PDA

View Full Version : Scott browns thoughts

ivan03
28-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Pretty spot on in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/scotprem/status/471428165454143488

matty_f
28-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Good that he's sticking up for his pal, but KT's stats this season don't back his argument up as far as I can see.

yeezus.
28-05-2014, 12:51 AM
"Not playing Kevin is the biggest mistake Hibs made". I disagree with him here, I think the biggest mistakes we made were appointing Butcher and not giving Zoubir more of a chance.

john18722
28-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Zoubir? Seriously?

Big_Franck
28-05-2014, 06:13 AM
In my opinion Thomson was average to poor in the majority of the games that I seen for us this season (over 20).

He of course wasn't alone in that but he definitely wasn't the savior that a lot of people made him out to be.

bingo70
28-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Zoubir played well in his last game against Celtic then wasn't seen again.

I'm not saying He was a world beater but he at least tried to create things and at a time we were needing to create chances I think it is another one of butchers bizarre decisions.

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 06:46 AM
In my opinion Thomson was average to poor in the majority of the games that I seen for us this season (over 20).

He of course wasn't alone in that but he definitely wasn't the savior that a lot of people made him out to be.

:agree:

Not alone and not the worst but didn't to anything to support comments being made publicly.

Gatecrasher
28-05-2014, 07:16 AM

no where near good enough :agree:

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 07:25 AM

Would you like to see him at Celtic Scott? .......No, didn't think so.

Jonny1875
28-05-2014, 07:27 AM

I'm not saying He was a world beater but he at least tried to create things and at a time we were needing to create chances I think it is another one of butchers bizarre decisions.

Agree, was at the game and was very creative, even his crosses weren't bad. We had a real chance that day till the 60th minute.

Leithenhibby
28-05-2014, 07:54 AM

Why TB kept playing Alex Harris, who has not come back with ANY, form what so ever, is beyond me. Zubby deserved a run in a very poor team... imo :wink:

ruthven_raiders
28-05-2014, 07:57 AM

Why TB kept playing Alex Harris, who has not come back with ANY, form what so ever, is beyond me. Zubby deserved a run in a very poor team... imo :wink:

And he was playing well in the u20s and scoring goals, surely he was worth a chance!

Leithenhibby
28-05-2014, 08:05 AM
And he was playing well in the u20s and scoring goals, surely he was worth a chance!

He was, most definitely. Watched him a couple of times in the U20's and was impressed by the fact that most times he had 2/3 defenders on him. Teams knew he could hurt them.

I have always stood strong to defend our managers of late, (PF) but no more.

I want TB and MM gone asap. The very fact that he brings on OTJ for Heff and still plays the long ball :rolleyes: Words fail me.

jeffers
28-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Can't agree with Scott Brown that we would definitely have stayed up had we played KT more, but I believe he would have made a positive difference and did so in the last few games he played in (he wasn't great on Sunday tho I'd agree.) As for claiming he was the saviour I don't see anyone claiming that, but myself and others happen to think he was the best midfielder we had at the club and tbh I can't see how anyone can disagree with that. You play your best players, but TB preferred LC in his position and look how well that went.

IWasThere2016
28-05-2014, 08:11 AM

I agree. I always thought KT was the best all round footballer of the crop of our Golden Generation.

TornadoHibby
28-05-2014, 08:29 AM

Good midfielders like Thomson find it hard to show their skills when their own defence hoof the ball over their heads up to minute strikers meaning that the giant (usually) opposition defenders win the "heading battle" :wink: and the ball goes over their heads again and back to our defensive third where the entire process starts off again, and again and again................! :rolleyes:

Could someone please explain to thickos like me how midfield players can thrive, perform well and create chances/keep possession without good supply of the ball and when they can't use their feet as the ball is always at chest or above height! :dunno: :hmmm:

AlbertK86
28-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Totally agree with Scott and think KT will go on to make us a laughing stock next season

The guy clearly cares about the club and was clearly the best footballer by a mile on our books

Yep if there are issues between him and the management that can be troublesome.

Seem to remember Griffiths being troublesome but by the manager dealing with it appropriately they built their bridges and he almost single handed lay kept the manager in a job

If as has been suggested that KT wasn't impressed by Butcher and Malpas style of play ..... Maybe he had a point

High percentage on here seem to think the tactics are guff

If KT tried to address that as a senior pro ... Good on him...... Shouldn't mean the management take the cream puff and keep our best player on the sidelines

Proved to be suicidal management in my opinion and has contributed massively to us being relegated.

Prior to injury against Partick he had been head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch and despite being a goal down we were controlling the game through him. Same in Hearts game

Hope he stays in premiership for his and our sake

Would hate to see him rub TB and MM's noses in it by playing us off the park in a blue or maroon shirt next season

jeffers
28-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Totally agree with Scott and think KT will go on to make us a laughing stock next season

The guy clearly cares about the club and was clearly the best footballer by a mile on our books

Yep if there are issues between him and the management that can be troublesome.

Seem to remember Griffiths being troublesome but by the manager dealing with it appropriately they built their bridges and he almost single handed lay kept the manager in a job

If as has been suggested that KT wasn't impressed by Butcher and Malpas style of play ..... Maybe he had a point

High percentage on here seem to think the tactics are guff

If KT tried to address that as a senior pro ... Good on him...... Shouldn't mean the management take the cream puff and keep our best player on the sidelines

Proved to be suicidal management in my opinion and has contributed massively to us being relegated.

Prior to injury against Partick he had been head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch and despite being a goal down we were controlling the game through him. Same in Hearts game

Hope he stays in premiership for his and our sake

Would hate to see him rub TB and MM's noses in it by playing us off the park in a blue or maroon shirt next season
:top marks

Hibdan12
28-05-2014, 08:55 AM

totally agree with this

highland hibbee
28-05-2014, 11:30 AM
I agree. I always thought KT was the best all round footballer of the crop of our Golden Generation.
Totally agree, I always thought KT was underrated in comparison to Broonie, Deeks and GOC and feel he is the player we missed the most when they all departed. Unfortunately the lads suffered an injury nightmare since he left and his career hasn't reached the heights it probably should have, however in my humble opinion he was still the best midfielder at the club. Very disappointed that an agreement between himself and TB couldn't have been reached, I hope he doesn't sign for the Yams as he will most certainly do a very good job for them, especially in the 6-4-0 system that they will be employing under their new management.;-) Gareth Bale, Ronaldo, Messi or Maradona, every one would have struggled playing alongside some of the current (mostly released thank god) crop, so good luck to Kevin.

Sumner
28-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Thomson should have been a priority, instead the papers are saying Butcher is after a Tranmere reserve keeper, who got only 3 starts in a team relegated to League 2.. jeeeesus.

Steve-O
28-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Thomson is a big headed prick who is nowhere even close to how good he, and his boyfriend 'Broony', thinks he is.

This guy who scores a goal every decade or so could've saved us from relegation? PISH.