PDA

View Full Version : Who replaces Petrie?

The_Horde
28-05-2014, 02:01 PM
When we get rid of faceless Rod. Who fits the bill as a replacement and what qualities do they need?!

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 02:04 PM
;4036089']When we get rid of faceless Rod. Who fits the bill as a replacement and what qualities do they need?!$64,000 question.

One of the indictments of his 20 years of misrule is that there appears to be a complete vacuum where the 'Succession Plan' should be.

Bad Martini
28-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Oscar? Elmo? Big Bird or even Homer Simpson.

All the above would provide more intuitive and insightful management of our club.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Someone whose priority is the quality and success of the team.

The_Horde
28-05-2014, 05:33 PM
So an ex player? Someone unrelated to hibs but with aproven track record of ambition and success? A big hibs fan?

Any names?

Hibeesmad
28-05-2014, 05:39 PM
;4036485']So an ex player? Someone unrelated to hibs but with aproven track record of ambition and success? A big hibs fan?

Any names?

Paul Kane?

Jim44
28-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Paul Kane?

The present fear is that Petrie's presence, full stop, is detrimental to the good/democratic boardroom management of the club. If Leanne Dempster is to become the finger on the pulse and the major decision maker/former, is the type of person who replaces Petrie so crucial? Obviously we would want a capable, efficient and football-minded person, preferably with an interest in the well-being of Hibs. Surely there must be a plethora of people out there who fit the bill. As far as replacing Petrie is concerned, it's what we don't need just as much as what we do need.

sauzee=legend
28-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Big Grant from forth 1

pontius pilate
28-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Someone mentioned a chap who worked at the SRU but was previously on our board and is a massive fan as well. Failing that im sure there is young hungry chaps out there within edinburgh who have an affiliation with our club who can bring fresh dynamic ideas who can enegage with the punters who can clearly conceive implement and execute a plan of action to take us forward and also wont accept mediocrity.

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 06:11 PM
This man is a clown but so is our chairman but i think even he would have been better though the physical similarities worries me a bit !.

The_Horde
28-05-2014, 06:13 PM
The present fear is that Petrie's presence, full stop, is detrimental to the good/democratic boardroom management of the club. If Leanne Dempster is to become the finger on the pulse and the major decision maker/former, is the type of person who replaces Petrie so crucial? Obviously we would want a capable, efficient and football-minded person, preferably with an interest in the well-being of Hibs. Surely there must be a plethora of people out there who fit the bill. As far as replacing Petrie is concerned, it's what we don't need just as much as what we do need.

That's a good point. Just make Dempster the chairwoman then?

schinkenotto
28-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Someone mentioned a chap who worked at the SRU but was previously on our board and is a massive fan as well. Failing that im sure there is young hungry chaps out there within edinburgh who have an affiliation with our club who can bring fresh dynamic ideas who can enegage with the punters who can clearly conceive implement and execute a plan of action to take us forward and also wont accept mediocrity.
The person you mention is a friend of mine and I was speaking to him recently about the situation.He was a board member when he had to pick up the pieces after the Duff/Gray fiasco and while he's still a supporter,he was sickened by what happened then and would not wish to become involved again-it's a thankless task.

As for the poster ,who suggested Paul Kane,much as I respect him-you're having a laugh.

There are serious people,following on from the late great Kenny Maclean, who previously would have be prepared to become involved,(members of the 50 Club,who contributed vast amounts of money to the Club's Youth policy but were rebuffed by Mr Petrie) but they don't now even go to the games.

Leith Mo
28-05-2014, 10:50 PM
The holding of the post of both CEO and Chair bu one individual goes against all generally accepted corporate governance guidance (although Petrie would no doubt argue that this was an interim situation whilst the Club looked for LeeAnn to fill her new role). However as the quote says: "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" and I believe this to be the case with Petrie; not "corrupt" in any criminal way but absolutely corrupted in the fact he lacks any iota of understanding of what the Club ie the supporters now need. If the role of Chair is to provide guidance and effective management to Board meetings whilst the Directors carry out their respective duties. I think we need a unifying and respected voice. I don't think he would be interested but there is only one man for that role. A man who would surely let LeeAnn do her job and who has the best interests of the Club running through his veins. PAT STANTON PLEASE.

RIP
29-05-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm sure there's a born and bred Hibs fan who has been the CEO of 2 EPL clubs. Now retired

greenlex
29-05-2014, 02:52 AM
I'll do it.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Dempster has replaced him. Or at least will do on 1 June.

Shearer
29-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Don't think we need anyone to replace him, if he's just going to be a non-exec director then he can go and we'll just have 1 less non-exec director

Nailrod
29-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Dempster has replaced him. Or at least will do on 1 June. What are you babbling about? She's going to become CEO and he's going to become Chairman of the Board. At least one well-informed poster on .net has suggested that she may not even be a member of the Board.

Nailrod
29-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Don't think we need anyone to replace him, if he's just going to be a non-exec director then he can go and we'll just have 1 less non-exec director Exactly. We need his wisdom, experience, and guiding hand like I need a third buttock.

Onion
29-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Petrie and Farmer will play this as a key reason for keeping Petrie as Chair - there no obvious or willing replacement. This is a significant problem. Ideally we need some influential people to find and propose a Hibs-minded chairman that we can all get behind. Until that happens Petrie will hang in there :(

gorgie greens
29-05-2014, 05:46 AM
Dont want that baboon any where near the club,Petrie needs to go he cannot be hanging about in any capacity and the only one that can make him go is STF he is the one we should be meeting,Petrie has skin like a Rhino and the face to match he will not walk away,this great club is on its knees ,we have this great training academy thats being run by an absolute trumpet if the stories about him that i have read are true,it all sounds like jobs for the boys,in our current state all we can hope for is league reconstruction as our only way of escaping that league.

Onion
29-05-2014, 05:51 AM
A further thought, STF is really the only man who can endorse Petrie's removal and replacement. How would people feel if STF proposed a replacement? That person would likely work to the same brief and perhaps have less experience in running a football club.

IMO the only way forward is for Hibs fans to get a small delegation in front of STF and discuss our needs and concerns. He did that in 1991. Needs to do it again.

Weir7
29-05-2014, 05:56 AM
I'm sure there's a born and bred Hibs fan who has been the CEO of 2 EPL clubs. Now retired

Bruce langam aston villa and Fulham. Hes already on the board as a non ex director. Has been for many years.

At the agm in 2012 he stuck up for the board and how the club is run.