PDA

View Full Version : Craig too?

eebsie
26-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Sky Sports News has also learned that current club-captain Liam Craig has also been told he is free to find another club.

sahib
26-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Sky Sports News has also learned that current club-captain Liam Craig has also been told he is free to find another club.

It won't be as difficult for him to do that, as it was to find a team mate with a pass.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:47 PM

Good

Shields Hibee
26-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Good. Hopefully we'll hear McGivern & Nelson are getting that news as well soon; might be both under contract still but if someone wants them, let them take them off our hands.

hibeesjoe
26-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Expected good things from Craig but it's not happened. The best result to be honest but I wish him well wherever he ends up. Probably being made captain spoiled it

Sir David Gray
26-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Never thought I would hear myself saying this as I was over the moon when he came in but I'm personally delighted with this.

He's been a joke for months now and quite often has been worse than a man down.

The sad thing is, he'll most likely move on to another club (probably in the Premiership) and be their player of the season next year.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 07:52 PM
It won't be as difficult for him to do that, as it was to find a team mate with a pass.

The passing in the whole team has been really poor now for a long time .....yet during their warm up its one ( about the only) thing they do at pace .......fundamental football skills just seem to be missing during games ..i guess cos the poor wee lambs were performing under pressure !?

Saorsa
Expected good things from Craig but it's not happened. The best result to be honest but I wish him well wherever he ends up. Probably being made captain spoiled itDisnae say too much for TB's judgement though does it? A few months ago he was ideal captain material according tae TB, now he's getting his erse kicked oot the door.

Ken
I rated Craig very highly when he came to the club but he has been embarrassingly bad since he arrived and even more so since he was made captain. Poor man's Sam Stanton!!

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Expected good things from Craig but it's not happened. The best result to be honest but I wish him well wherever he ends up. Probably being made captain spoiled it

I think we will and Heffernan as well - waste of a jersey.

Although I do think we'll be watching the spl on telly next season and asking why we let Craig go. He'll pick an spl team up easily.

Del Boy
We'll need to pay off McGivern and Nelson. No professional football club is going to be remotely interested in either of them.

3pm
McGivern went for a few beers in Tigerlily when he was told to find a new club.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 07:54 PM
McGivern went for a few beers in Tigerlily when he was told to find a new club.:tee hee:

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 07:55 PM

Why only Craig?

Jonnyboy
To be honest I think we were all delighted LC had signed because we generally based our views on him in regard to how he played against us. He scored for fun and so we signed him. Problem is he's not been playing against Hibs any more

Aldo
Best news of the day for me. This guy should of never been made club Capt. Have witnessed some very cowardly and spineless performances from him in the last few months. Hid and for me was an empty jersey.

Will never pull on the jersey again.

Shirker and a coward

Sir David Gray
To be honest I think we were all delighted LC had signed because we generally based our views on him in regard to how he played against us. He scored for fun and so we signed him. Problem is he's not been playing against Hibs any more

Are you sure!? :wink:

Stewboy
Spent a season passing to other teams so doesn't find it too difficult to find a different team

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Are you sure!? :wink:

:greengrin

Billy Whizz

Jonnyboy, when you think back to that match a year past February when Saints out played us, think Vine and Craig may have scored, we were so bad then, and it didn't really get any better.
I still blame Fenlon's recruitment last summer

ehf

Looked good against Stranraer...

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 07:59 PM

:partyhibb :nanawave::nanafunk::nanawave: :partyhibb

Heisenberg
26-05-2014, 07:59 PM
He'll get another gig in the Premiership no bother. He'll probably do well too.

down-the-slope
26-05-2014, 08:01 PM
McGivern went for a few beers in Tigerlily when he was told to find a new club.

I think McGivern will get a club OK - his international caps and previous Man C time will see him OK as the time at hibs will be blamed on managers / club crisis etc and that we can't afford to keep him....

The Sea-gull
26-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Would not be surprised if all the players (barring the young lads like Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Forster) have been told they are free to go if they can get a club. On Craig, don't be surprised to see him go to Aberdeen and don't be surprised to see him do well there.

500miles
26-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Wonder if he'll be top scorer for another team that gets into Europe. Possibly.

What a waste. I can't believe that Butcher has been such a train wreck, and we are having to get rid of proven quality players because he couldn't play them in the right way. Defensive midfield for god's sake.

Winston Ingram
26-05-2014, 08:03 PM
He'll get another gig in the Premiership no bother. He'll probably do well too.

This. A club will play him in his right position and show a bit of faith in him & he'll be bangin them in in no time. Wouldn't surprise me if he's already had offers

Fergos
26-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Was really good of LC, club captain, to leave it to Sammy Satnton to rile the players and move them all up the park on more than one occasion yesterday....he's nothing of a captain but then again TB should have called that one correctly.......amongst numerous other things......

Yet another example of a player with a decent pedigree failing when they come to ER - ridiculous.

itslegaltender
26-05-2014, 08:10 PM
When the hell are we hearing Nelson has been emptied. Feel sick thinking about his performances.

Potty78
26-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Player in there but used badly by butcher. No way a defensive midfielder. He will find a club easy and do well! He should have taken first pen yest in my opinion. Would have put more pressure on Hamilton (maybe).

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 08:15 PM
The worst Hibs captain I have seen, lazy coward of a player for us.

eebsie
26-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Craig is a decent player. Not one of the 'expert' on here said he was a bad signing at the time.
However, he's not been playing in a football team and we've reduced him (and others!) into playing aimless punts up the park to a non existent target man.
I'd rather he stayed and we changed our (non) tactics.

nellio
26-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I was pleased when we signed him. Not a bad player but not been played in his best position. IMO should have been playing as an attacking central midfielder but he's been played left midfield and deeper centrally. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to an SPL club.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Craig is a decent player. Not one of the 'expert' on here said he was a bad signing at the time.
However, he's not been playing in a football team and we've reduced him (and others!) into playing aimless punts up the park to a non existent target man.

It's got **** all to do with what people said when he signed, we have all witnessed his piss poor displays no need to be an "expert",:flag: for us he has been ******.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I was pleased when we signed him. Not a bad player but not been played in his best position. IMO should have been playing as an attacking central midfielder but he's been played left midfield and deeper centrally. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to an SPL club.

Attacking midfielders needs a wee bit pace about them and guile - Liam nearly always needed a touch, then another touch and then by that time an opponent was on him.Lost count the amount of time he in particular was caught on the ball. Seems a nice lad, but woeful for Hibs, woeful.

J-C
26-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Craig was a very good attacking mid who was never played in the hole, played either out wide or as a holder, 2 managers who couldn't play players in the right positions, we had a squad that was perfect for a 4 2 3 1 system yet never played it once, instead we play every other system and wonder why we sucked.

Irish_Steve
26-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I was glad when LC came but I wont be shedding any tears if he goes - it`s petty but what really irks me about him is his two step routine at corners - plants his standing foot by the ball, takes two steps back and then floats a ball in with no pace on it. That means any one attacking the ball has to generate pace on it to score - hands up those who remember hard how Zitelli used to ping corners in at!

nellio
26-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Attacking midfielders needs a wee bit pace about them and guile - Liam nearly always needed a touch, then another touch and then by that time an opponent was on him.Lost count the amount of time he in particular was caught on the ball. Seems a nice lad, but woeful for Hibs, woeful.

Fair comment. Definitely lacking in pace. Needed more space than he was given in the centre of the park, still think he would have been better utilised in a more advanced position. I don't think he should have been captain either. More that happy to shout at the ref but didn't seem to do a lot to drive the boys forward.

HFC 0-7
26-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Bit surprised by that to be honest, butchers captain but now deemed not good enough?!?! Makes me question what butcher is thinking, good enough for captain but out the door, there should be a couple of other players told to find a new club before him.

Wotherspiniesta
26-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Good penalty taker.

Shame about everything else.

Just not good enough. Craig was good playing at St Johnstone, a club playing within their limits, punching above their weight. As soon as he made the move to a bigger club where more is expected of him, he's been found out big time. For a player of his calibre and experience, he made a damn good job of doing absolutely nothing when our backs were up against the wall. Strutting about winning a couple of free kicks against Hamilton when we were 2-0 up was brilliant, Liam. Where were you when we were getting beat against Ross County? Killie? Yesterday? Completely anonymous.

Captain? You're having a laugh.

NGH
26-05-2014, 08:43 PM

I think this just about sums it up for me.

Ronniekirk
26-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Player in there but used badly by butcher. No way a defensive midfielder. He will find a club easy and do well! He should have taken first pen yest in my opinion. Would have put more pressure on Hamilton (maybe).
They didn't look like missing a penalty so don't think it would of made a difference unless we had scored all five . Heff would of scored but wasn't on pitch so don't know who else would of wanted to take one .

leithsansiro
26-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Liam Craig is probably an alright player. I think that he will go on to another club (probably St J) and do well again. When we signed him, we were all looking forward to his drive, creativity and goals from midfield. Sadly, our tactics this season have never allowed him to thrive. the decision to make him captain was probably a poor one in hindsight.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 09:31 PM
They didn't look like missing a penalty so don't think it would of made a difference unless we had scored all five . Heff would of scored but wasn't on pitch so don't know who else would of wanted to take one .

"Have"

Frazerbob
26-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Folk up here convinced Craig is signing for Aberdeen. They're also in for Williams by all accounts.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Folk up here convinced Craig is signing for Aberdeen. They're also in for Williams by all accounts.
Wouldn't be surprised if Craig goes there - and they definitely need a keeper if they want to kick on.

leithsansiro
26-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Craig goes there - and they definitely need a keeper if they want to kick on.

And he'll do well, because McInnes would use him properly.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2014, 09:33 PM

They could do worse than sign Williams.

He's one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland in my opinion.

Bobby's Cinema
26-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Master of the ball down the line without looking. Will not be missed

Delboy4
26-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Liam Craig is probably an alright player. I think that he will go on to another club (probably St J) and do well again. When we signed him, we were all looking forward to his drive, creativity and goals from midfield. Sadly, our tactics this season have never allowed him to thrive. the decision to make him captain was probably a poor one in hindsight.

This.

When played in the right position he could do a job in my opinion. I was at the game away to Killie when he scored 2 goals but that day he was sitting behind the attacker.

Its that bad state of affairs that he is wanting out of Hibs and isn't even caring for a pay off! The training, running of the club is woeful.

We've said it for years...Petrie has to go! All he is doing is looking after his shares in the club, he couldn't give a toss about the team on the park.

GGTTH