PDA

View Full Version : 14000 season tickets will sell by...

Springbank
28-05-2014, 08:10 AM
...signing Leigh Griffiths.

Celtic could do without his baggage

We could use his goals and talismanic presence

He'd bankrupt hearts and rangers as they'd both be forced to spend...you telling me Peter lawwell wouldn't recognise that, and the benefit to Celtic by selling Leigh to Hibs? Hed do a deal.

Leigh would win us the league

The st sales and merchandise would pay it off

Its a no brainer

easty
28-05-2014, 08:12 AM
No brainer indeed.

Green&White
28-05-2014, 08:14 AM
loan deal is best we could hope for.

cant see it happening im afraid.

Leithenhibby
28-05-2014, 08:16 AM
It is funny time re: signings, and as much as I buy into your theory I don't see it happening in a million years.

He's Gone.............

easty
28-05-2014, 08:18 AM
We wouldn't sell 14k season tickets if we brought back Griffiths. We could sign Brown, Whitaker and Miller as well and we still wouldn't get 14k sold.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Did we have 14,000 season tickets two years ago when Leigh was here?
No?
Ok then.

J-C
28-05-2014, 08:22 AM
And you think Leigh wants to drop down a division and risk his Scotland career.

Ringothedog
28-05-2014, 08:22 AM
No?
Ok then.

no but we had nearly 12k when Mowbray was manager

hibsbollah
28-05-2014, 08:25 AM
14k is a bit farfetched, but the rest of your post is logical. We need to do something imaginative to attract folk go keep attending in the second division (i refuse to call it 'the championship' or whatever it pretends to be called) or we'll slowly go under.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 08:28 AM
14k is a bit farfetched, but the rest of your post is logical. We need to do something imaginative to attract folk go keep attending in the second division (i refuse to call it 'the championship' or whatever it pretends to be called) or we'll slowly go under.We could have come up with similar imaginative ideas at any point in the past seven years. But...

AndyM_1875
28-05-2014, 08:28 AM

He'd bankrupt hearts and rangers as they'd both be forced to spend...you telling me Peter lawwell wouldn't recognise that, and the benefit to Celtic by selling Leigh to Hibs?

Peter Lawell wants Rangers promoted ASAP chief.
He wants brand Old Firm up and running again as quick as possible.

munchar
28-05-2014, 08:29 AM

He'd bankrupt hearts and rangers as they'd both be forced to spend...you telling me Peter lawwell wouldn't recognise that, and the benefit to Celtic by selling Leigh to Hibs? Hed do a deal.

Its a no brainer

We can all dream!

if Leigh became available, we would be last in the queue I'm afraid.
maybe see him in a few years though.

easty
28-05-2014, 08:31 AM
We could have come up with similar imaginative ideas at any point in the past seven years. But...

Except we did something very similar to signing Griffiths. We signed Leigh Griffths.

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 08:34 AM

Its a no brainer

Is this last night's drink talking or have you made a very early start today?

:greengrin

The_Todd
28-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Are you suggesting Hibernian, a Championship club, approach Celtic about signing one of their strikers?

Even if we agreed a mutually beneficial package with Celtic:

"Hi Leigh, I know you're looking forward to the CL and winning trophies but how's about a crack at Queen of the South and Livingston?"

And to think we laughed at Hearts transfer targets for the Championship.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Time to let this stuff go.

Steve20
28-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Griffiths isn't coming back to play in the second tier, which is where we will be for a number of years.

We wouldn't get 14,000 anyway.

Greencore
28-05-2014, 08:53 AM
He said he has done the hibs scene. Move on, yes we will always love him but he is gone. If we had better coaches in place we would have kept him at youth level.... It's our own fault.

SanFranHibs
28-05-2014, 08:59 AM
no but we had nearly 12k when Mowbray was manager

but I thought we were up to 13.5k when Mowbray was here.

but as I have said on this site, as others have, our club has had no 'imagination' for a few years.

Dull managerial and player signings, no community spirit, no holding on to any half decent player if we can get a few bob for him or if we decide we can't break our wage structure to keep someone, a lucky Rod Petrie who just happened to be the incumbent when we assembled a good team which he could sell off, an owner who claims to have no interest in football but wishes he had a 100 Petries.

Mmmm, methinks we could be in trouble next year.

but I am more than willing to be pleasantly surprised.

brian6-2
28-05-2014, 09:01 AM
doubt celtic will want to let him go as he could be worth 20-30 goals for them.

Tony Watt is one who i would take in a heartbeat though.

Baader
28-05-2014, 09:29 AM
The top flight is Mickey Mouse enough. Doubt he'll be in a hurry to play in the league below it!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 09:31 AM
doubt celtic will want to let him go as he could be worth 20-30 goals for them.

Tony Watt is one who i would take in a heartbeat though.

I'd take him too, would score goals for sure.

Hermit Crab
28-05-2014, 09:42 AM
New Celtic manager might not fancy him.

shezer
28-05-2014, 09:50 AM
There is something very wrong with saying we would sell 14,000 STs by buying Leigh Griffiths. This club has bigger problems now. One player isn't going to fix things or sell 14000 Sts

CRAZYHIBBY
28-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Better with deek and gaz

brian6-2
28-05-2014, 09:56 AM
I'd take him too, would score goals for sure.

Been out at Lierse in Belgium for the last season, 8 goals in 17 games for them.

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 09:57 AM
LG, or someone like him is exactly what the club needs right now. This is not the time to retreat into our shell.

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Peter Lawell wants Rangers promoted ASAP chief.
He wants brand Old Firm up and running again as quick as possible.

At the moment, he has a clear pop at the CL every season. Does he really want his blue cousins back to challenge that?

#2 Double Tap
28-05-2014, 10:04 AM
We wouldn't sell 14k season tickets if we brought back Griffiths. We could sign Brown, Whitaker and Miller as well and we still wouldn't get 14k sold.

you sign them you wouldnt get a ticket for easter road :P

AllyF
28-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Griffiths has a career to think about. Why on earth would he want to play in the Championship?

Onion
28-05-2014, 10:20 AM
No?
Ok then.

Seriously, some people have no grasp on the reality if our situation. This is a club in crisis. Even with some outstanding signings, you can expect crowds of 5000 at ER next season if the Huns and Yams start to run away with the league. You would think the slap in the puss by Hamilton would be enough but no, sign one guy and all our troubles will be over. The Huns have experience of winning, working their way through the lower leagues and will spend other peoples money to win the league. The Yams are a proper team on a mission who will scratch, bite and steal their way up. Hibs are a mess who have lost their way, cannot defend, cannot score and devoid of any ambition.

If these people haven't got the message yet, just wait until we played the first 4 or 5 matches. Reality will hit them like a hammer to the face.

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 10:23 AM
It's a terrific daydream but it's never going to happen. He isn't going to leave the champions for a relegated club and take a massive pay cut into the bargain.

I agree we need something to excite the fans and the club, but let's be realistic.

brian6-2
28-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Seriously, some people have no grasp on the reality if our situation. This is a club in crisis. Even with some outstanding signings, you can expect crowds of 5000 at ER next season if the Huns and Yams start to run away with the league. You would think the slap in the puss by Hamilton would be enough but no, sign one guy and all our troubles will be over. The Huns have experience of winning, working their way through the lower leagues and will spend other peoples money to win the league. The Yams are a proper team on a mission who will scratch, bite and steal their way up. Hibs are a mess who have lost their way, cannot defend, cannot score and devoid of any ambition.

If these people haven't got the message yet, just wait until we played the first 4 or 5 matches. Reality will hit them like a hammer to the face.

But on the other hand, if we make a few good signings and start to run away with the league ourselves crowds will go up, like they did the last time we went down.

southsider
28-05-2014, 10:44 AM
14k is a bit farfetched, but the rest of your post is logical. We need to do something imaginative to attract folk go keep attending in the second division (i refuse to call it 'the championship' or whatever it pretends to be called) or we'll slowly go under.
As i have said on other posts there is a one million interest free loan available. Use this to sign LG and pay it back in say 3 years. This is a good thing.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Better with deek and gaz

Nothing but nothing so far has pushed me to turn my back on Hibs ......................... That would do it.

Billychaotic182
28-05-2014, 10:47 AM
It worries me that even now we still think we will sign Griffiths. Time to move on!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Been out at Lierse in Belgium for the last season, 8 goals in 17 games for them.

Far better league with better teams than the Championship.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 10:55 AM
The Ramsdens Cup

Or

The Champions League?

I know what one I would pick.

Folk need to get over Leigh, he wont be back at us for another good few years.

--------
28-05-2014, 11:04 AM
The Ramsdens Cup

Or

The Champions League?

I know what one I would pick.

Folk need to get over Leigh, he wont be back at us for another good few years.

Free fish suppers in the Ramsden Cup. Sign up O'Connor and Lavety instead.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Free fish suppers in the Ramsden Cup. Sign up O'Connor and Lavety instead.

Haha :greengrin

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Its a no brainer

I can't decide if you're a wind-up merchant, are drunk or an undercover Yam posting on here pretending to be a Hibby so you can run back to Keechback and say 'look what they stupid Hibbies are saying today'.

Or maybe I'm being overly cynical and you're just not very bright.

cocopops1875
28-05-2014, 11:36 AM
As i have said on other posts there is a one million interest free loan available. Use this to sign LG and pay it back in say 3 years. This is a good thing.

??? From who? And why would Celtic take a loss on LG? And why would LG come at this stage in his footballing life? And where would his wages come from?

Jim44
28-05-2014, 12:19 PM

Its a no brainer

Can I add a second chapter to this crazy fairy tale in the ridiculous scenario where it came true. The The Rangers and Jambos would combine to send in the evil stepmother and the wicked witch of the west to take out the handsome prince, by means of a career threatening injury. Change your user name to Hans Christian Anderson . :-)

cocopops1875
28-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Can I add a second chapter to this crazy fairy tale in the ridiculous scenario where it came true. The The Rangers and Jambos would combine to send in the evil stepmother and the wicked witch of the west to take out the handsome prince, by means of a career threatening injury. Change your user name to Hans Christian Anderson . :-)
Was the fantasy bit the use of "Handsome" ? (Green grin if I wasn't on my phone )

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 01:26 PM

Where from?

brian6-2
28-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Where from?

Ramsdens............

Nutmegged
28-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Some people just need to wake up, Leigh isn't coming back anytime soon, he's been a pretty good signing for Celtic, his goals/assists ratio to games has been brilliant too, he has also brought the best out in Stokes.

We need to be more realistic, stop pining for things that aren't going to happen, its a recipe for disappointment

Onion
28-05-2014, 02:35 PM
But on the other hand, if we make a few good signings and start to run away with the league ourselves crowds will go up, like they did the last time we went down.

Ahhh, I sense you are perfect material for the Petrie Youth Movement. Good luck with that one.

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 02:48 PM
I can't decide if you're a wind-up merchant, are drunk or an undercover Yam posting on here pretending to be a Hibby so you can run back to Keechback and say 'look what they stupid Hibbies are saying today'.

Or maybe I'm being overly cynical and you're just not very bright.

SB can defend himself, but as someone who knows him well, I need to say: all of the above is wrong. SB is a Hibby from a family of hibees with strong connections to the club going back 4 generations, one of whom, still with us, has held a ST for 80 years.

Best keeping our anger for those that have got us into this situation rather than those who are suggesting ways to get us out of it (imho).

brian6-2
28-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Ahhh, I sense you are perfect material for the Petrie Youth Movement. Good luck with that one.

Not in the slightest, going by experience. Last time we went down we signed Sauzee and Latapy etc etc and our average attendance was higher than the season before. Your the one shouting we will have 5k at games. All im stating is the fact that that DIDNT happen the last time we went down. i never mentioned rod petrie, are you high?