PDA

View Full Version : KT

SonOfDavidFrancey
27-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Whatever else can be said he has left with a lot of dignity.

Hibbyradge
27-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Missed a penalty after proclaiming himself the best midfielder at the club on his last working day.

Bronson
27-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Missed a penalty after proclaiming himself the best midfielder at the club on his last working day.

Behave, he absolutely was the best midfielder at the club and it's ridiculous he was pushed out the door. He's the last reason we got relegated, missed penalty or not. A few more players of his ability and character and we'd have been safe weeks ago.

Scottie
27-05-2014, 08:00 AM
I'll get ma tin hat ready but IMO I'm glad KT is moving on. To me he has lost his mojo in snapping into tackles, pace unfortunately has left him due to his injuries also.
There's nothing worse than seeing a hero of ours struggle time and time again and granted he was surrounded by **** but some of his limited performances have been like the rest of the team this year horrible.
I wish you well Kevin in your future career.

keep the faith
27-05-2014, 08:04 AM

He showed guts to take the thing. Especially for a man rarely involved under Butcher. A class act as far as I'm concerned.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 08:04 AM
I'll get ma tin hat ready but IMO I'm glad KT is moving on. To me he has lost his mojo in snapping into tackles, pace unfortunately has left him due to his injuries also.
There's nothing worse than seeing a hero of ours struggle time and time again and granted he was surrounded by **** but some of his limited performances have been like the rest of the team this year horrible.

What can a decent midfielder do when your own defenders punt the ball over your head to our minute striker(s) and the huge defenders that they are up against head it straight back over your head into our defensive third of the pitch again??!! :rolleyes:

c31
27-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Whatever else can be said he has left with a lot of dignity.

unlike the first time....

jeffers
27-05-2014, 08:19 AM
What can a decent midfielder do when your own defenders punt the ball over your head to our minute striker(s) and the huge defenders that they are up against head it straight back over your head into our defensive third of the pitch again??!! :rolleyes:

Spot on.

There is no doubt he isn't the same player as he once was and injuries have definitely impacted him. Sunday wasn't his best game but in the previous few games he was our best player. He should have been the first player offered a new deal and made captain for next season, instead he is the first player shown the door by the clown we are supposed to trust to get us promoted. It has to be a personal thing, because if it's based purely on footballing ability then TB is an even bigger clown than I had him down as.

Scottie
27-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Wrap your ****in hands round your defenders neck and tell them to pass to you instead. Simple. :wink:

JimBHibees
27-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Kind of MEH about Kevin leaving good player however has he been that good this season and has played in most of our worst results. I do get the impression he is a bit of a stirrer though and given his injury record probably better bringing someone else younger and fitter in.

erskine-hibby
27-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Kind of MEH about Kevin leaving good player however has he been that good this season and has played in most of our worst results. I do get the impression he is a bit of a stirrer though and given his injury record probably better bringing someone else younger and fitter in.

Pretty much my thoughts also.

IWasThere2016
27-05-2014, 09:11 AM
I like him. Excellent footballer IMHO. He would have been the first one on my keep list.

I think we may go without a midfield however as Hoofcher and Moanpus have us launch it large!

5-0-5 formation anyone? Or is 9-0-1 more to TB's liking??

easty
27-05-2014, 09:21 AM
If only KT had played half as well as those who are gutted he's left like to make out he could play. We'd probably have finished well clear of relegation.

The_Exile
27-05-2014, 11:18 AM
The fact half the midfield has been emptied shows what type of football we can expect next year. He wasn't the same player who left us the first time round but would've been a strong, calm leader on the pitch in the Championship. If the behind the scenes stuff is true though then there was no way he was going to be kept around and frankly, don't want any pish going on behind closed doors next year.

.Sean.
27-05-2014, 11:23 AM
..And he'll undo every piece of good work and lose the respect of every single one of us if he does sign for Hearts, a question which he dodged yesterday.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 11:35 AM
If only KT had played half as well as those who are gutted he's left like to make out he could play. We'd probably have finished well clear of relegation.

You clearly don't like Thomson for your own reasons but it really is a bit pathertic to suggest that he was responsible for Hibs getting relegated this season! :rolleyes:

You have one opinion as to wthether Thomson "can play" as you quaintly put it, others such as myself happen to have the view that he "can play" but as a guy who has played at levels & competitions in football that no-one else recently playing at ER can match and he has all of the expreince of that to share with younger players! :agree:

Keep kicking him though if it makes you feel better! Won't make those of us with a view formed on what we see when he plays and the history as a footballer he has which we have shared in in part and watched from a distance for the rest of the time! :wink:

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Good footballer and he should have been playing more.

BUT.

I feel the decision to let him go is a good one.

Why? Because hibs now need a young and energetic midfield to bring us back up with an experienced player holding them together.

Thomson would fit the bill there, of course. However, in my opinion, he's far too unreliable injury wise. The last 2 seasons we've had a team full of well paid injured players and Thommo is on too high a wage to risk.

I like Kevin and think he's a great player when he's on form. I just don't think we can afford to have him around if he's not going to make 30+ appearances per season.

Weir7
27-05-2014, 11:43 AM
..And he'll undo every piece of good work and lose the respect of every single one of us if he does sign for Hearts, a question which he dodged yesterday.

He won't sign for them

easty
27-05-2014, 11:52 AM
You clearly don't like Thomson for your own reasons but it really is a bit pathertic to suggest that he was responsible for Hibs getting relegated this season! :rolleyes:

You have one opinion as to wthether Thomson "can play" as you quaintly put it, others such as myself happen to have the view that he "can play" but as a guy who has played at levels & competitions in football that no-one else recently playing at ER can match and he has all of the expreince of that to share with younger players! :agree:

Keep kicking him though if it makes you feel better! Won't make those of us with a view formed on what we see when he plays and the history as a footballer he has which we have shared in in part and watched from a distance for the rest of the time! :wink:

What you on about? I don't dislike him at all, and I've never once suggested he is solely responsible for us being relegated. I'm sorry I'm not part of the 'Kevin Thomson could have kept us up. He should have played more. We should have kept him.' club. A club where the fact that he actually did play a load of games through the season seems to be disregarded. For all the good experience he has, and the undoubted ability as a footballer he may possess, he didn't really bring much to our season at all. Plays for an hour against Hamilton on Sunday. Did nowt. But let's just say that's cos of the tactics rather than because this experienced good footballer failed to get even nearly enough involved.

As for your second paragraph...I can't make any sense of it. I say he can play but others have the view that he can play. What?

Finally. Kicking him? Hardly. I've said he played his part in our awful season. I'm not going to admonish him from any blame like some folk are.

Lago
27-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Give me strenght, yet another KT love in thread. Frankly the guy was no more than ok, as someone said pace has gone, tackling iffy so lets move on.
This is reminiscent of the Deek love in that went on and on.

SMAXXA
27-05-2014, 12:13 PM
He won't sign for them

correct, he's not heard anything since Locke left so it's not that there's still an interst. Has one concrete offer to remain in the premiership.

Jamesie
27-05-2014, 12:30 PM

If the following is true then Thomson has to be applauded:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-heartbroken-to-end-hibs-career-with-the-drop-1-3423118

"He said: “When Maurice Malpas was asking who was taking penalties I was picking up a drink and I never heard anyone other than Liam Craig and someone else, only two names. I said I would go first, there were a few tired bodies, we were nervous, you could see that by the way we played, and I wanted to stick my chest out and take responsibility."

JimBHibees
27-05-2014, 12:52 PM
If the following is true then Thomson has to be applauded:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-heartbroken-to-end-hibs-career-with-the-drop-1-3423118

"He said: “When Maurice Malpas was asking who was taking penalties I was picking up a drink and I never heard anyone other than Liam Craig and someone else, only two names. I said I would go first, there were a few tired bodies, we were nervous, you could see that by the way we played, and I wanted to stick my chest out and take responsibility."

Just about sums up the attitude of the team. Spineless.

keep the faith
27-05-2014, 12:54 PM
The idea that we were asking for pen takers to put themselves forward at that time gives me an idea of the preparation levels of our coaches!!

munchar
27-05-2014, 01:00 PM
The idea that we were asking for pen takers to put themselves forward at that time gives me an idea of the preparation levels of our coaches!!

Butcher should have told them who was taking 1. Craig first as he's the penalty taker. No hiding, just get up there and get the job done!

easty
27-05-2014, 01:01 PM

I think thats probably pretty standard.

AK86
27-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Do not talk sense on here. It is not allowed.

KT has contributed very little since his return. Some folks memories are clouded by rage

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 01:03 PM
A team with a 2 goal lead shouldn't be preparing for penalties.

munchar
27-05-2014, 01:06 PM
;4033788']A team with a 2 goal lead shouldn't be preparing for penalties.

A professional outfit would be prepared for every possible outcome.

SMAXXA
27-05-2014, 01:07 PM
;4033788']A team with a 2 goal lead shouldn't be preparing for penalties.

I disagree we should absolutely have all bases covered and prepared for every eventuality.

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 01:09 PM
A professional outfit would be prepared for every possible outcome.

So we plan it and the players who've been planned to take the pens are no longer up for it.

****ting themselves as Thommo has pretty much said.

The players who took the pens were the most confident individuals in the team at taking them at the time. That wouldn't have changed with any preparation.

worcesterhibby
27-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Personally I think KT is overrated by many on this board and definitely by himself. He made no difference at all when he came on at the weekend despite being the freshest guy on the park. When he has played he always looks like he will get sent off. Far too busy arguing, abusing refs, picking fights with opponents and losing concentration. No pace, no goalscoring threat and passing ability seems to have left him.

Bye:bye:

munchar
27-05-2014, 01:18 PM
;4033801']So we plan it and the players who've been planned to take the pens are no longer up for it.

****ting themselves as Thommo has pretty much said.

The players who took the pens were the most confident individuals in the team at taking them at the time. That wouldn't have changed with any preparation.

Not a case of planning it. A case of Butcher saying you 5 are up first. Everyone gas to take 1 if they keep scoring anyway. *****bags.

Joe's ice cream
27-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Personally I think KT is overrated by many on this board and definitely by himself. He made no difference at all when he came on at the weekend despite being the freshest guy on the park. When he has played he always looks like he will get sent off. Far too busy arguing, abusing refs, picking fights with opponents and losing concentration. No pace, no goalscoring threat and passing ability seems to have left him.

Bye:bye:

You would have thought that with all those atributes TB would have started him more often!! :wink:

Jim44
27-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Scott Brown was on radio saying that in his opinion, Butcher's unwillingness to play Thomson more often contributed greatly to our downfall.

BH Hibs
27-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Scott Brown was on radio saying that in his opinion, Butcher's unwillingness to play Thomson more often contributed greatly to our downfall.

Butcher out Broonie in :greengrin

Spike Mandela
27-05-2014, 04:21 PM
I Just don't get it? What on earth has he shown on his return to the club that he merits a new deal?

He looks a shadow of the undoubtedly talented player he used to be. Occasional glimpses maybe, that's all.

We shouldn't be losing sleep over losing anybody in that squad really.

snooky
27-05-2014, 04:32 PM

Good point.
Also in the last game when Haynes got injured, Harris had to be called back from the FF stand. We played with 10 men for a minute or so while he got stripped. Someone should have been preparing to come on as soon as the trainer went on the park. Dumb and dumber management.
No wonder the team are slow thinking when the folk on the touchlines are worse.

Jim44
27-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I Just don't get it? What on earth has he shown on his return to the club that he merits a new deal?

He looks a shadow of the undoubtedly talented player he used to be. Occasional glimpses maybe, that's all.

We shouldn't be losing sleep over losing anybody in that squad really.

I'm not holding a candle for Thomson and it's all academic now, but Thomson's perceived lack of effectiveness wasn't helped by Butcher more or less making him a fringe player.

hibsbollah
27-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Good riddance. Great in his first spell, Only ever looked good in his second spell because of the dross on either side of him. As a Hibs player, he'll be mostly remembered for KeithJacksongate.

Iceman1875
27-05-2014, 04:45 PM

Bang on. KT calmed us down when he played (with the exception of Sunday) and was the only one that tried to play football.

He will go on to another premiership club and do well that's a certainty. I'm gutted he's gone.

At Easter Road we play...

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 08:58 PM

You clearly don't like Thomson for your own reasons but it really is a bit pathetic to suggest that he was responsible for Hibs getting relegated this season! :rolleyes:

You have one opinion as to whether Thomson "can play" as you quaintly put it, others such as myself happen to have the view that he "can play" but as a guy who has played at levels & competitions in football that no-one else recently playing at ER can match and he has all of the expreince of that to share with younger players!

Keep kicking him though if it makes you feel better! Won't make those of us with a view formed on what we see when he plays and the history as a footballer he has which we have shared in in part and watched from a distance for the rest of the time!

What you on about? I don't dislike him at all, and I've never once suggested he is solely responsible for us being relegated.

Check out the first post I've quoted of yours above! The one in bold! I think your words could easily mean exactly what you say you have never said? :wink:

I'm sorry I'm not part of the 'Kevin Thomson could have kept us up. He should have played more. We should have kept him.' club. A club where the fact that he actually did play a load of games through the season seems to be disregarded. For all the good experience he has, and the undoubted ability as a footballer he may possess, he didn't really bring much to our season at all.

As for your second paragraph...I can't make any sense of it. I say he can play but others have the view that he can play. What?

That's the bit in my second paragraph and thanks for highlighting the two opinions that you say below that "you couldn't make any sense of it!" It's two opinions, you had one, you implied that he "couldn't play", several more of us had a different one from you!:wink:

Plays for an hour against Hamilton on Sunday. Did nowt. But let's just say that's cos of the tactics rather than because this experienced good footballer failed to get even nearly enough involved.

I did answer this point yesterday on another thread but you have clearly forgotten that. Here's what we both said then!

Thomson has a voice. If he wanted the ball from the defence he could have asked for it and made something happen. He didn't. He was as culpable as the rest. Stanton looked for the ball a lot of the time, and Cummings showed for it quite a bit too, to be fair.

You'll get nae argument from me about the bit in bold. We set up to play for a draw from the start. At 1-0 down we played to keep it at 1-0, Williams was wasting time on goal kicks a couple of mins into the second half. Easter Road was packed out, those players should have been trying to win the game for us. Accepting defeat to lower division opposition is horrible. It's that attitude that means I couldnt give a **** if we get rid of every single one of them.

And how was he going to pull the ball down from 20 to 30 feet in the air above him as the defence constantly fired hoofballs high in the air to our two (laterally one) minute forwards only to see it sail back over his head again as Canning and his Mate (Garcia I think it was), both giants relative to our forwards, won the heading "battle" [ :wink: :greengrin ] to get the ball straight back into our defensive third of the pitch!? :rolleyes:

Then again, maybe my eyesight, match awareness or mental faculties were impaired yesterday and I hadn't noticed! :rolleyes:

You didn't answer the last one though! :wink:

Finally. Kicking him? Hardly. I've said he played his part in our awful season. I'm not going to admonish him from any blame like some folk are.

Read your replies again if you can't see how people might think that you don't like the guy!

I don't normally spend more than a couple of minutes on commenting but you seemed to have forgotten everything that you had said previously so I thought that reminding uyou might be useful for all of us! :wink:

Off for a lie down now! :greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
27-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Give me strenght, yet another KT love in thread. Frankly the guy was no more than ok, as someone said pace has gone, tackling iffy so lets move on.
This is reminiscent of the Deek love in that went on and on.

Maybe do a job in the championship. .... Sorry.