PDA

View Full Version : changed my mind...

strummbo
26-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Earlier, i said i would support the club and keep shelling out as i have done year after year.

Following the revelations from McPake, [who in my opinion is a much better c/h than any of the others] regarding his availability and fitness and in turn non-selection, which beggars belief given the crap we had to watch.

I refuse to support Botcher and Malpiss and will vote with my feet and wallet.

GTF! ya durty *****bags...

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2014, 09:58 PM
a player that is now hoping to get fixed up with another club tells his side of the story and that now becomes gospel/fact :confused: folk in camp McPake will say why would he lie...and folk in camp Butcher will say why would he lie, i guess it all depends on whose camp we are in, as i've said in another post it will be interesting to see where james McPake ends up career wise, i wish him all the best anyway

Callum_62
26-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I tend to believe the folk who said he looked miles away, when playing for u 20's.

Amit
26-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Earlier, i said i would support the club and keep shelling out as i have done year after year.

Following the revelations from McPake, [who in my opinion is a much better c/h than any of the others] regarding his availability and fitness and in turn non-selection, which beggars belief given the crap we had to watch.

Does that mean you'll be supporting James McPake at his new club?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
26-05-2014, 10:09 PM

:rolleyes:

IberianHibernian
26-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Whatever the reality is of McPake`s fitness or his overall ability when fully fit I find it much easier to side with a player who`s been a passionate and proud captain of our club than with a manager who has dragged us to disaster but hasn`t resigned .

The Green Goblin
26-05-2014, 10:52 PM
The time for McPake to make those claims that he was fully match ready was some time within those 10 weeks he said he was bursting to play but wasn`t selected, not after we were `safely` relegated amidst an atmosphere of claim, counter claim and recriminations. When was the last time he played for us again? I don`t doubt his passion for Hibs, and tbh, I have little faith in TB/MM any longer either, but stuff like this serves no purpose whatsoever.

SaulGoodman
26-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Sniff

snooky
26-05-2014, 10:54 PM
I tend to believe the folk who said he looked miles away, when playing for u 20's.

How many miles away does Nelson look, on the same scale?
Just wondered.

Hermit Crab
26-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Reeks of yam.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Botcher and Malpiss?

The quality of intellectual discussion on here is rising by the minute lately.

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 02:26 AM
The time for McPake to make those claims that he was fully match ready was some time within those 10 weeks he said he was bursting to play but wasn`t selected, not after we were `safely` relegated amidst an atmosphere of claim, counter claim and recriminations. When was the last time he played for us again? I don`t doubt his passion for Hibs, and tbh, I have little faith in TB/MM any longer either, but stuff like this serves no purpose whatsoever.I generally agree with you GG but this is nonsense. A player cannot possibly start publicly briefing against his management in the media - especially given the plight we were in. Thomson got ripped to shreds by some fans simply on the basis of rumours that he was causing problems for TB and MM. If McPake had come out in public and started questioning the club's management team he would have been slaughtered, and he would have found it a lot more difficult to find another manager to take him on.

For what it's worth I expect both McPake and Stevenson to prosper somewhere else - they will certainly do better than a mid-table championship side. Stevenson in particular, if he is played in left midfield, has a few decent team mates around him, isn't playing for a team whose only ambition is to avoid defeat, and isn't watching the ball fly fifty feet over his head on the way to a big opposition centre-back.

HoboHarry
27-05-2014, 02:31 AM
I generally agree with you GG but this is nonsense. A player cannot possibly start publicly briefing against his management in the media - especially given the plight we were in. Thomson got ripped to shreds by some fans simply on the basis of rumours that he was causing problems for TB and MM. If McPake had come out in public and started questioning the club's management team he would have been slaughtered, and he would have found it a lot more difficult to find another manager to take him on.

For what it's worth I expect both McPake and Stevenson to prosper somewhere else - they will certainly do better than a mid-table championship side. Stevenson in particular, if he is played in left midfield, has a few decent team mates around him, isn't playing for a team whose only ambition is to avoid defeat, and isn't watching the ball fly fifty feet over his head on the way to a big opposition centre-back.
Where has it been reported that wee Lewis is leaving? I would be really disappointed if he left.....

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 04:05 AM
Where has it been reported that wee Lewis is leaving? I would be really disappointed if he left.....I thought it had been confirmed on the departures threads, although I may be wrong. Part of me would like him to stay, but to be honest I doubt his career would go anywhere playing for Hibs under Butcher. Like Wotherspoon, he could do a lot better elsewhere.

strummbo
27-05-2014, 12:33 PM
im not a yam. been going to ER for over 40 years...

Im disgusted at the double-talk from Botcher. His psychobabble is all about him.

He describes it as 'car-crash'... well you were at the wheel ya trumpet!

He took a perfectly bad under-performing team and them utterly useless.

Four point from February was all we needed! 4 points...

Na... no brainer for me, until he and his monkeys leave then I have serious concerns and my money will remain in my pocket.

Sorry but thats how I feel.

easty
27-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Does that mean you'll be supporting James McPake at his new club?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New club? Haha....he'll no get a new club.

"Hi James, so can you now step onto the treadmill?"

"No need buddy, I'm 100% fit I'm telling ye"

"Well we'll still need you to show us"

"Or, I could save you the time and just tell ye, I'm mega 100% fit, must be true, I'm saying it myself".

Greencore
27-05-2014, 12:57 PM

Lololol haha mcpake... Sorry. I thought he was a painter now.

Joe's ice cream
27-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I thought it had been confirmed on the departures threads, although I may be wrong. Part of me would like him to stay, but to be honest I doubt his career would go anywhere playing for Hibs under Butcher. Like Wotherspoon, he could do a lot better elsewhere.

I would be surprised if he didn't look to get away if he could, i think that as seen with spoony he could kick start his career with a move - i for one would not actualy be that disapointed as think that it would be benifiical to both him and HFC

Jamesie
27-05-2014, 01:03 PM
I would be surprised if he didn't look to get away if he could, i think that as seen with spoony he could kick start his career with a move - i for one would not actualy be that disapointed as think that it would be benifiical to both him and HFC

Lewis is under contract until Spring 2015. Believe it or not he would actually be due his testimonial next year as he made his debut near the start of the 2005/2006 season.