PDA

View Full Version : The cost of sacking the management team

hhibs
28-05-2014, 02:41 PM
[B]

Much has been made of the likely costs of dismissing the present management team,my question is why should this be costly ?

Surely in the contracts an element of targets for the team was set?

Surely the relegation of the club must trigger this?

Is the situation that Mr Petrie did not include such a proviso in the contracts ? If so this must be seen as a clear failure of duty of care for the club and sheer incompetence.
OR
Does such a clause exist and Mr Petrie will not trigger it to save his "reputation" and thus protect his role in SFA,a role I understand he cannot hold if he has no role at a member club

In either case Mr Petrie, in my opinion has to go and go NOW !

Time for a total clear out, the club has failed and is failing on practically all levels.

GGTTH

[B]

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Spot on with that.

Lago
28-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Spot on with that.

Your not and he wont

Lester B
28-05-2014, 03:07 PM
[B]

Much has been made of the likely costs of dismissing the present management team,my question is why should this be costly ?

Surely in the contracts an element of targets for the team was set?

Surely the relegation of the club must trigger this?

Is the situation that Mr Petrie did not include such a proviso in the contracts ? If so this must be seen as a clear failure of duty of care for the club and sheer incompetence.
OR
Does such a clause exist and Mr Petrie will not trigger it to save his "reputation" and thus protect his role in SFA,a role I understand he cannot hold if he has no role at a member club

In either case Mr Petrie, in my opinion has to go and go NOW !

Time for a total clear out, the club has failed and is failing on practically all levels.

GGTTH

[B]

I'm really sorry to say this but this is not how employment contracts work and particularly not in the complex fixed term arrangements with multiple clauses that you will find for football managers. Duty of care is definitively not about failing to insert contractual clauses, which would not be agreed at contract negotiations at even the initial meeting in any case, either.

BH Hibs
28-05-2014, 04:16 PM
They should've walked out the door on Sunday night. As the failed to do that they should then have been punted on Monday morning and told never to come back and you're getting hee haw.

Lester B
28-05-2014, 04:17 PM
They should've walked out the door on Sunday night. As the failed to do that they should then have been punted on Monday morning and told never to come back and you're getting hee haw.

Not possible to do that. Sad but true.

BH Hibs
28-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Not possible to do that. Sad but true.

I know you're right mate but I'd have let them take us to court for any compensation they thought they were worth

RIP Bestie
28-05-2014, 04:39 PM
I know you're right mate but I'd have let them take us to court for any compensation they thought they were worth
Butcher has made more money from compensation at clubs he has fu***d up at and been sacked from than some really good players made in their careers. The price of failure eh.

Lester B
28-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Know the feeling mate but that would cost us even more money than paying them off!! Crafty so and so's these employment lawyers :agree:

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Regardless of the finacial aspects of sacking yet another manager, we have only a short closed season to prepare for the campaign to get back up. If we have to search for a new manager that takes time, then he has to identify the players he wants, then he has to go for them, probably doesn't get most of his first choices, then has to go for second/third picks etc. Then, of course they have to train for the new campaign. As you can see time is not on our side. This, plus who is going to pick the new manager? Petrie??
Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Lester B
28-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Regardless of the finacial aspects of sacking yet another manager, we have only a short closed season to prepare for the campaign to get back up. If we have to search for a new manager that takes time, then he has to identify the players he wants, then he has to go for them, probably doesn't get most of his first choices, then has to go for second/third picks etc. Then, of course they have to train for the new campaign. As you can see time is not on our side. This, plus who is going to pick the new manager? Petrie??
Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Fenlon was the frying pan. Butcher is a raging inferno.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Fenlon was the frying pan. Butcher is a raging inferno.

Hardly.
Fenlon built the, so called, squad. Butcher had to put up with it.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Do they not just stay in th payroll until they find another job. That's what happened with Yogi at Hibs and Levein with Scotland

Lester B
28-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Hardly.

Did he? Perhaps he could have tried to find a way of motivating the players. Or finding a style of play that suited their limited abilities? Rather than what he did do. Hoof, no confidence and meltdown.

Good managers can only urinate with the appendage they have to speak euphemistically. But Butcher made a bad team much much worse.

Franck Stanton
28-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Until we get rid of Petrie there is little point in sacking Butcher. IF [and it is a very big IF], we just got shot of Butcher and MM, then Petrie would have the task of hiring his replacement[s], and he has made a great job of that in the last 7years eh. One step at a time, get Petrie out, let Butcher re-build the squad and see if he can do a decent job, not ideal I know but sometimes it is better to go with what you have got than make change at the wrong time.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes actually he did. If you can't bring in new players till the closed season, then he had no choice. I am not arguing that perhaps he could have done better with what he had, but what he did have was ****, and was for all the time Fenlon was there.

Eternal Hibbie
28-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Hardly.

Hardly.

We would never have been relegated with Fenlon at the helm, never have been anywhere near it.

In the main Fenlon's "bad squad" played for him, Terry the Butcher appeared, added three wrong players in the January transfer window, apparently told the squad how crap they were and insisted on playing the higher the ball goes, the better I like it hoooofball.

In six months he and his sidekick have taken us from 5th / 6th spot to a play-off with wee Hamilton Accies only to throw away a fortunate two goal advantage at Easter Road in front of eighteen thousand disbelieving punters due to his complete lack of tactical prowess, and inability to use substitutes correctly - as had repeatedly demonstrated in the previous six months.

Don't let your dislike of Fenlon get in the way of the truth though will you.

Get the erse away from our club asap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Calum68
28-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Not sure that Butcher is the root of all the problems but the majority seem to have turned against him.

If the collective view is that he should carry the can and go there must surely be a way of doing that without paying compensation. For example, rumours are rife that some players are having to take a 50% wage cut. Should that not apply to Butcher and Malpas too? Might make them consider their future at the club rather than the ritual sacking / compensation cycle.

HibeesLA
28-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Do they not just stay in th payroll until they find another job. That's what happened with Yogi at Hibs and Levein with Scotland

Most people that I know under contract work exactly like this, including my own (though not in football obviously). The company will pay your salary until the end of the original term. If you find another place of employment for less money than you were on, the company will pay the balance between new and old for the remainder of the term.

Calum68
28-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Did he? Perhaps he could have tried to find a way of motivating the players. Or finding a style of play that suited their limited abilities? Rather than what he did do. Hoof, no confidence and meltdown.

Good managers can only urinate with the appendage they have to speak euphemistically. But Butcher made a bad team much much worse.

Good managers should be able to motivate and improve performance of even the most average of players. He seems unable to do that.

You could also argue that he didn't urinate with the appendage he had as there were elements of that appendage that sat on the bench and we're not used.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Hardly.

We would never have been relegated with Fenlon at the helm, never have been anywhere near it.

In the main Fenlon's "bad squad" played for him, Terry the Butcher appeared, added three wrong players in the January transfer window, apparently told the squad how crap they were and insisted on playing the higher the ball goes, the better I like it hoooofball.

In six months he and his sidekick have taken us from 5th / 6th spot to a play-off with wee Hamilton Accies only to throw away a fortunate two goal advantage at Easter Road in front of eighteen thousand disbelieving punters due to his complete lack of tactical prowess, and inability to use substitutes correctly - as had repeatedly demonstrated in the previous six months.

Don't let your dislike of Fenlon get in the way of the truth though will you.

Get the erse away from our club asap.

The "truth" is we were crap under Fenlon, had the worst ever results in our history under him, but as you say don't let your hatred for Butcher get in your way.

Eternal Hibbie
28-05-2014, 05:50 PM
The "truth" is we were crap under Fenlon, had the worst ever results in our history under him, but as you say don't let your hatred for Butcher get in your way.

Aye, if you say so - but it wasn't PF who took us down or maybe you believe it was.

Here's something else, under PF we had two cup finals to look forward to at the seasons end and, bad as they turned out anyone in their right mind would have taken them over the two cup finals Butcher led us too - and we still got stuffed, and I would argue the second game against Accies given the result a few days before was maybe the worst result ever in the clubs history - with far greater implications for Hibs as a club.

Still, as I said before don't let the obvious get in your way.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh aye 1-5, 0-7 et al
They are much, much better. Funnily enough it's the same squad that has taken us down. Fenlon was magician right enough.

Jim44
28-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I keep reading about Petrie's desires and aspirations re. the SFA position. Considering his abject failure to shine at Hibs, is he actually likely to be considered for the post?

Eternal Hibbie
28-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Oh aye 1-5, 0-7 et al
They are much, much better. Funnily enough it's the same squad that has taken us down. Fenlon was magician right enough.

You really don't get this do you - you have just keeked on your own argument from a very great height.

You are absolutely right, it was the same squad . . . the same squad that had us performing at 5th / 6th in the league that this hopeless git knocked the heart / confidence / desire out of and, after six months at the helm cost us our place at the top table to a small club a division lower than us over two games !

Fenlon was no world beater but his record was far, far superior to Butchers - well, maybe not in your world, eh.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 06:42 PM
So after the humiliation against them, celtic and Malmo, probably, no undoubtedly, the worst result in our history, his record is so great??
All that said I don't really blame it all on Fenlon, he was just not up to it. Petrie, on the other hand is just purely incompetent in choosing, and indeed backing, managers.

Eternal Hibbie
28-05-2014, 07:04 PM
So after the humiliation against them, celtic and Malmo, probably, no undoubtedly, the worst result in our history, his record is so great??
All that said I don't really blame it all on Fenlon, he was just not up to it. Petrie, on the other hand is just purely incompetent in choosing, and indeed backing, managers.

Right, last try on this for me, Hamilton easily overtook Malmo as the worst, the most embarrassing, the most far reaching, far costlier result in the clubs history, presided over by a buffoon who has managed to alienate a squad who may have been overperforming in the most part for Fenlon.

The three clubs you mention had far better, more expensive squads than ours, not so Hamilton Accies.

Anyway, I see you are on other threads on this forum also spouting tom kite so I'll leave you to it now.

Carry on regardless . . .

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 07:13 PM
It's called an opinion and obviously I'm not entitled to one in your book.
One thing though, since Fenlon was appointed we have gone downhill dramatically in footballing terms and hoofball had become the norm long before Butcher took over.