PDA

View Full Version : Peter Cormack's comments in the Scotsman

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 01:52 PM
One of my heroes - not welcome at Easter Road it would appear and offer to help for free ignored. Sums up the blind arrogance of those currently running the club for me. :confused:
Sorry cant post the link but from yesterdatys Evening News.

One Day Soon
28-05-2014, 02:45 PM
One of my heroes - not welcome at Easter Road it would appear and offer to help for free ignored. Sums up the blind arrogance of those currently running the club for me. :confused:

Offer to help with what?

jeffers
28-05-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-future-is-scary-says-peter-cormack-1-3422962

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Offer to help with what?

As an ex pro help training with the younger kids giving the benefit of his considerable experience. The club didnt even have the decency to respond to him. Read the article - it's unbelievable the way they treat the likes of such great ex players.

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 02:54 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-future-is-scary-says-peter-cormack-1-3422962

Thanks Jeffers!

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Sauzee?

Case and point.

peter saddler
28-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Another thread which adds to the growing opinion that we must be the most unprofessional of all the professional teams in Scotland right now.

:boo hoo:

Hibiza
28-05-2014, 03:20 PM
can only recall him head buttin one of ours in an " anglo Scottish cup" tie with Bristol City/ rovers at ER.

Juice-Terry
28-05-2014, 03:30 PM

You have a PM mate.

hibee_nation
28-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

You wait 6 years for your first post and it goes wrong, nae luck mate :greengrin

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 03:42 PM
can only recall him head buttin one of ours in an " anglo Scottish cup" tie with Bristol City/ rovers at ER.

Korky was most definitely a head man more so for his wonderful ability in the air.

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Another example of those (one individual particularly) running the club seeming to have no respect for the history or soul of the club.

Would it really have been that hard to take 5 minutes to phone a player who is not just a club but a football legend and thank him for his offer but explain why it was being declined?

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 03:55 PM
You have a PM mate.

ok saw it. My point was that the club should have at least acknowledged the offer and responded. Also it seems like they dont want ex players attending games in any official capacity which is very poor. Esp those with the pedigree of Peter.

Beefster
28-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Another example of those (one individual particularly) running the club seeming to have no respect for the history or soul of the club.

Would it really have been that hard to take 5 minutes to phone a player who is not just a club but a football legend and thank him for his offer but explain why it was being declined?

In Rodders' defence, it may have been Hendry given that the offer was to help with the youth players.

It's reassuring to know that it's not just the customers that get ignored though.

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 04:30 PM

I wish we had players like him. It is hard to understand how Hibs ignored such a top player from our past.

He said "Half the current team wouldn't get a game with our reserve team, never mind the first team. But I didn't expect things to get this bad. It's scary. I know it's hard if you've not got the finances....."

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 04:41 PM
You have a PM mate.

I wish we had players like him. It is hard to understand how Hibs ignored such a top player from our past.

He said "Half the current team wouldn't get a game with our reserve team, never mind the first team. But I didn't expect things to get this bad. It's scary. I know it's hard if you've not got the finances....."

It's how we spend the money that we have that is the issue. Wasted on Collins but for a little more on wages we could have kept Leigh......................just one example.

.Sean.
28-05-2014, 04:43 PM
It's disgusting the club's hierachy treat legends such as Peter Cormack with such disdain and utter contempt.

This video should be shown to all those involved, in our current plight, from Petrie and his cronies, the George Street *******s who don't give a ****, to the clueless pricks that take training and set our tactics. If you skip to the end of this video you can see exactly what it should mean to you when you pull on a Hibs jersey.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYivwYRwqOw

Geo_1875
28-05-2014, 04:50 PM
It's how we spend the money that we have that is the issue. Wasted on Collins but for a little more on wages we could have kept Leigh......................just one example.

Oh behave yourself.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2014, 04:58 PM
WTF has our club become

Stax
28-05-2014, 05:07 PM
You wait 6 years for your first post and it goes wrong, nae luck mate :greengrin
:greengrin First time I've laughed on here for a few days, quality..

Gettin' Auld
28-05-2014, 05:20 PM
:tee hee:

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 05:21 PM
It's disgusting the club's hierachy treat legends such as Peter Cormack with such disdain and utter contempt.

This video should be shown to all those involved, in our current plight, from Petrie and his cronies, the George Street *******s who don't give a ****, to the clueless pricks that take training and set our tactics. If you skip to the end of this video you can see exactly what it should mean to you when you pull on a Hibs jersey.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYivwYRwqOw

Good call. I watched part 1 and part 2 and ordered his book. One of our very best.

Heedersnvolleys
28-05-2014, 05:32 PM
ok saw it. My point was that the club should have at least acknowledged the offer and responded. Also it seems like they dont want ex players attending games in any official capacity which is very poor. Esp those with the pedigree of Peter.

The ex-players get tickets behind me in the east. Wright and Kane are regulars, with macnamara less so. Nish was also at the killie game. They have been told to if they don't get used they are getting stopped. Terrible way to treat past players.

H18Y GW
28-05-2014, 05:56 PM
So if 50 other former "greats" wanted to help also,it would be ****in chaos,why say it now,remember me where he was Brilliant at coaching again

Were relegated,were clearing it all out !!!

The Doom and Gloom is beyond me now, and this is just more backstabbing **** that isnt helping,true or not..

Im now committed to next season as if we go in ,not all in it together as i think Der Hun arent ,i can see the Gunts running
away with this,and so it begins again..

Im reading ***** about Butcher this,Butcher That,yeah i think he screwd it up ,ive read we were

Top 6...No
6pts of second place...Possibly
6 pts of play off place ..Most certainly

Griffiths papered over the **** up that was Pat Fenlon and the little bit of form we had when TB was installed,kept us falsely
higher than we should have been,i still think we would have ended up relegated with Fenlon..

Only my opinion, but reading my **** FB mates Karma comments, and the way they have dealt with it,compared
to our stuff at present,they as Sevco, cant cheat or scam there way any more,look more set up for whats ahead
than US,THE MOST FICKLE FANS IN SCOTLAND..

Lets man up grow a pair and back the team.(note,the team)

If you dont fancy it and i can accept that,why not just leave it and let the atmosphere change for the better.

We looking like certs to stay down before the season begins.......Sad times indeed

Pretty Boy
28-05-2014, 06:36 PM
So if 50 other former "greats" wanted to help also,it would be ****in chaos,why say it now,remember me where he was Brilliant at coaching again

The Doom and Gloom is beyond me now, and this is just more backstabbing **** that isnt helping,true or not..

Im now committed to next season as if we go in ,not all in it together as i think Der Hun arent ,i can see the Gunts running

Im reading ***** about Butcher this,Butcher That,yeah i think he screwd it up ,ive read we were

Top 6...No

Griffiths papered over the **** up that was Pat Fenlon and the little bit of form we had when TB was installed,kept us falsely
higher than we should have been,i still think we would have ended up relegated with Fenlon..

Only my opinion, but reading my **** FB mates Karma comments, and the way they have dealt with it,compared
to our stuff at present,they as Sevco, cant cheat or scam there way any more,look more set up for whats ahead

If you dont fancy it and i can accept that,why not just leave it and let the atmosphere change for the better.

We looking like certs to stay down before the season begins.......Sad times indeed

I'm not sure why you have written greats like that. Peter Cormack is 100% a Hibernian great, I'm pretty sure most Liverpool fans would consider him as such as well.

He offered to help, he should have been acknowledged.

Jonnyboy
28-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Des Bremner was the victim. I'd like to let you all know how I reacted that night but my asterisk key is goosed :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Where in that article does it say that Peter Cormack is not welcome at Easter Road?

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 07:08 PM

Top 6...No

If there are 50 former greats then Cormack is a "super great" of which there are very few.

H18Y GW
28-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Where in that article does it say that Peter Cormack is not welcome at Easter Road?

And its not topical either,its dated

H18Y GW
28-05-2014, 07:14 PM
If there are 50 former greats then Cormack is a "super great" of which there are very few.

A super great , possibly at playing, im remembering Alex Millers sides playing much the same as the present dynamic duo.

Kato
28-05-2014, 07:39 PM

He was still given short shrift though.

Official statements usually have guff like "the Hibernian Family". Soft soap - not to reply shows they use that phrase as a tool and don't really mean it. Ignoring the letter was rude and not to try his idea out was folly.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 07:43 PM
He was still given short shrift though.

Official statements usually have guff like "the Hibernian Family". Soft soap - not to reply shows they use that phrase as a tool and don't really mean it. Ignoring the letter was rude and not to try his idea out was folly.

Yes of course I get that but the OP's post is a bit like sensationalism journalism implying that PC is not welcome at Easter Road when he is.

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 07:44 PM
A super great , possibly at playing, im remembering Alex Millers sides playing much the same as the present dynamic duo.

I'm not a great fan of Alex Miller or his tactics but I liked being among 30,000 Hibs fans watching the League Cup win. :greengrin

Whether Cormack is a good coach I am not sure but most great players in any sport are treasured by the present bosses of their clubs. Ours have forgotten what a great player is, perhaps even forgotten what a player is.

Kato
28-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm not a great fan of Alex Miller or his tactics but I liked being among 30,000 Hibs fans watching the League Cup win. :greengrin

Whether Cormack is a good coach I am not sure but most great players in any sport are treasured by the present bosses of their clubs. Ours have forgotten what a great player is, perhaps even forgotten what a player is.

They don't care mate.

Bill Shankley said Peter Cormack had the "greatest football brain" of any player he'd managed. OK he was prone to hyperbole but if Cormack and Neil Martin had an idea to help Hibs there is zero harm in giving it a go for half a season. Many clubs encourage veterans to hang round in various capacities and Hibs were (past tense) one of them. The people who have run Hibs for the last 6-7 years are morons when it comes to football.

H18Y GW
28-05-2014, 08:05 PM

I also enjoyed it greatly having played with Keef Keef throughout juvenile football,im sure Stanton O'Rourke and Reilly .too name but a few dispel your myth.

Albion Hibs
28-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Sad state of affairs. Hertz are in trouble and every former player that has access to a cake tin is welcomed in...hibs are in trouble and our former players are ignored. I can't for the life of me think why they would not even allow some coaching of younger players even for the PR / community building perspective.

There can't be many clubs that approach the former player situation like this.

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I also enjoyed it greatly having played with Keef Keef throughout juvenile football,im sure Stanton O'Rourke and Reilly .too name but a few dispel your myth.

He did not bad in the semi too. :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9gl1DJNiJs

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Sad state of affairs. Hertz are in trouble and every former player that has access to a cake tin is welcomed in...hibs are in trouble and our former players are ignored. I can't for the life of me think why they would not even allow some coaching of younger players even for the PR / community building perspective.

This offer to coach was several years ago, not recently.

Albion Hibs
28-05-2014, 08:47 PM
This offer to coach was several years ago, not recently.

and we were poor then, and still did not have the courtesy to respond, so I don't see your point?

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 08:52 PM
and we were poor then, and still did not have the courtesy to respond, so I don't see your point?

Your post referred to the present for both Hibs and Hearts that was my point :aok:

Albion Hibs
28-05-2014, 08:59 PM

Your post referred to the present for both Hibs and Hearts that was my point :aok:

I don't see the word currently in there anywhere, do you? I have drawn reference to hearts current situation, the article is clearly based on our recent demise, but it nor my comments above, relate to relegation I.e. the current situation.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2014, 09:03 PM
I don't see the word currently in there anywhere, do you? I have drawn reference to hearts current situation, the article is clearly based on our recent demise, but it nor my comments above, relate to relegation I.e. the current situation.

When you say Hearts are in trouble and Hibs are in trouble your post reads as the present, get it? :aok:

Not too bothered just referring as to how I read your post, it's no big deal really.

Albion Hibs
28-05-2014, 10:25 PM
When you say Hearts are in trouble and Hibs are in trouble your post reads as the present, get it? :aok:

Not too bothered just referring as to how I read your post, it's no big deal really.

Yep, sounds like a cheap points scoring exercise...whatever floats your boat:aok:

judas
29-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Cormack is indeed a Hibs great, but the idea of him being involved in coaching makes me chuckle.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Yep, sounds like a cheap points scoring exercise...whatever floats your boat:aok:

You really do come across as an obnoxious erse in more than one post, so I do know what floats your boat, away and blow yer a clown.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but I offer you a reasonable explanation as to why I interpreted your post as I did and all you can do is come back with a crap smart erse remark.

Albion Hibs
29-05-2014, 07:59 PM
You really do come across as an obnoxious erse in more than one post, so I do know what floats your boat, away and blow yer a clown.

I cant ant believe you have sat on that response for almost 24 hours, have you been sitting fuming the whole time :aok:. As I said, whatever floats your boot.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I cant ant believe you have sat on that response for almost 24 hours, have you been sitting fuming the whole time :aok:. As I said, whatever floats your boot.

I have just logged on and read your ersy response, would love to sit on here permanently but simply don't have the time, thanks for confirming my initial thoughts on you much appreciated, now that does float my boat knowing that I was right. :aok:

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Cormack is indeed a Hibs great, but the idea of him being involved in coaching makes me chuckle.

It wasn't just Cormack, other former players would have been involved. It wasn't even core coaching - just hanging out in the afternoons with those youngsters who chose to do so.

Brilliant eh, imagine a job where you could choose whether to work in the afternoons or not.

Albion Hibs
29-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I have just logged on and read your ersy response, would love to sit on here permanently but simply don't have the time, thanks for confirming my initial thoughts on you much appreciated, now that does float my boat knowing that I was right. :aok:

whatever ever makes you feel better about yourself :bye:.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2014, 08:16 PM
whatever ever makes you feel better about yourself :bye:.

Keep it going chump :faf:

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Keep it going chump :faf:

We should have sent you two to meet Rod. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2014, 08:19 PM

I love a session with a punchbag :greengrin

Albion Hibs
29-05-2014, 08:22 PM

I dont think mr angry would have helped the situation...plus he seems to be more about the written word and grammatical correctness, rather than the spoken one...mind you I reckon he could have come up with something to rival the statement that came out of the club tonight!!

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I dont think mr angry would have helped the situation...plus he seems to be more about the written word and grammatical correctness, rather than the spoken one...mind you I reckon he could have come up with something to rival the statement that came out of the club tonight!!

Mr Angry :faf:

Kato
29-05-2014, 08:25 PM

Chin up, bub, just trying to raise a giggle between you two.

I'll do my "Calm down, calm down" skit for Scouse.

:wink::flag::flag:

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Chin up, bub, just trying to raise a giggle between you two.

I'll do my "Calm down, calm down" skit for Scouse.

:wink::flag::flag:

:greengrin :aok: