PDA

View Full Version : Culture change needed if we are to come back up

Paloschi
28-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Hibs must make a significant culture change if we want promotion this season.

Rangers and Hertz will do everything possible to come back up, they will spend even when they have nothing left, they will fight every battle, they will trash talk to the media and they will even find ways to win that some would consider 'unfair' i.e diving, handballs, cynical fouls etc.

I for one do not condone this behaviour but feel Hibs need to 'man up' and play them at their own game.

More than ever we need to SPEND. We need players and a manager who want to win at all costs. I'm not saying spend millions but at least speculate, take risk and invest in this instance. We will end up fighting with Alloa or Cowdenbeath for 7th place otherwise! We will continue to get pumped off Hertz and Rangers will find us easy to beat.

Lets stop being soft touches and deliver these bigoted fools a right kick in the balls and win the Championship!

Ambition. Let's be winners for once.

lord bunberry
28-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I agree we need to spend a bit of money but I disagree with the rest of it, we won't ever be fighting it out for 7th place next season, hearts won't spend money they've not got they've made that clear already. We should never resort to dirty tactics to win games, that's not what I want to see when I go to the football.

Paloschi
28-05-2014, 10:40 AM
I agree we need to spend a bit of money but I disagree with the rest of it, we won't ever be fighting it out for 7th place next season, hearts won't spend money they've not got they've made that clear already. We should never resort to dirty tactics to win games, that's not what I want to see when I go to the football.

Fair points.

I don't want to see that either but at the end of the day all I really want to see is a Hibs victory.

I think if we don't invest we will struggle. Championship is a decent league by all accounts. Hamilton pumped us.

Craig_HFC
28-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Completely agree. We've been far too 'nice' as a club for years.

For example;

Craig Thomson's performance in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final - the club say nothing.

Leigh Griffith's free kick vs Hearts which was at least a yard over the line but not given - the club say nothing.

Jordon Forster's disallowed goal at Tynecastle for being offside when he was 2 yards onside - the club say nothing.

Craig Thomson being pictured smiling with Hearts supporters while they are giving it the '5-1' gesture - the club say nothing.

For far too long we have been too nice off the pitch, in my opinion because Petrie wants to keep his reputation within the SFA intact, but something needs to change now. We need a nasty streak.

We need to let other clubs, the media etc know that we won't be pushovers any longer.

We need our players (whoever they may be next season) to show a bit of fight and dominate other teams in the way our midfield has been dominated for much of the past season. We need players who will take a game by the scruff of the neck and control it.

We need a board who are ambitious and understand what the support want.

We need change.

#2 Double Tap
28-05-2014, 10:45 AM

I want to see an entertaining and a winning side. I want to win the top league, I want to win the Scottish Cup. I want to win every single derby and
expect hibs to win every single home game in a season.

We need to build a team to do that, it should be the single most important aim of the footballing club, any other aims are pointless.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 10:47 AM
We don't have a culture at the club to change. We just drift.

lord bunberry
28-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Fair points.

I don't want to see that either but at the end of the day all I really want to see is a Hibs victory.

I think if we don't invest we will struggle. Championship is a decent league by all accounts. Hamilton pumped us.

You're right, if we don't invest in the team we will struggle to get promoted.

lord bunberry
28-05-2014, 10:55 AM
I want to see an entertaining and a winning side. I want to win the top league, I want to win the Scottish Cup. I want to win every single derby and
expect hibs to win every single home game in a season.

We need to build a team to do that, it should be the single most important aim of the footballing club, any other aims are pointless.

That's also what I want to see, a good hibs team playing good football winning football matches. The media or anyone else for that matter can say what they want, I don't care.

stubru59
28-05-2014, 10:57 AM
We don't have a culture at the club to change. We just drift.

We have a winning isn't everything culture. Which shouldn't be translated as winning at all cost.

Gettin' Auld
28-05-2014, 11:12 AM

Doubt if there would be many of us complaining if some of our players on sunday, had 'taken one for the team' when Hamilton were chasing that second goal with just a minute or two remaining.........We should have employing whatever tactics were necesssary, including slicing guys in half before they even got near to our penalty box.

We get a red card or two. Big deal. We'd probably still be a premiership team today.

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 11:25 AM
I've stated this a few times but I'm going to say it again, for emphasis. The culture at Hibs needs to change from the very top management, owner, board room, etc, right through to the youth teams.

1) We need to accept success and nothing less. We should be going out to WIN the Championship this season, not hope that somehow we'll maybe make it through to the Play-Offs.

2) We need to stop being the Nice Guys. If we're cheated during a game by poor refereeing, diving forwards or downright cheating, I want us to make such a fuss that everybody else is sick of hearing it. I want Neil Lennon style whingeing and don't give a toss what anybody else thinks.

3) No more after match interviews telling us how well the players do on the training field and we're still working on transferring that to the pitch. Just bl**dy do it then and stop making excuses. If you don't know how to do it, you've failed and should just p*ss off!

4) I want to erect a sign above the visitors entrance that says, "This is Easter Road. Be afraid, very afraid!". Then do everthing we can to make their visit as unpleasant as possible.

5) Finally, I want us to adopt the words of Vince Lombardi as our motto...

....."Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".

The Modfather
28-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Where's all the folk that kept telling us that Fenlon had changed the culture and all the work he had done behind the scenes. Nothing was ever quantified and the squad Fenlon assembled is just as big a shower of unprofesional, lazy, shirkers that hide whenever called upon.

Say what else you like about him, but if it's a profesional winning culture you want give John Collins a call and ask him his thoughts on the goings on at Hibs.

Springbank
28-05-2014, 12:05 PM
We should pay nedz to let down Craig thomsons tires every single time he comes to Easter road

John_the_angus_hibby
28-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Culture is always a bit amorphous. Culture is basically behaviour; what we do, how we say it, how we look etc. it's observable. It's not the same at mentality, but can influence it.

Players pick up the behaviour and habits of what they see and hear around them. Can we expect them to be ambitious if they don't see it from the management and executives? I sometimes sense there are too many in Hibs just happy to be employed by Hibs.

More ambition and 'hate to lose' behaviour from the club and some seasoned but professional players to walk the walk would go a long way to creating a better 'culture'.

If the club seems to shrug it's collective shoulders at loss and mediocrity how can it expect it's playing staff to do different.

I don't think Petrie can change. He probably is hurting, but he is not what we need. Not now. You've done your job Petrie, but for the last few years the root cause of our problems could be found in ever decreasing circles around his desk.

If Hib's performance over the last few years was paralleled in the corporate world Petrie would now be gone. A thanks for past efforts, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monopolyguy
28-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I for one do not condone this behaviour but feel Hibs need to 'man up' and play them at their own game.

Absolutely this ^ 100%.

I Was taking to one of my friends a few weeks ago regarding the attitude of players at our club over the past few seasons, and saying we have had far to many bottlers, soft touches and daft laddies at this club and it was about time we stared getting in some hard case players again, players who can really wind up the opposition, get stuck in and can handle the pressure from the crowd. And i think it is even more necessary with the season we've got ahead of us.

Also, i think we need to let players know that this club isn't a **** around holiday camp until the OF or an English team come calling.