PDA

View Full Version : Next year

Hibee-Wylie
26-05-2014, 06:40 PM
I know everyone is hurt about the events yesterday but not turning up next season is not the answer. We should all turn up in our numbers and support the new squad that's going to be in place along with the management. Not turning up which will result in staying in the championship next year. If we want to go back up and compete in the championship we need to turn up to the games home and away which is what I'll be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 06:45 PM
if Butcher does the right thing and resigns I will buy a ST if not I will not be popping along to ER to watch HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

HE HAS HAD SEVERAL CHANCES AND FAILED TIME TO GO.

IF HE STAYS HE WILL SPLIT THE SUPPORT.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
26-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I know everyone is hurt about the events yesterday but not turning up next season is not the answer. We should all turn up in our numbers and support the new squad that's going to be in place along with the management. Not turning up which will result in staying in the championship next year. If we want to go back up and compete in the championship we need to turn up to the games home and away which is what I'll be doing.

Is that you Rod?

We've heard similar talk for years and backed the team. What good did it do us?

Hibee-Wylie
26-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Well if you aren't going to turn up what's the point in supporting hibs? It's the only way forward. Surely the relegation has woken the club up to realise what state it is in. There will be glory hunters there only going to turn up to the derbies and the rangers games.

Kaiserclem
26-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Well if you aren't going to turn up what's the point in supporting hibs? It's the only way forward. Surely the relegation has woken the club up to realise what state it is in. There will be glory hunters there only going to turn up to the derbies and the rangers games.

Well said! Not turning up will result in no Hibs. Plain and simple! We need to back the club and, as raging as we all are, need to support the team. Well, if we manage to get some players that is.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 06:55 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyou think it's woken Petrie up tae the damage he's done? Has it ****, the **** is still here! he's mair interested his position at the SFA than the damage he is doing by remaining here and he disnae give a ****. Self interested ****er. while he remains there winnae be a penny from me, that's all that **** understands so that's how it will be until he ****s off

Hibee-Wylie
26-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Haven't you realised how many times we've tried to get rid of him? It won't work! Terry is a proven success in the Scottish game and back the club is the only way forward. If you don't turn up next year no point in supporting Hibs, relegation is the time the club needs the fans most. Wouldn't be that if they got to a cup final and about 25,000 and demanding tickets would it be?

madhatter
26-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Sorry to tell you the owner and Chairman of this club are wake and have been for years - they don't care. I came to virtually every home game this season - what did I get with the 17k+ Hibs fans on Sunday? Relegation and HOOOOOOOF!!!!!

These statements are becoming quite patronising to be honest. Every year we get this birthday card **** and no sustainable action is taken. We're a poisoned chalice, players become worse here and the fans hate the players, management and board. None of this will be fixed by us turning up and clapping our hands every week. Sorry, it won't.

On a similar thought process - we must be one of the most secretive, non-revealing, patronising "community" football club in the world. "the wind of change will blow through the Club" in my mind is just Cummings opening a tin of beans and letting one rip. Nothing will change. Nothing. Hasn't before under almost identical circumstances. This club is becoming a serial abuser of it's fans. Depressing doesn't even cover it.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:00 PM

If not turning up forces changes. Then perhaps not turning up IS the answer.

If there's one thing we haven't tried yet. It's NOT turning up.

Hibee-Wylie
26-05-2014, 07:02 PM
If not turning up forces changes. Then perhaps not turning up IS the answer.

If there's one thing we haven't tried yet. It's NOT turning up.

What and get relegated once more? Not a chance. I've purchased my season ticket already and will be there next season.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:05 PM
What and get relegated once more? Not a chance. I've purchased my season ticket already and will be there next season.

We turned up this season and got relegated. We've turned up every season and have recieved nothing other than bitter disappointment.

This board only care about the figures. I say we **** up their figures, then I can guarantee you that they'll be all ears.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 07:07 PM

You think your support will prevent relegation? No. The club were in rosy position where all they had to do was make a decent team and fans would show up. Didn't have to be amazing, just play quite good football. Now, that they have ****** that up, they need to speculate to accumulate. Fans will return once changes are made (many substantial changes). Empty promises and bravado is, as close as Petrie can get to talking out his **** without actually doing so at this point.

Club have taken our money - where has it gone? We lose out on players to smaller teams, we have a 49% ratio between turnover and wages. Where's the money? We buy merchandise, we buy into the Hibs lotto and other schemes and turn up in numbers - where is the money? None of it reaches the playing squad so where is it?

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Well said! Not turning up will result in no Hibs. Plain and simple! We need to back the club and, as raging as we all are, need to support the team. Well, if we manage to get some players that is.

I have been giving to Hibs for 50 years i think the time has now come for the owner and board to seek fresh investment and give something to the fans.
As far back as Colin Stein Hibs have sold EVERYTHING of any value. Expecting fans to show blind faith and look where that has got us.

For me until there is genuine change I will not be back, having said that if Butcher goes and Petrie steps aside I think this has the potential to provide a fresh start giving all parties an opportunity to work together.

Do Petrie and Butcher have the clubs best interests at Heart or do they simply have their own selfish interests ? I suppose we will see.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:09 PM
You think your support will prevent relegation? No. The club were in rosy position where all they had to do was make a decent team and fans would show up. Didn't have to be amazing, just play quite good football. Now, that they have ****** that up, they need to speculate to accumulate. Fans will return once changes are made (many substantial changes). Empty promises and bravado is, as close as Petrie can get to talking out his **** without actually doing so at this point.

Club have taken our money - where has it gone? We lose out on players to smaller teams, we have a 49% ratio between turnover and wages. Where's the money? We buy merchandise, we buy into the Hibs lotto and other schemes and turn up in numbers - where is the money? None of it reaches the playing squad so where is it?

Not Rod Petrie anyway. As he doesn't get paid according to some. :faf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Haven't you realised how many times we've tried to get rid of him? It won't work! Terry is a proven success in the Scottish game and back the club is the only way forward. If you don't turn up next year no point in supporting Hibs, relegation is the time the club needs the fans most. Wouldn't be that if they got to a cup final and about 25,000 and demanding tickets would it be?

How is he a proven success? He hasn't won anything or achieved anything.

Just because he done well at ICT (under no pressure and low expectation) does not make him a success.

Horrendous manager. Him and his foul mouthed assistant no one likes can do one.

cleanyman
26-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Hear this garbage all the time.

We have backed the team magnificently this season and its ended up in relegation.

Thousands won't be back until we start winning games.

Gettin' Auld
26-05-2014, 07:13 PM
We turned up this season and got relegated. We've turned up every season and have recieved nothing other than bitter disappointment.

This board only care about the figures. I say we **** up their figures, then I can guarantee you that they'll be all ears.

Correct - The only language those ****ers understand is ££££££££

Emotional arguments mean hee haw to them. You want changes, you hit them in the pocket.

It's our ££££££ that they need so we hold all the aces......IF we choose to play them.

greenpaper55
NOTHING will change with that lot in charge, they have had many years to put in place their master plan so why should it work now ?.

WestStandMoaner

After yesterday we should all become glory hunters, why should we keep giving our hard earned cash to Petrie, because one thing is clear it does not get spent on the team

emerald green
26-05-2014, 07:15 PM

The bit in bold. :faf::faf::faf:

madhatter
26-05-2014, 07:16 PM
A slightly wonky student has decided to organise a student gathering in support of Nick Clegg...

"He's betrayed us, stabbed us in the back but it'll be good from now on - he has apologised!"

Replace student with supporter and Nick Clegg with Rod Petrie.

Some people are sadly born with an unnatural thirst for power - Petrie is one of them, as is Clegg.

We'll all clap Petrie to his SFA blazer - that better?

"Hibernian managing director Rod Petrie has urged their fans to show patience over their search for a manager." - 2012
"Rod Petrie asks furious Hibs fans for ‘patience’" - 2014

yeezus.
26-05-2014, 07:19 PM

Fair play to you, I'll be doing the same.

nic81
26-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Let's face it, most of you who have said you wont be back will be back, the hurt and anger we are all feeling will be muted by the time the season rolls around. Easy to make rash decisions.....me i am looking forward to the away trips:hibees

Hibee-Wylie
26-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Fair play to you, I'll be doing the same.

Surely relegation yesterday would urge people to turn up.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Let's face it, most of you who have said you wont be back will be back, the hurt and anger we are all feeling will be muted by the time the season rolls around. Easy to make rash decisions.....me i am looking forward to the away trips:hibees

I'll be attending away games too. But sad to say, I won't be attending any of the home games. This board isn't getting a penny off me.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 07:26 PM

Why?

Pain, pain and more pain?

I can't speak about everyone but in terms of myself I've supported Hibs all season. Never booed and never abused players, management or board at games or in person as I don't agree with it. I do agree with protest somewhat though as this club is systematically dying.

Saying relegation would urge people to turn up is nonsense, really is. Have you seen the football we've been playing all season? Did you see the Premiership team on Sunday - I'm pretty sure they played in red and white...
I'm not going to promise my Saturday and money to a club that will not repay the favour. Bottomless pit comes to mind. We turned up in numbers against Malmo - recorded a historic loss and writing was etching across the wall. What was done - nothing. Motherwell have had less than 1/2 of our average attendance this season, we are relegated and they are 2nd and in Europe. Turning up in numbers brings us nothing. Absolutely nothing.

yeezus.
26-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Yeah as difficult as it is I'm not about to start not turning up just because we've been relegated.

nic81
26-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I'll be attending away games too. But sad to say, I won't be attending any of the home games. This board isn't getting a penny off me.

Well i have to say i agree with that in terms of ST money, since August last year (well early bird payment plan so say April) the club have had over 1k from me, i chose to sponsor a player next season rather than get a ST, very glad i did however, will i be at the 2 home derbies next year.....absolutely!!

Nomeancity
26-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Ok I've had a day to get my head round it. I would give my left nut for us to be back in the premiership. But now I've had a think I have to say there is a bit of me that is looking forward to next season. The league SHOULD be competitive, we have derbies, and I have a couple of mates who support some of the other teams - so a few sessions being talked about already.
So let's just get on with it- we're hibbies. We know by now that football is just one never ending disappointment

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 07:31 PM

Glory hunters supporting Hibs?

Worst glory hunters ever.

Shields Hibee
26-05-2014, 07:35 PM
What will be interesting is how many PATG's turn up as if they continue charging £22 & £28 for Championship football then it wont be many based on performances this season under TB.

Anyone know how many ST's renewed before the original deadline?

yeezus.
26-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Why?

Pain, pain and more pain?

I can't speak about everyone but in terms of myself I've supported Hibs all season. Never booed and never abused players, management or board at games or in person as I don't agree with it. I do agree with protest somewhat though as this club is systematically dying.

Saying relegation would urge people to turn up is nonsense, really is. Have you seen the football we've been playing all season? Did you see the Premiership team on Sunday - I'm pretty sure they played in red and white...
I'm not going to promise my Saturday and money to a club that will not repay the favour. Bottomless pit comes to mind. We turned up in numbers against Malmo - recorded a historic loss and writing was etching across the wall. What was done - nothing. Motherwell have had less than 1/2 of our average attendance this season, we are relegated and they are 2nd and in Europe. Turning up in numbers brings us nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Well I've been watching Stranraer since birth so I'm used to *****3

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Glory hunters supporting Hibs?

Worst glory hunters ever.

Patience is the name of their game

Emerald
26-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Every single game next year will take on huge significance. We really need to think about winning the league and that means winning every game we play. We are all in shock and hurting right now but I think the fans will need to play a huge part next season and we will turn up in big numbers. The games v Hearts and Rangers will be bigger than ever before and I think us fans will enjoy it. It's not a nice place to be right now but that's where we are. If ever we needed to back the (new) team and whoever manages it, it really is now.

We got relegated, we have to deal with it.

AL-Qaholik
26-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Nope, sorry, not for me.

The only thing that will affect change at the club is the refusal of fans to hand over any more of their hard earned cash to the utter charlatans destroying the club from within.

Until they have ALL left, the club won't get a single penny from me.

Emerald
26-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Nope, sorry, not for me.

The only thing that will affect change i at the club is the refusal of fans to hand over any more of their hard earned cash to the utter charlatans destroying the club from within.

Until they have ALL left, the club won't get a single penny from me.

Its just a game of fitba where you can get together with your mates, moan a bit, cheer a bit and vent a bit of passion anger or pride, you're a long time deid! The team always needs you and your money, maybe next season we'll have something to cheer about, if not we can all moan again but at least we're supporting them and that is all we can do. It's hard to take though, I know.

Hibeesmad
26-05-2014, 10:41 PM
I want new players this season who actually suit our managers style of play, I want to see us better organised and putting in more effort, I want us to finish in the top 4 to get into the play offs or even win the league and I want us to get a good run in every cup. Is that too much to ask for?

Emerald
26-05-2014, 10:45 PM
I want new players this season who actually suit our managers style of play, I want to see us better organised and putting in more effort, I want us to finish in the top 4 to get into the play offs or even win the league and I want us to get a good run in every cup. Is that too much to ask for?

I think we NEED to win the league!

EdinMike
Won't see me next year, I've put too much money into this abysmal practice.

coldingham hibs
Yes. You have to remember that the teams in the Premiership will also be looking to strengthen their squads, including Dundee & Hamilton. These teams have the carrot of playing in the top division we don't.

Emerald
26-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Yes. You have to remember that the teams in the Premiership will also be looking to strengthen their squads, including Dundee & Hamilton. These teams have the carrot of playing in the top division we don't.

I'm not having a go at anybody for not wanting to go back and being pig sick of pouring money into the club etc. BUT, being a football supporter is about supporting the club through thick and thin. We have had thin for at least 6/7 years now but you support the team not their league status. The Jambo's will take great delight in showing their big support next season and I for one want to see our support have as much passion and ambition as them. We need to get over this ASAP and rally round our club or our bairns and grand bairns will have another Dundee on their hands. BTW I'm the biggest moaner ever about what is going on at our club but boy do they need you now.

Keep the faith

Edit: wrong post I've tagged, sorry CH