PDA

View Full Version : 2 Choices

Nomeancity
28-05-2014, 01:27 PM
1. We wallow in this for weeks to come, moan about the players, manager and board and hope (expect) things to change. There's plenty enough posts already with views on what is wrong with our club and how we got to where we are. I'm torn between boycotting them next season or supporting - I really don't know what to do.

2. Take it on the chin. We are where we are. Lets get on with it.

In my sober head I really can't imagine a saturday not either being at the game or looking out for the score on sky sports. My kids are up for it so, so am I. I'm going back next season. How can we not support them - its Hibs. We're Sh*te and we know we are. Its still great being a hibbie. Makes the (very rare) times all the better. Having thought it through in my opinion not going will do more damage than good - so even though I am astounded the Butcher of our club hasn't left - I've decided, I'll be back next season. If Petrie takes as down the pan at least I didn't give up on them, if we turn it around I will be satisfied I was part of it.

Sammy7nil
28-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I think I will wallow for a while and hope Leanne bins Butcher :greengrin
If he goes I will get a ST

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Until Petrie leaves no one should buy a season ticket IMHO.

Nomeancity
28-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Thats why I'm torn. I totally agree with this statement - but its just going against the grain. We are hibs "supporters" - is boycotting the club supporting them in the long run or is going next season the best way to support them.

One factor that is swinging it for me is that the yams are loving that we are saying we are not going back - all the more reason to buy a ST.

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Thats why I'm torn. I totally agree with this statement - but its just going against the grain. We are hibs "supporters" - is boycotting the club supporting them in the long run or is going next season the best way to support them.

One factor that is swinging it for me is that the yams are loving that we are saying we are not going back - all the more reason to buy a ST.

I renewed my season ticket ages ago and still don't regret it. The moaning and toy throwing by many on here is becoming increasingly pathetic. Now, more than ever, we need to support our club FFS :rolleyes:

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I renewed my season ticket ages ago and still don't regret it. The moaning and toy throwing by many on here is becoming increasingly pathetic. Now, more than ever, we need to support our club FFS :rolleyes:

Good for you but i like many have been taken for a mug for to long, not a penny more until i get my club back.

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 01:57 PM

How can we support our club if the club doesn't support us?

erskine-hibby
28-05-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't get a season ticket as my work dictates that I cannot justify the outlay v the amount of games I can attend. I do, though, intend to go to as many games as I can next season. I don't want the club to be in, what I see as, the nightmare scenario of 'Them' winning the league, rankgers runners up and us floundering in 3rd or worse, simply because we, as fans/supporters fail to back the club. Of course, the club has to back the support as well in the form of investment on the park.

happiehibbie
28-05-2014, 02:03 PM
I have my tickets renewed already ! I did call today to ask if our money etc was refunable the poor girl on the phone did not know but said "more statements to come this week"

EdinMike
28-05-2014, 02:03 PM

:agree:

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 02:08 PM
How can we support our club if the club doesn't support us?

We wanted rid of Fenlon they did that
We wanted Butcher they got him
We wanted Petrie to step back from football matters and get somebody in to replace him for that stuff , they've done that

In all respects except first team performances our club is doing pretty well. There does seem to be a problem with the culture and attitude of the senior players and in my view it was/is the manager and his coaching team's job to sort that out. That THEY have failed to do that is hardly the Board's fault.

southsider
28-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Good for you but i like many have been taken for a mug for to long, not a penny more until i get my club back.
Yip me too

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 02:12 PM
We wanted rid of Fenlon they did that
We wanted Butcher they got him
We wanted Petrie to step back from football matters and get somebody in to replace him for that stuff , they've done that

In all respects except first team performances our club is doing pretty well. There does seem to be a problem with the culture and attitude of the senior players and in my view it was/is the manager and his coaching team's job to sort that out. That THEY have failed to do that is hardly the Board's fault.

The only thing that matters IS first team performance.

Kato
28-05-2014, 02:14 PM
That THEY have failed to do that is hardly the Board's fault.

A board that has seven years to sort it out?

A board that can't come up proper staff to trun a youth system after spending 5Million quid on a training centre.

The board, i.e. Rod Petrie haev no excuses for where we find ourselves.

Totally culpable.

Onion
28-05-2014, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=Paisley Hibby;4036078]I renewed my season ticket ages ago and still don't regret it. The moaning and toy throwing by many on here is becoming increasingly pathetic. Now, more than ever, we need to support our club FFS

Now more than ever we need change. Those that continue to support the current regime are IMO part of the problem, not part of the solution. By carrying on as if everything's fine you're denying all fair-minded Hibs fans a better club, a hopeful future, and a speedy recovery. Those who actively support a Hibs team in the Championship, with Petrie and Butcher at the helm, do the club no favours in the long run.

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 02:25 PM
It's not exactly rocket science to make a semi reasonable football team in Scotland, with a wee bit of sense and money you can do quite well and to find ourselves in the position we are in is bordering on the criminal. I watched a Hibs team on Sunday that i can honestly say was the worst i have ever seen in over fifty years with a manager who displayed a level of incompetence that was truly staggering, to top that RP insists that the manager is staying put !, so be it but this is not going to go away and dissipate in a few weeks when we have cooled down this is for keeps until the whole lot are emptied.

Kato
28-05-2014, 02:26 PM
I'll always support Hibs.

The best way to support them at the moment, imho, is put pressure on the club for a change at the top.

Even if we scraped through on Sunday their record on the football front over teh last 6-7 years just doesn't cut-it. No problem with their record on the infrastructure but that job is finished and someone who knows what they are doing for Hibs as a football club is required.

Dobosz83
28-05-2014, 02:33 PM
The nonsense has to stop. I'm in the Farmer/Petrie out bracket at this moment in time. I don't know what the solution is but it's time for change and I'm hopeful that by the end of the week we'll know more about what those plans look like based on Mike Reilly's recent comments (not saying he's the man to drive change but clearly something is on the horizon in terms of a solution).

I cannot sit in on a Saturday and not support Hibs but I can pick and chose the games I attend as a walk up on my terms. In all likely hood, I'll be traveling to Alloa, Dumbarton, Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath etc. and following the club on their travels.... Unless there are changes of course...

Hibeesmad
28-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I've unfortunately already renewed my season ticket but my advice to anyone else would be to wait until we see what happens over the next couple of weeks and then decide on what you want to do, I want Petrie gone, I want our current or new manager to be given a budget to take us straight back up and I want a lot of changes right through club. Hopefully Dempster can sort this mess out