PDA

View Full Version : Today was what we needed!

Kaiserclem
26-05-2014, 09:55 PM
We should all be happy at least in the fact that the club has taken decisive action and got rid of a load of players that have been terrible for us. McPake on TV just now saying not only the players etc. he was rank rotten prior to being injured, as we're the rest. Butcher has done exactly what he said he would do when he arrived. Would he have if we stayed up, we will new know, Only thing. I now hope is there are others who go. Harris, Craig, Nelson, Mcgivern and others are simply not good enough. That's fact! Cummings should not be the sole striker at his age and experience, hopefully will play a lot next season but a straight first choice will not help his development so needs to be used at the right times. Stanton will be the same. The only players I would defo keep would be Cummings for that reason and Stanton. The rest are not good enough. As much as I think TB & MM have been horrendous at least they have emptied the first lot that are terrible. More needed please.

Allan45
26-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Without being nasty, Nelson should also go by the end of the week.
i support Butcher, now I hope he can get most players in who he would like, I give him to Christmas, and if Hibs are not in the top 3 before the new year, butcher will not get us promoted.
glad there is a clear out now......:agree::tbgwa:

number 27
26-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Today may be what we needed but we needed to be doing it as a top flight club. It could well be too late to really matter now.

Kaiserclem
26-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Agreed, we have to be in top 3 at Christmas. Until then we have to support our club and get rid of this doom and gloom pressure we convey at ER. Yes we should be doing it as a top flight club but we aren't. It's killing me we aren't but we have to all be together!

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2014, 10:23 PM
But relegation was the LAST thing we needed. It's a complete disaster and only time will tell how long it will take to recover from. The players released today should have been emptied from an SPL club, not as a knee jerk reaction to relegation. Our medium term future could prove very bleak.

The entire hierarchy of the club should go. They are failures.

IberianHibernian
26-05-2014, 10:24 PM
We should all be happy at least in the fact that the club has taken decisive action and got rid of a load of players that have been terrible for us. McPake on TV just now saying not only the players etc. he was rank rotten prior to being injured, as we're the rest. Butcher has done exactly what he said he would do when he arrived. Would he have if we stayed up, we will new know, Only thing. I now hope is there are others who go. Harris, Craig, Nelson, Mcgivern and others are simply not good enough. That's fact! Cummings should not be the sole striker at his age and experience, hopefully will play a lot next season but a straight first choice will not help his development so needs to be used at the right times. Stanton will be the same. The only players I would defo keep would be Cummings for that reason and Stanton. The rest are not good enough. As much as I think TB & MM have been horrendous at least they have emptied the first lot that are terrible. More needed please.It`s not fact . What is fact is that the four players you mention all played much better before Butcher arrived and they are not the only ones . Most of the players named today would have left whatever happened yesterday whoever was manager and some ( Williams for example ) will have made decisión not Butcher . Most of us prefer 2 Rank rotten 2 when it means cup finals to Butcher`s alternative of relegation and no cup run .

Baader
26-05-2014, 10:26 PM
The thought of entrusting Butcher with the rebuilding terrifies me...

MacGruber
27-05-2014, 06:22 AM
14 is a big number but we've not done much of anything we've needed as yet - pointed this out in another post.

From the 14 that have gone

Hayes, Watmore, Boetang - short term Jan loans up, not really a clear-out

Gold, Horribine, Donaldson, Grant, Murdoch - none with any part to play in the free fall

Maybury - looking likely to move into coaching anyway. Done well but wasn't in the long term plans regardless.

McPake - Always likely to not be offered another deal purely on basis of his injury problems regardless.

So in terms of a clear out, a reaction to this disaster we are looking at Thomson, Cairney, Tiawo & Williams (Williams was also probably leaving of his own accord).

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Might be what you needed, naewhere near far enough for me, started in the wrong place, the real cause of this ****in' mess remains in place.

MoscowHibs
27-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Might be what you needed, naewhere near far enough for me, started in the wrong place, the real cause of this ****in' mess remains in place.

Totally agree wi you Dan, that to55er Petrie has tae go. He is the one and only factor in the steady decline of oor beloved club, however, calm doon Bud, that clown aint worth a coronary.

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Totally agree wi you Dan, that to55er Petrie has tae go. He is the one and only factor in the steady decline of oor beloved club, however, calm doon Bud, that clown aint worth a coronary.If I stop being angry at the mess that arrogant ******* has made of our club, I fear that anger will be replaced by something much worse, apathy.

gorgie greens
27-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Apart from Cummings,Stanton i would keep Hanlon as he was a stand out until he got injured Then our form dropped can't make my mind up about Stevenson as he always gives his all but is he good enough ,maybe in the league were now in

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 07:34 AM
The thought of entrusting Butcher with the rebuilding terrifies me...

:top marks

Kaiserclem
27-05-2014, 08:44 AM

I totally agree! I agree TB, MM, SM & RP should all go aswell. Also, a lot mor eplayers who I think should be away also but at least it's a start and was done in under 24 hours from us being relegated. Yes we didn;t want them there after January but TB probably didn;t have an option. He did try to tell some to find a new club but they stayed as nobody was dafet enough to sign them (KT apart). More will go hopefully and then we have to just try and force RP out the door also. We have all said all season these players are nto good enough, we get rid of some of them the forst day after the season has finsihed and some aren;t happy. Give it a few days as I would be surprised more don;t go.

delbert
27-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Apart from Cummings,Stanton i would keep Hanlon as he was a stand out until he got injured Then our form dropped can't make my mind up about Stevenson as he always gives his all but is he good enough ,maybe in the league were now in

Your idea of a standout and mine are certainly poles apart, quite simply one of the poorest and softest centre halfs it has ever been my misfortune to see in a Hibs strip, consistently bullied by centre forwards and whose distribution from the back was hoofball seasons before Butcher got the gig. Paul Hanlon stood out last season in the same way most of our first team squad did, inept, inadequate and incapable of taking this team forward, mediocrity seems to be so readily accepted at Easter Road, its bloody frightening.

Postman
27-05-2014, 11:58 AM
So this MASS clearout has left us with:

McGivern
Nelson
Hanlon
Forster
Harris
Craig
Stevenson
Tudor-Jones
Robertson
Stanton
Collins
Handling
Heffernan
Cummings

Wow, the other Championship sides will be dreading visits to ER with that quality of player at our disposal! KT and Williams were the only ones we should have keen trying to keep!!