PDA

View Full Version : Worth A Read...

SonOfTortolano
26-05-2014, 08:19 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/276628-stat-zone-where-did-it-go-wrong-for-terry-butcher-and-hibernian/

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 08:23 PM
It all went wrong when we were 2-0 up at Tannadice and managed to throw the lead away in the last several minutes.

That seemed to have some major knock on effect that we just never seemed to recover from.

SonOfTortolano
26-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah I remember that game....crumbled in the final minutes like yesterday

Zondervan
26-05-2014, 08:27 PM
It all went wrong when we were 2-0 up at Tannadice and managed to throw the lead away in the last several minutes.

That seemed to have some major knock on effect that we just never seemed to recover from.

Correct.

Forward off for Tudor-Jones. Boom, they score and we are set up to defend. Boom. They score again.

It is more or less what Butcher did yesterday.

Phil D. Rolls
26-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Good read, thanks!:aok:

Kaiserclem
26-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Great article. Some sense in there IMO

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 08:33 PM
So many changes in team selection confirm what we all knew the man did not have a clue :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 08:37 PM
So many changes in team selection confirm what we all knew the man did not have a clue :rolleyes:

He seemed to hit the panic button after that game against utd and it's been one mental ride ever since.

Mr White
26-05-2014, 08:42 PM

:agree: I wonder what was said between management and playing staff after that game. it sure looks like the turning point in our season.

Ship Hibs
26-05-2014, 08:45 PM

Notice a pattern there. I'm sure the last time we went down we were two nil up against Rangers and then ended up getting beat 3-2, it was a downward spiral from then on

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 08:46 PM
:agree: I wonder what was said between management and playing staff after that game. it sure looks like the turning point in our season.

"You'll be gone and you'll be gone... oh and you'll be gone too."

Whatever it was, the players rarely turned up for a game again.

leithsansiro
26-05-2014, 09:15 PM
"You'll be gone and you'll be gone... oh and you'll be gone too."

Whatever it was, the players rarely turned up for a game again.

I firmly believe that this was the case. Although players will always play for elements of personal pride etc, being told (in no uncertain terms) that you're not needed is going to take effect. Memories of that game at Tannadice came flooding back to me as the final few minutes ticked round yesterday

trev the hat
26-05-2014, 09:17 PM
http://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/hibernian-the-broken-harp/

JBloggs1875
26-05-2014, 09:25 PM
"Butcher knew that there were members of his squad that needed replacing, and those he wished to move on. This was an entirely reasonable assumption, and there was logic in telling Tim Clancy, Rowan Vine, Kevin Thomson and Tom Taiwo to find new clubs in January. The failing was in then having to turn to the latter pair when things got desperate. Thomson and Taiwo were told they were surplus to requirements on January 8, the former was then recalled for five more appearances, while Taiwo was needed for 10."

This is a great point and I think where it went wrong for Terry! Good article!

Sergey
26-05-2014, 09:29 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/276628-stat-zone-where-did-it-go-wrong-for-terry-butcher-and-hibernian/

That was indeed a well written piece and worth a read.

Thanks for posting.