PDA

View Full Version : Our Next Manager if and when Butcher is away?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Suggestions?

HibeeHendo
27-05-2014, 01:14 PM
He'll be staying.

crieffhibee
27-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Iv got a 3 legged 1 eyed toothless smelly dug called lucky that could do a better job than butcher

SMAXXA
27-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Big Eck for me

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Big Eck for me

My thoughts too matey.

yekimevol
27-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Ian Murray for me , knows the league very well. However i would like to see Mcleish in as Director of football to assist him.

Zander
27-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Ian Murray for me , knows the league very well. However i would like to see Mcleish in as Director of football to assist him.

this has been my feeling since Sunday, would also like to see Russell come in as a coach.

Easy to give Mcleish an option to leave if a club came in for him

However it looks like that is a very big IF for Butcher to leave

Diclonius
27-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Ian Murray. Has to be.

brian6-2
27-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Dont think he will be going but if he does Alex Mcleish.

bingo70
27-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Definitely not Ian Murray

HibbyAndy
27-05-2014, 01:52 PM
i will be utterly underwhelmed if Butcher remains in charge.

brian6-2
27-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Definitely not Ian Murray

Agree completely, Not just no to Murray but any ex player.

MrSmith
27-05-2014, 01:56 PM
John Collins and Ian Murray - need to re-install HIBERNIAN back into Hibs immediately!

Elephant Stone
27-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Hopefully not the fans' choice.

rcarter1
27-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Iain Murray looks a good prospect, however has just signed a deal with Dumbarton. I would like to see how his teams play first, and we will get that opportunity next season. When I look back on all the failures we have had as managers, I am more and more convinced, that the right manager will not only

1. Know what they are doing
2. Understand man and team management
3. Can identify players and play them in positions that are effective
4. Understand tactics/strategy etc.

But also - play a style of football that Hibs fans can relate to. Fenlon in particular totally missed this point. Calderwood didn't care, Yogi Collins and Mixu were out of their depth, and Butcher failed on some of the above, while showing that hoofball was his default for when he didn't have his own players.

I would consider Danny Lennon as an option. Clearly committed to a passing game, and less egotistical than some others, with a decent budget and good support staff and scouting network, could be a good fit for us.

brian6-2
27-05-2014, 02:01 PM

aye, lets leave it up to petrie.

Thecat23
27-05-2014, 02:03 PM

When have the fans ever picked our manager? Only one man has. If he's stupid enough to keep just picking folk that some fans want that's another part of his job he's failed at.

timewilltell
27-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Butcher will be staying....... Move on

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2014, 02:08 PM
John Collins and Ian Murray - need to re-install HIBERNIAN back into Hibs immediately!

I think Collins could be a good appointment as long as Petrie wasnt in charge. Things went a bit wayward at the end but I enjoyed the way we played football under him, and I think he has the right attitude towards the game.

geordie_hibs
27-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Chris Hughton

NOLA
27-05-2014, 02:17 PM
pat's going nowhere.

BT58
27-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Stuart MaCall according to fb
Victor

ionahibby
27-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Chris Hughton

With calderwood as his assistant :greengrin

Keith_M
27-05-2014, 02:32 PM
I think Collins could be a good appointment as long as Petrie wasnt in charge. Things went a bit wayward at the end but I enjoyed the way we played football under him, and I think he has the right attitude towards the game.

His follow up season after winning the League Cup was considered a disaster by many but he left after managing Hibs for 17 league games, during which the results were W-7, D-6 , L-4. That was hardly disastrous, compared to what we've endured recently.

He also recognised the shortcomings in his squad (most of the defeats were after injuries ruled out the first picks and he had to rely on the poor 2nd choice of players) and asked for more money for better players. He left because he was turned down.

I personally think we would be in a much better position today if Petrie had backed Collins.

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 02:38 PM
We could get pep guardiola in and still be s*** when we have RP playing football manager behind the scenes, nothing will change until he goes.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Stuart MaCall according to fb
Victor

He wouldn't touch us.

BH Hibs
27-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Butcher will be going anywhere

Elephant Stone
27-05-2014, 02:50 PM
aye, lets leave it up to petrie.

Petrie picks who the fans want more often than not.

stubru59
27-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Butcher will be going anywhere

Unfortunately I think you're right.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2014, 02:56 PM
When have the fans ever picked our manager? Only one man has. If he's stupid enough to keep just picking folk that some fans want that's another part of his job he's failed at.Not true, Petrie didn't chose Fenlon afaik, Lindsey did.

HFC 0-7
27-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Dont get the Ian Murray chat, terry butcher knew the premier league well and he has got a side promoted from the firs division / championship. The last 3 managers that had success at hibs, Mcleish, Mowbray and Collins either had good players at the club already or had good money to spend. We don't have good players so we must get good money to spend.

Doesnt matter what what manager comes in now, money is a must. With rangers and hearts in the league and the fact we are not in the same position as all the other club in that squads only need additions, we need a whole squad!

we need money, a manager than can get the best out of players and a manager that has an eye for a player. Ian Murray is far too much of an unknown in managerial sense.

Blocks Biloxi
27-05-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm torn between backing Butcher until we see the benefits of a 'clean slate'... and getting shot of a guy whose language after Sunday suggests that he's a broken man.

Otherwise... John Collins as coach, with someone else in charge of player acquisition. At least with the right style of play we might stand a chance of getting some of the lapsed fans back on board. Also, if the clear-out continues, there might not be any prima donnas left for six-pack envy.

heretoday
27-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Danny Lennon. It's too soon for Murray.

Makaveli
27-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Butcher will be staying....... Move on

If he does, thousands will.

nribs
27-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Ian Murray for me with Pat Nevin involved as DOF or on the board.

iainm1875
27-05-2014, 03:45 PM
A foreign coach for me. I want to see us pass the ball like Malmo, Barca and Hamilton do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerard
27-05-2014, 03:46 PM
TB is not going to leave Hibs and will be given 1 more season to get Hibs back into the SPL IMO. He should be given a chance to bring in his players. It will not be easy given the financial disaster of relegation that the club now faces. I also think that as fans we need to support the club and being objectively critical of the present BODs, mainly the PSHs.

Keith_M
27-05-2014, 03:50 PM
A foreign coach for me. I want to see us pass the ball like Malmo, Barca and Hamilton do.

Now you're being unrealistic

:wink:

TheFamous1875
27-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm torn between backing Butcher until we see the benefits of a 'clean slate'... and getting shot of a guy whose language after Sunday suggests that he's a broken man.

Otherwise... John Collins as coach, with someone else in charge of player acquisition. At least with the right style of play we might stand a chance of getting some of the lapsed fans back on board. Also, if the clear-out continues, there might not be any prima donnas left for six-pack envy.

I think John Collins being in charge of a youthful team would be great. Dare say, if it was he who got the job instead of Mowbray at the time, the players then very well may have enjoyed better careers due to attitude/discipline/fitness.

The upheaval after the cup win was because they were used to Mowbray's lenience as opposed to Collins' unflinching professionalism. Naturally, they rebelled, much in concert with the current squad's rejection of Butcher and Malpas' methods. Butcher and Malpas tried to change far too much too soon, which inevitably led to their losing of the dressing room, and also failed to realise that the players currently in the squad simply weren't capable of performing in the manner of which they were ordered (see ICT's direct brand of football).

If they'd played the safe game and got the players to play to their strengths for the remainder of the season we would not be anywhere near the mess we are in. They should have studied the squad's strengths and got the best out of the remaining crop before slowly instilling their own methods.

Bit of a rant, but when in Rome..!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Waxy
Alex Neil? knows the championship.Got a hamilton team playing the ball on the deck.
Not that he'd want to come to us.Just a thought.

CorrieHibs

I think Ian Murray will be a terrific manager and would love to see him at Hibs. However I wouldn't want to ruin the young man's career!

Dave-O
27-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Too soon for Ian Murray (his day will come) big eck for me, older, wiser and from his time down south hopefully a few contacts, the only problem I foresee is funds?

GGTTH

Steven_Hibs
27-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Neil Lennon?

bigwheel
27-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Too soon for Ian Murray (his day will come) big eck for me, older, wiser and from his time down south hopefully a few contacts, the only problem I foresee is funds?

GGTTH

I wouldn't want McLeish back , we need some consistency , he would only be waiting on a better offer ..and anyway, he is a manager that needs to spend - he wouldn't be interested in our job ..

.Sean.
27-05-2014, 04:15 PM
As unfortunate as it is, I reckon we're stuck with the Butcher of Hibs.

Dave-O
27-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't want McLeish back , we need some consistency , he would only be waiting on a better offer ..and anyway, he is a manager that needs to spend - he wouldn't be interested in our job ..

So were looking for a manager who nobody else would want, who doesn't want/need money and is interested in the job, Pat Fenlon?

bigwheel
27-05-2014, 04:19 PM
So were looking for a manager who nobody else would want, who doesn't want/need money and is interested in the job, Pat Fenlon?

Now if we still had Pat ..... Hehe. I won't go there ....

In reality , unless Butcher walks , we will be starting the season with him ..

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Danny Lennon. It's too soon for Murray.

Ian Murray could have the makings of an intelligent manager. It would be criminal to appoint him now and ruin that future prospect.

I'd happily see Collins back but with someone reasonable and totally unconnected with Newcastle as assistant.

I doubt Pat Nevin would consider gambling on anything other than a very part-time role as his media career is going very well.

Wellbankhibby
27-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Suggestions?

DISGRACEFUL POST. Although everyone is entitled to their opinions it is disgraceful to ask about a replacement for Terry Butcher. There is no doubt he has made mistakes but on the other hand he is just in the job and has tried various players. He obviously told some players they were not good enough to play for the club and it is MY OPINION that most of them and perhaps the lot of them did not play for him. In my opinion there are lots of things wrong with the club we cant keep blaming the Manager. ALL our MANAGERS cant be bad. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE. Comments and posts about new managers are a disgrace at this time when we should all be pulling together. GGTTH :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 04:43 PM
DISGRACEFUL POST. Although everyone is entitled to their opinions it is disgraceful to ask about a replacement for Terry Butcher. There is no doubt he has made mistakes but on the other hand he is just in the job and has tried various players. He obviously told some players they were not good enough to play for the club and it is MY OPINION that most of them and perhaps the lot of them did not play for him. In my opinion there are lots of things wrong with the club we cant keep blaming the Manager. ALL our MANAGERS cant be bad. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE. Comments and posts about new managers are a disgrace at this time when we should all be pulling together. GGTTH :confused:

:faf:

LTYF

offshorehibby
27-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Ian Murray for me with Pat Nevin involved as DOF or on the board.

While i have a lot of time for Ian Murry, was somebody not on here a while back saying his team tends to play a bit of hoofball. Also got a lot of time for Nevin but not as a DOF after he managed to bankrupt motherwell.

Captain Trips
27-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Danny Lennon 12 month rolling deal.

dmc1875
27-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Butcher will be going nowhere so we might as well try and back him and hope marsella can find some of those gems we hear so much about.

If he resigns, which is the only way I can see him leaving, Alex McLeish for.me.

Captain Trips
27-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Butcher will be going nowhere so we might as well try and back him and hope marsella can find some of those gems we hear so much about.

If he resigns, which is the only way I can see him leaving, Alex McLeish for.me.

Why? IMO backing him would be negative for club. He got to much backing last season and we are down.

dmc1875
27-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Why? IMO backing him would be negative for club. He got to much backing last season and we are down.

I can't see him going anywhere...

Cropley10
27-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Whoever comes in, is it fair to assume that we will read on here that the appointment was one that the fans agreed with, even when inevitably something goes wrong.

Butcher is a busted flush. Petrie must be no less than 5,000 yards away from the decision. We need a magician and a miracle worker.

But... I'll got for McCall.

Murray is too inexperienced and Eck's last job saw his team get relegated and hasn't worked since.

Lago
27-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Totally agree, excellent post.

nribs
27-05-2014, 06:56 PM
DISGRACEFUL POST. Although everyone is entitled to their opinions it is disgraceful to ask about a replacement for Terry Butcher. There is no doubt he has made mistakes but on the other hand he is just in the job and has tried various players. He obviously told some players they were not good enough to play for the club and it is MY OPINION that most of them and perhaps the lot of them did not play for him. In my opinion there are lots of things wrong with the club we cant keep blaming the Manager. ALL our MANAGERS cant be bad. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE. Comments and posts about new managers are a disgrace at this time when we should all be pulling together. GGTTH :confused:Any guy who relegated Hibs as that is what he did can do one!!! He had loads of opportunities to ensure our safety. Ffs all he had to do was not get beat at the weekend. A failure. Go now!!

IberianHibernian
27-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Advertise the post and interview as many people as possible . If post is advertised properly it`s an interesting one for an ambitious foreign coach . Ex Raith manager Antonio Calderón and ex St Mirren player Victor Muñoz being 2 Spanish candidates . In Scotland Danny Lennon. Mjalby ?

macd123
27-05-2014, 07:05 PM

We need someone we can all get behind that's the issue.

Greenworld
27-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Owen coyle been there done that likes to attack play football

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#2 Double Tap
27-05-2014, 07:11 PM
He relegated us. 70% against on the poll - thats quite a lot.

nribs
27-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Advertise the post and interview as many people as possible . If post is advertised properly it`s an interesting one for an ambitious foreign coach . Ex Raith manager Antonio Calderón and ex St Mirren player Victor Muñoz being 2 Spanish candidates . In Scotland Danny Lennon. Mjalby ?
What are Paulo Sergio and csaba laslo doing?

#2 Double Tap
27-05-2014, 07:12 PM
No ex jambos or any form of jambo near the rebuild please. Yes it is personal. :)

bingo70
27-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I'd like us to follow the hearts model, I think that's a better idea than constantly employing and changing average managers.

Get somebody like boozy in to coach the first team to lift the spirits and improve the atmosphere around the place. He'd also have us playing football the right way.

Not sure about the director of football role but it would have to be someone with an ethos of playing football the right way.

#2 Double Tap
27-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I'd like us to follow the hearts model, I think that's a better idea than constantly employing and changing average managers.

Get somebody like boozy in to coach the first team to lift the spirits and improve the atmosphere around the place. He'd also have us playing football the right way.

Not sure about the director of football role but it would have to be someone with an ethos of playing football the right way.

Bring back Frank :D

Wellbankhibby
27-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Any guy who relegated Hibs as that is what he did can do one!!! He had loads of opportunities to ensure our safety. Ffs all he had to do was not get beat at the weekend. A failure. Go now!!

I am aware of your comment and I am as angry as all other Hibbies. There is no doubt we should have secured safety and if Im being honest we should never have been in this position. The problem we have is when we fail to deliver the manager almost always gets the blame. I have already stated TB made mistakes there is no doubt about that even on Sunday he made errors taking off Heff when there was an outside chance of Penalties, he also made the mistake of young Cummings taking the last Penalty. TB clearly thought we were safe Bear in mind they scored in injury time. My main issue is we will NEVER get anywhere sacking Managers and appointing others willy nilly, all that happens is the new Manager comes in and has to work with Players he has inherited this is exactly what has happened to TB and his Management Team. Give him this season with his own signings and if he fails I will be the first to say replace him. As Hibs fans we are fickle Yes we have had a very hard time of it recently. The one thing Petrie has done is keep us on a good finacial setting. The BIG ISSUE IS THE CLUB has NOT Invested in a Strong Team on the park. Anyone can do what Hearts and Rangers did but thank god we are not in their position. Lets ALL Stick together and hopefully better times are round the corner for all of us.

Northernhibee
27-05-2014, 07:17 PM
I went to see Dumbarton when they played Aberdeen in the cup and was very impressed. Well organised, got the ball forward quickly but on the deck, each player looked as if they knew what they were doing and they created chances.

Would quite like Ian Murray as manager.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Steve Evans - Rotherham Manager.

nribs
27-05-2014, 07:22 PM
I am aware of your comment and I am as angry as all other Hibbies. There is no doubt we should have secured safety and if Im being honest we should never have been in this position. The problem we have is when we fail to deliver the manager almost always gets the blame. I have already stated TB made mistakes there is no doubt about that even on Sunday he made errors taking off Heff when there was an outside chance of Penalties, he also made the mistake of young Cummings taking the last Penalty. TB clearly thought we were safe Bear in mind they scored in injury time. My main issue is we will NEVER get anywhere sacking Managers and appointing others willy nilly, all that happens is the new Manager comes in and has to work with Players he has inherited this is exactly what has happened to TB and his Management Team. Give him this season with his own signings and if he fails I will be the first to say replace him. As Hibs fans we are fickle Yes we have had a very hard time of it recently. The one thing Petrie has done is keep us on a good finacial setting. The BIG ISSUE IS THE CLUB has NOT Invested in a Strong Team on the park. Anyone can do what Hearts and Rangers did but thank god we are not in their position. Lets ALL Stick together and hopefully better times are round the corner for all of us.
I read your post I'm not going to agree with it but I'm certainly not going to fall out with a fellow hibee over it :)

Blocks Biloxi
27-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Steve Evans - Rotherham Manager.

No thanks. Let's leave employing convicted criminals to the Yams :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2014, 08:05 PM

Csaba Laszlo and George Burley are a couple of names i've thought about the last 24 hours :agree: why not, although i've not completely given up on TB at this moment

Swedish hibee
27-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I really want Butcher gone. I actually hate him.

BT58
27-05-2014, 08:09 PM
U back on the sauce D ????
Victor

OsloHibs
27-05-2014, 08:14 PM
We need someone like a John Still. What he's done with Luton is extraordinary. Butcher is NOT the answer, he made us worse FFS- he should be gone.

Pray4Marc
27-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Mike Reilly.

WHAM
27-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Although he might not be a big enough name for a lot of our supporters, I believe Ian McParland or somebody similar to him is what the club is crying out for.

I know for a fact how big an endorser of the passing game/ball on the deck Ian is. Believes it's the only way to play the game.

Whilst at Nottingham Forest Academy had all the youth teams playing this way and over saw the promotion of players like Jermaine Jenas into the 1st team.

Done well whilst Caretaker manager of Forest and almost took them to the play off IIRC.

Was unlucky at Notts County as he had massive financial constraints whilst trying to bring in new players and then was stabbed in the back by Sven Goran Eriksson when the new owners came in.

The least "yes" man you will ever meet. Disciplined etc but not a dinosaur like TB. Just what we need.

And he's a Hibs man through and through. Grew up in Tranent. Knows what the club means to the fans and the tradition of playing the Hibs way.

Hibernianinc
27-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Stuart McCall would be my choice.

Don't believe he'd be interested in us for 1 minute tho' :rolleyes:

nribs
27-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Although he might not be a big enough name for a lot of our supporters, I believe Ian McParland or somebody similar to him is what the club is crying out for.

I know for a fact how big an endorser of the passing game/ball on the deck Ian is. Believes it's the only way to play the game.

Whilst at Nottingham Forest Academy had all the youth teams playing this way and over saw the promotion of players like Jermaine Jenas into the 1st team.

Done well whilst Caretaker manager of Forest and almost took them to the play off IIRC.

Was unlucky at Notts County as he had massive financial constraints whilst trying to bring in new players and then was stabbed in the back by Sven Goran Eriksson when the new owners came in.

The least "yes" man you will ever meet. Disciplined etc but not a dinosaur like TB. Just what we need.

And he's a Hibs man through and through. Grew up in Tranent. Knows what the club means to the fans and the tradition of playing the Hibs way.
I'll be honest and say I know nothing about this guy but is he anything like you say he is he sounds exactly the kind of guy we need.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Could we really have a manager called Pumper :wink:

WHAM
27-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Could we really have a manager called Pumper :wink:

That must have been what Petrie was thinking when he failed to give Pumper or Charlie (as he's known in Nottingham) an interview twice. Appointing masterminds like Calderwood instead.....

Jim44
27-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I went to see Dumbarton when they played Aberdeen in the cup and was very impressed. Well organised, got the ball forward quickly but on the deck, each player looked as if they knew what they were doing and they created chances.

I've no idea what they play like, but results are fairly impressive. More than one person has said to me that they are eye-bleedingly bad and boring to watch. One man's meat and all that.

silverhibee
27-05-2014, 11:18 PM

Lets see how Murray gets on next season, Dumbarton and Alloa will be hot favourites to go down next season.

silverhibee
27-05-2014, 11:20 PM
I've no idea what they play like, but results are fairly impressive. More than one person has said to me that they are eye-bleedingly bad and boring to watch. One man's meat and all that.

Seen them play twice, hoofball up to Nish, some workers in the team, nothing special, and there ground is pish poor.

Shields Hibee
27-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Gary Mills at Gateshead. Took them from 4th bottom to Skrill Premier playoff final while playing some good football and told the players to keep believing they could do it even when they got a few poor results.

He's a good man manager & can motivate, both these attributes are non existent with TB.

jacomo
27-05-2014, 11:48 PM

All true. We will never achieve our potential chopping and changing managers and squad like this.

However, Butcher has been an unmitigated disaster. If the man had any integrity he would have offered his resignation on Sunday evening. If Rod had any sense he would have accepted it.

Butcher won't pull this club together... I have no idea what was happening behind closed doors over the past six months but he has done worse even than Calderwood. He needs to go.

ivan03
28-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Suggestions?

The best brand of football the worlds ever seen....

Our next manager needs to bring football back to Easter road, we used to be a good side to watch, we always conceded goals but we always scored a lot, and were a good side to watch. Now we concede loads and score few, hoof the ball up the park and struggle to string passes together and create attacks! It needs sorted ASAP.

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2014, 12:30 AM

LTYFWhat a stupid response, try replying with something instead of the usual ''LTYF'' pish when someone goes against the majority opinion.

matty_f
28-05-2014, 12:37 AM
I don't think we're a great draw for any potential manager at the moment. Think we definitely fall into the "wouldn't touch with a bargepole" category as things stand.

Broken club, nae players, irate support, horrendously difficult league to get out of... it's not exactly enticing!

Shearer
28-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Are the people suggesting McCall and McLeish having a laugh?!

Does anyone honestly think either of these guys would be interested in the job? Get real.

MacGruber
28-05-2014, 07:20 AM
I don't think we're a great draw for any potential manager at the moment. Think we definitely fall into the "wouldn't touch with a bargepole" category as things stand.

Broken club, nae players, irate support, horrendously difficult league to get out of... it's not exactly enticing!

I think this is half right. It'll be right for a lot of managers out there for the reasons you allude to.

Also think it's half wrong. There will be a heap of managers out there who will see it as a wonderful opportunity. In the sense that Moyes was never going to follow Ferguson because it was impossible to follow. In the sense that you decide to take the next turn in goal when you're playing 5's with your mates after the guy before has let in a bobbilly trundler under his legs and you think at least you can follow that!

As put by John F Kennedy,

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity".

Wellbankhibby
28-05-2014, 08:57 AM

LTYF

By the way could you or anyone else tell me what the abbreviations LTYF stand for. I assume its probably not a very Nice Comment.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2014, 09:02 AM
By the way could you or anyone else tell me what the abbreviations LTYF stand for. I assume its probably not a very Nice Comment.

Launch the yam fud.

Wellbankhibby
28-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Launch the yam fud.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I thought it was something to do with Yam Fud.
Lets just hope the Club as a whole and Supporters all pull together and see the Hibees back where they belong in the Premier challenging for Europe and winning trophies. GGTTH :agree:

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 09:33 AM

:greengrin Sounds like a duet for next years Eurovision song contest.

spike220
28-05-2014, 09:40 AM
i will be utterly underwhelmed if Butcher remains in charge.

underwhelmed, underwhelmed - The underwhelmed boat sailed long ago.

spike220
28-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Is that you Terry?

Lucius Apuleius
28-05-2014, 09:46 AM
I don't think Butcher is going anywhere. As for us saying who we would like, load of nonsense. Those recently appointed would have been first choice for most supporters on here. The fact that they have not worked out should remind us just how **** we as supporters are in wanting managers. Whoever it is, if not Butcher, then I want this stated now so as I can say I said it first:

I always said he is not the man for us.
He has done nothing at any other club apart from the one he has just left and even then he was lucky.
His training methods are prehistoric and cause more injuries that anything else.
He has totally lost the dressing room as he is such a useless man manager.

And that is just for starters.

Lester B
28-05-2014, 10:11 AM

We gave him a chance. He took us from 5th to relegation. He showed no tactical awareness, no flexibilty in playing style, no motivation or man management skills, nothing but abysmal talk about hard work and confident we will get out of this, things turning around soon.

We should all be pulling together? Very nice, very nice, very nice but maybe in the next world. I read that statement as we should all be agreeing with you in the context of what you write.

I am not going back whilst he is still manager. I'm far from the only one.

jacomo
28-05-2014, 10:43 AM
We gave him a chance. He took us from 5th to relegation. He showed no tactical awareness, no flexibilty in playing style, no motivation or man management skills, nothing but abysmal talk about hard work and confident we will get out of this, things turning around soon.

We should all be pulling together? Very nice, very nice, very nice but maybe in the next world. I read that statement as we should all be agreeing with you in the context of what you write.

Has Butcher resigned yet? If not, I hope he's spent the past few days wisely and his resignation letter is now on its way to our new CEO.

Captain Trips
28-05-2014, 11:15 AM
We are starting from scratch. He hasn't built anything in his 7 months. He has not signed a raft of players for new manager to have to work with.

We are at day one again so it is the ideal time to change. Terry was so useless all he built are things you would want to change.

jacomo
28-05-2014, 11:36 AM
We are starting from scratch. He hasn't built anything in his 7 months. He has not signed a raft of players for new manager to have to work with.

We are at day one again so it is the ideal time to change. Terry was so useless all he built are things you would want to change.

Unfortunately Rod Petrie either refused his resignation or has not pushed TB to go. So Leann is starting from a hideous position - less money because we've been relegated, and a tarnished manager.

Wellbankhibby
28-05-2014, 11:37 AM

As I said we are all entitled to our own opinions unfortunately Some so called Hibs Supporters have very little patience. In the real world it takes time to adjust when changing things this would include our Management team. Where do we draw a line. Half of the support wanted rid of Pat Fenlon add to the list Yogi, Mixu and even the Great Pat Stanton. I am hurting as much as anyone having followed the Hibs for over 50 years. We have been a VERY POOR TEAM for a number of years now but we never seem to learn. Every Hibs supporter will want a different Manager and if they are not happy with the appointment all they will do is shout abuse and want rid off. Give the Man a chance. WE ALL KNOW it has been a terrible start for TB but lets see what signings come along if he is the same after 6 months and there is little or no improvement thats the time to make a move for replacements. We will have trouble appointing a top class Manager for our club as it seems to be jinxed, unfortunately part of the problem is some of our Fans. I dont like what Im watching either. I stay near Dundee and the reason I followed Hibs was that they played very attractive football in the Eddie Turnbull era.

jeffers
28-05-2014, 11:41 AM

Exactly, he should have been away after the final penalty on Sunday and allow a new man to come in. He's tainted goods as far as I am concerned, if we don't start well next season the crowd will turn on him. TBH the thought of attending another game if he is in charge has absolutely no appeal to me.

S4uzee
28-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Exactly, he should have been away after the final penalty on Sunday and allow a new man to come in. He's tainted goods as far as I am concerned, if we don't start well next season the crowd will turn on him. TBH the thought of attending another game if he is in charge has absolutely no appeal to me.

Spot on. If we don't start well then he will probably be out by October then the cycle will just continue

Bad Martini
28-05-2014, 11:58 AM
IMHO our problems all started the day Collins was stabbed in the back by those overpaid, lazy ******* we had playing for us back in the day. Then got worse when Petrie didnt deal with that properly. And were nailed when Petrie wouldnt back Collins.

Collins got pelters for his signing policy and some where *****? Were they all his first, second or third choice? We'll never know or maybe we will. Either way, he didnt get anywhere near the players he wanted. Who do we back as a club?? What do you need to do to get backing from Petrie? He won us a cup...the only silverware we had gained in decades. STILL, he wasnt fully backed to the hilt.

Under Collins we were fit, we were sharp and we were fighting. We werent always great but we were far closer to Hibs than whatever the **** we are now. Collins main problems come from the "seasoned" (And I use this word loosely) "professionals" - aka, overpaid fat twats who couldn't (mostly) lace his boots as a player. They didnt like that AND to be fair, JC always was arrogant. It comes with a winning mentality.

We would do much worse than having Collins back. He was the last man to win us anything and the last man to have us looking anything like winners. Tommy Craig can piss off, he didnt help but with the right man, Collins could do a job for us again.

Big Eck??? Hmm...standing in the centre circle, "I'll be here as long as you need me" as we won 3-0 that day. Didnt last long did he?? Bolt.

Either way, Butcher and Malpas have proven they have no plan B...other than hoofball. If possible, get them both to fek with Petrie.

Expecting Rain
28-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Tony Mowbray

hibsbollah
28-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Master Yoda.

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 12:55 PM
IMHO our problems all started the day Collins was stabbed in the back by those overpaid, lazy ******* we had playing for us back in the day. Then got worse when Petrie didnt deal with that properly. And were nailed when Petrie wouldnt back Collins.

Collins got pelters for his signing policy and some where *****? Were they all his first, second or third choice? We'll never know or maybe we will. Either way, he didnt get anywhere near the players he wanted. Who do we back as a club?? What do you need to do to get backing from Petrie? He won us a cup...the only silverware we had gained in decades. STILL, he wasnt fully backed to the hilt.

Under Collins we were fit, we were sharp and we were fighting. We werent always great but we were far closer to Hibs than whatever the **** we are now. Collins main problems come from the "seasoned" (And I use this word loosely) "professionals" - aka, overpaid fat twats who couldn't (mostly) lace his boots as a player. They didnt like that AND to be fair, JC always was arrogant. It comes with a winning mentality.

We would do much worse than having Collins back. He was the last man to win us anything and the last man to have us looking anything like winners. Tommy Craig can piss off, he didnt help but with the right man, Collins could do a job for us again.

Big Eck??? Hmm...standing in the centre circle, "I'll be here as long as you need me" as we won 3-0 that day. Didnt last long did he?? Bolt.

Either way, Butcher and Malpas have proven they have no plan B...other than hoofball. If possible, get them both to fek with Petrie.

:agree:

I agree with your post - especially the last part. It's a stark contrast to JC who would think nothing of altering both the personnel and the tactics as early as 20 mins into the game if things weren't working out.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Completely agree with your post, though I can't believe McLeish still gets pulled up for that - the same thing happened with Mowbray. Both made statements that were simply designed to take any speculation surrounding them at that time away, so we as fans could enjoy what the team had achieved. Did you honestly think they would stay forever? Folk would have wanted them out the door quick enough had they stayed and things then gone sour.

Other than that, very good post. Collins was a very good Hibs manager.

Golden Bear
28-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Completely agree with your post, though I can't believe McLeish still gets pulled up for that - the same thing happened with Mowbray. Both made statements that were simply designed to take any speculation surrounding them at that time away, so we as fans could enjoy what the team had achieved. Did you honestly think they would stay forever? Folk would have wanted them out the door quick enough had they stayed and things then gone sour.

I heard from a source who heard from a source who heard from a source that JC has already been approached to take over as Manager.

Personally I think it's nonsense mainly because there is no way he'd return as long as RP continues to exert any form of influence at ER

heretoday
28-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately Butcher is going nowhere.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2014, 01:33 PM

I heard from a source who heard from a source who heard from a source that JC has already been approached to take over as Manager.

Personally I think it's nonsense mainly because there is no way he'd return as long as RP continues to exert any form of influence at ER

Sadly, I think you're right. But I feel he would have been ideal for us right now.

Regardless of their troubles at the moment, both Rangers and Hearts have important people working within the clubs that give them a strong sense of identity - we are completely rudderless.

Lester B
28-05-2014, 02:17 PM
As I said we are all entitled to our own opinions unfortunately Some so called Hibs Supporters have very little patience. In the real world it takes time to adjust when changing things this would include our Management team. Where do we draw a line. Half of the support wanted rid of Pat Fenlon add to the list Yogi, Mixu and even the Great Pat Stanton. I am hurting as much as anyone having followed the Hibs for over 50 years. We have been a VERY POOR TEAM for a number of years now but we never seem to learn. Every Hibs supporter will want a different Manager and if they are not happy with the appointment all they will do is shout abuse and want rid off. Give the Man a chance. WE ALL KNOW it has been a terrible start for TB but lets see what signings come along if he is the same after 6 months and there is little or no improvement thats the time to make a move for replacements. We will have trouble appointing a top class Manager for our club as it seems to be jinxed, unfortunately part of the problem is some of our Fans. I dont like what Im watching either. I stay near Dundee and the reason I followed Hibs was that they played very attractive football in the Eddie Turnbull era.

I have no patience anymore, not even very little. You are ignoring the main thrust of the argument. No one, not Calderwood, Fenlon, Duffy, no one has created such a meltdown in terms of both results and absolute obvious lack of any kind of tactics or motivation. Until Butcher. Butcher loves to be thought of as a management expert. Then he should be aware of the business speak cliche 'You do what you've always done then you'll get what you've always got'.

And you will not get anywhere referring to people who disagree with your view as 'so called Hibs supporters'

ekhibee
28-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Sergio was an excellent manager and he'd go right to the top of my list if he was available but I don't know if he is right now.

Lago
28-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Dont think anyone expected tnem to stay forever, but maybe just a tad longer would have been nice

Wellbankhibby
28-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I have no patience anymore, not even very little. You are ignoring the main thrust of the argument. No one, not Calderwood, Fenlon, Duffy, no one has created such a meltdown in terms of both results and absolute obvious lack of any kind of tactics or motivation. Until Butcher. Butcher loves to be thought of as a management expert. Then he should be aware of the business speak cliche 'You do what you've always done then you'll get what you've always got'. And you will not get anywhere referring to people who disagree with your view as 'so called Hibs supporters' I have specifically mentioned so called supporters as some people on this site have said quite clearly that if butcher remains in post as hibs boss they wont be back. What would you call someone who will not go to see the team. THEY CANT BE CALLED SUPPORTERS. The word Supporter to me means TO SUPPORT the Team. I rest my case.

Waxy
28-05-2014, 06:44 PM
I have decided that i will go no matter what next season. My reason for going is for my fellow Hibs supporters.We are Hibs.Starving the club of cash will only make things much worse. We can still work on getting certain people out of the club whilst carrying on.there is hardly any time to get things together for next year. It would be best if Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and the other imposter youth coaches stood up this week and resigned for failing bigtime at their jobs. I'm absolutely distraught at going down.

Swedish hibee
28-05-2014, 07:39 PM
I want Butcher out NOW.

marleyhib
28-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Here's the last 12.

Terry Butcher
Pat Fenlon
Colin Calderwood
John Hughes
Mixu Paatelainen
John Collins
Tony Mowbray
Bobby Williamson
Franck Sauzée
Alex McLeish
Jim Duffy
Alex Miller

I honestly think the last decent manager we had was Mowbray, that will be 8 years ago this year. Mixu should have been given longer.

Butcher's been a disaster but he inherited a team that's been heading towards relegation for years and has had some of the worst results in our history. We were saved by Sparky last season who carried the team. Losing John Park to Celtic in 2007 has also played a large part in our decline.

On Sunday I wanted Butcher sacked, now I'm not so sure. It's undoubtedly time for a massive rebuild on and off the pitch, should Butcher stay? If he's broken no, if he stays and fights and builds his team who knows.

I've bought my season ticket for next year and I'm not going to cancel it if he stays.

Blocks Biloxi
29-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Sergio was an excellent manager and he'd go right to the top of my list if he was available but I don't know if he is right now.

He's at Apoel Nicosia

EDIT: he got sacked at the tail-end of last year!

Jones28
29-05-2014, 12:37 AM
If he hasn't gone now then he's going nowhere by the looks of things.

spike220
29-05-2014, 08:13 AM

JC

GoldenEagle
29-05-2014, 08:32 AM

I'd say the opposite and suggest he's on gardening leave and will officially be bulleted when Leeann Dempster joins.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Anyone who's style of football is in the 21st century.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Dont think anyone expected tnem to stay forever, but maybe just a tad longer would have been nice

McLeish and Mowbray both stayed for 2+ years before going on to bigger jobs, whilst leaving us in a better state than they found us. If we had had more managers like them we wouldn't be where we are now.

s.a.m
29-05-2014, 08:54 AM
McLeish and Mowbray both stayed for 2+ years before going on to bigger jobs, whilst leaving us in a better state than they found us. If we had had more managers like them we wouldn't be where we are now.

And both of them went on to fail elsewhere. I think there's a lot of chance involved in finding the manager that's right for any club at a given time, and at least some of the success or failure is down to factors outwith their control. There are choices that are plain stupid, but there are also guys who seemed like the right fit, but failed.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2014, 09:09 AM
And both of them went on to fail elsewhere. I think there's a lot of chance involved in finding the manager that's right for any club at a given time, and at least some of the success or failure is down to factors outwith their control. There are choices that are plain stupid, but there are also guys who seemed like the right fit, but failed.

Both had success elsewhere also, McLeish some quite considerable ones.

But yes, a point I have always made is that there are very few managers in the world who have enjoyed success everywhere they've been, and appointments for clubs such as us will always be a risk - as you point out, there is a large number of variables that need to fall into place in order for things to work out, not always within a manager's control.

Despite this, many people are always quick to label managers as either "good" or "bad", despite the fact that 99% of the managers out there will have chequered pasts. I said when Butcher was appointed that it didn't matter a jot what he did before coming to ER, it only mattered what happened after he started here. Sadly it has been a disaster so far.

Lester B
29-05-2014, 03:12 PM
I have specifically mentioned so called supporters as some people on this site have said quite clearly that if butcher remains in post as hibs boss they wont be back. What would you call someone who will not go to see the team. THEY CANT BE CALLED SUPPORTERS. The word Supporter to me means TO SUPPORT the Team. I rest my case.

Sorry I missed your response. I've said that very thing: that I won't be back whilst Butcher is there. Am I a so called supporter? Say yes. I dare you. Go on.

What would I call them? A disillusioned supporter. A hurt supporter. I emailed my mate in London who doesn't go to games to tell him he isn't a supporter. He readily agreed and has taken up nude cross country Scrabble as his new hobby. He says thanks btw.

And two more things:

No one says I rest my case. Even when they have made a case. Which you haven't. It's the verbose version of the hideous 'Nuff said'

I'd get that caps lock button fixed if I were you

nribs
29-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I have specifically mentioned so called supporters as some people on this site have said quite clearly that if butcher remains in post as hibs boss they wont be back. What would you call someone who will not go to see the team. THEY CANT BE CALLED SUPPORTERS. The word Supporter to me means TO SUPPORT the Team. I rest my case.
Not everybody can go to football games these days for a number of reasons I.e finances, distance, I'll health, family commitments. They may still contribute through buying merchandise or having Sky TV package. I think everybody deserves a voice even if they can attend buy choose not to.

One Day Soon
29-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Sorry I missed your response. I've said that very thing: that I won't be back whilst Butcher is there. Am I a so called supporter? Say yes. I dare you. Go on.

What would I call them? A disillusioned supporter. A hurt supporter. I emailed my mate in London who doesn't go to games to tell him he isn't a supporter. He readily agreed and has taken up nude cross country Scrabble as his new hobby. He says thanks btw.

And two more things:

No one says I rest my case. Even when they have made a case. Which you haven't. It's the verbose version of the hideous 'Nuff said'

Strictly speaking, yes. I can understand your position though, even if I don't agree with it.

Wellbankhibby
29-05-2014, 05:05 PM

And two more things:

There is NO EXCUSE to say you will boycott HIBS games because you dont like the Manager. FACT

Wellbankhibby
29-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Not everybody can go to football games these days for a number of reasons I.e finances, distance, I'll health, family commitments. They may still contribute through buying merchandise or having Sky TV package. I think everybody deserves a voice even if they can attend buy choose not to.

I take your point and agree with you. There are indeed lots of ways of supporting the club
My quote was to these people who have stated they will not be back should TB continue to be Manager. By no means can anyone say they are a supporter if they are boycotting games.
As a club we need to bring as many people through the gates as possible. I count myself as a supporter as like many I buy merchandise but I have missed games as I have to travel from the Dundee area. One thing I will Never do is Boycott games because Im unhappy. Lets be honest none of us are happy just now in fact we as a club have been dreadful for years. Im hurting as well and there is no doubt that TB has made very poor decisions but we have to look at the so called players many of them did not even try to win the last game and it is my belief that the players themselves were VERY unprofessional in their actions. I am sure they feel that by us being relegated TB will be sacked which still may happen. It makes me very sad and angry the way things are going between players, the board and management.

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Petrie picks who the fans want more often than not.

Exactly, but we reserve the right to criticise him when that manager turn out to be another dud :greengrin

eastterrace
29-05-2014, 06:51 PM

And two more things:

you would then become a FAN of hibernian not a supporter. im not knocking you if thats what you want to do.

patch1875
29-05-2014, 07:20 PM
I like us to scour Europe for an unknown up and coming young manager Dutch, German etc who can bring new and fresh ideas instead of the dull pish we have been subjected to.

Ianhibee
29-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Agreed

Lester B
30-05-2014, 12:24 AM
There is NO EXCUSE to say you will boycott HIBS games because you dont like the Manager. FACT

Caps lock still a problem huh? I didn't use the word boycott by the way. I don't encourage anyone else to not go and nor will I. Because 'I dont [sic] like the Manager [sic again sadly]' ? I think the manager is an arrogant, useless oaf who cannot motivate or set up a team in any tactical sense. The man has delusions of adequacy and personally I am not sitting watching him ruin this club any longer. There is no excuse? None? You are not serious surely.

Anyway I have some nice hay here. You want to get off your high horse so I can feed it?

yeezus.
30-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Appoint Simon Grayson.

Wellbankhibby
30-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Caps lock still a problem huh? I didn't use the word boycott by the way. I don't encourage anyone else to not go and nor will I. Because 'I dont [sic] like the Manager [sic again sadly]' ? I think the manager is an arrogant, useless oaf who cannot motivate or set up a team in any tactical sense. The man has delusions of adequacy and personally I am not sitting watching him ruin this club any longer. There is no excuse? None? You are not serious surely.

Anyway I have some nice hay here. You want to get off your high horse so I can feed it?

I will agree to disagree with you. You obviously take things personally when someone has a different opinion from you. Its no wonder that the team and club suffer when they have part time fans as you. By the way I don't have a HORSE and I don't take the hump but I'm off to feed my Camel. I think the club are probably better off without you if that's your decision. Sorry about the capitals.

nribs
30-05-2014, 07:52 AM
I will agree to disagree with you. You obviously take things personally when someone has a different opinion from you. Its no wonder that the team and club suffer when they have part time fans as you. By the way I don't have a HORSE and I don't take the hump but I'm off to feed my Camel. I think the club are probably better off without you if that's your decision. Sorry about the capitals.Also FACT as you put it would be 2+2=4 where there can be no argument. People can choose when to go to Hibs games and when no to. Sometimes people need a time out from football/hibs so they can fall in love with the team again.