PDA

View Full Version : Petrie will get in his lifeboat before the end.

Pages : [1] 2

madhatter
26-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Petrie stinks of a man that would put out statements like "stick together" and "we'll be fine" whilst engineering his exit from this sinking ship.

100k+ a year will certainly help the standards of his lifeboat whilst we commoners suffer ( drown with our club ). Horrible detached man. reminds me of Clegg, Farage and Cameron. Men who do not understand from anyone else's perspective because their heads are firmly up their backsides...

Waxy
26-05-2014, 05:39 PM
All he seems to care about is keeping power.Doubt he's capable of feeling the horrific emotions felt by 18000 hibbys yesterday.Doubt he cares at all.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Petrie hasn't had a salary from the club for a couple of years. As reported, the meeting with TB & MM was held with the new CEO, Leeann Dempster in attendance (even though she doesn't officially start until next week). He has said on the official site that he's handing over all of his executive powers to Dempster.

Is there any need for this thread? Not for those that pay attention.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Petrie hasn't had a salary from the club for a couple of years. As reported, the meeting with TB & MM was held with the new CEO, Leeann Dempster in attendance (even though she doesn't officially start until next week). He has said on the official site that he's handing over all of his executive powers to Dempster.

How does he live then? He will never give up his power. He has lost it.

No need for your obtuse attitude but Ill reply in kind. Is there any need for your opinion? Not for those that actually pay attention.

AlbertK86
26-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Petrie hasn't had a salary from the club for a couple of years. As reported, the meeting with TB & MM was held with the new CEO, Leeann Dempster in attendance (even though she doesn't officially start until next week). He has said on the official site that he's handing over all of his executive powers to Dempster. Is there any need for this thread? Not for those that pay attention.

Aye ok sorry Son of KING ROD

AlbertK86
26-05-2014, 05:50 PM
And the ******* is still smirking as he walks in with Leeann

No shame

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 05:54 PM
How does he live then? He will never give up his power. He has lost it.

No need for your obtuse attitude but Ill reply in kind. Is there any need for your opinion? Not for those that actually pay attention.

If I have any sort of attitude it's because of the volume of ill informed guff that's posted on here despite the facts being available for anyone that's actually interested.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 05:54 PM

Behave yourself.

HNA7
26-05-2014, 05:57 PM

Cut it out please.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 06:00 PM
If I have any sort of attitude it's because of the volume of ill informed guff that's posted on here despite the facts being available for anyone that's actually interested.

What facts? Petrie has apologised? De ja vu. Statement of change isn't fact only conjecture. Facts need action to define them not something someone says. I may not be well informed but pray tell, how does Petrie make cash if he is chairman of Hibs and doesn't get paid by his all-endearing owner? Busking perhaps?

Facts are Petrie has killed this club. Proof there if you look. Notorious for delivering empty promises and looking smug whilst club collapses. Proof there also. Where is proof for anything else?

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Petrie receives no salary from Hibs - fact.

Petrie has said he's handing over all of his executive powers to Leeann Dempster - fact.

The rest is conjecture and opinion on your part.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I knew it would only be a matter of time before Petries dwindling band of supporters, get there laptops out while sitting on there yachts off the coast of warmer climes while displaying a patronizing attitude to the commoners while also trying to claim some street cred by saying things like 'you know nuffin' very boring!

GordonHFC
26-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Isn't it true that he has to be at a/the club in some form of senior role if indeed he wants to rule the SFA. Is this the reason he wont resign or leave the club?

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm not a Petrie supporter. The only people trying to gain street cred are those starting snidey threads based on nonsense.

Now leave me in peace or my lobster will be overcooked.

The Modfather
26-05-2014, 06:14 PM

Petrie has said he's handing over all of his executive powers to Leeann Dempster - fact.

Petrie also said there was a 5 year plan - fact

We were promised a summer of change after that cup final - fact.

I don't believe a single thing he says. Everything he does is out of self interest and his ego.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 06:15 PM

So you are telling me Petrie hasn't taking a salary from hibs in 2 years? I've heard it all now.

The man needs to earn a loving so where is he getting a wage? He's taking all the flack because he's hibs daft aye?

Come on!

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm not a Petrie supporter. The only people trying to gain street cred are those starting snidey threads based on nonsense.

Now leave me in peace or my lobster will be overcooked.

Didn't we all hear how he is taking a back seat a while back? How did that pan out again??

madhatter
26-05-2014, 06:19 PM

OK, how does he live? How do you know also?

How can a statement from a notorious failure be seen as fact? Yes he said that but delivering said promise is by no means a fact. Stating that the outcome of a statement is fact is simply conjecture sorry. E.g. We'll be better together; we must get independence as we'll be better on our own. Both of these are statements, neither are facts.

Tell the hibs fans protesting about your facts. I'm sure you'll get more factual information than you can handle. E.g. who has overseen this decline and done zilch about it - Petrie (fact); who is smug whilst their company is in disarray and its customers are in uproar, Petrie (fact).

Sorry really don't understand where Petrie protectors come from...There is nothing good about the man apart from making sure everything is in the black rather than red. Absolutely nothing for him at this club now.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:19 PM
So you are telling me Petrie hasn't taking a salary from hibs in 2 years? I've heard it all now.

The man needs to earn a loving so where is he getting a wage? He's taking all the flack because he's hibs daft aye?

Come on!

It's in the published accounts.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Didn't we all hear how he is taking a back seat a while back? How did that pan out again??

With the head hunting and appointment of Dempster, I'm inclined to believe it this time.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 06:20 PM
It's in the published accounts.

Anywhere I can find this?

I'm honestly refusing to believe he's not accepting a pay. I actually find that ludicrous!

madhatter
26-05-2014, 06:21 PM

He paid to get the steering wheel moved to the back...

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 06:21 PM
With the head hunting and appointment of Dempster, I'm inclined to believe it this time.

Hope so but then I believed him the first time.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Trust is earned - fact.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Hope so but then I believed him the first time.

Me too. We'll just have to wait and see.

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Isn't it true that he has to be at a/the club in some form of senior role if indeed he wants to rule the SFA. Is this the reason he wont resign or leave the club?

Seems so.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Anyone know where I can get hold of the accounts? I'm not taking this in and have to see it in black and white.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 06:32 PM

I don't know where petrie gets his money from but you don't either, unless you have access to Petries database, I just don't trust Petrie, I bet he gets something from somewhere, a lack of transparency has been at the club ever since Petrie became chairman

talcy
26-05-2014, 06:38 PM

If he's handing over all executive powers to Dempster next week, why did he release a statement backing her into a corner regarding the Manager on the official website last night? Is that the action of someone relinquishing control and taking a back seat? Not for those that pay attention.

steakbake
26-05-2014, 06:44 PM
All he seems to care about is keeping power.Doubt he's capable of feeling the horrific emotions felt by 18000 hibbys yesterday.Doubt he cares at all.

Smiling when it went to pens. Says it all. Man is a total walloper and unless we have an absolutely stunning bit of early transfer activity to show the club is serious, then I won't be throwing any more money at the club while he's in the hotseat. They've cried wolf once too often.

churchie16
26-05-2014, 06:48 PM
F*** rod petrie money grabber! Whos charmain at st johnstone a st johnstone man! Whos chairwomen at hearts a hearts woman! Celtic? A celtic man! And at hibs? A buisness man get him to f***!

Weir7
26-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Do you have a season ticket and attend go to games?

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 06:51 PM
It's a FACT that Petrie talks and nothing happens.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:52 PM
If he's handing over all executive powers to Dempster next week, why did he release a statement backing her into a corner regarding the Manager on the official website last night? Is that the action of someone relinquishing control and taking a back seat? Not for those that pay attention.

Could it be possible that he consulted her first, especially given her presence at today's meeting?

steakbake
26-05-2014, 06:52 PM
F*** rod petrie money grabber! Whos charmain at st johnstone a st johnstone man! Whos chairwomen at hearts a hearts woman! Celtic? A celtic man! And at hibs? A buisness man get him to f***!

He's not even one of those. He's probably done more damage to the long term health of the balance sheet with his bargain basement approach to staffing the on field department of the club.

Sorry to say it, but all this lets work together, joining butchers army etc etc is just rearranging the deckchairs.

He can royally do one.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Do you have a season ticket and attend go to games?

What do you think?

Weir7
26-05-2014, 06:59 PM
What do you think?

No

talcy
26-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Could it be possible that he consulted her first, especially given her presence at today's meeting?

If by consult you mean inform her of the club's 2 majority shareholders wishes with regards to the Manager, yes I'm sure he did.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:03 PM
I understand RP has Directorship of other companies which is likely the source of his income

smurf
26-05-2014, 07:17 PM
I understand RP has Directorship of other companies which is likely the source of his income

And to all intents and purposes has been working parttime at ER. Leadership vaccum...

Weir7
26-05-2014, 07:17 PM

I think at last count 28 of farmers companies. Farmer pays petrie to work for him.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:19 PM
And to all intents and purposes has been working parttime at ER. Leadership vaccum...

I think at last count 28 of farmers companies. Farmer pays petrie to work for him.

:agree: AFAIK none of those salaries come through Hibs

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:23 PM
:agree: AFAIK none of those salaries come through Hibs

Perhaps not directly. But all business jargon to the side, it all looks the same on the surface.

The more money paid to Petrie, the less money invested in the team.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Perhaps not directly. But all business jargon to the side, it all looks the same on the surface.

The more money paid to Petrie, the less money invested in the team.

You miss the point as usual. People wanted to know if RP is salaried at Hibs. He's not.

Quite a simple subject to follow don't you think?

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 07:29 PM
You miss the point as usual. People wanted to know if RP is salaried at Hibs. He's not.

Not if it doesn't suit your agenda.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:30 PM

:agree:

Sumner
26-05-2014, 07:31 PM

GOOD - he does not deserve to take a salary
.. handing over power to Dempster - but NOT the financial final decisions
He has overseen years of decline, culminating in relegation - FACT, not conjecture

.. the opinion on my part is you would excuse Petrie of anything & have no impartiality

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:31 PM

What does it matter? It's just wording at the end of the day.

Whether he is paid by Hibs directly or not is irrelevant, as it still directly effects us in more or less the same way anyway.

To try and use it as some sort of defence is beyond ridiculous.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Whether he is paid by Hibs directly or not is irrelevant, as it still directly effects us in more or less the same way anyway.

Who's using it as a defence? Read my last post again. Folk said he gets paid by Hibs, I said he doesn't. That's fact, not defence.

You really are a sorry little man.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 07:35 PM
GOOD - he does not deserve to take a salary
.. handing over power to Dempster - but NOT the financial final decisions
He has overseen years of decline, culminating in relegation - FACT, not conjecture

.. the opinion on my part is you would excuse Petrie of anything & have no impartiality

Utter crap - FACT!

Beefster

You know what a straw man is?

Jonnyboy is spot on. The fact is that Rodders' wages don't come from Hibs, they come from Farmer or other companies.

Kato
Facts are Petrie has killed this club.

Really?

madhatter
26-05-2014, 07:36 PM

And pray tell, what is our agenda and what is yours?

Typical admin staff are likely to get axed whilst we record a 49% ratio between salaries and turnover, double the average attendance to games as 2nd place (Motherwell) and quadruple the average attendance to games as the SC winners (St Johnstone). We've lost out on players due to lack of funds invested in playing team and if you put everything else together, surely you must admit at the very least the club is hemorrhaging cash somewhere?

Petrie is our overseer and has seen us failing whilst doing it on the cheap. All the while making rallying call to fans and getting big turnouts and an average attendance of 11k+ over the season. Yet money disappears. We'll record a loss due to relegation obviously but will we be signing non-league players in our attempt to get back up? We won't lure many other players, unless they are massive Hibs fans.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Really?

Well, who else?

Butcher (aka scapegoat #14), or Fenlon (aka scapegoat #13), or Calderwood (aka scapegoat #12)...

Or is it us, the fans who are to blame?

number 27
26-05-2014, 07:38 PM

Do we actually know this as a fact though? I know he was not taking a salary from Hibs for a while but his role subsequently changed when the Lindsay/Hyland dream team left and there was some conjecture that he was now back to taking payment through the club.

We will need to wait for the next set of accounts of course because there is no chance of anyone at hibs ever actually just telling us anything.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Who's using it as a defence? Read my last post again. Folk said he gets paid by Hibs, I said he doesn't. That's fact, not defence.

You really are a sorry little man.

The owner of Hibs pays an employee of Hibs. That's how businesses operate anyway.

By the way, you're just bitterly angry at me because you've been wrong on so many things. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
You know what a straw man is?

Jonnyboy is spot on. The fact is that Rodders' wages don't come from Hibs, they come from Farmer or other companies.

Farmer is the owner of Hibs. Or did I miss something? :confused:

Kato
Well, who else?

Butcher (aka scapegoat #14), or Fenlon (aka scapegoat #13), or Calderwood (aka scapegoat #12)...

Or is it us, the fans who are to blame?

I was querying whether Hibs were dead. As far as I know we'll be playing in the Championship next season.

Beefster
26-05-2014, 07:41 PM
The owner of Hibs pays an employee of Hibs. That's how businesses operate anyway.

By the way, you're just bitterly angry at me because you've been wrong on so many things. :rolleyes:

Farmer Autocare pays an exhaust replacement guy. Using your logic, the exhaust guy is paid by Hibs.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:41 PM

:faf: it's not anger, it's pity that you live in your make believe world and start blubbing when folk refuse to buy into you made up stories

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Do we actually know this as a fact though? I know he was not taking a salary from Hibs for a while but his role subsequently changed when the Lindsay/Hyland dream team left and there was some conjecture that he was now back to taking payment through the club.

We will need to wait for the next set of accounts of course because there is no chance of anyone at hibs ever actually just telling us anything.

The accounts verify it

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Farmer Autocare pays an exhaust replacement guy. Using your logic, the exhaust guy is paid by Hibs.

Farmer autocare doesn't pay an exhaust replacement guy. Farmer pays an exhaust replacement guy. It's his company.

Just because it doesn't come out of his RBS account or whatever, doesn't mean that it isn't still coming out of an account that belongs to him. It's HIS company.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 07:44 PM

The more money paid to Petrie, the less money invested in the team.You really need tae just let things go when you are totally wrong.

Waged or unwaged is an irrelevance anyway it makes nae difference, it's just him being here, he needs tae **** off, simple as that.

Hibeesmad
26-05-2014, 07:44 PM
If he doesn't get paid then why is he still with us? Surely if you are in a job, you wouldn't work if you wasn't getting paid and then on top of all of that, if you wasn't getting paid and you have thousands of people not wanting you doing that job then you would walk away?

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:45 PM

Sadly, you're wasting your time Beefster. The oracle has spoken :agree:

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 07:46 PM
If he doesn't get paid then why is he still with us? Surely if you are in a job, you wouldn't work if you wasn't getting paid and then on top of all of that, if you wasn't getting paid and you have thousands of people not wanting you doing that job then you would walk away?He's here out of self interest and his position at the SFA, he disnae give a **** about the damage he is doing by still being here

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:47 PM
You really need tae just let things go when you are totally wrong.

Waged or unwaged is an irrelevance anyway it makes nae difference, it's just him being here, he needs tae **** off, simple as that.

Agreed J.

For the sake of clarity, my comments re RP getting a salary are merely to clarify that he doesn't. That's for the hard of thinking :greengrin

Personally, I'd like to boot RP's er5e as far away from ER as possible :agree:

madhatter
26-05-2014, 07:48 PM
I was querying whether Hibs were dead. As far as I know we'll be playing in the Championship next season.

17k+ turn up for relegation playoff. 11k average and is likely to decline rapidly due to relegation and vast majority being fed up. Fans protest for the, eh, I've lost count, how many times this season? Oh, I can assure you whilst we'll be plying our trade in a difference division, the only way is down under the current regime. Only they can turn die-hard Hibs fans away from the stands. I'm happy to support my club but in all honesty this doesn't feel like my/our club. So abstracted now it's quite scary. They dictate from on-high and we can do nothing. Powerless fans = dying club. Remember what Petrie said himself "Without the fans, the club is nothing". He states that but only promised "changes" without anything tangible being apparent.

A club that should be out of business but isn't (Hearts) probably have more players than us at the moment. Sign of the times at ER - we sung "Hearts are going bust" without realising someone had put a bag of flaming **** on our door step.

Beefster
26-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Farmer autocare doesn't pay an exhaust replacement guy. Farmer pays an exhaust replacement guy. It's his company.

Just because it doesn't come out of his RBS account or whatever, doesn't mean that it isn't still coming out of an account that belongs to him. It's HIS company.

Right. This is new.

Who pays the exhaust guy when the company is owned by thousands of shareholders? Or the company is a mutual and has millions of policyholders? Presumably everyone chips in a couple of quid?

greenlex
26-05-2014, 07:49 PM
All that's missing is the flaming torches and pitchforks. Despite being told facts they are not believed. Petrie should go. No question but folks reasoning is somewhat skewed.

number 27
26-05-2014, 07:49 PM
The accounts verify it

Do we have the accounts for this period yet though? I'm not having a go at you its just I'm sure I remember the poster "Caversham Green" suggesting somewhere that he thought Petrie might be back on the payroll.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Do we have the accounts for this period yet though? I'm not having a go at you its just I'm sure I remember the poster "Caversham Green" suggesting somewhere that he thought Petrie might be back on the payroll.

Dunno but my source is impeccable :wink:

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 07:51 PM
And pray tell, what is our agenda and what is yours?

Typical admin staff are likely to get axed whilst we record a 49% ratio between salaries and turnover, double the average attendance to games as 2nd place (Motherwell) and quadruple the average attendance to games as the SC winners (St Johnstone). We've lost out on players due to lack of funds invested in playing team and if you put everything else together, surely you must admit at the very least the club is hemorrhaging cash somewhere?

Petrie is our overseer and has seen us failing whilst doing it on the cheap. All the while making rallying call to fans and getting big turnouts and an average attendance of 11k+ over the season. Yet money disappears. We'll record a loss due to relegation obviously but will we be signing non-league players in our attempt to get back up? We won't lure many other players, unless they are massive Hibs fans.

So now you're suggesting that there's something underhand going on with Hibs finances?

Do you pay any attention to the accounts when they're published, or even the summary that's published on the official site and in the press?

Or maybe you prefer to simply post falsehoods and dodgy accusations?

I don't have an agenda, and it's definitely time for RP to have as little to do with the running of Hibs as possible. However, I get really bored at people filling this board with ill founded guff.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 07:52 PM
17k+ turn up for relegation playoff. 11k average and is likely to decline rapidly due to relegation and vast majority being fed up. Fans protest for the, eh, I've lost count, how many times this season? Oh, I can assure you whilst we'll be plying our trade in a difference division, the only way is down under the current regime. Only they can turn die-hard Hibs fans away from the stands. I'm happy to support my club but in all honesty this doesn't feel like my/our club. So abstracted now it's quite scary. They dictate from on-high and we can do nothing. Powerless fans = dying club. Remember what Petrie said himself "Without the fans, the club is nothing". He states that but only promised "changes" without anything tangible being apparent.

A club that should be out of business but isn't (Hearts) probably have more players than us at the moment. Sign of the times at ER - we sung "Hearts are going bust" without realising someone had put a bag of flaming **** on our door step.I understand you're angry but FFS. Drama at its best.

number 27
26-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Dunno but my source is impeccable :wink:

ok, happy to take your word for it. Its getting to the stage I don't know what to think about anything at Hibs, its all too disappointing.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:56 PM
ok, happy to take your word for it. Its getting to the stage I don't know what to think about anything at Hibs, its all too disappointing.

A condition exacerbated by the amount of ill informed p!sh posted by a few 'experts' on here :wink:

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 07:58 PM
A condition exacerbated by the amount of ill informed p!sh posted by a few 'experts' on here :wink:

madhatter
26-05-2014, 08:00 PM
So now you're suggesting that there's something underhand going on with Hibs finances?

Do you pay any attention to the accounts when they're published, or even the summary that's published on the official site and in the press?

Or maybe you prefer to simply post falsehoods and dodgy accusations?

I don't have an agenda, and it's definitely time for RP to have as little to do with the running of Hibs as possible. However, I get really bored at people filling this board with ill founded guff.

Fair enough. My accusations are rather heated and are probably unjust. I'll admit my wrongdoing.

Life is too short.

May I remind you this is a forum though. Not a court room.

southsider
26-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Do you honestly believe he works at ER because he loves our club. He is paid through one of Farmers many holding companies but trying to unravell those is almost impossible. Guys with far, far more knowledge than me have tried and failed. I was told that is just "normal business practice". But to my mind it stinks and the only people to do those things are people with something to hide.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 08:02 PM
I understand you're angry but FFS. Drama at its best.

Life is too short.

Naysayers will always get shot down until the predicted occurs.

I'd be more than happy if this relegation is what changes things. I'd be over the moon actually. I have no faith though.

We'll just have to wait and see, again. "Patience" as RP says.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Life is too short.

Naysayers will always get shot down until the predicted occurs.

I'd be more than happy if this relegation is what changes things. I'd be over the moon actually. I have no faith though.

We'll just have to wait and see, again. "Patience" as RP says.Absolutely :aok:

147lothian
26-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Do you honestly believe he works at ER because he loves our club. He is paid through one of Farmers many holding companies but trying to unravell those is almost impossible. Guys with far, far more knowledge than me have tried and failed. I was told that is just "normal business practice". But to my mind it stinks and the only people to do those things are people with something to hide.

Crash, bang wallop!

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I seem to recall something from a few years ago. Certain people were lauding Petrie for taking a wage cut to reduce expenditure.

Now how would this have been possible if Hibs don't pay him?

Beefster
26-05-2014, 08:06 PM
I seem to recall something from a few years ago. Certain people were lauding Petrie for taking a wage cut to reduce expenditure.

Hibs used to pay him.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Erm, because that was a few years ago? :doh:

madhatter
26-05-2014, 08:09 PM

We, at that time, were rumoured to be paying him 125k a year - he took pay cut to 100k. Either side of this debate should just let things lie and agree that, whether Hibs pay him still or not, Petrie will be rolling in the cash unless he placed all his money on Hibs staying up...

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Fair enough. My accusations are rather heated and are probably unjust. I'll admit my wrongdoing.

Life is too short.

May I remind you this is a forum though. Not a court room.

Good stuff! :thumbs:

And yes it is a forum. One which I try to enjoy regardless of how things are going on the pitch. That's why I myself can sometimes get carried away when people post either speculation, fantasy or outright lies as fact.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Hibs used to pay him.

Erm, because that was a few years ago? :doh:

So let me get this right.

Petrie used to take an £xxx,xxx amount from the clubs account. Now he takes an £xxx,xxx amount from Farmer directly for the work he does at Hibs.

And this is somehow any different, despite the clubs accounts being owned by Farmer anyway?

greenlex
26-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Do you honestly believe he works at ER because he loves our club. He is paid through one of Farmers many holding companies but trying to unravell those is almost impossible. Guys with far, far more knowledge than me have tried and failed. I was told that is just "normal business practice". But to my mind it stinks and the only people to do those things are people with something to hide. He works for Hibs because he has been put in place by Farmer and has a stake in the shareholding. He probably does love the club tho so decided to forsake a wage to help. As an aside how much do you think financially his share will be worth after yesterdays debacle? It is and always has been in his interests to see a successful Hibernian and is most likely the reason he is reluctant to hand things over to someone else. His times up. He knows this. He/STF or both know he has/is failing miserably with on the park things. Change is coming but about two or three years too late.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 08:12 PM

Petrie used to take an £xxx,xxx amount from the clubs account. Now he takes an £xxx,xxx amount from Farmer directly for the work he does at Hibs.

And this is somehow any different, despite the clubs accounts being owned by Farmer anyway?

OK, one final attempt to explain this in the hope that your limited number of brain cells can take it in.

Petrie does not get a salary from Hibs.

Got it?

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 08:12 PM

And this is somehow any different, despite the clubs accounts being owned by Farmer anyway?jesus lumpin' ****, give it up yer makin an erse of yersel.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 08:13 PM
OK, one final attempt to explain this in the hope that your limited number of brain cells can take it in.

Got it?

Tad harsh.

greenlex

And this is somehow any different, despite the clubs accounts being owned by Farmer anyway? Give it up man. You are talking *****. If you cant accept that you really are as dense as you appear to be.

Jonnyboy
Tad harsh.

Tough love :wink:

Hibercelona
We, at that time, were rumoured to be paying him 125k a year - he took pay cut to 100k. Either side of this debate should just let things lie and agree that, whether Hibs pay him still or not, Petrie will be rolling in the cash unless he placed all his money on Hibs staying up...

You're right mate. I'm going to stop talking about it now. It doesn't matter which way it gets dressed up. Petries time is up and he's causing us more damage over the long run than what it's worth.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 08:14 PM
You're right mate. I'm going to stop talking about it now. It doesn't matter which way it gets dressed up. Petries time is up and he's causing us more damage over the long run than what it's worth.

Now that we can agree on

WHUHibs
26-05-2014, 08:15 PM

Just for the purpose of ill informed guff!

Rod derives no income-true

How many other businesses does Rod have a financial interest in ths the can derive an income?

How many hours did he put in to run a Hibs per week to ensure we were well managed?

As you in the know perhaps this could be important?

Beefster
26-05-2014, 08:15 PM

You seem to be missing this, whether deliberately or otherwise...

Rodders used to get a salary direct from Hibs. The money came directly out of Hibs.

Now Rodders gets paid in some other way and the money that Hibs used to use to pay him can now be put to other uses.

I'm no Rodders fan but I'm a fan of informed debate.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 08:16 PM
The Petrie school of thought goes something along the lines of, if I get paid by a different budget I can claim im not taking a wage from Hibs, and if I dictate who we sign or don't sign but have a non executive role then it 'wisnae me', any chairman of any football club has a final say. A manger might want a player but he needs the nod from the chairman, accountability and transparency are just not in Petries makeup

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 08:16 PM

How many other businesses does Rod have a financial interest in ths the can derive an income?

How many hours did he put in to run a Hibs per week to ensure we were well managed?

As you in the know perhaps this could be important?

Interesting questions A but not really relevant to the point being debated. RP takes no salary from Hibs. He's no doubt coining it in from elsewhere though :greengrin

The Green Goblin
26-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Wouldn't it be better if the CEO WAS actually earning their salary from the club? Then their income would depend on the success of the club and there would be a direct incentive to care and to get it right?

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 08:18 PM

One of my bosses, who is an extremely successful businessman, had 60+ companies the last time I counted.

He's very generous, 100% honest and his books will stand up to the strictest scrutiny. His companies are structured the way they are to protect them from each other if one goes tits up (none ever have) and also to reduce his tax liabilities.

Complicated it may be, but it's also transparent (for those who need to know) and legal.

Jonnyboy
Wouldn't it be better if the CEO WAS actually earning their salary from the club? Then their income would depend on the success of the club and there would be a direct incentive to care and to get it right?

As if by magic, Leanne Dempster appears :greengrin

Thecat23
Funny how we are all arguing and it's over one man. He's not killed us, he's ruining us. He's ruining the very structure he built. Why hasn't he walked I don't know?

But one thing is for sure the man is a grade A ********. I hope one of Farmers companies fold with Petrie in charge maybe then he'll see he's not that all great. Oh wait.... Won't happen because it's his business and that's all he cares about, not a football club.

Can I ask is there anyone left who thinks Petrie should still be here? Also one last time, where can I view these accounts.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 08:19 PM

As you in the know perhaps this could be important?I doubt the amount of time in man hours is available in the public domain. In the interests of informed debate can you point us to this in case we've missed it? I don't really care about his renumeration packages from other sources to be honest so aren't really relevant to either this thread or this forum to be frank.

The Green Goblin
26-05-2014, 08:23 PM
As if by magic, Leanne Dempster appears :greengrin

Indeed she does. :greengrin I was just trying to come at the "does he/doesn't he get paid?" to-ing and fro-ing from another angle.

HNA7
26-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Funny how we are all arguing and it's over one man. He's not killed us, he's ruining us. He's ruining the very structure he built. Why hasn't he walked I don't know?

But one thing is for sure the man is a grade A ********. I hope one of Farmers companies fold with Petrie in charge maybe then he'll see he's not that all great. Oh wait.... Won't happen because it's his business and that's all he cares about, not a football club.

Can I ask is there anyone left who thinks Petrie should still be here? Also one last time, where can I view these accounts.

Previous sets of accounts are in the vault

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Right. This is new.

Who pays the exhaust guy when the company is owned by thousands of shareholders? Or the company is a mutual and has millions of policyholders? Presumably everyone chips in a couple of quid?

Some guy goes round with a hat and collects it.

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Got it?

But who pays the tyre guy.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Previous sets of accounts are in the vault

Thanks.

silverhibee
jesus lumpin' ****, give it up yer makin an erse of yersel.

Again :greengrin

Jonnyboy
But who pays the tyre guy.

Fuchtifano :greengrin

147lothian
26-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Petrie stinks of a man that would put out statements like "stick together" and "we'll be fine" whilst engineering his exit from this sinking ship.

100k+ a year will certainly help the standards of his lifeboat whilst we commoners suffer ( drown with our club ). Horrible detached man. reminds me of Clegg, Farage and Cameron. Men who do not understand from anyone else's perspective because their heads are firmly up their backsides...

If Petrie is on his life boat off the south of France just now, I only hope a hibby fisherman appears and harpoons it, this would be a sure way to gain legendary status with one good shot!

Kato
26-05-2014, 08:41 PM

A club that should be out of business but isn't (Hearts) probably have more players than us at the moment. Sign of the times at ER - we sung "Hearts are going bust" without realising someone had put a bag of flaming **** on our door step.

That doesn't really answer my question.

Beefster
26-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Some guy goes round with a hat and collects it.

If it's anything like church or the charity tin going round the pub, half of the gits will jangle some change in their hand without actually dropping it in the hat. F***ing capitalism.

Sumner
26-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Utter crap - FACT!

Such enlightened posting... what part of,
"he has overseen years of decline, culminating in relegation" is utter crap?

.. it's TRUE, "FACT".

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 08:56 PM

.. it's TRUE, "FACT".

I was referring to your closing sentence.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 08:57 PM

.. it's TRUE, "FACT".

The proof is in the pudding. They can dress up figures all they like but what matters is the team.

What league are we in?
What have are last league positions been?
What has been the message from the board each season?

All you need to know is in that!!

How anyone can remotely defend that man is beyond me.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 08:58 PM
The proof is in the pudding. They can dress up figures all they like but what matters is the team.

What league are we in?

Not sure many, if any are cat

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 08:58 PM

What league are we in?

Who's defending him?

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 09:02 PM

What league are we in?

How anyone can remotely defend that man is beyond me.:agree:

Not sure many, if any are catthere are still some on here, bit quiet today though. :hmmm:

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Who's defending him?

Ermm you maybe?

This is you're quote right? "With the head hunting and appointment of Dempster, I'm inclined to believe it this time."

I think he's a liar plain and simple just like the lies he told last time.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Perhaps nobody is "openly" defending his position today. But there are certainly posters on here who have defended him to the hult in the past who still can't bring themselves to say that he should go.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 09:13 PM
The Petrie fan's are egg heads! They are definitely the patronizing type either public school boys or working class conservatives, it's hard to imagine that anyone who loves Hibs could back him up but there are some that do, they are just keeping quiet, but it wont be long before we hear their condescending posts!

Weststandwanab
26-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Perhaps nobody is "openly" defending his position today. But there are certainly posters on here who have defended him to the hult in the past who still can't bring themselves to say that he should go.

I will bite.

I have defended RP as a fellow bean counter but with the appointment of Ms. Dempster to me it is clear RP has thrown in the towel.

And I do think it is time he walked.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Ermm you maybe?

This is you're quote right? "With the head hunting and appointment of Dempster, I'm inclined to believe it this time."

I think he's a liar plain and simple just like the lies he told last time.

I'm not defending him.

Somebody said he was getting £100k per year from Hibs. I simply pointed out that that hasn't been the case according to the last couple of year's accounts.

It's like the Sparky £150k thing. I'm sure there are people on here that still believe that.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and obviously we're all hurting.

There are plenty posters on here who have a good handle on the facts and are 100% anti-Petrie and I have no problem whatsoever with that. What I can't be bothered with is the pitchfork crew who have appeared en-masse over the past couple of weeks posting unfounded crap.

As I posted before, I do think it's time for RP to hand over the reigns and hopefully the appointment of Dempster will be the means to this end.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I will bite.

I have defended RP as a fellow bean counter but with the appointment of Ms. Dempster to me it is clear RP has thrown in the towel.

And I do think it is time he walked.

I won't be convinced that he has thrown in the towel until he is actually gone.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Perhaps nobody is "openly" defending his position today. But there are certainly posters on here who have defended him to the hult in the past who still can't bring themselves to say that he should go. Name names because I don't know anyone like that. Who are they? Name them or stop posting bollocks. I don't think there is anybody in the Hibs support who think he should stay.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 09:30 PM
The Petrie fan's are egg heads! They are definitely the patronizing type either public school boys or working class conservatives, it's hard to imagine that anyone who loves Hibs could back him up but there are some that do, they are just keeping quiet, but it wont be long before we hear their condescending posts!Again. Can you name them?

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm not defending him.

Somebody said he was getting £100k per year from Hibs. I simply pointed out that that hasn't been the case according to the last couple of year's accounts.

It's like the Sparky £150k thing. I'm sure there are people on here that still believe that.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and obviously we're all hurting.

There are plenty posters on here who have a good handle on the facts and are 100% anti-Petrie and I have no problem whatsoever with that. What I can't be bothered with is the pitchfork crew who have appeared en-masse over the past couple of weeks posting unfounded crap.

As I posted before, I do think it's time for RP to hand over the reigns and hopefully the appointment of Dempster will be the means to this end.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Well least we agree on some things. Both hurting yes! I don't think I've posted anything about Petrie though that I feel isn't justified. Never said how much he's on as I honestly haven't a clue and said so.

Just as there are folk who may have gone overboard there are many who keep coming up with things too defend him about. Not saying today I'm going back months. So I'll say it.. They are wrong and they are not helping this club.

Seems a few on here find it hard to express the words "I was wrong" takes a bigger man right enough. Anyway I've no issue with you at all just so we are clear.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 09:32 PM

there are still some on here, bit quiet today though. :hmmm:Who is defending him J?

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Name names because I don't know anyone like that. Who are they? Name them or stop posting bollocks. I don't think there is anybody in the Hibs support who think he should stay.

Last time I did this, I had a hard time getting logged in for a while. They all know who they are.

I don't really GAF anymore though. This club has let us all down, regardless of peoples view points.

Lucius Apuleius
26-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Petrie is 58 years old. Maybe he has enough money and no longer needs a salary.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 09:39 PM
I won't be convinced that he has thrown in the towel until he is actually gone.

Yup! Petrie is a backslider, the damage he has done to the club in the past 7 years is beyond repair, he always wants to shift the blame, I won't believe that Dempster has a free reign until his toxic presence is removed from the club, some of the eggheads might be taken in by his im not taking a wage line im not, I for one am with any protests that happen in any shape or form to remove Petrie next season, the protest on Sunday should just be the start, enough damage has been done to the club by Petrie, he has to go complete!

greenlex
26-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Last time I did this, I had a hard time getting logged in for a while. They all know who they are.

I don't really GAF anymore though. This club has let us all down, regardless of peoples view points.You are posting some bollocks for some who doesn't give one. You say these posters exist. I have not seen anyone defending Petrie for weeks if not months but you like to post there is without naming them. Fine don't name them just highlight the posts. Opinion without facts when asked yet again remains just that. Your opinion. You really are a strange one.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Well least we agree on some things. Both hurting yes! I don't think I've posted anything about Petrie though that I feel isn't justified. Never said how much he's on as I honestly haven't a clue and said so.

Just as there are folk who may have gone overboard there are many who keep coming up with things too defend him about. Not saying today I'm going back months. So I'll say it.. They are wrong and they are not helping this club.

Seems a few on here find it hard to express the words "I was wrong" takes a bigger man right enough. Anyway I've no issue with you at all just so we are clear.

Fair enough. And yes I have defended RP in the past and there are certain points on which I'll continue to do so, but change is needed - only a fool would say otherwise.

The last time that RP was meant to be taking a back seat, the idea appears to have been to gradually hand over the running of the club to SL & FH. This obviously didn't work.

I honestly believe that with Dempster, the process will be much more abrupt. I hope so in any case.

Time will tell.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Yup! Petrie is a backslider, the damage he has done to the club in the past 7 years is beyond repair, he always wants to shift the blame, I won't believe that Dempster has a free reign until his toxic presence is removed from the club, some of the eggheads might be taken in by his im not taking a wage line im not, I for one am with any protests that happen in any shape or form to remove Petrie next season, the protest on Sunday should just be the start, enough damage has been done to the club by Petrie, he has to go complete!

Another dramatic post. Beyond repair? Behave. You refuse to believe the wage line? Look at the published accounts man. Time will tell if Dempster has a free reign.Your right to protest is valid and I would maybe even join you but I certainly wont be party to the pitchfork mentality that seems to be abundant here.

erskine-hibby
26-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Said for years that he is at the middle of everything that is wrong at this club. If he continues to paper over the cracks (hell chasms) and remains, we will find it difficult to rebuild this club in the way it needs.

madhatter
26-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Let's stop arguing/debating amongst ourselves, eh? I starting this thread and put some idiotic posts up, so did many others. Much like any other thread/post these days. Pain is causing this and venting at each other isn't going to solve anything. I personally can't back the club until sufficient change is made - I won't criticise those who can/will though.

We've got enough enemies in the Scottish game without having to deal with in-fighting. Get a punch bag put up or a dart board, stick a picture of Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and whoever else and either smack the hell out of it or get a bulls-eye.

I actually think its more important that us, the fans, stick together than any of us supporting the club, if that makes sense. We are the club after all. Petrie is already doing an outstanding job of alienating the fans - does he really need help? He will leave eventually one way or another, if we're united, we have a good chance of prospering; if we aren't, we will surely fail.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Another dramatic post. Beyond repair? Behave. You refuse to believe the wage line? Look at the published accounts man. Time will tell if Dempster has a free reign.Your right to protest is valid and I would maybe even join you but I certainly wont be party to the pitchfork mentality that seems to be abundant here.

You can do anything with figures, if Petrie isn't taking a wage but is funded by one of farmers companies it doesn't matter he still has a wage, I don't have to look at any accounts to see the damage that he has done to the club, and that's what matters to me. Petrie's presence is deeply damaging the club, you might call protests to get rid of him pitchfork mentality but when you do its you that's being dramatic not me, I pay my money so I can expect the club to be run properly, it certainly hasn't under Petrie, the alternate to protest is to do nothing, the end product of the Petrie reign has been relegation so doing nothing is no longer an option!

greenlex
26-05-2014, 10:12 PM
You can do anything with figures, if Petrie isn't taking a wage but is funded by one of farmers companies it doesn't matter he still has a wage, I don't have to look at any accounts to see the damage that he has done to the club, and that's what matters to me. Petrie's presence is deeply damaging the club, you might call protests to get rid of him pitchfork mentality but when you do its you that's being dramatic not me, I pay my money so I can expect the club to be run properly, it certainly hasn't under Petrie, the alternate to protest is to do nothing, the end product of the Petrie reign has been relegation so doing nothing is no longer an option!Hes being paid for doing work for the other companies though. Its not a front. For what its worth I am not saying protests to remove him are pitchfork mentality I am saying the language used and what I witnessed after yesterdays game is. Feelings are running high and I get that but a rational and concerted and managed protest has to prevail to have any effect. A rabble will achieve nothing. It would also be preferable to wait and see what Leanne Dempsters remit is and what exactly she is bringing to the table. All IMO obviously.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Hes being paid for doing work for the other companies though. Its not a front. For what its worth I am not saying protests to remove him are pitchfork mentality I am saying the language used and what I witnessed after yesterdays game is. Feelings are running high and I get that but a rational and concerted and managed protest has to prevail to have any effect. A rabble will achieve nothing. It would also be preferable to wait and see what Leanne Dempsters remit is and what exactly she is bringing to the table. All IMO obviously.

There is a part of me that agrees with what your saying about after the game, but for me the damage that has been done by Petrie is too much I just have to make my protest to get my point across in a peaceful way of course!

ehf
26-05-2014, 10:47 PM

He had circa 60k on Hamilton to win yesterday via various intermediaries and online accounts. At 12-1 that's the best part of 3/4 of a million. No wonder he was grinning.

The Green Goblin
26-05-2014, 10:59 PM
You are posting some bollocks for some who doesn't give one. You say these posters exist. I have not seen anyone defending Petrie for weeks if not months but you like to post there is without naming them. Fine don't name them just highlight the posts. Opinion without facts when asked yet again remains just that. Your opinion. You really are a strange one.

Without intruding into your ongoing exchange :greengrin, a few weeks back, there was a thread called "Petrie GTF". On that thread, a good few posters aggressively turned on people slagging off RP. Some of those same posters then mocked the fans who protested outside the west after our 11th place position was confirmed. Now, given the sticky at the top of the page, I am not about to name names, as you are asking HB to do, neither do I want to start any kind of personal battles on here when there are bigger things to worry about, but I have given you a couple of `leads`, if you will, so that if you really are interested, you can go take a look and see for yourself.

IWasThere2016
26-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Without intruding into your ongoing exchange :greengrin, a few weeks back, there was a thread called "Petrie GTF". On that thread, a good few posters aggressively turned on people slagging off RP. Some of those same posters then mocked the fans who protested outside the west after our 11th place position was confirmed. Now, given the sticky at the top of the page, I am not about to name names, as you are asking HB to do, neither do I want to start any kind of personal battles on here when there are bigger things to worry about, but I have given you a couple of `leads`, if you will, so that if you really are interested, you can go take a look and see for yourself.

There was a poll a few weeks back also when some deluded wee souls wanted him to stay .. IIRC the poll was roughly 50:50. That is quite startling IMHO.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Who is defending him J?I'm no naming posters on here A, as I'll likely get grief for it from admin, it's against the rules tae have a go at named posters, I ken who they are and they ken who they are, they're no hard tae find you look a wee bit.

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Petrie hasn't had a salary from the club for a couple of years. As reported, the meeting with TB & MM was held with the new CEO, Leeann Dempster in attendance (even though she doesn't officially start until next week). He has said on the official site that he's handing over all of his executive powers to Dempster.I wish you would quit peddling this stupid lie. I don't know whether you do it because you genuinely don't know any better, or because you can't admit that you're wrong, or just because you're a bloody-minded contrarian.

Unfortunately, there are large numbers of supporters out there reading your words who don't know enough about business and management to understand what tripe you're talking, and who are likely to be taking the view that after seven years of relentless failure, things are at last going to get better because finally, finally, Petrie "has said on the official site that he's handing over all of his executive powers to Dempster".

He has said no such thing. He has said on the official site, and I quote:
Leeann Dempster is joining us as Chief Executive. That means day to day responsibility for running of the Club will pass to Leeann...

There is a world of difference between "all executive powers" and "day to day responsibility for running of the Club". Petrie has no intention of giving up "all executive powers". As non-executive chairman, the final decision on all matters of strategic importance will remain with Petrie. He will continue to exert his baleful influence over a club that he has succeeded in ruining.

If you are genuinely so ill-informed that you don't understand that, then kindly STFU and stop misleading other people who likewise don't understand it. Stick to talking about things that you do understand.

If you do understand it, then kindly STFU and stop misleading other people who don't understand it.

steakbake
27-05-2014, 12:30 AM
He had circa 60k on Hamilton to win yesterday via various intermediaries and online accounts. At 12-1 that's the best part of 3/4 of a million. No wonder he was grinning.

What was it with the whole smiling thing? Man's an absolute fandan.

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 12:36 AM
I wish you would quit peddling this stupid lie. I don't know whether you do it because you genuinely don't know any better, or because you can't admit that you're wrong, or just because you're a bloody-minded contrarian.

Unfortunately, there are large numbers of supporters out there reading your words who don't know enough about business and management to understand what tripe you're talking, and who are likely to be taking the view that after seven years of relentless failure, things are at last going to get better because finally, finally, Petrie "has said on the official site that he's handing over all of his executive powers to Dempster".

He has said no such thing. He has said on the official site, and I quote:

There is a world of difference between "all executive powers" and "day to day responsibility for running of the Club". Petrie has no intention of giving up "all executive powers". As non-executive chairman, the final decision on all matters of strategic importance will remain with Petrie. He will continue to exert his baleful influence over a club that he has succeeded in ruining.

If you are genuinely so ill-informed that you don't understand that, then kindly STFU and stop misleading other people who likewise don't understand it. Stick to talking about things that you do understand.

If you do understand it, then kindly STFU and stop misleading other people who don't understand it.

Having already announced a few weeks ago that I am handing over my executive responsibilities, it is in the best interests of the Club for me complete that transition to our new Chief Executive and to oversee the other far reaching changes at the Club as non-executive Chairman.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324

I won't hold my breath while waiting for an apology, but less of the insults please.

147lothian
27-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Petrie's supporters need to hang their heads in shame, he has been nothing other than disaster to the club, a very arrogant man, to deal with and I believe my sources that include ex players, Petrie has become a toxic brand, the football community is a small one, scouts, players, managers, chairmen etc know each other and they know who they are dealing with, brand petrie is deeply damaging to the image of the club, we can't be a forward thinking positive club, that includes people with petrie involved in any way. This is why I want him removed completely, im not going to blame Demptster while petrie is there and I don't buy the 14 bad managers crap, or blaming the fan's. Petrie is the common denominator he has to go, not move to the background just go, and go now. Leave it to Dempster that way we have a chance.

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 02:08 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324

I won't hold my breath while waiting for an apology, but less of the insults please.Do me a favour and hold your breath. Here is what Petrie says in that link you've provided:
Having already announced a few weeks ago that I am handing over my executive responsibilities...The words in bold are a lie. Petrie has announced no such thing. What he has in fact 'already announced' are the words which in a slimy fashion you removed from my post. Would you like to explain to the other people reading this thread specifically why you did that? I know why you did it. And when you do stuff like that, I start to wonder if you are in fact Petrie.

So I'll just have to requote them:
Leeann Dempster is joining us as Chief Executive. That means day to day responsibility for running of the Club will pass to Leeann...

That is what he actually announced 'a few weeks ago'. Got it now? He didn't announce that he was handing over his executive responsibilities. He announced that he was handing over the day to day responsibility for running the club. The lie is exactly the kind of slimy obfuscation I would expect from a liar, a self-centred narcissist, and a shameless coward like Petrie. Designed to obscure, cloud the issue, and pull the wool over the eyes of the less well-informed supporters. And hey. Guess what? It has worked. I'm seeing plenty of posts from people who genuinely believe that Petrie is in the process of handing the reins over to Dempster.

Strictly speaking, of course, Petrie (or you, or anybody else for that matter) could claim that it's true. He could hold up his hands and say But hey. As non-executive chairman, I no longer have any executive responsibilities...

The fact of the matter is that Hibs are a tiny organisation - barely even qualifying as a 'small' SME. They are owned, essentially, by one man. In such circumstances the titles that people use are meaningless. To claim that Petrie no longer exerts executive power at the club because he is the non-executive chairman would be as stupid as claiming that Tom Farmer exerts no influence at all over what happens at Hibs because he is neither an executive nor a non-executive director.

And now let's finish that first quote from Petrie:
...it is in the best interests of the Club for me complete that transition to our new Chief Executive and to oversee the other far reaching changes at the Club as non-executive Chairman What do you think that actually means? What do you think the word 'oversee' means? How long do you think 'far reaching' is going to last?

For the benefit of anyone whose head isn't composed entirely of skull, allow me to explain: It means that it is in the best interests of the club that the c**ting idiot who has ruined it will continue to run the show, although typically, he now has a Chief Executive in place as a buffer between him and 'the buck'. Expect her to be the scapegoat if things continue to go pear-shaped under his baleful rule.

I hope you're still holding your breath.

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 05:38 AM
Do me a favour and hold your breath. Here is what Petrie says in that link you've provided: The words in bold are a lie. Petrie has announced no such thing. What he has in fact 'already announced' are the words which in a slimy fashion you removed from my post. Would you like to explain to the other people reading this thread specifically why you did that? I know why you did it. And when you do stuff like that, I start to wonder if you are in fact Petrie.

That is what he actually announced 'a few weeks ago'. Got it now? He didn't announce that he was handing over his executive responsibilities. He announced that he was handing over the day to day responsibility for running the club. The lie is exactly the kind of slimy obfuscation I would expect from a liar, a self-centred narcissist, and a shameless coward like Petrie. Designed to obscure, cloud the issue, and pull the wool over the eyes of the less well-informed supporters. And hey. Guess what? It has worked. I'm seeing plenty of posts from people who genuinely believe that Petrie is in the process of handing the reins over to Dempster.

Strictly speaking, of course, Petrie (or you, or anybody else for that matter) could claim that it's true. He could hold up his hands and say But hey. As non-executive chairman, I no longer have any executive responsibilities...

The fact of the matter is that Hibs are a tiny organisation - barely even qualifying as a 'small' SME. They are owned, essentially, by one man. In such circumstances the titles that people use are meaningless. To claim that Petrie no longer exerts executive power at the club because he is the non-executive chairman would be as stupid as claiming that Tom Farmer exerts no influence at all over what happens at Hibs because he is neither an executive nor a non-executive director.

And now let's finish that first quote from Petrie: What do you think that actually means? What do you think the word 'oversee' means? How long do you think 'far reaching' is going to last?

For the benefit of anyone whose head isn't composed entirely of skull, allow me to explain: It means that it is in the best interests of the club that the c**ting idiot who has ruined it will continue to run the show, although typically, he now has a Chief Executive in place as a buffer between him and 'the buck'. Expect her to be the scapegoat if things continue to go pear-shaped under his baleful rule.

What does it matter how you interpreted what he said a few weeks ago? Yesterday he said "I am handing over my executive responsibilities". As I've now posted numerous times, we'll have to wait and see if this is the case.

You respond with near hysterical ranting and name calling, based almost totally on conjecture. Well here's some of your own words that I'll turn back to you.

:bye:

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 07:18 AM
As I've now posted numerous times, we'll have to wait and see if this is the case...
:bye: We'll have to wait and see. We'll have to wait and see.

We're going into a new season in the Championship with the same *****ing idiot in charge of the club who has presided over a catastrophic 7-year collapse in our fortunes, and we'll have to wait and see...

We're going into a new season in the Championship with the same manager who has just presided over the most catastrophic string of results in the modern history of the club, and got us relegated, and we'll have to wait and see...

We're going into a new season in the Championship having just sacked most of a first team squad who lost twice at home to Championship sides, and apparently with the intention of replacing them with players on half the money, and we'll have to wait and see...

Fortunately, it seems that your policy of 'wait and see' appears to have the support of one person. About two or three years too late, it appears that the rest of the support has finally decided to do something other than 'wait and see'.

By the way, this :bye: makes you look even more like Petrie. The smirk on his idiotic smug face as he waves goodbye to several hundred or several thousand more ex-Hibs fans.

Slicer
27-05-2014, 07:48 AM
So if Petrie gave up his £100,000 salary and STF put in an extra £50,000 we'd have signed Sparky? :greengrin

Seriously though, Petrie hasn't been on salary for a couple of years as per official accounts. However, the new Chief Executive will be I'd imagine. That's up to £100,000 we need to find from somewhere whilst, at the same time, demanding the board splash the cash to build a new team.

Joe Baker II
27-05-2014, 09:27 AM
As most posters say I will be surprised if anyone believes Petrie is fully handing over responsibility for anything, whatever the accounts and his words say.

southsider
27-05-2014, 09:32 AM
The time fot talking is over. The time for ACTION is NOW. Let Petrie and Farmer feel our anger.

SanFranHibs
27-05-2014, 09:35 AM
But I think there are quite a few who were not caring about the lifeboat but hoping for 'Three men in a boat' ending.

mmmmhibby
27-05-2014, 09:48 AM
We'll have to wait and see. We'll have to wait and see.

We're going into a new season in the Championship with the same *****ing idiot in charge of the club who has presided over a catastrophic 7-year collapse in our fortunes, and we'll have to wait and see...

We're going into a new season in the Championship with the same manager who has just presided over the most catastrophic string of results in the modern history of the club, and got us relegated, and we'll have to wait and see...

We're going into a new season in the Championship having just sacked most of a first team squad who lost twice at home to Championship sides, and apparently with the intention of replacing them with players on half the money, and we'll have to wait and see...

Fortunately, it seems that your policy of 'wait and see' appears to have the support of one person. About two or three years too late, it appears that the rest of the support has finally decided to do something other than 'wait and see'.

By the way, this :bye: makes you look even more like Petrie. The smirk on his idiotic smug face as he waves goodbye to several hundred or several thousand more ex-Hibs fans.

Not having a pop at peevmoor , but please pipe down. There is nothing up for discussion regarding Petrie anymore. His time has come, GET YOURSELF TO ****** FROM OUR CLUB, PROMPTLY!!!

greenlex
27-05-2014, 10:44 AM

By the way, this :bye: makes you look even more like Petrie. The smirk on his idiotic smug face as he waves goodbye to several hundred or several thousand more ex-Hibs fans. your having a go at a fellow Hibee who is stating what was said as a matter of fact. Your rage and smart arsed comments should be aimed at Petrie and not one of the fans. I'm sure you will. We need to concentrate on getting rid of him completely.

cocopops1875
27-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Petrie is 58 years old. Maybe he has enough money and no longer needs a salary.

This and also his partner is not exactly skint

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 10:54 AM
He is clinging onto the wreckage that he has caused, RP and TB are inextricably linked together as if TB goes then Petrie would have to go as well, there would be no hiding place.As for giving up power he must think all our heads button up the back to think that will EVER happen, who do you think made all the decisions yesterday as to who goes and stays ? make no mistake that utterly clueless disaster that is our chairman still calls all the shots but this time he has gone to far, he might think he is smart but he is no match for thousands of disgruntled fans.

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 11:06 AM

What are you on about?

I'm not defending Rod Petrie.

I've posted numerous times that I think it's time for change. I've also said that with the appointment of Leeann Dempster I hope that that change is now going to come about. I have no idea if this will be the case. Like everyone else, I'll have to wait and see (we'll also have to wait and see how the club responds to the Admins' email).

I'm not interested in the rest of your misguided rant and, for info., I bear no physical resemblance to Rod Petrie.

Captain Trips
27-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Petrie sacks TB then he really has knowhere to go. I will be cynical and say it isn't as much about money as it is about Petrie's own self image. Its in tatters just now but I think he knows TB should be sacked and is waiting for somebody else to do it ie Leanne.

That's my thoughts.

Kato
27-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Seems a few on here find it hard to express the words "I was wrong" takes a bigger man right enough.

Very true.

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Petrie sacks TB then he really has knowhere to go. I will be cynical and say it isn't as much about money as it is about Petrie's own self image. Its in tatters just now but I think he knows TB should be sacked and is waiting for somebody else to do it is Leanne.

That's my thoughts.

Aye you could be right about that one, the thing is Petrie does not know the level of hatred that the fans have for him, it is almost at Mercer level.

Stonewall
27-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Do me a favour and hold your breath. Here is what Petrie says in that link you've provided: The words in bold are a lie. Petrie has announced no such thing. What he has in fact 'already announced' are the words which in a slimy fashion you removed from my post. Would you like to explain to the other people reading this thread specifically why you did that? I know why you did it. And when you do stuff like that, I start to wonder if you are in fact Petrie.

And now let's finish that first quote from Petrie: What do you think that actually means? What do you think the word 'oversee' means? How long do you think 'far reaching' is going to last?

I understand that you have a pathalogical hatred of RP but the comments towards a fellow Hibs fan are completely out of order. I think that if your posts are a true measure of your anger then I think you need to take a long hard look at your state of mind. This is not healthy.

Captain Trips
27-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Aye you could be right about that one, the thing is Petrie does not know the level of hatred that the fans have for him, it is almost at Mercer level.

I am sure he does know. He didn't want to look like he ****ed up with CC until he really had no choice and he is at it again but it is easier to hide with no matches for Butcher to lose over next few weeks.

Petrie/Butcher out.

southsider
27-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Before Sunday Petrie, Butcher and Malpas were all drinking at The Last Chance Saloon...... now they must be run out of Dodge. If the don't take a warning then we round up a posse and have them lynch ropes swinging.

147lothian
27-05-2014, 11:29 AM
I think we have to be aware that supporters of the board, are not going to come out and admit they were wrong, they will resort to underhand tactics like saying your OTT for pointing out the short comings of the past 7 years, peddle the wait and see crap, or publish things that Petrie says as FACT. A long line of managers can't all be bad, and the recent one from the Petrie camp of blaming the fans just stinks!

greenlex
27-05-2014, 11:42 AM
I think we have to be aware that supporters of the board, are not going to come out and admit they were wrong, they will resort to underhand tactics like saying your OTT for pointing out the short comings of the past 7 years, peddle the wait and see crap, or publish things that Petrie says as FACT. A long line of managers can't all be bad, and the recent one from the Petrie camp of blaming the fans just stinks!:confused:He is quoted as saying these things. That makes them FACT. whether they are true or not is another thing. Thats where the wait and see bit kicks in. In the meantime lets get him out.

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I understand that you have a pathalogical hatred of RP but the comments towards a fellow Hibs fan are completely out of order. I think that if your posts are a true measure of your anger then I think you need to take a long hard look at your state of mind. This is not healthy.Which comments towards 'a fellow fan' (I assume you mean Peevemor) are completely out of order?

147lothian
27-05-2014, 12:02 PM
:confused:He is quoted as saying these things. That makes them FACT. whether they are true or not is another thing. Thats where the wait and see bit kicks in. In the meantime lets get him out.

As Petrie has said he is going to over see the changes as non executive chairman, Dempster doesn't have a free reign so we do indeed have to get him out!

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 12:04 PM
As Petrie has said he is going to over see the changes as non executive chairman, Dempster doesn't have a free reign so we do indeed have to get him out!

Unless he's there to help her do exactly as she wishes.

147lothian
27-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Unless he's there to help her do exactly as she wishes.

Are you wired to the moon or are you Petrie in disguise?

greenlex
27-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Which comments towards 'a fellow fan' (I assume you mean Peevemor) are completely out of order?

I hope you're still holding your breath. There you go. Take your pick.

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Are you wired to the moon or are you Petrie in disguise?

None of the above, I just avoid jumping to conclusions when the truth is that I don't have a clue what's going to happen.

greenlex
27-05-2014, 12:11 PM
As Petrie has said he is going to over see the changes as non executive chairman, Dempster doesn't have a free reign so we do indeed have to get him out!Wait and see is an overused phrase it would seem. I hope its just to give her the "Heres your desk, mobile and meet the board tour" but you can hardly expect them to pass each other in the car park as he hands over the role.

147lothian
27-05-2014, 12:29 PM
None of the above, I just avoid jumping to conclusions when the truth is that I don't have a clue what's going to happen.

Well let me inform you that we have been relegated, we have a wisnae me chairman who oversees everything who jumped ship before we went down, but he is only in the background as a non executive director this means that he still makes the big decisions while hiding behind Dempster who will take the flack.

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 12:47 PM
There you go. Take your pick.Ok. From the original 450 word post I'll take my pick. I'll take out everything that isn't addressed to Peevemor, or couldn't be interpreted as 'unacceptable' unless you're a big girl's blouse.

There are twenty words left:

What he has in fact 'already announced' are the words which in a slimy fashion you removed from my post. That's just a statement of fact. He did, in fact, remove a quote from my post which was, in fact, critical to the issue between us. That's a kind of slimy thing to do. If he hadn't done it, I would have had no reason to accuse him of being slimy.

Thecat23
27-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Listen Leeane doesn't need Petrie to show her the ropes that's utter *****. All this "he may be helping her" Christ do folk honestly believe after everything and I mean everything he won't want her to work in some sort of way that suits him.

She's done a great job at well and she doesn't need this dinosaur of a man who for me after his latest statement has lost the plot and looks like he may need medical help interfering. She should walk right into this and with her ideas with NO help from the man that has ruined us.

Now I fully expect those who like to disect peoples posts and pick out little things that they can turn to there advantage so I'll make it clear.

He's a ****ing twat, she needs no help at all. So Rod do us a favour you old **** **** off as far away from here as possible.

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Listen Leeane doesn't need Petrie to show her the ropes that's utter *****. All this "he may be helping her" Christ do folk honestly believe after everything and I mean everything he won't want her to work in some sort of way that suits him. She's done a great job at well and she doesn't need this dinosaur of a man who for me after his latest statement has lost the plot and looks like he may need medical help interfering. She should walk right into this and with her ideas with NO help from the man that has ruined us. Now I fully expect those who like to disect peoples posts and pick out little things that they can turn to there advantage so I'll make it clear. He's a ****ing twat, she needs no help at all. So Rod do us a favour you old **** **** off as far away from here as possible.

Well said mate

147lothian
27-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Listen Leeane doesn't need Petrie to show her the ropes that's utter *****. All this "he may be helping her" Christ do folk honestly believe after everything and I mean everything he won't want her to work in some sort of way that suits him.

She's done a great job at well and she doesn't need this dinosaur of a man who for me after his latest statement has lost the plot and looks like he may need medical help interfering. She should walk right into this and with her ideas with NO help from the man that has ruined us.

Now I fully expect those who like to disect peoples posts and pick out little things that they can turn to there advantage so I'll make it clear.

He's a ****ing twat, she needs no help at all. So Rod do us a favour you old **** **** off as far away from here as possible.

Good good post! My feelings exactly!

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Ok. From the original 450 word post I'll take my pick. I'll take out everything that isn't addressed to Peevemor, or couldn't be interpreted as 'unacceptable' unless you're a big girl's blouse.

There are twenty words left:
That's just a statement of fact. He did, in fact, remove a quote from my post which was, in fact, critical to the issue between us. That's a kind of slimy thing to do. If he hadn't done it, I would have had no reason to accuse him of being slimy.

Dearie me! :rolleyes:

I removed nothing from your post. When you quote a post, any quotes contained therein aren't included in the new post. I won't bother holding my breath etc.

And bearing in mind the admins' plea for civility, I'll stop there before I get my wrist slapped.

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Well let me inform you that we have been relegated, we have a wisnae me chairman who oversees everything who jumped ship before we went down, but he is only in the background as a non executive director this means that he still makes the big decisions while hiding behind Dempster who will take the flack.

In your opinion.

Thecat23
27-05-2014, 01:58 PM
In your opinion.

Can you blame him? Like I said he's lied before and no one can deny that. He said he'd step back and turned out he did nothing of the sort.

I think people have a right now to believe he won't simply because he lied to the fans before!

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Can you blame him? Like I said he's lied before and no one can deny that. He said he'd step back and turned out he did nothing of the sort.

I think people have a right now to believe he won't simply because he lied to the fans before!

Everyone has the right to their opinion, myself included. However, I honestly have no idea how things will pan out behind the scenes at ER.

People think I'm defending Petrie - I'm not. I'm defending my right to keep an open mind.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 02:20 PM
As previously stated, I can't wait until RP is away from ER and not involved at any level other than his 10% ownership. I make this statement because I want it to be clear what my feelings are about him. My reason for posting is that following further investigation and taking into account facts provided to me it would seem that RP is indeed being paid by Hibs. There was a period when he wasn't and I thought that was still the case but apparently not.

In short, I was wrong and I apologise to those with whom I disagreed on the matter.

Peevemor
27-05-2014, 02:21 PM
As previously stated, I can't wait until RP is away from ER and not involved at any level other than his 10% ownership. I make this statement because I want it to be clear what my feelings are about him. My reason for posting is that following further investigation and taking into account facts provided to me it would seem that RP is indeed being paid by Hibs. There was a period when he wasn't and I thought that was still the case but apparently not.

In short, I was wrong and I apologise to those with whom I disagreed on the matter.

Ditto all of that.

greenpaper55
27-05-2014, 02:29 PM

You mean he is taking money to do what he did ?, i hope he hands his salary back for the mess he has got us into.

smurf
27-05-2014, 02:37 PM

Fascinating Mr C. Can you expand on how you now know this?

Thecat23
27-05-2014, 02:41 PM

That's why I wanted the accounts JB. I was told he is taking a wage and didn't believe it. Thanks for posting this!

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 02:42 PM

Sadly not because I don't wish to name my source K

smurf
27-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Sadly not because I don't wish to name my source K

Good enough for me J.

Caversham Green
27-05-2014, 03:48 PM

Guilty M'lud.

I pm'd Jonnyboy and Peevemor to tell them how I interpreted the notes in the accounts. The notes say that the highest paid director had a basic salary of £58k plus £12k worth of benefits/pension. They then go on to name four non-exec directors who received no payment, and Rod isn't one of those directors - I would assume (but don't know for sure) he got the £58k.

I believe the original "Rod doesn't get paid" argument came about at the time Fife'n'Scott were running the club and, as a non-exec, he wasn't taking a salary. When they went he reverted to his old job, presumably short-term and presumably back on salary. The appointment of Leann Demspter is presumably the end of the short term and he will now be an unpaid chairman again (unless someone can change his mind). Please note the copious use of the word "presumably" in all that.

The reason I didn't post a correction on here is that by the time I read the thread it had already got rather messy and I felt I would probably cause more problems than I solved on a matter that IMO is not of any great relevance in the grand scheme of things despite how seriously some are taking it. I'm also sick of arms and legs being added to stuff I (and others) post and really don't have the stomach for protracted debate on this when there are so many more serious issues facing our club.

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 04:08 PM

He's a ****ing twat, she needs no help at all. So Rod do us a favour you old **** **** off as far away from here as possible.Exactly, why would she need the help of someone who has made a total **** of it and overseen the club getting relegated twice. If he's there he'll be sticking his ****in' oar in, he's a control freak and his very presence will continue tae drive a wedge between the club and the support, why the **** would she need any of that.

petrie get tae ****

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 04:24 PM
So it appears that Hibercelona may have been right all along... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/a%20stir%20it%20smiley.gif

Ooer mum. That's a sair yin... Some folk might be needing a few of these:

:hide: :hide: :hide:

On a more serious note, I thought my opinion of Rodders could sink no lower.

It just has.

I think we have a right to ask the club for clarification. As I recall he made a bit of a song and dance about the fact that he was no longer drawing a salary from Hibs.

Deansy
27-05-2014, 04:29 PM
I've not a clue re 'Boardroom Terms' - what exactly does 'Non-execuive' mean ?. I seem to recall the uproar when RBOS went t**s-up and one of the 'Non-execs' (female iirc) saying something like 'a non-executive's job is to advise, check/audit the books and ensure the directors are doing their jobs correctly, risks, legally etc but really have no power' - can CG or someone equally knowledgeable on these matters she'd some light on this subject for me, please ?

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Dearie me! :rolleyes:

I removed nothing from your post. When you quote a post, any quotes contained therein aren't included in the new post. I won't bother holding my breath etc.

And bearing in mind the admins' plea for civility, I'll stop there before I get my wrist slapped.Then it's clear that I owe you an apology, which I will duly hide in here among these other apologies that are circulating on this page...

:hide:

Nailrod
27-05-2014, 04:43 PM
I've not a clue re 'Boardroom Terms' - what exactly does 'Non-execuive' mean ?. I seem to recall the uproar when RBOS went t**s-up and one of the 'Non-execs' (female iirc) saying something like 'a non-executive's job is to advise, check/audit the books and ensure the directors are doing their jobs correctly, risks, legally etc but really have no power' - can CG or someone equally knowledgeable on these matters she'd some light on this subject for me, please ?
Executive Directors actually work for and run a company. They're in charge of departments and functions.

Non-executive Directors sit on the Board and attend Board meetings. They're not employees of the company, and they're not responsible for the day to day running of the company, but they are often paid a fee for their work. Their job, supposedly, is to keep an eye on what the Executive Directors are up to, and ensure they're acting in the best interests of the shareholders. The Chairman is often a non-exec who runs the Board meetings. They're supposed to ask awkward questions. RBOS is a good example of the executive directors ******ing things up monumentally, and the non-execs utterly failing to do their job.

But these distinctions don't have any meaning in an organisation as small as Hibs. Whatever nominal titles might be floating around, as Chairman, and as the Board representative of the only real shareholder, Rod would still be calling the shots. If there was a dispute between him and Leeann Dempster on any issue of real importance, his view would prevail.

greenlex
27-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Then it's clear that I owe you an apology, which I will duly hide in here among these other apologies that are circulating on this page...

:hide: :greengrin

Caversham Green
27-05-2014, 05:40 PM
So it appears that Hibercelona may have been right all along... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/a%20stir%20it%20smiley.gif

Ooer mum. That's a sair yin... Some folk might be needing a few of these:

:hide: :hide: :hide:

On a more serious note, I thought my opinion of Rodders could sink no lower.

It just has.

I think we have a right to ask the club for clarification. As I recall he made a bit of a song and dance about the fact that he was no longer drawing a salary from Hibs.

That's the kind of arms and legs I was talking about. As I recall, all Rod said - when asked at an AGM during the time of SL and FH - was that he was not receiving a salary at that point. If he made any sort of song and dance, or indeed any other comment whatsoever about it then I missed it - maybe you have a link?

Deansy
27-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Executive Directors actually work for and run a company. They're in charge of departments and functions.

Non-executive Directors sit on the Board and attend Board meetings. They're not employees of the company, and they're not responsible for the day to day running of the company, but they are often paid a fee for their work. Their job, supposedly, is to keep an eye on what the Executive Directors are up to, and ensure they're acting in the best interests of the shareholders. The Chairman is often a non-exec who runs the Board meetings. They're supposed to ask awkward questions. RBOS is a good example of the executive directors ******ing things up monumentally, and the non-execs utterly failing to do their job.

But these distinctions don't have any meaning in an organisation as small as Hibs. Whatever nominal titles might be floating around, as Chairman, and as the Board representative of the only real shareholder, Rod would still be calling the shots. If there was a dispute between him and Leeann Dempster on any issue of real importance, his view would prevail.

Cheers mate. So basically, the only thing that changes is Petrie's job-title, we're still at his mercy. Plus we're now having to shell-out a (not cheap) salary, pension, 'bonuses' etc for Leeanne Dempster - one thing our board doesn't skimp on - it's own renumeration !!

Caversham Green
27-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Cheers mate. So basically, the only thing that changes is Petrie's job-title, we're still at his mercy. Plus we're now having to shell-out a (not cheap) salary, pension, 'bonuses' etc for Leeanne Dempster - one thing our board doesn't skimp on - it's own renumeration !!

And there's the problems those arms and legs can cause. One man's rather skewed version of what the set-up might be and you've dismissed Ms Dempster as an expensive puppet before she's even officially in the door.

Here's how I would expect it to work:

Leeann will do all the general running of the club and will be paid for it. Rod (if he stays) will convene and conduct board meetings and will not be paid, because that is all he will do. The board as a body will make any necessary decisions by way of a vote and Rod may or may not have a casting vote. These decisions are unlikely to be frequent (setting of gate prices and budget, sacking the manager) and generally uncontentious - i.e. the individual directors would probably be in unanimous agreement with most of them. Three of the directors including LD will be paid for work they do for the club five (if they all stay) will be unpaid. Any that allow the chairman to dictate the way they vote will be negligent. If the last accounts are anything to go by the highest paid director will get around £1,100 per week.

Like pretty much everyone else on this forum, I don't know if that's how it will work in practice and whether you accept this version or the one where Rod controls seven intelligent adults, effectively running the club without getting paid for it is entirely up to you.

Crazyhorse
27-05-2014, 08:30 PM
And there's the problems those arms and legs can cause. One man's rather skewed version of what the set-up might be and you've dismissed Ms Dempster as an expensive puppet before she's even officially in the door.

Here's how I would expect it to work:

Leeann will do all the general running of the club and will be paid for it. Rod (if he stays) will convene and conduct board meetings and will not be paid, because that is all he will do. The board as a body will make any necessary decisions by way of a vote and Rod may or may not have a casting vote. These decisions are unlikely to be frequent (setting of gate prices and budget, sacking the manager) and generally uncontentious - i.e. the individual directors would probably be in unanimous agreement with most of them. Three of the directors including LD will be paid for work they do for the club five (if they all stay) will be unpaid. Any that allow the chairman to dictate the way they vote will be negligent. If the last accounts are anything to go by the highest paid director will get around £1,100 per week.

Like pretty much everyone else on this forum, I don't know if that's how it will work in practice and whether you accept this version or the one where Rod controls seven intelligent adults, effectively running the club without getting paid for it is entirely up to you.

CG that would depend on whether you think Rod really can delegate. He has usually been presented as a serial meddler, interferer, micromanager whatever in the area of spending the football budget. I have no idea if the penny pinching picture of Petrie is 100% correct but what I do know is that our playing staff has steadily declined in quality if not quantity over his tenure. Given that in the end a football team is primarily about the quality of its players (not its buildings/training facilities etc) then its clear that he is an abject failure who should play no role whatsoever in the running of Hibs.

Cropley10
27-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Again. Can you name them?

Ok, he's not on here right now but there's a poster who shares his username with the Newcastle Rugby team :dunno:

greenlex
27-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Ok, he's not on here right now but there's a poster who shares his username with the Newcastle Rugby team :dunno:

Got him yesterday.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 01:42 AM

Sorry CG but I wouldn't take that from somebody I don't respect, and I'm not taking it from somebody I do respect either.

It is not one man's skewed vision. FFS Petrie has spelt it out for us in plain English. These are his words, not mine:

...it is in the best interests of the Club for me complete that transition to our new Chief Executive and to oversee the other far reaching changes at the Club as non-executive ChairmanI asked Peevemor the question, and he ducked it, so I'm not going to waste my time phrasing it as a question again. To oversee means to supervise or be in charge of, and far reaching means both long term, and significant. In plain English, that means that Rod Petrie will supervise any long-term and significant changes that are going to happen at the club.

And in Deansy's defence, he did not 'dismiss Ms Dempster as an expensive puppet'. You have twisted his words. He stated, perfectly accurately, that we will continue to be at Rod's mercy. Which is perfectly true. And it is also true that we will be paying a lot of money for somebody to do the day-to-day running of the club. Which is not where the problem is. Anybody who thinks we have just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football after countless humiliations and seven years of abject failure because there were problems with the day to day running of the club would have to be an idiot (and I know you don't think that).

We have just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football after countless humiliations and seven years of abject failure because the man who has been in charge for that whole period has absolutely no leadership qualities whatsoever. He is a born second-in-command who unfortunately was given the reins of power, and unfortunately, as is often the case in such circumstances, years of power have given him an addiction to power, and a completely blindness to the fact that he has no leadership qualities whatsoever.

And that is the bit that is not changing. We have seen 'far-reaching changes' over the last seven years, as we evolved from a club that would go to the OF and challenge them on their own patch, to relegation. And these far reaching changes have been overseen by Rod Petrie.

The last thing anybody with half a brain would do is let Rod Petrie oversee any more far-reaching changes at Hibernian Football Club. In another seven years I don't want to be watching Hibs playing five-a-sides at Leith High School on a Sunday morning before I go off to watch the SPL game at the pub.

eggbamyasi
28-05-2014, 03:26 AM
The Petrie fan's are egg heads! They are definitely the patronizing type either public school boys or working class conservatives, it's hard to imagine that anyone who loves Hibs could back him up but there are some that do, they are just keeping quiet, but it wont be long before we hear their condescending posts!

******g ridiculous post . Like really really embarrassingly bad . Sorry had to be said .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 05:36 AM
...I asked Peevemor the question, and he ducked it, so I'm not going to waste my time phrasing it as a question again....

First I was slimey and now I'm ducking questions? You really are some piece of kit!

I didn't answer the question because I have no idea how the transfer of power from RP to LD will go, nor its extent and, unlike some, I'm not going to post my own speculation as fact. You'rs convinced that RP will remain in the background pulling the strings, I'm saying I don't know. You're saying that nothing will relly change, I'm saying I don't know.

Can you not see a pattern emerging here?

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 06:02 AM
First I was slimey and now I'm ducking questions? You really are some piece of kit!

I didn't answer the question because I have no idea how the transfer of power from RP to LD will go, nor its extent and, unlike some, I'm not going to post my own speculation as fact. You'rs convinced that RP will remain in the background pulling the strings, I'm saying I don't know. You're saying that nothing will relly change, I'm saying I don't know.

You say that you don't know if Rod will still be pulling the strings but is it not the fact that he has pulled enough strings to warrant his departure now ?. He should not be anywhere near the club as his management is toxic !.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 06:06 AM

I didn't answer the question because I have no idea how the transfer of power from RP to LD will go, nor its extent and, unlike some, I'm not going to post my own speculation as fact. You're convinced that RP will remain in the background pulling the strings, I'm saying I don't know. You're saying that nothing will really change, I'm saying I don't know.

This:

...it is in the best interests of the Club for me complete that transition to our new Chief Executive and to oversee the other far reaching changes at the Club as non-executive Chairman
I didn't ask you what it means. I asked you what you think it means. I asked what you think 'oversee' means, and what you think 'far-reaching' means.

If you genuinely can't even express a view about what you think everyday English words mean, why do you bother posting at all?

Do you just do it to annoy people? (Like that daft post where you suggested that maybe Petrie is just staying around to help LD do everything she wants to do...)

Stonewall
28-05-2014, 06:59 AM
This:

I didn't ask you what it means. I asked you what you think it means. I asked what you think 'oversee' means, and what you think 'far-reaching' means.

If you genuinely can't even express a view about what you think everyday English words mean, why do you bother posting at all?

Do you just do it to annoy people? (Like that daft post where you suggested that maybe Petrie is just staying around to help LD do everything she wants to do...)

As a matter of interest would you sack Leeann Dempster? Clearly a puppet if Petrie stays and if he goes she's a Petrie appointment and therefore toxic.

Caversham Green
28-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Sorry CG but I wouldn't take that from somebody I don't respect, and I'm not taking it from somebody I do respect either.

It is not one man's skewed vision. FFS Petrie has spelt it out for us in plain English. These are his words, not mine:
I asked Peevemor the question, and he ducked it, so I'm not going to waste my time phrasing it as a question again. To oversee means to supervise or be in charge of, and far reaching means both long term, and significant. In plain English, that means that Rod Petrie will supervise any long-term and significant changes that are going to happen at the club.

And in Deansy's defence, he did not 'dismiss Ms Dempster as an expensive puppet'. You have twisted his words. He stated, perfectly accurately, that we will continue to be at Rod's mercy. Which is perfectly true. And it is also true that we will be paying a lot of money for somebody to do the day-to-day running of the club. Which is not where the problem is. Anybody who thinks we have just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football after countless humiliations and seven years of abject failure because there were problems with the day to day running of the club would have to be an idiot (and I know you don't think that).

We have just been relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football after countless humiliations and seven years of abject failure because the man who has been in charge for that whole period has absolutely no leadership qualities whatsoever. He is a born second-in-command who unfortunately was given the reins of power, and unfortunately, as is often the case in such circumstances, years of power have given him an addiction to power, and a completely blindness to the fact that he has no leadership qualities whatsoever.

And that is the bit that is not changing. We have seen 'far-reaching changes' over the last seven years, as we evolved from a club that would go to the OF and challenge them on their own patch, to relegation. And these far reaching changes have been overseen by Rod Petrie.

The last thing anybody with half a brain would do is let Rod Petrie oversee any more far-reaching changes at Hibernian Football Club. In another seven years I don't want to be watching Hibs playing five-a-sides at Leith High School on a Sunday morning before I go off to watch the SPL game at the pub.

No Nailrod, your post gave the distinct impression that Rod would still be fully in charge and since you are clearly someone who is careful with language (given your analysis of Rod's statement) I have to assume that was your intention. Deansy swallowed it, saying:

basically, the only thing that changes is Petrie's job-title, we're still at his mercy.

I've edited his post to show only the part that's relevant to my point - having wrongly pulled up Peevemor for editing quotes, I wonder why you chose not to quote Deansy.

On the matter of the part of Rod's statement that you're quoting, would you not agree that a non-exec chairman oversees board meetings without having any more influence that the other directors?

Finally, FWIW and to give a complete view of my opinion this is what I posted on the PM board yesterday morning:

I think there's been a lot of vindictive rubbish posted about RP in recent years, much of it based on personality rather than ability. Like you, I don't believe he is as directly responsible for the footballing problems as many think. I also think the rest of the board gets off far too lightly - collective responsibility is the whole point of having a board of directors and if they're letting Petrie run the show then they are neglecting their own duties to the club.

Having said all that, he has presided over a long period where the organisation he heads up has spent more and achieved less than most of its direct competitors. His recent statement reads like the club has just come out of a bad season - it hasn't, the season just past has been an abject failure on all fronts. Pre Calderwood we had a few seasons where we didn't do as well as we should - I can accept that, these things happen - but since then the club, headed by RP, has shown itself to be incapable of putting this right and things have actually got much worse, culminating in Sunday's disaster. In saying it would be wrong of him to leave he demonstrates his arrogance - the underlying message being that only he can put things right despite the fact that he has been unable to do so in the past. The only saving grace being that he would take some heat off Leann Dempster who I fear is going to get a lot of undeserved flak next season. Normally the identity of a non-executive chairman should be of little consequence but Rod has alienated a large section of the club's support to the point where some will not be supporting the club (i.e. buying tickets) while he's there - right or wrong that is extremely unhealthy for any club.

Rod says it would be wrong for him to leave, I say it's wrong for him to stay regardless of how direct his resposibility is for the current shambles.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 07:15 AM
As a matter of interest would you sack Leeann Dempster? Clearly a puppet if Petrie stays and if he goes she's a Petrie appointment and therefore toxic.I genuinely don't understand why you're asking me this. Why would I sack Leeanne Dempster? Why would I think she's a 'Petrie puppet'?

I think she'll be rigidly constrained in what she's able to do in terms of addressing long term, serious problems, by the fact that Rod Petrie will continue to 'oversee far-reaching change'.

Take this as an example (hypothetical, unfortunately):

Rod, I've had a number of discussions with a fan called Nailrod. He's been very successful in a demanding, customer-facing business. He's willing to put £2 million into the club as working capital. He's not looking to be involved in any shareholding or ownership at this stage, but I'm afraid he wants you replaced as Chairman in favour of someone that he will bring in. I want to set up a meeting next week to talk things over between myself, Nailrod, and Sir Tom, to see what he thinks. Nailrod doesn't want you involved...

What do you think the chances are of the answer to that being "Ok, I'll set up the meeting"?

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 07:18 AM
You say that you don't know if Rod will still be pulling the strings but is it not the fact that he has pulled enough strings to warrant his departure now ?. He should not be anywhere near the club as his management is toxic !.

Indeed, which is why I added my name to the admins' email/petition thing.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 07:33 AM
This:

OK. RP says to Leeann Dempster - "Here's £3m. That's your budget for next season for the playing staff, including severance and signing on packages. Get on with it and report back to the board. Here's another lump sum of £500k, I want you to overhaul the football management team, DOF, academy structure etc., all as discussed during your job interviews. Get on with it and report back to the board. Here's £100k for your PR budget. Sorry it's less than previosuly discussed but we were relegated divven't ye ken. Get on with it and report back to the board. You've got 6 weeks to put together your paper/proposals on community/fan ownership, we have to announce something during the summer. If you need a help with any of that, can't find a file, whatever, give me a shout. Then report back to the board..."

Could this be how he's going to oversee far-reaching change or is he going to stick his neb in at every opportunity?

I have no idea and neither do you.

I'll wait and see, you've already made up your mind.

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Could this be how he's going to oversee far-reaching change or is he going to stick his neb in at every opportunity?

I have no idea and neither do you.

I'll wait and see, you've already made up your mind.the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 07:56 AM
No Nailrod, your post gave the distinct impression that Rod would still be fully in charge...
I don't know how I can make my position any clearer, other than putting it as a list

1. Rod will not be 'fully in charge'
2. Leeanne Dempster will be fully in charge of 'the day-to-day running of the business'.
3. We do not have a problem with 'the day-to-day running of the business'
4. Our long-term strategy has been a catastrophic failure
5. Rod will continue to 'oversee far-reaching change'.
6. The guy who has created the catastrophic problem appears to believe that he is the person to manage the solution

As far as Deansy is concerned, he said:

...basically, the only thing that changes is Petrie's job-title, we're still at his mercy.
I said he said:
He stated, perfectly accurately, that we will continue to be at Rod's mercy.
I can't fit a bawhair between the two statements. He never made any comment on Leeanne Dempster's role, and you said he had "dismissed Ms Dempster as an expensive puppet". I would be interested to know whether he thinks I misrepresented him, or you.

On the matter of the part of Rod's statement that you're quoting, would you not agree that a non-exec chairman oversees board meetings without having any more influence that the other directors?In a large, publicly quoted company, with multiple shareholders, where the non-exec Chairman's role is limited to chairing the board meetings, yes. In a tiny little company, with one major shareholder/owner, where the Chairman is unarguably the spokesperson for the shareholder/owner, no. And Rod isn't restricting himself to 'overseeing board meetings'. He's going to be 'overseeing far-reaching change'.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 08:08 AM
OK. RP says to Leeann Dempster - "Here's £3m.... etc... Ok. So in your vision of how it's going to work, instead of Leeanne Dempster telling Rod Petrie how much money she needs, and how she plans to raise it, Rod Petrie dictates to her what her budgets are going to be, and tells her to get on with it.

But that's not him 'running the show'.

:rolleyes:

(For what it's worth, I haven't the slightest doubt that your vision of how its going to work is absolutely spot on. I have no doubt that that is exactly what Rod has in mind.)

Stonewall
28-05-2014, 08:08 AM
I genuinely don't understand why you're asking me this. Why would I sack Leeanne Dempster? Why would I think she's a 'Petrie puppet'?

I think she'll be rigidly constrained in what she's able to do in terms of addressing long term, serious problems, by the fact that Rod Petrie will continue to 'oversee far-reaching change'.

Take this as an example (hypothetical, unfortunately):

Rod, I've had a number of discussions with a fan called Nailrod. He's been very successful in a demanding, customer-facing business. He's willing to put £2 million into the club as working capital. He's not looking to be involved in any shareholding or ownership at this stage, but I'm afraid he wants you replaced as Chairman in favour of someone that he will bring in. I want to set up a meeting next week to talk things over between myself, Nailrod, and Sir Tom, to see what he thinks. Nailrod doesn't want you involved...

What do you think the chances are of the answer to that being "Ok, I'll set up the meeting"?

Well if RP will continue to pull the strings (or she is rigidly constrained) then it would seem reasonable to assume that he's appointed LD as he knows she will accept this state of affairs. If you are correct then I wouldn't want her near the place, that is why I asked the question.

If you are wrong and she is allowed to do her job then how would we know RP isn't still the power behind the throne and she just the public face. It's why RP probably has to go regardless of the justification for this, it's the perception of a large and increasing proportion of the support.

The way I look at it the only way of proving the point one way or the other is if she resigns after a short period and doesn't sign the compromise agreement or RP severs his ties with the club.

I'll think about your scenario. Bit pushed for time at the moment.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Ok. So in your vision of how it's going to work, instead of Leeanne Dempster telling Rod Petrie how much money she needs, and how she plans to raise it, Rod Petrie dictates to her what her budgets are going to be, and tells her to get on with it.

But that's not him 'running the show'.

:rolleyes:

(For what it's worth, I haven't the slightest doubt that your vision of how its going to work is absolutely spot on. I have no doubt that that is exactly what Rod has in mind.)

It's not my vision - it's a hypothesis.

And budgets are ordinarily set at Board meetings. The CEO is part of the board, n'est-ce pas?

jeffers
28-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Could someone please answer me this, who does LD report to ?

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Could someone please answer me this, who does LD report to ?

The board of directors.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Could someone please answer me this, who does LD report to ?In a large publicly-quoted limited company with multiple shareholders, the CEO would report to the Board of Directors, be answerable to the Board, and could be dismissed by the Board. HFC is not a large publicly-quoted limited company with multiple shareholders.

Does that help?

jeffers
28-05-2014, 08:26 AM
The board of directors.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but does that include RP ?

Caversham Green
28-05-2014, 08:27 AM
I don't know how I can make my position any clearer, other than putting it as a list

1. Rod will not be 'fully in charge'
2. Leeanne Dempster will be fully in charge of 'the day-to-day running of the business'.
3. We do not have a problem with 'the day-to-day running of the business'
4. Our long-term strategy has been a catastrophic failure
5. Rod will continue to 'oversee far-reaching change'.
6. The guy who has created the catastrophic problem appears to believe that he is the person to manage the solution

As far as Deansy is concerned, he said:

I said he said:
I can't fit a bawhair between the two statements. He never made any comment on Leeanne Dempster's role, and you said he had "dismissed Ms Dempster as an expensive puppet". I would be interested to know whether he thinks I misrepresented him, or you.

In a large, publicly quoted company, with multiple shareholders, where the non-exec Chairman's role is limited to chairing the board meetings, yes. In a tiny little company, with one major shareholder/owner, where the Chairman is unarguably the spokesperson for the shareholder/owner, no. And Rod isn't restricting himself to 'overseeing board meetings'. He's going to be 'overseeing far-reaching change'.

You don't think 'calling all the shots' could be interpreted as being fully in charge then? Or that "the only thing that changes is Petrie's job title" suggests that Deansy feels that Rod will still be fully in charge?

Your interpretation of the use of the word oversee is different from mine and as Peevemor indicates, neither of us knows precisely what he means - I think we'll just have to agree to differ on that but in any case I don't think he should remain on the board to do whatever he proposes to do.

The size of the company is irrelevant as far as the board structure is concerned. What is relevant is the level of shareholder involvement and the nature of the business. It's perfectly reasonable for a public interest company like HFC to have a non-exec chairman who does little more than chair the meetings and present himself for PR. I would repeat the point that if the rest of the board allow RP to dictate terms then they are as culpable as he is - more so if he is a non-exec.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but does that include RP ?

As chairman (executive or not), yes.

jeffers
28-05-2014, 08:34 AM
As chairman (executive or not), yes.

Cheers. From the little I've read/heard about LD she sounds like a strong character, but my concern (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that) is how much control can she really have when ultimately she is reporting to RP. It strikes me as being a wee bit like the PF Fenlon appointment when RP claimed he wasn't involved in the process.......

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 08:43 AM
It's not my vision - it's a hypothesis.

And budgets are ordinarily set at Board meetings. The CEO is part of the board, n'est-ce pas?

In LD's case, I don't think that she will be part of the Board.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 08:50 AM
In LD's case, I don't think that she will be part of the Board.

Even if she has no voting rights, I'd be surprised if she wasn't present at board meetings.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Even if she has no voting rights, I'd be surprised if she wasn't present at board meetings.

Oh, she'll be there, of course. It will be part of her job to regularly report to the Board, and that is the normal forum for doing so in small companies.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Oh, she'll be there, of course. It will be part of her job to regularly report to the Board, and that is the normal forum for doing so in small companies.

Does that not make her an ex-officio member of the board? Not nit picking - genuine question.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 09:01 AM
In LD's case, I don't think that she will be part of the Board.CWG that sounds utterly bizarre. The Financial Director and the Club Secretary are members of the Board, and not the CEO? Do you have some inside info on that, or would you rather not say?

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Does that not make her an ex-officio member of the board? Not nit picking - genuine question.

No. She needs to be formally appointed (by the rest of the Board) and legally registered (with Companies House) before she is an actual director.

There is a concept of "shadow director", which is where someone is not the above, but carries on as if they are. That's only really relevant when insolvency proceedings come into play, eg for apportioning blame and legal liability.

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 09:04 AM
No. She needs to be formally appointed (by the rest of the Board) and legally registered (with Companies House) before she is an actual director.

There is a concept of "shadow director", which is where someone is not the above, but carries on as if they are. That's only really relevant when insolvency proceedings come into play, eg for apportioning blame and legal liability.

OK cheers.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 09:06 AM
CWG that sounds utterly bizarre. The Financial Director and the Club Secretary are members of the Board, and not the CEO? Do you have some inside info on that, or would you rather not say?

I have no info, it is instinct more than anything. However, I think it's significant that LD's title is "Chief Exec" rather than "Managing Director".

FD's and Secretaries are normally part of Boards.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 09:08 AM

There is a concept of "shadow director", which is where someone is not the above, but carries on as if they are. That's only really relevant when insolvency proceedings come into play, eg for apportioning blame and legal liability.But why do you say you don't think she's going to be part of the Board? It would take no time to appoint her as a Director.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 09:16 AM
But why do you say you don't think she's going to be part of the Board? It would take no time to appoint her as a Director.

see above.

Caversham Green
28-05-2014, 09:17 AM
CWG that sounds utterly bizarre. The Financial Director and the Club Secretary are members of the Board, and not the CEO? Do you have some inside info on that, or would you rather not say?

Not bizarre in general terms, she wasn't a director at Motherwell, but it would be a departure from our club's normal policy.

FWIW I think she will be appointed a director.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 09:21 AM
see above.Well if you're right, I'm gobsmacked. Having said that, you would have thought they would have lodged the paperwork when the appointment was confirmed, so Companies House would already have her as a Director by now.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Well if you're right, I'm gobsmacked. Having said that, you would have thought they would have lodged the paperwork when the appointment was confirmed, so Companies House would already have her as a Director by now.

She's not officially appointed until 1 June. Pretty sure CH wouldn't accept any paperwork prior to that date.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 09:27 AM
She's not officially appointed until 1 June. Pretty sure CH wouldn't accept any paperwork prior to that date.
But her appointment must have been ratified by the Board. They could have lodged the papers then. She wouldn't have had to be working for the company to become a Director.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 09:33 AM
But her appointment must have been ratified by the Board. They could have lodged the papers then. She wouldn't have had to be working for the company to become a Director.

Why would she accept the responsibility of being a Board member before her actual appointment?

The likeliest scenario is, whether she's a Director or not, that she is appointed and starts work on 1 June.

GreenPJ
28-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Whether or not she ends up on the board from the brief aspects I have read of her she seems to be a very competent individual from a business sense but also recognised the need of fan buy-in and appears to have been able to support McCall in finding good signings (imagine if we had persuaded McManus to sign for us).

She is in a very strong position based on the position the Club are in. I have no doubts at all if she feels that she cannot implement what she wants to do due to board intervention all she has to do is walk or leak it to the press. The fanbase is already looking for change - if the new CEO comes in and admits she can't do her job due to board intervention it is going to create a maelstrom with the fans and change will be forced.

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Why would she accept the responsibility of being a Board member before her actual appointment?

The likeliest scenario is, whether she's a Director or not, that she is appointed and starts work on 1 June.Maybe that's the 'big announcement' due at the end of the week! :thumbsup:

Peevemor
28-05-2014, 09:38 AM

Can you be a director of an SPFL club and an employee of another at the same time?

Nailrod
28-05-2014, 09:40 AM
...She is in a very strong position based on the position the Club are in. I have no doubts at all if she feels that she cannot implement what she wants to do due to board intervention all she has to do is walk or leak it to the press. The fanbase is already looking for change - if the new CEO comes in and admits she can't do her job due to board intervention it is going to create a maelstrom with the fans and change will be forced.That would be completely unacceptable. You can't have a 'new broom' coming in and starting her tenure by leaking stuff to the press to resolve conflicts with the existing Board.

kirk1875
28-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Petrie is not the cold hearted monster many on here portray him as. In my opinion his biggest mistake was the new east stand. Might sound daft but we have been getting worse and worse since that thing was built. We should have spent money then on players rather than the new stand. What else could he have done to prevent this? Manager appointments? The only one that was a complete disaster and someone who didn't deserve it was Calderwood, however a gamble worked with Mowbray so think that was his thinking at the time. In the last couple of seasons he has gave money to mangers so we can't fault him for that. Yes it's not a lot of money but we need to live within our means.

For me I honestly believe relegation is Butchers fault alone. Might sound harsh but it's the way I see it. He clearly lost the dressing room a long time ago, I don't even think he had it in the first place. His tactics, team selections and substitutions were eratic, condractictory and plain old sh£t at times. He will be given the summer to rebuild, fair enough, maybe it's time we did stick by a manager and gave them time. However now Butcher has the Fenlon factor. Fenlon could never be forgiven for that cup final, that was the day he lost the fans. Think the same for Butcher, we are not going to forgive him for being the man that took us down.

I still think Petrie should go but for me relegation is Butchers fault.

--------
28-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Guilty M'lud.

I pm'd Jonnyboy and Peevemor to tell them how I interpreted the notes in the accounts. The notes say that the highest paid director had a basic salary of £58k plus £12k worth of benefits/pension. They then go on to name four non-exec directors who received no payment, and Rod isn't one of those directors - I would assume (but don't know for sure) he got the £58k.

I believe the original "Rod doesn't get paid" argument came about at the time Fife'n'Scott were running the club and, as a non-exec, he wasn't taking a salary. When they went he reverted to his old job, presumably short-term and presumably back on salary. The appointment of Leann Demspter is presumably the end of the short term and he will now be an unpaid chairman again (unless someone can change his mind). Please note the copious use of the word "presumably" in all that.

The reason I didn't post a correction on here is that by the time I read the thread it had already got rather messy and I felt I would probably cause more problems than I solved on a matter that IMO is not of any great relevance in the grand scheme of things despite how seriously some are taking it. I'm also sick of arms and legs being added to stuff I (and others) post and really don't have the stomach for protracted debate on this when there are so many more serious issues facing our club.

One thing I take from the para in bold, CG, is that what we have in prospect is LD operating as CEO under the same conditions as Scott and Fyfe did - Petrie looking over her shoulder and exerting all the unseen influence in the world.

Yet one more indication that we're royally screwed.

--------
28-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Petrie is not the cold hearted monster many on here portray him as. In my opinion his biggest mistake was the new east stand. Might sound daft but we have been getting worse and worse since that thing was built. We should have spent money then on players rather than the new stand. What else could he have done to prevent this? Manager appointments? The only one that was a complete disaster and someone who didn't deserve it was Calderwood, however a gamble worked with Mowbray so think that was his thinking at the time. In the last couple of seasons he has gave money to mangers so we can't fault him for that. Yes it's not a lot of money but we need to live within our means.

For me I honestly believe relegation is Butchers fault alone. Might sound harsh but it's the way I see it. He clearly lost the dressing room a long time ago, I don't even think he had it in the first place. His tactics, team selections and substitutions were eratic, condractictory and plain old sh£t at times. He will be given the summer to rebuild, fair enough, maybe it's time we did stick by a manager and gave them time. However now Butcher has the Fenlon factor. Fenlon could never be forgiven for that cup final, that was the day he lost the fans. Think the same for Butcher, we are not going to forgive him for being the man that took us down.

I still think Petrie should go but for me relegation is Butchers fault.

Nice to hear from you, Rodders.

Like to explain why not a single manager since Mowbray's lasted more than 18 months in the job?

Or why the 'youth academy' East Mains was built to accommodate hasn't produced the players it was promised to do?

Or why we have the biggest turnover in playing staff in the whole Scottish League - each intake worse than the last?

All on your watch?

Remember what Harry Truman said about the Oval Office - "The buck stops here". Same goes for the chairman's desk at ER.

Time to be a man and fall on your sword.