PDA

View Full Version : Mike Reilly Interview

IanM
27-05-2014, 12:37 PM
From the 4 in hand twitter page..

@FourInHandHSC - Mike Reilly, Hibs Supporter chief on radio saying big annoucement at end of week! Hopefully Butcher and petrie out

Anyone know what was said exactly in the interview, or was that it?

Lmc2105
27-05-2014, 12:40 PM
From the 4 in hand twitter page..

@FourInHandHSC - Mike Reilly, Hibs Supporter chief on radio saying big annoucement at end of week! Hopefully Butcher and petrie out

Anyone know what was said exactly in the interview, or was that it?

Few of our Admin's have been Re-tweeting stuff left right and centre on this, When i asked what this was about something was said on the Radio this morning, but i believe that this relates to the Article written in the Daily Record this morning.

I have already had the DR on the phone this morning asking what happened in the meeting however we never knew of any meeting and i confirmed that to him. So all in all i have not the slighest idea what happened last night.

As per the Hibs.net announcment this morning, we will also be sending the Board an e-mail stating that we as a Branch also have no confidence in Mr Petrie and we would like to see change,

El Presidente. :aok:

tartanhibee
27-05-2014, 12:43 PM
The end of the week!!!

Want action now our club is giving us nothing and appear to be burying its head in the sand hopeing we go away.

MrSmith
27-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Our big announcements usually end up as bricks in a wall! Wouldn't get overly carried away!

JimBHibees
27-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Heard a bit on the radio this morning where he was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'well fan ownership seems to have worked ok at Hearts'. Which I didnt quite get as they are assuming they come out of admin solely owned by Ann Budge and fan ownership would only kick in 4 or 5 years time. :confused:

IanM
27-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Few of our Admin's have been Re-tweeting stuff left right and centre on this, When i asked what this was about something was said on the Radio this morning, but i believe that this relates to the Article written in the Daily Record this morning.

I have already had the DR on the phone this morning asking what happened in the meeting however we never knew of any meeting and i confirmed that to him. So all in all i have not the slighest idea what happened last night.

As per the Hibs.net announcment this morning, we will also be sending the Board an e-mail stating that we as a Branch also have no confidence in Mr Petrie and we would like to see change,

El Presidente. :aok:

cheers!

I read the DR article after posting this.. sometimes hard to work out what's been said when!

I'm hoping for many 'big' announcements in the coming days
:agree:

Vini1875
27-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Mike Reilly doesn't seem that media savvy to me and he just seems to shoot from the hip when asked to comment on things. I have no doubt he is a good guy who works hard on behalf of the association, but the media are looking for blood and sensational headlines. Much better for us to keep our powder dry. If there are fans who are willing to take over the club, then it is probably the best time to do it, but not through the media outlets. An offer to Petrie and Farmer done through the proper channels is the way to go.

EdinMike
27-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Why anyone would listen to Reilly, or let him speak on behalf of Hibernian supporters..

Leithenhibby
27-05-2014, 01:30 PM
The end of the week!!!

Want action now our club is giving us nothing and appear to be burying its head in the sand hopeing we go away.

Chill, it'll all come out in he wash :agree:

Mike Reilly doesn't seem that media savvy to me and he just seems to shoot from the hip when asked to comment on things. I have no doubt he is a good guy who works hard on behalf of the association, but the media are looking for blood and sensational headlines. Much better for us to keep our powder dry. If there are fans who are willing to take over the club, then it is probably the best time to do it, but not through the media outlets. An offer to Petrie and Farmer done through the proper channels is the way to go.

THIS.

Lets not go down the road of page after page of newspaper "stories", as I'm sure they will manipulate to suit............

Thecat23
27-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Why anyone would listen to Reilly, or let him speak on behalf of Hibernian supporters..

He's spot on this time. Only thing I don't want is fan ownership I personally think that's s disaster. But that's just me!

Glorious St Pat
27-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Because Mike is the elected Chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association. Spoke yo him briefly on Sunday and he did mention something was afoot. Fair play to him, action is required and I for one cannot trust anything this board says or does anymore.

Radical change is required not another PR exercise or shuffling the deck chairs again on a sinking sink.

Get him and that "prehistoric hoofball" merchant away from our club...NOW!

Diclonius
27-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Between the hibs.net announcement and approval from other SCs, talk of a petition and this, it's good to see we as the fans have finally decided something has to be done. I expect the board thought they could sit tight and wait for it all to blow over as per usual - us not taking their **** will be a major culture shock to them.

Long may it continue. :aok:

MB62
27-05-2014, 01:43 PM
End of the week = Friday 1st June = the official date of Leanne Dempster starting her new post.

southsider
27-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Well he is the chairman of the supporters association who has been elected chairman by us, the members, so that gives him a little clout. Anyway what he said was basically spot-on and lots of us agree with his statement.

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 02:14 PM
He doesn't speak for me.

Reaper
27-05-2014, 02:16 PM
;4033974']He doesn't speak for me.

This. How do you become a member? Ive no problem with supporters associations but it needs to be made clear when he speaks he speaks for the association. Not ALL supporters.

J-C
27-05-2014, 02:55 PM
End of the week = Friday 1st June = the official date of Leanne Dempster starting her new post.

You'd better check what calendar you're using ss Friday is the 30th May

Kato
27-05-2014, 03:21 PM
fan ownership seems to have worked ok at Hearts'.

Did he say that?

If he did there something far wrong with his perception as Hearts aren't owned by the fans and therefore can be no indication as whether it has worked or not.

JimBHibees
27-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Did he say that?

If he did there something far wrong with his perception as Hearts aren't owned by the fans and therefore can be no indication as whether it has worked or not.

Yes he did which made no sense at all given they arent owned by the fans. Seemed a very odd thing to say.

Jim44
27-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Whenever I hear Reilly or read about him, despite supposedly acting for the supporters, he invariably answers with, in my opinion, I believe, if it was left to me. Nooooooooooo Mr Reilly, you've been asked to report on behalf of the fans.

Brizo
27-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Yes he did which made no sense at all given they arent owned by the fans. Seemed a very odd thing to say.

Im sure he does his best and puts a lot of work into making the Hibs club a barry social club. But as a representative of the fans speaking on our behalf to the media he is totally out of his depth.

Ive seen him in action on various occasions at HSA and Hibs club events and he's not the sharpest tool in the box. Mike Riley doesn't speak for me. Having heard various of his addresses he seems to have difficulty speaking for himself. Reminds me of an inarticulate Captain Mainwaring in a green blazer.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Anyone got a link to the DR article in question

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Im sure he does his best and puts a lot of work into making the Hibs club a barry social club. But as a representative of the fans speaking on our behalf to the media he is totally out of his depth.

Ive seen him in action on various occasions at HSA and Hibs club events and he's not the sharpest tool in the box. Mike Riley doesn't speak for me. Having heard various of his addresses he seems to have difficulty speaking for himself. Reminds me of an inarticulate Captain Mainwaring in a green blazer.

Give the guy a break ffs! he's not on my Xmas card list but at least it's a voice that's being heard not some folk effing and blinding outside the ground.

YehButNoBut
27-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Anyone got a link to the DR article in question

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284561-Will-Fan-Power-Be-Able-To-Oust-Petrie-amp-Butcher

Billy Whizz
27-05-2014, 06:05 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284561-Will-Fan-Power-Be-Able-To-Oust-Petrie-amp-Butcher

Thanks

marinello59
27-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Could we cut out the personal attacks please. All that matters is the issues at hand.

Pray4Marc
27-05-2014, 06:11 PM
First of all, I had no idea who this Mike Reilly was until a friend pointed him out too me outside the protest after the Killie. He was not a part of this protest, he casually walked out of hospitality (free imagine) with a smug look on his face, also managed to verbally abuse a carer who was looking after a disabled old man. "Shut it ya ****" "You no nothing" "Stupid b****"

You no what they say about first impressions, vile and arrogant.

He then runs to the press AFTER we a relegated stating the problems. It says in your "job" title that you are representing the fans? The majority of Hibs fans don't no you exist. We have been stating the problems from a board level for years, on hibs.net and other social media but not a word from our apparent "representative". From my reading of the article, Mikes trying to get himself an even cosier position on the board. This man should be removed from any position within the club.

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 06:19 PM
First of all, I had no idea who this Mike Reilly was until a friend pointed him out too me outside the protest after the Killie. He was not a part of this protest, he casually walked out of hospitality (free imagine) with a smug look on his face, also managed to verbally abuse a carer who was looking after a disabled old man. "Shut it ya ****" "You no nothing" "Stupid b****"

He then runs to the press AFTER we a relegated stating the problems. It says in your "job" title that you are representing the fans? The majority of Hibs fans don't no you exist. We have been stating the problems from a board level for years, on hibs.net and other social media but not a word from our apparent "representative". From my reading of the article, Mikes trying to get himself an even cosier position on the board. This man should be removed from any position within the club.

What board ?.

Winston Ingram
27-05-2014, 06:20 PM

:confused:

Winston Ingram
27-05-2014, 06:23 PM
This from yesterday...

http://youtu.be/HzwB5JKNppQ

Weststandwanab
27-05-2014, 06:25 PM
:confused:

Spot on - who do you represent ?

Brizo
27-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Im surprised at that to be honest. I think he is a buffoon but wouldn't have put him down for that type of behaviour.

Give the guy a break ffs! he's not on my Xmas card list but at least it's a voice that's being heard not some folk effing and blinding outside the ground.

Fair comment. Im not a fan of his but there is no doubting he is a genuine and dedicated fan of our club.

RIP
27-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I know we are all hurting and many are blindly lashing out but do fellow Hibs fans really deserve this kind of abuse?

The Hibs family have a large number of people who give up huge amounts of personal time for the cause. They don't look for gratitude and are generally willing to put their heads above the parapet and say what they think.

Doing nothing is not an option

Baldy Foghorn
27-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I know we are all hurting and many are blindly lashing out but do fellow Hibs fans really deserve this kind of abuse?

The Hibs family have a large number of people who give up huge amounts of personal time for the cause. They don't look for gratitude and are generally willing to put their heads above the parapet and say what they think.

Spot on:top marks

Pray4Marc
27-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Mike has done nothing his entire time at Hibs.

tamig
27-05-2014, 07:07 PM
The trams are meant to start running at the end of the week. Or are they? Maybe Mike knows something...

southsider
27-05-2014, 07:09 PM
This. How do you become a member? Ive no problem with supporters associations but it needs to be made clear when he speaks he speaks for the association. Not ALL supporters.
You pick a branch, pay your yearly subs £20 but you get £10 back in bar vouchers. Then use the club. If you want you can become a branch delegate and have an input on the running of the clu. Pretty easy.....up to you.

DarlingtonHibee
27-05-2014, 07:11 PM
This from yesterday...

http://youtu.be/HzwB5JKNppQ

I don't know the guy, but he does not speak for me.

That is cringeworthy :rolleyes:

He want's a supporter (assuming himself) to be on the board - please :faf:

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 07:22 PM

What exactly does that mean? He's not at Hibs?

Pretty Boy
27-05-2014, 07:39 PM
If Mike Reilly really is positioning himself for a seat on the board as some are suggesting then he's a braver man than me.

I don't know the guy, don't agree with much of what he has said in the past but if he is using his position to put pressure on Petrie then he is doing the right thing imo.

Greenworld
27-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Disagree he has worn his silly moustache

Pray4Marc
27-05-2014, 08:12 PM
If Mike Reilly really is positioning himself for a seat on the board as some are suggesting then he's a braver man than me.

I don't know the guy, don't agree with much of what he has said in the past but if he is using his position to put pressure on Petrie then he is doing the right thing imo.

This man has been non existent for years and years. Now that there's a potential opportunity, he's our saviour?. Please get him out of Hibs ASAP.

If there is too be a fan on the board, I am all for this. We deserve to at least have a say at the top table. But this person must have some experience in business (realistic with costs etc not a fantasist) this can't be a choice through nepotism.

Pretty Boy
27-05-2014, 08:15 PM
This man has been non existent for years and years. Now that there's a potential opportunity, he's our saviour?. Please get him out of Hibs ASAP.

If there is too be a fan on the board, I am all for this. We deserve to at least have a say at the top table. But this person must have some experience in business (realistic with costs etc not a fantasist) this can't be a choice through nepotism.

I didn't say he was a saviour.

And he's not 'in Hibs'. He's chairman of the Hibernian Supporters Association so he's an easy go to guy when the press want a few words.

Pray4Marc
27-05-2014, 08:22 PM
I didn't say he was a saviour.

And he's not 'in Hibs'. He's chairman of the Hibernian Supporters Association so he's an easy go to guy when the press want a few words.

I wasn't having a go. I dont want an easy to go guy, I want a voice for the supporters. Someone who would have went to the press years ago and put pressure on the board if needed. He comes out now as a voice for the supporters, what about earlier in this season were we could all see the ship sinking, even after 5-1 he should have been at the press. He is clearly trying to position himself and gain support from the fans as we are baying for blood.

marinello59
27-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Mike Reilly shouldn't be a target here , people at the club should. If he is applying more pressure then good on him.

Forza Fred
27-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Mike Reilly shouldn't be a target here , people at the club should. If he is applying more pressure then good on him.

Exactly

I met Mike Reilly for the first time last year when back for the cup final, and found him to be a decent bloke.

It appears, if he says nothing, he is damned for 'doing nowt' and if he DOES answer the calls of the media, he is lambasted for (a) speaking on behalf of everyone, or (b) qualifying his answers to make clear he is NOT speaking on behalf of everyone!

No doubt I will not agree with everything Mike thinks, and equally he will disagree with a lot I think....just like many do on this board, but he IS one of us, and is not responsible for the mess we are in.

OTHERS deserve our anger.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-05-2014, 08:39 PM

he's just not savvy. end of.

Winston Ingram
27-05-2014, 08:44 PM

Absolutely.

I know nothing about the guy but he appears to be an elected head of an organisation of Hibs fans who aren't prepared to sit on their hands and let the main protagonists of this situation get away scot free.

GreenCastle
27-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Some so called fans on here need to get a grip.

While Mike Reilly may not be Einstein he does help keep together a strong element of our support with the work he does behind the scenes.

The problem I find with all this criticism is that many here aren't doing anything but instead just complaining behind a computer screen. It's easy to moan and give no solutions.

Be proactive - get involved and do something yourselves rather than taking sly digs at a fellow Hibs fan.

The support must stay together right now as all the blame should be towards STF / RP / TB and MM.

Waxy
27-05-2014, 08:47 PM
This from yesterday...

http://youtu.be/HzwB5JKNppQHe looks like Petrie from the nose down.

Forza Fred
27-05-2014, 08:52 PM
He looks like Petrie from the nose down.

Perhaps under fan ownership moustaches will be banned from Easter Road?

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Mike's a decent bloke. I also don't agree with everything he says but he's got the right intentions. Some harsh comments on here I think

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 08:57 PM
What exactly does that mean? He's not at Hibs?

:I'm waiti

ekhibee
27-05-2014, 08:59 PM

If that's what he said firstly it's absolutely disgraceful, and secondly there's absolutely no way he should be representing Hibs fans in any capacity IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
27-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Perhaps under fan ownership moustaches will be banned from Easter Road?

What about goatees? Sounds a bit UKIP ish:greengrin

garlic
27-05-2014, 09:02 PM
It means he has no official position at Hibs. He represents the supporter clubs.The press seem to go to him as representative of Hibs fans in general.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Some so called fans on here need to get a grip.

While Mike Reilly may not be Einstein he does help keep together a strong element of our support with the work he does behind the scenes.

The problem I find with all this criticism is that many here aren't doing anything but instead just complaining behind a computer screen. It's easy to moan and give no solutions.

Be proactive - get involved and do something yourselves rather than taking sly digs at a fellow Hibs fan.

The support must stay together right now as all the blame should be towards STF / RP / TB and MM.

:agree:

147lothian
27-05-2014, 09:54 PM
I've met Mike Reilly a few times, I can't say I like him or dislike him. All I can say is that Mike Reilly and also very our own BFH were good, when speaking to the camera, got the message out there regarding Petrie from a fans perspective very well, IMO, that's all that matters to me, Petries presence has done enough damage to the club, im for any initiative to remove him

tamig
27-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I wasn't having a go. I dont want an easy to go guy, I want a voice for the supporters. Someone who would have went to the press years ago and put pressure on the board if needed. He comes out now as a voice for the supporters, what about earlier in this season were we could all see the ship sinking, even after 5-1 he should have been at the press. He is clearly trying to position himself and gain support from the fans as we are baying for blood.

Did Mike Reilly do something to offend you in a previous life - or are you maybe confusing him with some other guy called Mike? You don't appear to be a fan of his.

lucky
27-05-2014, 11:21 PM
As the chairman of the HSA I think he is a good point of contact for the press wanting the views of a fans representative. Some of the negative pish on here about him is cringeworthy. He's a supporter who as well as following Hibs helps run the supporters club as a volunteer. He may not be the " voice" of all Hibs supporters but as the chair of the Hibs supporters association I think he has the right to speak out.

heretoday
27-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Keep the fans off the board. That's been tried before and it's a nonsense.

Professionals run the club and we follow. And we criticise.

WHUHibs
28-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Keep the fans off the board. That's been tried before and it's a nonsense.

Professionals run the club and we follow. And we criticise.

There could be an announcement that STF son is taking over the reins also he allegedly doesn't get on well with our Rod. This transition could be something that brings the club together and prevent the in fighting.

Normally when Rod has had incredible pressure in the past something is brought out that will quell the masses.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago and I believe even if it's not the announcement then at a certain stage in the near future it will happen.

Bringing I in a new CEO and changing the ownership structure is a natural progression.

GreenLake
28-05-2014, 05:40 AM
There could be an announcement that STF son is taking over the reins also he allegedly doesn't get on well with our Rod. This transition could be something that brings the club together and prevent the in fighting.

Normally when Rod has had incredible pressure in the past something is brought out that will quell the masses.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago and I believe even if it's not the announcement then at a certain stage in the near future it will happen.

Bringing I in a new CEO and changing the ownership structure is a natural progression.

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

gorgie greens
28-05-2014, 05:49 AM

Does anyone know if STF son is a fan ,and does he share the fans passion and the feeling of being constantly let down by the club,every time we have a massive crowd the team goes in to self destruct.Hope he is a fan and can bend his old mans ear ,make sure we have the funds not only to get us back up at first attempt but to give us our true place where we fans feel we belong which is up at the top .

Allant1981
28-05-2014, 06:49 AM
I watched tbe interview on you tube last night(think its the same one) and it just seems like the most pointless interview, someone who is in his position should be used to speaking to people by now and it just seems like they pulled some random guy off the street, wasnt very informitive at all

Geo_1875
28-05-2014, 09:28 AM
As the chairman of the HSA I think he is a good point of contact for the press wanting the views of a fans representative. Some of the negative pish on here about him is cringeworthy. He's a supporter who as well as following Hibs helps run the supporters club as a volunteer. He may not be the " voice" of all Hibs supporters but as the chair of the Hibs supporters association I think he has the right to speak out.

But unfortunately it is rarely mentioned that he represents the Hibernian Supporters Association and not all Hibernian Supporters. He also represents that association, not the views of it's members.

Pray4Marc
28-05-2014, 09:53 AM

You say he's a good point of contact, where's he been the last 6 months? Even after Malmo or before that, nowhere. The interview is amateur at best, perhaps having someone who is qualified doing the role, someone with experience. People may say he was elected for his position? Problem is the majority of the Hibs support don't no who he is. Couple of his mates vote him in?.

MrSmith
28-05-2014, 10:04 AM
You say he's a good point of contact, where's he been the last 6 months? Even after Malmo or before that, nowhere. The interview is amateur at best, perhaps having someone who is qualified doing the role, someone with experience. People may say he was elected for his position? Problem is the majority of the Hibs support don't no who he is. Couple of hismates vote him in?.

Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? Whether he was voted in by mates or not, I would assume it was a democratic vote and he was put in place therefore, he has a right to speak for Hibs fans as he is the chair! If folk don't like it then, join the association and change it! If I recall correctly, he was blasted on here for speaking out against the management and board at ER within the last year.

Pray4Marc
28-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? Whether he was voted in by mates or not, I would assume it was a democratic vote and he was put in place therefore, he has a right to speak for Hibs fans as he is the chair! If folk don't like it then, join the association and change it! If I recall correctly, he was blasted on here for speaking out against the management and board at ER within the last year.

If I recall correctly he told protestors outside the west stand after The Killie game to "shut the **** up". "Support the board". I again state he was not a part of this protest, casually walking out hospitality. Looked like he didn't give a ****. Also managed to abuse a disabled carer in the process.

WHUHibs
28-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know if STF son is a fan ,and does he share the fans passion and the feeling of being constantly let down by the club,every time we have a massive crowd the team goes in to self destruct.Hope he is a fan and can bend his old mans ear ,make sure we have the funds not only to get us back up at first attempt but to give us our true place where we fans feel we belong which is up at the top .

Yes he is a big fan!

Hermit Crab
28-05-2014, 01:28 PM

It was a dubious vote that got him in and he doesn't attend away games. Won't say anymore i'll end up in trouble.

DAZ86
28-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Could we cut out the personal attacks please. All that matters is the issues at hand.

Absolutely.