PDA

View Full Version : Sir Tom Farmer

WHAM
27-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm aware he has delegated the running of the club to RP but you would have at least maybe expected the owner to have released a statement or something. When was the last time he has actually attended anything to do with the club? Was he at the last AGM?

Kato
27-05-2014, 05:15 PM
For me his last statement I remember was the "I'd like to have 100 Rod Petrie's" speech after the utter shambles over Calder****.

Should have been a speech sacking RP but he's got a good excuse in that he knows nothing about football.

Baader
27-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Funny the indifference showing to paying customers at one of the businesses he owns... He needs to put something on record here

Emerald
27-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm aware he has delegated the running of the club to RP but you would have at least maybe expected the owner to have released a statement or something. When was the last time he has actually attended anything to do with the club? Was he at the last AGM?

I keep on saying this but no matter who takes over from rod they will still only be an employee of STF and nothing will change. If STF has been happy how things have been going for the past 7 years or so and thinks Rod is doing ok, what chance do we have. He has no ambition for the football club, just an interest in keeping it safe and ticking over. Until we have an owner who wants us to be at the top of the premiership and winning things nothing will change. Sack Petrie and replace with the next yes man.

RIP
27-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Sir Tom was at last year's AGM. Did not speak

GRANTON_HIBS
27-05-2014, 06:40 PM
I wonder if he even knows that his club is again a national laughing stock and playing in the second division next season.

Spike Mandela
27-05-2014, 06:42 PM
This is not Sir Tom Farmer's fault.

He was a saviour 24 years ago and his involvement since then has been limited, as guarantor for loans and for the appointment of Petrie. Rod is responsible for all aspects that affect the business and the football side.

Up until recently sir Tom will have been happy with Rod's work as were some on here. Now it has all gone pear shaped and changes are afoot.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 06:44 PM

He was a saviour 24 years ago and his involvement since then has been limited, as guarantor for loans and for the appointment of Petrie. Rod is responsible for all aspects that affect the business and the football side.

Up until recently sir Tom will have been happy with Rod's work as were some on here. Now it has all gone pear shaped and changes are afoot.

Hope you're right Spike and that RP will soon be history.

With regard to STF I'm thinking he saved us from Mercer and now he has to save us from Rod

Albion Hibs
27-05-2014, 06:49 PM

:top marks We need to be careful what we wish for. I would far rather have a financial backer that is silent than not have one at all, or the polar which is of course vlad...and we all know how that ended. We have a great setup, it is just not being managed properly at the moment. I could not think of anything worse than staring down the barrel of this fan ownership stuff.

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Hope you're right Spike and that RP will soon be history.

With regard to STF I'm thinking he saved us from Mercer and now he has to save us from RodWell he should have done that years ago, this hasnae happened over night, this has been coming for years, by doing nowt he's every bit as guilty as that ****er petrie

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Well he should have done that years ago, this hasnae happened over night, this has been coming for years, by doing nowt he's every bit as guilty as that ****er petrie

I agree J and he should do it now, no excuses, just do it

Baldy Foghorn
27-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I keep hearing the phrase "be careful what you wish for".....I wish for an owner who cares about the football side of the club, as well as one who manages to invest/balance the books.....Sadly we have an owner who knows nowt about football, and places all his trust in an Accountant, who equally knows nowt about football.....Never mind the Stadium and Training complex are fabulous.....

As Hibs supporter's we don't wish for much, just as well really, as we constantly under achieve on the part where it matters most, the pitch:rolleyes:

RIP Bestie
27-05-2014, 10:08 PM
I keep hearing the phrase "be careful what you wish for".....I wish for an owner who cares about the football side of the club, as well as one who manages to invest/balance the books.....Sadly we have an owner who knows nowt about football, and places all his trust in an Accountant, who equally knows nowt about football.....Never mind the Stadium and Training complex are fabulous.....

As Hibs supporter's we don't wish for much, just as well really, as we constantly under achieve on the part where it matters most, the pitch:rolleyes:
You are hearing that phrase for a reason. The fact is that there is not a queue of people who want to buy the club, whether they are fit and proper persons or not. They simply aren't there. Sir Tom has always made his position very clear and we all found that acceptable at that time. I think that he has stepped in when he has needed to, sacking Alex Miller for one, and I have a feeling that he will step in again here and Rod Petrie will betaken out of his position and more power will be transferred to Dempster.

Love the Green
27-05-2014, 10:14 PM
:top marks We need to be careful what we wish for. I would far rather have a financial backer that is silent than not have one at all, or the polar which is of course vlad...and we all know how that ended. We have a great setup, it is just not being managed properly at the moment. I could not think of anything worse than staring down the barrel of this fan ownership stuff.

Yes wining 2 Scottish cups and creaming us in 1 of the finals as well as helping to relegate us this season along with continually out fighting and out playing us. And where do they find themselves playing in the same league as US..They really have felt pain and embaressment . keep the faith

NOLA
27-05-2014, 10:31 PM
STF saved us all those years ago, but hes been an absent landlord for how long now, we need an owner with a clear vision of what he wants from the club and the direction it should take, something we have lacked IMO am i right in thinking the club is for sale if a favourable bid were to come in? maybe we as a club should be actively looking for a change of ownership? the infrastructure is in place we just lack a team oriented vision to progress again IMO

Jack
27-05-2014, 11:33 PM

As the current owner of our football club the blame for where we have fallen to can only lie with one person and that's STF. He employs Petrie.

If STF had taken the same attitude to his first garage as he has with Hibs he'd have never made it beyond the back street, in his overalls. And the back streets of Scottish football is where we are.

Beefster
28-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Rodders acts as a human shield for Farmer. Given how dysfunctional Hibs is as an organisation Farmer gets away completely scot-free.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Yes winning 2 Scottish cups and creaming us in 1 of the finals as well as helping to relegate us this season along with continually outfighting and outplaying us. And where do they find themselves? Playing in the same league as US. They really have felt pain and embarrassment. keep the faith
:agree:

Unfortunately.

NatureBoy
28-05-2014, 06:57 AM
For me STF is as culpable as anyone for the mess we find ourselves in. For me he either steps up and invests, gets rid of Petrie or he leaves the club with immediate effect.

All those saying "be careful what you wish for or we might end up like Hearts" I just don't get it. They are in the exact same position as us but along the way have won three Scottish cups, split the old firm and dished out countless humiliations to us.

What has our current owner and chairman achieved? As far as I can see absolutely nothing of note bar making the club a laughing stock over and over again! Enough is surely enough!

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 07:01 AM
For me STF is as culpable as anyone for the mess we find ourselves in. For me he either steps up and invests, gets rid of Petrie or he leaves the club with immediate effect.

All those saying "be careful what you wish for or we might end up like Hearts" I just don't get it. They are in the exact same position as us but along the way have won three Scottish cups, split the old firm and dished out countless humiliations to us.

What has our current owner and chairman achieved? As far as I can see absolutely nothing of note bar making the club a laughing stock over and over again! Enough is surely enough!Two relegations in 16/17 years, as many as the club has suffered in it's other hundred plus years. Good job, well run club, what a dream team.

easty
28-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Scottish football isn't an investment, that's the bottom line for me. Who's going to buy the club from STF? Why would anyone? If you're not a Hibs fan with money you're happy to burn, and still want to buy Hibs, then surely we, the supporters, have to question that persons business sense to begin with.

So people who are saying he needs to sell, who to? That's a fair question to ask surely.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2014, 08:25 AM
How do folk feel now about how well this club has been run by the financial genius? Great infrastructure, although i'd say the helipad is on the back burner for a bit now.

Years of watching sheite on the park so we could eventually push on with better facilities was one big con, bull**** from the biggest shyster to enter Easter Road since Mercer tried.

The bullet that was meant for that hearts prick should be dusted down and aimed at that **** Petrie.

And remember Petrie is only STF's mouthpiece.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Scottish football isn't an investment, that's the bottom line for me. Who's going to buy the club from STF? Why would anyone? If you're not a Hibs fan with money you're happy to burn, and still want to buy Hibs, then surely we, the supporters, have to question that persons business sense to begin with.

So people who are saying he needs to sell, who to? That's a fair question to ask surely.

So, instead of perhaps putting the word out that the club is up for sale you are quite happy to have this failed owner and chairmen to carry on?

Baa.....

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-05-2014, 10:11 AM

What has our current owner and chairman achieved? As far as I can see absolutely nothing of note bar making the club a laughing stock over and over again! Enough is surely enough!

Spot on.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 10:12 AM
So, instead of perhaps putting the word out that the club is up for sale you are quite happy to have this failed owner and chairmen to carry on?

Baa.....

The word has been out for years.

Other than, as far as public knowledge is concerned, a wee bite from Brian Kennedy, there has been no serious interest. What does that tell you about what is for sale?

--------
28-05-2014, 10:53 AM

This is not logical, Captain.

On the one hand you say it's not STF's fault.

On the other you acknowledge that he's the one who sicced Petrie onto the club.

He's also gone on record more than once defending him and his appalling record of incompetence.

Which is it - was STF at fault, or wasn't he?

--------
28-05-2014, 10:57 AM
How do folk feel now about how well this club has been run by the financial genius? Great infrastructure, although i'd say the helipad is on the back burner for a bit now.

Years of watching sheite on the park so we could eventually push on with better facilities was one big con, bull**** from the biggest shyster to enter Easter Road since Mercer tried.

The bullet that was meant for that hearts prick should be dusted down and aimed at that **** Petrie.

And remember Petrie is only STF's mouthpiece.

:agree: If Petrie's looking for a stadium sponsor for next season, might I recommend this as an appropriate and fitting possibility?

"The Easter Road White Elephant Arena".

Sounds about right.

http://www.whiteelephantstores.com/

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 10:57 AM

Baa.....

Other than, as far as public knowledge is concerned, a wee bite from Brian Kennedy, there has been no serious interest. What does that tell you about what is for sale?

As far as I know The Rangers are not currently for sale yet Dave King is telling all and sundry that he wants the club, how much he will put in and what he wants to do when he gets it.

As far as I am aware the club has been "available" since the nineties at least but that there are no takers (other than Brian Kennedy (see Stockport County)) speaks volumes.

easty
28-05-2014, 11:30 AM

Baa.....

:greengrin

Baader
28-05-2014, 01:01 PM

People who care about the club perhaps? A consortium? Just because we haven't been sold yet doesn't mean to say we won't.

If we all thought like that this club would have died in 1990 - the irony being we need now to take the club back from the man who saved it then.

easty
28-05-2014, 01:40 PM
People who care about the club perhaps? A consortium? Just because we haven't been sold yet doesn't mean to say we won't.

If we all thought like that this club would have died in 1990 - the irony being we need now to take the club back from the man who saved it then.

The 1990 comparison inst really a valid comparison to now. STF bought the club to stop us going under, not to invest in us. You're looking for someone to come and buy the club and 'invest' in Hibs.

You say 'people who care about the club' and 'a consortium'. It's all good and well saying that, but its as good as saying nothing, because it's not an answer.

I've little doubt that if there was a sensible offer on the table STF would take it. From where I'm sitting there isn't any kind of offer.

I'm not happy about what's happening to Hibs, but we play in a backwater league that doesn't attract much in the way of investment, especially outwith the Old Firm. I'm not going to hold my breath for some takeover that doesn't look like its coming.

Nutmegged
28-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Brian Kennedy?

Really annoys me that he was willing to put his head on the block trying to save Rangers when he is a Hibee

happiehibbie
28-05-2014, 01:52 PM
we do not want Brian Kennady !!!

GreenPJ
28-05-2014, 01:56 PM
If the supporters associations got together and appointed a governance committee could we raise say £1M from the fans and in turn then go to the board and say for this fund we want 2 seats on the board with full voting powers?

southfieldhibby
28-05-2014, 02:03 PM

That those looking to buy are able to keep things very low key.

The 1990 comparison inst really a valid comparison to now. STF bought the club to stop us going under, not to invest in us. You're looking for someone to come and buy the club and 'invest' in Hibs.

You say 'people who care about the club' and 'a consortium'. It's all good and well saying that, but its as good as saying nothing, because it's not an answer.

I've little doubt that if there was a sensible offer on the table STF would take it. From where I'm sitting there isn't any kind of offer.

I'm not happy about what's happening to Hibs, but we play in a backwater league that doesn't attract much in the way of investment, especially outwith the Old Firm. I'm not going to hold my breath for some takeover that doesn't look like its coming.

It's not about investing,though, is it?I'd be interested to know how much Farmer has invested, but I'll take a wild punt and say zero.He's guaranteed things when the bank wanted to, when we built the stands, when we ran up significant debts under McLeish, but that was then and this is now.We have mortgaged stands that don't require Farmer as guarantor,did we not make a minor operating profit last year?

All we need is for an owner(s) to be hands on and direct the club, the re engage the support instead of allowing it to drift aimlessly.What Farmer did will never be forgotten but the support, but the longer he stays the more muddied his legacy becomes.We need him out.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 02:09 PM
That those looking to buy are able to keep things very low key.

.... or, IMO, that they just aren't there.

southfieldhibby
28-05-2014, 02:11 PM
.... or, IMO, that they just aren't there.

mibbes aye, mibbes naw.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I would be happy for STF to step aside if there was a responsible buyer out there, but to my knowledge this person does not currently exist so I am happy to stick with STF. I would like to see petrie step aside, but in about 6-8 weeks once dempster is in the door and settled.

Butcher can stay for now, but if we are not flying high come xmas then he has to go.

Just my opinion

Leithenhibby
28-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm very grateful to STF for saving my/ our club and for all he has done. He stressed from the offset that he wouldn't be getting involved in the football side as it's not his thing, and fair do's, not everyone wants to follow football.

That said, he now needs to step forward and explain what plan b is as things are out of hand, not getting, out. He needs to give this club back to the community as it no longer belongs to us. If, that is still under his control, then I for one will listen to the master plan. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, so make it good.

When the club moved on Monday to tell all the player that they were no longer required I was blown away at the speed of things. It would be wrong to take the foot of the gas now.

So STF, lets be having you, put your cards on the table and tell the fans what is in your thoughts.

It's time to grow a pair and explain everything that will hopefully take this wonderful club forward.

Word of warning - We're not like them across the city, We don't want any promises, we want action and we demand it now.

Yours
Frustrated as the next Hibs fan.

Leithenhibby
28-05-2014, 02:23 PM
I would be happy for STF to step aside if there was a responsible buyer out there, but to my knowledge this person does not currently exist so I am happy to stick with STF. I would like to see petrie step aside, but in about 6-8 weeks once dempster is in the door and settled.

Butcher can stay for now, but if we are not flying high come xmas then he has to go.

Just my opinion

A good one at that...

Bad Martini
28-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Does anyone really think Tom Farmer wouldn't sell if someone who didn't want to liquidate us and merge us with the mutants come along?

He's said all along what his intentions were and are. We can and will and should blame Petrie. And butcher. And our ***king journeymen players.

I said before...Farmer is a 73 year old man who is way past making a quick buck. He's got a personal fortune exceeding £130m and won't spend that in his remaining years.

If a plan can be formulated for reasonable and responsible ownership, he will sell. He might even gift the club back to the fans. It's no good to him. He's a philanthropist..... Not a megalomaniac.

His only crime was sticking with petrie. I'll always be thankful were still here to have this repetitive argument, following mercers plans.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jdships
28-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Just my opinion

Have refrained from commenting on these threads re STF/RP as at this stage it can easily be a knee jerk reaction
However I like your post and agree 100% with your take :thumbsup:

Leith Mo
28-05-2014, 02:48 PM
There are persistent and consistent rumours that Sir Tom Farmer KCSG (that's a Papal knighthood earned before the UK one for his considerable and unpublicised charitable endeavours) is not in the best of health (to put it mildly, although I don't think the man's health should be discussed on here as it really is a private matter for him and his family - I wish all of them well).

STF was on record at the time of saving the Club that he did it for the community of Leith and he confirmed this briefly in a magazine interview I arranged for him a number of years ago with a leading Italian magazine (with international circulation, circa 1993). My understanding is that after having spoken with Father Michael Rooney OMI (RIP) of St. Mary's Star of the Sea Leith (some of you may remember Father Rooney as being the man who was deaf as a post, over 6ft tall with a booming voice and a cracking sense of humour who used to stand after Mass wearing a Rangers scarf), Fr Rooney expressed the view that STF was "the only man with the wherewithall to stop this (ie Mercer) from happening so (he) had to do it" and STF replied that despite having no interest in football he loved Leith and remembered his family connections with the Club and agreed to step in. (Interesting the involvement of the Catholic Church once again at a crucial point in our turbulent history - I say that as an aside and not as attempting to start any religious debate (in case I am accused by any of doing that) about our Club which is rightly open to all).

He has always said the Club will be in good hands as long as/when he moves on, and also that the Club would always be safe even after that event. Makes me think of some sort of Fergus McCann type set-up where the majority shareholding is held in a family or community trust. I hear that the man is currently in the process of putting a number of business affairs in order (again persistent and consistent rumours which I am not claiming as FACT) and I would thnk Hibs will be pretty near the top of the list. Maybe this is part of the "Wind of change" we have been promised - we can only wait and see. In the menatime I hope that the initial breeze is strong enough to ensure we are rid of the true culprits in all of this - Butcher, his coaching team and a Chairman who has lost sight (if indeed he ever really saw it) of what Hibernian as Club stand for.

My only criticism of STF in all this since Sunday is that he didn't make a phone call to Petrie and the rest telling them to pack their bags as their positions had become unteanable. As said, all the best to him and his famil, and as always thank you for saving Hibernian FC

jacomo
28-05-2014, 03:53 PM
He has always said the Club will be in good hands as long as/when he moves on, and also that the Club would always be safe even after that event. Makes me think of some sort of Fergus McCann type set-up where the majority shareholding is held in a family or community trust. I hear that the man is currently in the process of putting a number of business affairs in order (again persistent and consistent rumours which I am not claiming as FACT) and I would thnk Hibs will be pretty near the top of the list. Maybe this is part of the "Wind of change" we have been promised - we can only wait and see. In the menatime I hope that the initial breeze is strong enough to ensure we are rid of the true culprits in all of this - Butcher, his coaching team and a Chairman who has lost sight (if indeed he ever really saw it) of what Hibernian as Club stand for.

My only criticism of STF in all this since Sunday is that he didn't make a phone call to Petrie and the rest telling them to pack their bags as their positions had become untenable. As said, all the best to him and his family, and as always thank you for saving Hibernian FC

:agree: I would not criticize STF. If the chairman he appointed cannot see that the management team he appointed has failed even the most basic level of competency then we really are lost.

houstonhibbee
28-05-2014, 04:02 PM
:agree: I would not criticize STF. If the chairman he appointed cannot see that the management team he appointed has failed even the most basic level of competency then we really are lost.

I was standing next to STF at the end of THAT Cup Final and commented to him along the lines of when will it be our turn.....................I expected at least some words of wisdom or encouragement but was rather underwhelmed by his reponse. " Aye, that's a good question". No fire, desire, ambition..............

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Sir Tom Farmer stepped in and saved Hibs for the community. I would like to think that the day he moves on there will be a statue of him erected outside the stadium by genuinely grateful Hibs fans.

But ....... on the day he made that decision and in the decades which have followed did he fully understand what it was he had saved?

Hibernian is, there can be no doubt, an important part of the social, cultural and sporting history of Edinburgh and South East Scotland. It can even claim a small but important part in the History and origins of European football. That history is very important to the clubs supporters and to many ( not all ) of the good people of Leith especially, the club is as much a part of the fabric of the community as its seafaring heritage for example.

When I first started supporting Hibs ( after a brief flirtation with Celtic ) I did so because I was born in Edinburgh and had lived in Leith before moving to the Borders. I was 15 and in truth had no idea of the clubs origins or even why it was called Hibernian and in all honesty I couldn't have cared less. I wanted to support a living breathing football club I could identify with. What was important to me and still is, was how the club gets on every season ..... that's the most important factor in the outlook of any football fan.

Hibernian football club is not a museum piece .... its not a picture by some famous artist to be saved for the nation and hung in a gallery somewhere gathering dust. It is a living breathing entity which must strive for success in order to keep its life blood flowing .... that life blood is us the supporters.

I think Tom Farmer even after all these years has failed to recognise that fact ....... That is why he was the right man to save Hibs and utterly the wrong man to own it. He thought his responsibility was over when he saved the club ....... it was only just beginning. As owner of Hibs comes the responsibility to make it a success, a responsibility he has singularly failed at, not least of all by his blind faith in Rod Petrie who any club owner would have binned a long time ago when it became clear that his running of the club was in no way leading ( or going to lead ) to on field success.

The fact that Rod Petrie remains as chairman of Hibernian FC is proof positive, at least to me, that on field success if not a major factor in the thinking or priorities of the clubs owner.

That is a disaster for any football club and has certainly been for us.

Bad Martini
28-05-2014, 04:34 PM
There's two simple views on STF.

1. He saved our club from surefire extinction at the hands of mercer. He said all those years ago he would ensure we survived. He done this and a wee bit more with loans over the years.

Please don't anyone suggest he done this to make a few quid. Over £130m in the bank. He doesn't need to piss about for short change....

OR

2. You take the view he shouldn't have done it and let us die because of what we become.

Hmm, I know what my thoughts on this is. And there's plenty good times since farmer took over, against all our big opponents.

His failing was sticking with petrie. However, he done what he said he would. He never did care about Hibs personally. He was never a fan. He maybe gained a slight passing interest. To me, that makes his deed all the more selfless. Save a club you don't give a toss about, with a load of folk who will never thank you and then occasionally help out financially, even tho you said you wouldnt.

Far from getting a statue, the man will be lucky to get a thanks from many. I'm sure he'll sell to anyone with our interests. Bear in mind that is the Only reason he got involved to start with. Says all I need to know

ancienthibby
28-05-2014, 04:36 PM

Just my opinion

Just my opinion as well, but NO money should go to either Farmer or Petrie. If any outside party, fans included, is interested in investing in Hibs then ALL the money should go to the club and a penny to those who have supervised this humiliation of our club.

Baader
28-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Doesn't mean there is no interest in anyone possibly taking Hibs off his hands though. You call it from "where you're sitting" but unless thats on the board or with some insider knowledge of the Hibernian affiliated business community then thats as invalid as anything else to be honest. I remember you being positive enough about us not going down on previous threads - don't despair that Hibs are forever stuck with the current ownership just yet.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2014, 05:05 PM
There's two simple views on STF.

1. He saved our club from surefire extinction at the hands of mercer. He said all those years ago he would ensure we survived. He done this and a wee bit more with loans over the years.

Please don't anyone suggest he done this to make a few quid. Over £130m in the bank. He doesn't need to piss about for short change....

OR

2. You take the view he shouldn't have done it and let us die because of what we become.

Hmm, I know what my thoughts on this is. And there's plenty good times since farmer took over, against all our big opponents.

His failing was sticking with petrie. However, he done what he said he would. He never did care about Hibs personally. He was never a fan. He maybe gained a slight passing interest. To me, that makes his deed all the more selfless. Save a club you don't give a toss about, with a load of folk who will never thank you and then occasionally help out financially, even tho you said you wouldnt.

Far from getting a statue, the man will be lucky to get a thanks from many. I'm sure he'll sell to anyone with our interests. Bear in mind that is the Only reason he got involved to start with. Says all I need to know

I don't know a single Hibby who isn't grateful to Tom Farmer for saving us from Mercer and wouldn't say so to his face.

But for crying out loud mate we are 20 odd years down the line. The balance between thanks for saving the club and WTF are you doing with it is beginning to tip sadly in the wrong direction ..... about 30% of our regular support were under 5 years old when STF took over the club.

I'm sure STF would sell the club tomorrow if he could. The trouble is he should have tried a hell of a lot harder to do that a hell of a lot sooner.

offshorehibby
28-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I honestly would not be to keen on getting rid of STF. No white night is coming in with bags of money.

What needs to happen is for Leeann Dempster to be given full control of Hibernian FC. No interference from anywhere. I am in favour of more fan involvement but not full fan ownership.

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Just my opinion as well, but NO money should go to either Farmer or Petrie. If any outside party, fans included, is interested in investing in Hibs then ALL the money should go to the club and a penny to those who have supervised this humiliation of our club.

Is he not entitled to his money back? If he can get it that is. If he cant. or gets hounded out, what message does this give to others?

Unless he is careful who he sells to someone could pick up the club at a reasonable cost and then break it up selling its assets individually. What's to stop them? I would guess the assets are worth considerably more than its worth as a football club.

theonlywayisup
28-05-2014, 05:40 PM
I met STF about 6-8 weeks ago and he was hurting about the poor performances. He said something like "it is grim, isn't it? Still Butcher says he will turn us around".

He repeated the "I keep out of the football side of things".

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I met STF about 6-8 weeks ago and he was hurting about the poor performances. He said something like "it is grim, isn't it? Still Butcher says he will turn us around".

I wish he would convince his pal to do the same.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2014, 05:44 PM

What a pity he didn't notice that the chairman, manager and players were following his lead.

theonlywayisup
28-05-2014, 05:59 PM
What a pity he didn't notice that the chairman, manager and players were following his lead.

Funny!