PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster to discuss swapping Premiership matches for Championship games on TV

marleyhib
27-05-2014, 07:53 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-offers-3611512

He is panicking.

I am sick of derbies being at lunchtime on a Sunday and on TV. I know it's down to cash but I'd rather have a full house at Easter Road at 3pm on a Saturday.

Gatecrasher
27-05-2014, 07:55 AM
I wonder how much he will pay them this time :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
27-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Unless we get paid (new Rangers don't) then we should tell them to bolt.

Scorrie
27-05-2014, 08:11 AM
According to the Scotsman, Alba have the derbies at the moment and these would be on a Friday night. BT and Sky to start bidding so we may get some TV money. Maybe that's why Petrie was grinning on Sunday?

gorgie greens
27-05-2014, 08:28 AM
According to the Scotsman, Alba have the derbies at the moment and these would be on a Friday night. BT and Sky to start bidding so we may get some TV money. Maybe that's why Petrie was grinning on Sunday?

He was grinning because he followed thru on a fart

The_Exile
27-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Derbys on a Friday night? I'm sure Lothian and Borders finest will be delighted with that :yw:

GloryGlory
27-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Derbys on a Friday night? I'm sure Lothian and Borders finest will be delighted with that :yw:

:agree: No way Police Scotland will sanction Hibs/Hearts v Rangers or Hibs v Hearts with a 7:45 p.m. KO on a Friday, with a whole afternoon and evening of drinking time before the match.

Joe Baker II
27-05-2014, 09:18 AM
The idiots from the police were opposing any Friday night games until recently, one would hope they would have sense not to make themselves even more foolish than they already looked by digging heals in again.

Will only get season ticket if there is a pro rata refund guaranteed for any subsequently arranged 1230ish kick offs and would urge all not to renew until this is guaranteed by the club.

GloryGlory
27-05-2014, 09:20 AM

He was grinning because he's now got 4 home games against Rangers and Hearts instead of 2 home games against Celtic. Probably calculates the gates and likely TV money will make up a lot of the lost revenue.

zlatan
27-05-2014, 09:32 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130103091743/angrybirds/images/5/55/Minion_pig_copy.png

Makaveli
27-05-2014, 09:36 AM
We're going to be on TV more than this year by the looks of it.

The 15 hun games will surely include 8 against us and hearts, so that's 4, then as it stands BBC would take the 4 derbies. So that's 8 so far...

Then BBC have another 12 that can't include the huns. Assume at least a third of those will involve us, and that's 12 from 36. :dunno:

dangermouse
27-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Time maybe for Hibs and Hearts fans to rise as one to oppose this nonsense.

Steve-O
27-05-2014, 09:49 AM
:agree: No way Police Scotland will sanction Hibs/Hearts v Rangers or Hibs v Hearts with a 7:45 p.m. KO on a Friday, with a whole afternoon and evening of drinking time before the match.

Police Scotland should just shut it and do as they're told!

Friday and Saturday night sports events happen all over the world, including in countries that have idiots that are drunk. Scottish Polis are scared of the day they've never seen. It's not 1980 any more.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2014, 10:02 AM
He was grinning because he's now got 4 home games against Rangers and Hearts instead of 2 home games against Celtic. Probably calculates the gates and likely TV money will make up a lot of the lost revenue.

actually, it would most likely have just been one home game against sellick next season

The Green Goblin
27-05-2014, 10:05 AM

Indeed, and yet the rumours (just rumours I know) are that we are drastically slashing the playing budget, plus people have paid full whack for a ST.

Green Fish
27-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Police Scotland should just shut it and do as they're told!

Friday and Saturday night sports events happen all over the world, including in countries that have idiots that are drunk. Scottish Polis are scared of the day they've never seen. It's not 1980 any more.

Not a clue, do you have the first idea how few cops are on the street

BH Hibs
27-05-2014, 10:19 AM
He's another one who shouldn't be in a job.