PDA

View Full Version : I love Hibernian

Bleeds green
26-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I love Hibernian. Through the highs AND the lows. Sometimes it's phenomenal and sometimes it hurts. Badly. But my love is unwavering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Good stuff I will have a pint of what your on :greengrin

The Green Goblin
26-05-2014, 08:32 PM
"Unwavering" Now where have I seen that word recently...,?

Bleeds green
26-05-2014, 08:33 PM
No pints mate just reflecting

Bleeds green
27-05-2014, 03:54 PM

You tell me

erskine-hibby
27-05-2014, 05:03 PM
I think we all love hibernian , just not what's happening with our club.

The Green Goblin
27-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I love Hibernian. Through the highs AND the lows. Sometimes it's phenomenal and sometimes it hurts. Badly. But my love is unwavering.

You tell me

Here:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324

"In the meantime I can only thank you for your unwavering support for the team and for your continued patience as we work towards implementing change"

Mr. R Petrie
Club Statement
25th May 2014

Kato
27-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Good stuff I will have a pint of what your on :greengrin

Lager and creme de menth, obviously.

I love Hibs too, Bleeds green.

Bleeds green
27-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Next season could be the most important season to get behind the team in my lifetime I don't give a rats arse who's in charge of the first team I'll be backing them to the hilt every week

The Green Goblin
27-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Next season could be the most important season to get behind the team in my lifetime I don't give a rats arse who's in charge of the first team I'll be backing them to the hilt every week

As will I. Personally, I'd prefer it if it wasn't Butcher though, given the results since he took over.

Zazu62
27-05-2014, 06:55 PM
When was the last time hibs done something 'phenomenal'?

dmc1875
27-05-2014, 06:56 PM
The biggest worry about the clubs statement is when Petrie uses the word 'sustainable'. We all know what that means in Petrie land.

Bleeds green
27-05-2014, 06:58 PM

Any cup win is 'phenomenal' in my eyes I've seen 2! I seen a phenomenal performance and was part of a 'phenomenal' atmosphere against AEK Athens same goes for the 6-2 against hearts I was also at two 'phenomenal' 3-0 victories at ibrox, all phenomenal to me maybe not to you mate

Famous Fiver
27-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Bleeds green

I'm with you mate.

Looks like we'll be able to wave to each other across an empty terracing next year if this thread is anything to go by !!

The Green Goblin
27-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Bleeds green

I'm with you mate.

Looks like we'll be able to wave to each other across an empty terracing next year if this thread is anything to go by !!

I don't think so FF. I think if certain changes are made, then the support will be there. I also think those changes are long overdue and fair enough, given the sheer number of times the supporters have been shafted. Bleeds Green mentions some great memories, but when was the most recent of them again? Change of the "knock it down and start again" variety is needed, starting with the departure and complete abdication of any and all involvement by RP (imho).

Bleeds green
27-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Bleeds green

I'm with you mate.

The way some go on on here you would think so mate we all know there is something wrong at the core of the club but without the support things could get a whole lot worse on park and financially, things look to be changing it's took too long we all know that but butcher hasn't even been allowed to make one permanent signing of his own give him the opportunity to build his own team and get us straight back up which will be no easy feat

1068gary
27-05-2014, 08:44 PM
October2005, I was late getting to the game because my plane was late, we were 3 nil down at half time against Kilmarnock. We won 4-3. That was phenomenal. Keep the faith, good times will return,

The Green Goblin
27-05-2014, 10:19 PM
The way some go on on here you would think so mate we all know there is something wrong at the core of the club but without the support things could get a whole lot worse on park and financially, things look to be changing it's took too long we all know that but butcher hasn't even been allowed to make one permanent signing of his own give him the opportunity to build his own team and get us straight back up which will be no easy feat

Sorry, but how has Butcher been anything other than a total failure of a manager at Hibs so far? How many chances and games did he have to avoid the playoffs and relegation? What is his record as manager of Hibs? 3 wins in 28? (Happy to stand corrected if that is not 100% accurate, but pretty sure it is).

How could things get a whole lot worse on the park? The support is not the problem. 18000+ on Sunday at ER. The support is there BG, it's the club who have let them down, not the other way round.

Bleeds green
28-05-2014, 07:03 AM
3-4 years in div 1 instead of 1 that's a whole lot worse! 18000 plus on Sunday yes but the atmosphere for 90 percent of the game was flat, anxious, frustrated not a good atmosphere to sit in never mind play, I totally understand why it was that way I just hope the start of this coming season doesn't begin that way

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Yup. I think a lot probably depends on how fast the changes happen. Whatever else happens, it will be a nightmare if there isn't some kind of team ready to go by the end of July.

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Sorry, but how has Butcher been anything other than a total failure of a manager at Hibs so far? How many chances and games did he have to avoid the playoffs and relegation? What is his record as manager of Hibs? 3 wins in 28? (Happy to stand corrected if that is not 100% accurate, but pretty sure it is).

How could things get a whole lot worse on the park? The support is not the problem. 18000+ on Sunday at ER. The support is there BG, it's the club who have let them down, not the other way round.

What about the players ? Your post makes it sound like terry butcher was on the pitch on his own ? Why do you not completely blame the players too ? It used to be the case a manager was given time to build his own squad , to assemble his own group mentality a strong fighting unit . If when given that time it failed he was fired and blamed . Our current manager had someone elses team entirely . And a chairman who ****ed up in jan by not letting him strengthen a shower of ***** . I totally believe that we would have needed an alex ferguson to get these absolute disgraces to avoid relegation and even then would prob have failed . I think butcher is a proud person and has proved that time and again . And if it was his team he would have walked end of this season . Hes still there because he feels he deserves a proper shot at sorting thos club out . And I for one will back the team this season 100% . If he fails this season then he would have to go . Getting sick of the players not shouldering the correct amout of blame for the horrible horrible season we have had .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Lester B
28-05-2014, 10:33 AM
What about the players ? Your post makes it sound like terry butcher was on the pitch on his own ? Why do you not completely blame the players too ? It used to be the case a manager was given time to build his own squad , to assemble his own group mentality a strong fighting unit . If when given that time it failed he was fired and blamed . Our current manager had someone elses team entirely . And a chairman who ****ed up in jan by not letting him strengthen a shower of ***** . I totally believe that we would have needed an alex ferguson to get these absolute disgraces to avoid relegation and even then would prob have failed . I think butcher is a proud person and has proved that time and again . And if it was his team he would have walked end of this season . Hes still there because he feels he deserves a proper shot at sorting thos club out . And I for one will back the team this season 100% . If he fails this season then he would have to go . Getting sick of the players not shouldering the correct amout of blame for the horrible horrible season we have had .

I'm getting sick of repeating the same thing on this. We were 5th with a below average squad. He took us down. Any decent football manager should be able to use the resources he inherits and find a way short term of getting them to play to their abilities. Butcher did not. Where was the much heralded motivation he was so keen on and allegedly good at?? I don't care how proud he is. I have seen nothing from him but turning a poor team into an appalling one.

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm getting sick of repeating the same thing on this. We were 5th with a below average squad. He took us down. Any decent football manager should be able to use the resources he inherits and find a way short term of getting them to play to their abilities. Butcher did not. Where was the much heralded motivation he was so keen on and allegedly good at?? I don't care how proud he is. I have seen nothing from him but turning a poor team into an appalling one.

You didnt have to repeat anything on this . Im just saying the players are as much to blame if not more that TB failings . I just feel there getting of lightly compared to RP and TB . almost to the point in the media where it wasnt there fault just the board and managment . I personally think RP needs to move on and TB did fail in his 6 months but the players in that squad were a disgrace and should shoulder a large portion of blame where we are .
I also am seeing a west coast media scramble to bring hibs down even more and I wonder why ? Could it be because rangers are ****ed ? Season ticket boycott , huge debt they can pay and a real possibility of admin again ? Like the op says and I agree we need to back hibs now hope RP actually stands down or LD actually has the powers she needs and come back up leaving a ****ed up rangers and a totally skint heart behind in the championship .

Lester B
28-05-2014, 10:52 AM
You didnt have to repeat anything on this . Im just saying the players are as much to blame if not more that TB failings . I just feel there getting of lightly compared to RP and TB . almost to the point in the media where it wasnt there fault just the board and managment . I personally think RP needs to move on and TB did fail in his 6 months but the players in that squad were a disgrace and should shoulder a large portion of blame where we are .
I also am seeing a west coast media scramble to bring hibs down even more and I wonder why ? Could it be because rangers are ****ed ? Season ticket boycott , huge debt they can pay and a real possibility of admin again ? Like the op says and I agree we need to back hibs now hope RP actually stands down or LD actually has the powers she needs and come back up leaving a ****ed up rangers and a totally skint heart behind in the championship .

As long as anyone posts the phrase 'Our current manager had someone elses team entirely' or similar I will keep repeating myself as some people don't seem to appreciate that this is not an excuse for Butcher's ineptitude as a tactician and motivator. There is no West Coast media scramble anti Hibs nor do I believe as some have suggested that the BBC coverage takes joy in our plight. We are news worthy just now. Two big clubs in the Championship next season are there through punishment for financial mismanagement. We are there because of an unprecedented almost soap opera like form slump and that is by definition, the kind of thing that fills newspapers.

The Green Goblin
28-05-2014, 08:46 PM

I was replying to a post by Bleeds Green which argued that TB hadn`t been given a fair chance at the job re: signing his own players etc. So my post didn`t mention the players simply because that`s not what we were discussing.

I find that argument completely unconvincing given the complete failure of TB to do his bit to get anything out of the players who, whilst not at all great, and weak as a team/squad, were by no means all untried/inexperienced youngsters or the dregs of the 3rd division or anything like that. Even with a 15 point deduction and a transfer embargo, the yams still managed to get a points total which would have seen us finish 12th under normal conditions. We had a manager with no such restrictions, a manager who, as the person directly responsible for the team and its results, couldn`t even instigate a single win in the very large number of games and chances we had to avoid relegation. The players must take their share of the blame - I don`t see where I said otherwise? But what evidence exactly, suggests to you that Terry Butcher has the managerial ability it will take to bring us back up to the SPFL next season? I can`t think of a single thing, but I am happy to hear your thoughts on what I can`t see.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-05-2014, 08:55 PM
No pints mate just reflecting

Totally mate.
Hibernians always and forever!
I bloody love Hibs.
GGTTH :-)