PDA

View Full Version : Now the dust has semi settled

Green&White
27-05-2014, 08:51 AM
now the dust has settled i find myself slightly more excited about the next season of football than i have in years. a much more competitive league, new teams to play rather than the same ones over and over, still have the edinburgh derby. hibs and hearts both having whole new teams.

certainly from a spectatorial stance its new, fresh and quite exciting.

dont get me wrong im still raging and want butcher, petrie out but im trying extremely hard to find the positives of our situation.

just got to hope we aren't let down yet again and make a good go of it.

tin hat on....

Ozyhibby
27-05-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm happy for you.

DarrenSQH
27-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Im pretty sure you will be bored by our 2nd or 3rd season going to wonderful places like Cowdenbeath...

hibs4thecup1988
27-05-2014, 09:00 AM
I'm happy for you.

Oh dear a positive post and shot down...

Diclonius
27-05-2014, 09:01 AM
The Championship may well be an enjoyable league IF we get our **** together, get good proven quality signings EARLY in the window, start winning games, do Hearts over 4 times this season and most importantly make a good push for promotion.

Unfortunately this will not happen with the current chairman we have. He needs to be removed from his position immediately. The incumbent manager/scapegoat does not matter.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2014, 09:42 AM
now the dust has settled i find myself slightly more excited about the next season of football than i have in years. a much more competitive league, new teams to play rather than the same ones over and over, still have the edinburgh derby. hibs and hearts both having whole new teams.

dont get me wrong im still raging and want butcher, petrie out but im trying extremely hard to find the positives of our situation.

tin hat on....

you'd think petrie had planned it :hmmm:

i really wish Dunfy had beaten coodenbeath the other week now, always a good wee day out in Dunfy and now my niece has a house just down from the ground would have been ideal for getting the car parked :greengrin

cleanyman
27-05-2014, 10:16 AM
You say that now.....

But then the reality sets in. We'll have our 4 games against Hearts and Rangers but on the otherhand we'll have games against Alloa...Dumbarton....Cowdenbeath.

delbert
27-05-2014, 10:28 AM

tin hat on....

A much more competitive league, that's surely a worry for starters, we have been the biggest soft touches and most uncompetitive team in Scotland for years, just ask Raith, QOS, Malmo, Hearts, pretty much anyone who has played us. I can't remember the last time I watched a Hibs game, particularly at Easter Road, and thought 'these guys are really up for it today' - well not unless I was talking about the opposition. There is a chance, all things being equal, that 2 will come up from Sevco, the ****bos and us, I'm guessing I already know who the bookies will have as Number 3 out of that lot and they are rarely wrong

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2014, 10:30 AM
You say that now.....

But then the reality sets in. We'll have our 4 games against Hearts and Rangers but on the otherhand we'll have games against Alloa...Dumbarton....Cowdenbeath.I'd prefer to play Alloa, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath than Hearts and Rangers. We also must lose the notion that they are diddy teams and we aren't, we are just as bad as them right now and deserve to be playing in the league with them.

NatureBoy
27-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm more concerned it might be competitive at the wrong end of the division for us. Mark my words if Petrie is still pulling the strings relegation will be far more likely than promotion. Realistically we'll languish in mid table, while getting horsed 4 times of Hearts, oh the joys sign me up!

johnbc70
27-05-2014, 10:39 AM
It is the competive nature that worries me.

WhileTheChief..
27-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Far too soon for these kind of threads. Folk are still hurting and emotions are running high.

Plenty time for this crap chat nearer the start of the season.

Green&White
27-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Far too soon for these kind of threads. Folk are still hurting and emotions are running high.

Plenty time for this crap chat nearer the start of the season.

brilliant cheers. wont happen again....:rolleyes:

Sylar
27-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Im pretty sure you will be bored by our 2nd or 3rd season going to wonderful places like Cowdenbeath...

Perhaps but can you really tell me you're not already currently fed up visiting places like Paisley, Kilmarnock, Perth, East Glasgow, Dundee...(with no disrespect to any of those places/teams).

Repetition and monotony is part and parcel of Scottish football, irrespective of league/opposition.

VivaHiberņa
27-05-2014, 11:37 AM
brilliant cheers. wont happen again....:rolleyes:

In fairness, I was thinking of starting a similar thread but thought I'd wait a month or so, get folk looking on the bright side in the run up to the new season. Right now I'm switching between complete depression and "oh well, some different away grounds at least" and can imagine people don't want to be hearing stuff like this yet. Lets get back to this in 6 weeks.