PDA

View Full Version : There's been no clear out yet

MacGruber
27-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Just to point out that whilst some have said at least we have done the right thing and had a mass clear out, we haven't really as yet. I'm sure however more will follow. I realise it's only the OOC players first but hopefully the queue for the exit keeps building as we've by and large the same team in place as we sit here.

From the 14 that have gone

Hayes, Watmore, Boetang - short term Jan loans up, not really a clear-out

Gold, Horribine, Donaldson, Grant, Murdoch - none with any part to play in the free fall

Maybury - looking likely to move into coaching anyway. Done well but wasn't in the long term plans regardless.

McPake - Always likely to not be offered another deal purely on basis of his injury problems regardless.

So in terms of a clear out, a reaction to this disaster we are looking at Thomson, Cairney, Tiawo & Williams (Williams was also probably leaving of his own accord).

So no resting on laurels and keep the axe sharp because as of right now we largley have the same bunch of gutless bottle merchants.

Gatecrasher
27-05-2014, 06:15 AM
more will go within the next week or so. I will be furious if the likes of McGivern and Nelson stay.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-05-2014, 06:19 AM
more will go within the next week or so. I will be furious if the likes of McGivern and Nelson stay.

Agreed, I thought these 2 would have been first out the door, and it's curious McGivern's meeting lasted only 10 minutes, that I would have thought would have told it's own story.

Brooster
27-05-2014, 06:33 AM

You just cant get rid of these players without handing the £100k each or whatever their annual salary is. Normal protocol is to advise them to find another club, force them out without having to pay them.

Ronniekirk
27-05-2014, 06:39 AM
In the January transfer window 4 were told to find new clubs but only vine did .nelson McGivern and Heff will be on the bigger contracts I would think two of them are well into 30 s so this might be last decent contract so if we want rid we will have to pay them off so don't think that will get resolved in a week unless they already have options and just wan out .they will all probably take holidays and be out the country for a few weeks .

27-05-2014, 06:45 AM

:agree:

h185forever
27-05-2014, 06:55 AM
:agree:

If they don't go it will be even more disappointing than the result on Sunday

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Totally agree with the OP

The rest need binned.... other than the youngsters .... But also agree we need to try and move the contracted players on by sorting deals

Cannot afford to pay them all off

Carnoustie Hibee posted yesterday that a lot had signed pre contracts elsewhere but unfortunately that will have been in the last few months of their contracts

Bottom line is we are stuck with the dross like Nelson OTJ McGivern Collins Craig etc

Let's hope the Hamiltons Particks Dundees fancy taking 1 or 2 or I fear we will be stuck with them

Ozyhibby
27-05-2014, 08:22 AM

I will never watch either play in a Hibs strip again.

khib70
27-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Don't normally do "in the know" postings. But I have it from an excellent source that Paul Hanlon has been told he can leave without being held to his contract as Hibs can't afford his wages. Not a good sign, as PH would not be on my list for being emptied. If we can't afford to pay the wages of players who we have brought through our own system, it doesn't look good for building a new team.

Hibs90
27-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Funny as someone told me otherwise last night. That he has been told he is staying as TB rates him highly.

offshorehibby
27-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I would have thought these salary's/contracts would be for the premier league, most all first team players will be getting told they will be on reduced salary's for playing in the championship. Expect a few more to walk yet.

lord bunberry
27-05-2014, 08:43 AM
I would have thought these salary's/contracts would be for the premier league, most all first team players will be getting told they will be on reduced salary's for playing in the championship. Expect a few more to walk yet.

Can we cut a players wages because we've been relegated? Unless there's a clause in the contract I doubt we would be allowed to do that.

Steve20
27-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Don't normally do "in the know" postings. But I have it from an excellent source that Paul Hanlon has been told he can leave without being held to his contract as Hibs can't afford his wages. Not a good sign, as PH would not be on my list for being emptied. If we can't afford to pay the wages of players who we have brought through our own system, it doesn't look good for building a new team.

I really hope that's not true. We can't be cutting budgets. We have to spend this summer or there's no chance of promotion.

Beefster
27-05-2014, 08:51 AM

Not a chance. We'd sell for a hugely reduced fee before we let him walk away.

offshorehibby
27-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Can we cut a players wages because we've been relegated? Unless there's a clause in the contract I doubt we would be allowed to do that.

While dishing out these contracts nobody would have thought relegation was on the cards. I would like to think Hibs would use a standard 'football' type contract, with the fine print having something in it regarding players getting the team relegated. Probably me clutching at straws.

I'm sure english premier league clubs would be reducing wages if they dropped down.

Is one of the board members not an employment related lawyer.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2014, 08:54 AM

No chance in my opinion.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2014, 08:54 AM
We haven't got rid of anyone who wasn't leaving anyway.

Steven_Hibs
27-05-2014, 08:56 AM

Good. If Hanlons on a massive wage then that's ludicrous. He's never worth a large wage, nor a national minimum wage.

Smartie
27-05-2014, 08:56 AM
I really hope that's not true. We can't be cutting budgets. We have to spend this summer or there's no chance of promotion.

I agree that we have to but with the current chairman there is absolutely no way that we will.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2014, 08:58 AM

PPZPOL
27-05-2014, 09:06 AM
We haven't got rid of anyone who wasn't leaving anyway.

100% - I think everyone knew the expired contracts weren't getting renewed so nothing has changed really. Despite everyone wanting a "clearout" this simply won't happen, it's a who blinks first situation at the moment. We can't pay off players for them to be signed the next day for free by someone else. A few teams will be floating about (e.g. St J for Craig) and might enquire about taking him of our hands for sweeties or nothing therefore allowing us to move him off the wage bill. I'm afraid this will take time and I'm afraid there's not going to be a big queue for guys like McG and Nelson. We might not like it but this isn't going to be a case of clearing out everyone by the end of week.

h185forever
27-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Nice Phone !....

cloudy
27-05-2014, 09:09 AM

After craig signs for aberdeen mcgivern will be made captain of the club

mmmmhibby
27-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Good. If Hanlons on a massive wage then that's ludicrous. He's never worth a large wage, nor a national minimum wage.

Like it or not, Hanlon is part of the failure culture at hibs. Bin him!!!

Brightside
27-05-2014, 09:47 AM

No chance. This cannot afford wages stuff is crazy. A year in the Championship may actually bring in more money for Hibs. We MIGHT actually start playing football and attendences will go up. I quickly came round to the thought that relegation may be a blessing for us.

I'm surprised Murdoch is away, i assumed he'd be a cert to take over from Williams. Butcher must have goalies lined up as Murdoch would have been on buttons.

Brightside
27-05-2014, 09:50 AM
After craig signs for aberdeen mcgivern will be made captain of the club

You cannot really think that. Him and Nelson are everything thats gone wrong with Hibs over the last few years.

Scottie
27-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Like it or not, Hanlon is part of the failure culture at hibs. Bin him!!!
:agree: Time for fresh blood

Another Admiral to play long side Nelson :wink:

Billy Whizz
27-05-2014, 10:07 AM

Liked it, bit unfair on Maybury though

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Totally agree with the OP

The rest need binned.... other than the youngsters .... But also agree we need to try and move the contracted players on by sorting deals

Cannot afford to pay them all off

Carnoustie Hibee posted yesterday that a lot had signed pre contracts elsewhere but unfortunately that will have been in the last few months of their contracts

Bottom line is we are stuck with the dross like Nelson OTJ McGivern Collins Craig etc

Let's hope the Hamiltons Particks Dundees fancy taking 1 or 2 or I fear we will be stuck with them

i would be pretty surprised if they teams were interested in players that were part of the worst hibs team in living memory, still having Nelson, McGivern and OTJ in our squad next season is quite a scary thought

MrRobot
27-05-2014, 10:23 AM
@OHenleyAlex: Craig, McGivern, Heffernan all told #Hibs won't stand in their way if they find new clubs. Robertson expects to stay, Collins, Nelson unsure

Id keep Collins for this league. I think he would score goals here but at the same time there is suc a need for change. Nelson and McGivern however can **** right off.

California-Hibs
27-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Nelson and McGivern are right at the top of the list of players I want gone pronto!!

cloudy
27-05-2014, 11:45 AM
You cannot really think that. Him and Nelson are everything thats gone wrong with Hibs over the last few years.

I have mcgivern top of my list to be punted but for some reason I think butcher loves the guy and he seems to do no wrong in his eyes hence the reason I think he'll give him the armband. .. I hope im wrong

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 12:29 PM
How Nelson is not at the top of everybody's clear out list is beyond me

Brooster
27-05-2014, 01:13 PM
@OHenleyAlex: Craig, McGivern, Heffernan all told #Hibs won't stand in their way if they find new clubs. Robertson expects to stay, Collins, Nelson unsure

Id keep Collins for this league. I think he would score goals here but at the same time there is suc a need for change. Nelson and McGivern however can **** right off.

Expect more to follow on from the 3 you have already mentioned.

SteveHFC
27-05-2014, 01:21 PM

:thumbsup:

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Reassuring mate

Thanks

ehf
27-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Nelson and McGivern are right at the top of the list of players I want gone pronto!!

In any properly ordered world that loathsome pair would have been taken out and ritually disembowelled as soon as the game finished on Sunday.

Brooster
27-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Reassuring mate

Thanks

Cheers. There's a good few more to follow!!

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2014, 01:51 PM
McGivitaway got Nelson sent off against Partick and was responsible for Hamilon's first goal on Sunday with two bomb scare passes when under no pressure.

No mention of Lewis .... I love his attitude ... but I cant stand another season watching him run 30 yards with the ball and then pass it back or at best win a throw in from which 9 times out of 10 we lose possession.

I want Stanton, Cummings, Hanlon, Robertson, Harris ( he has it in him ) and Heffernan (because if fit I'm sure he would be an asset ) to stay.

The rest of them ................ who cares as long as they bugger off.

If we don't find the money for decent players before next season we have no chance of bouncing back ....... though I am in no doubt that the losers who have brought the club to ruin will once again fail miserably to do what we all know needs to be done.

Unseen work
27-05-2014, 02:19 PM
theres been no clearout as of yet as the transfer window is not officialy open, also it costs to release players under contracts and has a proocess.

Bit of patience needed guys.

Unseen work
27-05-2014, 02:20 PM
imo nelson should be the first to go, much rather keep mcgivern than him

Allant1981
27-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Hopefully im wrong but i cant see many more leaving, no way can we afford to go out and get 15/16 new players so some of them will stay

truehibernian
27-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Hopefully im wrong but i cant see many more leaving, no way can we afford to go out and get 15/16 new players so some of them will stay

Cant see any of those in contract wanting to stay which is a good position for Hibs (and us) to be in - players like Craig, Nelson, McGivern, Robertson.....they will all want to play at the higher level of league which means their agents will be trying like mad to find clubs interested, Hibs I shouldn't imagine will be too difficult to deal with......the caveat being players are lined up to come in regardless of league.

Even if we get token fees, I want to see them all, bar Robertson, leave Hibernan FC - they don't deserve to be here.

For me you can also add Tudur Jones to that list - garbage footballer, utter garbage. Wales must need their heads examined asking him to a training camp, unless of course he is made to be a crossbar during training.

eggbamyasi
27-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I would keep stanton , harris , cummings , collins , stevenson , hanlon , forster . The rest I would be happy to see leave . Think if we can build a squad round these 6 players say bring in another 8 /9 we can have a good team . Board just habe to dig deep to get us out of this . Against most thinking at the mo for me if board give managment bit of freedom bring on this league and bring on the huns and mini huns . Our only bonus is that they will obviously have to take points off each other . Going to be a mental season and I can see it beig so close at the top .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MoscowHibs
27-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Cant see any of those in contract wanting to stay which is a good position for Hibs (and us) to be in - players like Craig, Nelson, McGivern, Robertson.....they will all want to play at the higher level of league which means their agents will be trying like mad to find clubs interested, Hibs I shouldn't imagine will be too difficult to deal with......the caveat being players are lined up to come in regardless of league.

Even if we get token fees, I want to see them all, bar Robertson, leave Hibernan FC - they don't deserve to be here.

For me you can also add Tudur Jones to that list - garbage footballer, utter garbage. Wales must need their heads examined asking him to a training camp, unless of course he is made to be a crossbar during training.

Robertson is staying mate, tweeted as much yesterday. In fact, I would personally make him skipper next season.