PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought !

Wakeyhibee
27-05-2014, 06:24 AM
With 3 of the biggest 5 now out of the top flight and with the TV companies probably worried about their future revenues, will those self serving tossers who run the game now look to reconstruction again? ie 4 or 6 up. It would make me laugh if these idiots back tracked on this after saying it was not viable. I'm not clutching at straws here we deserve to be where we are, so do the other 2 for other reasons, but this lot have only ever run the game for interests of the top teams and mostly for the OF and would look even more stupid (if that is possible) if they now reneged and did this

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 06:34 AM
There is no chance of that happening this season, even Doncaster could not find a way to cherry pick clubs from a lower division into the PL.

h185forever
27-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Doncaster couldn't find his Bawz in his own bag !

MacGruber
27-05-2014, 06:58 AM
No. They only really need The Rangers back. The TV companies don't give a **** about Hibs and Hearts. Save for a financial collapse The Rangers will be up next season anyway.

Wakeyhibee
27-05-2014, 07:24 AM
No. They only really need The Rangers back. The TV companies don't give a **** about Hibs and Hearts. Save for a financial collapse The Rangers will be up next season anyway.

:agree: only Rangers needed however they would have to look to be fair and there is no telling how any will perform next season at the moment with problems at all 3 teams. Can't see it at all myself, just wouldn't surprise me if it was mooted.

scuttle
27-05-2014, 07:38 AM
With 3 of the biggest 5 now out of the top flight and with the TV companies probably worried about their future revenues, will those self serving tossers who run the game now look to reconstruction again? ie 4 or 6 up. It would make me laugh if these idiots back tracked on this after saying it was not viable. I'm not clutching at straws here we deserve to be where we are, so do the other 2 for other reasons, but this lot have only ever run the game for interests of the top teams and mostly for the OF and would look even more stupid (if that is possible) if they now reneged and did this

We probably would finish 7th or 8th anyway mate ,the way things are going for us right now

Waxy
27-05-2014, 07:47 AM
If we'd got through that last minute, Butcher would have stayed and we'd probably been relegated next year. Looks like it was going to happen eventually under Petrie anyway.The playoffs could be a way back for us just as they proved a trapdoor this time.

SanFranHibs
27-05-2014, 08:37 AM

I have been talking to a Celtic bartender here in Paris for several months now and we have both said consistently Scotland needs to go back to a larger top league. I think all teams were guilty of being greedy thinking more premium games each season against the top few teams but it has failed miserably. No-one is getting near to knocking the old firm off the top, except for The Rangers themselves who have managed to turn it into a one horse race and like it or not Scotland needs a league with a decent Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton and a few more. And they need a bit of time to get settled in the top flight. And I think it would be better for the young players who in the present structure might be consigned to lower league football when at least they might be able to play against the 'SPL' quality teams year in year out.

Just my opinion but the shorter league and the split are a joke with pundits claiming it works because this year it happened to be so tight at the bottom of the league. At least back in the 80's teams did challenge, some falling at the last hurdle :greengrin, but something has to change. I don't care if it is this year as we deserve what we have just received.

I just think this 12 team league with a split is failing miserably. All it allowed was the old firm to beat us more times each season and prevent IF they were good enough the other 'big' teams winning more games against 'weaker' teams and staying a bit closer to the top of the league wit regards to points. That may sound like us trying to get the best of both worlds but it must help teams who are considered weaker or smaller if they can at least get a good run in the top division. And let's be honest, with what we have seen the past few months, if not years, that will include us.

Just my "ever so 'umble" opinion.

Wakeyhibee
27-05-2014, 09:26 AM
I have been talking to a Celtic bartender here in Paris for several months now and we have both said consistently Scotland needs to go back to a larger top league. I think all teams were guilty of being greedy thinking more premium games each season against the top few teams but it has failed miserably. No-one is getting near to knocking the old firm off the top, except for The Rangers themselves who have managed to turn it into a one horse race and like it or not Scotland needs a league with a decent Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton and a few more. And they need a bit of time to get settled in the top flight. And I think it would be better for the young players who in the present structure might be consigned to lower league football when at least they might be able to play against the 'SPL' quality teams year in year out.

Just my opinion but the shorter league and the split are a joke with pundits claiming it works because this year it happened to be so tight at the bottom of the league. At least back in the 80's teams did challenge, some falling at the last hurdle :greengrin, but something has to change. I don't care if it is this year as we deserve what we have just received.

I just think this 12 team league with a split is failing miserably. All it allowed was the old firm to beat us more times each season and prevent IF they were good enough the other 'big' teams winning more games against 'weaker' teams and staying a bit closer to the top of the league wit regards to points. That may sound like us trying to get the best of both worlds but it must help teams who are considered weaker or smaller if they can at least get a good run in the top division. And let's be honest, with what we have seen the past few months, if not years, that will include us.

Just my "ever so 'umble" opinion.

That's always been my argument the size of Scotland with Partick/Dunfy/Dundee and others in the wilderness for years, bigger teams (no disrespect) lost of a season or more is bad overall. Didn't want to turn this into a debate as it has been overdone. I was just wondering if they might be re-thinking now as it involves greed and the OF, as there is no guarantee The Rangers will be promoted next season with greater competition.

GlenrothesHibee
27-05-2014, 09:29 AM

3 of the 4 id say.

Sylar
27-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Why should the other clubs be deprived of their chance or discriminated against because there are 'big' clubs in the lower division?

Dundee and Hamilton have fought hard and earned their place in the Premiership, resulting in a very exciting end to both leagues. Why should it suddenly become easier for clubs to escape the Championship just because us, Hearts and The Rangers are down there? Tough s*** IMO - we're collectively there because it's where we deserve to be and we should deal with the fight we're faced with to get back up without any helping hand from the authorities.

We're no more or less deserving of a place in the top division simply because of previous status. Whilst there's no doubt the top league would be enriched by the inflated crowds provided by The Rangers, Hearts and ourselves is not enough to alter the structure of the league. Big clubs implode all the time and it's up to them to prove they're capable of upping their game and returning to the top league on merit alone.