PDA

View Full Version : Early season tickets

hibeesjoe
28-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I bought mine and my sons season tickets before the end of the march cut off to take advantage of the interest free and the slightly cheaper price. I know there's a lot of talk about season ticket boycotts and also we have about 4500 sold at the last guesstimate so how does that influence people if a genuine plan was too withold buying one?

I wouldn't be keen on just cancelling my direct debit and it affecting my credit score, I don't even really feel like cancelling it at all because hibs need the money. The silence is deafening coming from Easter road though and the idea that nothing might actually change and it will just keep funding the chumps we have in charge from the top to the bottom grates on you the more you think of it.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 03:12 PM
I would send them a letter asking for a refund but you will withdraw the request if Petrie leaves and the club set out a credible plan for getting back to the premiership.

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 03:14 PM
I have sent an email and apprently the funds are already accounted for so no refunds will be given.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I have sent an email and apprently the funds are already accounted for so no refunds will be given.

If they are going with that line then they will have to keep walk up prices at premiership levels.

WestStandMoaner
28-05-2014, 03:21 PM

As yet you have not received your goods / product or any other word you want to use to describe what,s on offer, therefore from a legal aspect I think they could be on thin ice not giving refunds

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 03:26 PM
As yet you have not received your goods / product or any other word you want to use to describe what,s on offer, therefore from a legal aspect I think they could be on thin ice not giving refunds

That was pretty much my response. They said that they provided the goods buy entering into an agreement that I would have a season ticket for 2014/15

Hibby70
28-05-2014, 03:27 PM

You've also not got what it states in the conditions. Even thinner ice.

Hibby70
28-05-2014, 03:28 PM
That was pretty much my response. They said that they provided the goods buy entering into an agreement that I would have a season ticket for 2014/15

A season ticket for premier league football though. It's a different product now.

Jamesie
28-05-2014, 03:29 PM
A season ticket for premier league football though. It's a different product now.

Is that what the terms and conditions said though? I don't have them to hand but I wonder if they were specific in that regard or whether you were just buying a season ticket to watch Hibs?

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 03:31 PM
To be fair, relegation was only confirmed on Sunday and everyone at the club had a day off on Monday, so there hasn't been enough time for them to decide anything on next season's prices.

I realise it's difficult, but maybe everybody that has already bought one could wait to see what the club has to say before deciding to cancel.

Another week or two before making a decision won't make much difference and I'm sure you could still cancel them, if you wanted to.

:dunno:

Hibby70
28-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Is that what the terms and conditions said though? I don't have them to hand but I wonder if they were specific in that regard or whether you were just buying a season ticket to watch Hibs?

Yes. Point 6 in the conditions states it's for premier league.

Oscar T Grouch
28-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I think trading standards would maybe have something to say about this too. When purchasing the ticket, I would assume you thought it was for Premiership football, having done so myself there was no indicator on the website stating it maybe a championship ST at all. The club would therefore be an easy target for anyone wanting to sue them through the small claims court. You may not be able to quit the finance agreement, but you can certainly claim the monies back from the club as they have received the cash from Zebra or Raph collections.

Jamesie
28-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes. Point 6 in the conditions states it's for premier league.

That potentially creates a big problem then.

Hibstrooper
28-05-2014, 05:45 PM
What happened to all the competitions for early renewal?

3pm
28-05-2014, 05:47 PM
To be fair, relegation was only confirmed on Sunday and everyone at the club had a day off on Monday, so there hasn't been enough time for them to decide anything on next season's prices.

I realise it's difficult, but maybe everybody that has already bought one could wait to see what the club has to say before deciding to cancel.

Another week or two before making a decision won't make much difference and I'm sure you could still cancel them, if you wanted to.

:dunno:

They will have been well aware of the prices should relegation occur.

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes. Point 6 in the conditions states it's for premier league.Is it still called the premier league?

Hermit Crab
28-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Is it still called the premier league?

Pedant alert. :greengrin

nribs
28-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Pedant alert. :greengrin
Haha no I wasn't getting at the poster, I was wondering if this was the actual wording it the T&C's

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2014, 05:57 PM
The folk who will be least affected by a boycott of STs or games in general will be STF and RP.

The ones who will suffer are those of us still willing to support the team and the team itself .... not to mention the hot lassies in the ticket office who will no doubt be looking for employment elsewhere ..... now that would be a shame.

HH81
28-05-2014, 05:58 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TandCPolicies/0,,10290,00.html

Think its rule number 6?

coldingham hibs
28-05-2014, 05:59 PM
What happened to all the competitions for early renewal?

Good question, did this reach it's natural end or has it been pulled.

eastterrace
28-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I think trading standards would maybe have something to say about this too. When purchasing the ticket, I would assume you thought it was for Premiership football, having done so myself there was no indicator on the website stating it maybe a championship ST at all. The club would therefore be an easy target for anyone wanting to sue them through the small claims court. You may not be able to quit the finance agreement, but you can certainly claim the monies back from the club as they have received the cash from Zebra or Raph collections.
we are in a bad enough state without fans taking the club to court and suing them , jeez were will it end just put it down to a bad experience .

hibeesjoe
28-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Too be honest I'm not quite sure what I'm getting at with the post. Just frustrated they have the cash already and it's all went pear shaped. I'm sure there will be statements from the club when it's all sorted out. If there charging premiership prices they should be signing premiership players though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(((Fergus)))
28-05-2014, 06:20 PM
6. This season member card gives access to the specified seat for all Hibernian FC first team Scottish Premier League matches at Easter Road Stadium.

The T&Cs don't guarantee SP[F]L football, they only guarantee that you will have access to all Hibs SP[F]L matches. The fact that Hibs will not be playing any matches in that league is secondary.

Point 12 of the T&Cs is perhaps more relevant:

12. In all circumstances, refunds are at the sole discretion of the Club.

iwasthere1972
28-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't panic. Maybe we'll only pay six instalments instead of 10. Sounds about right.

Michael
28-05-2014, 06:32 PM
The T&Cs don't guarantee SP[F]L football, they only guarantee that you will have access to all Hibs SP[F]L matches. The fact that Hibs will not be playing any matches in that league is secondary.

Point 12 of the T&Cs is perhaps more relevant:

This sounds correct.

Also, you can't say that you thought you were getting a Premiership ticket as we "looked safe" since the rules of the Scottish premiership are freely available and well known. It was still mathematically possible and if you bought a ticket then you took that calculated risk.

big gogs
28-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Mrs big gogs and I bought our tickets and top ups last February,I called the ticket office on Tuesday,I wanted to enquire about the possibility of a refund.the young lady informed me that any decision on refunds would decided by the board,but could not put a time limit on any decision.we don't want to withdraw our money,but we do want to make a stand.enough is enough

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 07:43 PM
The folk who will be least affected by a boycott of STs or games in general will be STF and RP.

The ones who will suffer are those of us still willing to support the team and the team itself .... not to mention the hot lassies in the ticket office who will no doubt be looking for employment elsewhere ..... now that would be a shame.

I'm hurting because we blindly buy them every year.
A season ticket is a vote of confidence in Rod Petrie.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm hurting because we blindly buy them every year.
A season ticket is a vote of confidence in Rod Petrie.

No it's not, it's a commitment to follow your team no matter what. Rod Petrie doesn't enter my mind when I buy one, nothing much does to be honest or I probably wouldn't bother :greengrin

ehf
28-05-2014, 08:53 PM
No it's not, it's a commitment to follow your team no matter what. Rod Petrie doesn't enter my mind when I buy one, nothing much does to be honest or I probably wouldn't bother :greengrin

:agree:

You've got to see the bigger picture.

I renewed our seasons in March and we won't be using them as long as Butcher is in charge but it's a contribution to the wider community.

In the season just finished, I like to think that every penny of our season tickets went into Ryan McGivern's wage packet. And that the silver-haired colossus spent it all in the pubs and clubs of George Street. That would have enabled the Titan with the sweetest left peg since Barry Prenderville to buy a lot of champagne, beer, shots and bombs. And the establishments in which he spent my money would have used a goodly part to pay their impoverished staff. Everyone a winner!

Irish_Steve
28-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I spent £545 on season tickets - I don`t want a refund as I go to support the team but I do want the board to know how royally f.ecked off I am with the way we been treated!

Hopefully there will be some sort of announcement soon but i wont be holding my breath

Lang Toun Hibs
28-05-2014, 09:35 PM
No it's not, it's a commitment to follow your team no matter what.

Absolutely...why punish our club by demanding refunds, we will just be punishing ourselves. I want Butcher out and will never forgive him for what he has done to our club. Petrie I can take or leave - he is at least partially responsible for transforming the club I love. Don't have a go at me for stating this - its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Irrespective of Butcher and/or Petrie being there next year, I will be...its my team through good and bad and I'm not alone in thinking this. We will be back!

:flag:

malagahibby
28-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Don't you think people should just wait till ms DEMPSTER starts next week -I'm sure this will be addressed.
Starving the club of cash gets hibs nowhere regardless of what our wonderful new leader mr Riley thinks.
Ps who voted him in as our spokesman ?