PDA

View Full Version : Todays Scotsman article

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Not a great fan of the Scotsman normally but Simon Pia hits the nail on the head. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/buck-for-hibs-relegation-stops-with-rod-petrie-1-3422961

reversep
27-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Petrie will use Butcher for a week or so, to do the dirty work of getting shot of the dross.
New Chief Exec will then be allowed to sack Butcher and back room staff whilst Rod moves his chair
further round the boardroom table.
It will look to the fans like new Chief Exec is in charge, whilst all the time she,s just got a longer set
of strings fitted for Rod to tug.
He is a control freak he won,t change!

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Buck for Hibs relegation stops with Rod Petrie

Nail, hammer,heid

Meanwhile, as Hibs in the last two years have slipped and slithered through arguably their most woeful performances ever and managers have tumbled overboard, chairman Rod Petrie remains at the helm, strapped like Captain Ahab to the wheel as Hibs sink into the abyss.

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 06:44 AM
What i found staggering was the fact he had never been to a football match in his life before taking over at Hibs, WTF is that all about !.

patch1875
27-05-2014, 06:51 AM
I doubt the new chief exec would be coming unless she was getting full control hopefully she bins butcher on her first day.

Gustavo Fring
27-05-2014, 06:54 AM
I doubt the new chief exec would be coming unless she was getting full control hopefully she bins butcher on her first day.

id rather her 1st move was to send petrie on a 1 way trip to some remote desert island

erskine-hibby
27-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Good article.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Petrie will use Butcher for a week or so, to do the dirty work of getting shot of the dross.
New Chief Exec will then be allowed to sack Butcher and back room staff whilst Rod moves his chair
further round the boardroom table.
It will look to the fans like new Chief Exec is in charge, whilst all the time she,s just got a longer set
of strings fitted for Rod to tug.
He is a control freak he won,t change!

Do you work at Hibs by any chance? :wink:

The Harp Awakes
27-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Hibs have lost their soul and Rod Petrie is 100% culpable.

He must go now. Hibs fans must do all in our power to get him out. If that means hitting the Club in the pocket then so be it.

If he stays we are heading for oblivion.

Postman
27-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Great article. This for me sums up perfectly what is wrong at the club. Unbelievable that the man in charge of every decision at the club had never been to a football match before he took control. There cannot be another Chairman in world football where this is the case surely?!

Has to go or we will continue to endure season after season of failure whilst going through manager after manager who constantly have the blame put on them.

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Excellent article written by a true Hibby

Far more articulate and informed than clowns I like Bathgate and Banderson

Will it make a blind bit of difference to KING ROD ....... No

However everybody on this board should email him a link to the story and any other articles that make it blatant that HE is the biggest problem at the club

Rpetrie@hibernianfc.co.uk

The Gorf
27-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Was it my imagination, or was Petrie grinning as we were being relegated on the pitch on Sunday? It's almost like he had secretly put a wedge of dosh on Hibs to lose. I await the Petrie lovers splutterings over my thoughts.

Postman
27-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Was it my imagination, or was Petrie grinning as we were being relegated on the pitch on Sunday? It's almost like he had secretly put a wedge of dosh on Hibs to lose. I await the Petrie lovers splutterings over my thoughts.

Fairly certain there are very few of them around anymore!

Scottie
27-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Excellent article
As Petrie says the wind of change will sweep through ER soon :cb

Bean stealing *******

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Excellent article

Bean stealing *******The only wind at ER is mair wind along with pish fae him.

Kato
27-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Not a great fan of the Scotsman normally but Simon Pia hits the nail on the head. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/buck-for-hibs-relegation-stops-with-rod-petrie-1-3422961

Good article and Pia has been consistent in his views down the years.

Someone who doesn't understand even the basics of what is good or bad for a football should be no where near a football club.

IWasThere2016
27-05-2014, 07:54 AM
"But the last vestige of club spirit that had been withering under the current regime had finally expired"

"Now is the time to give it back to them, people with a passion for the club or, at the very least, someone with a genuine interest in football"

:top marks

F*** OFF PETRIE! :bye:

Islington Hibs
27-05-2014, 09:37 AM
spot on

Jpdhfc
27-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Great article. This for me sums up perfectly what is wrong at the club. Unbelievable that the man in charge of every decision at the club had never been to a football match before he took control. There cannot be another Chairman in world football where this is the case surely?!

Has to go or we will continue to endure season after season of failure whilst going through manager after manager who constantly have the blame put on them.

Not another owner in world football that has no interest in football take a bow mr farmer

Weststandwanab
27-05-2014, 10:31 AM

Come on RP has always been a rugger man much like Tim Gardiner !

Excellent article

Bean stealing *******
We count not steal

spot on
So spot on I agree with a journalist I rarely agree with.

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Grinning .... Smirking call it what you like

He had the same supercilious smirk on his pus as he waddled into East Mains with Leeann Dempster yesterday

No wonder fans detest him

He has intention of showing any remorse just likes to be in the spotlight as Billy Big Boots

He can GTF

lobster
27-05-2014, 10:56 AM

A good example of what's wrong not only at Hibernian Football Club but British capitalism - too many accountants and economists on the board with too much power.

ekhibee
27-05-2014, 11:00 AM
The Petrie situation epitomizes how big the problems are at our club. At the end of the day, our owner doesn't have an interest in football, and HE appointed him. But unless there is someone out there prepared to invest in the club, and more specifically the team, we are where we are at the moment and there will be no change at the top. Tom Farmer won't sell to just anybody either, whoever wants to invest will probably have to have a secure financial background. The other alternative is a move towards widescale fan ownership, and that appeals to a lot of people too, but not sure how much revenue would be available for players on a regular basis that way.

Stonewall
27-05-2014, 11:46 AM
From the article..."But it must be said Hibs have handled their finances fairly well, relatively speaking, as far as their balance sheethttp://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/buck-for-hibs-relegation-stops-with-rod-petrie-1-3422961#) is concerned. The millions earned by the sales of players as far back as Collins, Goram, Jackson, Laursen, De La Cruz, Brown, Thomson, Caldwell, Whittaker, Riordan, O’Connor, Fletcher etc, as well as the property development in the old car park and around Easter Road, have not gone to waste. Where that money has gone one is not quite sure, with hardly a pittance finding its way into any manager’s transfer budget."

Have I got this wrong or is this bit of the article just badly written? I don't understand why Pia feels the need to imply criminal activity with this statement other than throw more mud at RP. I would like him to back this up. You might disagree with the strategy to reduce debt and improve the infrastructure but if Pia's implying STF and RP were embezzling club funds then that's a pretty serious allegation to pitch in a throw away line.

Ruined the article for me and weakens his argument.

For the record I think RP should go.

GreenCastle
27-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Good article and as many know what happens behind the scenes - it's spot on.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Nothing that hasn't been said time after time on this board. Especially by me.

When you are owned and run by folk who have no love for the game of football how can you expect them to understand or be motivated by the one factor which drives and is the lifeblood of every football club in the world........... Passion !!!

There are owners and chairmen who would have quit immediately after the 2012 disaster ....... instead we have an owner who does nothing and a chairman who still thinks he is the answer even on the back of four more disasters .... 2013 cup final ... Malmo ... 4 derby defeats and the ultimate humiliation ...... outclassed and relegated at home by a club we should beat every time they come to Easter Road.

Having these guys in charge of a football club is like making Harry Redknapp governor of the bank of England.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Simon was a prime mover in the Hands on Hibs group and his article is spot on :agree:

smurf
27-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Simon was a prime mover in the Hands on Hibs group and his article is spot on :agree:

Why did Hands on Hibs cease to be?

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Why did Hands on Hibs cease to be?

I bailed out when it turned from trying to force change to basically hunting STF because certain individuals had an axe to grind with him.

I wanted change, still do but when it got personal it lost its way IMO K

smurf
27-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I bailed out when it turned from trying to force change to basically hunting STF because certain individuals had an axe to grind with him.

I wanted change, still do but when it got personal it lost its way IMO K

It achieved a great deal I always thought. Even had a plane flying over the stadium many years before Man Utd fans thought of that!

stubru59
27-05-2014, 02:49 PM

A good example of what's wrong not only at Hibernian Football Club but British capitalism - too many accountants and economists on the board with too much power.

Nail on the head.