PDA

View Full Version : Implementing change - Petrie Out.

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Taking into account the general feeling on this board since Sunday it is clear that everybody is in agreement that Rod Petrie must go before anybody else can follow. He can't be allowed to make another decision on our future.

He's causing as much damage to Hibernian as Wallace Mercer ever did and with emotions running higher than ever at the moment there will never be a greater time to oust our faceless chairman. His position is absolutely untenable.

Now, to the point. Following on from Ee.'s Ramsdens cup thread and other ideas I have seen over the last two days I felt it would be a good idea to have a thread designated to ideas on how we can come together and create a movement similar to the movement in 1990/91 that saved our club.

There seems to be a mixed response on many of these ideas and it's time we all sat down and agreed on one idea and get the ball rolling in creating the movement that gives us back our hibs.

Let the brainstorming commence,

PETRIE OUT.

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 04:00 PM
I forgot to add. There appears to be plans in place at supporters clubs and associations to do something but in my personal opinion there is no bigger place to create a movement than hibs.net.

davcar
27-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Agree! The club, our club always ask for sticking together, it's now time they take heed of their own advice as an ever increasing number of there target audience become more restless, the only way they can heal the rift with the fan base is to get Rod out the door and give clear direction to the supporters the direction in which we go from here. The lack of info we are being fed about this wind off change beggars belief on top of the events of the past 48hrs, so if they aren't going to be forthcoming then we as a support have to take action! The sooner the better, this needs sorted so players can be brought in before pre season starts, whoever is manager!

Onion
27-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Money is the key here. It's the ONLY language Petrie understands:

All Season Ticket holders demand their money back (not a refund). Not sure where law of contract stands, but it would send shockwaves through Easter Road. If they granted a refund, it would scupper plans for summer signings - so they won't. But then again, if they refused a refund without proper explanation (other than it's contractual), this would get huge media coverage and send lawyers, consumers association and other bodies into overdrive. Horrendous PR for the club.

The thing that irks me most is that Petrie thinks he can just carry on regardless. Have his discussions with Butcher, players, sponsors, suppliers etc etc. The very last people he'll want or be able to engage with is supporters yet we're the only people who put REAL money into the club.

My_Wife_Camille
27-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Agreed, especially the statement about Mercer.

Hibs.net is probably the greatest platform available for all Hibs fans to speak their minds and to come up with a soloution to dealing with this sickness that is killing our club.

The support has been excellent over the years and even more so this year. Those who care about the direction that our club has gone (and will continue to go) NEED to be brave and stand up for Hibernian.

I don't know the answer to saving our club, but I'm trying to find solutions and putting thoughts out there. Surely between all of us we can come up with something!?
:flag:

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 04:36 PM

All Season Ticket holders demand their money back (not a refund). Not sure where law of contract stands, but it would send shockwaves through Easter Road. If they granted a refund, it would scupper plans for summer signings - so they won't. But then again, if they refused a refund without proper explanation (other than it's contractual), this would get huge media coverage and send lawyers, consumers association and other bodies into overdrive. Horrendous PR for the club.

The thing that irks me most is that Petrie thinks he can just carry on regardless. Have his discussions with Butcher, players, sponsors, suppliers etc etc. The very last people he'll want or be able to engage with is supporters yet we're the only people who put REAL money into the club.

I agree with this.

I've not bothered with a season ticket and I won't until he's gone.

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Agreed, especially the statement about Mercer.

Hibs.net is probably the greatest platform available for all Hibs fans to speak their minds and to come up with a soloution to dealing with this sickness that is killing our club.

The support has been excellent over the years and even more so this year. Those who care about the direction that our club has gone (and will continue to go) NEED to be brave and stand up for Hibernian.

I don't know the answer to saving our club, but I'm trying to find solutions and putting thoughts out there. Surely between all of us we can come up with something!?
:flag:

:agree:

There are a lot of creative, passionate and sore people on this board. We've seen it before. We've organised singing sections, football teams, cup final displays, the Dnipro appeal and many other great things.

We've set up campaigns that have raised money for hibs and Petrie isn't using this and us to hibs advantage. He's distancing us. It's time we pulled together and showed him, like we showed mercer, that he is a nobody in comparison to us.

coldingham hibs
27-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Not sure i agree with this. Petrie is not Hibernian Football Club so witholding money won't bother him in the slightest, as far as i am aware he does not get paid (tell me if I'm wrong).

If we withhold money then the club will close, Petrie has no obligation to leave so why would he?.

If we withold money STF will assume we don't care so why would he bother, after all he has stated already that he is happy with what Petrie has done for the club.

We need an Anne Budge or fan ownership, it's the only way to resolve the issues.

Iceman1875
27-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Within the change curve Petrie is clearly in denial with butcher and Malpas in the anger stages - how long before we see a significant change remains to be seen.

At Easter Road we play...

Michael
27-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Did Mercer actually do any damage to Hibs? I mean, he tried, but ultimately failed (correct me if I'm wrong). Where as, Petrie is a big part of the reason we are relegated.

snooky
27-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Should I get rid of my "In Rod We Trust" stamp now? :dunno:

My_Wife_Camille
27-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Did Mercer actually do any damage to Hibs? I mean, he tried, but ultimately failed (correct me if I'm wrong). Where as, Petrie is a big part of the reason we are relegated.
Mercer only failed because he was stopped.

The Hibernian community stood up together and showed some courage and strength and helped to save the club.

We need to do this again now and stop Petrie from finishing what Mercer started.