PDA

View Full Version : Where do you stand on Petrie and Butcher?

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Just curious to figure out the overall feeling of the board.

Waxy
28-05-2014, 02:01 PM
As much as i want them gone,i wouldn't stand on them anywhere. That's barbaric.

Sumner
28-05-2014, 02:02 PM
PETRIE - has to go, untenable and will alienate many supporters if he stays

BUTCHER - stay of execution, for now.. poor start to campaign then his record speaks for the season just past & new one started, and he should be dismissed.

Captain Trips
28-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Both right out the door asap.

JustSimplyHibs
28-05-2014, 02:26 PM
I want Petrie out more than Butcher....

If Butcher stays, Leann Dempster MUST give him two options; stay or, go however, if you stay you must win the league or, get us promoted, win the Ramsdans and get to a final in the Scottish or, League Cup - anything less than this and his stay is over!!!

If he feels he cant deliver these expectations the only other option available to him would be - walk now.

southern hibby
28-05-2014, 02:27 PM
This may be insane but I genuinely feel the two must move on. It will probably cost us heavily I'n our playing budget to get rid of Petrie, butcher and his two amigo's.

This would probably mean we will stay I'n the championship and not get promoted. However with Dumb and Dumber, I'n charge of finances and management of team, let's be honest we ain't going up anyway.

GGTTH

Betty Boop
28-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Get them both out now !

woodyloon
28-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I have said for a while now that something is rotten to the core within Hibs and now we can read some disturbing versions being posted regarding how badly structured Hibs are.

It seems like we are run no better than someone playing Football Manager for the first time, the only difference Hibs can't reboot and start again.

Get people in who have experience of the position, from directors to players, get a new manager and coaches in, otherwise we will just keep only fumbling around blindly, and the difference now is we might be in the Championship for a good few years if we don't get Hibs structured correctly.

GGTTH

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 03:05 PM

BUTCHER - stay of execution, for now.. poor start to campaign then his record speaks for the season just past & new one started, and he should be dismissed.

So then we are left with all his signings?

Either now or we stick.

God Petrie
28-05-2014, 03:06 PM
I want Butcher out more than Petrie to be honest given RP is effectively leaving anyway. I see this as a chance to rebuild with a new structure but I don't really trust Butcher to implement it.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 03:08 PM
I want petrie out, as long as he is there in any capacity, I winnae be, it's as simple as that for me now. I'd maybe be willing tae give TB a chance backed by decent CEO tae get the players he needs but I wouldnae be bothered now if he left either.

Westie1875
28-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Get them out of OUR club now. Both have failed spectacularly in their roles and should be dismissed immediately.

I won't be back until they're gone.

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Against my better judgement, I voted to retain Butcher.

I'd like to see what he can do for another year with his own squad and a football minded chairperson at the helm

kaimendhibs
28-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Petrie is taking a back seat apparently so IMO it's more urgent to get rid of butcher now.

Sent from my iphone

smurf
28-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Both out. More so Petrie but surprisingly no mention of our owner in OP.

Franck Stanton
28-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Against my better judgement, I voted to retain Butcher.

I'd like to see what he can do for another year with his own squad and a football minded chairperson at the helm

Me too.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Petrie is taking a back seat apparently so IMO it's more urgent to get rid of butcher now.

Sent from my iphoneyou believe that after all the other half truths, flannel and patronising bull**** that has passed his lips?

erskine-hibby
Petrie, out ASAP

Butcher, given a chance to bring in his own squad.

kaimendhibs
Did you notice the word apparently?

Sent from my iphone

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 03:47 PM
No way Petrie will take a back seat, no matter how far back he goes. As long as he is at this club he will have too much influence on how it is run.

stubru59
28-05-2014, 03:48 PM
There's a good argument for adding Farmer to this list. That said, Petrie and Butcher will do for now.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Did you notice the word apparently?

Sent from my iphoneBelieve it though? If you dinnae apparently or otherwise why is it mair important tae get rid of butcher.

3pm
28-05-2014, 03:49 PM
In terms of where I stand, I'd like to stand on both of their heads right now.

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Petrie to step down
Butcher to be given chance this season .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
28-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Really? Are you serious? He took a squad of players from 7th in the league to relegation in a few months. His selections, tactics, loan signings have been utter gash. He has released the best player at Easter road after barely playing him while we toiled. Is that not reason enough. I am no Petrie fan but he doesn't pick or train the team. I fail to see why Leanne dempster would leave Motherwell to be petries puppet.

Sent from my iphone

Fife-Hibee
28-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Wish the both of them would just **** right off (NOW)

Stonewall
28-05-2014, 04:02 PM
I'd get rid of both but could live with Petrie staying if​ he genuinely keeps his paws off and lets LD get on with her job.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Really? Are you serious? He took a squad of players from 7th in the league to relegation in a few months. His selections, tactics, loan signings have been utter gash. He has released the best player at Easter road after barely playing him while we toiled. Is that not reason enough. I am no Petrie fan but he doesn't pick or train the team. I fail to see why Leanne dempster would leave Motherwell to be petries puppet.

Sent from my iphoneSerious? Aye, this was on the cards long before Butcher arrived, only two seasons ago we were a game away from being relegated under a different manger appointed by petrie, nothing has changed at this club since then and this time we didnae get away with it and have paid the penalty for the way he has ran this club and interfered in everything. We've been heading this way for years under Petrie.

Fife-Hibee
Petrie to step down
Butcher to be given chance this season .

Have you had a look at his previous record man ? Butcher just **** off

Beefster
I'd be happy to see both of them go but I'm resigned to both of them staying.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 04:05 PM
A squad that has underperformed for all the time that Fenlon was in charge. Had it not been for sparky we may have been in Hamiltons position this season.
Butcher was on a hiding to nothing from the word go, and I suspect that he knew it, hence why he said that most of the squad would be released at the end of the season, major mistake imo, but what could he do about it? Not a lot till now, the closed season. That is why I feel he should be given the chance. He has one season to get us up, if not he's gone.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Both out now. I won't attend while they remain.

we are hibs
28-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Both need to leave ASAP. Petrie quite simply hasn't done his job well enough and neither has butcher. I absolutely detest his style of football.

kaimendhibs
No one is arguing that Petrie is a major contributor, of course he is. Do you think Butcher is a good manager? do you trust him? I don't! That is my opinion which in the scheme of things means **** all in the long run so why are you worried about it. It's not my decision.

Sent from my iphone

Dobosz83
Petrie out, Butcher out

I have chopped and changed my mind about Butcher but have finally decided that I'd rather a fresh start. My main focus is Petrie for now...

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Have you had a look at his previous record man ? Butcher just **** off

Yes . Also was at most of games . Another mans team pathetic players showing no respect to club . Want to see what he can do with own team and commited players . If poor then change manager .we are in ****ty place right now imo dont see changing manager aswell as everything else will make it better .

WhileTheChief..
28-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Butcher out now.

Not too fussed if RP stay or goes so long as LD runs the ship.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 04:20 PM
No one is arguing that Petrie is a major contributor, of course he is. Do you think Butcher is a good manager? do you trust him? I don't! That is my opinion which in the scheme of things means **** all in the long run so why are you worried about it. It's not my decision.

Sent from my iphoneI've already said I dinnae care if he goes but certainly no before petrie, he's at the root of all this. I'd put money on mair people no going back because of petrie than butcher. petrie is the one who has done and is still doing the real damage, even just by being here he is alienating large sections of the support. I've never questioned your right tae your opinion I was just wondering (and queried) what you based it on when one has done much mair damage than the other. You dinnae trust butcher because of this season but despite all the years of damage he has done you trust petrie tae still be at this club and no stick his oar in when everything that has gone before indicates that that is exactly what he will dae?

kaimendhibs
28-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Never once did I say I trusted Petrie, that's not true. What I did say is in my opinion, Butcher is the priority. It will take time to oust Petrie but I am 100 per cent in favour of it.

Sent from my iphone

jacomo
28-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Both oot.

I should qualify this by saying that I think Petrie is trying to take himself out of the equation already... so long as he retains the trust of STF and STF owns the club then Petrie will be involved in some capacity, but it looks like he is withdrawing from the business of running things on a day-to-day basis.

I supported Butcher's appointment but have lost all faith in him. IMO, relegation is unforgivable and I want him gone.

snooky
28-05-2014, 04:33 PM

Sent from my iphone

Ever heard of a back seat driver?
RP shouldn't even be in the Leanga bus

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Never once did I say I trusted Petrie, that's not true. What I did say is in my opinion, Butcher is the priority. It will take time to oust Petrie but I am 100 per cent in favour of it.

Sent from my iphoneFair enough but we'll just have tae agree tae disagree on the priority. Butcher goes, another manager comes in and nothing will change. Nae point in getting rid of, paying off and replacing him with another manager who will be hamstrung with the same problem/s as those that have gone before, just mair money doon the drain IMO.

kaimendhibs
28-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Agreed, I want him gone too. However, I feel that butcher is a more urgent priority. I hope he proves me wrong, I renewed my season ticket early but I'm afraid I've lost all faith in him. I never had any in Petrie to start with

Sent from my iphone

kaimendhibs
28-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Fair enough but we'll just have tae agree tae disagree on the priority. Butcher goes, another manager comes in and nothing will change. Nae point in getting rid of, paying off and replacing him with another manager who will be hamstrung with the same problem/s as those that have gone before, just mair money doon the drain IMO.

That's fair and I take your point, I really do

Sent from my iphone

woodyloon
28-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Butcher needs to go regardless of the cost. We need to try and get things right if we want any chance of going straight back up.
Malpas can go as well, walks about with his hands stuffed in his pockets, looks like he would rather be somewhere else anyway.
RP can just stick to being an accountant and keep his nose out of any other business regarding Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
28-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Agreed, I want him gone too. However, I feel that butcher is a more urgent priority. I hope he proves me wrong, I renewed my season ticket early but I'm afraid I've lost all faith in him. I never had any in Petrie to start with

Sent from my iphone

I agree with you. I think Petrie will be gone before long but Butcher is currently still single handedly damaging the playing side of things right now and those consequences could be huge.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Petrie needs to leave now. His continued presence at Easter Road is having an extremely negative effect on the club as a whole and if we're going to come together as a club, he can't be here.

I would give Butcher some time to see what he can do over the summer to rebuild the squad and see if he can build a squad that is capable of mounting a title challenge next season.

HappyHibby93
28-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Petrie's position is simply untenable, and has been for a long time. I'm prepared to give butcher a season to prove himself, although if he did get the sack, I don't think he would hard done by. Overall, Petrie out, butcher in (on very thin ice)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Butcher needs to go regardless of the cost. We need to try and get things right if we want any chance of going straight back up.
Malpas can go as well, walks about with his hands stuffed in his pockets, looks like he would rather be somewhere else anyway.
RP can just stick to being an accountant and keep his nose out of any other business regarding Hibs.I really think it a bit odd (and have queried it before) that people keep saying that and think that it will happen when everything that has happened before suggests that he will dae exactly the opposite. You believe that will happen if he remains, that he'll keep his oar out? Leaving that aside even by his very presence he is devisive and driving a wedge between the support and their club.

Robinho08
28-05-2014, 05:24 PM

This.

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 05:25 PM
No way Petrie will take a back seat, no matter how far back he goes. As long as he is at this club he will have too much influence on how it is run.

100%. RP should play no further part in the future of HFC whatsoever. The club needs emptying from top to bottom and a new start from scratch.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Both should go. They are both toxic brand names and that won't change. Our Top Management currently lacks independant checks and balances and these two are justifying each other just now.

OsloHibs
28-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Butcher out.

Gustavo Fring
28-05-2014, 07:04 PM
i voted petrie out keep butcher

he inherited a honkin team that couldnt score

this seasons mess is petrie and fenlons work

woodyloon
28-05-2014, 08:04 PM
I really think it a bit odd (and have queried it before) that people keep saying that and think that it will happen when everything that has happened before suggests that he will dae exactly the opposite. You believe that will happen if he remains, that he'll keep his oar out? Leaving that aside even by his very presence he is devisive and driving a wedge between the support and their club.

Aye totally agree with you, my comment was in frustration as I can't see him leaving anytime soon.

I would have RP away and Butcher and Malpas etc. Yes people want to see him given a chance, and he maybe could rebuild, but looking at what he has done so far I can't see it, plus even if he did I'm not sure if I want to see the ball in the air more than its on the ground.

Jonny1875
28-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Both need to go, Petrie has caused managers to go where as Butcher is just a **** manager.

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I really think it a bit odd (and have queried it before) that people keep saying that and think that it will happen when everything that has happened before suggests that he will dae exactly the opposite. You believe that will happen if he remains, that he'll keep his oar out? Leaving that aside even by his very presence he is devisive and driving a wedge between the support and their club.

Spot on.

Petrie has a track record of this. He's pulled the Chief Executive smokescreen before.

Monopolyguy
28-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Petrie out, and it pains me to say it, but Butcher to stay, but only for the fact i don't want our budget to be damaged any more that it is.

IberianHibernian
28-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Butcher out asap so club can start looking for replacement asap . Now is the time to find good new manager as there are a lot available now and new manager will create interest in club and lift some of the gloom . And can start recruiting players . Problem is who is " club " in this case - who would select manager ? Have a nasty feeling there`ll be a few signings as sweeteners and things will be forgotten again . Still find it difficult to believe that Butcher hasn`t resigned - even if he stays and we do well next season he`ll always be remembered as the manager who took us down .

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 10:40 PM
So 8 people want both to stay!

Can I ask whoever voted for this can explain to me why first you still want Petrie and two why keep Butcher.

I honestly didn't think anyone here was pro Petrie so be interesting to read their thoughts.

IberianHibernian
28-05-2014, 10:55 PM
A squad that has underperformed for all the time that Fenlon was in charge. Had it not been for sparky we may have been in Hamiltons position this season.
Butcher was on a hiding to nothing from the word go, and I suspect that he knew it, hence why he said that most of the squad would be released at the end of the season, major mistake imo, but what could he do about it? Not a lot till now, the closed season. That is why I feel he should be given the chance. He has one season to get us up, if not he's gone.If you mean squad ( and not club ) underperformed with Fenlon ( 2 cup finals and mid table last season and this with a spell at top of the league in December 2012 ) how do you describe relegation and cup exit against Raith ? And even the " own players " argument is weak - compare loan signings even without LG - who contributed more - Boateng or Doherty ? , Wattmore or Done ? , Haynes or O`Donovan ? ( I`ve picked players in similar positions and avoided LG and Claros to make it a more even field but still show how poorly Butcher has done despite reputation , easy ride from press and knowledge of Scottish league ) .

Shields Hibee
28-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Both should go but we know there's little chance it will happen. If Butcher is still getting bad results and performances are no better early on next season then he should be sacked.

IberianHibernian
28-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Both should go but we know there's little chance it will happen. If Butcher is still getting bad results and performances are no better early on next season then he should be sacked.Clubs often struggle with a new league especially at the beginning ( we lost our first home matches in last 2 lower league years ) and with a lot of new players whoever is manager that may happen again so I wouldn`t sack Butcher after 5 or 6 bad results in October but I certainly would sack him for 20 - odd bad results now when there are good managers available and good players to be signed and season tickets to be sold .