PDA

View Full Version : Shareholders

hibswillie
27-05-2014, 08:11 PM
What can shareholders do to get this clown out of Hibs?

Can an EGM be called and a vote of no confidence go ahead, or does it not work like that?

Bostonhibby
27-05-2014, 08:17 PM
What can shareholders do to get this clown out of Hibs?

Can an EGM be called and a vote of no confidence go ahead, or does it not work like that?

Not a lot as the vast majority of the shares in the club and holding company are held by STF with RP the second biggest shareholder. Doubt we could even force an EGM or achieve much in terms of voting influence at an AGM.

What we could do is find a way to record all the small shareholders who want to express their own "no confidence" vote - it will have no material affect on the board or any meetings in itself but the one strong card we hold is that the number of actual people with very small holdings might at least cause an embarrassment when its announced that X number of shareholders supported a no confidence vote in the Chairman. It's likely to be a high enough number to get some attention, irrespective of the size of their holdings.

hibswillie
27-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Interesting! I suspect it would be nearly impossible to compile this list though!

bobbyhibs1983
27-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Intresting thread and something i have thought about (i know daft thinking of buying shares in hibs)

If i recall correctly you could buy shares in hibs but maybe had to contact the club and i think go on a list?

again from memory they were 50p a share?

does anyone know how many shares there are in totall?

I would guess at the moment stf would own 75% with rp something like 10% and the other 25% owned by alof of different people.

hibswillie
27-05-2014, 09:24 PM
You are right, 50p a share. I got some as a young'un for birthdays.

Would be interesting to find out how it is structured.

danhibees1875
27-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Intresting thread and something i have thought about (i know daft thinking of buying shares in hibs)

If i recall correctly you could buy shares in hibs but maybe had to contact the club and i think go on a list?

again from memory they were 50p a share?

does anyone know how many shares there are in totall?

I would guess at the moment stf would own 75% with rp something like 10% and the other 25% owned by alof of different people.

That's all correct apart from your arithmetic at the end :wink:

I think stf and rp own a larger % than that also ( well, effectively.
Its all actually done through holding companies).

lucky
27-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm happy to support this

Bostonhibby
27-05-2014, 09:31 PM

Agreed, last time I checked I think less than 5%
Were in private individuals hands.

andy1875
27-05-2014, 09:39 PM
As a shareholder I'd be happy to know more about how this could potentially work and if its something that could make a difference.

My Dad also posts on here and I'm certain he would be in too so make that +2 depending on whether or not it would make an ounce of difference.

Time will tell in coming weeks what changes are going to be made by Hibs voluntarily.

Hopefully no need for any Hibs fans action.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Agreed, last time I checked I think less than 5%
Were in private individuals hands.

Shares held out with the Holding Company total 1.87%.

As an aside my shares were given to me by STF as I held shares in Hibs under Duff and Gray's company which went bust, rendering those shares useless. He didnt have to do that and I know the Rangers didn't and would be surprised if Hearts do, although they have mentioned it

SouthMoroccoStu
28-05-2014, 07:27 AM
I've got shares - only 100 but if we are united, they all count

bobbyhibs1983
28-05-2014, 12:49 PM

ah no worries danhibees it was a meer guess really than anything to be honest.

does anyone know how many shares there are in hibs? i mean if they are only 50p a share we could in theory chip in so to speak(though if its something like 10 million im unsure then!)

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 12:52 PM
ah no worries danhibees it was a meer guess really than anything to be honest.

does anyone know how many shares there are in hibs? i mean if they are only 50p a share we could in theory chip in so to speak(though if its something like 10 million im unsure then!)

60 million shares of 2p each. £12m.

HFC Holdings owns approximately 98% of them. The remainder will be almost entirely owned by fans.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270893-The-Accounts-To-31st-July-2013-See-Them-Here