PDA

View Full Version : A statement of intent

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 02:39 PM
If you were the chairman of Hibs, would you demand that a certain standard be met this season?

Mine would be something along the lines of - the manager (Butcher) will be given a substantial budget to spend as he sees fit this season, well in excess of everyone in the league bar Rangers (and in excess of everyone in the Premiership bar two teams). In return, he MUST deliver the following next season or pay with his job:

The club must finish within the top two of the Championship
Points gained in league derbies must exceed points gained by local rivals in league derbies
The club must reach at least the final of the Challenge Cup
The club must at least reach the quarter finals of the Scottish and League Cup

Thoughts?

cleanyman
28-05-2014, 02:44 PM
There has to be something or the support will rapidly dwindle.

Its different from last time, we had a reasonable manager and we signed some great players. We were all in it together and believed we would do well.

This time, Butcher has taken us down from a near impossible position after a horrendous run of form. We must spend and we must get out of this division at the first attempt. I'm not saying at all costs, thats silly but we need to give it our best shot. Will that happen with Petrie at the helm?

Probably not.

stokesmessiah
28-05-2014, 02:44 PM
If you were the chairman of Hibs, would you demand that a certain standard be met this season?

Mine would be something along the lines of - the manager (Butcher) will be given a substantial budget to spend as he sees fit this season, well in excess of everyone in the league bar Rangers (and in excess of everyone in the Premiership bar two teams). In return, he MUST deliver the following next season or pay with his job:

Points gained in league derbies must exceed points gained by local rivals in league derbies

Thoughts?

Whilst i get where you are coming from, that is maybe a bit of a stretch to achieve from where we are at right now.

Craig_HFC
28-05-2014, 02:46 PM
If I was Chairman it'd mean I was Petrie so I'd resign.

:panic:

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 02:50 PM
If I was Chairman it'd mean I was Petrie so I'd resign.

:panic:I would kick myself really really hard in the bawz first.

Then I would resign.

One Day Soon
28-05-2014, 02:58 PM
There is only one target for next season and that is promotion, either directly or via play offs. And that would actually be a major achievement even if you were Pep Guardiola because the budget will be reduced and you are starting to build a new team and squad from a blank sheet of paper, though that does have its advantages.

John_the_angus_hibby
28-05-2014, 03:06 PM
We will invest in a team able to qualify for promotion at the first attempt. Failure to do so is not an option, therefore all executive and management efforts are focused on one objective. Premier League football in the season 2015/2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scuttle
28-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I would demand Butcher changes the playing style, give him one complete round of fixtures to implement this and if its not working hes gone. I would give every penny possible to get the quality we desperately need.Then if it still wasn't working I would blame Dempster

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Here's my amendments to your requirements.....

The club must finish FIRST.

Must be UNDEFEATED in local derbies with a minimum of two wins.

Couldn't give a toss about the Diddy Cup.

Must only be put out of either competition by a Premiership club, but not in the first round.

Aldoo
28-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Apart from the ethos of what it means to play for hibs I want it drilled into the players before they sign or are continuing to play for hibs that our sole focus at all costs is promotion, nothing is to get in the way of this. Cup games are of no interest and will be used to play younger players or guys coming back from injury.

The next 36 league games are probably the most important 36 games in our history.

If the players coming on board for this season don't like the sound of that or don't want that expectation or pressure then don't sign.

danhibees1875
28-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Tbh, I'd simplify that to "the club must get promoted" .

If that happens I won't mind how we've done in the cups or against hearts.

JustSimplyHibs
28-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Thoughts?

If i was Chairman i'd expect to win the league - promotion at least.
Win the lower league cup.
Reach a final in the League Cup or, Scottish Cup.
Achieve a 75% win ratio at home and a 50% win ratio away from home.

If you dont achieve any of the above i'd review your job!

Simple really.

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Any statement should include an intent to win the Championship and declare a budget made available to build a team hun beaters. Finishing top over THE rangers and the CHEATS would go a little towards healing the pain of relegation. Aiming for second and a playoff spot should be looked upon as a failure. This is going to be a new team and it should be full of players who want to win the Championship.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Too many stipulations.
Keep it simple, promotion at the first attempt, end of!

Aldo
28-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Too many stipulations. Keep it simple, promotion at the first attempt, end of!

This in a nutshell.

Agree.... Keep it simple top priority is winning the Championship. And anything after that is a bonus.

Jones28
28-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Promotion. Simples.

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Too many stipulations.
Keep it simple, promotion at the first attempt, end of!

Professional, Passionate, Promoted !

BVB Hibs
28-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Who needs so many goals? I don't care if we go out in the first round of every cup and get spanked 4-0 by hearts in every derby provided we go up. Beating the yams needs to stop being the be all and end all of achievement at hibs. Yes, I love a derby win, but in the grand scheme of things it's ridiculous to put more importance on them when judging a teams season than on any other league game. As long as we're ahead of them in the league I'll be more than happy.

But, a statement of intent is needed. Whether that is something verbal, or they simply show they mean business with good signings and vision in the first team, the fans need something to cling on to or it'll be a long summer.