PDA

View Full Version : Will Fan Power Be Able To Oust Petrie & Butcher?

YehButNoBut
27-05-2014, 05:53 AM
According to the DR Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher, hopefully we succeed as this is the time for a total clearout & re-build.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-main-supporters-groups-plan-3611488?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

KEY fan groups, ex-Hibs players and influential corporate supporters met to discuss a plan that will see a clearout from top to bottom following the club's plunge into relegation.

FURIOUS Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher.

The Leith faithful want a clearout from top to bottom following the club’s plunge into the Championship.

Key fan groups, ex-players and influential corporate supporters met last night and will now come up with a battle plan.

Mike Riley, chairman of the Hibernian Supporters’ Association, said: “We want Petrie to resign and we want Butcher and Maurice Malpas to resign as well.

“We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we’re going to go about it. It will be an attack – we’re not sitting back.

“We want the coaches to go, the scouts to go. Everything. There’s something really rotten in Easter Road. What happens if you’ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

“Petrie said he won’t walk away and that it would be wrong to pack it in. Why?

“If Leeann Dempster is coming in to run everything and be the chief executive why do we need Petrie? It’s the second time his policies have seen us relegated.”

Riley also revealed the fans want representation on the board but admitted some punters overstepped the mark with their protests after Sunday’s defeat.

One TV journalist was hit by a coin and Riley said: “There’s no excuse for hitting any innocent people.

“You can never condone violence but feelings were running high. There were 18,000 fans there and what do Hibs do? Make a fool of us. Kids were crying in their sleep. Grown-ups in tears.”

Onion
27-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Well IMO this is the only way we're going to get our club back from these idiots. It will take a massive combined effort to get them out but - as shown in other clubs - it can certainly be done. It might even take an organised boycott of matches to achieve it. I know many think this will damage the team's chances, but this season has proved that Hibs fans turning up does NOTHIG to inspire this team. We need to think what is the long term good of the club and not about a few results in the Championship !

Really glad they are getting organised.

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 06:08 AM
The only long-term solution is fan ownership. The current feudal model is a throwback and the main reason change is so painfully slow/going in reverse.

1two
27-05-2014, 06:12 AM
I don't always agree with Riley but he's got it right here IMO

We must do something about it now. Make sure Petrie is removed from his post on the board in any capacity.
If it's not done now it'll be too late. We'll be half way through the season wondering how we got here.

A calm and calculated but firm response from Hibernian supporters is needed now.

It's our club and it's up to us to make sure it's in the hands of the right person/people

A man with any "integrity" would have walked by now.

Steve20
27-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Trying to oust Petrie should have been done about two years back.

Sorry, but it's too late now. The damage is done.

Gustavo Fring
27-05-2014, 06:15 AM
dont know if it will be enough but its got to be worth a try

if petrie is still at the club next season then we might as well forget about promotion , he will have us in league 1 before you know it

PETRIE MUST GO

bingo70
27-05-2014, 06:18 AM

Do we just give up and close the doors at the club for good now tgen?

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2014, 06:24 AM

Unfortunately this is where I am at the moment. The immediate future for the club does not look too rosey and I doubt there's anyone with the savvy to turn the club around any time soon.

Onion
27-05-2014, 06:27 AM

IMO there is no limit to the damage that Petrie can do to this club. With him in place, the club will remain divided and remote from its fans. The longer that remains the worse the situation becomes.

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 06:36 AM
I don't always agree with Riley but he's got it right here IMO We must do something about it now. Make sure Petrie is removed from his post on the board in any capacity. If it's not done now it'll be too late. We'll be half way through the season wondering how we got here. A calm and calculated but firm response from Hibernian supporters is needed now. It's our club and it's up to us to make sure it's in the hands of the right person/people A man with any "integrity" would have walked by now.

Petrie and Integrity should never be in the same sentence

erskine-hibby
27-05-2014, 06:47 AM
I want Petrie out, have done for years, but not too sure that getting rid of TB would be a good thing. OK, we weren't playing fabulous football since he came in, but IMHO it was more down to the players/make up of the squad that was the problem. THAT was down to Fenlon. Do we get rid of yet another manager without giving him time to get his own team in?
Plus if this is all done at once how do we get people in in time to have us fully ready for the start of, probably, the biggest season in our history?

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 06:55 AM
There’s something really rotten in Easter Road. :agree: Has been for years, **** off petrie

JimBHibees
27-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Personally think they are 2 different things. Petrie deffo should go however dont think it is up to fans to decide or try and influence who the manager is.

Gustavo Fring
27-05-2014, 07:02 AM
the question is how do we as fans oust petrie

protests ?

a hate campaign ?

threats ?

bribery ?

jodjam
27-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Personally think they are 2 different things. Petrie deffo should go however dont think it is up to fans to decide or try and influence who the manager is.

I ken where you are coming from but after watching a rookie manager out-think TB then I don't care how he leaves our club, just that he leaves.

California-Hibs
27-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Fully agree with this, but only on the Petrie part, he NEEDS to get the hell out of our club. I feel we'd be making a mistake letting Butcher go though without atleast giving him a summer transfer window to shape HIS OWN team.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Fully agree with this, but only on the Petrie part, he NEEDS to get the hell out of our club. I feel we'd be making a mistake letting Butcher go though without atleast giving him a summer transfer window to shape HIS OWN team.

I dont think he knows how to shape a team, i'm convinced he got lucky at ICT. His record before them is very poor, and i believe he's bluffed his way through football management.

The Gorf
27-05-2014, 07:12 AM

Then it's damage limitation. The longer we wait the worse it wil get. It's never too late to get rid of this despot.

jeffers
27-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I ken where you are coming from but after watching a rookie manager out-think TB then I don't care how he leaves our club, just that he leaves.

100% this. Get the clown and his sidekick away from ER before he has a chance to do more damage.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I don't always agree with Riley but he's got it right here IMO

We must do something about it now. Make sure Petrie is removed from his post on the board in any capacity.
If it's not done now it'll be too late. We'll be half way through the season wondering how we got here.

A calm and calculated but firm response from Hibernian supporters is needed now.

It's our club and it's up to us to make sure it's in the hands of the right person/people

A man with any "integrity" would have walked by now.

No chance of "ousting" RP but surely even he can see how poor Butcher and Malpas have been and drove the team performances to the relegation position we ended up in! :agree:

I wouldn't trust these two with anything at Hibs after there performance since their appointment! :rolleyes:

They have been nothing short of woeful and their plan of "stabilising the club" in 2013/14 (they actually totally destabilised it from where it was when they arrived) and then building a "new Hibs" thereafter was destroyed because they could do the first part of the plan! Something that no-one thought would be a difficulty for such a fantastic management duo with such a long track record of unbridled success at various football clubs all over the World (ok maybe MM wasn't at them all!)! Oh wait..........Have I got that wrong there? :greengrin

They couldn't even match Pat Fenlon's record of results in 2013/14 (and Pat walked because of his record!) with the same group of players ffs! :rolleyes:

I really hope that TB and MM are away this week because I will not return to ER whilst they are still in post! That's really not an option that I ever thought of with previous managers and not something that, as a Hibs fan for many many years, I really want to do! :agree:

However, if they stay, I'll be getting entertained elsewhere and by something else (yet to be decided but there are a few healthy options) on match days! :agree:

stokesmessiah
27-05-2014, 07:15 AM

protests ?

a hate campaign ?

threats ?

bribery ?

I think you need to be careful with what you are saying. Yes things are bad but nobody deserves some of the above, what happened to Hibs Class??

ionahibby
27-05-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm all for ousting Petrie. Butcher I'm not so sure about, yes his tactics baffle me but it we don't know how much his hands have been tied in the past regarding player signings that may have prevented this mess in the first place. I was all for sacking butcher weeks ago but it's apparent they are underlying causes other than the manager. If we are going do something as well we should really be keeping off the front pages of that weegie rag! Daily ranger will be delighted that it's not they're beloved rangers in crisis so we should not give them anything!

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2014, 07:25 AM
If the decision to keep Butcher is made and Dempster still wants him when she comes we should back her decision and back him. He has made mistakes no doubt but turning up for our first fixture next season and giving him dogs abuse if we don't win 5-0 while playing like Brazil would be a mistake on our part and would be a horrible way to go on.

Big_Franck
27-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Great to hear about the meeting last night, i was worried things might die down again. Id be fully behind any plan to get rid of these clowns.

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 07:30 AM

protests ?

a hate campaign ?

threats ?

bribery ?

Buy out the club and take collective responsibility for all decisions.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 07:32 AM
I'm all for ousting Petrie. Butcher I'm not so sure about, yes his tactics baffle me but it we don't know how much his hands have been tied in the past regarding player signings that may have prevented this mess in the first place. I was all for sacking butcher weeks ago but it's apparent they are underlying causes other than the manager. If we are going do something as well we should really be keeping off the front pages of that weegie rag! Daily ranger will be delighted that it's not they're beloved rangers in crisis so we should not give them anything!

What exactly do you mean by that, the bit in bold specifically please? :confused:

ionahibby
27-05-2014, 07:37 AM
What exactly do you mean by that, the bit in bold specifically please? :confused:

I mean were there players that butcher wanted to sign that he was prevented by doing by our esteemed leader Petrie. I don't know for sure i certainly don't have any info or anything but it wouldn't surprise me.

ionahibby
27-05-2014, 07:41 AM
I think the best course of action before we start any protest or ousting of people would be to get some sort of meeting sorted with leean dempster and then if we feel we are not be listened to then by all means we should do what we need to.

Bostonhibby
27-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Only petrie and STF have sway over enough shares to actually influence it, but i am pretty confident there are enough of us who are small shareholders to organise our own vote of no confidence in the chairman if that's the way we want to go. In terms of number of shares held it won't amount to a hill of beans but I'd guess it would send a message about how many actual fans who are shareholders don't back him or want change.

southsider
27-05-2014, 07:43 AM

I may be in a minority of one but relegation may be the catalyst for change at OUR club, I would suffer the humiliation of said relegation to force regime at ER. If we can mount a campaign wherby fans contribute month sums we can take OUR club back from the clowns, PETRIE MUST GO !

Ronniekirk
27-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Nobody now backs Petrie except Farmer so He is the key to agreeing to Petrie going so if groups are meeting to plan whatever action they are going to take, they should be inviting Farmer so that we know where he stands .If Farmer understands the depth of Feeling against Petrie and we make it clear we won't accept anything less thanPetrie going and keep the pressure on then he has a decision to make for the good of the club .
If we go into new season with infighting going on the image of the club becomes more Tarnished And we run the risk of this then derailing the season and spending another year in the Championship.
However if we believe T B can't shape a team and Motivate players and Marsella got lucky scouting those Inverness players we were recently wanting to take from Inverness then clearly we would want the new management team to go but who pays for this Unless Sir Tom agrees to foot the bill separately it's not going to happen IMO Are they all not on three year lucrative contracts so they won't just walk away
These are difficult times Financially for Clubs and we will have made another Loss this Year so none of this can be achieved easily
Ploughing more money in at this point to empty people means where do we find the money to bring in a new management team , new players and revamp the Academy which in itself could be under threat if we stay down for two seasons as how could we afford the running costs.
Hard decisions are going to have to be made and the quicker there is dialogue with those that hold the power to hear what they are planning the better If other planned wind of change moves are now on hold because we are in the Championship we need to know this as the Board have given us an expectation there will be sweeping changes to improve our club.if they now can't deliver on this then we have to decide how far we as a fan base and life blood of he club are prepared to push for change but be mindfull of the potential consequences .

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 08:16 AM
I mean were there players that butcher wanted to sign that he was prevented by doing by our esteemed leader Petrie. I don't know for sure i certainly don't have any info or anything but it wouldn't surprise me.

So, you are simply stirring things up then without facts to back it up!? :rolleyes:

Butcher knew what he was coming to when he "did his deal with RP" so please don't trot this ***** about the players are responsible for us getting relegated when a simple comparison of Pat Fenlon's results with the same players that Butcher had (except for the three "gems" he brought into the squad in January!) and Butchers results during season 2013/2014 shows that Butcher took us backwards and downwards and MUST accept FULL RESPONSIBILITY for that! :agree:

Anything less which allows Butcher and Malpas to stay in post is inexcusable IMO! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2014, 08:21 AM
So, you are simply stirring things up then without facts to back it up!? :rolleyes:

Butcher knew what he was coming to when he "did his deal with RP" so please don't trot this ***** about the players are responsible for us getting relegated when a simple comparison of Pat Fenlon's results with the same players that Butcher had (except for the three "gems" he brought into the squad in January!) and Butchers results during season 2013/2014 shows that Butcher took us backwards and downwards and MUST accept FULL RESPONSIBILITY for that! :agree:

Anything less which allows Butcher and Malpas to stay in post is inexcusable IMO! :agree:

:top marks Terry Butcher relegated us, his team selections, his tactics :rolleyes: and his motivational skills relegated Hibernian Football Club.

His job is untenable.

ionahibby
27-05-2014, 08:22 AM

Im not stirring things up! Look at the Rooney situation there is your evidence if you need to something to look at it. We offered him a loan Aberdeen signed him on a contract i don't believe that was down to butcher. In my opinion that was down to Petrie. Remember that's my opinion nothing else.

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 08:24 AM

Adam Rooney

TB has said he wanted him but club were only prepared to do a loan deal

boab1875
27-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I really hope this fan movement works as I will not be putting another penny into the club until Petrie and Butcher are removed. A boycott is inevitable and I think people need to recognise that in the long term we are better to be without these clowns in charge even if it hurts us in the short term. Really hope the coordinated effort that should include boycotting matches by the supporters groups is well supported and people don't revert back to a "business as usual" approach. Everybody needs to be on the same page here for this to work.

We cannot forgive what has happened this time. I say boycott all future matches and I think everyone who has already bought a season ticket should be asking for a refund. Do this until they cave and believe me they will.

YehButNoBut
27-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Mike Reilly on youtube yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwB5JKNppQ

RN Hibee
27-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Hughes, Fenlon and Butcher (I've chosen to omit Calderwood cause he was just useless) have all in fairly recent history been brought to the club, failed to deliver on our expectations and been used as a scapegoat for this failure, the fans have known for a long time the real reason for this is far deeper than the management team but after each sacking Petrie has somehow managed to convince portions of the fanbase of his innocence and blame was shifted to the managers; Hughes only had one tactic, Fenlon wasn't cut out for the SPL and Butcher was lucky at ICT.

With the club now reaching a landmark in it's downward spiral no more can blame be shifted on to the management team, behind the scenes something has to change, I understand fans frustration with Butcher and his team but the blame is not predominantly on their shoulders, something at the core of this club is rotten, good players come in and start to play like donkeys, managers with a good track record come in and fail to deliver, the winning mentality that drives other clubs is severely lacking and as long as that is the case then we will struggle to make it back into the SPL, big changes must be made, but I'm not convinced the management team is one of them. Petrie on the other hand must go, not just sit out of the limelight but make a complete exit from the club and have no influence what so ever with the future of the team.

number9dream
27-05-2014, 04:27 PM
:top marks Terry Butcher relegated us, his team selections, his tactics :rolleyes: and his motivational skills relegated Hibernian Football Club.

His job is untenable.

He's shown no leadership or tactical acumen whatsoever. His attitude towards the game appears almost prehistoric.
I firmly believe that a half decent coach would have kept that team up, although that in no way excuses the pathetic performances we've been subjected to... The clear out does not go far enough.

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 04:29 PM
It might but we all need to pull together and speak for each other.

Mike Reilly doesn't speak for me.

We all have to fight for the same result.

Some people after Petrie, some Butcher some both. We need to go after Petrie and then the rest can come after. He is the main reason we are where we are.

YehButNoBut
28-05-2014, 05:51 AM
It looks like what has been discussed involves depriving this board of income from season ticket and commercial sources to force them out, amongst other things, will this work.

Also a new "Save Our Hibs" Facebook page has been set up. https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurHibs?fref=ts

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-fans-set-copy-lead-3615231#.U4VslfRHqaY.twitter

Hibs fans set to copy lead of rebel Rangers supporters by boycotting season tickets in bid to oust board

EASTER Road supporter groups have met with former players and financial backers to draw up a 'starve-them-out' strategy aimed at unseating chairman Rod Petrie.

HIBS fans are set to follow the lead of Rangers supporters and attempt to starve out their unpopular board.

Easter Road supporter groups, former players and corporate backers will go public with their plans later this week.

The Hibs Supporters’ Association hosted crisis talks on Monday aimed at outlining a strategy to force chairman Rod Petrie to quit, with boss Terry Butcher also in the firing line.

They are being backed by former players, including Jackie McNamara Snr, Paul Kane and Ralph Callachan, and business investors.

Plans discussed include a season-ticket boycott while fans who have already forked out for the new campaign could be asked to cancel their payment plans or insist on their money back.

Business supporters will also be asked to consider cutting their spending and a protest march to demand Petrie relinquish his position has also been mooted.

Mike Reilly, chairman of the Supporters’ Association, said: “It was a very fruitful meeting involving a range of good Hibs fans, including business supporters and former players.

“A lot of people pledged support for our plans which we’re still finalising.”

Around 600 fans called for change outside Easter Road on Sunday after the play-off loss to Hamilton.

One insider said: “The feeling is very strong we take steps to deprive this board of income from season ticket and commercial sources to force them out.

“Rangers fans are taking the fight for their club to their board under a united banner. We’ll do the same.

“It’s time for Petrie and Butcher to go.”

A Save Our Hibs Facebook page has also been set up and organiser Dave Solway said: “Petrie has neglected the football side of the club. Hibs have been in freefall.”

Administrators of popular fan website Hibs.net have also called for Petrie to resign immediately after 90 per cent of fans polled called for change at the top.

In an open letter to the board they said: “We are all supportive of the decision to bring Leeann Dempster to the club as chief executive.

“However, this is balanced by the confirmation that Rod Petrie is to continue as chairman.

“After the 2012 Scottish Cup Final a meeting was held in the Supporters’ Club. The board members present were warned by a supporter, with support from the floor, that the board were on their last chance.

“The events of the last few days have seen that chance well and truly blown.”

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Hate tae agree with fans of THE Rongers but finance is the only thing people running fitba understand. In the short term it may be painful but what else is there? They've never listened or paid attention tae anything else, they've just treated the fans with contempt. We need tae get this **** away from our club he's killing it and will continue tae while he remains.

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 06:42 AM

HIBS fans are set to follow the lead of Rangers supporters and attempt to starve out their unpopular board.

I have highlighted this part of the article in your post YBN as I believe there is crucial difference in that the elephant in the room is finance which we seem to skirt around. The Rangers have Dave King publicly saying he has £40m that he is prepared to invest (lose?) in The Rangers and that, for those fans, is the safety net.

I have brought up the subject of potential purchasers before and that I would be more comfortable if someone with sufficient means was to publicly support such change, and the standard response is along the lines that STF isn't actively trying to sell OR seek out these purchasers they are not going to make themselves known but the same situation applies to The Rangers yet Dave King is out there, telling people what he wants to do. And the DR (I know) reports that we are now seeking to follow their example. If we are I think this is a risky strategy.

The Championship is going to be tough to get out of as it is without the club being hamstrung by lack of ST sales.

scottish_sleepy
28-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Stopping income flowing into the club will only reduce the chance to sign any of the better players we're all hoping to see coming to the club.
If we do this and end up with more last minute cheap dross signed on the last day of the transfer window, nobody will have any right to complain.
God knows how we get rid of Petrie, but this will only reduce the chance of getting out of the championship next season.

Gustavo Fring
28-05-2014, 06:57 AM
this will only reduce the chance of getting out of the championship next season.

if you think were gettin out of the championship in 1 season can i please have some of what your on

CRAZYHIBBY
28-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Im going to climb onto the main stand roof with a petrie must go banner.....whos with me??....just clamber up and ill be there after work to join you....ill bring a fishing rod and a loaf of bread

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 07:51 AM
According to the DR Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher, hopefully we succeed as this is the time for a total clearout & re-build.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-main-supporters-groups-plan-3611488?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

KEY fan groups, ex-Hibs players and influential corporate supporters met to discuss a plan that will see a clearout from top to bottom following the club's plunge into relegation.

FURIOUS Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher.

The Leith faithful want a clearout from top to bottom following the club’s plunge into the Championship.

Key fan groups, ex-players and influential corporate supporters met last night and will now come up with a battle plan.

Mike Riley, chairman of the Hibernian Supporters’ Association, said: “We want Petrie to resign and we want Butcher and Maurice Malpas to resign as well.

“We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we’re going to go about it. It will be an attack – we’re not sitting back.

“We want the coaches to go, the scouts to go. Everything. There’s something really rotten in Easter Road. What happens if you’ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

“Petrie said he won’t walk away and that it would be wrong to pack it in. Why?

“If Leeann Dempster is coming in to run everything and be the chief executive why do we need Petrie? It’s the second time his policies have seen us relegated.”

Riley also revealed the fans want representation on the board but admitted some punters overstepped the mark with their protests after Sunday’s defeat.

One TV journalist was hit by a coin and Riley said: “There’s no excuse for hitting any innocent people.

“You can never condone violence but feelings were running high. There were 18,000 fans there and what do Hibs do? Make a fool of us. Kids were crying in their sleep. Grown-ups in tears.”

Help ma Boab, just when you think things can't get any worse. So Mike Riley thinks quotes like that help? What an embarrassment :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 08:15 AM
A season ticket boycott is the only thing that will work. It is a painful course of action but nothing else will do the job. The club shop should also be boycotted. No strips, t-shirts etc.
I'm fully behind this.

scottish_sleepy
28-05-2014, 11:17 AM
if you think were gettin out of the championship in 1 season can i please have some of what your on

1% is still a chance :aok:

#2 Double Tap
28-05-2014, 11:25 AM

live in hope. die in dispair.

Sumner
28-05-2014, 11:36 AM
It WOULD work IF fans did NOT go.. weeks of very small turnouts and change would come.. otherwise its blinkers on & denial from the board

NatureBoy
28-05-2014, 11:38 AM
A boycott would really test the resolve of the fans but I'm beginning to think it's the only course of action available to us. STF actually thinks Rod is doing a grand old job, I'm starting to think it's all one massive wind up!

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 12:02 PM
A boycott would really test the resolve of the fans but I'm beginning to think it's the only course of action available to us. STF actually thinks Rod is doing a grand old job, I'm starting to think it's all one massive wind up!

I was in two minds about a boycott and its harmful effects on any possible budget but I totally support it and plead with other Hibernians to do the same.

We cannot keep papering over the cracks as the trust with the board and the fans is now gone. I want a full revolution sweeping through the club not mere tinkering around the edges.

When I raised concerns with Petrie last year in BTG's and asking him about any vision, his response was "what do you expect?". Also, did anyone notice his smug grin as the TV cameras panned in on him on Sunday there?

The fan is an arrogant fool and the sooner he and Butcher are away from the club the better.

Cut the cancer out...Vive La Revolucion!

Sumner
28-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Also, did anyone notice his smug grin as the TV cameras panned in on him on Sunday there

.. indeed PETRIE GRINNED !!

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Another avenue for change is to put pressure on Farmer through the Stella Maris in Leith. Farmer's connections there are well known and it was the former parish priest (forget his name) that pleaded with Tom to step in and save the club at the time of Mercer's take over.

Such an avenue could be investigated again with St Mary's, St Pat's, the Star of the Sea and the Stella Maris club having a word with Tom about passing the club back into the community. Idea might get panned but originally Tom did so for the community of Leith - an area he was born and bred. I'm hearing grumblings that he is really not well and is it a possibility that he will put his shareholding into a trust fund to be run by his son Tony?

QMU-1875
28-05-2014, 12:18 PM
It looks like what has been discussed involves depriving this board of income from season ticket and commercial sources to force them out, amongst other things, will this work.

Also a new "Save Our Hibs" Facebook page has been set up. https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurHibs?fref=ts

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-fans-set-copy-lead-3615231#.U4VslfRHqaY.twitter

Hibs fans set to copy lead of rebel Rangers supporters by boycotting season tickets in bid to oust board

EASTER Road supporter groups have met with former players and financial backers to draw up a 'starve-them-out' strategy aimed at unseating chairman Rod Petrie.

Easter Road supporter groups, former players and corporate backers will go public with their plans later this week.

The Hibs Supporters’ Association hosted crisis talks on Monday aimed at outlining a strategy to force chairman Rod Petrie to quit, with boss Terry Butcher also in the firing line.

They are being backed by former players, including Jackie McNamara Snr, Paul Kane and Ralph Callachan, and business investors.

Plans discussed include a season-ticket boycott while fans who have already forked out for the new campaign could be asked to cancel their payment plans or insist on their money back.

Business supporters will also be asked to consider cutting their spending and a protest march to demand Petrie relinquish his position has also been mooted.

Mike Reilly, chairman of the Supporters’ Association, said: “It was a very fruitful meeting involving a range of good Hibs fans, including business supporters and former players.

“A lot of people pledged support for our plans which we’re still finalising.”

Around 600 fans called for change outside Easter Road on Sunday after the play-off loss to Hamilton.

One insider said: “The feeling is very strong we take steps to deprive this board of income from season ticket and commercial sources to force them out.

“Rangers fans are taking the fight for their club to their board under a united banner. We’ll do the same.

“It’s time for Petrie and Butcher to go.”

A Save Our Hibs Facebook page has also been set up and organiser Dave Solway said: “Petrie has neglected the football side of the club. Hibs have been in freefall.”

Administrators of popular fan website Hibs.net have also called for Petrie to resign immediately after 90 per cent of fans polled called for change at the top.

In an open letter to the board they said: “We are all supportive of the decision to bring Leeann Dempster to the club as chief executive.

“However, this is balanced by the confirmation that Rod Petrie is to continue as chairman.

“After the 2012 Scottish Cup Final a meeting was held in the Supporters’ Club. The board members present were warned by a supporter, with support from the floor, that the board were on their last chance.

“The events of the last few days have seen that chance well and truly blown.”
This 100%. I started a thread last months saying the only way they will listen is if we don't invest money in to the club. I'm all for this, get Petrie out!

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Help ma Boab, just when you think things can't get any worse. So Mike Riley thinks quotes like that help? What an embarrassment :rolleyes:

Agree wholeheartedly with what Mike said and he gave me an inkling of what was coming when I spoke to him on Sunday night.

Simple question Paisley - do you trust Petrie to make anything like the whole scale changes that many are advocating?

The trust and bond between the board and the fans has gone. Too many weak responses, too many failed promises, too many poor judgements.

A season ticket boycott or at least the threat of a boycott could be enough. We have lost year after after die hard fans. This is the final straw for many others and many simply will not go back with that man at the helm.

Put aside the fears and get on board the revolution...

The Leith Dutch
28-05-2014, 12:44 PM

I think it can be done - that's can and not will ;)

Needs a clearout of the entire board minus Dempster and the entire coaching and management set up at senior level.

It then needs something I've always been wary of supporting - spending money (and probably spending money we shouldn't be spending).

This year out in the Championship is survivable - with any kind of competitive team under a new manager and board we'll have 4 bumper home crowds vs the yams and sevco plus a winning team against the rest would lead to steady if not increased average attendance.

Being in the championship the following year if the other two are up does not bear thinking about and could well be the ruin of the club.
We cannot afford to accept that and we may well have to put the club on the line financially to avoid it.

I've always been against the spend to achieve culture but this season it's exactly what's required right now.

Budge seems to be cagey and sevco are already flirting with admin and a 25 point deduction so will have to tread lightly.
We can - and should - match and quite possibly better their squads.

New board. New manager. Decent quality players. Go out to win the ******ing thing.

And again - can be done not will be done :greengrin

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 01:26 PM
By the time anything is organised, Petrie will be off for his summer holidays.
They need to speed things up if we are to get change in time for next season.

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with what Mike said and he gave me an inkling of what was coming when I spoke to him on Sunday night.

Simple question Paisley - do you trust Petrie to make anything like the whole scale changes that many are advocating?

The trust and bond between the board and the fans has gone. Too many weak responses, too many failed promises, too many poor judgements.

A season ticket boycott or at least the threat of a boycott could be enough. We have lost year after after die hard fans. This is the final straw for many others and many simply will not go back with that man at the helm.

Put aside the fears and get on board the revolution...

I don't know this Mike Reilly guy but if he really said the stuff printed in quotes then he's a f'n eejit imo. For what it's worth I'd point out that just 7 months ago most folk on Hibs Net were demanding that the board appoint Butcher. They delivered that. It's crystal clear that was a mistake so now Hibs Net are deriding the board for it's lack of judgement in appointing him. They can't win. Do I trust the board to fix things? Probably not. But if the alternative is to be taken over by folk of the calibre of Reilly then I'd chose Petrie all day long.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2014, 01:43 PM
I don't know this Mike Reilly guy but if he really said the stuff printed in quotes then he's a f'n eejit imo. For what it's worth I'd point out that just 7 months ago most folk on Hibs Net were demanding that the board appoint Butcher. They delivered that. It's crystal clear that was a mistake so now Hibs Net are deriding the board for it's lack of judgement in appointing him. They can't win. Do I trust the board to fix things? Probably not. But if the alternative is to be taken over by folk of the calibre of Reilly then I'd chose Petrie all day long.
I don't think people are deriding the board for appointing Butcher so much as creating an environment where under achievement is acceptable.

southsider
28-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I am coming to the opinion that our relegation may, in the long run, be benificial to our club IF we can bring about the wholescale changes so badly needed. Survival on Sunday would have us fans who advocate change without a leg to stand on as the "terry will make sweeping changes" brigade would have been in full cry. Now, however many, many more fans are seeing the bigger picture of a club (our club) run like a second hand dance hall putting up cheep wallpaper when the halls need torn down and rebuilt.. We must grab the bull by the horns and force change otherwise our club. as we now it may very well die. I remember taking the fight to mercer, up to his very home, while he squeeled to the guys down the phone in the Hibs club "pack in your dogs i am packing it in". Believe me this forthcoming fight is every bit as important and goes to the very heart and sole of our club.

Glorious St Pat
28-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I am coming to the opinion that our relegation may, in the long run, be benificial to our club IF we can bring about the wholescale changes so badly needed. Survival on Sunday would have us fans who advocate change without a leg to stand on as the "terry will make sweeping changes" brigade would have been in full cry. Now, however many, many more fans are seeing the bigger picture of a club (our club) run like a second hand dance hall putting up cheep wallpaper when the halls need torn down and rebuilt.. We must grab the bull by the horns and force change otherwise our club. as we now it may very well die. I remember taking the fight to mercer, up to his very home, while he squeeled to the guys down the phone in the Hibs club "pack in your dogs i am packing it in". Believe me this forthcoming fight is every bit as important and goes to the very heart and sole of our club.

Great piece of writing - can I just add...could we take the fight to Petrie's home and give it some of the Unite union's 'leverage' tactics.

s.a.m
28-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Great piece of writing - can I just add...could we take the fight to Petrie's home and give it some of the Unite union's 'leverage' tactics.

Certainly not in my name, assuming you're being serious. That's intimidation (also of whoever else lives there with him), and I would hope we're better than that.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2014, 05:35 PM
let's not stoop to visiting peoples houses eh :bitchy: how would you like mob rule outside your door :rolleyes: fs

Weir7
28-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Exactly if we just sent emails back in 1990 mercer would have killed us.

I was never away from mercers house

HKhibby
28-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I may be in a minority of one but relegation may be the catalyst for change at OUR club, I would suffer the humiliation of said relegation to force regime at ER. If we can mount a campaign wherby fans contribute month sums we can take OUR club back from the clowns, PETRIE MUST GO !

No i dont think you are totally in a minority!, sometimes it is the best thing that can happen to some clubs to be relegated, so they can start from scratch etc.., bring in a completly new look, new management etc...and it works and they go straight back up!...sadly i cannot see this happening to Hibs anytime very quickly!

HKhibby
28-05-2014, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;4032962]Only petrie and STF have sway over enough shares to actually influence it, but i am pretty confident there are enough of us who are small shareholders to organise our own vote of no confidence in the chairman if that's the way we want to go. In terms of number of shares held it won't amount to a hill of beans but I'd guess it would send a message about how many actual fans who are shareholders don't back him or want

Doesn't Petrie have a 10% share in Hibs as well?

Bostonhibby
28-05-2014, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;4032962]Only petrie and STF have sway over enough shares to actually influence it, but i am pretty confident there are enough of us who are small shareholders to organise our own vote of no confidence in the chairman if that's the way we want to go. In terms of number of shares held it won't amount to a hill of beans but I'd guess it would send a message about how many actual fans who are shareholders don't back him or want

yes

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 10:21 PM

yes

I don't think he does.

Diclonius
28-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't think he does.

He does.

Hibeewilly
29-05-2014, 04:46 AM
He owns 12% of the shares as I understand it

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

RIP
29-05-2014, 06:53 AM
No shares in Hibs but shares in the parent company I'm told

Kaiser1962
29-05-2014, 07:01 AM
He does.

HFC Holdings hold over 98% of the shares in Hibernian FC. Only 1.87% of the FC shares are owned outside HFC Holdings.

So he doesn't.

AlbertK86
29-05-2014, 07:25 AM
So who will KING ROD sack today to deflect the attention from himself

This is his usual tactic the day before a potentially heated AGM

No AGM but sounds like he is going to be boxed into a corner more than he ever has been at this meeting

Suspect he will have his Dad there to say I want 10 more Rods running the club so shuffle along gents let us get on with it

Seriously however I don't expect a sacking but suspect he will hide behind the I'm handing over to Leeann ... Give her your backing and she will take us forward

and

Terry needs time to build his own squad

Maybe worth pointing out that he maybe needs a new coaching manual that suggests punting the ball up the park is wrong !!

Bostonhibby
29-05-2014, 08:52 AM
I don't think he does.

Ok, I agree but if my analysis is correct, it's semantics - the aim of STF way back then was to protect Hibs from another Mercer type event, he succeeded in my opinion but in so doing tied the club up in such a way that it would be very difficult for anyone to do anything without his, or whoever he appoints consent.

His vehicle for doing so was holding companies - they own Hibs - he gave Petrie a shareholding in the first line holding company and it was 10% I believe. That company and the trust(s) linked to it own Hibs. That's why I simplistically say he owns a share in the club. The other companies don't seem to own anything that isn't Hibs related.

The only Hibs football club shares I ever see being sold / traded are those that belong to people who owned the original clubs shares and therefore got new ones from STF when he took over, or are perhaps others that are being selectively made available from the majority shareholders. Those will be very small in terms of number of shares but are potentially in the hands of a much larger group of people who will be fans like us.

southsider
29-05-2014, 10:07 AM
I bought 400 shares from the Duff/Gray original share floatation. I also bought hundreds of pounds more during the takeover bid but those are but a tiny fraction of the total shares held by the holding company. I can go to shareholders' meeting but gave up because Petrie (and Farmer, when he usually made the closing speach) just rode roughshot over which were some excellent points from the floor.