PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me i'm being paraniod .

confused
28-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Please tell me I'm being paranoid .
I'm 64 years old , I've watched and loved Hibs all my life , I never slept a wink last night thinking about this mess we are in, .
I cant understand why any team who were honestly wanting to succeed would do the things we do?
3 month ago the manager tells us that Alex Harris has lost his confidence and that he will not play him again this season only to bring him back a few of weeks later ??
Our midfield has ben crying for a playmaker/winner but we don't play the best we have K.T.??
Our central defence ?? but when the best central defender we have is fit we don't play him ??.

Last wed night young Harris didn't have good game and was dropped for Sunday , AFTER 7 MINS he was good enough to bring back into the team ??
On Sunday near the end of a game we are still in the premier league , we try to DEFEND our position , something we haven't been able to do
all season , by bringing a midfield player who cant get a regular start on for a forward, an inviting them into our third , instead of trying to keep the ball in their third ??
Add to all that our mid season signings 3 laddies who although might have future , don't have experience for fight?
Please tell me I've lost the plot , and that after all these year's I still know nothing about this game,

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm 64 years old , I've watched and loved Hibs all my life , I never slept a wink last night thinking about this mess we are in, .
I cant understand why any team who were honestly wanting to succeed would do the things we do?
3 month ago the manager tells us that Alex Harris has lost his confidence and that he will not play him again this season only to bring him back a few of weeks later ??
Our midfield has ben crying for a playmaker/winner but we don't play the best we have K.T.??
Our central defence ?? but when the best central defender we have is fit we don't play him ??.

Last wed night young Harris didn't have good game and was dropped for Sunday , AFTER 7 MINS he was good enough to bring back into the team ??
On Sunday near the end of a game we are still in the premier league , we try to DEFEND our position , something we haven't been able to do
all season , by bringing a midfield player who cant get a regular start on for a forward, an inviting them into our third , instead of trying to keep the ball in their third ??
Add to all that our mid season signings 3 laddies who although might have future , don't have experience for fight?
Please tell me I've lost the plot , and that after all these year's I still know nothing about this game,Are you Terry Butcher? Your grasp of the game seems identical to his. :wink:

greenlex
28-05-2014, 07:03 AM

Please tell me I've lost the plot , and that after all these year's I still know nothing about this game,
Our goals against column suggests we could defend. Better than all the other teams that were bottom six. Better than Motherwell. One worse than Dundee Utd. Mid season looked like we would be fine and a fight wasn't going to be really needed. Baffled by Sundays starting line up and the Harris on /off cameo. We should have gone 4-5-1 on Sunday with midfielders in midfield and not two strikers in there. We were passed off the park on Wednesday and we learned nothing and we were passed of it again on Sunday and we all know what happened. No fight or leadership on the park. *****bags.

Irish Dave
28-05-2014, 07:07 AM
No, don't think you are paranoid. I'm sure most fans have had the same sleepless night. When you look at The chain of events that led us to relegation it goes beyond any normal incompetence . Something, somewhere, stinks.

snooky
28-05-2014, 07:31 AM
If your midfield doesn' t cross the halfway line you won' t score goals therefore by default you won' t win.

The Harp Awakes
28-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Butcher has made so many mistakes in the last 5 months I have lost count, but his selection/treatment of Alex Harris has been one of his biggest muck ups. Alex is a talented lad and I hope he lives up to his potential but he's been as good as a man short since he came back from injury. His confidence has completely gone. To play him ahead of Cairney in the 2 play off games was just madness and was a major factor in us losing.

jeffers
28-05-2014, 07:55 AM

A fair summation of events, what's worrying is that you could see that, I could see that as could countless other fans yet the clown in charge couldn't. Yet we are supposed to trust him not to make these same mistakes once he gets his own players in.

hibsbollah
28-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I was speaking to a fellow fan a little while ago who I havent seen since the game. He is convinced that something wasn't right about that game, that it was beyond the incompetence of even Hibs to get it so badly wrong.

Im not saying I agree with him, but when you see one conspiracy you see them everywhere.

AlbertK86
28-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Please tell me I'm being paranoid . I'm 64 years old , I've watched and loved Hibs all my life , I never slept a wink last night thinking about this mess we are in, . I cant understand why any team who were honestly wanting to succeed would do the things we do? 3 month ago the manager tells us that Alex Harris has lost his confidence and that he will not play him again this season only to bring him back a few of weeks later ?? Our midfield has ben crying for a playmaker/winner but we don't play the best we have K.T.?? Our central defence ?? but when the best central defender we have is fit we don't play him ??. Last wed night young Harris didn't have good game and was dropped for Sunday , AFTER 7 MINS he was good enough to bring back into the team ?? On Sunday near the end of a game we are still in the premier league , we try to DEFEND our position , something we haven't been able to do all season , by bringing a midfield player who cant get a regular start on for a forward, an inviting them into our third , instead of trying to keep the ball in their third ?? Add to all that our mid season signings 3 laddies who although might have future , don't have experience for fight? Please tell me I've lost the plot , and that after all these year's I still know nothing about this game,

You need to change your user name to

Seeing it clearly

Or

TB's confused !!

Summed up perfectly mate

You missed the bit about the tactics book having a whole chapter about booting the ball aimlessly up the park to tiny wee forward

hibsbollah
28-05-2014, 08:21 AM
I was speaking to a fellow fan a little while ago who I havent seen since the game. He is convinced that something wasn't right about that game, that it was beyond the incompetence of even Hibs to get it so badly wrong.

Im not saying I agree with him, but when you see one conspiracy you see them everywhere.

gegs70
28-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Our goals against column suggests we could defend. Better than all the other teams that were bottom six. Better than Motherwell. One worse than Dundee Utd. Mid season looked like we would be fine and a fight wasn't going to be really needed. Baffled by Sundays starting line up and the Harris on /off cameo. We should have gone 4-5-1 on Sunday with midfielders in midfield and not two strikers in there. We were passed off the park on Wednesday and we learned nothing and we were passed of it again on Sunday and we all know what happened. No fight or leadership on the park. *****bags.

On observation I'm not even certain that our players looked fit. in both games Hamilton looked the fitter team, faster and more pleasing on the eye.

WestEndHibee
28-05-2014, 08:33 AM

Honestly I've had the thought that Hibs actually wanted to go down just so we can get the games against rangers and hearts. I don't really believe it but it would be the only rational explanation for allll of the season's happenings. Unfortunately humans aren't rational beings so there could be any number of irrational explanations.

munchar
28-05-2014, 09:06 AM

:top marks
Ive been having exact same thoughts/sleepless nights.
Never been so frustrated about being a Hibby in my life.
Harris was worst player on the park last Wednesday, so rightly dropped. But after a few minutes he is deemed good enough again? Kevin Thomson came on when we were already well beat. Should have started the game and tried to control the tempo of the game. People have their opinions, but he's the ONLY midfielder who shows composure, doesn't Hoof, and looks for a forward pass.(to feet, not high in the sky). If he isn't good enough enough for a new contract, we must have some exciting signings to look forward to. McPake at 80% fit is our best centre half. Would it have been a gamble to play him? Well, after watching fatal mistakes weekly, and the ball given away with every hoofed clearance for months, I wouldn't say so.
My stomach was in knots before Sundays game, because you just knew we would go with one up front. Then to take a striker off and try and see the game out was asking for trouble, and we got what we deserved. Could anybody see us getting a goal in extra time? Surely we should have pushed Craig up front to help the 18 year old that was expected to win the game on his own? Cummings starting left midfield! A wee boy who hasn't even learnt to play up front yet.
People saying Butcher doesn't send the team out to Hoof, but it happens EVERY game, so there must be something in it.
To be fair to Nelson, he is the only player showing for the ball, because the midfield isn't good enough/lacks confidence to move the ball forward, and so lay it back for him to Hooooooooooof!
We never try and get the wide men in behind the full backs. Why?
The last 5 games, it was so easy for the opposition to set up against us. The ball would go wide, squarely, and they would double up on us. What happens? Ball back for the usual Hooooof.
I have to stop now, getting to worked up. Trying to think positively. Petrie will have to spend big now, but been thinking that for years at the end of another miserable season.
Maybe with relegation he has no choice now.
But as the saying goes, no point in shutting the gate after the horse has bolted!!!!

:confused: :grr: :boo hoo::fuming: :shocked: :brickwall :timebomb: :sick:

The Gorf
28-05-2014, 09:46 AM

I said to the guy next to me on Sunday it almost looks like classic match fixing.

Alfred E Newman
28-05-2014, 10:41 AM

I am a year older than you and I too had a sleepless night after Sundays debacle and I agree with everything you say. Like you, I have seen good times and plenty bad but nothing to compare with Sunday. Whatever that was in green and white it was not the team that I have followed all my life. I actually left before the penalties as my stomach could take no more. Not through failure to win but through anger and disgust at the way the club has been allowed to slide into this mess. This has to be the nadir in my Lifetime as a Hibby.

Mathias Jack
28-05-2014, 11:06 AM

You haven't lost the plot mate, everything you say is correct :top marks

Pretty much nailed it on the head there...

WestStandMoaner
28-05-2014, 03:18 PM
You haven't lost the plot mate, everything you say is correct :top marks

Pretty much nailed it on the head there...

And yet Butcher remains in his job, in fact if rumours are correct he is away on holiday while hibs fans suffer ( Butcher out Petrie out )

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd have to admit to being confused about what the OP is actually suggesting.

Do you mean the club, including the management, purposely relegated Hibs?

Are you saying the players threw the game for the benefit of a betting syndicate?

:confused:

Islington Hibs
28-05-2014, 05:32 PM
The club and managers tactics were bizarre that day and have been for ages. I don't think it is a conspiracy, why would it be, but rank incompetence. I generally think changing management regularly is not a good idea. in this case I think Butcher et al must go. They have made so many basic errors from apparently telling half the team they would be fired, a few months ago, thus destroying motivation, to the most basic tactical errors.

I am not football tactician- I simply enjoy the game but it is clear that foofing the ball up to small forwards has no prospect of success. The team has had no consistency, a decent defence has started to leak goals, our good goalkeeper has fallen out with the coach and been fired, taking The Heff off on Sunday was plain stupid. I could go on. OP spot on - perhaps you should apply for the managers job. You could do no worse.

confused
28-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks guy's I might get 40 winks tonight .

Swedish hibee
28-05-2014, 06:59 PM
A footballer is a different breed to a fan, and a footballer with no confidence, no belief and being told to play in a way he doesn't want to or believe in, is a very dangerous thing....

and we had 11 of them every week.

The away game- watch the players reaction when we scored. They never wanted relagation.
Then watch the home game- McGivern has the ball and Butcher on the sidelines telling the players to get the ball up the pitch.

It'll all come out, in the end- everything does :agree:

aob4green
28-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Yes, that's it. We've all been duped. Sir Rod (as not so many seem to be referring to him now) £1 million on Hamilton at 14/1 at various online bookmakers before the game on Sunday. The major announcement scheduled for Friday is that he had managed to secure a £14 million transfer kitty for next season.

That feels better. Thought I had totally lost my sense of humour after Sunday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

zero-seven
28-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Butcher has made so many mistakes in the last 5 months I have lost count, but his selection/treatment of Alex Harris has been one of his biggest muck ups. Alex is a talented lad and I hope he lives up to his potential but he's been as good as a man short since he came back from injury. His confidence has completely gone. To play him ahead of Cairney in the 2 play off games was just madness and was a major factor in us losing.

we should have played Rolf Harris instead..never seen a boy devoid of confidence like him..shame as he is a good wee player..Butcher made bad calls in both games...experienced pros should have been the call in both games