PDA

View Full Version : Players comments this week

jdships
28-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I put this as a serious question without any comment.
Why all of sudden do we have a rush of ex players and former players putting forward their " theories" as to what went wrong ?
Are these comments/accusations etc genuine or are they articles cobbled together by Journo's desperate for " stories that sell newspapers " ?

They can represent genuine concern for the club or simply stirring the s..t !
:greengrin:wink:

Hibby Gav
28-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Think you answered it mate...lazy journos looking to sell papers and preying on the fact that we respect some old players opinions...Pat Stanton etc...

jdships
28-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Think you answered it mate...lazy journos looking to sell papers and preying on the fact that we respect some old players opinions...Pat Stanton etc...

:agree:
That seems to also be the general opinion among my mates who are Hibbees
Thanks

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:00 AM
The ones that annoy me the most are comments from players who have just left . Imo how dare they try to blame anything other than there performances on the pitch . Disgraceful , and I dont believe due to Rp needing to leave they get blamed enough or criticised for just what a season they have had and how they performed during it .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Heedersnvolleys
28-05-2014, 10:04 AM
The ones that annoy me the most are comments from players who have just left . Imo how dare they try to blame anything other than there performances on the pitch . Disgraceful , and I dont believe due to Rp needing to leave they get blamed enough or criticised for just what a season they have had and how they performed during it .

Yeah but the players doing the most talking did not get a game, read into that what you want!

roryg
28-05-2014, 10:28 AM
For far too long we are continually being reminded by present, and former players that this isn't good enough. We want to stay loyal but, u can only take so much. Whether TB is the man to change things only time will tell.personally, I fear big time for the future of my beloved club. Big games and names may soon b a thing of the past.

Lago
28-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah but the players doing the most talking did not get a game, read into that what you want!

It wasn't me a big boy did it and ran away.

Billychaotic182
28-05-2014, 10:44 AM

But they players talking out barely kicked a ball for us this season!

Baader
28-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Good bit of self preservation going on here - they do need to find clubs after all...

--------
28-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I put this as a serious question without any comment.
Why all of sudden do we have a rush of ex players and former players putting forward their " theories" as to what went wrong ?
Are these comments/accusations etc genuine or are they articles cobbled together by Journo's desperate for "stories that sell newspapers"?

They can represent genuine concern for the club or simply stirring the s..t !
:greengrin:wink:

I think the interviews with players who have just left are what you say they are - opportunistic journalists cobbling stories together to fill space in the paper in the gap between the end of the League season and the World Cup.

But personally I take Pat Stanton's comments seriously - he's close enough to the club to know what he's talking about and as a former captain and as by far the most gifted footballer I've seen in a Hibs shirt (make that just about the most gifted footballer I've ever seen in the flesh, full stop) his opinion needs to be heard.

I also think Brown and Thomson need to be listened to with a bit more respect than others - I still have a niggling feeling that Petrie wasn't too bothered about the prospect of relegation because he reckons the Championship will be as good a place for earning money next season as the Premiership, maybe even better than the Premiership.

If that's the case, he's a bigger fool than even I was taking him for; promotion next season will be a huge ask, with no guarantees for the following season either.

Standards are so low in Scottish football generally right now that the games aren't worth watching most of the time. I don't think that this is just accidental - it's because people like Petrie and similar business suits and bean-counters are running the game.

Not only is Petrie slowly squeezing the life out of Hibs, he's sitting at a desk at Vice President level in the SFA.

Who will rid us of this incompetent buffoon? :grr:

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:49 AM
But they players talking out barely kicked a ball for us this season!

What do you mean ? That they were amazing in training and out performing everyone and showing 100% desire and commitment and hunger to get on pitch . They were world beaters and TB just decided na wont bother with them . I seriously doubt it .

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:53 AM
What do you mean ? That they were amazing in training and out performing everyone and showing 100% desire and commitment and hunger to get on pitch . They were world beaters and TB just decided na wont bother with them . I seriously doubt it .

Meh .... forget what I said . The player managment and everything were totally ***** all season . I just want to move on and hope we get a good squad in this season and beat the to cheating hun teams to the title . Ggtth

Billychaotic182
28-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I think everyone is to blame no one should get a free pass. We have been rotten in every seance of te word. The ONLY player who gets pass marks is Sam Stanton

#2 Double Tap
28-05-2014, 10:56 AM

KT was by far the best midfielder at the club - he should have played even when he had one leg.
not really trying anything different when what we were doing and how we set up clearly wasnt working.
TB never used the squad properly - he did not know how to set them up to win.
He failed - on a grand scale.

--------
28-05-2014, 11:01 AM
I think everyone is to blame no one should get a free pass. We have been rotten in every seance of te word. The ONLY player who gets pass marks is Sam Stanton

You got sources of info the rest of us don't know about? Been in touch with the Canon Hannan and Founding Fathers? :wink:

jodjam
28-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Wonder what Matt Doherty thinks ?

staunchhibby
28-05-2014, 11:09 AM
The question now is how long will the likes of Sam and the others left be at hibs.If they have been told if they want to play at a higher level then it's possible they may move on.Possible for better wages if there salaries have been cut.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 11:13 AM

**** him.

jeffers
28-05-2014, 11:19 AM

He couldn't give a ****** and is wondering what to do with himself today.

dave62
28-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Matt Doherty thinks. That will be a new experience for him then.

Pray4Marc
28-05-2014, 01:45 PM

I sort of agree with this. James Mcpake is a player I liked, he got us out of a mess before and always gave his all for the club. If it is true he was fully fit for 10 weeks then that really is a shocking decision from Butcher not too play him, Nelson and Mcgivern have been liabilities since Christmas.

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 01:49 PM
I sort of agree with this. James Mcpake is a player I liked, he got us out of a mess before and always gave his all for the club. If it is true he was fully fit for 10 weeks then that really is a shocking decision from Butcher not too play him, Nelson and Mcgivern have been liabilities since Christmas.

Why shocking ? Personally I thought James performed rather poorly after he signed permanently and was rash with his challenges and decision making. I don't think he would have made the slightest bit of difference.

We missed Paul Hanlon in the run in, not McPake.

Nomeancity
28-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Annoys me current players (mcpake) giving their opinion when they have been told to leave. Why not speak out when you are there? If you feel so strongly about it then man up. Oh unless you are prepared to keep quiet and hope things work out and you get a new contract. If you are not prepared to speak up then you can't think its that bad. Sort of understand that you don't want to cause public dissension but at least say that in your statement when you leave.

Pray4Marc
28-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Why shocking ? Personally I thought James performed rather poorly after he signed permanently and was rash with his challenges and decision making. I don't think he would have made the slightest bit of difference.

We missed Paul Hanlon in the run in, not McPake.

A fully fit Mcpake is a better option than Nelson or Mcgivern at CB. Hanlon was injured and we did miss him. But that's not part of what I said.

Mcpake always gave his all and never hid in games.

Paloschi
28-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Just had a wee read at twitter.

Who the hell do Dave Mckay and Kyle Hutton think they are?

David Mackay‏@CuptieDMackay (https://twitter.com/CuptieDMackay)

Happy for my hometown club well deserved. Hibs stuck by their hoofball philosophy and paid the price. Could be down for a few years now!

A guy who has won 1 trophy and thinks he's it! He's pish!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/459990467699306497/vt47y9IY_bigger.jpegKyle HuttonVerified account‏@Hutts_1 (https://twitter.com/Hutts_1)

Not getting a lot of stick off hibs fans today?? #wonderwhy (https://twitter.com/hashtag/wonderwhy?src=hash)

Also Hutton couldn't get a game for Rangers in Div 3. Hope someone snaps him next season!

What is with all the hatred of Hibs and absolute clamour for all things Hearts these days?

The_Horde
28-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Just had a wee read at twitter.

Who the hell do Dave Mckay and Kyle Hutton think they are?

David Mackay‏@CuptieDMackay (https://twitter.com/CuptieDMackay)

Happy for my hometown club well deserved. Hibs stuck by their hoofball philosophy and paid the price. Could be down for a few years now!

A guy who has won 1 trophy and thinks he's it! He's pish!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/459990467699306497/vt47y9IY_bigger.jpegKyle HuttonVerified account‏@Hutts_1 (https://twitter.com/Hutts_1)

Not getting a lot of stick off hibs fans today?? #wonderwhy (https://twitter.com/hashtag/wonderwhy?src=hash)

Also Hutton couldn't get a game for Rangers in Div 3. Hope someone snaps him next season!

What is with all the hatred of Hibs and absolute clamour for all things Hearts these days?

Mckay's still hurting from the 7-0 defeat we dished him when he played for livi.

Kyle who?

I hope whoever takes us forward uses these things to help create a Siege mentality

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 02:21 PM
A fully fit Mcpake is a better option than Nelson or Mcgivern at CB. Hanlon was injured and we did miss him. But that's not part of what I said.

Mcpake always gave his all and never hid in games.

His body language was awful from the start of this season - take a look at the games again if you can stomach them. He looked uncomfortable, he looked unhappy and he was not playing with the verve he had when he first came.

I don't think he offered anything this season, indeed, I commented on how quiet he was throughout his injury when he, as a 'fans captain', chose not to really spur the team on at games or do media work to energise the place. Sure his fitness and injury take precedent, but if he was fit for 10 weeks where was he when we all needed that reassurance ?

His loan spell and his first season were really good - he disappointed me this season and Monday's comments, veiled as they were, were ill timed and disrespectful to the supporters. Every single player who 'played' their part should have been issuing apologies and left it at that - the time for reprisals and accusations are throughout the summer if they wanted.

He just rubbed salt into an open wound.

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 02:49 PM
;4036110']Mckay's still hurting from the 7-0 defeat we dished him when he played for livi.

Kyle who?

I hope whoever takes us forward uses these things to help create a Siege mentality

Far too many players, ours included, using Twitter and social media like children - and reacting like children.

I'd love to see players use it like Robbo and Maybury - just simple messages of thanks, great/poor result, sorry........not get into the spats with fans. Some of the posts and tweets to players are disgusting and have me questioning 'support', but still, they should not react.

I'd start fining them for bringing the club into disrepute, simple as that. Just use it properly and professionally - or they just come across as big a tw8t as the person tweeting them.

emerald green
28-05-2014, 06:26 PM

I know what I think of that w*****.