PDA

View Full Version : Penalty order

hibs4thecup1988
26-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere... But look at the picture on BBC site... I have also linked it in here. It looks like they are lined up as to how they would take penalties... First 4 anyways. Then comes Lewis Stevenson. Jason is at the very end. Now has Lewis sh*t it? Or has Jason said he wanted to take it? Interesting... I remember Jason turning at the players before running up. I just wonder.

Northernhibee
26-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I doubt it, it was Lewie that brought the dressing room together in the 11/12 season to let them know we were in a relegation battle, the boy doesn't hide from responsibility.

leithsansiro
26-05-2014, 09:18 PM
I doubt it. Lewis has never shirked a tackle or a challenge all season for Hibs. Whether fans question his talents, people shouldn't question his underlying will for us to win.

More likely, Jason looked confident and said he wanted one. Whether or not TB should have allowed an 18 year old to hit the crucial last penalty is debatable, and I'm sure that some of his more experienced colleagues should have stepped up prior to the shoot out.

hibs4thecup1988
26-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I want to make it clear I am NOT attacking Lewis in this. I am one of his biggest fans.

Cool_Hand_Luke
26-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Penalty takers would have to be decided before the start of the shootout i would have thought and names given to the ref...without changing half way through. Think its only if it goes to sudden death its done on a player by player basis...

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2014, 09:38 PM
First five names must be given to the ref before the shoot out, in the correct order. That cannot change. Lewis wouldn't do that either

Stax
26-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Order would have been decided, Lewis IMO defo not one to hide whatever your opinion of him as a player. Too nervous to pay much attention at the time but looking back a couple of things struck me. Why didn't Craig take first penalty? Why was Cummings allowed to shoulder the responsibility of the last kick (apart from age/keeping him out the firing line) he looked out on his feet / injured to me (looked like groin injury). I also can't remember so many left footed (hibs) pens in a shoot out?

H18 SFR
26-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Penalty takers would have to be decided before the start of the shootout i would have thought and names given to the ref...without changing half way through. Think its only if it goes to sudden death its done on a player by player basis...

Spot on

HoboHarry
27-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Nonsense OP. The bigger question, although it is pretty much irrelevant now, is why it took to get to the 4th penalty kick before we had a striker involved and even then it was an 18 year old? We took off Heffernan and there was no-one left.

Hibercelona
27-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Nonsense OP. The bigger question, although it is pretty much irrelevant now, is why it took to get to the 4th penalty kick before we had a striker involved and even then it was an 18 year old? We took off Heffernan and there was no-one left.

Because we haven't had one striker all season that knows where the goal posts are.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2014, 03:41 AM
Like people have mentioned the first 5 are set in stone before the penalties start. Can't be changed once submitted to the Ref.

Also on the Stevenson topic I hope he's going to be here next season as he has the dig and determination that will be needed. Yes he is limited. But his versatility and overall attitude is right now the only valuable part of the squad we have left.