt you were previously writing Wotherspoon and Rankin off as well before they left.

I don't think anyone is trying to suggest Stevenson or Taiwo or Hanlon are superstars, however, they are more than good enough for the Championship and if they do go (and stay in Scotland) would expect them to go to a PL team.

West hamBERNIAN
28-05-2014, 07:41 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis got POTY for us next year.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 07:43 PM

So he is he defo staying mate? I dunno whats going on TBH.

Jonnyboy
28-05-2014, 07:43 PM
So he is he defo staying mate? I dunno whats going on TBH.

Your guess is as good as mine but I'm in the 'staying' camp :agree:

calamitus
28-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Personally, I think Heffernan will tear the championship a new one if he stays fit.

West hamBERNIAN
28-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Personally, I think Heffernan will tear the championship a new one if he stays fit.

I reckon 12 goals would be a lot for him. He's decent and tries hard but were going to need some really good new players to give him chances. Who knows.

12AlbionPlace
28-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Anyone know the difference in squad? I remember seeing players like Sauzee, Latapy etc but can't remember the squad before them.

If we've been through a big squad clearance before, then we could do it again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Hibernian_F.C._season

The good, bad and the downright ugly:greengrin

Ronniekirk
28-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Lewis Stevenson
Jordan Forster
Callum Booth
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Paul Hanlon

Alx Harris
Sam Stanton
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig

Jason Cummings
Daniel Handling
Ross Caldwell
Paul Heffernan
James Collins

Considering the 14 departures, that's a fair few left although quite a few youngsters. I'd be happy to see the back of Nelson, McGivern, Craig, Heffernan, Handling and Caldwell.

No goalkeeper on the books, no right back, 1 natural left back in Booth making his return. Harris is completely devoid of form so no natural width in midfield. Lacking pace all over the park and the 5 strikers on the books don't fill me with confidence.

This is some rebuild of a squad at a time when we are determined to remove the board. Genuinely raging with the mess we are in
Dinnae worry we have 12 weeks to sort it and get rid of Petrie and T B at same tiime .lets hope Lee Ann has a good eye for a player and does coaching in her spare time :wink:

eastterrace
28-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis got POTY for us next year.

if he does win poty then we will surely be in a worse place than were we are the now

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-05-2014, 08:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Hibernian_F.C._season

The good, bad and the downright ugly:greengrin

Thanks for the link! It goes to show that 5/6 quality players has a profound effect on the team. It CAN be done.

Allan45
28-05-2014, 08:26 PM
We are left with mediocracy at the moment, it could possibly be worse by next week, I'll wait and see. Behind the scenes is not very pretty and I hope every player we could possibly get for next season is quality. But the down side of being in the Championship as you already know, it will be hard to get quality in.:confused:

I hope we can get quality at least through the spine of this club and start the season ready for a very hard challenge, my gut feeling is and I'm honest we will struggle to get top 3 as the days after Sunday seems to get worse:confused:

West hamBERNIAN
28-05-2014, 09:07 PM
if he does win poty then we will surely be in a worse place than were we are the now

I just can't see us getting a fans favourite type of player in nor do I see us playing good attacking football. If we end up playing the way I imagine under butcher then Lewis could easily be our best player next year. I should add that I may still be depressed.

hibbymark
28-05-2014, 09:34 PM

Someone doesn't agree with your opinion on a fans forum so they must be 15 ! No bother mate since I'm old enough to be you dad I will take that as a compliment ! I never mentioned 22 players I was only saying that if Taiwo and Stevenson are the height of our ambition when they are not good enough for the teams (hearts and rangers) that we hope to be competing with then we have seriously accepted the same level of mediocrity as our board have for years.

nribs
28-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the link! It goes to show that 5/6 quality players has a profound effect on the team. It CAN be done.
We paid money for Paul Holsgrove(Hen Broon)?

calamitus
28-05-2014, 10:00 PM
I reckon 12 goals would be a lot for him. He's decent and tries hard but were going to need some really good new players to give him chances. Who knows.
True, I've assumed we'll get some half decent service to him, but who knows?

Ronniekirk
28-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Mmmmmm!!!!! Strange indeed JB!!!

Strange times indeed Aldo ,All will be revealed in the wash.Everyone has a different spin on things just now .Always the same when there is a Vacuum and the club don't want to make a statement as they are still trying to work out cuts that need to be immediately made and look at what to do while Also brining Lee Ann in .What a Baptism of fire for her .

CB_NO3
28-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Someone doesn't agree with your opinion on a fans forum so they must be 15 ! No bother mate since I'm old enough to be you dad I will take that as a compliment ! I never mentioned 22 players I was only saying that if Taiwo and Stevenson are the height of our ambition when they are not good enough for the teams (hearts and rangers) that we hope to be competing with then we have seriously accepted the same level of mediocrity as our board have for years.
Nobody said Stevenson and Taiwo were the height of ambition. If you read my first post you would see that am not a Stevenson fan but he could do us a job in a poorer league. If we were aiming for Europe I would not have Stevenson near the team but we are going to be playing the likes of Livingston, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Alloa. The reason I mentioned them is they work very hard and they would be on low wages giving us space to sign two or three creative type players. Whilst I agree Stevenson is average, he is much better than Nelson and McGivern, he does not make individual mistakes like them. You are aware our wage bill will be reduced big time yes?